PDA

View Full Version : If you had another forest, what would you do with it?

SummerNightSky
09-18-15, 12:26 PM
I know a lot of players have more than one forest courtesy of owning more than one Apple device. For those that don't, what would you do with another? Would you take the same approach as that of your original forest? Would you decide to make a forest consisting entirely of one species of animal, of only limited animals, of animals in their baby forms, etc?

Not to leave out those who do have more than one forest, what do you do with yours?

chippychan
09-18-15, 12:41 PM
I'm one of those players with 2 forests. :)

I treat my secondary forest as more of an experiment to see what animals I can get without really spending any gems to speed-breed or buy animals outright. The only thing I spend gems on in that account are some habitats that are on sale for discounted gems (but only if I really like them) and I also bought the Money Badger when it was first introduced at a discounted price. I've also spent gems on skipping a couple quest steps - like in the adventure story goals - and in tournaments in the past. I've recently stopped spending in tournaments though because I figure I have so many animals in storage already that there's not much point. But mostly I try not to spend gems and just see what I'm lucky enough to get.

My main account I've spent money on though, and I try my best to get most animals and I sometimes spend gems to do so.

I think if I could have a third account (crazy, I know) I would try to make it all one animal just for laughs. I used to have someone on my neighbor list that had nothing in their forest but tons of baby Pyro Ponies. Fields and fields of Pyro Ponies. ;)

RowanaFarrin
09-18-15, 12:54 PM
I think it might be fun to fill it with families of all the common animals. Like a baby, juvenile, adult and epic Armodillo, Plantlers, and so on! It would be a sanctuary for all those numerous commons bred in the name of limited animals and events. :P I mean, where do they go when you sell them? Hopefully somewhere nice... Commons sometimes need love too! (Plantlers is actually one of my favorites still. ^_^)

If I really did have a second forest, I'm not sure if I'd actually do this, but I do think I would take it more easy in it. Focus on animals I want to get, ignore events more, and just play around. Sometimes I don't have time to feed/evolve/hatch some of the animals I want when I'm busy with events. Might be nice to have a forest where I just ignore all that!

ogreve
09-18-15, 01:25 PM
Well, I used to have a not-too-bad second forest on the iPad, but ever since that was stolen, we haven't bought a new iPad, so that one is currently "hibernating in TL land". Then, there's a third forest on my wife's iPhone. I don't play the game intensely on it, but just try to do easy stuff there, like putting in breedings every day, Spin to Win, and also the easier steps of the Storybook. That account is at level 23 and it's tremendously hard to get enough money for expansions etc., which is something which is a dooze on my main account now.

The reasons for having secondary and tertiary forests are twofold: firstly, they're used for gem gifting (not just to me, also to others) and secondly just like Chippychan wrote, for experimenting a bit with breeding odds.

Would you e.g. believe that on my wife's iPhone with little trouble I got TWO Station Dalmations (whereas for all the trouble I've gone through on my main account I just CANNOT get any of these animals)? Also, would you believe that on that same account the Spin to Win feature gave a Humingburn, a Chimpala and then a 3rd animal (I believe another Chimpala) without spending gems? Well, I don't think I have to repeat what happened on my main account with that Spin to Win feature...

It's kinda fun to compare. Also, at times it's a bit "refreshing" to play at lower levels again and have many more things left to breed for, etc.

SummerNightSky
09-18-15, 09:58 PM
I think if I could have a third account (crazy, I know) I would try to make it all one animal just for laughs. I used to have someone on my neighbor list that had nothing in their forest but tons of baby Pyro Ponies. Fields and fields of Pyro Ponies. ;)
Haha! Once when I was visiting random forests through the Community tab, I encountered an army of juvenile Pandaffodils. Nothing else. I busted out laughing. I'm glad they weren't baby Pandaffodils though: that butt dragging animation makes me cringe.

55lee55
09-19-15, 08:10 AM
I would delete it immediately. One is more than enough for me with the release of at least two animals a week and now nearly back-to-back storybooks. That crashed two devices by itself. Still doesn't work on one. It would be gone.