PDA

View Full Version : EXPANSION: Solar Bear

ogreve
09-18-15, 11:35 AM

GOOOOOOOOD NEWS!!!!
They're here: new expansions on the upper left purple plots!!
They go to a new animal (seemingly earth-fire judging from the colours of it) called the Solar Bear!
The habitat cap has been raised too: for me it now shows a cap of 76!!!

More details to follow later: good luck to those who have hung in here waiting for precisely this moment!

Goal screens for expanding to the Solar Bear:

And there it is! The new animal, the Solar Bear.

Solar Bear.
Earth-fire.
Rarity: Super Rare.
Breeding and incubation: 18 hours.
Evolution time: 20 hours.

Sandybellee
09-18-15, 11:45 AM
Woohoo!!! Exciting! I'm so glad for everyone who didn't have more room to expand. :) This certainly breaths new life into the game!

ninasidstorm8
09-18-15, 11:47 AM
I assume that you have to expand to the lower left corner of the Upper Purple shelf before you can access the shelf that the Solar Bear is located, since that is the only space I have not expanded to on the Upper Purple Shelf. Either that, or you need to finish expanding all the old spaces first.

I hope this meets everyone's needs.

chippychan
09-18-15, 11:49 AM
I'm happy to see the additions but I kind of wish the Solar Bear introduced a new (breedable) element. ;)

Yay for an increase in allowable habitats!! :)

ogreve
09-18-15, 11:51 AM
I can't check the former for you for another 9 hours as just earlier today I initiated an expansion on the upper blue shelf :P
It would be my guess though they you first have to go through the lower purple shelf expansions in which case it will still take a long time before I get there. Maybe it's possible to "carve a straight" path to it, just like is possible for reaching the Treent...
Exciting!

Hawksmoor
09-18-15, 11:55 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you S8! And sorry to all the mods/Regina who have taken our abuse over this, but this is a much overdue and welcomed update!

31aug2002
09-18-15, 11:59 AM
This is great news for all who had maxed out on expansions and habitats. Congratulations!!!

ninasidstorm8
09-18-15, 12:00 PM
I can't check the former for you for another 9 hours as just earlier today I initiated an expansion on the upper blue shelf :P
It would be my guess though they you first have to go through the lower purple shelf expansions in which case it will still take a long time before I get there. Maybe it's possible to "carve a straight" path to it, just like is possible for reaching the Treent...
Exciting!

I show an expansion from the lower Purple Shelf to the middle Purple Shelf below the Solar Bear. However, I am hoping that I can get to the Solar Bear shelf from the upper Purple Shelf as ell. I should have enough Runes for my next expansion tomorrow and I will be able to check It out. I does look to me like another 12 expansion plots.

SummerNightSky
09-18-15, 12:09 PM
This is particularly awesome news for those who were running out of room and/or had hit the habitat limit! Thank you TL/S8 for alleviating the stress those players have been experiencing!

TL4me
09-18-15, 12:42 PM
Thank you so much S8 and your wonderful FFS development team for this much needed update. I am very grateful!

ninasidstorm8
09-18-15, 01:00 PM
The Solar Bear is another Earth/Fire Super Rare. I am not sure why it is part of the expansion unless there is a new Treasure Animal coming soon and the Solar Bear is part of the Breeding Combo for it.

DaenerisTargaryen
09-18-15, 01:15 PM
The amount of allowed farms has risen to 76 on your profile view.

55lee55
09-18-15, 04:04 PM
I had quit checking my forest since it would no longer load beyond the nest and animal shadows. Couldn't play the game like that. Don't know why I decided to give it one more try. Not only did my forest load, but there are expansions! Yay!

They increased the habitat limits too, from 66 to 76. I can play again!

Well, the iPad mini still crashes, but I can play again on the Retina. Guess I can't expect everything at once, and this will keep me playing.

Thanks, S8!

cocauina
09-18-15, 05:41 PM
The amount of allowed farms has risen to 76 on your profile view.

Habitats not farms :p hahaha

SummerNightSky
09-18-15, 09:52 PM
Adult Solar Bear's face reminds me a little of a lion/big cat. The epic form is lovely (so sparkly!).

chill0907
09-18-15, 10:33 PM
Reminded me of a lion as well. Im going to name him Mufasa lol

ogreve
09-19-15, 12:19 AM
OK, with the expansion on the upper blue plot completed, I could finally check what the quickest route is from my forest to get towards this animal. There is no direct route from "the Hareon's shelf with plots" but it is possible to take a "short cut" from the lowest purple plots: it's not necessary to clear ALL of those first. Fortunately you can directly go to the middle left plots too. I don't know yet what the quickest way will be from there to the upper left shelf, but I'm sure the (previously) maxed out users can soon tell us. :P

See the screenshots below for what I mean:

ninasidstorm8
09-19-15, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the information. I didn't think about future expansion when I was expanding, so the closest path I have to the Solar Bear will be 4 spaces assuming You can go directly from the Middle Purple Shelf to the Upper one. I will make sure I plan better for the future.

ninasidstorm8
09-19-15, 08:23 AM
Since this update I am back to having problems when I leave the game to do something else and come back. When I return to FFS, the game appears frozen than after about 10 seconds, the game ends and I need to reload. No big problem. The bigger problem is that if I let the screen saver come on while in FFS, when I try to wake it up, my iPad appears to go dead for a couple minutes. I had updated to iOS 9.0 earlier in the day but the issue didn't start happening until the FFS update. No problem with any other applications.

calvinxx
09-21-15, 06:11 AM
I just started the expansion to the Solar Bear today :) Can't wait to have this little guy in 12 hours!

ninasidstorm8
09-21-15, 08:37 AM
I just started the expansion to the Solar Bear today :) Can't wait to have this little guy in 12 hours!

Congratulations, I was looking for someone that had expanded to the shelf with the Solar Bear. I noticed that in addition to going directly up the right side of the middle shelf you have additional clear spots on the Middle Shelf.. Did you have a path to the Solar Bear just using the right side of the Middle Shelf or were you just opening up new spots on the middle shelf? I hope my question is clear.

I figure it will take me a month at a minimum to get to the Solar Bear, I was just wondering if I can take a direct path to it.

cocauina
09-21-15, 08:45 AM

What it was the cost and how many runes are necessary?

calvinxx
09-21-15, 08:48 AM
Congratulations, I was looking for someone that had expanded to the shelf with the Solar Bear. I noticed that in addition to going directly up the right side of the middle shelf you have additional clear spots on the Middle Shelf.. Did you have a path to the Solar Bear just using the right side of the Middle Shelf or were you just opening up new spots on the middle shelf? I hope my question is clear.

I figure it will take me a month at a minimum to get to the Solar Bear, I was just wondering if I can take a direct path to it.

I was able to make a direct path along the bottom and then over to the Bear. I just ended up doing 1 extra on the middle shelf because I didn't know if I wanted to go directly to him at first

calvinxx
09-21-15, 08:48 AM
What it was the cost and how many runes are necessary?

Same as a regular expansion for me. 76 runes and 1 mil coins

ninasidstorm8
09-21-15, 08:57 AM
I was able to make a direct path along the bottom and then over to the Bear. I just ended up doing 1 extra on the middle shelf because I didn't know if I wanted to go directly to him at first

Thanks for the info.

Are you really at 76 Runes for an expansion? I have been at 70 Runes for an expansions for so long, I had assumed that was going to be the permanent cap.

CoodieBug
09-21-15, 09:54 AM
I don't know where to post this but the solitaire game isn't keeping track of the games I've been playing which is possibly over 300 by now?!!! Is anyone having trouble?

SummerNightSky
09-21-15, 10:06 AM
I don't know where to post this but the solitaire game isn't keeping track of the games I've been playing which is possibly over 300 by now?!!! Is anyone having trouble?
Probably a stupid quesiton, but have you clicked the button in the upper left corner. It takes you to Stats and shows how many games you've played.

cocauina
09-21-15, 12:06 PM

(...)Are you really at 76 Runes for an expansion? I have been at 70 Runes for an expansions for so long, I had assumed that was going to be the permanent cap.

Same, 70 runes for a really long time.

kooky panda
09-21-15, 02:40 PM
If you are talking about the percentage on a promotional goal- It will stay at 0 until you have finished the required number of games.

CoodieBug
09-21-15, 06:25 PM
Thx ��

calvinxx
09-21-15, 07:24 PM

Yep I'm at 76

19sparkles96
09-21-15, 08:26 PM
Wish the new cap had been higher as I was already at 72 habitats, so I only gained 4 more, but at least it's something.

ninasidstorm8
09-21-15, 09:35 PM

Yep I'm at 76

Thanks for the info. Something else to look forward to. :(

ogreve
09-22-15, 12:33 AM
Oh my god.... 70 runes is terrible enough as it is. :S
Man, expansions come SO slowly at 70 runes already. I'm not happy with that news.... :(

Question: how about the costs and times for clearing the foliage away on the new plots?
Against Zenobia's advice I'm currently working on clearing the upper blue shelf first (or at least a part of it), but it's a b*tch to do so, with those really expansive 33 hours (!) Fail Shales. I don't like having to pay so much and wait so long when one FINALLY sees an expansion finish (I can handle the cost, but it's the 33 hours waiting that I particularly dislike). But... the pay-off is that I'm working on clearing my number 1 favourite spot in the forest, so that at least is encouraging. It also means that I'm working on "blueish" habitats that way, which tends to translate itself into "well earning gem, water, electric and/or special habitats".

I may have to interchange the expansions a bit though, as I'm also going to need earth, fire and/or dark habitats, depending on when I hatch other animals (after the River Runner) from storage. Now, if there's something special to the Solar Bear, I'll probably go that direction first for the next set of expansions (which should take me about a month or so to complete :S ).

I'm really curious to see what, if anything, is the special "twist" to this Solar Bear. If we look at the other "expandable" animals, we find the following special features of them:
-Frostfang: adds the basic 'water' element to the breeding options.
-Lightning Leopard: adds the 'electric' water element to the breeding options.
-Hareon: is one of the two ingredients for breeding for a Money Badger.
-Treent: adds the non-breedable 'wood of life' element (and makes for a good gem-****er in combat too).

So.... what can we expect of the Solar Bear? The expansion costs and elements are normal, but could it be that it will become one of the two "ingredients" for a new, yet to be released/announced Treasure animal? :P
If a new Treasure animal is released soon along with a riddle like "find the secret formula for breeding XYZ animal", the Solar Bear would sound like one of the two ingredients. :P

I think if I'd have a Solar Bear at this time, I'd be trying to use it for some breedings with some other animals. Of course without so much of a hint or announcement from TL that there's anything special about it, that would be a long shot, but who knows... Bummer I don't have one now: I'm doing back-to-back gem-nature-earth-fire breedings now: I could have used the Solar Bear as one of the ingredients.... :P

cocauina
09-22-15, 07:56 AM

Yep I'm at 76

Strange.. You already have expanded a lot also :)

What habitat did the Solar Bear expansion gave you?

By the way, I knew something was different... Your "expansion" letters are different from mine.

calvinxx
09-22-15, 08:50 AM
Strange.. You already have expanded a lot also :)

What habitat did the Solar Bear expansion gave you?

By the way, I knew something was different... Your "expansion" letters are different from mine.

It have me an Earth habitat which was nice and I'm upgrading it to large now

cocauina
09-22-15, 10:15 AM
It have me an Earth habitat which was nice and I'm upgrading it to large now

Thank you Calvin! :)

ninasidstorm8
09-25-15, 11:08 AM
To anyone hoping for a quick path to the Solar Bear, it looks like we may need to go through one more expansion slot than we originally thought. it looks like the way to the upper shelf containing the Solar Bear is through the middle space on the middle shelf.

saucysammis
09-26-15, 09:42 AM
I too have given up on making the last expansion on the upper ice cliff. My upper fire shelf is expanded except for the upper left and lower left and would only allow the top right expansion on the lower fire shelf. So to try going towards the new solar bear I chose to expand the lower left of the top shelf first. (Will add this to expansion thread)

ogreve
09-26-15, 01:21 PM
Here's an "unwelcome twist" to expanding to the new plots: check out the below three screenshots of the first expansion I made there. First there was the normal 1,000,000 coins cost for the expansion itself, but then to my unpleasant surprise, there were 5 pieces of foliage to clear out, and all but one are expensive!
There are 3 Obsidian Deposits (costing 400,000 each), 1 Basalt Boulder (500,000) and 1 Smoking Shrub (25,000). I really hate it that when we can finally expand, we first have to go through a long timer (18 or 19 hours for me) and then this. The total cost just for clearing the foliage away on that spot is 1,725,000 coins. Add to that the expansion cost (1,000,000 for me) and that's no picknick. :(
The only good news is that the foliage clearing times on this spot all are 20 minutes as opposed to the 33 hours (!) of the upper blue shelf.

In itself I don't mind it so much if something costs a decent amount of coins, but as I've been doing back-to-back Charm Cherries plantings through the days, and Nexus Nuts overnight, my funds are now depleted and I couldn't directly buy a Treasure Trove to let it start building overnight. My hourly earning rate is just over 100K and the top earner, the Quartz Quetzalcoatl has been in the den all of the past week and is in the flower now. I'm going to have to take a small break from harvesting now, so tomorrow morning I should have enough cash to start the construction of a Treasure Trove.

Can anyone who has already reached the Solar Bear tell me if the other plots in those regions have about equally bad costs?

ninasidstorm8
09-27-15, 01:23 PM
Here's an "unwelcome twist" to expanding to the new plots: check out the below three screenshots of the first expansion I made there. First there was the normal 1,000,000 coins cost for the expansion itself, but then to my unpleasant surprise, there were 5 pieces of foliage to clear out, and all but one are expensive!
There are 3 Obsidian Deposits (costing 400,000 each), 1 Basalt Boulder (500,000) and 1 Smoking Shrub (25,000). I really hate it that when we can finally expand, we first have to go through a long timer (18 or 19 hours for me) and then this. The total cost just for clearing the foliage away on that spot is 1,725,000 coins. Add to that the expansion cost (1,000,000 for me) and that's no picknick. :(
The only good news is that the foliage clearing times on this spot all are 20 minutes as opposed to the 33 hours (!) of the upper blue shelf.

In itself I don't mind it so much if something costs a decent amount of coins, but as I've been doing back-to-back Charm Cherries plantings through the days, and Nexus Nuts overnight, my funds are now depleted and I couldn't directly buy a Treasure Trove to let it start building overnight. My hourly earning rate is just over 100K and the top earner, the Quartz Quetzalcoatl has been in the den all of the past week and is in the flower now. I'm going to have to take a small break from harvesting now, so tomorrow morning I should have enough cash to start the construction of a Treasure Trove.

Can anyone who has already reached the Solar Bear tell me if the other plots in those regions have about equally bad costs?

As I reported earlier, to get to the upper shelf with the Solar Bear, you need to clear the upper middle plot of the middle shelf. I just expanded to that spot and it has two obstacles each of with take 20 minutes to clear; a Basalt Boulder $500,000 and an Obsidian Deposit $400,000. That is as far as I have gotten so far, I'll try to remember to report on the plots as I encounter them but it will be a while before my next expansion.

ogreve
09-27-15, 03:30 PM
As I reported earlier, to get to the upper shelf with the Solar Bear, you need to clear the upper middle plot of the middle shelf. I just expanded to that spot and it has two obstacles each of with take 20 minutes to clear; a Basalt Boulder $500,000 and an Obsidian Deposit $400,000. That is as far as I have gotten so far, I'll try to remember to report on the plots as I encounter them but it will be a while before my next expansion.

Thanks!
I see which expansion you mean with the upper middle plot; bummer, I had hoped to be able to directly go up. I'm also far away from making my next expansion, so it'll take a while. At least it seems that plot is less expensive than the one I mentioned then...

31aug2002
09-30-15, 06:41 PM
Yay!!!
Didn't know where to post this so doing it here
I just expanded to the Treent!!! Am so excited. Had been collecting coins for almost a month to get there .. Then something or the other would come up. Finally did it this morning. But now my coin reserve is absolute low. So no charm cherries for some time. The world event that way will ensure that I am planting prunes or 8 hr mana mangos:) so hope to build up my reserve.

Yay!!! I am too thrilled.

HappyHeartBakery
09-30-15, 07:14 PM
Yay!!!
I just expanded to the Treent!!! Am so excited. Had been collecting coins for almost a month to get there .. Then something or the other would come up. Finally did it this morning. But now my coin reserve is absolute low. So no charm cherries for some time. The world event that way will ensure that I am planting prunes or 8 hr mana mangos:) so hope to build up my reserve.

CONGRATS!! I've been trying to get to Treent too. But as you said - events keep popping up.
If you don't mind my asking - what did you try to plant (mostly) to get there? 20 hr prunes or nuts & cherries?

I'm happy for you. I can't wait to finally get there. Although I'm thinking I may need to expand elsewhere again for the harvest habitat before I can continue saving for Treent.

HappyHeartBakery
09-30-15, 07:20 PM
Also, someone had pointed me in the direction of Zenobia? Original 'expansion obstacles' thread a while back. That was so helpful.
It would be GREAT if someone could find the OP from that thread & add update cost of obstacles on each new plot. I definitely tried to use that to guide me with cost-effective expansions

RowanaFarrin
09-30-15, 08:38 PM
Also, someone had pointed me in the direction of Zenobia? Original 'expansion obstacles' thread a while back. That was so helpful.
It would be GREAT if someone could find the OP from that thread & add update cost of obstacles on each new plot. I definitely tried to use that to guide me with cost-effective expansions

I think this is the one you mean:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71537-Expansion-Obstacles&highlight=expansion+obstacles

It's a pretty helpful guide! Though it doesn't include all the new areas.

31aug2002
09-30-15, 09:15 PM
CONGRATS!! I've been trying to get to Treent too. But as you said - events keep popping up.
If you don't mind my asking - what did you try to plant (mostly) to get there? 20 hr prunes or nuts & cherries?

I'm happy for you. I can't wait to finally get there. Although I'm thinking I may need to expand elsewhere again for the harvest habitat before I can continue saving for Treent.

Thank you so much
I had been trying for very long. And every time I would collect coins some thing would come up. The Swan princess really depleted my coin reserve as I was planting charm cherries to get to the feeding targets.
Again the super hero adventure also did the same
But after that I would grow charm cherries on 2 of my farms and rest would be the 1hr mana bananas
Though that was a little slow in building my food reserves, as I need a lot to raise the Prize Pony and the Quetzalcoatl
But this way I was able to save coins
Also overnight I would grow the 8 hr mystic mangos.
And the best part is that after working for days collecting coins... It takes all of 10seconds for the habitat to be ready :)
That was a pleasant surprise
Another thing I did was to raise my LVL 1 animals to at least lvl 3 , even the duplicate ones I want to sell later
This helps in a small way as you earning / hr goes up . And takes negligible amount of food.
Also put my high earners in habitats that have higher maximum capacity of coins
Like I shifted my lady pug from the fire habitat to dark one. So that overnight it could give me more coins
And yes the swan habitat and my lone gem habitat have gone a long way to help me achieve this target.

Wish you all the best. You will get there soon. !!!

Sandybellee
10-01-15, 02:59 AM
Yay!!!

Big congrats!! It's such a relief to finally get there! :)

31aug2002
10-01-15, 03:16 AM
Big congrats!! It's such a relief to finally get there! :)

Thank you!!
It was one of the to dos in my list
Now next is solar bear. But I know that will take a long loooong time and lots of runes... So a breeding we shall go !!

31aug2002
10-06-15, 10:56 PM
Ever since the new expansions came into force I had been experiencing issues of game crashing, freezing etc. I then installed the latest update to my I pad 2 . The issue a still remained. So yesterday I updated all the apps that had an update . Now at least my game is crashing less.
Well coming to the point.
As a result of the above problem I was not being able to visit my neighbours, ( I have around 200) . I try visiting every 2 days now , but for past few days I was able to visit only few and then my game would either cras or freeze. But since yesterday I have been able to visit many of my neighbours.
Sooo
When I visited one of my neighbours yesterday I noticed that she/he had expanded to the solar bear habitat. Congratulations on your getting there.
I would like to know if the cost of the solar bear plot is like that of the Hareon or Treent and does the solar bear have any special elements. I could not see the solar bear so probably it was in the evolution flower.

calvinxx
10-07-15, 06:43 AM
The cost is the same as a regular expansion and it has no special elements it is just Earth/Fire

31aug2002
10-07-15, 10:24 AM
The cost is the same as a regular expansion and it has no special elements it is just Earth/Fire
Thanks a ton!!

ninasidstorm8
10-10-15, 07:32 AM
I just expanded to the lower right corner of the shelf containing the Solar Bear. It contained the following obstacles:

3 Obsidian Deposits' - $400,000 each to clear, 20 minutes
1 Basalt Boulder - $500,000 to clear, 20 minutes
1 Smoking Shrub - $25,000 to clear, 20 minutes

Two more expansions and I'll have it.

ninasidstorm8
10-21-15, 07:51 AM
I just expanded to the space directly in front of the Solar Bear on the Upper Shelf with the Solar Bear on it. It contained the following obstacles to clear:

4 Inferno Fir - $25,000 each to clear, 20 minutes
1 Asian Alpine - $25,000 to clear, 20 minutes

Fairly cheap to clear this space as compared to the others on the path to the Solar Bear.

The Solar Bear is the next expansion for me and it looks to be a normal one. It wants 72 Runes from me for the first time, but I assume that is because I reached the point where the number of Runes to expand will be increasing again. I have 14 spaces left to expand to and any one of them wants 72 Runes as well.

ogreve
10-21-15, 12:44 PM
A few days ago I expanded to the plot to the right of the Solar Bear, it had one Obsidian Deposit (400,000 coins) and a Basalt Boulder (500,000 coins) to clear (total cost: 900,000 coins - 20 minutes time). Today after having done my "speeding spree" I expanded to the Solar Bear! Somewhere tomorrow morning it should be completed. :)

HappyHeartBakery
10-21-15, 02:07 PM
I think this is the one you mean:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71537-Expansion-Obstacles&highlight=expansion+obstacles

It's a pretty helpful guide! Though it doesn't include all the new areas.

Yes that is exactly the post I meant.
Again, what would be great is if someone with the knowledge on how to do it would update the OP on that original post. It is so helpful to visually look at the plots & their costs to remove obstacles when deciding where to expand next. Especially with the new Solar Bear plots added in now

ogreve
10-21-15, 03:32 PM
It's not difficult to use a program like Photoshop or something like that to add the amounts, but the 'tricky' part is to get the nice backdrop that Zenobia used, but then for the entire forest, such that we also see the other plots that are not in that image. I think she may have been able to read that out directly from the iOS device's storage. Previously you could use several tools to 'browse' the program directories of the app. On more recent versions of iOS this is no longer possible, or at least not with the tools I'm aware of.
Without such an 'empty forest' backdrop as canvas, it can be done too but wouldn't be so nice. I've kept track of the expansion costs for several of the new expansions but the information is scattered. Maybe someone has consolidated all of that in one place...

Then: I just noticed something odd: I'm currently expanding to the Solar Bear plot and that will complete in some 13 hours but already the bear is visible in my album and already the plot gives coins! :P

Finally: a thing I'm curious about is if anyone has already done some breeding with this bear and if they've perhaps had special breeding outcomes, or if they've only had the normal outcomes that any earth-fire animal in its place would normally give...

Sandybellee
10-22-15, 12:31 AM
My Solar Bear expansion is done! He is a cute little critter! :)

Oh yes, and very pleased he comes with an earth habitat instead of fire. One curious thing I noticed is that I got coins from him twice before the expansion was even finished!

SummerNightSky
10-22-15, 01:56 AM
My Solar Bear expansion is done! He is a cute little critter! :)

Oh yes, and very pleased he comes with an earth habitat instead of fire. One curious thing I noticed is that I got coins from him twice before the expansion was even finished!
Congrats! Congrats to everyone who has expanded that far.

That's nice that you get an Earth Plateau. If only the Hareon came with an Electric Enclave instead of a Fire Field haha. Takes no time at all for a SR Electric Animal to hit that 250 coin limit ;)

ogreve
10-22-15, 04:22 AM
Mine finally just finished the expansion!
I directly moved the Werewolf (that finished hatching half an hour before that) in with it, fed both animals to the point where they can evolve and initiated an upgrade of the habitat. In some 2.5 hours my evolution flower is cleared again and then I shall probably evolve the Solar Bear.
Even though at this moment in time there _may_ not be anything special about the Solar Bear, I still very strongly suspect that in due time we'll be needing it for breeding something special, like perhaps a new permanent Treasure animal. Should such happen, I want my Solar Bear to be ready...:P

Hawksmoor
10-22-15, 07:49 AM
I hadn't used my Solar Bear in any breeding attempts yet so I decided to put it in the den with my Unicorn to see what wondrous creature they produced. I got...12 hrs! That dreaded of dread most common Armordillo! Was hoping some magic would happen and I'd get Obsidian Cyclops. No such luck this time. Lol, well. It was worth a shot :D

Scribbles138
10-31-15, 08:43 PM
I've just finished expanding the final spot in the area right below where the storybook image is. I thought that after this I'd be able to expand to the spot directly in front of the Solar Bear, but it seems I can't. I now have the option to expand to an upper ice shelf or to the left of the purplish area I just cleared. Do I have to expand to those plots before I'll be able to expand to the Solar Bear? If so, that's another 8 expansions on that purple shelf.

xenu8
10-31-15, 09:02 PM
Here I am almost at the solar bear, you only need the two spots down towards the left to get there

Scribbles138
11-01-15, 12:09 AM
Here I am almost at the solar bear, you only need the two spots down towards the left to get there

Thanks, xenu8!

kooky panda
11-01-15, 11:25 AM
Yeah I finally got this expansion! Little bear is evolving now!

jsburas123
11-04-15, 03:37 PM
Where do I need to expand to start working towards the bear?25624

ogreve
11-04-15, 04:11 PM
Where do I need to expand to start working towards the bear?25624

Take the one that's adjacent to your Land of the Dead habitat first, from there, on your next expansion you can make the "hop" to the spot right above that and from there you probably already know the order from this thread: first the one to the left of that, then a hop to the upper purple island, then the one in front of the Solar Bear or the one to the right of the Solar Bear and then to the bear itself. So, in a total of 6 expansions you should have your bear! :)

jsburas123
11-04-15, 04:23 PM
Take the one that's adjacent to your Land of the Dead habitat first, from there, on your next expansion you can make the "hop" to the spot right above that and from there you probably already know the order from this thread: first the one to the left of that, then a hop to the upper purple island, then the one in front of the Solar Bear or the one to the right of the Solar Bear and then to the bear itself. So, in a total of 6 expansions you should have your bear! :)

Thanks so much!!!

sweethutch
11-18-15, 02:33 PM
I finally expanded to the solar bear today! Geesh, that felt like it took forever! Lol! I just fed the little guy and am waiting for my evolution flower to finish so I can put him in! Now I can go back to finishing my lower shelf expansions. Yay!

ogreve
11-25-15, 02:22 AM
Lately I noticed something weird, yet VERY pleasant: I used to be at the point where each expansion took 19 hours to complete, but... at least the last two expansions I made only took 12 hours to complete!

Now, IIRC the LAST expansion that I'm CERTAIN that cost me 19 hours was the one to the Solar bear plot. I'm also 100% certain that my last two expansions (being the leftmost one of the same plateau and the one right below it on the plateau that's underneath it) took only 12 hours to complete!
Could it perhaps be that that is the "little bit of magic" that the Solar Bear adds to the forest: reduced expansion times? If so, that's VERY welcome! :P

Can anyone else who has already expanded to the Solar Bear confirm/waylay whether their expansion times ever since have dropped to 12 hours too?

Hawksmoor
11-25-15, 05:45 AM
Lately I noticed something weird, yet VERY pleasant: I used to be at the point where each expansion took 19 hours to complete, but... at least the last two expansions I made only took 12 hours to complete!

Now, IIRC the LAST expansion that I'm CERTAIN that cost me 19 hours was the one to the Solar bear plot. I'm also 100% certain that my last two expansions (being the leftmost one of the same plateau and the one right below it on the plateau that's underneath it) took only 12 hours to complete!
Could it perhaps be that that is the "little bit of magic" that the Solar Bear adds to the forest: reduced expansion times? If so, that's VERY welcome! :P

Can anyone else who has already expanded to the Solar Bear confirm/waylay whether their expansion times ever since have dropped to 12 hours too?

I've cleared all the expansion plots on the Solar Bear shelf and can confirm that each one took 12 hrs. However, something less encouraging is that the last few expansions I've made have cost 80 runes, not 70. I can't unfortunately confirm exactly when that switch happened but I currently have only one more plot to clear (in the area left of the Solar Bear area) before I am done with all current expansions.

ogreve
11-29-15, 02:30 PM
Well earlier today I started an expansion on the dreaded upper blue (icy) plots, and... it again takes 12 hours to complete!
This time it will end when it's nighttime for me, but this is still very welcome news as it's much better than the 19 hours timer was. Let's hope the "foliage clearance" timers have also been reduced, as these plots have those nasty 33 hour (!) Fale Shails (SP?) on them. :O
I think either TL reduced the expansion timers, or (more likely) that this is the "special" that the Solar Bear adds to the forest: reduced expansion timers!

31aug2002
11-29-15, 11:17 PM
I just expanded to the solar bear plot yesterday!!
And now am collecting runes for the next one. I do desperately need the space . I now feel the frustrations of a limited space and the huge rune requirement for expansion.
In the past few weeks there have been so many new additions to my forest in the way of storybook adventure , the trio, and the world event . Also managed to get Crystal Unicorn . And a cold turkey and harvest hedgehog. To accommodate many of the animals I had to sell my duplicates . I even sold my armordillo and Plantler( they are easy to breed , right:p)
So if expansion time has been reduced , that is certainly good news. Now it's just a question of getting those runes..aaahhh .

Sandybellee
12-05-15, 03:10 AM
Well earlier today I started an expansion on the dreaded upper blue (icy) plots, and... it again takes 12 hours to complete!
This time it will end when it's nighttime for me, but this is still very welcome news as it's much better than the 19 hours timer was. Let's hope the "foliage clearance" timers have also been reduced, as these plots have those nasty 33 hour (!) Fale Shails (SP?) on them. :O
I think either TL reduced the expansion timers, or (more likely) that this is the "special" that the Solar Bear adds to the forest: reduced expansion timers!

I started expanding to the last plot I have on the lower green shelf today and it's 19 hours. I have the Solar Bear so that can't be it at least.

chiareh
12-05-15, 02:33 PM
I think it's all the purple plots? Because I just expanded there (haven't gotten the Solar Bear yet) and it's 12 hours. ^_^

ogreve
12-05-15, 03:13 PM
Nope, it wasn't so an all of the purple plots for me. I know for a fact that at least all of my 70-rune expansions (and as far as I remember a good deal before those too) right up until (inclusive) the Solar Bear one took 19 hours. Yet, at least the last 3 expansions on the purple plots and the last two on the blue plots that I made (one of which ends in half an hour) have taken 12 hours.
I'm not 100% sure anymore what the time was of the expansion I made directly after the Solar Bear one (I may have it somewhere in a screenshot still). I did think it could it perhaps be related to the level of the Solar Bear. I've had mine at level 10 for quite some time now. But... today's reply by chiareh is at odds with that. I've no idea why the duration is down to 12 hours for me then, but I'm not complaining. :P
What else could it be... There must be something that triggered it around that time. Perhaps a complete Skull trio? That's one of the few things that were going on around that time that I recall...

Silverrain1
12-05-15, 04:28 PM
Nope, it wasn't so an all of the purple plots for me. I know for a fact that at least all of my 70-rune expansions (and as far as I remember a good deal before those too) right up until (inclusive) the Solar Bear one took 19 hours. Yet, at least the last 3 expansions on the purple plots and the last two on the blue plots that I made (one of which ends in half an hour) have taken 12 hours.
I'm not 100% sure anymore what the time was of the expansion I made directly after the Solar Bear one (I may have it somewhere in a screenshot still). I did think it could it perhaps be related to the level of the Solar Bear. I've had mine at level 10 for quite some time now. But... today's reply by chiareh is at odds with that. I've no idea why the duration is down to 12 hours for me then, but I'm not complaining. :P
What else could it be... There must be something that triggered it around that time. Perhaps a complete Skull trio? That's one of the few things that were going on around that time that I recall...

I have the solar bear and can honestly say I didn't really pay much attention to how long expansions took up until I saw this post, after seeing it I tried to pay a bit more attention! The expansion I'm doing now is a 12 hour one and is in the area where I got the solar bear

ooyuui
12-06-15, 03:01 PM
Hi, game keeps crashing and I keep losing runes, I have mine. Been stud with this problem for months. Just went into mine Otay and made the extra rune and get, you can expand, pushed expand and game crashed. Restarted and guess what lost another rune, as hadn't saved and now same problem, been stuck on 6someghing despite twenty or so bombs for last couple of weeks. Annoyed,

ooyuui
12-06-15, 03:02 PM
I wonder if this will happen again when I get my next rune. Just to make the seventy I need seems like a never ending effort.

Silverrain1
12-06-15, 03:51 PM
I wonder if this will happen again when I get my next rune. Just to make the seventy I need seems like a never ending effort.

That used to happen to me all the time, people said to visit neighbours after mining as that made the game sync up and so would save what you had just done. However, my game crashed before I could even get the menu up to visit anyone! What worked for me was, as soon as you exit the mine, come completely out of the game! Just for a few seconds, then go back into the game. I never lost a ruin when I done that

ooyuui
12-10-15, 08:35 PM
Thanks for that advice. I will have to tr it. After complaint I seem to have got some runes that I lost back, and guess what I was able to expand for the first time again in months as got to keep those runes. Game still crashing frequently however and can't seem to logon enough to finish tournaments or to get the rocking horse due t time constraints and cashing, so looks like I will have to give up after coming so far if it doesn't fix itself soon

Sandybellee
01-07-16, 02:56 AM
I'm happy to report that now I too have 12-hour expansions (on purple plots at least). :)

ogreve
01-07-16, 03:12 AM
I'm happy to report that now I too have 12-hour expansions (on purple plots at least). :)

Cool!

Can you check the following things:
1) Your total XP amount.
2) How many expansions you have made (or still need to make) when it triggered.
3) Which expansion was the first one that resulted in you getting a 12 hour timer.

I just thought of an alternative trigger: perhaps the trigger is not the Solar Bear plot itself, but a different plot on the purple plateau, close to that of the Solar Bear, or perhaps it's triggered by having expanded to all of the plots on the Solar Bear plateau....

I think if we all provide enough input, we should be able to determine what triggers it...

Sandybellee
01-07-16, 03:31 AM
Cool!

Can you check the following things:
1) Your total XP amount.
2) How many expansions you have made (or still need to make) when it triggered.
3) Which expansion was the first one that resulted in you getting a 12 hour timer.

I just thought of an alternative trigger: perhaps the trigger is not the Solar Bear plot itself, but a different plot on the purple plateau, close to that of the Solar Bear, or perhaps it's triggered by having expanded to all of the plots on the Solar Bear plateau....

I think if we all provide enough input, we should be able to determine what triggers it...

I still have 22 plots to expand to after this one. I have only half of the Solar Bear shelf expanded and this expansion is on the lowest purple shelf.

I think it may well be the number of expansions you have made that makes the difference.

Edit: I checked my xp but forgot the number already (lol)! It wasn't close to any even number, something over 2.3 million.

ogreve
01-07-16, 04:08 AM
I still have 22 plots to expand to after this one. I have only half of the Solar Bear shelf expanded and this expansion is on the lowest purple shelf.

I think it may well be the number of expansions you have made that makes the difference.

Edit: I checked my xp but forgot the number already (lol)! It wasn't close to any even number, something over 2.3 million.

I agree, that sounds like the most likely trigger. My XP level was way over 3 million when I hit the 12 hour expansion stage. And... the plot that you're expanding to is one that I have yet to expand to. IF an expansion on the Solar Bear shelf triggers it, it must have been one that's not that of the Solar Bear self (as I know for a fact that that one still cost me 19 hours). I went up there coming from the right. If you came in from the left, then the only candidate plot for triggering it could be the purple one to the left-front of the Solar bear plot. On my secondary account I'm now heading in that direction, but it'll still take quite a while before I reach it and can test it.

But... I just calculated how many expansions I can still make and then added to that the amount of expansions that I know I made after having seen my timer drop to 12 hours and I too come very close to the amount of 22 expansions. For now I guess that the trigger is then to have made a specific amount of expansions.

Now, to count it out.
There are:
-Purple plots: 30.
-Green plots: 33 (if I counted correctly). Of these, 23 need to be expanded too.
-Blue plots: 21.
Total plots that can be expanded to at present: 74. If we subtract 22 we arrive at 52. Could it be that it drops at 50 expansions? That sounds like a likely number.

Sandybellee
01-07-16, 04:28 AM
I agree, that sounds like the most likely trigger. My XP level was way over 3 million when I hit the 12 hour expansion stage. And... the plot that you're expanding to is one that I have yet to expand too. IF an expansion on the Solar Bear shelf triggers it, it must have been one that's not that of the Solar Bear self (as I know for a fact that that one still cost me 19 hours). I went up there coming from the right. If you came in from the left, then the only candidate plot for triggering it could be the purple one to the left-front of the Solar bear plot. On my secondary account I'm now heading in that direction, but it'll still take quite a while before I reach it and can test it.

But... I just calculated how many expansions I can still make and then added to that the amount of expansions that I know I made after having seen my timer drop to 12 hours and I too come very close to the amount of 22 expansions. For now I guess that the trigger is then to have made a specific amount of expansions.

Now, to count it out.
There are:
-Purple plots: 30.
-Green plots: 33 (if I counted correctly). Of these, 23 need to be expanded too.
-Blue plots: 21.
Total plots that can be expanded to at present: 74. If we subtract 22 we arrive at 52. Could it be that it drops at 50 expansions? That sounds like a likely number.

50 expansions may very well be the number - sounds much better than 51. I'm not sure if my previous expansion was already 12 hours because I had to start it in a hurry before turning off my phone for a long time. If it was, then 50 would definitely be the number. Hopefully someone else can also confirm it.

HappyHeartBakery
01-07-16, 08:05 AM
Ok - so I just expanded to the purple plot right below the solar bear expansion(I already expanded to both plots to the right of the solar bear as well as the solar bear himself). I currently have 51 habitats (not including the one I just expanded to). My timer for this expansion is still at 19 hours... So unless it's 50 habitats + some of the other variables, doesn't look like that's it

Sandybellee
01-07-16, 08:20 AM
Ok - so I just expanded to the purple plot right below the solar bear expansion(I already expanded to both plots to the right of the solar bear as well as the solar bear himself). I currently have 51 habitats (not including the one I just expanded to). My timer for this expansion is still at 19 hours... So unless it's 50 habitats + some of the other variables, doesn't look like that's it

According to the information Olafo posted above, we have 10 plots to begin with that don't require an expansion, so the calculations can't be counted based on the number of habitats but on the number of actual expansions.

ogreve
01-07-16, 08:21 AM

Thanks for your input, so that means that it then also isn't triggered by that particular plot, unless the timer goes down to 12 hours AFTER having cleared that spot.
But... the amount of habitats is not a reliable way to count the total amount of expansions you've made, as the first 10 plots on the greens where habitats can be put don't require expansions and not all habitats have the footprint size of exactly one expansion (only the 'big' and 'grand' habitats do). As the total amount of plots that can be expanded to is 74 (unless I counted incorrectly), it's easiest to count backwards. If you can still expand to 24 plots or more, then you shouldn't yet have reached the 50th expansion. Can you please check this?

HappyHeartBakery
01-07-16, 09:17 AM
Thanks for your input, so that means that it then also isn't triggered by that particular plot, unless the timer goes down to 12 hours AFTER having cleared that spot.
But... the amount of habitats is not a reliable way to count the total amount of expansions you've made, as the first 10 plots on the greens where habitats can be put don't require expansions and not all habitats have the footprint size of exactly one expansion (only the 'big' and 'grand' habitats do). As the total amount of plots that can be expanded to is 74 (unless I counted incorrectly), it's easiest to count backwards. If you can still expand to 24 plots or more, then you shouldn't yet have reached the 50th expansion. Can you please check this?

Won't be able to check for sure til tomorrow when current expansion complete (it won't let me look at other expansions til this one is done).
But I can tell you the following if it helps you guys figure it out sooner (too much math for my little brain;)).

Here's what I have (my ID for this acct is Goughzersbakery if you want to check out - I forget if we're neighbors already, app is often too slow/glitchy for visiting). Anyway, this is what I have as far as plots (and I have grand habitats on all shelves except the main green shelf):

- main green shelf = completely expanded
- lower green shelf = 10 grand habitats with 4 expansion spots left to clear
- 1st blue shelf = 9 grand with I think only 1 expansion spot that shows up, even tho there are what looks like apx 3 more spots (haven't cleared that upper right corner)
- expensive upper blue shelf = nothing (if I remember correctly it doesn't even show up as expandable yet).
- 1st upper purple = completely expanded (6 grand habitats)
- 1st lower purple shelf = 2 grand habitats with (if I remember correctly) 2 spots showing as expandable
- left Lower purple shelf = 2 grand habitats there (I think there's 1-2 spots that show as expandable)
- left upper purple solar bear shelf = 3 grand habitats, 1 spot currently expanding, and if memory serves, 2 spots left showing expandable.

Does that make any sense or help any? We may be neighbors & you can check it out or I can check back in tomorrow when I can count the amount of expansions left for certain on my crowded island;)

ogreve
01-07-16, 10:07 AM
OK I'm looking at your forest now and see the following plots you can still expand to:
-Blue: 12.
-Green: 4.
-Purple: 16. (not including the one you're currently expanding to).

So... that totals out to 32, which is then still well above the 24 remaining expansions that should mark the point where 50 expansions have been reached. :P
So far then it's still possible that indeed the threshold lies at 50 completed expansions....

I hope others can provide data too, so we can perhaps pinpoint if that's the trigger or not...

HappyHeartBakery
01-07-16, 11:32 AM
OK I'm looking at your forest now and see the following plots you can still expand to:
-Blue: 12.
-Green: 4.
-Purple: 16. (not including the one you're currently expanding to).

So... that totals out to 32, which is then still well above the 24 remaining expansions that should mark the point where 50 expansions have been reached. :P
So far then it's still possible that indeed the threshold lies at 50 completed expansions....

I hope others can provide data too, so we can perhaps pinpoint if that's the trigger or not...

Glad I could help;). Hopefully others more knowledgable than myself can shed more light;)

saucysammis
01-07-16, 04:48 PM
Hello, sorry to have come late to this party.... Here is my story -after the fact and to the best of my knowledge....and I believe it supports the 50 expansion theory.

Firstly, I've had 12 hour expansions since long before I ever got near the solar bear shelf, and I won't have solar bear until my next expansion.

My history:
I was playing before the Treent was introduced. (Thus, before the lower green shelf was opened, and before the purple shelves were opened)

I had expanded up to 1 or 3...4? of the upper ice shelf when The lower green shelf was opened. At that time I postponed work in the ice until after I had expanded through the Treent. By then the purple shelves and Hareon were open so I continued there. Once solar bear came along I expanded to the first lower purple shelf. Then game play indicated that the solar bear wasn't going to be required for any particular thing. I went back to finish the ice shelf areas. It was during that time in the ice -and with only 7 purple expansions- that my expansions changed to 12 hour timers....

I believe adding together all expansions of all the green and the ice and the upper purple shelf of the Hareon equals to 50.

So....
If My 12 hour expansions began on the ice shelf and I had expanded only the first 6 of the first purple shelf and 1st of the next possible purple expansion that experience would support a 50 expansion milestone.

Sandybellee
01-08-16, 03:20 AM
Thank you for chipping in, saucysammis! It is looking strongly like 50 expansions is the deciding factor.

ogreve
01-08-16, 04:00 AM
Thank you for chipping in, saucysammis! It is looking strongly like 50 expansions is the deciding factor.

Echo that: thanks!
It's cool that we now have established a VERY good candidate trigger!
The only thing we need now is for a few more players to provide us data, so we can be sure about this.
I'd gladly use my secondary account for this, but I just counted it and I can still make 40 expansions there, so I won't reach the 50th expansion for 16 expansions to come yet! :O
Surely there must be some players who have very recently crossed the "12 hour border", or who are very close to crossing it, or who have kept track of matters...
It seems to me that the person who by far does the most statistics and logging of activities is ninasidstorm8. If you're reading this: do you perhaps have usable data to add for this?

saucysammis
01-08-16, 10:02 AM
Ok, I have a secondary account in which I expanded to the solar bear ASAP long ago. The expansion pattern on that forest includes many purples but not all, many greens, but not all, and just part of the lower ice shelf. I still have 19 hr expansions in that forest. For the sake of this experiment I just chose to expand in the ice and tapped in what I believe to be expansion #37. Still 19 hrs.

If you want to take a look the ID is: dabaycafe

ogreve
01-11-16, 03:12 PM
Oh joy...
I've just reached the phase where my next expansion will cost 72 Runes. :(
I counted how many more expansions I can make still and that's 14, so that means that after 60 expansions you reach that stage...

On a more positive note, I've finally completed the blue plots and in a few hours two 6.1 million Big Gem Coves will be done, finishing my master plan for the blue plots for now.
For now... as I still have to breed the gem animals to put in those expensive habitats, and should I manage to breed all of the gem-hybrids, I'll probably move some of the winter habitats to the lower blue shelf.
At present I'm working on the last few green spots. 3 more to go and then I'll only have purple spots left.
In a way it's a good thing that I hardly deploy new animals now. It has taken a lot of pressure on the demand for habitats. I do now have a "secondary forest" in my storage alone already though. :S

ogreve
01-25-16, 01:23 PM
Oh no!
I'm two expansions further than the moment I went to 72 runes and already it jumped to 74 runes now. :S
I still have 12 expansions to go before the currently available ones are through. I sure hope the rune-cost doesn't continue limitlessly to rise like this...

ninasidstorm8
01-25-16, 01:34 PM
Oh no!
I'm two expansions further than the moment I went to 72 runes and already it jumped to 74 runes now. :S
I still have 12 expansions to go before the currently available ones are through. I sure hope the rune-cost doesn't continue limitlessly to rise like this...

I believe that the current cap is 80. I have 4 expansions left and I need 78 Runes for the next one.

Clark_Wayne
01-25-16, 05:46 PM
my last expansion (until they release some more spots :D) asks for 80 runes.

ogreve
01-26-16, 02:09 AM
Thanks, so at least it goes up to 80 runes, and after that who knows.... :(
NOT nice... It takes long enough as it is to expand. The last thing we need is for it to become more and more expensive.

Speaking of (hopefully soon!) upcoming expansions, if the game designers and/or other TL staff are reading along, I'd love to put in a request to extend the land further from the bottom, with a bunch of green plots leading up to a beach with yellow plots, so we can place habitats like the Egypt one nicely there. Some other things that would be great would be more of the icy plots, which is where I have all my gem, winter, water and electric habitats, and where more space would be VERY welcome and/or greyish "rocky" plots, for the earth habitats. Extending the land towards the right would give options for that, if the blue and brown mountains are changed into expandable plots. For now there appear to be plenty of purple plots, so I'd prefer to see new expansions on the right over more purple expansions...

ninasidstorm8
02-17-16, 09:21 AM
Within the hour my latest expansion will be completed, leaving me with two expansion plots. My next expansion will be 80 Runes, the one just completed was 79 Runes. Thanks to some better than average mining results and few long gaps in breeding times, it only took me 12 days to collect the Runes necessary for my latest expansion. So I anticipate running out of plots to expand to as well as hitting the habitat limit within the next month. I currently have 51 animals in storage so I still have quite a few duplicates. I am hoping that the hints one of the S8 developers dropped along with the Aquarius release means that another set of expansions are coming soon.

Sawabugh
03-26-16, 01:49 AM

I'm very late to this but in case someone shows up even later...my 12 hour expansion times started at 50.

I'm at 53 right now but not quite to solar bear yet, I haven't been in a big hurry to get there and my runes are "ultra rare";)

There is a chart available on another site that shows times and shows at 50 the times drop from 19 to 12 but I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link, howevr, it matches my experience.

GinettaZ
06-15-16, 01:24 PM
Ok, so do you have to be at a certain level to reach it?

KadeeDid
07-08-16, 07:38 PM
I have possibly one more expansion to the solar bear. I have read all the posts but the descriptions do not make sense in regards to my game. I expanded all the plots below the shelf where the solar bear is. My only option after that was to expand the lower left plot. Now, I have 2 choices. The upper left (to the left of the solar bear) or the lower right (below the solar bear). Which one of those do I need to expand? I will then have one (or 2?) expansions.

Thank you.

KadeeDid
07-09-16, 03:16 PM
I have possibly one more expansion to the solar bear. I have read all the posts but the descriptions do not make sense in regards to my game. I expanded all the plots below the shelf where the solar bear is. My only option after that was to expand the lower left plot. Now, I have 2 choices. The upper left (to the left of the solar bear) or the lower right (below the solar bear). Which one of those do I need to expand? I will then have one (or 2?) expansions.

Thank you.

I have been selling critters and need to expand ASAP. I hope I choose the right spot. Just the 2 choices. (square below solar bear and square to the left of solar bear)

KadeeDid
07-18-16, 09:09 PM
I have been selling critters and need to expand ASAP. I hope I choose the right spot. Just the 2 choices. (square below solar bear and square to the left of solar bear)

For anyone looking for info:

I did not receive any replies to my July 9 query but visited a neighbour who had opened up the Solar Bear expansion and only had the bottom 2 expansions completed (not the upper left one) so that is what I decided to do (expand lower right below Solar Bear)

mutley00
01-05-17, 05:40 PM
Anyone know why orig post (on 1st page) says "Breeding and incubation 18 hours" ?
Surely it should say "nil" as IIRC you don't need to hatch this (same as with Treent)?

Elizabathean123
01-18-17, 05:49 AM
Question? Has anyone else stopped getting apples when we play the games we use to get them. They should give us extra gems some for the money we spend.

lunalorraine
01-14-19, 05:39 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here it goes. I'm level 113, but I can't expand to the the Solar Bear. It keeps telling me to reach level 20 and get lightning leopard...but I have it. What am I missing? I already have the treent of life and the hareon. I can still only hold 70 realm runes.

Rynetory2
01-14-19, 08:11 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here it goes. I'm level 113, but I can't expand to the the Solar Bear. It keeps telling me to reach level 20 and get lightning leopard...but I have it. What am I missing? I already have the treent of life and the hareon. I can still only hold 70 realm runes.

Make sure you click on the Expansion sign to go into expansion mode before selecting the Solar Bear plot to expand. Otherwise it will just give you the message which you mentioned in your post. Here's the thread on Solar Bear expansion if you need. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84815-EXPANSION-Solar-Bear

lunalorraine
01-14-19, 06:20 PM
I can’t actually select the plots around the solar bear at all, they don’t yellow up when I click an expansion sign. I don’t have a quest to get to it, I never got it. For some reason I have the quest to expand to the poppy pony.

lunalorraine
01-14-19, 06:25 PM
Here is a link I made for a screenshot of my forest, can’t seem to upload it here properly. I’m sorry.

https://i.ibb.co/NNZspwX/6-D487-F51-D000-4-B36-9-C57-0-C9-D78285-C76.png

Phoenix406
01-14-19, 07:23 PM
I can’t actually select the plots around the solar bear at all, they don’t yellow up when I click an expansion sign. I don’t have a quest to get to it, I never got it. For some reason I have the quest to expand to the poppy pony.

I don't remember if there was a quest for Solar Bear. I don't think there was. You have to start clearing at the far end of his island, the plots that you showed in your photo, so it's going to take you a while to get there.

lunalorraine
01-15-19, 05:26 AM
I don't remember if there was a quest for Solar Bear. I don't think there was. You have to start clearing at the far end of his island, the plots that you showed in your photo, so it's going to take you a while to get there.
Oh, that makes sense! Thank you very much!

Rynetory2
01-15-19, 06:20 AM
Oh, that makes sense! Thank you very much!

To add on, the Solar Bear is in the first purple island from the top left most of your game board. Happy expanding. :)

Phoenix406
01-15-19, 11:52 AM
To add on, the Solar Bear is in the first purple island from the top left most of your game board. Happy expanding. :)

Oh, yeah, that's where Solar Bear is. Was thinking of the Hareon.

alligibb417
05-01-19, 03:19 PM
Hi, I'm trying to decide on my next expansion. One possibility is to the solar bear (that's the one near the arena, right?).. can anyone tell me which habitat the solar bear comes with, as that might influence my decision? Thanksss

AppieP
05-01-19, 08:44 PM
Hi, I'm trying to decide on my next expansion. One possibility is to the solar bear (that's the one near the arena, right?).. can anyone tell me which habitat the solar bear comes with, as that might influence my decision? Thanksss

If I'm not mistaken you get a large fire habitat with this creature?!

Rynetory2
05-01-19, 09:32 PM

It comes with an Earth Plateau - listed under Chapter Expansion in Main Guide.