PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Harvest Moon

lady_saphira
09-18-15, 04:00 AM
New version? Just got a pop up to download a new version of dragon story. So. Many. New. Versions. WHY??

What version do you play and why?

DeeDe99
09-18-15, 04:13 AM
are you on Android? I used to be. Android have these "special edition" versions, iOS doesn't. To get all the features, I needed to install the standard Android version, not the special version I started with (Country Picnic).

I came to these forums and everyone was talking about Dragon Tales and level 15 dragons (you need the Nobel Crystal for that) and that's when the forum participants shared their knowledge. So I went to the standard version. Now I'm on an iPad.

lady_saphira
09-18-15, 05:23 AM
Oh no, I'm on Android. And just use regular version because all of these other versions just eat up the space on my phone. I just don't get the point of them coming out with all these different versions unless there's something to go with it like a world event. But we've just had a world event, a tales and several tournaments so I guess I just don't get it unless it's just to give android users a chance to earn extra gold. Which I won't complain about. :-) Because who doesn't like free gold?

DeeDe99
09-18-15, 05:31 AM
I just downloaded it for pecisely that reason! If all else fails, I can use the 30 to Ultimate Guardian!

The different special editions just confuse me. I don't understand why they do it, because it confuses the end users totally.

PepperWoo
09-18-15, 05:55 AM
I saw the Fortune Dragon in the market after installing this new version. I wonder if it's breedable since it doesn't have the 'Not acquired through breeding' text. Though when I switch to the regular Android app or iOS market, the availability of Fortune Dragon disappears.

http://i.imgur.com/p4itbGW.jpg

DeeDe99
09-18-15, 06:16 AM
and if you get it in that special edition, I think it disappears when you go to the standard version. The whole thing is just weird. Think of the additional maintenance costs for all these versions. Not sensible business practice in my opinion.

redstar177
09-18-15, 06:33 AM
I saw the Fortune Dragon in the market after installing this new version. I wonder if it's breedable since it doesn't have the 'Not acquired through breeding' text. Though when I switch to the regular Android app or iOS market, the availability of Fortune Dragon disappears.

Yes, I believe that it is breedable. Last week, I got a push notification for it saying it was breedable, but I thought it was a mistake since the Fortune Dragon doesn't appear in the Standard Version.

and if you get it in that special edition, I think it disappears when you go to the standard version. The whole thing is just weird. Think of the additional maintenance costs for all these versions. Not sensible business practice in my opinion.

I don't think this is true. If you breed the Fortune Dragon in the Harvest Moon version, it should transfer over to the Standard version

redstar177
09-18-15, 06:34 AM
Harvest Moon version is definately buggy though. Although it shows the Dragon Tales book/statue, it doesn't seem to be displaying the new expansions at all...

stashlova
09-18-15, 07:01 AM
Any dragon on sale under 200 is a must buy imo. Helps to keep away from 32hr Titan fails :p

Paleon
09-18-15, 10:42 AM
Is anyone else's referred to as "Harvest Festival" in the Play Store, even though the quest and the app's description calls it Harvest Moon? I couldn't find it the first time around because I searched Moon instead of Festival.

chic4stylin
09-18-15, 11:02 AM
I downloaded the new version and I don't have the Fortune dragon...I have the Ancient dragon! wth?!! Somebody from S8/TL needs to chime in and tell us why so many different versions and the differences between. Why some have the Fortune dragon and some don't...and why the 'new' version doesn't have the new land expansion!

zyfazix
09-18-15, 11:18 AM
The version I see in the play store is also called DS: Harvest Festival. To make it more confusing the cute fire dragon was replaced with two equally cute but more detailed red dragons

They've also brought back the Red Lantern, Lunar Horse and Ancient dragons for this. Can they be bred or is it market only? ('cause I really want that lunar horse dragon, it's a cutie)

JMThrive
09-18-15, 12:11 PM
I downloaded Harvest Festival, got my 30 gold, but now my dragons that are above Level 10 all say "MAX LEVEL" and I can't feed them any further. Way to go Storm8/Team Lava!!!!!

DeeDe99
09-18-15, 12:24 PM
I downloaded Harvest Festival, got my 30 gold, but now my dragons that are above Level 10 all say "MAX LEVEL" and I can't feed them any further. Way to go Storm8/Team Lava!!!!!

Yes in that version they will be. The Noble Crytal just becomes decoration. I'll come back with a link - see Kooky Panda's reply here http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84332-Switching-between-Android-and-iOS-devices and the Noble Crystal is only in the standard Android version.

In the standard version you should be OK still. I think.

sylvansnake25
09-18-15, 12:39 PM
Would it be possible to get a direct link to an apk when all these new editions come out? I'm working in China and we can't use Google here. It's enough trouble running to Hong Kong when I want to buy gold for this game.

Natasha_07
09-18-15, 12:39 PM
When a new edition comes out, just uninstall the previous one to stay updated with any new features or bug fixes.

No need to keep them, I only keep the most recent.

Oh no, I'm on Android. And just use regular version because all of these other versions just eat up the space on my phone. I just don't get the point of them coming out with all these different versions unless there's something to go with it like a world event. But we've just had a world event, a tales and several tournaments so I guess I just don't get it unless it's just to give android users a chance to earn extra gold. Which I won't complain about. :-) Because who doesn't like free gold?

JMThrive
09-18-15, 02:04 PM
Yes in that version they will be. The Noble Crytal just becomes decoration. I'll come back with a link - see Kooky Panda's reply here http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84332-Switching-between-Android-and-iOS-devices and the Noble Crystal is only in the standard Android version.

In the standard version you should be OK still. I think.

So why push out a new update that doesn't work???????

lady_saphira
09-18-15, 02:41 PM
When a new edition comes out, just uninstall the previous one to stay updated with any new features or bug fixes.

No need to keep them, I only keep the most recent.

I've just gotten to where I keep the updated original and the newest themed one. It's just a pain to install then uninstall so much. Glad to see there are some features to it though. Will just flip back and forth depending on what I want to do.

DeeDe99
09-18-15, 03:02 PM
So why push out a new update that doesn't work???????

It works. Just not the same way as the standard version. I have NO idea why they have these less functional, special edition, versions. Maybe it is for smaller Android devices with less "grunt"? No idea, but it is how those editions are supposed to work..

DeeDe99
09-18-15, 03:22 PM
I don't think this is true. If you breed the Fortune Dragon in the Harvest Moon version, it should transfer over to the Standard version

I was just going on the behaviour of the buildings between versions. In my Harvest Moon version, I have the Ancient, not the Fortune. I'm so glad I just play a single version these days!

lady_saphira
09-18-15, 04:39 PM
I've got ancient as well as some of the others mentioned but no fortune.

washman1963
09-18-15, 07:24 PM
Dont install new update. It goes back to version 1.9, and does not let you access new expansions. Well done, TL :(

redstar177
09-18-15, 09:59 PM
I no longer have Fortune Dragon in my market on either version (original or Harvest Moon). My suspicions are this is either a mistake, or it expired at today's update (which would be ridiculous since the HM version didn't even come out until a couple of days ago, and we only just got the download prompt...)

lady_saphira
09-18-15, 10:02 PM
Has anyone even seen the harvest moon dragon available anywhere besides the wheel? And yeah, fortune isn't even available on the wheel either...

ngobeke
09-18-15, 10:09 PM
why can't I download harvest story: festival moon in my country... whenever I try to it keeps telling me that it is unavailable in my country and im a Nigerian
plz make it available in my country cuz its really pissing me off

Dragosle
09-19-15, 04:11 AM
It works. Just not the same way as the standard version. I have NO idea why they have these less functional, special edition, versions. Maybe it is for smaller Android devices with less "grunt"? No idea, but it is how those editions are supposed to work..

When I checked to download this new Harvest Moon version, it is showed that the version is 1.9.... (a bunch of numbers behind), which is pretty much the same as previous seasonal version Country Picnic while the standard one is version 2.1.... So I wasn't surprise about this.

As for why they release these version, I remember that in some thread back then, it is said that this is a type of promotion S8 did for their games on Android (as same as how they offer iOS player to watch ad to get stuff).

The thing I don't understand is that why they make a seasonal version base off the old version since it was released after we have this up-to-date standard version already. Perhaps it was meant for Android devices with less power capacity like you said :p

zyfazix
09-22-15, 11:05 AM
Looks like the re-released dragons were removed with today's update. Couldn't see the Lunar Horse dragon in the market :(

Why do that though? Bring back three limited time old dragons when there's a new limited dragon (Empyreal)

stashlova
09-22-15, 11:55 AM
Looks like the re-released dragons were removed with today's update. Couldn't see the Lunar Horse dragon in the market :(

Why do that though? Bring back three limited time old dragons when there's a new limited dragon (Empyreal)

Downloaded to get the 30 gold and try to breed the Fortune dragon.

Check the market - no fortune dragon...

Uninstalled lol

zyfazix
09-22-15, 01:54 PM
Earlier today I logged in on a device with an older version of Dragon Story. Upon login it showed a pop-up message announcing a new Harvest Moon dragon tales, showing the dragons in the Harvest Moon edition loading screen and a different autumn-leaf inspired dragon. You'll probably need to start saving up food as you might need it soon

Gatow13
09-23-15, 04:09 PM
I install it then the shrine for the tales disappear, is that normal?

lady_saphira
09-23-15, 05:05 PM
I install it then the shrine for the tales disappear, is that normal?

Don't know if it's normal but the same thing happened to me...

Gatow13
09-23-15, 05:30 PM
:( then on the new one the place is smaller

Jrod333
11-07-15, 04:36 PM
This company is effed up sometimes. They re-released the other 3 circus dragons in the main version(which was nice) thanks, but hide the 4th one away in harvest moon useless version for 1 day. I would have bought it if I knew about it.