PDA

View Full Version : End of Summer Event

vjd007
09-15-15, 11:01 PM
Friends,

Got an alert on my Android device today that Farm Story 2 is having a end of summer event starting at 09/17 at 2:30pm Pacific Time.

Could not take a capture, but it was something related to Ice Cream. Has anyone else got that alert? Looks like it could be something similar to the Sweet Retreat event that was on iOS. I am glad there is another event for Android. ;)

Can fellow Android/iOS players confirm if they have anything similar?

Thanks.23858

edit (KP)
Goal 3
Dial "I" for Ice Cream

Make 16 Hot Fudges(Make in the Chocolatier)
Make 8 Brownies(Bakery)
Give 8 Brownie A La Mode(Make in the Ice Cream Truck)

Reward is 2 Vanilla Ice cream scoop decorations(like the ones in previous goal)

Goal 4
A La Whoa!

Make 4 Fried Brownies(in fryer)
Make 8 Hot Fudges(Make in the Chocolatier)
Give 4 A La Whoa(Make in the Ice Cream Truck)

Reward is 2 chocolate ice cream scoop decorations

GOAL 5

SHERBERT DAY

Make 12 gelato
Give 12 gelato
Pick up 3 aples
Price 4 chocolates boxes
Gelato is 4 milk and two white sugars on truck ice cream takes two hours.

Goal 6

Sweet & sticky

-- Make 10 Brownie qubes in the Bakery
(For one qube you need 1 Brownie and 1 caramel sauce)

-- Make 10 caramel sauce
(You have to make them anyway )

Prize is 20 gems

Goal 7 - An Apple A Day

Make 3 Apple Gelatos
Give 3 Apple Gelatos

An Apple Gelato takes 4 milk + 2 sugar + 1 apple.
The reward is 4 or 2 milk chocolate boxes , I can't recall exactly. Now I'm on the goal 8.

Goal 8 - Taste the Rainbow-lato
Make 8 Apple Gelatos
Make 8 Rainbow-latos
Give 8 Rainbow-latos
Reward: 8 milk chocolate boxes , 130 coins, 28xp

Rynetory2
09-16-15, 03:52 AM
I don't have this pop up and am on iOS. Not sure if this is for android players only. iOS fair event is going on so maybe not for iOS unless overlap.

If this event is the same as sweet retreat, feel free to use the event info in my posts #110 and #111 at http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83577-Sweet-Retreat-Event-(IOS-only)/page11
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83577-Sweet-Retreat-Event-(IOS-only)/page12

So exciting. Keep us posted. :) oh boy I can't wait! :D

dianeupside
09-16-15, 07:31 AM
I am on Android and i got the pop up bout end of summer ice cream event. Look forward to something exciting.

FunkyJM
09-16-15, 08:39 AM
Android here🙌... I got the pop-up too. Good luck😉

kooky panda
09-16-15, 10:07 AM
I will see if I can get some information on the event.

dianeupside
09-17-15, 02:54 PM
Is piper's ice cream truck for 125 gems gonna be all that's needed to earn prizes?? Or will the ice cream truck for 500 gems be needed?? 500 is REALLY high. Thx for all reply's to my questions. ♡

Droptilushop2
09-17-15, 03:50 PM
Is piper's ice cream truck for 125 gems gonna be all that's needed to earn prizes?? Or will the ice cream truck for 500 gems be needed?? 500 is REALLY high. Thx for all reply's to my questions. ♡The ice-cream truck is 500 coins not gems :))

dianeupside
09-17-15, 04:37 PM
The ice-cream truck is 500 coins not gems :))

Wow my bad.. Lol

keysisland
09-17-15, 08:13 PM
I'm still kinda new at this game so please bare with me if this is a silly question. Can android players do quests? I started with the end of summer ice cream event and in the picture directions it shows the 3rd step as doing quest, if it's possible can someone tell me how to do it

vjd007
09-17-15, 11:11 PM
I'm still kinda new at this game so please bare with me if this is a silly question. Can android players do quests? I started with the end of summer ice cream event and in the picture directions it shows the 3rd step as doing quest, if it's possible can someone tell me how to do it

Please refer to rynetory2's post above #2. It contains details of the things that were required for the sweet retreat event on iOS, which is similar to this event on Android. Hope that helps.

vjd007
09-17-15, 11:29 PM
Help. When I open more slots in the ice cream truck, the hen comes and the game refreshes, causing to lose the progress. Appears to be a glitch. Anyone else facing this issue? Can TL please check and fix this?

Thanks.

Rynetory2
09-17-15, 11:36 PM
@vjd007: may I suggest that you put "Android only event" on your first post? Have fun guys. :D

Rynetory2
09-17-15, 11:37 PM
Help. When I open more slots in the ice cream truck, the hen comes and the game refreshes, causing to lose the progress. Appears to be a glitch. Anyone else facing this issue? Can TL please check and fix this?

Thanks.

Start a new thread under bugs section for this event, so players can record all issues pertaining to this event. :)

vjd007
09-18-15, 01:47 AM
@vjd007: may I suggest that you put "Android only event" on your first post? Have fun guys. :D

I am not able to change the title on the main thread. Any idea on how to do that? Thanks.

If any mod can change that, it would be great.

vjd007
09-18-15, 01:50 AM
Start a new thread under bugs section for this event, so players can record all issues pertaining to this event. :)

Done. Created a new bug ticket.

Rynetory2
09-18-15, 02:14 AM
I am not able to change the title on the main thread. Any idea on how to do that? Thanks.

If any mod can change that, it would be great.

lubok
09-18-15, 02:32 AM
Is piper's ice cream truck for 125 gems gonna be all that's needed to earn prizes?? Or will the ice cream truck for 500 gems be needed?? 500 is REALLY high. Thx for all reply's to my questions. ♡

The ice-cream truck is 500 coins not gems :))
Yes, the ice-cream truck is 500 coins and it's needed for the goal chain. The Piper's truck for 125 gems is optional, there is no goal chain after we buy it. Both trucks act quite similar.

andromedablack
09-18-15, 04:15 AM
So there's no prize for completing this event? Events in Farm are so lame.. !

vjd007
09-18-15, 06:25 AM
So there's no prize for completing this event? Events in Farm are so lame.. !

There are prizes, but decorations, I believe, as per the Sweet Retreat event. However, as this is the 2nd event on Android in a month, I wouldn't complain as we do not get as many events as iOS. Thanks TL and wish we have more events down the line.

dianeupside
09-18-15, 07:11 AM
Yes Thank you TL/S8 for including Android in fun events, much appreciated.

dianeupside
09-18-15, 07:14 AM
You say Piper's truck is optional BUT the second goal is too buy piper's truck??? I personally intend to buy Piper's tomorrow but there are no other events to do until i get Piper's....?

dianeupside
09-18-15, 07:24 AM
You say Piper's truck is optional BUT the second goal is too buy piper's truck??? I personally intend to buy Piper's tomorrow but there are no other events to do until i get Piper's....?

Okay other event has popped up now. Sorry it didn't pop up earlier when the 'buy Piper's ice cream truck ' did. I need longer patience, lol. Thx ♡

rilette
09-18-15, 08:57 PM
I have android and get goals too...
I get icecream decorations for first goal.
First goal is doing 3 cones/3bowls of white icecream and giving three white icecream...

WHITE ICECREAM u need
- cone in the bakery takes 20 minutes (need 2 flours one milk one sugar)
- Bowl icecream in truck takes 40 minures (need one milk 2 sugars and 2 cream)

rilette
09-18-15, 09:00 PM
I have android and get goals too...
I get icecream decorations for first goal.
First goal is doing 3 cones/3bowls of white icecream and giving three white icecream...

WHITE ICECREAM u need
- cone in the bakery takes 20 minutes (need 2 flours one milk one sugar)
- Bowl icecream in truck takes 40 minures (need one milk 2 sugars and 2 cream)
- then on truck do WHITE ICECREAM it takes 30 minutes (need one cone and one bowl icecream).

rilette
09-18-15, 09:05 PM
Second goal is School of sunday. U win one pink icecream deco
U have to produce three cones, three bowl of sunday icdcream and three sunday icecream.
- Sunday icecream bowl on fryer takes1h20 (need one bowl of white icecream)
- Sunday icrecream on truck takes 45 minutes (need one cone and one bowl of sunday icecream).
Lets see how in third mission. :-)

rilette
09-18-15, 09:08 PM
I post fotos of first deco.

minidemon88
09-19-15, 02:11 AM

Don't buy the Piper's truck. Save your gems for something else instead. It's just not worth it, since the prizes are decoration only.

amomcs
09-20-15, 01:08 PM
My advice before Goal 3 is to stock up on Milk Chocolates because you will need a ton for this goal and the 4th goal:

Goal 3
Dial "I" for Ice Cream

Make 16 Hot Fudges(Make in the Chocolatier)
Make 8 Brownies(Bakery)
Give 8 Brownie A La Mode(Make in the Ice Cream Truck)

Reward is 2 Vanilla Ice cream scoop decorations(like the ones in previous goal)

Goal 4
A La Whoa!

Make 4 Fried Brownies(in fryer)
Make 8 Hot Fudges(Make in the Chocolatier)
Give 4 A La Whoa(Make in the Ice Cream Truck)

Reward is 2 chocolate ice cream scoop decorations

vjd007
09-23-15, 06:01 AM
The event is only similar in terms of Goals with the Sweet retreat event. The prizes are not the same. For one of the goal, the reward was 4 milk chocolates. I would have loved a new pig skin or a new silo skin, but have to live with what we are getting, since there are hardly any events for Android.

TL, hope we can have the same event running at the same time for both iOS & Android in the future. Thanks.

rilette
09-26-15, 12:25 AM
GOAL 5

SHERBERT DAY

Make 12 gelato
Give 12 gelato
Pick up 3 aples
Price 4 chocolates boxes
Gelato is 4 milk and two white sugars on truck ice cream takes two hours.
Someone knows next goals ???

Milecia
09-26-15, 02:18 PM
Goal 6 《-- EDIT: it is goal 9 !

I am german, so I dont know if the translation is correct. .. :-)

Sweet & sticky

-- Make 10 Brownie qubes in the Bakery
(For one qube you need 1 Brownie and 1 caramel sauce)

-- Make 10 caramel sauce
(You have to make them anyway )

Prize is 20 gems

rilette
09-26-15, 04:30 PM
Ohhhh thks... So it is different goals. Next one should be Apple ice cream. Can u tell me how Caramel sauce is done ?

rilette
09-26-15, 04:36 PM
And here is the explanation on winning 4 chocolates boxes. U can use them on goal 6. Anyway lets continue on doing brownies.

Milecia
09-27-15, 04:08 AM
Ohhhh thks... So it is different goals. Next one should be Apple ice cream. Can u tell me how Caramel sauce is done ?

Think I made a mistake.
IT is goal 7.
There was a goal before.

Caramel sauce you make in the chocolatier.
You need 2 chocolate boxes and 1 milk.

lubok
09-27-15, 08:58 AM
Think I made a mistake.
IT is goal 7.

I think #7 is wrong too. It must be the goal 9.

Goal 7 - An Apple A Day
Make 3 Apple Gelatos
Give 3 Apple Gelatos

The reward is 4 or 2 milk chocolate boxes , I can't recall exactly. Now I'm on the goal 8.

Make 8 Apple Gelatos
Make 8 Rainbow-latos
Give 8 Rainbow-latos

A Rainbow-lato takes 2 Gelatos and 2 Apple Gelatos

Please refer to the thread of the similar IOS event, the links given in #2 post of current thread. The goals seem to be the same so far, though the rewards are different.

Rynetory2
09-27-15, 09:06 AM
I think #7 is wrong too. It must be the goal 9.

Goal 7 - An Apple A Day
Make 3 Apple Gelatos
Give 3 Apple Gelatos

Make 8 Apple Gelatos
Make 8 Rainbow-latos
Give 8 Rainbow-latos

A Rainbow-lato takes 2 Gelatos and 2 Apple Gelatos

Please refer to the thread of the similar IOS event, the links given in #2 post of current thread. The goals seem to be the same so far, though the rewards are different.

I like your rewards better. Nice to have 20 gems. :)

lubok
09-27-15, 09:15 AM
I'd like to thank the team for launching this nice event on Android! Every time I visited Stormy I saw all that beautiful ice-cream decor and dreamed I could get it once. And you gave us the chance, thank you so much, Storm8! I've bought both trucks and displayed all the scoop decos I won in the first goals. Can't wait to see what we get in the end!

Milecia
09-27-15, 11:03 PM
Ok, so we can copy from the other thread, but the Prizes are different.
Here we will get 20 gems :-)

GOAL 10 - A ROAD WELL TRAVELLED
1. MAKE 10 Cocoa Ice Creams
2. GIVE 10 Rocky Roads
Prize: 20 gems
Cocoa Ice Cream = 1 milk chocolate + 2 cream + 2 milk made in Ice Cream Truck for 1hr 10mins
Rocky Road = 1 Brownie square + 2 cocoa ice cream made in Ice Cream Truck for 2 hrs

Milecia
09-28-15, 03:36 AM
GOAL 11 - ONCE YOU POP

1. Mine 6 times
2. Make 11 Rocky Roads
3. Collect 5 pop-candies

Prize: 130$ Ice cream house deco 28 XP

So we have to make 11 Rocky Roads again .... oh no... looool

Because I am ill, I have time to think of stupid things :-p
So .... my calculator says, that my chocolatier will produce 77 choc.boxes and 22 sauces in 5,7 days nonstop for this.

So please - dear IOS Players - could you help us and make chocolate boxes for the newspaper .... ? ..... *very lovely smile*
...be sure we will buy them all :-p

rilette
09-28-15, 08:44 AM
Goal 7 price is chocolate fountain decoration.
I am doing chocolate boxes non stop. But in newspapers I just find a few ones to buy.
I just find apple icecream to buy. And one brownie...

VanaCatu
09-29-15, 01:39 AM
2. GIVE 10 Rocky Roads
interesting, but my #10 looks different:

#10 A Road Well Travelled
{Tap}
{Skip}
+20gems +28exp

Make 11 Cocoa Ice Creams
(Make in the Ice Cream Truck!)
{Go}
{98}

Make 11 Rocky Roads
{Go}
{48}

http://fs88.www.ex.ua/get/196862636/FS2-2015-09-29.png

Rynetory2
09-29-15, 02:07 AM
I'm guessing the player took the info from my post for the iOS version of your end of summer event and forgot to amend to the latest info.

Good to see you here, VanaCatu. :)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24336 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24336)

{Tap}
{Skip}
+20gems +28exp

Make 11 Cocoa Ice Creams
{Go}
{98}

Make 11 Rocky Roads
{Go}
{48}

VanaCatu
09-29-15, 02:28 AM
I'm guessing the player took the info from my post for the iOS version of your end of summer event and forgot to amend to the latest info.

Good to see you here, VanaCatu. :)
oh! hey there! :)))

me too, i took yr post and made hellions of squares beforehand... now just curious whether i wd need them for #11 and 12, or poor stormy will be inforced to buy them all from my store, lol )))

i saw this difference tdy and came to check this thread maybe smth changed for us droids. but found the same info as per yr post. so i was interested maybe they did it for diff. locations too, not only for platforms...

VanaCatu
09-29-15, 02:30 AM
well, so tell me, is there any use from these wagons when the event is done? do they still do icecream or became just a decor?

Rynetory2
09-29-15, 02:37 AM
I can't tell you for sure cos I am on iOS. But I think you can check with vjd007. He/she seems to have complete this event. Check with any android player who has completed this. For iOS we needed all the items made in goal 10, for 11 and 12. I didn't have any leftovers except for fudges and brownies.

To add, S8 changed one of the iOS goals midway during sweet retreat event. So it's possible they did it again. Idk.

The event is only similar in terms of Goals with the Sweet retreat event. The prizes are not the same. For one of the goal, the reward was 4 milk chocolates. I would have loved a new pig skin or a new silo skin, but have to live with what we are getting, since there are hardly any events for Android.

TL, hope we can have the same event running at the same time for both iOS & Android in the future. Thanks.

oh! hey there! :)))

me too, i took yr post and made hellions of squares beforehand... now just curious whether i wd need them for #11 and 12, or poor stormy will be inforced to buy them all from my store, lol )))

i saw this difference tdy and came to check this thread maybe smth changed for us droids. but found the same info as per yr post. so i was interested maybe they did it for diff. locations too, not only for platforms...

well, so tell me, is there any use from these wagons when the event is done? do they still do icecream or became just a decor?

They all became decorations after event. The trucks as well. Nope you can't make anything after event. I prefer your prizes, at least gems are more useful than the decors which ended up in my cellar due to space shortage. I only had the gem truck on display.

Rynetory2
09-29-15, 02:41 AM

Now that you mention it, I'm very curious if it's by diff locations, never thought about it this way. Hmm......:confused: I'm intrigued lol :D

VanaCatu
09-29-15, 02:52 AM
They all became decorations after event. The trucks as well. Nope you can't make anything after event. I prefer your prizes, at least gems are more useful than the decors which ended up in my cellar due to space shortage. I only had the gem truck on display.

ah! such a disappointnment! :( never did events here, they started only this summer for droids, but my summers r always too busy for games...
if i knew it'll become just a deco, which i never place, i wdn't spend gems for second one.

VanaCatu
09-29-15, 02:55 AM
Now that you mention it, I'm very curious if it's by diff locations, never thought about it this way. Hmm......:confused: I'm intrigued lol :D
why not? from time to time they offer to me gem goal to download some of their games, and apparently those games marked as "not for your location" or "not for your devices" in the store... and the goal keeps blinking till expires or till i'm sending request to support... so, who knows wht else they cd code in other way, lol )))

Rynetory2
09-29-15, 03:05 AM
ah! such a disappointnment! :( never did events here, they started only this summer for droids, but my summers r always too busy for games...
if i knew it'll become just a deco, which i never place, i wdn't spend gems for second one.

The coin truck sufficed. I didn't need a second truck but I bought it as a decor, kinda cute like the ice cream truck in bs. Sorry you bought it..

Rynetory2
09-29-15, 03:08 AM
why not? from time to time they offer to me gem goal to download some of their games, and apparently those games marked as "not for your location" or "not for your devices" in the store... and the goal keeps blinking till expires or till i'm sending request to support... so, who knows wht else they cd code in other way, lol )))

You are correct, they do that often lol. I guess I just didn't think it will in events. Well thanks, I'll bear in mind for future event reference. :)

Keddy30103
09-30-15, 09:59 PM
Are we going to need cones for the Rocky Road goal? I have some left taking up space in my barn.

lubok
10-01-15, 08:14 AM

{Tap}
{Skip}
+20gems +28exp

Make 11 Cocoa Ice Creams
{Go}
{98}

Make 11 Rocky Roads
{Go}
{48}

Yes, I have the same task.

lubok
10-01-15, 08:16 AM
Are we going to need cones for the Rocky Road goal? I have some left taking up space in my barn.

No, we won't need any cones, gelatos or other items from earlier goals.

Keddy30103
10-01-15, 05:30 PM
Thanks Lubok

rilette
10-02-15, 03:47 PM
Ok, so we can copy from the other thread, but the Prizes are different.
Here we will get 20 gems :-)

2. GIVE 10 Rocky Roads
Prize: 20 gems
Cocoa Ice Cream = 1 milk chocolate + 2 cream + 2 milk made in Ice Cream Truck for 1hr 10mins
Rocky Road = 1 Brownie square + 2 cocoa ice cream made in Ice Cream Truck for 2 hrs
I just reach goal 10 but I perpared wrong supplies.
On goal ten... Cocoa Ice Cream is done with chocolate box + 2 cream and 2 milk !
I have done 11 chocolate milk for nothing using part of my chocolate boxes.
So please who have done goals text us what we need thkssssss... :-(

lubok
10-03-15, 08:13 AM
Goal 11 differs from the IOS version too.

GOAL 11 - ONCE YOU POP
1. Mine 6 times
2. Give 11 Rocky Roads
3. Collect 5 pop-candies
Reward: an ice-cream hut(cottage), 130 coins, 28xp

Goal 12 is just the same as there. Only the recipe of pop-rocky road seems to have changed, in our favour!

GOAL 12 - A ROAD LESS TRAVELED
1. Make 5 Pop-rocky Roads
2. Give 5 Pop-rocky Roads
Pop-rocky Road = 1 Rocky Road + 2 Pop Rock Candies (from the mine) made in Ice Cream Truck for 1hr 35mins
Reward: seems to be called a sundae mountain, 130 coins, 28xp

vlagay
10-03-15, 09:11 PM
GOAL 11 - ONCE YOU POP

1. Mine 6 times
2. Make 11 Rocky Roads
3. Collect 5 pop-candies

Prize: 130$ Ice cream house deco 28 XP

So we have to make 11 Rocky Roads again .... oh no... looool

Because I am ill, I have time to think of stupid things :-p
So .... my calculator says, that my chocolatier will produce 77 choc.boxes and 22 sauces in 5,7 days nonstop for this.

So please - dear IOS Players - could you help us and make chocolate boxes for the newspaper .... ? ..... *very lovely smile*
...be sure we will buy them all :-p
I hope the 20 pop candies I have already collected count!

Rynetory2
10-03-15, 10:04 PM
I hope the 20 pop candies I have already collected count!

You still have to mine 6 times....

lubok
10-04-15, 06:05 AM
GOAL 13 - MELTING MY HEART
Just press a button and get 130coins + 28xp
I enjoy displaying all the decorations I won in this event. Thank you, Teamlava! I think it has been a good and well balanced event, except for the infamous pop candy. I still think it should have been available for the period of goals 11 & 12 only. As for the rest, I enjoyed!