PDA

View Full Version : Gold Giving Dragons?

lnztrekfan
09-15-15, 07:29 PM
Hi. I am relatively new to dragon story and I noticed in a recent thread that someone posted about collecting gold from their dragons. Can anyone tell me which dragons produce gold? Do you have to purchase these with gold or are they breedable? I looked through the market of dragons and noticed that there is a "Gold Dragon" in there, does this produce gold? Thank you for your time.

DeeDe99
09-15-15, 08:02 PM
The Gold Dragon doesn't produce gold (yes, confusing) but GoldLeaf, Sterling Silver, Rose Gold (all cost 1,600 Gold) Goldwing (cost 1,800) Treasure, Gilded (both cost 2,000 gold) all produce gold per day. There may be more of them - like you I am quite new, but those ones I know about. Edit - there are 9 of them, I just checked).

They produce different amounts of gold per day at different levels.

The habitats are 8,000,000 coins each, which if you are new will sound like a lot, but as you progress through the levels coins are not so scarce!

The habitats hold 5 Gold and 2 dragons each.

Xyn25
09-15-15, 08:06 PM
The type of dragon that produces gold is the Treasure type. You can identify them by their symbol, which is a gold ingot. The Gold dragon is not one of these, it's just a Diamond-Yellow hybrid. There are several different Treasure type dragons and they're only available for gold, you cannot breed them. I don't have one of these myself but I've been advised here on the forum to save up some gold and buy one when they go on sale for about 600 gold.

lnztrekfan
09-15-15, 08:07 PM
Thank you DeeDe99. . I definitely would have to wait for that habitat! :)

Thanks Xyn25. I'm a little bummed you can't breed these. Thanks for the head up about the symbols!

DeeDe99
09-15-15, 08:12 PM
Now a sale sounds like a plan, Xyn25! :o

DeeDe99
09-15-15, 08:15 PM
Thank you DeeDe99. I definitely would have to wait for that habitat! :)

Thanks Xyn25. I'm a little bummed you can't breed these. Thanks for the head up about the symbols!

WARNING - this darn game is addictive!! Your coin cash flow improves from about level 44, I've found, depending on your dragons (they earn coins at different rates). My tip is hoard food - you'll need it.

lnztrekfan
09-15-15, 09:01 PM
I can definitely confirm it is addicting!! I found the treasure ones they are listed under a rainbow star but they are locked until level 40. So I have a few levels to go. I'm level 34 and I started July 28th. Mostly have just been breeding so far.

Xyn25
09-15-15, 09:24 PM
Now a sale sounds like a plan, Xyn25! :o

It sure does! :)
There was one last February, but I had nowhere near that much gold. I've been saving up but I spent a lot of it to finish the Dragon Tales on time. Oh well, the Nouveau dragon is so pretty, it's worth it.

Xyn25
09-15-15, 09:31 PM
Thank you DeeDe99. I definitely would have to wait for that habitat! :)

It definitely is a bummer that they're unbreedable, but hey, they wouldn't want to make it too easy, huh? :P

lnztrekfan
09-15-15, 10:18 PM
It definitely is a bummer that they're unbreedable, but hey, they wouldn't want to make it too easy, huh? :P

LOL!! Yes then they would lose $ money if we could breed them!

Kennedward
09-16-15, 07:23 AM
LOL!! Yes then they would lose $ money if we could breed them!

Agreed

Mythdefied
09-17-15, 06:55 PM
I'm really hoping for a Black Friday sale. I should have enough saved up by then for another treasure dragon. I'll actually have to have 2 to a habitat then.

Kennedward
09-17-15, 07:07 PM
I would actually prefer a new Treasure type dragon, since I have 1 more space for it

Mythdefied
09-17-15, 07:12 PM
I would actually prefer a new Treasure type dragon, since I have 1 more space for it

I suspect that's likely. They'd want to promote the sale by offering a new one, plus, as you pointed out, those who have all the Treasure dragons have room for one more.

Kennedward
09-17-15, 07:21 PM
Agreed

freshfunin2008
09-18-15, 08:21 AM

I want a new type as well and a good sale on the ones that have been 2000 gold for way too long.

belarica
09-18-15, 08:29 AM
I've got enough for 2 when the go on sale hopefully :) I haven't spent a single gold in awhile I'm hoarding it!

Kennedward
09-18-15, 10:21 AM
I want a new type as well and a good sale on the ones that have been 2000 gold for way too long.

Agreed, the 2000 gold price is way too high, I would prefer 1000 or so when it's regular, then 600 or so when it's on sale

lady_saphira
09-18-15, 03:03 PM
Someone refresh my memory. I'm recently back after a hiatus from ds, level 90something. How many gold giving dragons are there now?

Kennedward
09-18-15, 04:04 PM
Someone refresh my memory. I'm recently back after a hiatus from ds, level 90something. How many gold giving dragons are there now?

9, see my signature :cool:

lady_saphira
09-18-15, 09:57 PM
9, see my signature :cool:

Ya know, I've read your signature a few times the last few weeks and I never did see the part about the gold dragons, lol. I'm blaming the lack of sleep thanks to my toddler!

Thanks for answering!

Kennedward
09-19-15, 06:31 AM
No worries :D

Keep saving everyone, and you all should get all 9 soon :cool: