PDA

View Full Version : Quartz Quetzalcoatl 9-18-2015

kooky panda
09-15-15, 02:15 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/b90329bf48ecd24c3954577d9a585b7b/tumblr_inline_nuqk1jusOZ1qm7yoc_540.pngAs guardians of light, the Quartz Quetzalcoatl?s job is never done. This feathered royal serpent is ready for an extended vacation. Usher this royalty for a stay in your Forest in Fantasy Forest Story (https://www.facebook.com/fantasyforestapp)!

ninasidstorm8
09-15-15, 02:25 PM
Definitely another Gem. My guess is Gem/Nature.

ogreve
09-15-15, 02:55 PM
That looks beautiful!
Now... where's "my" Unicorn so I can finally try for these nice animals...?! Waahhh

LonePudding
09-15-15, 03:00 PM
Pretty!

SummerNightSky
09-15-15, 03:03 PM
Ooh pretty! And it's a serpent!

Next time there aren't any limited animals to try for, I'll have to try for a gem hybrid.

jim23cash
09-15-15, 03:03 PM
As guardians of light? Could it be lightning/gem? It is really beautiful! Hope we get more expansions by then!

Sandybellee
09-15-15, 03:04 PM
Very lovely! Nice to see them coming out with more ultra rares.

sweetdeda
09-15-15, 03:30 PM
Very pretty! Can't wait to try for it.

31aug2002
09-16-15, 02:51 AM
That looks beautiful!
Now... where's "my" Unicorn so I can finally try for these nice animals...?! Waahhh

My sentiments exactly . If I can get out of this vicious circle of breeding particular elements to get particular animals( which I don't get BTW), I can try for the unicorn and then these beauties.

Drachenia
09-17-15, 07:04 PM
Is very beautiful, hmmm Electric/Nature/Crystal :confused:

rjazz
09-18-15, 11:52 AM
I got another Emerald on my second try-I was so excited I sped -a bit disappointed now.

Hawksmoor
09-18-15, 11:56 AM
Sorry, I'm not able to check the game for a few hours so what are the breeding combos? Is it Gem/Nature/Lightning??

calvinxx
09-18-15, 12:09 PM
Gem/Nature

Hawksmoor
09-18-15, 12:13 PM
Gem/Nature

Thanks!

Melis2a84
09-18-15, 01:12 PM
Hi guys I have got 3 emeralds while trying for the new creature are we even sure it's gem/nature cos I'm thinking otherwise? I could of bought it with all the gems I've wasted!

ninasidstorm8
09-18-15, 01:16 PM
Hi guys I have got 3 emeralds while trying for the new creature are we even sure it's gem/nature cos I'm thinking otherwise? I could of bought it with all the gems I've wasted!

There is a goal to breed the Quartz Quetzlcoatl and it says to breed Gemstone + Nature.

Melis2a84
09-18-15, 01:24 PM
There is a goal to breed the Quartz Quetzlcoatl and it says to breed Gemstone + Nature.

Yeah I read the goal and all says gem/nature but I'm starting to think otherwise lol could it be an error?

Melis2a84
09-18-15, 01:34 PM
Thanks Nina for your help but all good just breed the Quartz

ninasidstorm8
09-18-15, 02:01 PM
Thanks Nina for your help but all good just breed the Quartz

Congratulations, beautiful egg.

Melis2a84
09-18-15, 03:09 PM
Congratulations, beautiful egg.

Thanks Hun :D

rjazz
09-18-15, 05:03 PM
Congrats-did you use Emerald & unicorn? I'm trying hard!

cardinalpsy
09-18-15, 05:15 PM
Love the egg design. Got it with pandaffodil and unicorn.:)

rjazz
09-18-15, 10:27 PM
I got it with Emerald & Unicorn! Only had about 5 or 6 Pandafoil fails.

ogreve
09-18-15, 10:44 PM
I have a general "gem breeding" question that I've had for quite a while. For all I've tried I've never gotten a Unicorn.
Now, what if, try as I might, I'll never get one through normal straight breeding, would the odds at getting one then be better if I were to buy one gem hybrid on sale and breed that with something, or does that still come down to the same breeding odds for the Unicorn?
Also: when you breed something like this new hybrid with a Pandaffodil do you get chances at another of these ones and the Emerald and a unicorn too (and millions of Pandaffodils of course), or do you still need to put in 4 distinct elements when trying to breed a unicorn when you have 1 single gem hybrid?
I'm just wondering as I really want to start breeding gem animals but I'm just not getting the unicorn so the sales of gem hybrids are starting to look attractive...
I really don't want to just buy animals but with one gem hybrid I could perhaps open an array of new breeding options.
There's a gem sale ending in 1 hour time it's tempting to combine the two or wait hoping that there will someday be a gem hybrid value pack sale.

Final question: if the odds don't really improve when you have one gem hybrid, then how about if you have two of them? Doe the gem-gem then up your chances at a unicorn or not?

SummerNightSky
09-18-15, 10:57 PM
I have a general "gem breeding" question that I've had for quite a while. For all I've tried I've never gotten a Unicorn.
Now, what if, try as I might, I'll never get one through normal straight breeding, would the odds at getting one then be better if I were to buy one gem hybrid on sale and breed that with something, or does that still come down to the same breeding odds for the Unicorn?
Also: when you breed something like this new hybrid with a Pandaffodil do you get chances at another of these ones and the Emerald and a unicorn too (and millions of Pandaffodils of course), or do you still need to put in 4 distinct elements when trying to breed a unicorn when you have 1 single gem hybrid?
I'm just wondering as I really want to start breeding gem animals but I'm just not getting the unicorn so the sales of gem hybrids are starting to look attractive...
I really don't want to just buy animals but with one gem hybrid I could perhaps open an array of new breeding options.
There's a gem sale ending in 1 hour time it's tempting to combine the two or wait hoping that there will someday be a gem hybrid value pack sale.

Final question: if the odds don't really improve when you have one gem hybrid, then how about if you have two of them? Doe the gem-gem then up your chances at a unicorn or not?
My understanding is that you still need 4 elements, even when one of the animals is a Gem hybrid. So if you bred say a Jade Kirin with a Pandaffodil, your possible outcomes would be: Dark/Nature animals, Emerald Dragon, Quartz Quetzalcoatl, Jade Kirin. But if you bred Jade Kirin with a Fairy Ferret, your possible outcomes would be: Dark/Nature animals, Dark/Fire animals, Nature/Fire animals, Emerald Dragon, Quartz Quetzalcoatl, Jade Kirin, Ruby Razorback, Crystal Unicorn.

I couldn't speak to the odds of getting a Crystal Unicorn using a Gem hybrid as one of the animals.

ogreve
09-18-15, 11:07 PM
My understanding is that you still need 4 elements, even when one of the animals is a Gem hybrid. So if you bred say a Jade Kirin with a Pandaffodil, your possible outcomes would be: Dark/Nature animals, Emerald Dragon, Quartz Quetzalcoatl, Jade Kirin. But if you bred Jade Kirin with a Fairy Ferret, your possible outcomes would be: Dark/Nature animals, Dark/Fire animals, Nature/Fire animals, Emerald Dragon, Quartz Quetzalcoatl, Jade Kirin, Ruby Razorback, Crystal Unicorn.

I couldn't speak to the odds of getting a Crystal Unicorn using a Gem hybrid as one of the animals.

Thanks!
I just decided to have a bit of a play with the breeding calculator at the Wikia and that seems to confirm what you write.
It does look though if chances at a Unicorn can only be had with 4-element breedings and that the gem one counts only as one, but still the odds seem to be better as there are simply fewer outcomes then, and... one also has shots at the other hybrids.
I've got less than 1 hour to decide but this is attractive! I intend this to be the only time I'll break my own rule about buying animals, just to kick start gem breeding after such a long fruitless time, and I'll then finally have something in my Grand Gem Cove and with some speeding I can still use it during this Storybook and limited animals breeding. It will certainly add a whole new edge to the game (even though it goes a bit against my principles)!

ogreve
09-18-15, 11:48 PM
OK, I just bit the bullet and crossed that line once and as my intention is, ONLY once.
I had 340 gems left and the 30% sale ends in less than 1 hour and I don't get them so often. There's no way I'm buying a gem-anything animal at full retail, but the discounted 1100 gems cost in combination with the 30% gem sale sounds like it might be my best shot at one for the foreseeable future (unless a value pack with it appears soon).

Well then, to make it happen there were only two options I considered:
1) Buying a 530 Chest of Gems + a 250 Bowl of Gems for a total of 20.98 Euros.
2) Buying a 1400 Safe of Gems for 34.99 Euros.

Option one would see me have JUST enough gems to buy the Quetzalcoatl and then leave me with only 20 left, which would not be enough for speeding things (like the Quetzalcoatl!) so to proceed with my plans I'd then want to buy an additional 120 Sack of Gems or a 250 Bowl of Gems.
I decided though that if I were to do this once, I'd do it right, so I bought the more expensive Safe of Gems and now have a decent stash left (640 - 1 for speeding the remaining 1 hour Rainguin breeding off the nest).
In retrospect perhaps I should have opted for option 1 plus a 120 or 250 gem addition but well, the dirty deed is done now, and there's no way back. At least I now have a solid stash of gems left.

The above is something I had been playing with in my head for a loooooong time but I never wanted to do it. At this moment the Quetzalcoatl doesn't give me any particular "pride" as it's a bought animal, vs. ALL of the others in the forest (except for the lowest base animals that CAN only be bought), but it does give the following advantages:
-A beautiful new animal! The only serpent so far!
-An entirely new breedable element.
-A kick-ass element in tournaments.
-High coin earnings (guess what my current food stash of 150K food will be used for...).
-No more empty Grand Gem Cove! FINALLY!
-The Grand Gem Cove IS already on the upper blue plots; IMO the coolest of all, now it *finally* is a true "prestige spot".
-Better odds at breeding a Unicorn and other gem hybrids.
-Renewed fun in the game due to entirely new breeding possibilities (the other ones were running out fast!).
-Better odds at having 4-element shots at the trio and the Lambi. For the K9 I may also do some gem-nature-earth breeding: these have much more interesting outcomes than the only all of the (boring) normal earth-nature ones, as they add in chances at a further Quetzalcoatl, an Emerald Dragon and an Obsidian Cyclops!

So.... The above in the end finally did help me step over the "moral limit" of not wanting to buy my way into the art of gem animals, but well, something had to give.
And.... Ironically enough in a way I'm glad that the addition of other gem animals doesn't particularly up the odds at a Unicorn as now at least I'm not so tempted to buy more gem hybrids, so I can hopefully stay true to the "one-time-only-rule-breaking-acquisition". :P

I think I'll enjoy the sight of the egg for a while today and shall speed it at an opportune time. That latter moment will come somewhere before the deadline of the Storybook step 9.4 comes around. In order to free the den I would need to speed most of the Quetzalcoatl's hatching time away (which is something I wanted to do anyway, as I really need the nest and den during this event). It's unfortunate that the evolutions of the Quetzalcoatl take 34 hours. That's also expensive to speed. I'm not completely sure if I'll speed much of that. It would again depend on how it plays out with the Storybook. I'm currently considering speeding the Quetzalcoatl's hatching at the right time and then directly evolving it to level 4, after which I'll feed it up to the point of being able to undergo its second evolution (which I shall then not make). In the meantime I can then revert to doing a few last straight earth-fire attempts at the Lambi and Station Dalmation. The Sidekicker and Super Heron are already at epic level and. I do not directly need the flower for Armordillo evolutions (as I have 2 baby ones and one level 12 one to work with) and the earth-fire breeding that takes place during the Quetzalcoatl's long evolution (if I don't speed any of it, that is) are likely to give me more Armordillos (allowing me to replace the level 3 ones with new babies).
All of this should give an exciting new impulse to this game, as the limited animal breeding woes were starting to get the better of me. :P

Now then, without further ado, below I present the egg in my forest!
[Let's think of it as a bit of a return gift to TL for having actually listened and having given us more expansions and seemingly also having normalised the feedings costs again of the newly released animals]

Sandybellee
09-19-15, 02:38 AM
Enjoy your first gem animal, Olafo! :) It's one of the most beautiful ones, too. I thought of speeding for it for a few dozen times because the panda takes only 1 hour to breed, but noticed that the speeding cost is 5 gems! So not going to do that after all. I will try for it after the service trio hell is over.

ogreve
09-19-15, 07:33 AM
Enjoy your first gem animal, Olafo! :) It's one of the most beautiful ones, too. I thought of speeding for it for a few dozen times because the panda takes only 1 hour to breed, but noticed that the speeding cost is 5 gems! So not going to do that after all. I will try for it after the service trio hell is over.

Hi,
Thanks!
I do intend to enjoy it!
It opens a lot of new possibilities and good revenue (though I expect to have it uptied in breeding most of the time for the foreseeable future).
I wonder what its name will be. So far I've never renamed an animal in FFS but if this one doesn't have a name I like, I may rename it to Smaug ;)
It's odd that the spring of the Pandaffodil fail costs 5 gems but... Even when sitting it out it should only take 1 hour breeding and hatching each time right? That's not bad!
I'm also looking very forward to pairing the Quetzalcoatl with dark-electric animals. And also with dark-water.
That will happen later though, for I'll be focusing hard on trying to get at least one of the service hybrids as that would give excellent Unicorn odds at a Unicorn when paired with a gem hybrid..

ninasidstorm8
09-19-15, 07:57 AM
Hi,
Thanks!
I do intend to enjoy it!
It opens a lot of new possibilities and good revenue (though I expect to have it uptied in breeding most of the time for the foreseeable future).
I wonder what its name will be. So far I've never renamed an animal in FFS but if this one doesn't have a name I like, I may rename it to Smaug ;)
It's odd that the spring of the Pandaffodil fail costs 5 gems but... Even when sitting it out it should only take 1 hour breeding and hatching each time right? That's not bad!
I'm also looking very forward to pairing the Quetzalcoatl with dark-electric animals. And also with dark-water.
That will happen later though, for I'll be focusing hard on trying to get at least one of the service hybrids as that would give excellent Unicorn odds at a Unicorn when paired with a gem hybrid..

Congratulations on your first Gem animal. When FFS was first released, the Pandaffodil fail a Crystal Unicorn/Pandaffodil fail was 20 seconds. This allowed certain players to breed a number of Emerald Dragons back when it was the only Gem Hybrid. The earning capacity of the Gem Hybrids as compared to all other animals caused a major disparity between the players that had a Crystal Unicorn and those that did not. To create more balance in the game (What TL said at the time) the Crystal Unicorn/Pandaffodil fail time was increased.

Unfortunately, I was not able to take advantage of these situations or the One with the Ruby Razorback. Breeding a Gem hybrid is a difficult task, but at least you are in the game now. Good Luck.

sweetdeda
09-19-15, 08:36 AM
Out and about visiting as my game allows, I've seen this beautiful egg in several in neighbors nest, very luck they are as this animal is magnificent. Panda fail after panda fail for me, at least it's only an hour. Congrats to all that have been successful breeding, good luck to all still trying. I hope to breed it soon although I worry if I do I will have to use gems to speed to be able to finish the storybook, still have chapters 9 and 10 to complete.

ogreve
09-19-15, 09:17 AM
Alright, the evolution on 1 level 3 Armordillo just finished (which was handy for being sure to not need the flower for quite some time) so it was now only a matter of picking a good time for speeding the remainder of the Quetzalcoatl's hatching time away. One such moment just came along: it's 18:00 here now and there was a 6 hour breeding in the den. Moving it to the nest would allow it to finish (without speeding it) around midnight. For completing act 9.4 I needed to put in an Armordillo breeding. Now, wanting to try to get a Service animal ASAP I just sped the remaining 31.5 hours of the Quetzalcoatl's hatching away at a cost of 32 gems (ouch). Fortunately the chapter 9 prize is 15 gems, which took a bit of the pain of the speeding gem cost away.
I then had a few moments of quick fun with the new animal, before quickly sending it into the flower. It will get to be in there for the next 34 hours or maybe a bit more or less (depending on night time, slight speeding, etc.). After that, it will not see further evolutions until after the trio ends.
As for breeding choices: I'll opt for straight earth-fire and earth-nature a while until I'll be able to use the Quetzalcoatl. Getting a K9 would set me up ideally for some Unicorn attempts but there's so little time left now to do that unless I'd completely sacrifice any and all attempts at the other service animals then. But.... For now I don't even have a single service animal, so I need to work on that first....

ogreve
09-19-15, 04:09 PM
Well, do you all reckon I could really wait for 34 hours of time to see the first evolution of the Quartz Quetzalcoatl complete in the natural way before being able to use it in breeding?
Well... NO! :P

Of course I just HAD to speed matters so I could start breeding with it ASAP!
This does make a lot of practical sense though, as there's not so much time left for breeding for the currently limited animals (all 4 of which I still need). Besides, the animal is just too beautiful to be hidden away in the flower. :P
So, when the Turtisle egg finished hatching, I sped the remaining 6 hours of the 12 hour breeding; it was an Armordillo of course. That cost me 6 gems. Then I sped the remaining 28 hours of evolution time away, which cost me 28 gems and earlier during the day I had already sped 31.5 hours of the hatching time for a cost of 32 gems.

So, add that to some earlier small-scale gem spending and today was by FAR the most gem-expensive day for me since starting FFS: 1100 gems for the animal, 32 for the hatching, 28 for the first evolution, and then at least 7 gems for twice speeding some animals off the nest.

But.... I'm right in the game now, with a level 9 Quartz Quetzalcoatl!
It can be seen in my forest now (in the den) and I plan on using it a LOT in breeding from now on.
For those who are interested in it (which I assume to be limited to me myself), I'll try to keep track of ALL of the outcomes I get when using this animal, or at least for a long while.
The results of that shall be listed here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73663-Personal-Breeding-Logs&p=1176789&viewfull=1#post1176789

First up was the Quetzalcoatl with the Rock Rhino, this is one of the particularly interesting combinations as it can give 8 outcomes, one of which being the Captain K9 then THREE gem hybrids and apart from that the normal 4 earth-nature outcomes.
Game on. The first result was rather unimpressive: a Plantlers.

31aug2002
09-21-15, 11:27 PM
Okay !
So my 14 hr with fairy ferret and armordillo turned out to be a volcamel (as expected )
I have now given up on the Lambi and the trio.
May be one day I might get them in spin the wheel or a good value pack

So I just did what ogreve did... I went ahead and bought the QUARTZY ...
A welcome break from plantlers and armordillos.
So now I have a pretty little egg sitting in my nest and I will have a gem addition to my forest :) my first :)
But as ogreve put it , missing the satisfaction and excitement of breeding it.... But still very proud to have it
I have bought gem cost habitats before , but this is my first animal.
Now I need to do some back to back planting to bring this beauty to epic lvl.:):)

31aug2002
09-22-15, 12:21 AM
Strange!!!
The gem sale timer showed 13 hrs... But after today's update it vanished.
Do they do that ... Just remove things without notice. I thought I had 13 hrs to think and top up my gem reserve:(

ogreve
09-22-15, 01:29 AM
Okay !
So my 14 hr with fairy ferret and armordillo turned out to be a volcamel (as expected )
I have now given up on the Lambi and the trio.
May be one day I might get them in spin the wheel or a good value pack

So I just did what ogreve did... I went ahead and bought the QUARTZY ...
A welcome break from plantlers and armordillos.
So now I have a pretty little egg sitting in my nest and I will have a gem addition to my forest :) my first :)
But as ogreve put it , missing the satisfaction and excitement of breeding it.... But still very proud to have it
I have bought gem cost habitats before , but this is my first animal.
Now I need to do some back to back planting to bring this beauty to epic lvl.:):)

Nice!
Congrats on your first gem animal too! :)
True, it would have been more satisfying to have bred one, but this is a close second. Just like you I too spend gems on speeding (from time to time) and on the special habitats, so this single animal acquisition actually doesn't sit badly with me. But.... just because it's a gem one, which seems to be about equally unbreedable to me as those bl*sted Service dogs. :P

Enjoy the Quartz! I wonder if you do have the patience to sit the hatching and evolutions out, hehehe (I sure didn't).

BTW: I just sent a neighbour invitation (coming from 'Diggy') it shall be nice to follow your progress with the Quartz too!

As for the gem sales: they are timed differently from the value pack sales: on my account the value pack sales expire on or half an hour before the regular Tuesday and Friday updates (which take place at 20:30 CET) but the gem sales always only last 24 hours, and end on the next day after they started, at 9:00 CET, which is also the time that several things like tournaments etc. end.

31aug2002
09-22-15, 04:07 AM
@ ogreve . Thank you for your friend request. Have accepted it.
Also visited your forest. Loved all your epic animals.
My forest is still in development mode. My next target is to expand to the treent and I hope to do that in the next few days.
Yes I would have speeded things if I had the gems to do so. But the sale vanished before I could top up. So now will have to wait for the next sale :(
I will do a little speeding but wait out to bring down the gem cost. :)
But for now am enjoying looking at the new egg :p

sweetdeda
09-22-15, 05:07 AM
So many failed attempts I haven't even bothered to count. Had a dream last night I got ruby razorback and to rearrange my forest to find her a home. Lol so I thought I'd mix up my panda and unicorn breeding and throw in cactus Kitsune and unicorn, guess what.... Another fail. :rolleyes: I will keep trying as I really want the quartz, good luck to those suffering through many fails, hope to see more of my neighbors with this beautiful animal while I'm out and about.

31aug2002
09-23-15, 09:36 PM
QUARTZY + breeding results
#1 with unicorgi. For reasons .. 1 it gave me shot at 4 element breeding.
2 a shot at K9
3. My unicorgi still at lvl 4 so I was avoiding using my epic or high lvl animals to save them for the tournament , just in case I got a long breeding timer( wishful thinking) .
I should have known . While I have a15 hr egg in my nest I get 3 hr in the den... So definitely a FAIRY FERRET. Now I have to wait it out... Don't want to do any gem spending... Sigh

ogreve
09-29-15, 01:54 AM
Hah!
I finally have my Quartz Quetzalcoatl at epic level. Really pretty.
Now it can make some good money for the forest, be a good breeding ingredient, and be a top-of-the-line fighter in upcoming tournaments! :P
Down below follow some screenshots of this (at this moment still) rare sight; I haven't seen many more Quetzalcoatls around so far....

Drachenia
09-30-15, 07:13 PM

Hello I get finally Quartz Quetzalcoatl, oh, I am so very happy