PDA

View Full Version : Lambi - 2015 Sep 15

ogreve
09-15-15, 11:40 AM

Earth-fire.
Rarity: Rare.
Breeding and incubation: 12 hours.
Evolution time: 14 hours.
[Animal details and individual pictures taken from the Wikia - I hope this is o.k. if not I'll remove them]

Well, just after earlier today I had decided to call it a day with straight earth-fire and earth-nature attempts. Now comes a new limited animal right in the middle of already limited breeding for the Service Trio.
In a way I'm not very happy with this timing but since I seem to be getting anything from the earth-fire combination except the Dalmatian I might as well give it some goes. At least it's a good motivation to endure seeing 12 hour timers. ;)

Note that it shares the 12 hour timer with the dreaded Armordillo. This is a really beautiful animal though, so it is well desirable.

SummerNightSky
09-15-15, 11:52 AM
Sapybara and the Tuneful Trio
Lambi and the Service Trio

I really dislike when they do things like this. At least Lambi is Rare instead of Super Rare like Sapybara, and people trying for Station Dalmation or Saintly Bernard can try for Lambi and the dog at the same time.

Now I need to decide whether to go with my original plan that I posted in the Storybook thread, or try for Lambi/Rubble Rooster.

ninasidstorm8
09-15-15, 11:53 AM
I am not happy with this either. My guess is it decreases the odds of getting the Station Dalmation which I don't have.

Sandybellee
09-15-15, 11:55 AM
This may be enough to make me go for straight fire-earth breedings. At least there would be 2 good possible outcomes, the Dalmatian and Lambi. Hmm... But why does it have to have the same breeding time as an Armordillo? That's just mean.

ogreve
09-15-15, 11:55 AM
The only good thing about the timing of this animal is that it does at least create a Dalmatian fail that I don't have yet. Since nothing seems to give me the Dalmation, maybe I WILL actually succeed at breeding this one :P

chippychan
09-15-15, 11:58 AM
And it shares a 12 hour breed time with Armordillo.... :/

RowanaFarrin
09-15-15, 12:00 PM
This will make the "Hatch an Armodillo" step in Chapter 7 of the Storybook more interesting. Cause now I won't know if I have an Armodillo or one of these when I get to the step! It's not really a big deal as I can just breed again if I have the wrong one, just another interesting quirk of having this animal out right now of all times.

At least it shares elements with Dalmation, though I guess that adds one more animal to the odds of getting one, so good and bad, I guess?

SummerNightSky
09-15-15, 12:02 PM
Why make it have the same breeding time as Armordillo, especially when people need to hatch an Armordillo for the Storybook event.

Is there some reason they couldn't have gone with 12 hours 30 minutes? Or 11 hours? Or heck, if they simply must have it overlap with something: 13 hours (Rampage) was free.

RowanaFarrin
09-15-15, 12:07 PM
Why make it have the same breeding time as Armordillo, especially when people need to hatch an Armordillo for the Storybook event.

Is there some reason they couldn't have gone with 12 hours 30 minutes? Or 11 hours? Or heck, if they simply must have it overlap with something: 13 hours (Rampage) was free.

While we're at it, why doesn't a "Hatch an animal" step count as complete when you actually hatch the animal and not when you move it to the nest? I shouldn't complain, since it saves time, but it would mean I could check what animal I have before getting to that step. So quirky!

I do like this animal a lot though, I hope I managed to breed one! I haven't had much luck with limited animals lately though, except the Trio, so I have my doubts.

Good luck everyone who's trying! ^_^

ogreve
09-15-15, 12:11 PM
This will make the "Hatch an Armodillo" step in Chapter 7 of the Storybook more interesting. Cause now I won't know if I have an Armodillo or one of these when I get to the step! It's not really a big deal as I can just breed again if I have the wrong one, just another interesting quirk of having this animal out right now of all times.

At least it shares elements with Dalmation, though I guess that adds one more animal to the odds of getting one, so good and bad, I guess?

I fully agree.
Earlier today I was so wiped out by the Trio breeding disasters that I had really had it with trying for them. This animal at least gets me motivated to try earth-fire some more. All I hope is that I won't be on a continued "way of pain" by ONLY getting fails. This is a really beautiful animal and I love the full-blown epic stage! If I manage to get it, even though it's "only" a rare, I'd love to have it at full epic level as a "prestige" animal; IOW an "element of mere beauty" in the forest, even if it costs a lot to do so and gives little financial revenue....

SummerNightSky
09-15-15, 12:13 PM
While we're at it, why doesn't a "Hatch an animal" step count as complete when you actually hatch the animal and not when you move it to the nest? I shouldn't complain, since it saves time, but it would mean I could check what animal I have before getting to that step. So quirky!
Either works: moving the animal to the nest or hatching it from the tree of life. When I hatched (and simultaneously sold) my Plantlers, the Storybook didn't register that I had hatched a Plantlers, but it rolled back, and when I hatched it a second time (this time putting it in a habitat) it registered. I don't know if it not registering the first time was a fluke or if you need to stick it in a habitat (which I'll be doing with the Armordillo anyway).

Good luck to everyone who is going to try for it (I'm still undecided as to what exactly I'll do, I do really like the animal though).

RowanaFarrin
09-15-15, 12:20 PM
Either works: moving the animal to the nest or hatching it from the tree of life. When I hatched (and simultaneously sold) my Plantlers, the Storybook didn't register that I had hatched a Plantlers, but it rolled back, and when I hatched it a second time (this time putting it in a habitat) it registered. I don't know if it not registering the first time was a fluke or if you need to stick it in a habitat (which I'll be doing with the Armordillo anyway).

Good luck to everyone who is going to try for it (I'm still undecided as to what exactly I'll do, I do really like the animal though).

Oh, thanks Summer! I hadn't realized it would work that way too, that's pretty helpful! At least I have a bit before I get to that step so I might as well do a few tries before then and see if that will work for me as well. Certainly makes my life easier!

SummerNightSky
09-15-15, 12:23 PM
Oh, thanks Summer! I hadn't realized it would work that way too, that's pretty helpful! At least I have a bit before I get to that step so I might as well do a few tries before then and see if that will work for me as well. Certainly makes my life easier!
No problem! :)

31aug2002
09-15-15, 12:30 PM
Well this could not have come at the worst time possible
First I get only armordillos and plantlers while trying for the dogs
Now when trying to breed a plantler I have had 2 14 hr back to back fails.
So my chapter 4 is still waiting and chapter 5 starts for me in the morning. So that pushes me.
My grassquarch in the nest still has 3 hrs to go and also the 14hr in den ( I am hoping it will be a hedgehog) too has 3 hrs
So I either speed them both and try one more time for the plantler ... Which would be ready by the time my chapter 5 starts..
Then I would be on schedule?
I am still trying for dogs and here comes Mary's little Lambi to throw a spanner in the works and confuse things a bit.

cardinalpsy
09-15-15, 12:33 PM
Another limited time animal that shares the same breeding time with armordillo. Got it with chocolate bunny and crystal unicorn after about 8 attempts. Not impressed with the egg design either. Good luck everyone!

orleansparish
09-15-15, 12:36 PM
Can we get a break please? I'm trying to breed armadillo for the event, plus the first from the animal trio and now this comes. I'm tired!

mrhammy48
09-15-15, 12:54 PM
At least the dreaded 12 hour timer won't seem so bad. Since this is about the only timer I am able to get right now I find it somewhat refreshing. At least there's something possible other than constant armadillos.

Drachenia
09-15-15, 01:02 PM
Hello! I have worked with gems accelerated breeding with Bulldog / Pyro Pony got 5x Armordillo, Station Dalmation. Now I have breeding with Crystal Unicorn / Bulldog 12 hours :(

sweetdeda
09-15-15, 03:21 PM
Well since I'm trying to build an armadillo army maybe I'll get lucky and get this as a fail :)

Sandybellee
09-15-15, 03:40 PM
Got another 12 hour timer... It is actually kind of refreshing to know there is at least a possibility that it's Lambi.

Also only got one bomb from my previous Armordillo because I again forgot to mine before hitting the bomb cap but my mood brightened up considerably when I went mining and got 23 runes with 8 bombs. That's 2.875 runes per bomb. I think that must be my record. (I'm now always holding on to some bombs just in case we suddenly need them for something, so I left 7 in storage.)

sweetdeda
09-15-15, 03:48 PM
Got Lambi on my first try! Good luck everyone!

Sandybellee that is awesome to get that many runes w only 8 bombs!

LauraGSJK
09-16-15, 02:33 AM
[QUOTE=sweetdeda;1174561]Got Lambi on my first try! Good luck everyone!

What did you use, please? Congratulations!

sweetdeda
09-16-15, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE=sweetdeda;1174561]Got Lambi on my first try! Good luck everyone!

What did you use, please? Congratulations!
Unicorn and bulldog.

forestwald
09-16-15, 03:52 AM
I got lucky and got it right away. I wasn't trying for it but had to breed something with the armadillo for the storybook

SummerNightSky
09-16-15, 07:45 PM
Congratulations to those who have obtained Lambi and good luck to all of us trying for it! I'm taking a break from my Captain K9 hunt to try for Lambi (Rubble Rooster would also be nice).

My attempts (Lv.15 Pyro Pony x Lv.10 Rock Rhino):
1. 12 hours = Armordillo (needed to hatch one for the Storybook so not a bad outcome)
2. 15 hours = Magmacore
3. 13 hours = Rampage
4. 14 hours = Volcamel
5. 12 hours = Armordillo

Lv.12 Armordillo x Lv.10 Pandaffodil
1. 12 hours = Armordillo

Lv.10 Fairy Ferret x Lv.10 Rock Rhino
1. 12 hours = Armordillo

Lv.10 Crystal Unicorn x Lv.15 Armordillo
1. 12 hours = Armordillo
2. 12 hours = Armordillo
3. 12 hours = Armordillo

EDIT: No Lambi for me lol

Drachenia
09-17-15, 07:24 AM
Hello! I have worked with gems accelerated breeding with Bulldog / Pyro Pony got 5x Armordillo, Station Dalmation. Now I have breeding with Crystal Unicorn / Bulldog 12 hours :(
I now get 6x Armordillo and again 14 hours :( not Lambi for me :(

Buttercup0001
09-17-15, 03:20 PM
I got a Lambie when I was trying to breed an Armordillo for the storybook quest. On my 1st try with Rock Rhino and Piro Pony. That is very rare for me to get it on the 1st try.

Drachenia
09-17-15, 03:30 PM
I got a Lambie when I was trying to breed an Armordillo for the storybook quest. On my 1st try with Rock Rhino and Piro Pony. That is very rare for me to get it on the 1st try.

Congratulations for Lambi Buttercup :D I get not Lambi, is so beautiful :(

Buttercup0001
09-17-15, 03:55 PM
Congratulations for Lambi Buttercup :D I get not Lambi, is so beautiful :(

Thanks Drachenia....hopefully you will get a Lambie soon :)

sweetdeda
09-17-15, 04:16 PM

Glad you got it buttercup! Hope everyone that is still trying for it gets it real soon.

Buttercup0001
09-17-15, 06:55 PM
Glad you got it buttercup! Hope everyone that is still trying for it gets it real soon.

Thx sweet :) try for an Armordillo and get a Lambie. If only the service trio was so easily obtained.

RowanaFarrin
09-18-15, 12:56 PM
Congrats to those who have gotten one so far! All armadillos for me, but I did hatch a Magmacore today which I didn't have! ^_^ Have another 12 hour timer coming, maybe this time...

Good luck everyone currently trying!

Sandybellee
09-19-15, 02:33 AM
I'm very happy to say I got the Lambi! So glad not to miss out on this limited beauty! It's a very welcome break from all the fails I've had trying for the Dalmatian.

I actually like it a lot more than any of the service dogs. I do, however, want one of the dogs (I like the Dalmatian the best so will probably keep trying for that one) to be able to use the service element in battle. But time is running out on those soon...

SummerNightSky
09-19-15, 12:47 PM
I'm very happy to say I got the Lambi! So glad not to miss out on this limited beauty! It's a very welcome break from all the fails I've had trying for the Dalmatian.

I actually like it a lot more than any of the service dogs. I do, however, want one of the dogs (I like the Dalmatian the best so will probably keep trying for that one) to be able to use the service element in battle. But time is running out on those soon...
Congratulations on your Lambi! I hope you get that stubborn Dalmatian :)

mrhammy48
09-20-15, 05:16 AM
Got this one. Broke my streak of armodillos. Nice to see something new in the nest for a while.

kuppikahvia
09-20-15, 05:46 AM
I have a Lambi egg in the nest and almost can't believe it. Earth-fire is usually such a bad combo for my forest...
Now I'll try to breed a K9 because that's actually the only dog I really like, whereas I already have 2 Dalmatians even though I didn't even want one in the first place... :( That's Always the way it is, isn't it? I wish I could give them away or something....

ttjle5
09-20-15, 08:00 AM
Hi ! This is my first time actually writing on the thread although I check here often. Just wanted to thank everyone for all the help they have given to me since I started playing this game 6 months ago. This game is so addictive yet frustrating at the same time.
I just finally breed my lambi after countless fails and I got it by using station Dalmatian and captain K9 no less. Now on to trying for my saintly Bernard again hopefully with no more lambi.

meli194
09-20-15, 09:52 AM
I realy like this animal but it's rare and has the feeding costs of a super rare don't think that was ment to be like that, was it?

tuffyjkitten
09-20-15, 08:29 PM
Oh my gosh, I got this with the fairy ferret breed step from the storybook! Fairy ferret and Rock Rhino.

sweetdeda
09-21-15, 03:11 AM
Oh my gosh, I got this with the fairy ferret breed step from the storybook! Fairy ferret and Rock Rhino.

Congrats!

@meli194 as of late many rares have the feeding cost of supers and some supers the cost of ultras, so yes this intentional, just not sure why TL is doing this to us.

Crr008
09-21-15, 04:33 AM
Got this as a fail when trying for the Service trio. Not every sure what combo I used.

chippychan
09-21-15, 05:50 AM
Got this one on my main account during the 'Breed using an Armordillo' step in the story book adventures. I was pretty surprised to see the egg wasn't an Armordillo (of which I had legions). I kind of wish that 'luck' went toward success in breeding the Saintly Bernard which I'm still working on though.

Oh well, happy to get something new anyway. :)

SummerNightSky
09-21-15, 09:59 AM
My attempts (Lv.15 Pyro Pony x Lv.10 Rock Rhino):
1. 12 hours = Armordillo (needed to hatch one for the Storybook so not a bad outcome)
2. 15 hours = Magmacore
3. 13 hours = Rampage
4. 14 hours = Volcamel
5. 12 hours = Armordillo
Lv.12 Armordillo x Lv.10 Pandaffodil
1. 12 hours = Armordillo
Lv.10 Fairy Ferret x Lv.10 Rock Rhino
1. 12 hours = Armordillo
Lv.10 Crystal Unicorn x Lv.15 Armordillo
1. 12 hours = Armordillo
2. 12 hours = Armordillo or Lambi
Haven't had any luck breeding the Lambi so far. If the 12 hour egg currently being produced in my Breeding Garden turns out to be another Armordillo, I'll put in one more attempt and then call it good. Then it'll be breeding Unicorn x Plantlers, for a shot at Captain K9 and Hedgehog and a slim chance at Emerald Dragon, Quartz Quetzalcoatl, and Obsidian Cyclops.

Congrats to the new Lambi owners and best of luck to those still trying for him/her!

Sandybellee
09-22-15, 04:41 AM
Sigh... I now have 3 Lambis but still no Dalmatian.

Well, I just started constructing another earth habitat to place all the Lambis together. At least I will have that special habitat full of deer in different stages of development. :)

SummerNightSky
09-22-15, 09:50 AM
Haven't had any luck breeding the Lambi so far. If the 12 hour egg currently being produced in my Breeding Garden turns out to be another Armordillo, I'll put in one more attempt and then call it good.

My last two attempts at Lambi were both Armordillos. I could have put in one more attempt two hours before the update, but it would have encroached on the last three days to try for Captain K9. Bye Lambi, I guess you just weren't meant to be a resident of my forest lol.

ogreve
09-22-15, 10:27 AM
Wow!
Some mercy was had on me!
My last 12 hour outcome before the update that is upon on was... a Lambi!!! :)
I'm very happy with it! It's a beautiful animal and perhaps it's a bit of redemption from TL for not letting me have any of the Hellhounds. :) :) :)
Not a moment too soon too: I again put the same breeding formula (Quetzlcoatl + Rooster) in the den and got... a 9 hour timer (Plantlers or Flyerfox).

Welcome, Lambi! :)
Now let's find a nice habitat for you....

31aug2002
09-22-15, 10:56 AM
Wow!
Some mercy was had on me!
My last 12 hour outcome before the update that is upon on was... a Lambi!!! :)
I'm very happy with it! It's a beautiful animal and perhaps it's a bit of redemption from TL for not letting me have any of the Hellhounds. :) :) :)
Not a moment too soon too: I again put the same breeding formula (Quetzlcoatl + Rooster) in the den and got... a 9 hour timer (Plantlers or
Flyerfox)

Welcome, Lambi! :)
Now let's find a nice habitat for you....

Congrats.! Happy for you!!
I sped my QUARTZY just to chi what my 12 hr was giving me
As expected another armordillo... :(
Did put in another attempt before time expired. Got another 12 hr
Now just want some info. As I put in my breeding attempt before the Lambi retired . I got a 12 hr timer ... So is there a possibility of me getting the Lambi?

ogreve
09-22-15, 11:01 AM
Congrats.! Happy for you!!
I sped my QUARTZY just to chi what my 12 hr was giving me
As expected another armordillo... :(
Did put in another attempt before time expired. Got another 12 hr
Now just want some info. As I put in my breeding attempt before the Lambi retired . I got a 12 hr timer ... So is there a possibility of me getting the Lambi?

Hi,
Yes there is!
The decisive moment is when you initiate the breeding, that's when the result is already decided, even though in this case you still don't know if it's an Armordillo or the Lambi...
I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's the latter!
Enjoy the Quartz in the meantime! :)

RowanaFarrin
09-22-15, 11:58 AM
Many congrats ogreve! So glad you finally had some luck! ^_^

I'm also waiting for my last 12 hour timer to finish and see if I got some last minute luck. I'll cross my fingers for both of us, 31aug2002!

ogreve
09-23-15, 02:08 AM
Wow!
After an endless chain of K9 fails on my wife's iPhone, last night about an hour before the update time I put in a single earth-fire breeding. 12 hours. This morning I was stunned to see it being the Lambi!

Now... "31aug2002" and "RowanaFarrin": how was your luck? Did you end up getting a last-minute Lambi too, or was it an Armordillo?
(fingers crossed for the former still...)

31aug2002
09-23-15, 02:12 AM
@ ogreve
Very heartbroken . My last attempt also was an armordillo.
I beginning to hate this animal. For no fault of his , he has become villain no. 1 in my forest. :(
Anyway no Lambi for me ... Sigh

Edit: I had put in straight earth / fire combination in the hope of a dalmation.. Got 15 hrs... Which is a magmacore. So a good fail .... After a looong , long time :)

ogreve
09-23-15, 02:20 AM
@ ogreve
Very heartbroken . My last attempt also was an armordillo.
I beginning to hate this animal. For no fault of his , he has become villain no. 1 in my forest. :(
Anyway no Lambi for me ... Sigh

Aaaawwhhh, that's a bummer! Sorry to read that...:(
As for the Armordillo fails: welcome to the club of not-too-pleased-with-Armordillo-fail-breeders. :P
I think there are quite a few members in that club now. ;)
After all the limited earth-fire breeding we've had to do over at least the past half year, many of us are not really excited anymore by the idea of doing limited breeding with that combination.
And... It looks like that new Treasure animal (Prize Pony) that is to be released this Friday will almost certainly also fall in this category, as I fully expect the breeding formula to include the Solar Bear, and quite possibly with the other half being the Pyro Pony (I'm kinda hoping that the other half is something that gives more interesting fails than the fire-earth ones though...).

31aug2002
09-23-15, 02:43 AM
Oh ...if that is the case I will have to start my plan of action to expand to the solar bear.
Also I hope this new animal is not limited .
I think I will give up on the Trio .. And start on 4 element breeding / and treasure animal breeding
My only problem is that I am very low on gems right now and am not able to speed up things( I missed out on the sale, hope to get a pop up soon. I have noticed I get one almost every week. )
My QUARTZY is sleeping in the flower. So once it is out , I will try some combinations with that.

ogreve
09-23-15, 02:52 AM
Well the good news is that the Treasure animal will definitely not be limited, as that would be undoable. I didn't count my attempts at Treasure animals. I can only try for the Money Badger and the Golden Retriever (as I don't have an Ocean Owl yet), but I think I must have tried around 50+ times for each of these animals. If the new Treasure animal is limited, I think the only viable option to get it would be to buy it. I'm quite curious to see what the price will be of the new animal. The Treasure Toucan costs 800 gems, which is a bunch less than the gem animals cost when on sale. The other Treasure animals are far more expensive though. It will of course depend on how many gems it gives per day. I'm kinda hoping that it's a real high roller, having the best gem giving mount of all of the Treasure animals. That will also put a high acquisition cost on it for sure, "helping me" to not get tempted to buy it, not even when it's launched along with a sale for it... If the cost is low, it will become tempting, BUT as I do at least have one Treasure animal, I don't really "need" another one for its element in combat.

Sandybellee
09-23-15, 04:10 AM
Congrats to everyone who got the Lambi and better luck next time to those who didn't! I was trying to make myself feel better about the service (yeah right!) dog disaster by building a habitat for my Lambis and I must say it worked! Seeing them together in their habitat is making me happy. :)

ogreve
09-23-15, 05:02 AM
Congrats to everyone who got the Lambi and better luck next time to those who didn't! I was trying to make myself feel better about the service (yeah right!) dog disaster by building a habitat for my Lambis and I must say it worked! Seeing them together in their habitat is making me happy. :)

Ha ha, that reminds me of my "Diabolical Magmacore Rock" (check the animals' levels to see what I mean) that I got as a "battle scar" from the many fails from the Musical Trio. :)
My principal (epic) Magmacore is housed elsewhere. Interestingly enough this time round the Magmacore is the ONLY earth-fire animal that I didn't get as a fail! :P This time I could have filled a habitat with the three Roosters I got, but there was no vacancy, so I had two let go of two of them.

Someday when I don't have my hands full feeding primary super rares and ultra rares, I'll level the level 6 (and several other animals) up some more. I do like that Magmacore-only habitat though. The only other animal of which I have kept 4 is of the Glacial Griffin. Guess how I got those.... It's probably not difficult to guess... Then there are the three Gold Lions. Whereas I can see myself one day perhaps selling duplicate Magmacores and/or Glacial Griffins, I don't see my Gold Lions going anywhere. In fact, I'm secretly hoping a bit to get a fourth one as a fail from some breeding, so I can have 2 of them in each of the Lava Lagoons. ;)

Anyway, it's good to see you found a way to keep up the spirit! Don't cross over to DS alone...:O

Sandybellee
09-23-15, 08:33 AM
Ha ha, that reminds me of my "Diabolical Magmacore Rock" (check the animals' levels to see what I mean) that I got as a "battle scar" from the many fails from the Musical Trio. :)
My principal (epic) Magmacore is housed elsewhere. Interestingly enough this time round the Magmacore is the ONLY earth-fire animal that I didn't get as a fail! :P This time I could have filled a habitat with the three Roosters I got, but there was no vacancy, so I had two let go of two of them.

Someday when I don't have my hands full feeding primary super rares and ultra rares, I'll level the level 6 (and several other animals) up some more. I do like that Magmacore-only habitat though. The only other animal of which I have kept 4 is of the Glacial Griffin. Guess how I got those.... It's probably not difficult to guess... Then there are the three Gold Lions. Whereas I can see myself one day perhaps selling duplicate Magmacores and/or Glacial Griffins, I don't see my Gold Lions going anywhere. In fact, I'm secretly hoping a bit to get a fourth one as a fail from some breeding, so I can have 2 of them in each of the Lava Lagoons. ;)

Anyway, it's good to see you found a way to keep up the spirit! Don't cross over to DS alone...:O

The magmacores always draw my attention when I visit your forest! For me also it's the only fail I haven't got trying for the Dalmatian. I wouldn't mind another one to keep as a baby - they are so cute! :)

I'm guessing Plutopus fails for the Griffins. :p They really need to do something about these trio events or not do them at all anymore. They should make the first animal common! That way everybody could reasonably get at least one of them.

Don't worry - I'm still way too addicted to stop playing FFS, although maybe I should take a break for future trios... And even at times when the actual game is not fun and simply aggravating, I love our little player community here! You can find so much support and information here and a true sense of community. (Thanks to all for that!) :)

AppieP
05-13-18, 01:50 PM
Got a Lambi egg today with Lullabison and Tubacan.