PDA

View Full Version : The biggest "Gold trap"? IMPATIENCE!

DeeDe99
09-14-15, 09:16 PM
So here I am trying desperately to breed Glitter before the clock runs down. Water and Magic probably have very sore backs by now. In order to give at least one of them a break, on the advice of a fellow-player, I sent Magic on a food quest and let Night have a try.

Of course, all these Wizards and Iridescents that are popping up need somewhere to grow after they hatch but my blue and purple homes are now busting at the seams. There just isn't room for bunks in the back bedroom of these small habitats.

So I expand and clear to make room for a new habitat. I try moving a farm. No can do. Hmmmmmm - OH look! There is a small stone hidden behind the farm. Well, let's get rid of that little blighter blocking my residential development programme. THREE HOURS? Three hours to move a little stone? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! I so, so, so want to pay overtime to the tradies (i.e. push the speed button) to get rid of that stone.

I also want to hit the speed button to see whether Night and Water have produced a Coral or a Glitter. If I speed breed I can perhaps try twice more.

I am resisting, RESISTING, I tell you, the lure of instant gratification.

Would someone tie my hands behind my back please?

pernmagic
09-15-15, 12:54 AM
Patience is the name of the name ..... Unfortunately it's the only way :)

Jewelnan
09-15-15, 01:14 AM
Hah! My partner splashed out on lots of gold for me. I foolishly promised it would last till Xmas........ALAS.... Went by the end of day 2. Not even a dragon dollar left!!!!! Ooooooohhhhhhh😰

DeeDe99
09-15-15, 01:21 AM
Patience is the name of the name ..... Unfortunately it's the only way :)

Sadly, patience has never been one of my virtues! :cool:

DeeDe99
09-15-15, 01:23 AM
Hah! My partner splashed out on lots of gold for me. I foolishly promised it would last till Xmas........ALAS.... Went by the end of day 2. Not even a dragon dollar left!!!!! Ooooooohhhhhhh��

OK - I don't feel so bad now! You are definitely worse than me! Did you at least buy a gold producing dragon with some of it?

Sandybellee
09-15-15, 06:57 AM
Sadly, patience has never been one of my virtues! :cool:

I'm like that too! I'm trying to be good now, but also really wanted Glitter. No speeding so far and 3 Night fails in a row! I need to speed if I want one last chance of it, but maybe I can resist. Maybe something even better comes with the update.

Kennedward
09-15-15, 07:19 AM
Agreed, many times I lost gold cause I pressed it too quickly lol

owa411
09-15-15, 07:20 AM
This is heartwarming: most of the time, when I put money to buy gold, within 4hrs I waste all of my money for gold, and that goes away in about 15 mins... So good to hear I'm not the only impatient one ;)

belarica
09-15-15, 08:43 AM
Good luck! I finally have glitter on the nest :)

DeeDe99
09-15-15, 03:49 PM
I'm like that too! I'm trying to be good now, but also really wanted Glitter. No speeding so far and 3 Night fails in a row! I need to speed if I want one last chance of it, but maybe I can resist. Maybe something even better comes with the update.

Sandybelle - I failed to resist - at the last minute I pushed that darn button and threw together Nightlight and Night (thought they might "need" some glitter) and BINGO - this morning when I got up I popped a Glitter egg on the nest! That was after 3 Corals, 2 Iridescents, 1 Seafarer and 1 Wizard as fails.

DeeDe99
09-15-15, 03:51 PM
Good luck! I finally have glitter on the nest :)

Me too now!

DeeDe99
09-15-15, 03:52 PM
Agreed, many times I lost gold cause I pressed it too quickly lol

This is heartwarming: most of the time, when I put money to buy gold, within 4hrs I waste all of my money for gold, and that goes away in about 15 mins... So good to hear I'm not the only impatient one ;)

We are our own worst enemies!

orleansparish
09-15-15, 03:58 PM
So here I am trying desperately to breed Glitter before the clock runs down. Water and Magic probably have very sore backs by now. In order to give at least one of them a break, on the advice of a fellow-player, I sent Magic on a food quest and let Night have a try.

Of course, all these Wizards and Iridescents that are popping up need somewhere to grow after they hatch but my blue and purple homes are now busting at the seams. There just isn't room for bunks in the back bedroom of these small habitats.

So I expand and clear to make room for a new habitat. I try moving a farm. No can do. Hmmmmmm - OH look! There is a small stone hidden behind the farm. Well, let's get rid of that little blighter blocking my residential development programme. THREE HOURS? Three hours to move a little stone? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! I so, so, so want to pay overtime to the tradies (i.e. push the speed button) to get rid of that stone.

I also want to hit the speed button to see whether Night and Water have produced a Coral or a Glitter. If I speed breed I can perhaps try twice more.

I am resisting, RESISTING, I tell you, the lure of instant gratification.

Would someone tie my hands behind my back please?

I blew through about 300 saved gold every time 23 hours popped up on my quest for dark angel. Gold I badly needed when I couldnt finish the last Art event. On my main island I had about 600 gold saved, but two battles and the last three events knocked it down hugely. Im back up to just around 500 and will keep saving my 30-35 gold per day, to use for the holidays sales.

With four nests im much more patient than ive ever been. Mainly because ive failed miserably to breed these last 3 diamond hybrids and im tired of throwing my gold away. I like the new arena dragon, but wont even waste my time doing it.

I always end up using gold against one or two dragons, due to time and I cant afford to right now.

Kennedward
09-15-15, 04:19 PM
We are our own worst enemies!

lol I doubt it'll end soon, cause the gold spending button is the same place as the original button

Not sure if you guys know what I mean but being in the same place is what causes it to be a gold trap LOL

DeeDe99
09-15-15, 06:30 PM
lol I doubt it'll end soon, cause the gold spending button is the same place as the original button

Not sure if you guys know what I mean but being in the same place is what causes it to be a gold trap LOL

Yes, I know - but that only applies when the action is not deliberate - we are talking deliberate decisions here! LOL

Kennedward
09-15-15, 06:41 PM
Yea I'm talking about that as well LOL

cdbabe
09-16-15, 05:39 PM
You know what I'm accepted the fact that there is no way you be able to get all the dragons here and dragons that you want!! SIMPLY because there will always new one coming out..

For me I reach my point now I happy what I get and what is not... Contented what I have now and if I get it that's great new additional to my collection but if not that's fine too because I know something will out soon...

Chees!!

DeeDe99
09-16-15, 06:04 PM
Yes, CDbabe, you are right - I've just realised I need to get Olympus so I can try to get Athena. Olympus seems to e a "seeding" parent, although can be bred with two Diamonds (I only have one). At least the purchase is coins, not gold. Then I want to breed this, and that, and the next thing.......