PDA

View Full Version : Game always shuts down!

gorgeously_me
09-14-15, 04:21 AM
:mad: The game always shuts down. And it does every time I'm supposed to mine, play in the battlegrounds, or visit a neighbor who are levels 20 and above. Annoying situations include when I mine and found a couple of realm runes tend to be just GONE when the game shuts down, and the explosives I used to mine for those realm runes I got were not recovered just because the game SHUT DOWN. So it's a total waste.
When I play in the battlegrounds and chose an animal to battle the other, THERE ARE NO BUTTONS TO PRESS TO CHOOSE A POWER AND FIGHT THE ENEMY. So I had to shut the game off myself and turn it back on. But when I do, I had to wait another 10 mins just so I could battle again. The thing is I wasn't able to use the stamina I waited for just because the game LAGS A LOT. So in any case, every time the game shuts down, it cannot recover the stamina and explosives you used and the things you won for it just went to waste because they just got lost. So disappointing. :(

Device and game version details: Ipad 5.1.1; Animal Story 1.5

[S8] Elsa
09-14-15, 01:52 PM
Unfortunately, your device meets the minimal requirements for our games and may have performance issues. As you level up, add more items and animations to your board, the game requires more resources from the device. If the device is older or has a lack of resources, it'll cause the game performance to decline.

If your device has multi-tasking, you can free up more resources by closing background apps. You can also try storing some decorations to reduce the amount of images displaying on your game, which may improve performance.

If you have another device you'd prefer to play on and need help transferring, please email support@teamlava.com for assistance.

sweetdeda
09-14-15, 05:21 PM
Elsa;1174049']Unfortunately, your device meets the minimal requirements for our games and may have performance issues. As you level up, add more items and animations to your board, the game requires more resources from the device. If the device is older or has a lack of resources, it'll cause the game performance to decline.

If your device has multi-tasking, you can free up more resources by closing background apps. You can also try storing some decorations to reduce the amount of images displaying on your game, which may improve performance.

If you have another device you'd prefer to play on and need help transferring, please email support@teamlava.com for assistance.

Elsa could you please tell us what device requirements are ideal for the game, it would be very helpful. Thank you.

Tictoclolo
09-15-15, 06:21 PM
Elsa could you please tell us what device requirements are ideal for the game, it would be very helpful. Thank you.

I would like to know too. This question about devices caught my attention and I made some researches. According to his/her post, it seems that gorgeously_me play with a device and an IOS wich are both notify as compatible with the game on its AppStore's description. I play myself on IPad Mini and an IOS 8.1.3 wich are, a priori, compatible too. And nevertheless, we both have this very unpleasant issue. Same thing for me, by the way, with Dragon Story. So, I'm a little bit perplexed... Especially as on one game as on the other one, problem curiously started and seems becoming worst after certain updates...

bestmenolly
09-17-15, 08:38 AM
I've also have crashing issues. This morning i had to restart over 20 times and still had to restart my ipad for it to work. I closed all other apps and have few decor out. Still crashes everytime i get in. I have no issues with dragon Story. I hope this is something they can fix - it's very frustrating. I dont plan to upgrade a device, which works fine for me with everything else i do, just for one game, so i hope it's not a device issue.

kooky panda
09-17-15, 09:25 AM
:mad:
Device and game version details: Ipad 5.1.1; Animal Story 1.5
Try updating your apple software on your Ipad.

SilverStormDragon
09-23-15, 06:56 AM
I have the same issue as the OP on both my iPhone 4s, and my iPad mini. Both are running ios9 and no other apps at the time and I have about 4gb storage remaining on iPad, 3 on phone. I only have habitats and farms, little in the way of decor. Don't have a bottomless pit of money to buy new devices, so I guess the only option is to delete the game on both devices and not bother playing. Hell, mine even crashes on the multitude of ad screens you have to click through before you even get access to your stuff! Dragon Story occasionally does the same but not as often. Once it gets to be as frequent as FFS I will have to delete that too.

Tiamat68
09-24-15, 08:39 PM
Well, I sure would like someone to explain why the game crashes after I've mined. When I come back on, the bomb I've used is always gone, but the realm runes I've earned are gone also. I just used a bomb, got three realm runes, and the game crashed. This has happened any number of times of late. I figure at this point I've wasted about 10 bombs because I use them, get the runes, then get a crash which takes the runes and the bombs. It's especially frustrating when I've found 3 runes, leave the mines, and "boom," crash. I honestly love this game. The animals are all different and worth trying for. I don't mind spending real money to get gems to use. But bombs are not easy to get in quantity and realm runes even more so. So losing them is quite frustrating.

mraguia
10-04-15, 08:58 AM
Mined 2 runes, tried to expand & it crashed. Re-started game & lost both runes & the bomb. Mined again, got 2 runes tried to expand and crashed. Re-started game and again lost both runes and the bomb. So I've lost 4 runes. Playing on Ipod Touch 5 game & software fully up to date.

Doompicnic
10-06-15, 07:52 AM
I crash a lot too. It seems every other time I open the app it crashes! Very annoying.

And I just got a newer iPad!

sweetypies97
10-08-15, 01:20 PM
I have lost so many runes and bombs and now I've lost my expansion. On my other game I can't make any progress and it is really frustrating! Thank goodness I take screenshots of everything!

[S8] Regina
10-08-15, 03:50 PM
I have lost so many runes and bombs and now I've lost my expansion. On my other game I can't make any progress and it is really frustrating! Thank goodness I take screenshots of everything!

Sorry about that! Can you please try closing any background apps you may have running? This should free up some resources and improve the performance of your game. In addition, please make sure your phone has enough storage space to run games.

If you still need assistance, please email support@storm8.com. Hope this helps!

sweetypies97
10-08-15, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. I didn't have any background apps running and the iPad has heaps of space. I will contact support, but they have not been able to help previously :(

sweetypies97
10-09-15, 01:22 AM
Mine too :(

mason1124
10-09-15, 04:05 AM
Been trying for 2 hours to get into my forest crashes every time on home page

fattom19
10-09-15, 12:59 PM
I've had the same problem I thought it was just my Internet connection and was actually going to call my cable provider and complain, im glad I saw this first, but its very frustrating the game wint stay open for more than a minute

jim23cash
10-09-15, 03:12 PM
Mine is still requiring me to uninstall and download app, then reinstall every time I play. And it crashes multiple times while I'm playing, including while mining, or just moving around. Every time, reinstall! It's ridiculous what I go thru to actually play this game. I keep hoping they will do something similar to what they did in Dragon Story. It used to be like this, but now it's even bigger, and not as glitchy.

Buttercup0001
10-09-15, 06:09 PM
My game crashes constantly. I've lost count of all the bombs and runes I've lost. Game seems to crash when mining, collecting coins, farming and when visiting the community or neighbors. Also noticed when mining, I tap on the screen to place the bomb, then there is a delay when the bombs explodes, then the game crashes. IPhone 4s and all up to date and memory is all good. Could this be looked into, as I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by all players.

19sparkles96
10-12-15, 02:27 PM
I've been playing on iPad mini 1 (A5 processor) and my wife on iPod (5th gen). In FFS I'm level 45 with over 4,000,000 XP and 74 habitats. We've both had terrible issues with crashes (usually during mining,arghh) and lagginess over the past 6 months. Both are updated to IOS 9.0.2 with memory cleared often. I have Charter Cable "60 mbps" service which gets flaky in evening so I will switch to my Verizon 4G LTE hotspot. Since I upgraded us both to the new iPad Mini 4 (A8X processor with motion coprocessor & more RAM) we are in BLISS! Everything runs fast and as smooth as butter. This iPad was built with multitasking in mind.I am able to run both Fantasy Story and Dragon Story at the same time and seamlessly switch between the two. I timed myself, and with both DS & FFS running, in DS I was able to collect tips from all 143 habitats in 56 seconds. I started playing originally on Samsung Galaxy Nexus (1ghz dual core processor & 1 GB ram) and DS was very laggy. On my new LG G4 (6 core processor & 3GB ram) DS also plays smoothly (though my phone gets warm). To enjoy these games at higher levels I recommend upgrading your device to similar levels.

HHT2013
10-12-15, 04:57 PM
My game crashes constantly. I've lost count of all the bombs and runes I've lost. Game seems to crash when mining, collecting coins, farming and when visiting the community or neighbors. Also noticed when mining, I tap on the screen to place the bomb, then there is a delay when the bombs explodes, then the game crashes. IPhone 4s and all up to date and memory is all good. Could this be looked into, as I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by all players.

Having this exact problem!  losing countless bombs and runes! Does anyone at TL knows what going on! If I make it out of the dungeon I try to visit a nbr so the runes number are saved but the game is crashing WHILE mining and all runes found in that session are gone! Come on TL do something!!!!!!!!! Lost of space, no background apps on my iPad when playing so please don't suggest useless non-fixes! It didn't use to do this, couple upgrades later��

19sparkles96
10-12-15, 07:39 PM
I've been playing on iPad mini 1 (A5 processor) and my wife on iPod (5th gen). In FFS I'm level 45 with over 4,000,000 XP and 74 habitats. We've both had terrible issues with crashes (usually during mining,arghh) and lagginess over the past 6 months. Both are updated to IOS 9.0.2 with memory cleared often. I have Charter Cable "60 mbps" service which gets flaky in evening so I will switch to my Verizon 4G LTE hotspot. Since I upgraded us both to the new iPad Mini 4 (A8X processor with motion coprocessor & more RAM) we are in BLISS! Everything runs fast and as smooth as butter. This iPad was built with multitasking in mind.I am able to run both Fantasy Story and Dragon Story at the same time and seamlessly switch between the two. I timed myself, and with both DS & FFS running, in DS I was able to collect tips from all 143 habitats in 56 seconds. I started playing originally on Samsung Galaxy Nexus (1ghz dual core processor & 1 GB ram) and DS was very laggy. On my new LG G4 (6 core processor & 3GB ram) DS also plays smoothly (though my phone gets warm). To enjoy these games at higher levels I recommend upgrading your device to similar levels. Your devices' main processor, graphics processor, and RAM memory (Not the storage memory) are the most critical factors,

sweetypies97
10-13-15, 12:26 PM
Regina;1186784']Sorry about that! Can you please try closing any background apps you may have running? This should free up some resources and improve the performance of your game. In addition, please make sure your phone has enough storage space to run games.

If you still need assistance, please email support@storm8.com. Hope this helps!

How long will it take them to reply? I sent an email last week.

infinitelove19
10-13-15, 05:37 PM
My iPad mini (9.0.2) is also crashing like nobody's business. Can barely even open my game, let alone visit neighbors. FFS is much worse than other S8 games....?

19sparkles96
10-13-15, 06:38 PM
Unfortunately, the only real fix is more brute processing power. As an example, my new LG G4 (6 core processor & 3GB of RAM) will play my DS (143 habitats & 407 dragons) smoothly, where my old phone (Galaxy Nexus with Dual core 1 Ghz processor & 1GB RAM) was leggy as hell. And the LG G4 still gets very warm running just Dragon Story, a testament to how hard the processor is working to render all those moving graphics.

infinitelove19
10-13-15, 07:46 PM
Unfortunately, the only real fix is more brute processing power. As an example, my new LG G4 (6 core processor & 3GB of RAM) will play my DS (143 habitats & 407 dragons) smoothly, where my old phone (Galaxy Nexus with Dual core 1 Ghz processor & 1GB RAM) was leggy as hell. And the LG G4 still gets very warm running just Dragon Story, a testament to how hard the processor is working to render all those moving graphics.

Good to know the game works if we all buy the newest & best device... but surely there is something S8 can do on their end???
Do they really expect us to buy new devices every year to play their games? And it only seems to be FFS that crashes so badly right now.
I've also reached the point where I need to delete & reinstall the game several times a day, despite having plenty of space & not running any other apps simultaneously. Last time I downloaded the app, it took about 20 minutes to install. That just isn't right.

Edited to add that I deleted my game an hour ago, been re-installing since. AN HOUR, and it still isn't downloaded.

sweetypies97
10-14-15, 01:03 PM
How long will it take them to reply? I sent an email last week.

I got a reply a couple of hours after my post, thanks! A generic copy&paste from the forums, which was completely irrelevant to me and my game was totally super. The wait was so worth it.

sweetypies97
10-14-15, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. I didn't have any background apps running and the iPad has heaps of space. I will contact support, but they have not been able to help previously :(

At least they're consistent, I guess?!