PDA

View Full Version : BS Update & S8 Games - Android

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
09-12-15, 09:20 AM
So, Android players have been waiting over a month for the update, 6 gem offer, only to continually get random other game offers. Why is S8 offering rip-offs of their own games? Seems like a complete waste of developer's time, imo. This last one is exactly like Bubble Mania, even the levels are the same, but I'll admit the seal is cuter. Then, we also had the update to Monopoly Bingo, which I play, that added nothing to the game, it literally just changed the title screen and colors?! Can't they at least focus on updating BS so it's more like the IOS version, or add back the option to unlock old goals (even for gems), or take some of the IOS only games and convert them to Android? There is a fantasy forest (forget actual name, that might be it?) I would play in a heartbeat! Rant over... puts away soap box. Hands it off to next person.

mariarenee83
09-12-15, 11:13 AM
Ikr than they need to work on the gift lists select all goals n more gems. Also I be seeing the same old cash Register brown color too much they need to change r add different color register. We need more space on the wall post n the game emoji showing squares also we want our Avatar clothes changes.

deekathleen
09-12-15, 11:57 AM
So, Android players have been waiting over a month for the update, 6 gem offer, only to continually get random other game offers. Why is S8 offering rip-offs of their own games? Seems like a complete waste of developer's time, imo. This last one is exactly like Bubble Mania, even the levels are the same, but I'll admit the seal is cuter. Then, we also had the update to Monopoly Bingo, which I play, that added nothing to the game, it literally just changed the title screen and colors?! Can't they at least focus on updating BS so it's more like the IOS version, or add back the option to unlock old goals (even for gems), or take some of the IOS only games and convert them to Android? There is a fantasy forest (forget actual name, that might be it?) I would play in a heartbeat! Rant over... puts away soap box. Hands it off to next person.

Add back? Did there use to be an option to unlock old goals?

Yes I agree, devote some modicum of effort into the story games.

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
09-12-15, 02:28 PM
Add back? Did there use to be an option to unlock old goals?

Yes I agree, devote some modicum of effort into the story games.

Not that I know of, I phrased that incorrectly, I should have said add the option to unlock old goals for new players.

deekathleen
09-12-15, 02:47 PM
Not that I know of, I phrased that incorrectly, I should have said add the option to unlock old goals for new players.

Ah okay lol

orleansparish
09-12-15, 04:48 PM
Storm8 releases what works for them and not for us. We play if we like it, we ignore the games if we don't. Those mania games bring in tons of money for them, so why should they not release them? I could care less for them personally, but they have the ability to gain me 60 free gems on some games and 12 on the others. What's not to like?

Same with all the inane amount of new versions releases for bs, FS and RS. I hate them, especially since they are purposefully having the download goals for gems come months later. But thankfully I don't play on android so I can wait. But if you are an android player you have to figure out if those six gems are worth it, as opposed to getting new content when it arrives. Those six gems don't make or break the game. You can earn gems from cooking.

But I do agree that they could add more content to the games. Instead of cheap money grabs. Overall, they are a company and companies need to make money. Those mania threads are bare compare to the ones with the story games. But people spend huge amounts of money just to be able to pop a bunch of annoying bubbles, balloons or free whining animals.

Bakerling
09-14-15, 08:43 AM
Sometimes I ask myself. Is it worth to wait for free 6 gems to install the game? iOS user got those games installed long time ago and android users don't get any. Should android users go and get a IOS device to solve this problem?

deekathleen
09-14-15, 09:06 AM
Sometimes I ask myself. Is it worth to wait for free 6 gems to install the game? iOS user got those games installed long time ago and android users don't get any. Should android users go and get a IOS device to solve this problem?

Well I personally am not going to spend 500 dollars on a phone or an iPad to play these games.

sleepygs
09-14-15, 10:38 AM
Well I personally am not going to spend 500 dollars on a phone or an iPad to play these games.

Realize that you can play on any iPod touch as well, significantly cheaper, but I don't think anyone should be buying a device for a "free to pay" game alone! That's crazy!

twospoons
09-14-15, 11:18 PM
When it was last time to upgrade, I considered switching to ios just because of these games. Then I realized that was nuts and bought android again.

deekathleen
09-15-15, 04:10 AM
I looked up those iPod touches, for me personally,even it is too expensive. The way I abuse phones it would be broke in a week lol

myferngardens
09-15-15, 07:28 AM
Since the 2012 halloween version updates automatically, I don't mind waiting for gems. I just open up the Halloween version when I want to access the newest update content. However, in a perfect nonS8 world, S8 would give us the prompt sooner. Waiting 6 weeks and switching between versions is obnoxious.

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
09-18-15, 06:10 AM
Yet another week - I've lost count - and we get Dragon Story offer.

Bakerling
09-18-15, 09:26 AM

I installed this game and get free 6 gems today ;)

LalaSmooth
09-18-15, 10:17 AM

I installed this game and get free 6 gems today ;)
I got that and had a goal to reach level 7 in BS2/Home story 2

orleansparish
09-18-15, 11:16 AM
I got that and had a goal to reach level 7 in BS2/Home story 2

Same here. I found the way to download it the other day and on my 2nd bakery its specifically calling the game "bakery story 2".

Which means its definitely coming to the States under the storm8 moniker. Its just that right now its full of bugs, lags and sucks overall, so theyre hiding it in another country, under another name, to try to disassociate themselves from it at the moment. I cant even see the majority of the items and every customer looks to be carrying a box instead of food.

Im just happy for this new addition. Between my FINALLY reaching the 6th island on bubble, this and solitaire on my ipad, this will be a good week for me and all five of my accounts. Because I refuse to spend any money right now still.

twospoons
09-18-15, 11:36 AM
glad to get a download goal that did not involve popping things! i thought i might have stuck with playing the regular bubble mania game when i got the goal on my baby account, but between leveling up in that and then leveling up in polar pop on both accounts, i am popped out. thank goodness for dragon story.

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
09-22-15, 09:31 AM
glad to get a download goal that did not involve popping things! i thought i might have stuck with playing the regular bubble mania game when i got the goal on my baby account, but between leveling up in that and then leveling up in polar pop on both accounts, i am popped out. thank goodness for dragon story.

I'm so addicted to Polar Pop now. Stupid game. Stuck on level 36.

Bakerling
09-25-15, 01:58 AM

Polar Pop is a cute game. I have finally reach the Island 8 and manage to get 3 gems for reaching Island 8 which is level 43.

Bakerling
09-25-15, 04:29 AM
I get free 6 gems for install the game - Jewel Mania Halloween

LalaSmooth
09-25-15, 06:05 AM
The only worst thing about that game is that it takes 5 HOURS to refill the energy!!!

lauraleighashby
09-25-15, 09:52 AM
The only worst thing about that game is that it takes 5 HOURS to refill the energy!!!

And that even if you beat a level but only with one star, you lose a life anyway.

Bakerling
09-25-15, 10:08 AM
And that even if you beat a level but only with one star, you lose a life anyway.

Yes, the game is time consuming. We need to be patient for the energy to refill.

Bakerling
09-25-15, 10:16 AM
Polar Pop is a cute game. I have finally reach the Island 8 and manage to get 3 gems for reaching Island 8 which is level 43.

For this Polar Pop. It is not easy to reach island 8. When I finally reach island 7 normally will go to island 8. But it said I need 2 more stars then can unlock to to island 8 if not use 20 gems to unlock to go island 8. So luckily I have gems to unlock. I managed to get 3 gems for Bakers Story.

LalaSmooth
09-25-15, 11:17 AM
How do you know you've reached island 6 in Jewel Mania? I'm on level 31 btw

orleansparish
09-25-15, 11:28 AM

I know! And I never even liked those types of games. Like bubble mania. I FINALLY reached the 6th island and found myself playing until I got to the 12th. But with these fall items on sale (which I love) I am going to be broke....broke you hear me...Baroque!!!

Bakerling
09-25-15, 12:46 PM
I know! And I never even liked those types of games. Like bubble mania. I FINALLY reached the 6th island and found myself playing until I got to the 12th. But with these fall items on sale (which I love) I am going to be broke....broke you hear me...Baroque!!!

I know the fall items are attractive and I love many of them. There are 35 items in total. Too many items to choose from. I can only buy items that cost coins. I need to save up my gems.

Bakerling
09-25-15, 12:48 PM
Classic Fall Decorations

24238 LEFT 12 days time to buy.

twospoons
09-25-15, 03:50 PM
really thought this would be the week BS sugar & spice would get released. oh well! more gems for black friday! (or for fall sale)

if you don't want to zoom out and count islands, there are 6 levels per island. so whichever multiple of 6 comes next (the last level on that island), that's where you are! in your case, next multiple is 36, so you're on 6.

i finished the necessary levels on main account, still need to get there on baby account. there were a couple levels that took me like 7-8 lives to just get past them, and sometimes i blew a bunch of lives on trying to complete the goals too, just to see if i could.

i mostly couldn't.

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
09-25-15, 09:06 PM
really thought this would be the week BS sugar & spice would get released. oh well! more gems for black friday! (or for fall sale)

if you don't want to zoom out and count islands, there are 6 levels per island. so whichever multiple of 6 comes next (the last level on that island), that's where you are! in your case, next multiple is 36, so you're on 6.

i finished the necessary levels on main account, still need to get there on baby account. there were a couple levels that took me like 7-8 lives to just get past them, and sometimes i blew a bunch of lives on trying to complete the goals too, just to see if i could.

i mostly couldn't.

I made it to island 7 and I'm stuck, lol!

Bakerling
09-28-15, 01:16 PM

Attached all the islands in the Jewel Mania. I have reached Level 59 at Island 10.

Bakerling
09-28-15, 01:19 PM

I am stuck at Level 60 at island 10.

twospoons
09-28-15, 02:09 PM

finally made it to 8 last night on second account, whew! sometimes i swear you're right at the end and only need one more ball of a certain color and the game purposefully withholds it just to drive you crazy.

For this Polar Pop. It is not easy to reach island 8. When I finally reach island 7 normally will go to island 8. But it said I need 2 more stars then can unlock to to island 8 if not use 20 gems to unlock to go island 8. So luckily I have gems to unlock. I managed to get 3 gems for Bakers Story.

i had that problem. i just went way back to the very easy beginning island and anywhere i didn't have 3 stars played again until i got those few extra stars i needed to unlock island 8.

Bakerling
09-29-15, 05:22 AM
finally made it to 8 last night on second account, whew! sometimes i swear you're right at the end and only need one more ball of a certain color and the game purposefully withholds it just to drive you crazy.

i had that problem. i just went way back to the very easy beginning island and anywhere i didn't have 3 stars played again until i got those few extra stars i needed to unlock island 8.

Oh how come I never think of that. I forget to play at other level and instead I use 20 gems to reach island 8. Luckily the game only want us to reach Island 8 lol.

kjbrogren
10-03-15, 01:28 PM
Did anyone using Android get a pop up to download Farm Story 2? I read on another thread that someone got a goal pop up yest. and got 6 gems for downloading.... I havent gotten a goal pop to download any other games for 2 weeks.

Im still using BS Double Rainbow and RS Summer Camp. I know theres been a few other verisions since their release, but I was trying to wait for the goal to download.

twospoons
10-03-15, 02:58 PM
Did anyone using Android get a pop up to download Farm Story 2? I read on another thread that someone got a goal pop up yest. and got 6 gems for downloading.... I havent gotten a goal pop to download any other games for 2 weeks.

Im still using BS Double Rainbow and RS Summer Camp. I know theres been a few other verisions since their release, but I was trying to wait for the goal to download.

I'm still waiting too! I don't care how long it takes, the new content wasn't so fabulous that I need it right this minute.

As for FS2, if you played it last time it was a download goal, you won't get the goal this time. But you didn't get one for Jewel Mania Halloween either?

kjbrogren
10-04-15, 06:23 AM
As for FS2, if you played it last time it was a download goal, you won't get the goal this time. But you didn't get one for Jewel Mania Halloween either?

No I never received a goal for Jewel Mania Halloween... Usually I get a goal but haven't for a few weeks.

Bakerling
10-04-15, 11:46 AM
No I never received a goal for Jewel Mania Halloween... Usually I get a goal but haven't for a few weeks.

Me too. Recently have no goal for 2 weeks.

storm8id916
10-10-15, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know how I can block those pop up ads for those other games?

Bakerling
10-10-15, 10:06 AM
I installed Candy Blast Mania Halloween and got 6 free gems for download the game

Rynetory2
10-10-15, 02:05 PM

I don't think you can block those pop ups.

twospoons
10-13-15, 12:31 AM
Dragon Story: Halloween! On a tuesday!

At this point, I'm just installing as quickly as I can, mostly to get rid of the billboards that won't stay dismissed. Just one of 5000 ways they remind you there's another game they'd like us to help make seem popular.

deekathleen
10-13-15, 08:20 AM
Dragon Story: Halloween! On a tuesday!

At this point, I'm just installing as quickly as I can, mostly to get rid of the billboards that won't stay dismissed. Just one of 5000 ways they remind you there's another game they'd like us to help make seem popular.

Lol I do that all the time. Went around one day posting Tuesday tips to only discover afterwards it was Wednesday.

twospoons
10-23-15, 01:42 PM
and look, another week, another debacle.

irishbaker3
11-09-15, 05:14 PM
Ok can someone tell me what version android should be playing? Im still on Rainbow and I have not had any goals to download a newer version of BS since. Also Im using Summer Camp in RS! Lol did I miss something? Thanks in advance

lauraleighashby
11-09-15, 05:28 PM
Ok can someone tell me what version android should be playing? Im still on Rainbow and I have not had any goals to download a newer version of BS since. Also Im using Summer Camp in RS! Lol did I miss something? Thanks in advance

The only version still available on Google Play is the original or base version. All others have been removed have been removed. And the content that was in them won't be available to you, even the Orchard that was just released last month.

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
11-11-15, 02:43 AM

If you install them, open them once, you get 6 free gems. Why do you want to block them?

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
11-11-15, 02:43 AM
The only version still available on Google Play is the original or base version. All others have been removed have been removed. And the content that was in them won't be available to you, even the Orchard that was just released last month.

Orchard Fest

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
11-11-15, 02:49 AM
Me too. Recently have no goal for 2 weeks.

Goals are once a month. Games for gems are every Friday. You should get them, unless you've already installed the game before or you're not running the latest version. Since they've removed all past Bakery Story apps from Google Play, don't count on a pop-up ever, because there will be no way to install it. Also, any content in the previous releases aren't carried over into new ones, unless you installed each and every expansion. So, you'll be missing content when you do update. New ovens, etc.

pcabral03
11-13-15, 10:55 PM
I saw that both Bakery Story "Sugar and Spice" and "Orchard Fest" versions were removed from Google Play Store for Android. My question is did anyone ever receive a gem goal pop up to download, before they were removed? Seems like those versions weren't out that long before they were removed ?!?!

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
11-14-15, 12:02 AM
I saw that both Bakery Story "Sugar and Spice" and "Orchard Fest" versions were removed from Google Play Store for Android. My question is did anyone ever receive a gem goal pop up to download, before they were removed? Seems like those versions weren't out that long before they were removed ?!?!

No. Also, I didn't get any game for gems today. Anyone else?

pcabral03
11-14-15, 01:39 AM

I didn't get one today, but I don't always on Friday. I figure maybe it's because maybe a game I already downloaded in the past.

LalaSmooth
11-14-15, 01:53 AM

Nope I didn't either

deekathleen
11-14-15, 07:32 AM
I got one for castle story, but as usual my device is not compatible. Apparently I'm playing on a word processor from the 1980s or something.

pcabral03
12-01-15, 02:18 AM
Current S8 game for gems download I got today, hopefully everyone's device is compatible.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah122/pcabral031/Screenshot_20151201-000751_zpsi1ua5ihx_edit_1448960908817.png_zpsqgpy5 wzu.jpeg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/pcabral031/media/Screenshot_20151201-000751_zpsi1ua5ihx_edit_1448960908817.png_zpsqgpy5 wzu.jpeg.html)
http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah122/pcabral031/Screenshot_20151201-000730_zpsxvvqg29e_edit_1448960541442.png_zps8ugoq lcu.jpeg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/pcabral031/media/Screenshot_20151201-000730_zpsxvvqg29e_edit_1448960541442.png_zps8ugoq lcu.jpeg.html)http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah122/pcabral031/Screenshot_20151201-000709_zpsbrjylnew_edit_1448958240411.png_zpstgajd djo.jpeg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/pcabral031/media/Screenshot_20151201-000709_zpsbrjylnew_edit_1448958240411.png_zpstgajd djo.jpeg.html)