PDA

View Full Version : Free gift icon in game

cyndora
09-11-15, 11:14 AM
when i first load the game, i see on the left side of the screen free gift? but then it's gone? am i bugged or something or it did not start yet? am i blind and missing something?

PikaSquirrel
09-11-15, 01:28 PM
There is an issue where older devices may see the icon for the feature briefly in the beginning when loading the game. If you see the icon disappear after a few seconds, this means the feature is not available you to you at the moment. Thanks for your patience while we look into this issue.

parlski
09-11-15, 03:57 PM
older devices :( I was wondering when my iPad 3rd gen was going to "hit the wall"

cyndora
09-11-15, 04:04 PM
thank you for that information :)

midgetsocks
09-11-15, 05:38 PM
I have this issue as well, on an older iPad. I do want to upgrade to a newer version, so this is just another thing pushing me in that direction.:rolleyes:

labsandboxers
09-12-15, 01:35 PM
Anyone else getting the free gift icon and it disappears before you can click on it?

ShibuyaCloth
09-12-15, 02:20 PM
I could used it. But after a couple of uses (maybe 10 times) it disappear. It gives +1 energy per video watched.

meme1098
09-12-15, 02:43 PM
A post by Pika above:

There is an issue where older devices may see the icon for the feature briefly in the beginning when loading the game. If you see the icon disappear after a few seconds, this means the feature is not available you to you at the moment. Thanks for your patience while we look into this issue.

So they're looking into it but it's the weekend so no ones around until Monday, Pacific time.

FlowerBurst
09-12-15, 04:54 PM

I am playing on an iPad Air (2). When the game loads with the cover photo, there is a brief moment when I get a glimpse of the icon, but it does not appear once my kingdom loads. If I am quick enough, I can open it and it will appear on my kingdom page, right in front of my messages, but it cannot be activated.

KadeeDid
09-12-15, 05:00 PM
Anyone else getting the free gift icon and it disappears before you can click on it?

Just started getting this with latest update.

meme1098
09-12-15, 05:33 PM
Just started getting this with latest update.

See Pika's post above. It's being 'looked' into.

EBJW
09-12-15, 10:43 PM
In all the discussions here and in the piggy-thread I read nothing about why...?!

Why are there so many differences in this gifts? I mean:
- why does one get gems and the other energy?
- why does one get max 3 gems a day, and someone else max 8?
- same for energy: I read someone gets 1 per ad, me myself 2?

Some (and me) thought the gem-offer and energy-offer would alternate, but I have the 2-energy from the start and it hasn't changed, and as far as I know it it hasn't changed for anyone.
And that wouldn't explain the amount-differences.

Should it change, but isn't it working properly yet? Is it random?
Will we get a different offer whatsoever? And if not: how come the differences?

???
SpritWind, can you please please find out?
Your wish has been granted! It might take a few days though given its the weekend.... :) SW

Thanx, SW!! :o

mreames
09-13-15, 07:26 AM
older devices :( I was wondering when my iPad 3rd gen was going to "hit the wall"

Lmao.... I wondered when my iPad 4 HD with retina display became an "older device", too. It may not be the absolute latest technology but pretty sure it wouldn't be considered an older device.

ShibuyaCloth
09-13-15, 08:01 AM
Lmao.... I wondered when my iPad 4 HD with retina display became an "older device", too. It may not be the absolute latest technology but pretty sure it wouldn't be considered an older device.

Well my iPad 1 never saw the icon :)
And my iPhone 4 has the feature very active!

coolssp
09-14-15, 01:32 AM
Can someone look into the discrepancy between rewards of free gift? EBJW has raised valid questions - I've been getting 2 energy for watching videos and although I appreciate it, I want gems as I'm going to fall short on magic fruit.

moizad
09-14-15, 01:59 AM
Is it another "ios only" feature ?

I'm beginning to be by this inequality between players :( :mad:

EBJW
09-14-15, 09:48 PM
No answer yet about the ins and outs, SpiritWind...?

SpiritWind00
09-15-15, 12:12 AM
S8 have advised the following: The rewards from the Free Gift videos are at random. Some players will receive Gems and some will receive Energy. This feature also is not available to everyone yet.

EBJW
09-15-15, 01:50 AM
S8 have advised the following: The rewards from the Free Gift videos are at random. Some players will receive Gems and some will receive Energy. This feature also is not available to everyone yet.

That tells us nothing new, we already suspected that.... :rolleyes:

Now we're still left with questions... (why, will it change, and if so when, and so on...).

Personally I think it's mighty unfair some people get gems and others energy....

SpiritWind00
09-15-15, 03:40 AM
We should be able to get more details when whatever issue that is still being fixed is completed. I guess we wait...:)

EBJW
09-15-15, 05:23 AM
We should be able to get more details when whatever issue that is still being fixed is completed. I guess we wait...:)

Waiting: not my strongest point :rolleyes:
(especially with this for me new event-style, I prefer to go go go :cool:)

Korlcek
09-15-15, 06:49 AM
I guess the random generator is broken, because all I've got so far is energy.

matrixkitten
09-15-15, 12:12 PM
Every single gift has yielded 1 energy for me so far.

Has anyone who purchased gems in the recent past gotten a gem as gift from this video watching offer? I'm curious if gems are not being gifted to those who already buy them.

mreames
09-15-15, 12:18 PM
I guess the random generator is broken, because all I've got so far is energy.

I suspect what they mean by random is..... Some players will always get gems, some players will always get energy and some players don't get anything. I fall in the latter. Lol I also never get gem sales except for the few when everyone gets the same sale like Black Friday.

EBJW
09-15-15, 01:29 PM
Every single gift has yielded 1 energy for me so far.

Has anyone who purchased gems in the recent past gotten a gem as gift from this video watching offer? I'm curious if gems are not being gifted to those who already buy them.

I've never paid.
I get 2 energy per video.

nikkimommy2014
09-15-15, 04:15 PM
So my free gift video works fine but I only get a free gift for energy every day while others get one for gem. How is that good for the games economy? Shouldn't it alternate or something?

coolssp
09-15-15, 10:57 PM

Any idea on waiting time? Most of us will need gems now to complete this ever :-) since the start of this event I've got energy and I would love gems (as would other players) :-)

nessa005
09-16-15, 10:37 AM
Any idea on waiting time? Most of us will need gems now to complete this ever :-) since the start of this event I've got energy and I would love gems (as would other players) :-)

My pop up for the video still doesn't stay on long enough to to click it.....still waiting for a fix?

PikaSquirrel
09-16-15, 10:55 AM
My pop up for the video still doesn't stay on long enough to to click it.....still waiting for a fix?

Sorry we're still looking into this issue. If the video disappears after the game fully loads, this means the feature is not available to you at the moment.

kellbell710
09-16-15, 07:08 PM
Watched 3 videos and received nothing but then force closed the game and when It started back, I had 6 more energy :)

pongkay
09-16-15, 07:52 PM
No icon video, nothing to watch! :confused: Paging SW! Please fix?

kellbell710
09-16-15, 08:54 PM
Watched 3 videos and received nothing but then force closed the game and when It started back, I had 6 more energy :)

Well I take back what I said. I didn't receive any gift energy. My game seem to set itself back 6 moves. I had just collected from my Bountiful Table and received a Spicy Feast, when I redid the 6 moves I got a Simple Feast :(.

kooky panda
09-17-15, 10:15 AM
No icon video, nothing to watch! :confused: Paging SW! Please fix?

This feature is only available for a few games at this time.