PDA

View Full Version : Answered Game Closes While Playing

awesomejujubeans
09-11-15, 06:58 AM
I have an Android 4.4.2 device, and the game closes constantly when I play. I have to reload the game completely each time. Not sure if it is my device, which is up to date, or the client. Bakery, Restaurant, and Fashion Story all run without problems.

ebils
09-11-15, 02:37 PM
Hi awesomejujubeans. You may be able to temporarily correct this issue by trying the following steps. **Please note, it is possible not all devices may be optimal to run our games and will experience issue.**

1) First, you can try force-closing the app and starting it again.

2) If this doesn't help, or your device doesn't support multitasking, turn off (power down) your device, turn it back on, and restart the app.

3) Try deleting the application, then download the latest version of the App and reinstall it. This will not affect or remove your game data, since it is saved on our servers.

4) Force closing all background apps. Apps running in the background may exhaust resources and can cause performance issues in other apps. Please try closing out applications that are running in the background and clearing your device's cache. This should free up some resources, which may improve the performance of your game(s).

jim23cash
09-11-15, 03:31 PM
Just exactly what devices ARE optimal to run your games? I got an iPad specifically to play S8/TL games less than a year ago, and all of my S8/TL games are having performance issues. I've had to delete 4 or more games and their data, and it still is happening. I have about 5 now that I play daily, and they all crash.
I was under the impression that your games were optimized for Apple devices. Could someone please give us some specifics? Thank you, Annie

ebils
09-11-15, 03:49 PM
Hi jim23cash. Unfortunately, your iPad2 device meets the minimal requirements for our games and may have performance issues. As you level up, add more items and animations to your board, the game requires more resources from the device. If the device is older or has a lack of resources, it'll cause the game performance to decline.

You may be able to improve game performance by closing down background apps to free up more resources.

ladybugrentals
09-11-15, 03:49 PM
I too am having issues with game shutting down
Uninstalled
Reinstalled
Closed in task manager
Started n restarted device
Not too good when trying to complete goal

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 02:54 AM
Hi jim23cash. Unfortunately, your iPad2 device meets the minimal requirements for our games and may have performance issues. As you level up, add more items and animations to your board, the game requires more resources from the device. If the device is older or has a lack of resources, it'll cause the game performance to decline.

You may be able to improve game performance by closing down background apps to free up more resources.

Ebils, are the minimal requirements published anywhere?

I recently bought an iPad Air (model FD789X/B) running iOS 8.4.1 specifically to play Dragon Story (32Gb) and while it is fine for the actual playing, when I visit neighbours on Level 100 or above, the game closes on about the second visit to a high level player. Players under level 100 seem to be fine, I can go back and forth to the neighbour list without issue.

I notice that if the game closes while I am on a neighbour, although the game then moves that neighbour to the "visited" section of the list, the "play" clicks on that neighbour's island are not recorded and I have to visit them a second time when I open the game again.

I am concerned that as I climb the level ladder the game may crash for my own island on my iPad Air.

I am on fast cable internet connection so the comms is not an issue. I rarely have any other apps running at the time.

lildvl91
09-16-15, 05:43 AM
I have an iPhone 6 and this game closes on me when visiting neighbors .. My other games of TL/storm don't. I don't have things running in bk ground and have tried the shutting device down restart it I've don't everything I can and this game is only one that seems to close on me thus far(knock on wood)