PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 09/10/15 Update - Sir Hamlet & Pigglesworth Event (timed, optional)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

TwiWoods
09-20-15, 07:23 PM
I am level 25 - Chapter 5 was 10 gold nuggets and 5 magic fruit. The requirement for prime cuts was less, but I can't remember. It was 10 or 15.

The 50 neighbor testimonials was the same.

transberry
09-20-15, 07:37 PM
It's not registering I visited 3 farmhouses

tegaan3
09-20-15, 07:45 PM
Not a lot of my neighbours are responding. I need more neighbours please

SpiritWind00
09-20-15, 07:54 PM

are you sure you're not visiting Cottages? farmhouses have a 10 minute regeneration time. Force close your game, that should help.

If you're stuck for testimonials, send me an invite and write on my wall 'for testimonial'.

Android players aren't getting your requests...
there are lots of posts in the previous few pages of other players with a similar offer to help.

PrincessCupOButter
09-20-15, 07:55 PM
:D I have no interest in those particular.....umm....interesting, drops. But some gold nuggets would sure be nice!

redpenny
09-20-15, 08:21 PM
I'm having the same problem. Even players that I invited from this other thread, and responded to my invite, and "tipped" me, and me them, are not getting my requests. I've received several this evening and sent back all.

If I can help you, send me a request. I'm play more time each day that I will readily admit to!

PraxisOfGood
09-20-15, 08:37 PM

Have you tried force-closing and restarting the app? In my experience, it never gives me credit for the first quest in a chapter until I've done that. The good news is that it does know that you deserve credit.

cakeandpie
09-20-15, 09:38 PM
Do players have to be playing a certain version or be a certain level to get the requests? I have a second account on an old iPad, and I'm not getting any of my own requests. It's an old version and I'm on a low level because the iPad is so old and slow.

TwiWoods
09-20-15, 09:47 PM
I'm having the same problem. Even players that I invited from this other thread, and responded to my invite, and "tipped" me, and me them, are not getting my requests. I've received several this evening and sent back all.

If I can help you, send me a request. I'm play more time each day that I will readily admit to!

There has to be something wrong. I sent a request for testimonial from you and did receive it, but your request to me never came through. I don't understand why it would work one way but not the other.

redpenny
09-20-15, 10:06 PM
Is there a limit on how many requests and responses we can get in one day? I'm stuck at 25, and have been all day (or maybe I started yesterday, I can't remember for sure).

Anyway, when I started inviting neighbors from this and the other thread I was at 25 and my last answered request was from a previous neighbor 8 hours ago.

Edit: I'm on IOS.

Elaustere
09-20-15, 10:20 PM
Hey guys,

I'm up for testimonial exchange (iOS). I play a few times a day. Feel free to add me and let's try to get through.

I also have troubles getting testimonial, first two days I got ~8 a day, and usually my neighbors are answering much better. From visiting around and reading the tread, it does not look like they just stopped playing. Another strange bit is that I used to receive requests for testimonials (from neighbours who skipped ahead), and I still receive other requests, but not the testimonials.
I have a sleek chance of getting it done, given that I have jewelers and markets ready, if I get 19 more responses in the time left. So, fingers crossed.

TwiWoods
09-20-15, 10:33 PM
Is there a limit on how many requests and responses we can get in one day? I'm stuck at 25, and have been all day (or maybe I started yesterday, I can't remember for sure).

Anyway, when I started inviting neighbors from this and the other thread I was at 25 and my last answered request was from a previous neighbor 8 hours ago.

yes - that's probably why. We can only get 20 a day

rst345
09-20-15, 11:18 PM
OK I admit it. I panicked; sitting at 33 testimonials all day. It is now 2313hr in the Pacific Northwest event closing in 48 hours or less. This is my third day waiting; getting only 8/12 a day and receiving even less requests. I have added a number of you who offered to send. This has to be a true bug my neighbours are usually very prompt & I do get the 20/day. Thanks for helping everyone. And congrats to those who have Sir Hammie.

ahomeforme
09-20-15, 11:19 PM
I do believe there's a lag.... I've been sitting at 45/50 for a long time too.
Time is really of essence here. I am also checking my game much more often to answer requests, but nothing is happening.

SpiritWind00
09-20-15, 11:36 PM
About 30 minutes till the 'new' day begins. So, get ready to send out requests to everyone!

jim23cash
09-21-15, 12:02 AM
Add me if you need Testimonials. I don't visit often, but I always answer requests.
Got my piggie! :D Annie

matrixkitten
09-21-15, 12:34 AM
Feel free to add me, if you need help with testimonials. I play often and will be checking my game as much as I can today!

anissada
09-21-15, 01:27 AM
Do players have to be playing a certain version or be a certain level to get the requests? I have a second account on an old iPad, and I'm not getting any of my own requests. It's an old version and I'm on a low level because the iPad is so old and slow.

you can open your 2nd account on your new ipad too, by switching, use restaurant or bakery story to do so.
if the oroblem is the device, you should get the request you sent yourself on the new one i think.
no progress is lost in either game if you change accounts. just make sure you don't open the sane account on two devices at the same time ;)

anissada
09-21-15, 01:31 AM

the limit is for most players 20, and if you exclude stormie until you got 20 he will send you one too if you then request.
i have read some players are used to receivibg 22 or 23, but for me it's. 21

ahomeforme
09-21-15, 01:34 AM
Woohoo! I got Sir Hammie... with 1 day 16 hours left.
Thank you dear neighbors for helping to answer requests!
Keep those requests coming, I will still be checking often to answer.
And make sure to keep your buildings ready for collection too in Chapter 6.

matrixkitten
09-21-15, 01:41 AM
Just accepted many new neighbors! I'll be available for the next hour or so before heading to bed, so keep the requests coming - I'll be accepting them asap!

outhouse01
09-21-15, 02:06 AM
Ok, Got my Pig! It dropped coins and Truffles, and I'm full on Truffles, so I just got coins! I can't believe I went through all that, and used up 15 Gold Nuggets to get an Ugly Pig who poops coins and truffles! Lol, Too Funny!

Swings and roundabouts. I just collected from sir Hammy and got the "your full of". It was a wisp lantern. Therefore, he may be more valuable than you think. Cheers.

janddolphins
09-21-15, 02:20 AM
Double yay! After my marketplace mishap yesterday I finally got Sir Hamlet! Used gems I already had and did not have to pay, but I worked very hard to get those magic fruit starting with only 3. Thankfully I have the time now and my greenhouses ran 24/7. I'm sure as it seems so far Sir Hamlet is not worth the resources, but I'm in the hospital right now and it puts a smile on my face being a Shakespeare lover.

Second yay is my sister should be getting hers today too! I am waiting for her to wake up. I bought her 120 gems to help her along as she didn't have the beams or nuggets and that with gems she won from other games worked. Since I knew she was using gems right away I was not worried about a gem trap and this was my thank you to her for helping me while sick recently since as a mid level player this was hard for her as well as a thanks to S8 for giving us so much recently.

coolssp
09-21-15, 02:34 AM
Feel free to add me. I check my game every couple of hours and being in India, I'm awake when you guys go to sleep so works well for requests :-)

mreames
09-21-15, 02:35 AM
Congrats! Happy for you and hope your sister fares just as well! ��

Double yay! After my marketplace mishap yesterday I finally got Sir Hamlet! Used gems I already had and did not have to pay, but I worked very hard to get those magic fruit starting with only 3. Thankfully I have the time now and my greenhouses ran 24/7. I'm sure as it seems so far Sir Hamlet is not worth the resources, but I'm in the hospital right now and it puts a smile on my face being a Shakespeare lover.

Second yay is my sister should be getting hers today too! I am waiting for her to wake up. I bought her 120 gems to help her along as she didn't have the beams or nuggets and that with gems she won from other games worked. Since I knew she was using gems right away I was not worried about a gem trap and this was my thank you to her for helping me while sick recently since as a mid level player this was hard for her as well as a thanks to S8 for giving us so much recently.

janddolphins
09-21-15, 02:40 AM
Congrats! Happy for you and hope your sister fares just as well! ��

Thanks, just found out she got him too so we both finished the quest that in the beginning we thought we had no chance with!

Just saw your place too, congrats on getting him as well!

matrixkitten
09-21-15, 02:52 AM
Just got my first drop from Sir Hamlet - 3 water. That piglet better step up his game or I'll be very disappointed having spent so many resources on him!

Korlcek
09-21-15, 03:29 AM
Truffle trove dropped 1 truffle, and it has 24hr timer, not regular 22hr like other 1day buildings.

CLOVERKAITO
09-21-15, 04:04 AM
Anyone who still needs testimonials please feel free to add me. I'll accept you when I wake up and answer requests. Nights!

kingdomgirl1234
09-21-15, 04:09 AM
Add me kingdomgirl1234 as well as storiadelcastello and you'll get two more testimonials . I check regularly

Hey guys,

I'm up for testimonial exchange (iOS). I play a few times a day. Feel free to add me and let's try to get through.

I also have troubles getting testimonial, first two days I got ~8 a day, and usually my neighbors are answering much better. From visiting around and reading the tread, it does not look like they just stopped playing. Another strange bit is that I used to receive requests for testimonials (from neighbours who skipped ahead), and I still receive other requests, but not the testimonials.
I have a sleek chance of getting it done, given that I have jewelers and markets ready, if I get 19 more responses in the time left. So, fingers crossed.

kingdomgirl1234
09-21-15, 04:11 AM
yes - that's probably why. We can only get 20 a day

Sometimes mine didn't show, I had to force close and reopen

ait_vedan
09-21-15, 04:14 AM
Yeah! I got the little piggie. I did not spend any money on it, as I never do. But I played some other games for the gems so I could skip the nugget part. All the rest I could manage and here I am, proud owner of Sir Hamlet.
I like quests like this, doable, but not too easy. Thank you S8.
😃👍🏼

mreames
09-21-15, 04:52 AM
Thanks! It was fairly easy for me on this account. ;) it was a little more of a challenge for my other account just because I don't do as much on it. Lol

Thanks, just found out she got him too so we both finished the quest that in the beginning we thought we had no chance with!

Just saw your place too, congrats on getting him as well!

anurulz
09-21-15, 04:59 AM
Ah done with the testimonials..i was expecting to have to rush thru the last chapter but i actually have a wait time of an hour..the reset time and the time of the event initiation actually worked in my favour..i hope the piglet is worth it..i feel for the loss of those nuggets even now..

2joos
09-21-15, 06:16 AM
i lost nuggets and gems and i'm not going to make it :( :( :(

ezukia
09-21-15, 06:31 AM
I woke up to the testimonial step completed - the requests must have maxed out yesterday and carried over to today. I now have Sir Hamlet; thank you so much to everyone who added me :)

Anyone still working on testimonials, feel free to add me. I'll be checking for requests periodically today. Good luck!!

freesiawoods
09-21-15, 06:51 AM
I notice that when I open my Android game I do not seem to have any requests from neighbours. Finding it odd, unless they have all quit, I logged in from my iPhone and found a couple of pending requests. Could this mean that only ios players are able to send testimonials?!!

vednir
09-21-15, 08:27 AM
It's rather anticlimactic to just have the event end with nary a single word or dialogue box. Would it have ****ed them to have written a single descriptive paragraph notifying you that you've finished? After all they've already managed to suck enough gems/$$$ out of people with the new ways to make gem skipping more costly.

rst345
09-21-15, 09:06 AM
THANK YOU one & all. Testimonials are complete thanks to all your help. Just waiting for marketplace & will have Sir Hammie😍

twinkletoes12348
09-21-15, 09:24 AM
It's rather anticlimactic to just have the event end with nary a single word or dialogue box.

Ha! I know! I was like, That's it? :D

kerrix7
09-21-15, 09:47 AM
Congrats to all who got! Very upset i spent 150 to skip nuggets not realizing the testimonials would hold me back. Usually have no problem with neighbor related quests, must be the ios/android issue :/ i like these type of events though, just wish i knew half my neighbors wouldnt get requests before i spent the gems on nuggets. Oh well!

arikasi
09-21-15, 10:48 AM
I want to say thank you to those that skipped ahead and told us what we would need to prepare, and to S8 for all the little 1x1 buildings along the way. Although for the most part I don't feel I need to collect from them I think they are wonderful prizes and would be happy to do another event like this in the future!

jackie2006
09-21-15, 10:54 AM
I gave up for this event at the magic fruit task. I don't have 45 magic fruits, I will not find magic fruit within 15 hrs and don't have 450 gems to skip. So that is it for me.
For those who are not complete the tasks please check the first page to see what the next steps are estimate that you can make it within the time limit
Congrats for all who got it

anissada
09-21-15, 10:56 AM
Congrats to all who got! Very upset i spent 150 to skip nuggets not realizing the testimonials would hold me back. Usually have no problem with neighbor related quests, must be the ios/android issue :/ i like these type of events though, just wish i knew half my neighbors wouldnt get requests before i spent the gems on nuggets. Oh well!

invited you with my 2 kingdoms so you can send me requests asap

edit
strange.. both are neighbours now, but only got one request..

anissada
09-21-15, 10:59 AM
I gave up for this event at the magic fruit task. I don't have 45 magic fruits, I will not find magic fruit within 15 hrs and don't have 450 gems to skip. So that is it for me.
For those who are not complete the tasks please check the first page to see what the next steps are estimate that you can make it within the time limit
Congrats for all who got it

45 fruit is hard for one who is not playing a while idd, just like the nuggets.
there is a lesson in this, try to keep every rare item at least at 50 before you use it fe in the royal exchange for a trade..

kerrix7
09-21-15, 11:03 AM
invited you with my 2 kingdoms so you can send me requests asap

Thank you so very much!! Just had two come through must be you, only need 8 now still hope :)

anissada
09-21-15, 11:19 AM
Thank you so very much!! Just had two come through must be you, only need 8 now still hope :)

you can see under News who responded to your requests, at least last 20 show uo and one very old one ;)

i assume you already have 3 farmhouses, 3 jewelers and 2 marketpkaces ready to collect as soon as you start chapter 6 ?

midgetsocks
09-21-15, 12:23 PM
I have to say thank you too, to those who gemmed ahead and posted their findings here. I was able to get Sir Hamlet, but if I hadn't known I'm certain that I would have spent hundreds of gems in hopes and would have not been able to finish. Reading and posting on this forum is the best ting I've done for my game, I wonder why it's not advertised in the actual game..though I guess anyone could Google the company and find sites and eventually be led here. Just basically I'm very thankful for this forum and everyone here. :)

Oh, and I guess I'll post what I get from my collections,
Round 1: 2 bacon
Round 2: 1 truffle
Round 3: 2 glimmerdusts
Round 4: 2 earthwisps
Round 5: 1 truffle
Round 6: 1 truffle
Round 7: 1 truffle

twinkletoes12348
09-21-15, 12:37 PM
Oh, and I guess I'll post what I get from my collections,
2 bacon (only one collection so far)

So far I've had 2 bacon (in one collection) a truffle (x 2), and sap.

mreames
09-21-15, 01:12 PM
Just FYI, while there are always 20 items in the news, 10 will be the last visits and 10 will be who helped out with requests..not necessarily in that order. :)

you can see under News who responded to your requests, at least last 20 show uo and one very old one ;)

i assume you already have 3 farmhouses, 3 jewelers and 2 marketpkaces ready to collect as soon as you start chapter 6 ?

Mystic127
09-21-15, 02:25 PM
I've been pounding the mines (4), rocks, feral adventure, and troll vault for 3 days with only one nugget showing up. It is times like these that I feel that there is no way to reach the goals without spending real money. I feel that I've paid all I am willing to pay for this entertaining game so this will be just one more quest I'll never get to finish. So sad.

kerrix7
09-21-15, 03:19 PM

I am ready for it, only have one jeweler it wont let me add more.. Not sure why. I stored a ton of other royal buildings and still wont let me. Says i'm at strcture limit.. Ill gem that though if i get through. At 49 testimonials now, and i am starting to think i started today with 29 and hit my daily max. :mad: lol only me to get stuck at 49!

But thank YOU and i saw other forum members helped :) very nice of you all, been playing and reading forum for years and never missed a goal yet. First time for everything :( appreciate all the new active neighbors though!

danzplace
09-21-15, 03:24 PM
You need to sell one. There is a cap on royal buildings and storing them doesn't solve the problem. Folks are suggesting selling a tower.

zaccy678
09-21-15, 03:26 PM
Ah got mah piggy.

He just dropped me a lemon.

TwiWoods
09-21-15, 03:28 PM
I will be pushing this quest to the last second. I got behind, and now all I can do is wait until tomorrow to get the last 10 neighbor requests. I already have my 40 for yesterday and today, so I'm frustrated that this step takes 3 days to do. I have a few gems to speed my jewelers and built a 2nd marketplace to be ready for the last few hours that I'll have tomorrow to finish. Kinda wishing I saved my nuggets, but I'm all in now so no sleep tonight it is!

kerrix7
09-21-15, 03:33 PM
You need to sell one. There is a cap on royal buildings and storing them doesn't solve the problem. Folks are suggesting selling a tower.

Ahhhh! Ok thank you! Just did that now have the three jewelers :)

havent gotten a testimonial in an hour though and added a bunch of new people. Really think i maxed for the day though, so 49 it is. Boo! Lol :)

Not spending 200 gems for one.. Would rather save them
in case there is something new and cool for halloween.

Sincerely, thank you all again for your help!!!

mreames
09-21-15, 04:09 PM
I just answered a couple of requests after a nap. I hope you were one of them. Lol

Ahhhh! Ok thank you! Just did that now have the three jewelers :)

havent gotten a testimonial in an hour though and added a bunch of new people. Really think i maxed for the day though, so 49 it is. Boo! Lol :)

Not spending 200 gems for one.. Would rather save them
in case there is something new and cool for halloween.

Sincerely, thank you all again for your help!!!

labsandboxers
09-21-15, 04:44 PM
Thank you forum members. �� I did get my little piggy since I had chapter 6 waiting for collecting

mreames
09-21-15, 05:33 PM
I don't know if you do it this way already or not but for future reference, wait to send a request to stormie until you already have received 20 of whatever is being requested.

I am ready for it, only have one jeweler it wont let me add more.. Not sure why. I stored a ton of other royal buildings and still wont let me. Says i'm at strcture limit.. Ill gem that though if i get through. At 49 testimonials now, and i am starting to think i started today with 29 and hit my daily max. :mad: lol only me to get stuck at 49!

But thank YOU and i saw other forum members helped :) very nice of you all, been playing and reading forum for years and never missed a goal yet. First time for everything :( appreciate all the new active neighbors though!

confusedfarm
09-21-15, 06:36 PM
I sent a previous message asking if it was possible to complete the task to be able to win Sir Hamlet when I was only on chapter 3 with only 3 days left. I was told it was possible, but it doesn't look like it will be possible. I'm still on chapter three trying my hardest to craft the last 3 ornate beams (I only had a few) and they have taken forever...now with only 22 plus hours, do you think it will be possible? If not, again I think it was so wrong to make us pay 500,000 at the beginning when the task are impossible to complete for some...😔

freesiawoods
09-21-15, 06:36 PM
I notice that when I open my Android game I do not seem to have any requests from neighbours. Finding it odd, unless they have all quit, I logged in from my iPhone and found a couple of pending requests. Could this mean that only ios players are able to send testimonials?!!

Ok I see requests on Android today. Perhaps it is erratic.
Anyway, those who want to add me can add my ios account, sparklesp.

kerrix7
09-21-15, 07:47 PM
I don't know if you do it this way already or not but for future reference, wait to send a request to stormie until you already have received 20 of whatever is being requested.

Thanks for the advice! I usually never had an issue, but i ended up getting it :) last testimonial just came through... 5 hours to spare whew! Never would have gotten it without the new neighbors, living wood gift for everyone!!!!!

midgetsocks
09-21-15, 08:04 PM
I hate that there are people missing out because of neighbors who supposedly aren't using the right operating system. Very disappointing and screwy implementation regarding Part 5:(

SpiritWind00
09-21-15, 08:05 PM
S8 has fixed the problem with android players not receiving responses. All players can now send back a testimonial response.

PrincessCupOButter
09-21-15, 08:15 PM
I sent a previous message asking if it was possible to complete the task to be able to win Sir Hamlet when I was only on chapter 3 with only 3 days left. I was told it was possible, but it doesn't look like it will be possible. I'm still on chapter three trying my hardest to craft the last 3 ornate beams (I only had a few) and they have taken forever...now with only 22 plus hours, do you think it will be possible? If not, again I think it was so wrong to make us pay 500,000 at the beginning when the task are impossible to complete for some...😔

I felt the same way about chapter 5 and having to give the gold nuggets and magic fruit before the neighbor requests. At this point, unless you have everything else ready to go, and can gem skip the neighbor requests, I don't think it's possible. I would encourage you to finish the beams if possible. The apple trough is a pretty good prize, with a reported chance of golden apples. That would at least lessen the sting of giving all those coins, it won't have been completely for nothing.

I'm hoping if there are more of these story quests in the future that S8 will pay strong attention to the feedback in this thread. And that they don't have them too often. I'm still trying to recover my inventory.

DrP4ever
09-21-15, 10:05 PM
No can't do it. Not enough high level supplies even though I've been playing since the way back days.

ghjvcucjb
09-21-15, 10:20 PM
I detest waiting for neighbor requests. Going on three days already

EBJW
09-21-15, 10:22 PM
I sent a previous message asking if it was possible to complete the task to be able to win Sir Hamlet when I was only on chapter 3 with only 3 days left. I was told it was possible, but it doesn't look like it will be possible. I'm still on chapter three trying my hardest to craft the last 3 ornate beams (I only had a few) and they have taken forever...now with only 22 plus hours, do you think it will be possible? If not, again I think it was so wrong to make us pay 500,000 at the beginning when the task are impossible to complete for some...

When people say it's possible it's possible sec, objectively.
The only one who can figure out if it's really possible for you is you...!

Only you know how many of the necessary items you have in stock and how much time you'll probably need to make what you don't have.

Read the steps for each chapter on page one, considering the time you have left, and then estimate. Work ahead if you can and want (Chapter 6 can be done in minutes if a player has all buildings and has them all placed)(unless he/she accidently tapped one before time, duh, like me...).

confusedfarm
09-21-15, 11:43 PM
I agree - I really wished they did not require me to pay 500,000 before realizing that the goals are imposible!

confusedfarm
09-21-15, 11:50 PM
Thanks for your kind advise but the problem is that for some reason when there is a task required, trees that always dropped living wood now only gives once in awhile, cows that gave prime rib, now only gives one randomly now, etc...I have spent the last my gems to speed up the process and now this event will not be completed and I'm out 500,000 plus the little gems I had left...

confusedfarm
09-21-15, 11:52 PM
Thank you for understanding...I'll make the best of it! ��

anissada
09-22-15, 12:39 AM
I sent a previous message asking if it was possible to complete the task to be able to win Sir Hamlet when I was only on chapter 3 with only 3 days left. I was told it was possible, but it doesn't look like it will be possible. I'm still on chapter three trying my hardest to craft the last 3 ornate beams (I only had a few) and they have taken forever...now with only 22 plus hours, do you think it will be possible? If not, again I think it was so wrong to make us pay 500,000 at the beginning when the task are impossible to complete for some...

yes.. but you did NOT read all of my post (#940)
" i think you can.. IF you have everything done immediately, the strawberries and mushrooms won't take long, so if you have 10 ornated beams already crafted and waiting to give, you go right to chapter 4 which only wants you to cut down trees, plants and rocks (you can chop ahead, only leaving one chop to clear). that moves you right away into chapter 5, were it takes 2 days and a bit to get the testimonials. straight on to 6, make sure to have those buildings ready too. (that is have TWO marketplaces, reset 24 hrs and THREE jewelers, reset 8 hrs). "

i said very clearly 10 ornated beams ALREADY CRAFTED... and everything else ready to just tap.. otherwise it will be very tricky to finish chapter 6

CLOVERKAITO
09-22-15, 12:50 AM
I just responded to a few testimonial requests made by new neighbours right after midnight. If anyone still needs testimonials feel free to add me, but I'm gonna go to bed in about an hour so do it fast!

PS. Hamlet dropped me an orange earlier, lol. Pigglesworth dropped me glimmerdust...

naughtyimp
09-22-15, 01:00 AM
I have noticed this too, particularly for this challenge.

Living wood has disappeared almost entirely - I chopped down every tree in my kingdom and grew another forest and chopping them down now but so far only getting one living wood for every 5 or 6 trees so about 1 in 60! Similarly nothing from sir pig, Ivy's hut etc and my sawmills are similarly depleted. Add that to no nuggets since before the last world event I'm getting fed up of this.

On my last beam hopefully today but unlikely to complete as I only have 2 days even if I blow all my gems to skip the nugget stage. I'm having to create most of the living wood in the potion shop so very resource intensive.

My OH has been waiting for neighbour requests for over 3 days and only up to 6 but no sign of extra time for this following the fault being identified.

velkho
09-22-15, 01:01 AM
I never had any problems receiving 20 answers per day from my neighbours before, until now! I won't be able to finish the goal now, although I did do everything on time! This is really frustrating.

EBJW
09-22-15, 01:23 AM
I agree - I really wished they did not require me to pay 500,000 before realizing that the goals are imposible!

Therefore: if you read on page 1 what's required for the chapter you're on AND the next chapters you know what will be asked and can calculate and anticipate!

Thanks for your kind advise but the problem is that for some reason when there is a task required, trees that always dropped living wood now only gives once in awhile, cows that gave prime rib, now only gives one randomly now, etc...I have spent the last my gems to speed up the process and now this event will not be completed and I'm out 500,000 plus the little gems I had left...

Many of us experience the same....
Staff says they don't change rates, but most of us are having ??? over that, and some even keep scores over it, so.....
Anyway, that's tough. That's why I don't spend rare items if not nevessary.

EBJW
09-22-15, 01:33 AM
Appeal:

can people who respond to a particulair message please reply with a quote?

(= don't use "Quick reply", but press the button bottom right under the message you want to comment on: "Reply With Quote")

That makes it so much easier to read and understand for all instead of guessing on what/whom the writer replies...! :o

Thanx!

blontj3
09-22-15, 02:29 AM
Ugh. I did everything on time but im having so much trouble to get those testimonials this time. I already had built an extra jewelry, and THE only thing im not GONNA manage in time is those testimonials which are limited for 20 a day.. :( so sad. Ill lose all my resources because i dont have anymore gems left to spend them and i cant get / skip testimonials by using gems because i dont have 200. 😔 i wanted that little sir Hamlet!

janddolphins
09-22-15, 03:10 AM

Saw you giving this advice a few times. Just wanted to let you know I bulk gift including stormie all at once an usually get between 21-23 a day including for this event. I know many others do the same, so I think this holding off for stormie thing may be a myth just as the myth about bulk gifting has stuck from problems 2 years ago as S8 has said that should not cause problems, and it does make sense once that item is given its removed as a request so should not be lagging next quest. When I do bulk gift I sometimes wake Up the next day with that day finished as the rest of my neighbors after first 20 who did not get the request get it the second day from first which makes it a lot easier and quicker as well. But regardless I find I can still resend second day as well to my neighbors if I need more.

For this event it was clear there were just some gifting bugs that normally don't happen. Hopefully they are fixed to for future. It went beyond android app players since several complaints were made that people were sure their neighbors didn't get requests after checking with them including my sister who sent to me and I only got it one of the 3 days and I had checked she first sent each day so maxing out would not have been reason

Once again I'm just happy it's over and on the side that got the prize but I feel for those who missed out because of neighbor problems. I hope S8 finds a way to make it up to players they see sent out multiple requests but never received as that was out of their cway control and no one, NO ONE should have to pay gems to get past a bug

But I do hope we get similarly formatted events, just more realistic resources and better programming, learning from this as a trial.

Overall I am pleads with S8 and the progression of that game, again why I bought my sister gems. But it will still speak loudly how they respond to the select players affected by this bug. I do hope we continue to have great events :)

Just my opinion on it.

mcb397
09-22-15, 03:12 AM
I just got 5 (count 'em 5!) gems from little Hamlet. Good piggy!

janddolphins
09-22-15, 03:15 AM
I just got 5 (count 'em 5!) gems from little Hamlet. Good piggy!

Glad to see some worthwhile drops in there :)

outhouse01
09-22-15, 03:38 AM
Swings and roundabouts. I just collected from sir Hammy and got the "your full of". It was a wisp lantern. Therefore, he may be more valuable than you think. Cheers.

Lol. Just collected from sir hammy after getting home from work. Got the full sign again. This time an enchanted block. Therefore he valuababke for people at times. Hope most are successful in getting him, cheers all

littleonesmum
09-22-15, 04:56 AM
OMG Sir Hamlet has been literally kidnapped from my board... I won & placed him around 13 hrs ago, hadn't collected from him yet, now he's not there. Have force-quit & re-started. No luck... Checked inventory, not hiding there either. Anyone else having this issue?

minndom
09-22-15, 05:38 AM
Is there a 20-responses-a-day limit also in "Gather 50 written testimonials from neighbours (request from neighbours)"?

janddolphins
09-22-15, 05:49 AM
Is there a 20-responses-a-day limit also in "Gather 50 written testimonials from neighbours (request from neighbours)"?

Yep, Alrgough you may get 21-23 with stormie and depending on timing for other neighbors.

As long as you have everything ready for chapter 6, once you get the final 10 or so on day 3 (if you have 3 days left) chapter 6 takes less than a minute as you just have to click on the buildings you set up. Good luck!

Scratte717
09-22-15, 06:07 AM
I just got 30 energy drop from sir Hammy . He seems to be in good mood today :)

alohomora1610
09-22-15, 06:17 AM
How could I find 15 Nuggets??? This is impossible!!! How did you all do that?

janddolphins
09-22-15, 06:19 AM
I just got 30 energy drop from sir Hammy . He seems to be in good mood today :)

Can someone tell mine to be nicer??? Lol. I've gotten water 3 times, glimmerdust and one other gift I didn't really need. But it's all patience, knowing he has these good drops keeps me hopeful :)

Oh and he had been dropping various fruits for me too, that's the one I forgot. Those are useful though as I like having enough to do gem trade with pies at exchange. My new goal is a gem a day through that.

janddolphins
09-22-15, 06:21 AM

Yes, I think those who had shortage of nuggets were at biggest disadvantage. I started with 3/45 magic fruit and was able to come back because of greenhouse being a rare but not super rare drop.

I've really liked suggestings on this thread for various ways to craft gold items, even if rare better then nothing

riverly
09-22-15, 06:28 AM
I don't think this is working for me. It never shows up right. I'll keep trying to do better. This is a test.

meme1098
09-22-15, 06:38 AM
I don't think this is working for me. It never shows up right. I'll keep trying to do better. This is a test.

Just tap the Reply with Quote button. Then put your curser after the last bracket. Don't delete any brackets or the quote won't be in the conversation box. Pretty easy after a few tries.

seascape9
09-22-15, 07:00 AM
Just tap the Reply with Quote button. Then put your curser after the last bracket. Don't delete any brackets or the quote won't be in the conversation box. Pretty easy after a few tries.

This challenge is really disappointing to me. It was very hard to get the living wood to make the ornate beam. I finally got all the beams made. Now Castle Story is doing the same thing they usually do with asking neighbors for stuff, you send out requests and your neighbors don't see them because it was never sent. I know this because I have an account on my android phone which didn't receive the requests and my daughter has the game and she didn't get my requests either. Now because of this I will not get Hamlet, very disappointing. Please Castle Story add some more time to this challenge.

PrincessCupOButter
09-22-15, 07:03 AM

I feel your pain about the living wood. Between the ornate beams, and the bylthwood faerie quests requiring the sap and vital extracts (I forget where, but luckily I had some made). S8 seems to have fixated on requiring living wood for practically everything and the drops have all but disappeared. :(
My living tree had been stored for months, because I was always maxed out. Now? Zip, zilch, nada.

I'm sorry you ended up wasting resources on this quest. Hopefully you can recover them quickly for the next one!

PrincessCupOButter
09-22-15, 07:07 AM
OMG Sir Hamlet has been literally kidnapped from my board... I won & placed him around 13 hrs ago, hadn't collected from him yet, now he's not there. Have force-quit & re-started. No luck... Checked inventory, not hiding there either. Anyone else having this issue?

I haven't seen anyone else saying they had this happen. You could try sending a PM to the S8 staff on here and report it in the bugs thread. I hope you can get it resolved quickly.

seascape9
09-22-15, 07:10 AM
Thanks! I also wasted over 100 gems on this ridiculous quest. I may stop playing this game, which I have loved to play up until now. I too used my living wood on the faerie quest, which I have not yet finished, thank goodness that wasn't timed too.

ktorewqas
09-22-15, 07:14 AM
The event ended but I still have a chance to get sir Hamlet;) the price is 1,000 gems :cool: no, no, no, I even did not pay 150 gems to skip the nuggets ... So ... I will be piglet free ;)

twinkletoes12348
09-22-15, 07:19 AM
The event ended but I still have a chance to get sir Hamlet;) the price is 1,000 gems :cool:

Whoa! For that I'd want him to swing by my house and cook me bacon every morning. :D

riverly
09-22-15, 07:29 AM
I haven't seen anyone else saying they had this happen. You could try sending a PM to the S8 staff on here and report it in the bugs thread. I hope you can get it resolved quickly.
At one time I couldn't find an object and it was "hiding" behind a building. Try moving some buildings around.

midgetsocks
09-22-15, 09:18 AM
If anyone feels like they're missing out these are my drops from Sir Nuggetsworth
Round 1: 2 bacon
Round 2: 1 truffle
Round 3: 2 glimmerdusts
Round 4: 2 earthwisps
Round 5: 1 truffle
Round 6: 1 truffle
Round 7: 1 truffle

No energy or fruit. I think my piggie might be constipated:(

littlesheep15
09-22-15, 11:09 AM
I have eighteen hours left and need ten more written testimonials but I still may not make it. Two of the neighbors I know in person never received the request even though my Castle Story says it was sent and one of them has an IPad like me! This is the first time I have put real money into this game and now I may not even get Sir Hamlet. I am super nervous because I really want that pig. Are any of you interested in adding me as a neighbor? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

blontj3
09-22-15, 11:13 AM
I have eighteen hours left and need ten more written testimonials but I still may not make it. Two of the neighbors I know in person never received the request even though my Castle Story says it was sent and one of them has an IPad like me! This is the first time I have put real money into this game and now I may not even get Sir Hamlet. I am super nervous because I really want that pig. Are any of you interested in adding me as a neighbor? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I still have just 3,5 hours left and i need just a few testimonials, but wont get it on time... I already have the things for the last challenge, but it doesnt seem to be necessary anymore.. I just need a few hours so my neighbours will be getting the notification and can help me getting those testimonials, but unfortuntely its failing again :(. I hoped they would have such a neighbour thing earlier, becasue i have spend a lot of resources in it and now its failing again on this stupid part :(. I want sir hammie tooo

ktorewqas
09-22-15, 12:10 PM
Sent you invitation. I use ipad and should be able send you one if your request get to me.

MonaS65
09-22-15, 12:26 PM
Please add me and I will send you a testimonial. I only need 2 more and I've got less than two hours left. ID is: MonaS65

MonaS65
09-22-15, 12:32 PM
I sent blontj3 & littlesheep15 both an add request. ��

littleonesmum
09-22-15, 01:07 PM

Okay thank you, I'll try that.

Still missing... I don't think it's a synch issue either because I made some cosmetic changes to the layout after placing him and they have all since saved, just a blank square where he was sitting next to Sir Piggy!

GC5410
09-22-15, 01:08 PM
Seen several people mention the jewellers takes 8 hours to reset, but it actually only takes 4 hours (or at least mine do!) :)

blontj3
09-22-15, 01:10 PM
Thanks guys for adding me. I like new neighbours! I just think the testimonials will count until tomorrow... because i have 42 testimonals and just 1,5 hour left :(. I just wanted sir hammie so bad. they should give me 1 day because maybe then my testimonial error will be over, because it's every time with those things, that i get the neighbour invites days later. so weird.

ktorewqas
09-22-15, 01:15 PM
Thanks guys for adding me. I like new neighbours! I just think the testimonials will count until tomorrow... because i have 42 testimonals and just 1,5 hour left :(. I just wanted sir hammie so bad. they should give me 1 day because maybe then my testimonial error will be over, because it's every time with those things, that i get the neighbour invites days later. so weird.sorry to hear that. I did not get any request from you or littlesheep15. But I sent monas65 one. Maybe you two are maxed for to day.

blontj3
09-22-15, 01:42 PM
sorry to hear that. I did not get any request from you or littlesheep15. But I sent monas65 one. Maybe you two are maxed for to day.

Yea my challenges always start different times. Sometimes a quest is during for like 4 days and I can play it for max 3. It sucks, but can't help it. Hopefully next time I'm able to get the awesome brother from sir hammie (which hopefully exist because it looks so cute).

mamapuls
09-22-15, 02:06 PM
Help! I need two more testimonials and only have 2.5 hours left. Can you please add mamapuls?

ktorewqas
09-22-15, 02:06 PM
Yea my challenges always start different times. Sometimes a quest is during for like 4 days and I can play it for max 3. It sucks, but can't help it. Hopefully next time I'm able to get the awesome brother from sir hammie (which hopefully exist because it looks so cute).
His brother or sister better not ask too much. I can not get Hamlet either because of the nuggets :(

SpiritWind00
09-22-15, 02:07 PM
You can send me an invite...

ktorewqas
09-22-15, 02:08 PM
Help! I need two more testimonials and only have 2.5 hours left. Can you please add mamapuls?

Invited

blontj3
09-22-15, 02:11 PM
His brother or sister better not ask too much. I can not get Hamlet either because of the nuggets :(

yea i agree, i lost almost all my magic fruit which i got, and still not sir hamlet, just because of those invitations. well hopefully they will to the invitations next time earlier in the process (Y). because thats the part that always takes too much time for me. sooo i hopefully he will have a brother or sister which is not having so much to ask :P

mamapuls
09-22-15, 02:12 PM
Invited

Thank you!

GC5410
09-22-15, 02:13 PM
Am I losing my marbles :) or has my post about how to get all the testimonials in less than 48 hours been deleted?

I was only trying to help :( the other persons quote could have been removed from my post and my effort could have been left, so that it wasn't a waste of time for me to write it (could have helped other people) :)

lonerlexie
09-22-15, 02:30 PM
For 1000 gems I can get Sir Hamlet :eek: I'm not sure if this is the standard price or due to where I stopped. I know people who did finish put in a lot of effort but that is high. Does he drop gold nuggets?

blontj3
09-22-15, 02:35 PM
For 1000 gems I can get Sir Hamlet :eek: I'm not sure if this is the standard price or due to where I stopped. I know people who did finish put in a lot of effort but that is high. Does he drop gold nuggets?

where did you stop?

blontj3
09-22-15, 02:47 PM

I got the purchase for 1000 gems aswell.. not really a fair offer, if you have put so much stuff into this challenge. lost a lot of resources and it costs as much as for someone who didnt do that. not fair.

idkat
09-22-15, 03:23 PM

In reference to Hamlet disappearing mine did. My daughter who is on an iPod never got my requests for testimonial any of the three days that I sent them ( she's on an iPad) yet couldn't resend them, and I finished 3 short. I paid the 200 gems ( can't believe I needed to do that for the sake of 3!) and finished off and placed the pig. When to collect this morning and he's gone. I will put a ticket it to the support team.

Wonkaland99
09-22-15, 03:43 PM
S8 has fixed the problem with android players not receiving responses. All players can now send back a testimonial response.

Pity that's all we can do. Ah well, more blessed to give than to receive.

sassylis
09-22-15, 04:04 PM
I'm on iPhone and don't think my testimonial requests are all coming through, unless a lot of my neighbours have all of a sudden stopped playing, I still need 33 with 1 day 15 hours so if anyone would like to add me, please do, my id is sassylis. Thanks xx

ktorewqas
09-22-15, 04:14 PM
I'm on iPhone and don't think my testimonial requests are all coming through, unless a lot of my neighbours have all of a sudden stopped playing, I still need 33 with 1 day 15 hours so if anyone would like to add me, please do, my id is sassylis. Thanks xx
Invited

BungoCook
09-22-15, 04:21 PM
At least you get 2 energy per video, I only ever get 1 energy! :(

same here and not a whiff of a free gem, sigh.

anissada
09-22-15, 04:23 PM

in my oldest game (playing about 2,5 years) i have plenty nuggets.
in my second one i skipped with the free gems i got from installing/playing other games

anissada
09-22-15, 04:31 PM
same here and not a whiff of a free gem, sigh.

i don't get the video at all..
somehow TL has decided they offer me that in farmstory 2 which i hardly play anymore...

labsandboxers
09-22-15, 04:31 PM
At least you where able to get the videos. Mine just keeps disappearing

Lize07
09-22-15, 04:34 PM
I have a bunch of new neighbors, but they do not appear in the list to send the request for the testimonials. I have been trying all day, it's like no one receives anything. The message saying I have already send a request to my neighbors, doesn't appear anymore.

mreames
09-22-15, 04:48 PM
I have a bunch of new neighbors, but they do not appear in the list to send the request for the testimonials. I have been trying all day, it's like no one receives anything. The message saying I have already send a request to my neighbors, doesn't appear anymore.

Try looking at the end of your list of neighbors if they aren't showing up in alphabetical order.

Lize07
09-22-15, 04:57 PM
They are not there, I have been asking a new neighbors if he received my request, he didn't. So I checked. He is not in the list. When I visit his kingdom, it did say visiting a neighbor.

mreames
09-22-15, 05:02 PM
They are not there, I have been asking a new neighbors if he received my request, he didn't. So I checked. He is not in the list. When I visit his kingdom, it did say visiting a neighbor.

See if Zephyrwind and Your Prince are showing up. Those are both my accounts.

Lize07
09-22-15, 05:08 PM
See if Zephyrwind and Your Prince are showing up. Those are both my accounts.

Zephyrwind yes, your Prince no

mreames
09-22-15, 05:11 PM
Zephyrwind yes, your Prince no

Your Prince just sent an invite recently. Have you tried force closing and reopening?

seascape9
09-22-15, 05:20 PM
Still disappointed here. I spent 150 gems on skipping the gold nuggets, 30 gems skipping chapter 2 (I think). 3 days straight trying to get living wood to make those ridiculous beams. I have less than 1 hour left and still need 8 testimonials. This quest was so bad. Give us more time Castle Story, very unrealistic goals. I am ready to jump ship here. Throw us a bone.

Lize07
09-22-15, 05:21 PM
How do I force close?

mreames
09-22-15, 05:22 PM
Just sent two invites

Still disappointed here. I spent 150 gems on skipping the gold nuggets, 30 gems skipping chapter 2 (I think). 3 days straight trying to get living wood to make those ridiculous beams. I have less than 1 hour left and still need 8 testimonials. This quest was so bad. Give us more time Castle Story, very unrealistic goals. I am ready to jump ship here. Throw us a bone.

mreames
09-22-15, 05:23 PM
How do I force close?

Double tap home button and swipe up on the app.

mreames
09-22-15, 05:25 PM
Just sent 2 testimonials. ;)

Lize07
09-22-15, 05:27 PM
Double tap home button and swipe up on the app.

added a new neighbor, now I see your prince and the other neighbor. Hopefully he'll receive my request.

mreames
09-22-15, 05:29 PM
added a new neighbor, now I see your prince and the other neighbor. Hopefully he'll receive my request.
Were you able to send a request to YP? I'll check.

seascape9
09-22-15, 05:29 PM
Just sent two invites

Thank you, I am 2 closer!

mreames
09-22-15, 05:32 PM
Thank you, I am 2 closer!

You're very welcome! I'd go through the thread and invite all the people that stated to send them an invitation for testimonials. Some may or may not be around right now. Just be sure to make note of their game name.

mreames
09-22-15, 05:37 PM

Is it possible you've already received 20/21 today?

Lize07
09-22-15, 05:41 PM
Is it possible you've already received 20/21 today?

I think so, yesterday I had 15, now I have 35. Can I only receive 20? How am I suppose to get 50 in 2 days?

mreames
09-22-15, 05:44 PM
I think so, yesterday I had 15, now I have 35. Can I only receive 20? How am I suppose to get 50 in 2 days?

You really normally have part of 3 days, if you have all of the buildings ready to collect for the last step. From now on, when you send out a request, don't send to stormie until you have 20 back in order to get 21. How much time do you have left??

seascape9
09-22-15, 05:45 PM
You're very welcome! I'd go through the thread and invite all the people that stated to send them an invitation for testimonials. Some may or may not be around right now. Just be sure to make note of their game name.

Exactly what I am trying to do!

Lize07
09-22-15, 05:49 PM
You really normally have part of 3 days, if you have all of the buildings ready to collect for the last step. From now on, when you send out a request, don't send to stormie until you have 20 back in order to get 21. How much time do you have left??

2 days and 10 hours.
That is very helpful advice, thank you.

mreames
09-22-15, 05:53 PM
Oh then you should be in great shape. Try to have 2 marketplaces, 3 jewelers and 3 farmhouses ready to collect from as soon as you get the 50th testimonial. Of course a farmhouse only takes 10 minutes so you could probably get by with one but a lot of us already have a lot of farmhouses. You're very welcome! ;)

2 days and 10 hours.
That is very helpful advice, thank you.

mreames
09-22-15, 05:56 PM
Exactly what I am trying to do!
Good luck! I just sent someone else your way, hopefully.

seascape9
09-22-15, 05:56 PM

Too little too late.

Lize07
09-22-15, 05:57 PM
Oh then you should be in great shape. Try to have 2 marketplaces, 3 jewelers and 3 farmhouses ready to collect from as soon as you get the 50th testimonial. Of course a farmhouse only takes 10 minutes so you could probably get by with one but a lot of us already have a lot of farmhouses. You're very welcome! ;)

Ok, I'll do that. I'll get another jeweler. Thank you so much for your help.

seascape9
09-22-15, 05:58 PM
Good luck! I just sent someone else your way, hopefully.

Thank you again!

mreames
09-22-15, 06:05 PM
Too little too late.

I kind of have to agree on this one. I would've thought this major of a faux pas merited an extra day to get testimonials. The best way to combat this is to have lots and lots of neighbors.

mreames
09-22-15, 06:07 PM
Ok, I'll do that. I'll get another jeweler. Thank you so much for your help.

Again, you're very welcome ;)

cnlsmommy
09-22-15, 06:10 PM
So sad I am in the last minutes of my time and know I can't get past the testimonials d/t the daily cap :( all these resources I lost for nothing :(

mreames
09-22-15, 06:20 PM
So sad I am in the last minutes of my time and know I can't get past the testimonials d/t the daily cap :( all these resources I lost for nothing :(

Sorry to hear it! :( how short were you?

redfoxytail
09-22-15, 06:21 PM
So close I've got everything except the missing 20 testimonials and only 1 day left...

Please add Redfoxytail. I will definitely be sending back testimonials. Thanks!

mreames
09-22-15, 06:27 PM
So close I've got everything except the missing 20 testimonials and only 1 day left...

Please add Redfoxytail. I will definitely be sending back testimonials. Thanks!

Accepted your request on Zephyrwind. Sent an invite from Your Prince. Hope you sent an invite to seascape9, too. Lol

seascape9
09-22-15, 06:37 PM
Accepted your request on Zephyrwind. Sent an invite from Your Prince. Hope you sent an invite to seascape9, too. Lol

Thanks "mreames"! Too late for me. It was a valiant effort, but not meant to be. In the end I needed 6 more, that's it. I will add redfoxytail.

mreames
09-22-15, 06:41 PM
Thanks "mreames"! Too late for me. It was a valiant effort, but not meant to be. In the end I needed 6 more, that's it. I will add redfoxytail.

:( I'm so sorry! Yes you made a valiant effort!

redfoxytail
09-22-15, 06:46 PM
Yes I have sent an invite to ppl on the past few pages. I'm sorry seascape :(

Thanks guys. I'll be mailing back testimonials even if mine ends/expires. Goodluck everyone!

cnlsmommy
09-22-15, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear it! :( how short were you?

I was a full day short on the requests. Had trouble with the gold and it caught me up. I had all my next steps laid out and ready though :(

LavaMagic
09-22-15, 06:56 PM
If I give some gold nuggets to the goal will the amount of gems needed to skip decrease? It appears to be ten gems per nugget, but I don't want to give them up and still have to pay 150 gems to skip. Thanks!

mreames
09-22-15, 06:59 PM
If I give some gold nuggets to the goal will the amount of gems needed to skip decrease? It appears to be ten gems per nugget, but I don't want to give them up and still have to pay 150 gems to skip. Thanks!

Unfortunately, no. If you plan on spending the 150 gems, just do it upfront and hang on to the nuggets you have. But first make sure you have time to do the remaining steps.

BahSunFarms
09-22-15, 07:02 PM
Has anyone actually purchased Sir Hamlet for 1000 gems now that the event is over? I don't have the gems/money to do so.

LavaMagic
09-22-15, 07:11 PM
Thank you! I have 1 day and 21 hours left. I have everything I need for the other chapters. I guess I won't make it, because getting fifty testimonials would take three days (I'm guessing that one doesn't decrease either.). I knew to just spend those gems instead of hoping for nuggets. :(

mreames
09-22-15, 07:17 PM
Yes :( I wish they would've pro-rated like they usually have in the past. :(

Thank you! I have 1 day and 21 hours left. I have everything I need for the other chapters. I guess I won't make it, because getting fifty testimonials would take three days (I'm guessing that one doesn't decrease either.). I knew to just spend those gems instead of hoping for nuggets. :(

AnnaQBee
09-22-15, 07:27 PM
Argh! This event was super frustrating, with wait times, a ridiculous gold nugget quest, and those 50 testimonials. Then, as I was waiting until the last hour to see if I could get the last two testimonials, the game got glitchy for the last 15 minutes and wouldn't let me back on until the event was over. Last straw, castle story, last straw. No piglet is worth getting jerked around like this.

FridayFarms
09-22-15, 07:40 PM
I was having fun playing until I came to the forums and saw how impossible completion was. This event was only for those with huge stockpiles of high-end goods or those who like to spend a lot of gems. 15 gold nuggets? I can't even finish my 5 to discover adamant!

This event really sucked.

nessa005
09-22-15, 07:58 PM
Too little too late.

WAY too late,❗️ So many friends didn't reply and when I asked if they had the request ...replied..no..I but they would have if they had recieved it. They were android. Thank heaven that the majority of my neighbours replied and I got my little piggy.

jdgrozda
09-22-15, 08:00 PM
So sorry that so many people didn't end up with the piggy :( the only reason I got him is because I had the lower level challenges to complete. I definitely think they should give more time because of the bug with the neighbour requests! If it makes anyone feel better, I haven't received anything of actual value from my pig yet...truffles, bacon, water etc...pretty lame after so much work.

omni69
09-22-15, 08:04 PM
no offense S8 but I think you really messed this one up and might have frustrated too many people. As I mentioned in a previous memo, I did something I'd never done before and bought the special package (magic fruit & nuggets) just to try and finish a stage. Unfortunately, although I thought I had more time, it glitched and I had to force quit and reopen. When I did and the purchase went through I now had just under 3 days and although on day 1 and 2 I easily got the 20 testimonials, because it was just under 3 days I could never register the final 10 testimonials. I knew they were there because my friends mentioned it on my board and they were over 20 hit my site but the 20/day screwed me nd I couldn't finish stage 5. As someone else said above I feel dumb for wasting the time, money and inventory just to get nothing. You guys might have made lots of $$ on this because it was so hard, but you ticked off a lot of players and based on the threads, they might not come back. The least you could have done is given people the extra time because of the Android issue or done the graduated gem payoff. - this was was glitchy and not well planned out. sorry, I'll keep on playing but I'm not sure I'll be as devoted.

nessa005
09-22-15, 08:06 PM
On the other hand that dratted little piggy has give me nothing ..the black box comes up every time.

mixedfibers759
09-22-15, 09:09 PM
I play 3 accounts on castle story. My main account had enough resources so I'm just waiting on testimonials to finish the even on that account. I have 1 day and 12 hours on my other account but not enough resources to move forward. I have been on chapter 4 for both of those accounts for over 3 days and the 6th goal hasn't started. I thought that after 2 days the next goal would start. I don't have gens on my two other accounts to skip the goals to get ahead so I have been patiently waiting for the goal to expire and the new goals to start but that is not happening. Please help! I have tried force closing, restarting the devices but nothing is happening. What can I do if it's been over 3 days and my new goals aren't available fir me to start?

ashley224
09-22-15, 09:13 PM
I play 3 accounts on castle story. My main account had enough resources so I'm just waiting on testimonials to finish the even on that account. I have 1 day and 12 hours on my other account but not enough resources to move forward. I have been on chapter 4 for both of those accounts for over 3 days and the 6th goal hasn't started. I thought that after 2 days the next goal would start. I don't have gens on my two other accounts to skip the goals to get ahead so I have been patiently waiting for the goal to expire and the new goals to start but that is not happening. Please help! I have tried force closing, restarting the devices but nothing is happening. What can I do if it's been over 3 days and my new goals aren't available fir me to start? Read the first page carefully under tips for event. You won't get the new goals unless you finish the goal you are on.

zenemi
09-22-15, 09:39 PM
Well that was a waste of time and gems.

I went ahead and threw away 150 hard earned gems on the gold nuggets, thinking that they wouldn't give us so little time for neighbor requests if they were still broken, and I only had 8 nuggets. I needed 9 more testimonials as of this morning, and ended the quest today needing only two more. Turns out most of my friends never even saw the requests. What a waste of time, effort and gems. I'll never participate in a timed event again. It's just a glorified gem trap.

oldmcz
09-22-15, 10:24 PM
Whoa. I had no idea about this event. I am level 43 Android user and this event never came to me. Bummed, sort of. What happened?

mixedfibers759
09-22-15, 10:54 PM
I read the first page carefully. It said that the new goal will start if you do not finish a goal in 2 days.

freesiawoods
09-22-15, 10:56 PM
Guess I'm lucky to have finished without using gems on my main account. But it seems odd that I got 22 requests filled per day but hardly received any requests from nbrs. And these came in at different times in the day but saying they were many hours old although I check regularly.

My spare accounts didn'tget the piggy because of lack of coins and nuggets.

DrP4ever
09-22-15, 11:11 PM
No way to finish them with the high level requirements even though I started playing when the game was new. And now to buy it I would have that 1,000 gems. Wow. No thanks! What a waste of supplies.

sluppies
09-22-15, 11:18 PM
Yes what a waste. I'd only just started playing again after a nine month break. Remembering why I deleted last time, guess I shall be doing the same again!

mreames
09-22-15, 11:58 PM
What it actually says......

"If you finish the chapter early (before 2 days) you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.

If you take longer than 2 days to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner."

There was a lot of confusion about it but bottom line is a chapter had to be finished to advance.

I read the first page carefully. It said that the new goal will start if you do not finish a goal in 2 days.

SpiritWind00
09-22-15, 11:59 PM
If you need a sure return for a testimonial, please send me an invite. Remember the limit of 20 returns though. New day starts in another minute...

Snap mreames! I've removed my duplicate post. ;)

sluppies
09-22-15, 11:59 PM
Yep three minutes after the challenge finished I got to scrolls. One, of all people , off Stormy himself! What a complete fiasco that challenge was.

anissada
09-23-15, 12:00 AM
Argh! This event was super frustrating, with wait times, a ridiculous gold nugget quest, and those 50 testimonials. Then, as I was waiting until the last hour to see if I could get the last two testimonials, the game got glitchy for the last 15 minutes and wouldn't let me back on until the event was over. Last straw, castle story, last straw. No piglet is worth getting jerked around like this.

so sorry to hear this..
and yes, i think the glitches are becoming irritating.
i get them way too mach lately too and they always cost me energy..

mreames
09-23-15, 12:03 AM
Hahaha...I missed it. ;)

If you need a sure return for a testimonial, please send me an invite. Remember the limit of 20 returns though. New day starts in another minute...

Snap mreames! I've removed my duplicate post. ;)

belbar22
09-23-15, 01:02 AM
Just got hamlet on this account with 2 days to spare. My other account is waiting to start chapter 5 in 12 hours. I waited to start on this account until I had 10 ornate beams as I only had 1 and it took me over 4 days. It is worth remembering to check the 2nd post for all requirements before you start an event where you can choose when you start it. I would never have been on track to get hamlet on my 2nd account if I hadn't done that.

Just a reminder also that if you need testimonials you can add me, I play several times a day.

3dogsandacat
09-23-15, 01:49 AM
So glad I got over all the craziness of trying to meet impossible goals without spending money or events closing early, etc so that you don't finish on time & have to buy gems. It so nice to earn the items you can & not get upset if you can't finish, as my daughter said, Mom, how can you be so upset, it's only a game. I still play & love mt neighbors, proud to be a level 50 player. I only bought gems twice when they were really on sale, then realized they weren't worth it. Haven't bought any in several years, I don't earn everything, but the enjoyment is back in the game not having to worry about meeting every goal. I knew that with only 3 gold nuggets at the beginning of the event, that I would still only have 3 at the end even after collecting from all the places that drop gold - I havn't earned 15 gold nuggets in all the time I have played the game (several years). I hope everyone realizes they have us addicted or we wouldn't get so crazy & yes I now believe the CS developers are in it for the money & don't care about theireplayers. They never refund gems, when you accidently hold your finger too long on the use gems button or even just hover over it & they have never added an are you sure you want to make that purchase, even though we all know they could. So remember, it's just a game, play because you enjoy the game & you like yor neighbors, never spend any money, don't worry if you don't get everything, only spend your gems if you really want to, pay attention to the hints on the forums so you don't turn your 3 pieces of gold in, then still have to turn the original amount of 150 gems in, even though you turned those 3 gold nuggets in & just lost them because you didn't get credit for turning them in. Remember, it's just a game with a fun story line & mostly good graphics & you will like the game even better. Be kind to your neighbors, always send their requests back & they will send yours back to you. Enjoy CS neighbors !

seascape9
09-23-15, 02:56 AM
:( I'm so sorry! Yes you made a valiant effort!

At the very least I gained two new great neighbors! It's time to purge some of my old neighbors that I have had for years that no longer play! But, how to figure that out? I had over 45 neighbors to start, now thanks to you I gained several new ones who I know I can count on! Have a great day!

seascape9
09-23-15, 03:04 AM
I play 3 accounts on castle story. My main account had enough resources so I'm just waiting on testimonials to finish the even on that account. I have 1 day and 12 hours on my other account but not enough resources to move forward. I have been on chapter 4 for both of those accounts for over 3 days and the 6th goal hasn't started. I thought that after 2 days the next goal would start. I don't have gens on my two other accounts to skip the goals to get ahead so I have been patiently waiting for the goal to expire and the new goals to start but that is not happening. Please help! I have tried force closing, restarting the devices but nothing is happening. What can I do if it's been over 3 days and my new goals aren't available fir me to start?

I forgot about that in my blinded anger at this game! Yes, that is true, I was days behind also and I never got anything that told me I could move on to the next chapter. I don't get it, so frustrating.

littlesheep15
09-23-15, 07:44 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVREYONE THAT HELPED ME FOR THEIR NEIGHBORLY SUPPORT AND HELPFUL INFORMATION! Sir Hamlet is now a proud member of my kingdom!

MaddieMay33
09-23-15, 10:16 AM
Does it count as "cleared" if there is only 1 chop left on a rock outcropping?

belbar22
09-23-15, 10:20 AM
Does it count as "cleared" if there is only 1 chop left on a rock outcropping?

Yes. Is does.

ktorewqas
09-23-15, 10:56 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVREYONE THAT HELPED ME FOR THEIR NEIGHBORLY SUPPORT AND HELPFUL INFORMATION! Sir Hamlet is now a proud member of my kingdom!congrats!:D

meme1098
09-23-15, 11:54 AM
At the very least I gained two new great neighbors! It's time to purge some of my old neighbors that I have had for years that no longer play! But, how to figure that out? I had over 45 neighbors to start, now thanks to you I gained several new ones who I know I can count on! Have a great day!

Check for recent items like level 5 Jousting Arena, the new Horse Track, or Sir Hammie items like apple trough, toy or pen.
You can also leave a message on your nbrs wall & after a week or so see if you've gotten a response. Do they have animated items on the board that are never moving, like sawmills, windmills, smoke from kitchens.
These would all be good signs of no recent activity in the game.

anissada
09-23-15, 12:38 PM
Check for recent items like level 5 Jousting Arena, the new Horse Track, or Sir Hammie items like apple trough, toy or pen.
You can also leave a message on your nbrs wall & after a week or so see if you've gotten a response. Do they have animated items on the board that are never moving, like sawmills, windmills, smoke from kitchens.
These would all be good signs of no recent activity in the game.

pls remember that android players did NOT have the opportunity to get the Hamlet goal items as that was IOS only..

kahoffman
09-23-15, 05:44 PM
ARGH. 7 testimonials still needed. Anyone wanna be my neighbor?!

meme1098
09-23-15, 06:44 PM
pls remember that android players did NOT have the opportunity to get the Hamlet goal items as that was IOS only..

Yes, so writing on a nbrs wall is one of the things to do to find out if they're still playing, along with others.

sircatalot
09-23-15, 07:05 PM
You can add me. Happy to Help.

CLOVERKAITO
09-23-15, 11:11 PM
Yes, so writing on a nbrs wall is one of the things to do to find out if they're still playing, along with others.

This doesn't quite work with me because I almost never remember to check my wall... but I have most of my buildings upgraded

anissada
09-24-15, 01:46 AM

hmz.. i do play a lot, but have so many nbs that i do not write on walls without need. i visit random, first the ones from news and my wall. but always respond on requests i receive within a few hours. so, in which category would i be placed ;)

anissada
09-24-15, 01:47 AM
ARGH. 7 testimonials still needed. Anyone wanna be my neighbor?!

invited you with both accounts

kayceecameron
09-24-15, 07:25 AM
Is there anyway to retrieve materials (ornate beams) I've given toward the sir hamlet event? Was saving them for the deep mine goal and accidentally gave them up :(

roguebee
09-24-15, 07:59 AM
Is there anyway to retrieve materials (ornate beams) I've given toward the sir hamlet event? Was saving them for the deep mine goal and accidentally gave them up :(

No, unfortunately, once given, forever gone.

dangerb0y
09-24-15, 08:42 AM
Hamlet dropped 30 energy for me.

septemberstorm777
09-24-15, 11:02 AM
Who can I complain to worked so hard paid for gold I have over 100 NBRS and just because they did not respond quickly my time ran out now they want 1000 Jems makes me want to erase the whole thing I have been playing over yr now

septemberstorm777
09-24-15, 11:06 AM
Gems not paying out any more money to this game I never used any of my gold they did not give out any gold I have 4 minds and chopped hundreds of trees they didn't even put out 1 living wood on the majority of them getting sick of this game

katbtodd
09-24-15, 11:09 AM
Who can I complain to worked so hard paid for gold I have over 100 NBRS and just because they did not respond quickly my time ran out now they want 1000 Jems makes me want to erase the whole thing I have been playing over yr now

Did you send out request every day ,, you only get back 20 -21 aday

meme1098
09-24-15, 11:21 AM
Looks like Season 2 of the monster mash is on according to the new update thread.

Bellaland2
09-24-15, 03:14 PM
While I've enjoyed the Mr. Pigglesworth challenge, I was stopped dead in my track at Chapter 5. I don't understand why it suddenly became so difficult. 150 golden nuggets and 450 fruits from the Magic Garden ...REALLY !!! Are you kidding me. Sure I could blow hundreds of GEMS but I refuse because heaven knows what's coming up in the short allotted time left. It was truly unnecessary to make it practically impossible to complete. I'm upset that I wasted 150 GEMS on golden nuggets only to be denied continuing from that point on. It's one thing to work on challenges which I can control, it's another when impossible goals are set on object over which I have little or no control. I want my 150 GEMS back. This quest was nothing more than a money and GEM grab. Shame on you. I won't be playing much anymore. You took the fun out of it.

SpiritWind00
09-24-15, 03:29 PM
This is what makes the forum invaluable because you can come here and make an informed decision about whether or not you want to participate and how far you can go before hitting a road block because of your inventory stockpile.

Not everyone finished, no, but plenty did. I think it's important to remember that events are hard. They are even harder and sometimes impossible if you're only just eligible to participate bc of your game level. My level 16 account only got the Pen and I'm super happy with that.

This event was good in that there were functional prizes for each step and they are good helpful prizes too no matter what your level.

This was probably one of my favourite events. The posts were fun, the challenges were interesting. We weren't tied to the game 24/7 like other events. And the corn, well, I'm glad it's a distant memory! :)

I will provide S8 feedback from the event. It's quite mixed feedback - some liked it others not so much.

alohomora1610
09-24-15, 04:46 PM
What is the Last Goal to do before I get Sir Hamlet? It's to get the Testemonials? I have only 19... :-(

SpiritWind00
09-24-15, 05:14 PM
What is the Last Goal to do before I get Sir Hamlet? It's to get the Testemonials? I have only 19... :-(

That's chapter 5. There is one more. The second post in this thread tells you what you need. If you have them on your board, it takes a minute to do. Good luck!

badbunny42
09-25-15, 07:39 AM
The first post says you will have 11 days once you activate. I activated yesterday and only got 6. I had no internet for 21 days so it was my first time to play. And, I did do the update first. What's up with that?

Wonkaland99
09-25-15, 08:16 AM
This is what makes the forum invaluable because you can come here and make an informed decision about whether or not you want to participate and how far you can go before hitting a road block because of your inventory stockpile.

Not everyone finished, no, but plenty did. I think it's important to remember that events are hard. They are even harder and sometimes impossible if you're only just eligible to participate bc of your game level. My level 16 account only got the Pen and I'm super happy with that.

This event was good in that there were functional prizes for each step and they are good helpful prizes too no matter what your level.

This was probably one of my favourite events. The posts were fun, the challenges were interesting. We weren't tied to the game 24/7 like other events. And the corn, well, I'm glad it's a distant memory! :)

I will provide S8 feedback from the event. It's quite mixed feedback - some liked it others not so much.

When you provide your feedback, how about suggesting an event for Android users only??

twinkletoes12348
09-25-15, 08:32 AM
When you provide your feedback, how about suggesting an event for Android users only??

That seems a bit mean-spirited. It's not like IOS users want Android players to be left out. Far from it. I'd love for all players across all platforms to be included.

Seriously700
09-25-15, 11:49 AM
My feedback:

I thought that this particular event/format would have been a total disaster with massive confusion had it not been for gem-speeding forum members generously taking their time to share their findings. (thank you!)

And even with that, not every player has the time for, interest in or knowledge of the forum. Apparently, S8 doesn't seem to care about frustrating those players. I think the least S8 could have done was provide a pop up about the help available in the forum.

Overall, I wasn't a huge fan of the event.

I don't much like timed events, and I especially don't like rare drops combined with timed events. Or neighbor requests in a timed event.

I don't like being asked for very rare items in an event when those same rare items were a huge part of a recent event.

I didn't like that those who finished a chapter fast, or who gemmed thru the wait time, didn't get an ongoing time advantage.

I didn't like that if people gave part of a requirement, the gem amount didn't go down proportionately. Ditto with the gem amount for starting the next chapter.

I thought that the lower level requirements should have been extended to more players, maybe up to level 40.

The prizes were nice but they were ridiculously costly. I got all prizes in both my accounts. I was lucky.

Wonkaland99
09-25-15, 01:37 PM
That seems a bit mean-spirited. It's not like IOS users want Android players to be left out. Far from it. I'd love for all players across all platforms to be included.

I am not for a moment suggesting any IOS user wanted this discrimination, just that perhaps S8 could find a way to compensate us for missing out.

meme1098
09-25-15, 01:46 PM
My feedback:

I thought that this particular event/format would have been a total disaster with massive confusion had it not been for gem-speeding forum members generously taking their time to share their findings. (thank you!)

And even with that, not every player has the time for, interest in or knowledge of the forum. Apparently, S8 doesn't seem to care about frustrating those players. I think the least S8 could have done was provide a pop up about the help available in the forum.

Overall, I wasn't a huge fan of the event.

I don't much like timed events, and I especially don't like rare drops combined with timed events. Or neighbor requests in a timed event.

I don't like being asked for very rare items in an event when those same rare items were a huge part of a recent event.

I didn't like that those who finished a chapter fast, or who gemmed thru the wait time, didn't get an ongoing time advantage.

I didn't like that if people gave part of a requirement, the gem amount didn't go down proportionately. Ditto with the gem amount for starting the next chapter.

I thought that the lower level requirements should have been extended to more players, maybe up to level 40.

The prizes were nice but they were ridiculously costly. I got all prizes in both my accounts. I was lucky.

All very good points & I fully agree with every one of them. Sure hope S8 is listening.

SpiritWind00
09-25-15, 06:16 PM
Yes, a good summary and I'll add my bits to that as well. And yes, I will include android player feedback. :)

dezzzila
09-26-15, 04:43 AM
I am so dumb..... I thought it was golden eggs... Not nuggets.... Yeah don't have enough of those! I used gems to speed up a few things two because I came back with only 5 days left! Haha I'm so dumb. Lesson learned: read the whole post about the times event throughly!

tvangstanke
09-26-15, 04:57 AM

I agree. I was short on gold nuggets and didn't get Hamlet, but I thoroughly enjoyed the way the challenges were designed, and the prizes I did get. I got the feeling S8 had put a lot of thought and hard work into designing this event :)

mreames
09-26-15, 08:24 AM
While challenging for many, I thought this was much more fun and interesting than the "collect the same thing over and over and over again" type of events. The resources were a challenge but time and energy could be applied to trying to get the resources that were lacking instead of meaningless tulips or whatever. For many, the nuggets were a roadblock,for some it was ornate beams or prime cuts, etc. So different people were doing different things to try to fill their needs instead of everyone doing the same thing. I think it's important to realize that this was the first time for this type of event in Castle Story and there will be hiccups that hopefully will get smoothed out. I wasn't lacking resources on this account so I didn't feel like I had to be in the game at all times to be successful. On my other account, I only had one ornate beam (and haven't fully upgraded my deep mines) so I had to spend more time there but was able to accomplish it. Fortunately I did have (barely) enough nuggets. There were functional prizes along the way, so at least not every resource was totally wasted if the player didn't reach the final prize. All in all, I give it a thumbs up. Lol

mreames
09-26-15, 08:25 AM
The first post says you will have 11 days once you activate. I activated yesterday and only got 6. I had no internet for 21 days so it was my first time to play. And, I did do the update first. What's up with that?

How has that worked out for you? I did send a testimonial a little while ago. ;)

meme1098
09-26-15, 08:40 AM

How has that worked out for you? I did send a testimonial a little while ago. ;)

I sent one to you too. Hopefully, since you're on that part, you'll make Bunny. Just be sure you're ready for the last Chapter & just need to click the buildings. First 3 farmhouses, then 3 jeweler and then 2 marketplaces. You can do it

casey19159
09-26-15, 12:56 PM
Can one theoretically finish the entire quest in 3 days (2days and 22 hours to be exact)?

I just got back onto cs and i really want sir hamlet! I have most the inventory (except nuggets ofc!) and plenty of energy storage. Im just really worried about the testimonial part .. Can it be done in 2 days?

mreames
09-26-15, 04:53 PM
If you can get to the point of asking for testimonials today.... It's possible. But the nuggets could be a problem. You would want to be sure to have 3 farms, 3 jewelers and 2 marketplaces ready to collect from as soon as you get the last testimonial. Of course don't collect from the buildings until each is given as a goal.

Can one theoretically finish the entire quest in 3 days (2days and 22 hours to be exact)?

I just got back onto cs and i really want sir hamlet! I have most the inventory (except nuggets ofc!) and plenty of energy storage. Im just really worried about the testimonial part .. Can it be done in 2 days?

janddolphins
09-26-15, 09:30 PM
After a few days of having Sir Hamlet, here is my feedback, I know some has been mentioned by others:

1. I loved the format of the event and the way the chapters were timed although gems should decrease to skip as you go along (I personally never gemmed ahead and it tested my patience for sure haha)

2. Similarly gems to skip a section should decrease when you are partially complete so you don't pay full amount regardless

3. Neighbor requests should never lever never be used in timed quests, especially considering bugs. Perhaps visiting neighbors and tapping hearts would be a better way to include the social aspect (preferably neighbors not community players)

4. The quest was a lot of fun, although the most difficult timed event for me and the only one I used some saved up gems for but did not regret. I could see those who don't know about forum using gems and getting upset

5. The drops coming from Sir Hamlet are most certainly not worth what was given, all the rare items, but the cuteness factor goes a long way and I am one who focuses on how my place looks.

6. However it was also nice to get a functional prize each step of the way, so really I am getting more than just what he drops, but aside from fertilizer the others were not too helpful for me personally although I can see them helping lower level players

7. I hope to see some other Shakespeare themed items to place with him in the future! :)

Seriously700
09-27-15, 05:34 AM
Just got hamlet on this account with 2 days to spare. My other account is waiting to start chapter 5 in 12 hours. I waited to start on this account until I had 10 ornate beams as I only had 1 and it took me over 4 days. It is worth remembering to check the 2nd post for all requirements before you start an event where you can choose when you start it. I would never have been on track to get hamlet on my 2nd account if I hadn't done that.

This is a very intriguing idea to delay the start of this chapter-style event where you get to choose the start date. That way you can prepare better for the more challenging requirements. I guess you run the risk of overlapping with another timed event, like the troll trade one, but that risk may well be worth it.

What I'm not clear on is how do you know how long you can delay the start? I've seen posts from people saying they started late and didn't get the full 11 days. And if you don't get the full number of days, do you still have to wait 48 hours in between chapters?

eva178
09-27-15, 12:51 PM
Is the Hammlet pig going to grow somehow? Because my Hammlet is after al lot of collecting still at the small baby size,

SpiritWind00
09-27-15, 04:33 PM
Is the Hammlet pig going to grow somehow? Because my Hammlet is after al lot of collecting still at the small baby size,

He stays little... :)

minndom
09-28-15, 04:27 AM
I used gems to unlock Chapter 5 early. It took me about 4 days to collect all the written testimonials. If I hadn't spent the gems I wouldn't have been able to complete this in time.

mreames
09-28-15, 09:41 AM
I can only say that in other S8 games that have used this type of event, if you waited to the bitter end to start, there is no delay between chapters.

This is a very intriguing idea to delay the start of this chapter-style event where you get to choose the start date. That way you can prepare better for the more challenging requirements. I guess you run the risk of overlapping with another timed event, like the troll trade one, but that risk may well be worth it.

What I'm not clear on is how do you know how long you can delay the start? I've seen posts from people saying they started late and didn't get the full 11 days. And if you don't get the full number of days, do you still have to wait 48 hours in between chapters?

janddolphins
09-29-15, 01:05 AM
Is it just me or does little Hamlet like to drop water a LOT?!?! Lol

I've gotten a few great drops including a 30 energy and some food, but every other drop is probably water. Not complaining too much as I've had use for the water lately making my living wood, but i have my wells and ponds for that haha

I think I will be considering Sir Hamlet a semi useful adorable deco :)

caron7
09-29-15, 02:55 AM
My apple trough, pen and toy are all gone from my castle grounds! I went through my whole dock, but they are not there, either. I closed out the game and rebooted... Still not there! I wasn't able to get Sir Hamlet, but I did have these prizes. Is anyone else having this problem? Thank you.

SpiritWind00
09-29-15, 04:38 AM
My apple trough, pen and toy are all gone from my castle grounds! I went through my whole dock, but they are not there, either. I closed out the game and rebooted... Still not there! I wasn't able to get Sir Hamlet, but I did have these prizes. Is anyone else having this problem? Thank you.

Do you switch between games on android and iOS? If you do that's why. I'll come visit you and check out your board. Sometimes another set of eyes are helpful. ;)

anurulz
09-29-15, 04:49 AM
My apple trough, pen and toy are all gone from my castle grounds! I went through my whole dock, but they are not there, either. I closed out the game and rebooted... Still not there! I wasn't able to get Sir Hamlet, but I did have these prizes. Is anyone else having this problem? Thank you.i switch android and iOS devices for the game and these items disappear on android for me too..don't worry if that's the case..u can see it on iOS..

caron7
09-29-15, 04:52 AM
Do you switch between games on android and iOS? If you do that's why. I'll come visit you and check out your board. Sometimes another set of eyes are helpful. ;)
Thank you SpiritWind, for checking. It is interesting that you can see them. I tried tapping on in the area on my ipad, but they don't seem to be there. Yesterday I did open the game on my Android phone, which I don't usually do. How can I see them again?

SpiritWind00
09-29-15, 05:02 AM
Thank you SpiritWind, for checking. It is interesting that you can see them. I tried tapping on in the area on my ipad, but they don't seem to be there. Yesterday I did open the game on my Android phone, which I don't usually do. How can I see them again?

No problem.:) I left you a message on your wall which you've probably seen, but if that doesn't work post here again and someone else who switches between the 2 platforms can give you guidance. Good luck! ;)

caron7
09-29-15, 05:13 AM
No problem.:) I left you a message on your wall which you've probably seen, but if that doesn't work post here again and someone else who switches between the 2 platforms can give you guidance. Good luck! ;)
I have tried everything... Force closing the Android app, even uninstalling it. I have rebooted both devices for good measure. I have closed out the app on the iPad as well. No luck! If anyone has any other advice, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

SpiritWind00
09-29-15, 04:42 PM
I have tried everything... Force closing the Android app, even uninstalling it. I have rebooted both devices for good measure. I have closed out the app on the iPad as well. No luck! If anyone has any other advice, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

I've escalated this for you to S8. Should have an answer for you soon... :)

PikaSquirrel
09-29-15, 05:13 PM

If you switch to an Android device and switch back to an iOS device and seem to be missing items in your Kingdom, please try reinstalling your game. Let us know if that does not help, thanks!

BuddyB111
09-29-15, 05:20 PM
Can I just mention that I play on Android, but can't see the trough or Sir Hamlet in my neighbours' kingdoms? I wasn't eligible to play this challenge, but I did expect to see the prizes others earned. Just thought I'd mention it after reading the last few posts.

caron7
09-29-15, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by caron7

I've escalated this for you to S8. Should have an answer for you soon... :)

If you switch to an Android device and switch back to an iOS device and seem to be missing items in your Kingdom, please try reinstalling your game. Let us know if that does not help, thanks!

Thank you both!! The items suddenly reappeared! I appreciate your help in escalating this. Now, back to collecting fertilizer from the pen!

SpiritWind00
09-29-15, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by caron7
Thank you both!! The items suddenly reappeared! I appreciate your help in escalating this. Now, back to collecting fertilizer from the pen!

Yay! Super pleased you can see everything now. Looks like reinstalling the app was the catalyst. At least now I know what to do to help others who have the same issue.

caron7
09-29-15, 08:32 PM
Yay! Super pleased you can see everything now. Looks like reinstalling the app was the catalyst. At least now I know what to do to help others who have the same issue.. Actually, I didn't reinstall the app. The items just reappeared after all this time... I thought because of you escalating this. I thought about uninstalling the app earlier, but when I tried I got a warning that I would lose all my data. I was afraid to uninstall and lose my progress. Unsure how that works :-/.

all progress is stored on the S8 servers, so you won't lose any data or progress by deleting and reinstalling the app. That warning box is standard across all iOS games. For us though it's irrelevant. SW :)

matrixkitten
09-29-15, 09:45 PM
Sir Hamlet has been dropping nothing but truffles all day today. Or, I should say, attempting to drop since I'm full on them. Has his loot table been changed? Anyone else has been experiencing this, or am I just that "lucky"?

SpiritWind00
09-29-15, 10:10 PM
Seems my little Hammie only likes to drop fruit.... Not sure whose vineyard he's stealing it from though!

janddolphins
09-29-15, 11:19 PM
Haha hearing the drops others are saying as well I hereby delclare Sir Hamlet a deco with a nice surprise for a drop once in a while :)

caron7
09-30-15, 04:21 AM
all progress is stored on the S8 servers, so you won't lose any data or progress by deleting and reinstalling the app. That warning box is standard across all iOS games. For us though it's irrelevant. SW :)[/QUOTE].
Thank you. Great information to have!