PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 09/10/15 Update - Sir Hamlet & Pigglesworth Event (timed, optional)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

transberry
09-13-15, 03:28 PM
I'm level 50 got alicorn this past spring after 2 years of trying and last week got a second horn, have had 2 wings for months. Never thought I'd see 1 let alone 2 alicorns

I also have 3 dragon eggs that can't be hatched yet

I'm still needing glimmer fragments for that goal so still about a goal behind

However I'm always maxed on magic fruit, have over 60 gold nuggets, have at least 20 ornate beams, over 30 gold apples

And I do nothing special didn't even have second deep mine til may, didn't have faire greenhouses til April or May

I do have all special buildings although reindeer and 1 other never got completed

I will spend the nuggets to get the pig because I love the animals, and truffles can be hard to get

Just play the game and these things you think are rare, really aren't that rare

poojal
09-13-15, 03:28 PM
Okay, thank you for clearing it!

29vanilla
09-13-15, 03:37 PM
Any opinions out there about the value of upgrading the jousting arena vs using the gold nuggets for this quest? I have plenty (60) gold nuggets. But I'm a daily player forever; they are not easy to get (: And I don't particularly want to use all for both. It would leave me dry like it has many of you.

I was hoping this new little pig would be dropping some gold nuggets. Any news of that?

mreames
09-13-15, 03:41 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the arena quest is untimed versus this one being timed. I would use the nuggets for this event, rebuild your inventory then do the arena. As far as I can tell there is no advantage to upgrading the arena other than the appearance.

Any opinions out there about the value of upgrading the jousting arena vs using the gold nuggets for this quest? I have plenty (60) gold nuggets. But I'm a daily player forever; they are not easy to get (: And I don't particularly want to use all for both. It would leave me dry like it has many of you.

I was hoping this new little pig would be dropping some gold nuggets. Any news of that?

55lee55
09-13-15, 05:13 PM

I am afraid that from what I see here, Sir Hammy is not going to be dropping significantly different drops than Sir Piggy does, and I don't recall Sir Piggy dropping any nuggets for me. Although there has been much hopeful speculation, it appears that this piggy's drops are similar to Sir Piggy's. That means the more common items will be bacon. However, Sir piggy has dropped rare items for me, including Ornate Blocks and Bars, and last week he gifted me with 100 energy, a rare drop indeed for my Mr. Piggy. I believe that I have also received very rare single gem drops from Piggy, but he is definitely not a good source of gems either. I wouldn't count on Sir Hammy as a source of gems or nuggets, sorry.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the arena quest is untimed versus this one being timed. I would use the nuggets for this event, rebuild your inventory then do the arena. As far as I can tell there is no advantage to upgrading the arena other than the appearance.

I agree with mreames on this. My arena is at level 5 and so far, I see no advantage in having leveled it except looks. This may change in the future, if we get an event where the arena is central to the story and it drops new items for an event, but you may have plenty of the rare items by then. Usually, if you wish to participate in a timed event, these are where you might want to spend your rare items, because the prize is only available for a short time.

This is one of the best pieces of advice I have seen when it comes to playing this game. It is absolutely true. If you play long enough, even the rarest items really do build up for you. Of course, then you have to decide if you are willing to then use these items from your inventory to further your game, or hoard them against the eventual possibility that you might need to use them. It may sound impossible, but this game can get boring if you hoard, because you will, like me, find that you are watching rare items show on black flags, while most of the items in your craft buildings are greyed out. So, you sit on full, or take your chances and trade some items like I did, risking the situation in which I find myself. There aren't guarantees, because after all, this is a game. Good luck and keep playing, and you will get those nuggets like I did.

I still have 77 nuggets after spending them for the last time I was asked for them, and I have done some gold trades as well, as I am trying to collect Trade Tickets for the next groups of expansions. I am full of both Ornate Beams and Blocks, so no problem there. However, since it seemed like forever since Magic Fruit was required, I had been spending down my 99 to nothing, again to collect energy and Trading Tickets from the Exchange. So, while I have, at times, been full of all of the items for this event, I couldn't forsee that Magic Fruit would be needed for this event, a miscalculation on my part which will cost me the little ham. Of course, I have 152 Trade Tickets, so I should have plenty for the next expansions. For me, the Trade Tickets give me more value in my game than my lack of Sir Hammy, who despite early hopes and speculation, doesn't seem to regularly drop gold in any form. Still, everyone's kingdom is different and everyone has slightly different goals even though the main goals are the same.

Marmalademuffin
09-13-15, 06:31 PM
I just started this event to today as I was very very busy the last few days. So I finished all the collecting for day 1 and then it said the next chapter would begin in 46 hours! This does not seem right to me. I restarted it and it is still the same so I guess at some point I will have to do two days of stuff in one. It is the same on my phone account. So is this normal?

CLOVERKAITO
09-13-15, 06:42 PM
I just started this event to today as I was very very busy the last few days. So I finished all the collecting for day 1 and then it said the next chapter would begin in 46 hours! This does not seem right to me. I restarted it and it is still the same so I guess at some point I will have to do two days of stuff in one. It is the same on my phone account. So is this normal?

Yes, it's normal

mreames
09-13-15, 06:48 PM
Before I say this is normal, how much time do you have left for the whole event? If it is 11 days or thereabouts, then it is normal. If it is 8 days and 5 hours, then I feel it should have gone straight to the next chapter. At least that's how it works in other S8 games for these kind of events.

janddolphins
09-13-15, 07:03 PM

I agree with the main sentiment of this quote, I think I the main problem though is that while you will eventually accumulate items while playing, if you recently used them or don't have enough right now, for a timed event like this it does no good knowing eventually you will get them. Just my two cents. I too play similar to you but made the mistake of using too many magic fruit and although I'm working the green houses like crazy will still probably not make it. I hoard to play so have no problem giving my nuggets or something for a reward back but just may not have the option and making peace with not being able to finish a challenge despite my work playing 5+ times a day.

But this is also the first event of this sort and issues including android players and timing have been occurring so I am hoping this will be used to learn from and perhaps Sir Hamlet will be offered later on for gems as the horses were during the other event as I may pay gems for him just for the cute factor :) just an idea for S8!

Marmalademuffin
09-13-15, 07:22 PM
Okay thanks both of you for answering so fast. I'll just wait it out then!

Yes, it's normal

mreames
09-13-15, 07:26 PM
Okay thanks both of you for answering so fast. I'll just wait it out then!

I take it that means it's showing you have 11 days left or so. ;)

myhsplace
09-13-15, 07:44 PM

nothing personal but, i been level 50 for awhile now, have been just playing the game for over two years pretty much daily, often a handful of times a day.. i don't 'think' these things are rare, I know they really are extra extra extra rare in 'my' game (have never collect more than 75 in total and never once have i reach 25 nuggets in my storage, thats how really rare they are for some of us).. so just because some players get things like nuggets like they are not that rare, it does not mean it is this way for everyone that plays the same game.. heck it took me over 10mths to get that one rare large diamond from the mines, while some got it in 1/4 or less of that time. that was irritating, but quest was not timed so i just played the game...
A little hard to have a just play the game attitude however when timed events require rare items that some of us are simply not getting even half as often as others while just playing the game during non timed event times..

midgetsocks
09-13-15, 08:10 PM
Just read the posts, and listen to how you get the Gold Nuggets! I had 10 Gold Nuggets 36 hours ago. I collected 5 more since then. You have to use up most of your energy on Iron Rich Rocks, Rock Outcroppings, Deep Mines, Mines, and Troll Vault! Yes, you will get runs of a 100 or so, to where you get nothing, but then 2 in a row. Just keep trying! Try even mixing them up, instead of putting all 40 energy on the same rocks. Be patient! If it were easy, It Wouldn't Be Fun!
Yeah I've found 4 since the event started, so it's possible. It just will probably eat up all your energy like you said. I'm making a lot of blocks of all kinds, ornate blocks too, in the workshop, silver platters, etc. with all my excess. Heck, I've even had to do the silver to mithril deal. I'm maxed on wisps so am having to make lumin essences with my excess too. I was maxed on wisp lanterns or whatever they're called and had a few expansion tickets so I expanded once to make room, etc. etc.

OnlyOneRamoth
09-13-15, 08:26 PM
There are lots of people asking for advice...here is the best advice from many many higher players....stop while you are ahead...nothing about the that little pork rind is worth it, neither the beams, the nuggets nor the gems.

arikasi
09-13-15, 08:47 PM
I have visited numerous Community buildings (hearts) and nothing is counting towards my second day goal. It remains at 0/50. I tried neighbours incase that would do it and when it didnt I tried community again.

Edit: I restarted the game and came back you a You did Fantastic screen.
So if anyone else encounters this, restart.

mreames
09-13-15, 08:51 PM
I have visited numerous Community buildings (hearts) and nothing is counting towards my second day goal. It remains at 0/50. I tried neighbours incase that would do it and when it didnt I tried community again.

Edit: I restarted the game and came back you a You did Fantastic screen.
So if anyone else encounters this, restart.

Lol I was going to suggest...... But your edit made it into the quote... Lol

nightmare325
09-13-15, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know a link or post for tree growing times? Like, how many times/hours to raise a tree? I have searched, and I'm sure something is ther....I just cant seem to find it. I want to be prepapred with enough trees to chop when the time comes. Thanks in advance!

mreames
09-13-15, 09:17 PM
I don't know a link (probably in HUB somewhere) but I think the red crabapple tree has the shortest time of 3 minutes and I believe takes 5 times to grow up.

Does anyone know a link or post for tree growing times? Like, how many times/hours to raise a tree? I have searched, and I'm sure something is ther....I just cant seem to find it. I want to be prepapred with enough trees to chop when the time comes. Thanks in advance!

AnniePMH
09-13-15, 09:24 PM
I also got an EW from him tonight:)
Edit: Or would have, but maxed. He tried, though, lol.

And glimmerdust has dropped too:)

mreames
09-13-15, 09:27 PM

Now once you say something like a block or beam or superglue, I'll think hamlet can do anything sir piggie can do, including 5 gems. Lol

AnniePMH
09-13-15, 09:59 PM
Now once you say something like a block or beam or superglue, I'll think hamlet can do anything sir piggie can do, including 5 gems. Lol

No such items yet, but I'll keep you posted:)

nightmare325
09-13-15, 10:07 PM
I don't know a link (probably in HUB somewhere) but I think the red crabapple tree has the shortest time of 3 minutes and I believe takes 5 times to grow up.

Thank you! I tried the Hub....but couldnt find anything...probably operator error, LOL

29vanilla
09-13-15, 10:29 PM

Thanks so much for your reply :)

olcastle
09-13-15, 10:37 PM

Some new trees might be missing there:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nrh0H8QX9OV3nELnlrrYX4OYtO8b9zq3-M45BYHFskI/edit#gid=3

mreames
09-13-15, 10:38 PM
Thanks so much for your reply :)

You're welcome :) the one thing I did think of is that at level 5 the arena will spawn a monster at every collection when there is such an event.... As I understand. Even then, no telling when that will be. ;)

mreames
09-13-15, 10:40 PM
Some new trees might be missing there:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nrh0H8QX9OV3nELnlrrYX4OYtO8b9zq3-M45BYHFskI/edit#gid=3

Lmao.... I just sent a link to that document to Spiritwind a few minutes ago. One has to hit the nature tab after opening it.

29vanilla
09-13-15, 10:42 PM
I am afraid that from what I see here, Sir Hammy is not going to be dropping significantly different drops than Sir Piggy does, and I don't recall Sir Piggy dropping any nuggets for me. Although there has been much hopeful speculation, it appears that this piggy's drops are similar to Sir Piggy's. That means the more common items will be bacon. However, Sir piggy has dropped rare items for me, including Ornate Blocks and Bars, and last week he gifted me with 100 energy, a rare drop indeed for my Mr. Piggy. I believe that I have also received very rare single gem drops from Piggy, but he is definitely not a good source of gems either. I wouldn't count on Sir Hammy as a source of gems or nuggets, sorry.

I agree with mreames on this. My arena is at level 5 and so far, I see no advantage in having leveled it except looks. This may change in the future, if we get an event where the arena is central to the story and it drops new items for an event, but you may have plenty of the rare items by then. Usually, if you wish to participate in a timed event, these are where you might want to spend your rare items, because the prize is only available for a short time.

This is one of the best pieces of advice I have seen when it comes to playing this game. It is absolutely true. If you play long enough, even the rarest items really do build up for you. Of course, then you have to decide if you are willing to then use these items from your inventory to further your game, or hoard them against the eventual possibility that you might need to use them. It may sound impossible, but this game can get boring if you hoard, because you will, like me, find that you are watching rare items show on black flags, while most of the items in your craft buildings are greyed out. So, you sit on full, or take your chances and trade some items like I did, risking the situation in which I find myself. There aren't guarantees, because after all, this is a game. Good luck and keep playing, and you will get those nuggets like I did.

I still have 77 nuggets after spending them for the last time I was asked for them, and I have done some gold trades as well, as I am trying to collect Trade Tickets for the next groups of expansions. I am full of both Ornate Beams and Blocks, so no problem there. However, since it seemed like forever since Magic Fruit was required, I had been spending down my 99 to nothing, again to collect energy and Trading Tickets from the Exchange. So, while I have, at times, been full of all of the items for this event, I couldn't forsee that Magic Fruit would be needed for this event, a miscalculation on my part which will cost me the little ham. Of course, I have 152 Trade Tickets, so I should have plenty for the next expansions. For me, the Trade Tickets give me more value in my game than my lack of Sir Hammy, who despite early hopes and speculation, doesn't seem to regularly drop gold in any form. Still, everyone's kingdom is different and everyone has slightly different goals even though the main goals are the same.

Thank you 55lee55 for your detailed input. I really appreciate this response from you and others and I'm sure many more players will too. I'm only heading in to Chapter 2 tomorrow, got a late start. So I'll have time to contemplate my decision on those silly gold nuggets. I may still go for it. Even a response from someone stating this lil pig is not worth all of our nuggets and beams we have accumulated has merit. Decisions...decisions... And can't forget Annie who leads the way. Thanks

29vanilla
09-13-15, 10:51 PM
You're welcome :) the one thing I did think of is that at level 5 the arena will spawn a monster at every collection when there is such an event.... As I understand. Even then, no telling when that will be. ;)

Yes I do remember that it will help with monsters for the cooking camp. I only have 7 gold tokens(: so it will be a tough decision. Appreciate the reminder. It will be hard to say no to the cute little pig though. Lol. And I want the cooking camp and everything else.

ait_vedan
09-13-15, 11:45 PM
In Chapter 4 at the beginning of this thread it says:
Chapter 4
1. Clear 6 trees [skip 60 gems]
2. Clear 20 debris [skip 40 gems] (plant in a log, ferns, patch of grass and old logs. Be mindful if you are still on the glimmer rock fortune not to clear an old log for this goal.)
When is the glimmer rock fortune? I don't remember if I was there already 😁

SpiritWind00
09-14-15, 12:02 AM
In Chapter 4 at the beginning of this thread it says:
Chapter 4
1. Clear 6 trees [skip 60 gems]
2. Clear 20 debris [skip 40 gems] (plant in a log, ferns, patch of grass and old logs. Be mindful if you are still on the glimmer rock fortune not to clear an old log for this goal.)
When is the glimmer rock fortune? I don't remember if I was there already ��

The fortune would be in your goal book if you were up to this one. It's where you chop most of a log for glimmer fragments and shards, sell, repeat. ;)

Added extra info in post 2 to help. ;)

Korlcek
09-14-15, 12:05 AM
Chapter 3 correction:
1. Harvest 40 strawberries [skip 40 gems]
2. Collect from 40 mushrooms, flowers and trees [skip 40 gems]
3. Give 10 ornate beams [skip 100 gems]

thank you! All fixed now.... SW :)

goldielambo
09-14-15, 12:07 AM
Well I think that is the quest over for me, waited until this morning to start goal 3, started collected strawberries and it has not moved the counter one iota! Cannot be ars.ed with doing stuff when the bugs in the game prevent it. So that's me done!

mreames
09-14-15, 12:21 AM
Try force closing the game and going back in. They'll probably be counted.

Well I think that is the quest over for me, waited until this morning to start goal 3, started collected strawberries and it has not moved the counter one iota! Cannot be ars.ed with doing stuff when the bugs in the game prevent it. So that's me done!

tvangstanke
09-14-15, 12:21 AM
Chapter 3 correction:

Any word on what the reward for chapter 3 is?

I don't have enough nuggets to complete the event. All the ores have run dry :rolleyes: So with Hamlet out of the equation I'm trying to figure out if the chapter reward is worth separating with 10 ornate beams?

baton_rouge_2020
09-14-15, 12:24 AM

Same thing happened to me. So dummy here planted one more, then gemmed it to harvest it right away just to make sure it wasn't because I had planted them already. Nope, counter is still at ZERO. So, I'm with you. They can keep Hamlet.

baton_rouge_2020
09-14-15, 12:27 AM
Same thing happened to me. So dummy here planted one more, then gemmed it to harvest it right away just to make sure it wasn't because I had planted them already. Nope, counter is still at ZERO. So, I'm with you. They can keep Hamlet.

Force closing worked, but it still "bugs" me (if you'll excuse the pun) that we have to do that. 😐

AnniePMH
09-14-15, 12:28 AM
Any word on what the reward for chapter 3 is?

I don't have enough nuggets to complete the event. All the ores have run dry :rolleyes: So with Hamlet out of the equation I'm trying to figure out if the chapter reward is worth separating with 10 ornamental beams?

The reward on completing chapter 3 is the apple trough:) Sorry, thought I wrote that somewhere:confused: Haven't been on the forum much this weekend...

AnniePMH
09-14-15, 12:31 AM
And the reward for chapter 4 is 10 000 coins and 20 gems, I know I posted a pic of that, lol:)

tvangstanke
09-14-15, 12:37 AM
The reward on completing chapter 3 is the apple trough:) Sorry, thought I wrote that somewhere:confused: Haven't been on the forum much this weekend...

Thanks again AnniePMH :D Robbed of the opportunity for a reunion with his smaller cousin, Sir Pigglesworth should probably get the apple trough as a consolation prize...

You probably did post the info. I suspect I've missed out on a few pages of this thread, so today just checked for updated info on the first page :cool:

matrixkitten
09-14-15, 12:48 AM
Chapter 3 correction:

For me, skipping strawberries is 80 gems. Wonder why the discrepancy.

EBJW
09-14-15, 01:17 AM
For me, skipping strawberries is 80 gems. Wonder why the discrepancy.

For me as well.
??

I've wondered about the differences alltogether: why must some players pay for instance 30 gems to skip a waiting-period (before a new chapter starts) and others 45 (while waiting for the same chapter, having the same waiting-time, all level 50 players)?

And why doesn't it count down (for instance: when you have to wait 40 hours and you have to pay 45 gems to skip, amd you wait till that countdown is lowered to 2 hours you still have to pay 45 to skip that waiting-time).
???

SpiritWind, can you ask about that as well, pretty please?

55lee55
09-14-15, 01:22 AM
nothing personal but, i been level 50 for awhile now, have been just playing the game for over two years pretty much daily, often a handful of times a day.. i don't 'think' these things are rare, I know they really are extra extra extra rare in 'my' game (have never collect more than 75 in total and never once have i reach 25 nuggets in my storage, thats how really rare they are for some of us).. so just because some players get things like nuggets like they are not that rare, it does not mean it is this way for everyone that plays the same game.. heck it took me over 10mths to get that one rare large diamond from the mines, while some got it in 1/4 or less of that time. that was irritating, but quest was not timed so i just played the game...
A little hard to have a just play the game attitude however when timed events require rare items that some of us are simply not getting even half as often as others while just playing the game during non timed event times..

I feel for you. I play multiple times a day and have plenty of everything needed but the Magic Fruit which is my fault as I had maxed out on it, but used it to collect Trade Tickets. That is how things happen sometimes. Success in filling up your stock in this game is not measured in how long a person has been playing although many try to make it about how many months or years they have bern here. I have been playing less than two years, but I have probably played seven to eight times more often than you have, and thus have a full inventory on most items. I realize this is a difficult concept, but it is how this game works. Compared to many players, those who only play once a day won't be expected to fill their inventory, even after years of play. It is hard, I know, but this is how it works.

From my limited experience with these storybook quests in one other S8 game, I saw that there very very few players were able to finish without spending a large number of gems. The storybooks appear to be a resource drain that few can win. Of course, there are those who want the prize badly enough that they will pay the price. I did once in the other game I play. I won't here because Sir Hammy doesn't have that much value to me. It is an individual decision. Unlike the world events where a dedicated player has a good chance of finishing with the prize, storybooks don't seems to be constructed in the same fashion. There are plenty of us that aren't going to get the prize on this one, for a variety of reasons. You aren't alone. But please don't let this one event discourage you. This game is truly about the more you play, the better the outcome, and the more rare items you will accumulate. Unfortunately for you, it will take you longer, in days or years, than a player like me who often plays every hour. Even that, however, is no guarantee of success because there is luck and playing style that influence outcome as well. In this game, it is true that eventually nothing is rare if you don't spend it along the way. You haven't reached that point, and some items are still rare for you. Keep playing, and someday you will find you have plenty. I used to think that there was no way to ever max out on the adhesives, yet I have done it.

There are no guarantees, especially based on how long someone has been playing. I have wished for a more accurate measure of the game, such as a count of total energy spent. If there was such a measure, I believe it would more accurately indicate the absolute rarity of items that we consider to be rare. The experience count may be a bit better than total days spent, but it is not very accurate. If you keep playing, and are good at predicting which items will be needed in future events, it really will get better. This is, unfortunately, no help at all for you in this particular quest. Please fight the discouragement. We all go through it.

kingdomgirl1234
09-14-15, 01:31 AM
Sad that my neighbours are not helping me with living woods:( Where can I find those good neighbours? I am urgently in need of living woods now!

Add me. I'm good at gift giving, just send me what you need

Also storiadelcastello. My other game at level 50 really need living wood too

AnniePMH
09-14-15, 01:35 AM

No such items yet, but I'll keep you posted:)

Ok, this collection from Sir Hamlet I got the black banner: "You can't hold more Enchanted Beams"...That was what you wanted to know, right?:D Lol!

mreames
09-14-15, 02:06 AM
Ok, this collection from Sir Hamlet I got the black banner: "You can't hold more Enchanted Beams"...That was what you wanted to know, right?:D Lol!

Lol yep! Now it sounds like a Sir Piggie match. :)lol I imagine it'll occasionally drop 5 gems, energy, etc. then.

Sandybellee
09-14-15, 02:10 AM
Yeeees!!! I'm so happy right now! For lower level players, the final Act of chapter 3 is to give 10 fancy beams! 30 gems to skip.

Will definitely get those done. I had 3 ready to go and am making 2 more right now. :)

I'm level 24.

So very happy to get the apple throug!!! I don't have any source of apples yet and my knights don't seem to be able to find me an apple tree on their quests.

They've brought me an orange tree and two lemon trees though. I guess if your knights hand you lemon trees, make lemonade. ;)

AnniePMH
09-14-15, 02:17 AM
Yeeees!!! I'm so happy right now! For lower level players, the final Act of chapter 3 is to give 10 fancy beams! 30 gems to skip.

Will definitely get those done. I had 3 ready to go and am making 2 more right now. :)

I'm level 24.

So very happy to get the apple throug!!! I don't have any source of apples yet and my knights don't seem to be able to find me an apple tree on their quests.

They've brought me an orange tree and two lemon trees though. I guess if your knights hand you lemon trees, make lemonade. ;)

That's good to hear:) I'm happy that the demands are a little easier for lower level players. I feel for those on the wrong side of the border, though...

mreames
09-14-15, 02:23 AM
I'm happy to hear it for you, too! Fancy beams are so much easier! ;)
My 2nd acct only had 1 ornate beam but that's the only thing it was lacking so I've been able to focus on those and will get them done pretty easily, I think. ;) I had considered not going through with it on my 2nd acct but had a change of heart. Lol

Dark cave adventure for apple trees. Lol although desert sands is capable of all 3 fruit trees.

I'm level 24.

LinkinPark92
09-14-15, 02:54 AM
How can I get golden nuggets easy and fast?

SpiritWind00
09-14-15, 02:56 AM
How can I get golden nuggets easy and fast?

Chop like crazy! Abandon all else and any rock that can be chopped, chop it. Mind you, they are a rare item and you may be lucky to get 1 in a rock outcropping. Other sources listed in post 2 of this thread.

SpiritWind00
09-14-15, 02:59 AM
For me as well. ??
I've wondered about the differences alltogether: why must some players pay for instance 30 gems to skip a waiting-period (before a new chapter starts) and others 45 (while waiting for the same chapter, having the same waiting-time, all level 50 players)?

And why doesn't it count down (for instance: when you have to wait 40 hours and you have to pay 45 gems to skip, amd you wait till that countdown is lowered to 2 hours you still have to pay 45 to skip that waiting-time).
???

SpiritWind, can you ask about that as well, pretty please?
I wonder if it has something to do with what country you play in?

The way the timer works is just how this event works (same in other story ones I've done in eg Fantasy Forest). I'll provide some feedback at the conclusion of the event to the team and mention the timer and gem discrepancy issues. :)

stargaze91
09-14-15, 03:04 AM

I'm level 24.

Good to hear :D atleast my neighbor would get Sir hamlet..I'm gonna send my sir piggy over to your kingdom so he can play with sir H :D

Sandybellee
09-14-15, 03:53 AM
Good to hear :D atleast my neighbor would get Sir hamlet..I'm gonna send my sir piggy over to your kingdom so he can play with sir H :D

Thanks! No telling yet if I can get to the end. Depends on what is demanded in chapter 5. I have nowhere near that many nuggets, magic fruit or even prime cuts. Your Sir piggy is very welcome to visit Sir Hammy if I'm lucky enough to get him though! I think H will be lonely without Sir P in my queendom. :)

Sandybellee
09-14-15, 03:55 AM
I'm happy to hear it for you, too! Fancy beams are so much easier! ;)
My 2nd acct only had 1 ornate beam but that's the only thing it was lacking so I've been able to focus on those and will get them done pretty easily, I think. ;) I had considered not going through with it on my 2nd acct but had a change of heart. Lol

Dark cave adventure for apple trees. Lol although desert sands is capable of all 3 fruit trees.

Thank you! That's good to know about the drops from adventures. :)

Sandybellee
09-14-15, 03:56 AM
That's good to hear:) I'm happy that the demands are a little easier for lower level players. I feel for those on the wrong side of the border, though...

Thank you Annie and thanks for blazing the way for us all! I also feel for those just above the border, where ever that may be.

55lee55
09-14-15, 05:03 AM

I'm level 24.

It is so good that there are lower requirements for lower level players. This makes it possible for some to finish this. Congratulations!

55lee55
09-14-15, 05:06 AM
Thank you Annie and thanks for blazing the way for us all! I also feel for those just above the border, where ever that may be.

Yes, thank you Annie for all you do for us. Your help is much appreciated!

Adding my hope for thise above the border as well.

Kirschbaumm
09-14-15, 05:34 AM
Hi, I've got a question:

I had a late start and I thought, if I would gemming to the next chapter 2, I could catch on with you guys. So I gemmed, but after finishing the second chapter I had to wait not only the 2 days from the second to the now awaiting third chapter: No, these 2 days have been added to the time I was gemming away! No catch on possible! Huh?! Now I'm totally confused. Can I finish in time without spending more gems on early beginning of the next chapter?
(My time to wait for chapter 3 is about 34 h)

kimberly0822
09-14-15, 05:36 AM
Ok probably a question asked often but gotta do it.
Besides the mill, Desert Sands Adventure & gifts from neighbors,
is there a particular tree that drops "living wood" more often than others?

Right now I am crafting 7th ornate beam. But " living wood" drops are few and far between.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
You can make them. In the potion shop..i chop "old logs" to get my wood (you get three wood from one log plus you also hey petals and mushrooms AND you dont have to wait for a tree to grow which takes forever) add white petals and water. 20 wood+10 white petals+5 water= 1 living wood in 15 minutes

ktorewqas
09-14-15, 06:24 AM
Thank you! Indeed, I feel a little bit better for not getting that cute sir H :o I am crafting 9th ornate beam now, will only get the 20 gems and I will sure be happy for the gems :D

burritosprings
09-14-15, 06:26 AM
Chapter 4 question. Can you have trees with one chop left to finish this part or do younhave to chop the whole tree from beginning?

nikkimommy2014
09-14-15, 06:30 AM
In chapter 4 do the new Blythe trees count for the 6 trees to chop?

AnniePMH
09-14-15, 06:48 AM
In chapter 4 do the new Blythe trees count for the 6 trees to chop?

They counted for me. Dead trees counted too, surprisingly!:)

bozotc19
09-14-15, 06:59 AM
I have all the materials...except for the magic fruit...which I have had, but did some trades which brought me down to 20. Since each one only grows 1/day, I have NO chance of getting 45. Are there other ways to acquire magic fruit other than the magic garden?

janddolphins
09-14-15, 07:03 AM
I have all the materials...except for the magic fruit...which I have had, but did some trades which brought me down to 20. Since each one only grows 1/day, I have NO chance of getting 45. Are there other ways to acquire magic fruit other than the magic garden?

Greenhouse, that's what I've been doing. Not sure I'll make 45 but I am running both of them pretty much every 4 hours and have gotten I believe 6 in two days so semi hopeful (two days ago is when I started after getting green house tip here). Although I'm running through resources so harder now as well, will have to put faires on hold for this and see what happens but I have 13 now. It is not a garaunteed drop though so luck will play a part.

*edit: there is also the magic fruit tree but somehow I missed getting it when I got all my gem trees which is a shame as it would have helped reach 45 between the 3 for me. But I started with 3 at event so have managed to get 10 so far which isn't terrible considering. I keep saying there is a slight glimmer of hope, and maybe I can use the exchange to gem a few extra if I get closer.

bozotc19
09-14-15, 07:11 AM
How do get them from greenhouse? Please help

twinkletoes12348
09-14-15, 07:21 AM
How do get them from greenhouse? Please help

3 Faeriebulb seeds, 10 water, 5 fertilizer. The results are random, no guarantee you'll get magic fruit, but it's a possibility.

myhsplace
09-14-15, 07:31 AM
I feel for you. I play multiple times a day and have plenty of everything needed but the Magic Fruit which is my fault as I had maxed out on it, but used it to collect Trade Tickets. That is how things happen sometimes. Success in filling up your stock in this game is not measured in how long a person has been playing although many try to make it about how many months or years they have bern here. I have been playing less than two years, but I have probably played seven to eight times more often than you have, and thus have a full inventory on most items. I realize this is a difficult concept, but it is how this game works. Compared to many players, those who only play once a day won't be expected to fill their inventory, even after years of play. It is hard, I know, but this is how it works.

From my limited experience with these storybook quests in one other S8 game, I saw that there very very few players were able to finish without spending a large number of gems. The storybooks appear to be a resource drain that few can win. Of course, there are those who want the prize badly enough that they will pay the price. I did once in the other game I play. I won't here because Sir Hammy doesn't have that much value to me. It is an individual decision. Unlike the world events where a dedicated player has a good chance of finishing with the prize, storybooks don't seems to be constructed in the same fashion. There are plenty of us that aren't going to get the prize on this one, for a variety of reasons. You aren't alone. But please don't let this one event discourage you. This game is truly about the more you play, the better the outcome, and the more rare items you will accumulate. Unfortunately for you, it will take you longer, in days or years, than a player like me who often plays every hour. Even that, however, is no guarantee of success because there is luck and playing style that influence outcome as well. In this game, it is true that eventually nothing is rare if you don't spend it along the way. You haven't reached that point, and some items are still rare for you. Keep playing, and someday you will find you have plenty. I used to think that there was no way to ever max out on the adhesives, yet I have done it.

There are no guarantees, especially based on how long someone has been playing. I have wished for a more accurate measure of the game, such as a count of total energy spent. If there was such a measure, I believe it would more accurately indicate the absolute rarity of items that we consider to be rare. The experience count may be a bit better than total days spent, but it is not very accurate. If you keep playing, and are good at predicting which items will be needed in future events, it really will get better. This is, unfortunately, no help at all for you in this particular quest. Please fight the discouragement. We all go through it.

you have a way with words... am still disappointed in S8 for making some of us grumpy with these ridiculous random rare drop in timed events but, i will fight the discouragement thanks to your pep talk :)

in the end piggy is not needed in my game anyways, am just not use to not accomplishing goals in games, so it stinks when S8 keeps making timed events/quests almost impossible unless you....hmmm pay, which i will not do unless "I" am reason goal is not possible in time.

janddolphins
09-14-15, 07:50 AM
[QUOTE=bozotc19;1173922]How do get them from greenhouse? Please help[/QUOTE

It's the last option "grow fairebulb seeds" takes 4 hours each

Sandybellee
09-14-15, 08:44 AM
It is so good that there are lower requirements for lower level players. This makes it possible for some to finish this. Congratulations!

Thanks, Lee! :) Yes, I'm very glad they have thought of us lower level players.

Sandybellee
09-14-15, 08:55 AM
Okay, the apple trough has landed! That was my main objective so I will be pretty happy even without Sir Hamlet if I can't get that far. But he is so cute and I love the Shakespearean reference and word play in his name!

Now will just have to wait and see what chapter 5 has in store (4 should be ok) and make the decision after finding out.

To pig or not to pig - that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them.

(Sorry, love Shakespeare & couldn't resist! :D )

janddolphins
09-14-15, 09:01 AM
Okay, the apple trough has landed! That was my main objective so I will be pretty happy even without Sir Hamlet if I can't get that far. But he is so cute and I love the Shakespearean reference and word play in his name!

Now will just have to wait and see what chapter 5 has in store (4 should be ok) and make the decision after finding out.

To pig or not to pig - that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them.

(Sorry, love Shakespeare & couldn't resist! :D )

Lol wish there was a like button for this. I too am a Shakespeare fan which is why I won't mind spending some gems as long as it's within reason for Sir Hamlet.

I know, a full Shakespeare spinoff of CS for their next game! I would so play that, would be an interesting idea for sure :) I know the other one that was fairytale based I couldn't get into.

stargaze91
09-14-15, 09:13 AM
The troll smash goal gives a reward of one gold nugget ,if anyone still has the colored animals goal :rolleyes:
I was kind of holding on to that goal to use the monsters for extra tokens in the next monster hunt :( but the nuggets are more needed now

Sandybellee
09-14-15, 09:18 AM
Lol wish there was a like button for this. I too am a Shakespeare fan which is why I won't mind spending some gems as long as it's within reason for Sir Hamlet.

I know, a full Shakespeare spinoff of CS for their next game! I would so play that, would be an interesting idea for sure :) I know the other one that was fairytale based I couldn't get into.

That's a great idea! I would definitely play that game!! :) There's potential for so many fun quests and storylines there.

Tamochan
09-14-15, 09:34 AM
I have given up on this one. Once I realised that an unreasonable amount of magic fruit and nugget were needed I knew I could not complete this task. I never have more than six magic fruit at any one time and it takes me weeks to get them. I tend to use them as I go. As for nuggets, I have never had more than ten, and I have only ever used them once for one thing a long time ago. I have the deep mines and also do the quests but never seem to get nuggets. Gold eggs, on the other hand... got lots of them. whilst i can see that the quest should have some more difficult elements that drain resources, I think it is a bit much asking for something that is such a rare drop, and asking for two different lots of them, and a large number of them is a bit silly. Seem that only the financially rich or the hackers will be able to complete this task.... such a shame....

Mylania
09-14-15, 10:43 AM
I wonder if it has something to do with what country you play in?

The way the timer works is just how this event works (same in other story ones I've done in eg Fantasy Forest). I'll provide some feedback at the conclusion of the event to the team and mention the timer and gem discrepancy issues. :)

Can you also please provide feedback about the gem skip cost not dropping with items used? It really should. I know i would be much happier to partially gem some of these harder requirements, and I doubt I am alone.

Mylania
09-14-15, 11:01 AM
Greenhouse, that's what I've been doing. Not sure I'll make 45 but I am running both of them pretty much every 4 hours and have gotten I believe 6 in two days so semi hopeful (two days ago is when I started after getting green house tip here). Although I'm running through resources so harder now as well, will have to put faires on hold for this and see what happens but I have 13 now. It is not a garaunteed drop though so luck will play a part.

*edit: there is also the magic fruit tree but somehow I missed getting it when I got all my gem trees which is a shame as it would have helped reach 45 between the 3 for me. But I started with 3 at event so have managed to get 10 so far which isn't terrible considering. I keep saying
there is a slight glimmer of hope, and maybe I can use the exchange to gem a few extra if I get closer.

I bought a magic fruit tree yesterday, and have been growing faerie bulbs in the greenhouse for the last couple of days. I should have enough in time, I think. I have gotten magic fruit from the greenhouse about every fourth time, and as a bonus have also gotten living wood from it about as often. I am a bit confused about how you might buy in the exchange if close... I followed the discussion, but if you have more than 6 fruit, the exchange says complete, doesn't allow you to buy, does it? If I am within a few, I will speed collection from the magic fruit tree, which seems to be a lot cheaper than speeding the magic garden.

Good luck to you in getting enough!

AnniePMH
09-14-15, 11:08 AM

More drops from little piggie: stone block, jewels:)

Reported drops so far: Truffle, bacon, sugar, water, orange, lemon, apple, sap, glimmerdust, enchanted beam, stone block, jewels, earth wisp...

janddolphins
09-14-15, 11:08 AM
I bought a magic fruit tree yesterday, and have been growing faerie bulbs in the greenhouse for the last couple of days. I should have enough in time, I think. I have gotten magic fruit from the greenhouse about every fourth time, and as a bonus have also gotten living wood from it about as often. I am a bit confused about how you might buy in the exchange if close... I followed the discussion, but if you have more than 6 fruit, the exchange says complete, doesn't allow you to buy, does it? If I am within a few, I will speed collection from the magic fruit tree, which seems to be a lot cheaper than speeding the magic garden.

Good luck to you in getting enough!

It took me a while to understand too. Basically from how I understand you first give all you have and then can buy at the exchange

Mylania
09-14-15, 11:35 AM
It took me a while to understand too. Basically from how I understand you first give all you have and then can buy at the exchange

Thanks..this made the lightbulb finally turn on lol. I'll see what my cheapest option is when I get there. Have to gem the nuggets, so looking to spend as little as possible on fruit.

fish63
09-14-15, 11:38 AM
Did not receive an answer if Sir Hamlet stays small? Still do not have free gifts. Hardly seems fair.

dragon2046
09-14-15, 11:47 AM
Did not receive an answer if Sir Hamlet stays small? Still do not have free gifts. Hardly seems fair.

Sir hamlet does stay small. :)

Chaotarch
09-14-15, 12:22 PM
Wooden beam and pasta as drops, all other confirm, lol

mreames
09-14-15, 12:38 PM

They have said that not everyone gets the video at this time. I don't either on this account.

LillieNomi
09-14-15, 12:59 PM
Thanks..this made the lightbulb finally turn on lol. I'll see what my cheapest option is when I get there. Have to gem the nuggets, so looking to spend as little as possible on fruit.

I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to explain my idea better or easier to understand... Will try to do better next time... 😜

Mylania
09-14-15, 02:12 PM
I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to explain my idea better or easier to understand... Will try to do better next time... ��

You explained fine...i was too thick to get it. Thanks for the idea :)

SpiritWind00
09-14-15, 02:46 PM
I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to explain my idea better or easier to understand... Will try to do better next time... ��

Me either to start with, but after my lightbulb moment I think it's a marvellous idea and I've added it to post 2.

I've also added other hints and tips throughout post 2 on the other good tips for magic fruit through the greenhouse. ;) thanks for all the ideas!

anissada
09-14-15, 02:56 PM
@SW
do you know, if i need say 4 days for a chapter, will the next one start sooner or will it still have a pause of2 days!?

SpiritWind00
09-14-15, 03:29 PM
@SW
do you know, if i need say 4 days for a chapter, will the next one start sooner or will it still have a pause of2 days!?
Yes that's how it's suppose to work according to what I've seen so far and in the other story events I've played... :) you won't have the time gap. The next chapter will start either immediately or with only a short delay depending on if you have any of the '2 days' left.

oliverrr11
09-14-15, 03:57 PM

I was thinking this too, but don't know how much it costs to buy at exchange because mine is above the number where I can buy them. Surely someone knows this? This is the only way I will complete this. I'm not buying gems to fulfill this ridiculous number of nuggets needed, and I don't have 150 gems at the moment. So if it is a fairly reasonable number of gems per nugget, I will use the gems I have on them. I am up to a whopping 10 nuggets. I had 9 when this started and got a grand total of ONE more from chopping 5 complete cave formations. I also so far have chopped 2 complete rock outcroppings with 0 nuggets found, chopped 40 iron rich rocks (not just chops - 40 complete!) with 0 found. I have not had one drop from any other source either since this started.

Edit: Yes, I can do the math in which it would be logical that 150 gems to skip means that each nugget is worth 10 gems. But this game does not necessarily follow logic as evidenced in past similar situations. My gut feeling is the exchange has an entirely different value for the gold nuggets.

A7B92
09-14-15, 04:13 PM
I had the same problem. I closed the app on my IPad. When I opened the app again, all my strawberries were counted.
This is in regard to the Chapter 3 not showing strawberry count post.

mreames
09-14-15, 04:19 PM
In case anyone wants to know, an ornate beam costs 36 gems in a deep mind that hasn't been fully upgraded. A golden nugget is also a rare drop from dark caves adventure.

tarheel219
09-14-15, 05:00 PM
Can anyone tell me how many gems would it take to purchase the golden nuggets in the royal exchange? I have 6 so it will not show me the gem cost. Was wondering if it is cheaper for me to give the six than buy through the exchange or just spend the gems to skip. Thanks.

burritosprings
09-14-15, 05:15 PM
Yes, it's normal

Normal is a setting on a major appliance

burritosprings
09-14-15, 05:22 PM
Normal is a setting on a major appliance

Do trees with only one chop left count as a cleared tree when you get to Chapter 4?

oliverrr11
09-14-15, 05:35 PM
Do trees with only one chop left count as a cleared tree when you get to Chapter 4?

I am here to help! It probably does.

janddolphins
09-14-15, 05:55 PM
I have an interesting new offer that came today. They are doing 10 nuggets, 10 magic fruit and 25 prime cuts for $4.99

I'm actually getting really lucky with the greenhouses and it's available for 4 days so I'll see how I am doing then and if the 10 is enough.

sophiensissi
09-14-15, 05:56 PM
I won't get past chapter 5 because I only have 15 magic fruit in storage right now. I'm not about to spend 450 gems to skip that goal. Oh well! Can't win them all. Good luck everyone! ��

stargaze91
09-14-15, 07:31 PM
Can anyone tell me how many gems would it take to purchase the golden nuggets in the royal exchange? I have 6 so it will not show me the gem cost. Was wondering if it is cheaper for me to give the six than buy through the exchange or just spend the gems to skip. Thanks.

I remember them to be 80 gem per nugget ,but not sure ..I think it is better to skip the nugget part unless you are just one nugget short

FlowerBurst
09-14-15, 07:48 PM

I do not recall this information; however, I found a Castle Story: List on the Forum that shows the cost of one nugget as 80 gems.

Oops! I just noticed that your question was already answered!

ait_vedan
09-14-15, 08:44 PM
I think I figured out how to reach the end and get Sir Hamlet.
Ornate beams: I will be able to make the last few I need, as I got enough livingwood from the living tree and the sawmills
Magic fruit: I'll get the last few from the tree and garden, 2 a day with still a few days to go
Nuggets: Trying to get 150 gems without paying for them, but as I have 4 nuggets right now, I can do the trade and get 5 more gems, this is cheaper then buyin nuggets. The other gems needed, I hope to get from playing other games or from watching the silly vids. At the end of this quest I'll be drained, so let's hope it takes a while before the next event starts 😁 so I can stock up again

tarheel219
09-14-15, 08:59 PM
I remember them to be 80 gem per nugget ,but not sure ..I think it is better to skip the nugget part unless you are just one nugget short

Thank you. (Thx Flower also). I got 7 now so you are right. May need to skip. I have barely enough to skip them.

djyipyipyippee
09-14-15, 09:27 PM
I had the same problem. I closed the app on my IPad. When I opened the app again, all my strawberries were counted.
This is in regard to the Chapter 3 not showing strawberry count post.

I found the same issue when asking the neighbors to help out in chapter 5. None of the neighbors' responses were showing on the counter unless I force closed the fame and restarted. It seems that they did all count, just not showing automatically.

vednir
09-14-15, 09:32 PM
Is this the first event where there was no partial credit for items and where the gem count did not decrease as you fed in items? Perhaps CS is not performing as well as it should be in the S8 books and unless it generates more income it'll go the way of the remaining discontinued stories.

Either that or it was shoddily coded, which I doubt since every other action in this game that can be sped up by gems allows for partial completion with a corresponding decrease in the gem count.

Since it's doubtful to be careless coding it is equally as doubtful that it was unintentional that one could not speed up between tasks without speeding up the remaining tasks as well. So it appears in addition to the usual gem traps we'll be seeing them try to skim more money from the people paying for gems as it's now all or nothing for tasks and speeding up doesn't really mean speeding up unless you speed up everything.

anissada
09-14-15, 11:00 PM
Yes that's how it's suppose to work according to what I've seen so far and in the other story events I've played... :) you won't have the time gap. The next chapter will start either immediately or with only a short delay depending on if you have any of the '2 days' left.

thanks, just confirming that's how it works
went straight after chapter two to chapter three without waiting time.

janddolphins
09-15-15, 12:16 AM
Just got 3 magic fruit from one greenhouse collection!!! A couple more duplicates and I may be okay! Started event with 3 and now I have 20 and this is with just garden, no tree so based on days so far and days left I will be cutting it close but the exchange may help if a few short. When first starting I thought I had no chance and now each day I am more and more hopeful. I have been collecting round the clock every 4 hours and spending all resources for these supplies so really hope I make it after this work.

I can't remember the player who originally suggested the greenhouse but a huge shout out and thank you to them! I am set on everything else so just need to get this and I might make the event.

Elaustere
09-15-15, 12:42 AM
I found that living wood just stopped dropping from cutting the regular trees. I'm trying to get living wood to craft more ornate beams. I have recently cut 3 pines, 3 yellow acer trees, 4 oaks, willow, red acer, white birch and many sap trees (may be 10 of those, may be more). And not a single living wood. Judging by the previous drop rates, this seems to be not random.
Is it a bug? Should I report it?

If it is important, I'm on the latest version and on iPad mini.

AnniePMH
09-15-15, 02:01 AM
I found that living wood just stopped dropping from cutting the regular trees. I'm trying to get living wood to craft more ornate beams. I have recently cut 3 pines, 3 yellow acer trees, 4 oaks, willow, red acer, white birch and many sap trees (may be 10 of those, may be more). And not a single living wood. Judging by the previous drop rates, this seems to be not random.
Is it a bug? Should I report it?

If it is important, I'm on the latest version and on iPad mini.

The drop rate for living wood from trees are about 1 lw in 10 chops, so it's a rare drop. It happens that you chop several trees and don't get any lw, unfortunately. Eventually, there should be lw drops, though, if you continue chopping, otherwise something is wrong...Hope you get better drops soon:)

Edit: I'm actually not sure that Sap trees drop lw...Anyone else know this?

janleigh
09-15-15, 02:29 AM
Please increase the drop rate on living wood hardly drops at all!

AnniePMH
09-15-15, 02:38 AM
More drops from little piggie: stone block, jewels:)

Reported drops so far: Truffle, bacon, sugar, water, orange, lemon, apple, sap, glimmerdust, enchanted beam, stone block, jewels, earth wisp...

Wooden beam and pasta as drops, all other confirm, lol

And now also longsword:) There's a lot of bacon, truffles and for some reason oranges (atm, for me, lol) but I still find his drops nicely varied.

Elaustere
09-15-15, 02:46 AM
The drop rate for living wood from trees are about 1 lw in 10 chops, so it's a rare drop. <...>

Edit: I'm actually not sure that Sap trees drop lw...Anyone else know this?

I have done at the very least 120 chops even without sap trees. And I 'm pretty sure that sap trees did drop living wood for me in the past.
So... Must be something wrong. Not sure how to report it, never did before.

AnniePMH
09-15-15, 03:02 AM
I have done at the very least 120 chops even without sap trees. And I 'm pretty sure that sap trees did drop living wood for me in the past.

120 chops at common trees without lw seems very unlucky indeed... Do you other guys share this experience? Since I use my living trees, it's difficult for me to know. Lol, I'm not good at reporting either...Is SW here? How about sending a PM to one of the staff, like PikaSquirrel, or posting in the bugs and issues forum?

Edit: Or use this:

Support@storm8.com

GC5410
09-15-15, 03:06 AM
I think most of the quotes in post #2 are wrong (written in first few hours of the event beginning, so things have either changed or they were guesses that have since been disproven)? This may confuse people who only read the opening posts, but don't continue reading the rest of the thread. :)

"The event doesn't start for you until you press the button to Begin. So you can wait up to 5 days to start the event and still have 6 full days (actually 5 1/2) to complete it."

The event is 12 days not 11 days. I started late, but I'm still getting 48 hours for each chapter, so will all chapters still unlock for me or will I get cut off early with no warning?

"If this is similar to what they have done with other S8 games, you will have 1 day to complete a Chapter. If you complete the chapter early, you will need to wait until the designated time for the next Chapter to start unless you spend gems to start the next Chapter early. You can take more than one day to complete the Chapter but you cannot start the next Chapter until the previous one is complete."

We have since learned chapters are 2 days not 1 day.

"You have a total of 11 days to start it. It has to be finished in 6 days once you start it or before the whole 11 days is over."

(Like I wrote above) the event is 12 days and although I started late I'm still getting 48 hours for each chapter, so will all chapters still unlock for me or will I get cut off early with no warning?

GC5410
09-15-15, 03:13 AM

120 chops at common trees without lw seems very unlucky indeed... Do you other guys share this experience? Since I use my living trees, it's difficult for me to know. Lol, I'm not good at reporting either...Is SW here? How about sending a PM to one of the staff, like PikaSquirrel, or posting in the bugs and issues forum?

Edit: Or use this:

Support@storm8.com

I needed 8 living wood at the start of this event (I have 9 ornate beams, so just needed to make one more), so I planted loads of trees. I cut down at least 20 trees (10 chops each) and only got 2 living wood. Within the same time frame I collected from my 2 sawmills a few times and got the other 6 needed. I stopped cutting trees and have just been collecting from the sawmill a few more times since and I already have another 7 living wood. Basically, I find cutting trees a waste of energy and actually find I get 95% of my living wood from my sawmills, which obviously takes a while because I have to wait hours to collect from them, but at least it doesn't waste energy on cutting trees! :)

AnniePMH
09-15-15, 03:21 AM
I needed 8 living wood at the start of this event (I have 9 ornate beams, so just needed to make one more), so I planted loads of trees. I cut down at least 20 trees (10 chops each) and only got 2 living wood. Within the same time frame I collected from my 2 sawmills a few times and got the other 6 needed. I stopped cutting trees and have just been collecting from the sawmill a few more times since and I already have another 7 living wood. Basically, I find cutting trees a waste of energy and actually find I get 95% of my living wood from my sawmills, which obviously takes a while because I have to wait hours to collect from them, but at least it doesn't waste energy on cutting trees! :)

Yes, I agree that sawmills are a good source of living wood. I really can't remember lw drop rate from trees being that bad...:(:eek:

Edit: Except for the new blythewood trees, which I found to have a very lousy lw drop rate indeed!

SpiritWind00
09-15-15, 03:37 AM
I've reviewed post 2 and removed quotes. I've got all the right info at the top of post 2, so it should be good to go now. Drops updated as well....Thanks Annie!

Elaustere
09-15-15, 03:52 AM
3 more willows, so normal trees 150 chops + 50-100 chops on sap trees, and on the last willow 1 living wood. So, it does drop, but it is hardly 1 to 10 or even 1 to 20 any more. I mean, need to know more about the distribution to judge, but under standard assumptions it is really really tiny chance to be that unfortunate.

hannsoph
09-15-15, 04:00 AM
I will never get Sir Hamlet unless I spend 100 gems to bypass the ornate beam chapter. I will never collect enough living wood to make the beams. Sawmills don't drop living wood enough and chopping trees is hit or miss. Crafting it at the potion shop is an option but so many materials needed. I have asked friends to send but there are limits there. Not happy.

spoiledrotten2020
09-15-15, 05:34 AM
The bidding booths from the equestrian event drop either one jewel or one living wood, so there is another source for living wood. 3 hour wait time, and 6 gems to speed up.

eam13
09-15-15, 06:27 AM
I will never get Sir Hamlet unless I spend 100 gems to bypass the ornate beam chapter. I will never collect enough living wood to make the beams. Sawmills don't drop living wood enough and chopping trees is hit or miss. Crafting it at the potion shop is an option but so many materials needed. I have asked friends to send but there are limits there. Not happy.

I agree completely. I can't spend the money to get a living wood tree, am getting hardly any living wood from anywhere else at all. So disappointed. I hate that s8 screws with drop rates in events like this. Makes me want to quit.

dala12
09-15-15, 06:42 AM
Same here...no dropping loving wood from trees...so I quit! I am truly sad. I leaving almost all my story games. Not one is lately fully ending without spending gems. And this is with the knowledge what I must do beforehand.

jansden
09-15-15, 06:58 AM
Same here...no dropping loving wood from trees...so I quit! I am truly sad. I leaving almost all my story games. Not one is lately fully ending without spending gems. And this is with the knowledge what I must do beforehand.

I have had to leave the stories as well and will be leaving this one. Not enough gold since I made 4 of the 5 gold bars for jousting arena leaving me with precious few nuggets. Same with magic fruit. The drops are rare that expecting us to have that many is crazy

ktorewqas
09-15-15, 07:09 AM
I can get 1 lw by chopping around 40 times, used the potion shop to craft some. But still if you do not have the living tree, it's hard to accumulate lw.

Korlcek
09-15-15, 07:09 AM
I have had to leave the stories as well and will be leaving this one. Not enough gold since I made 4 of the 5 gold bars for jousting arena leaving me with precious few nuggets. Same with magic fruit. The drops are rare that expecting us to have that many is crazy

They are filtering out non-preppers :)

roguebee
09-15-15, 07:22 AM
They are filtering out non-preppers :)

No, they are filtering out the grasshoppers... the ants are doing OK.

riverly
09-15-15, 07:23 AM
I've never seen the drop rate of gold nuggets this low. That's all I better say right now before I get in trouble.

MiniLaura
09-15-15, 07:38 AM
For all those people chopping wood to get living wood, are you aware that you can make living wood in the potion shop? (Or is that option not available to some players?)

I'm madly trying to get living wood for the faerie story line, and I've been chopping trees in hopes of getting living wood, but I also collect tons of wood that I convert to living wood in the potion shop.

Sunlightpassingthroughtheice
09-15-15, 07:55 AM
There is still hope! I thought I would never make it, started with 7 or 8 Nuggets and I just got my 15th! I even got the last two from one rock outcropping! Have been chopping all sorts of rocks and that worked for me :) It was much easier once I finished the 10 ornate beams I had to make and could concentrate all energy on rock chopping ... Just try it, there is not much to lose ;-)

eam13
09-15-15, 08:02 AM
No, they are filtering out the grasshoppers... the ants are doing OK.

Rude. I've had a full contingent of LW and Magic Fruit, but the faerie bulb and the last quest has utterly depleted my resources. And with the drop rates being so severely cut back, how can I reaccumulate? This is poor planning on someone's part, and it isn't mine.

Valexiana
09-15-15, 08:12 AM
I'm a little confused. What exchange gives you the gold nuggets? I've read through this entire thread and can't figure it out from the information given, only that if you use your nuggets you can then do the exchange... can someone help? :confused:

carleeclub
09-15-15, 08:28 AM

I agree with you completely. I am in the same boat. Sorry to hear I am not the only one that has realized Gems are the answer to finishing. I do not have enough gems and therefore would have to purchase.
good luck to you

kellbell710
09-15-15, 08:33 AM
I believe this it's part of S8 plan. They had everyone use 25 gold nuggets to upgrade the useless jousting arena so when they held this event a few weeks later, a lot of players supply would be depleted and then they could offer 10 nuggets for $5. They want real money not gems. They really are some greedy folks.

anurulz
09-15-15, 08:44 AM
I believe this it's part of S8 plan. They had everyone use 25 gold nuggets to upgrade the useless jousting arena so when they held this event a few weeks later, a lot of players supply would be depleted and then they could offer 10 nuggets for $5. They want real money not gems. They really are some greedy folks.

Yup..having two events with same requirements so close to each other reeks of manipulation..I have 16 nuggets atm but am really not sure I want to completely empty my stash coz for all we know, the very next event will AGAIN need nuggets.. Wud love to know what others are doing..
PS : those struggling with lw, use the wood excess u have from chopping trees to make lw in the potion shops..much faster and less frustrating tht way..

twinkletoes12348
09-15-15, 08:55 AM

While the timing sucks and I'm one of the people who won't have anywhere near enough nuggets, I can't agree that they're greedy. They've made a fun game that provides me with a lot of entertainment. They have developers and designers, employees to pay so that we can have our game/s with super-frequent updates. So I can't complain about the money aspect. Games don't write themselves. S****ed programmers don't work for free.

I guess this kind of hits me wrong because I also work in an industry where entitlement is running rampant and customers want everything for free.

stargaze91
09-15-15, 09:14 AM
I'm a little confused. What exchange gives you the gold nuggets? I've read through this entire thread and can't figure it out from the information given, only that if you use your nuggets you can then do the exchange... can someone help? :confused:

You can buy the nuggets in the exchange using gems ,in the golden trade..but it costs 80 gems per nugget..there is no trade which gives nuggets

Valexiana
09-15-15, 09:21 AM
You can buy the nuggets in the exchange using gems ,in the golden trade..but it costs 80 gems per nugget..there is no trade which gives nuggets

Oh! I just realized how that works. You purchase the nuggets 3 at a time using the gem button below the image as if preparing to do the trade, but not actually sending the trade. I'm a bit slow sometimes. :( Thank you! :D

twinkletoes12348
09-15-15, 09:25 AM
Oh! I just realized how that works. You purchase the nuggets 3 at a time using the gem button below the image as if preparing to do the trade, but not actually sending the trade. I'm a bit slow sometimes. :( Thank you! :D

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one scratching my head. :D

FlowerBurst
09-15-15, 09:34 AM
I've never seen the drop rate of gold nuggets this low. That's all I better say right now before I get in trouble.

I agree. My drops have always been rare but when I started using all my energy to mine rocks, I was averaging 1-2 a day. I was very hopeful that I could obtain the missing gold nuggets I needed to complete that part of the goal, but ALL drops stopped for me about two days ago--so frustrating!

samiam853
09-15-15, 09:35 AM
I have been playing for a while now and I have not had one gold nugget drop from my mines since the jousting event. I check my mines twice a day almost everyday and my nuggets have been stuck at 29 since we needed them to make the pipes. Ridiculous.

anissada
09-15-15, 09:56 AM

not advisable if you need more than 1 nugget..
skipping 15 nuggets costs 150 gems total..
and also, if you skip you get to keep the ones you have

btw.. fellora plants did help me a lot in earnigng 500.000

GC5410
09-15-15, 11:05 AM
I've reviewed post 2 and removed quotes. I've got all the right info at the top of post 2, so it should be good to go now. Drops updated as well....Thanks Annie!

Thanks SpiritWind - sorry if I've misunderstood, but all the quotes I mentioned are still showing post #2 (or at least they are to me).

will71
09-15-15, 11:19 AM
In case anyone is interested, the Apple Trough dropped 1 apple and 1 water on my first collection. No big surprise. Thanks for everyone's help.

jellyjae
09-15-15, 11:21 AM
Anyone else struggling with obtaining living wood? My sawmills don't drop enough of them and it takes hours between collecting times. Making living wood in potion shops beeds so many items. I'm not sure if all my neighbours are still active, but it seems like I'm the only one sending out living wood as gifts :( if anyone wants to add me and send living wood, I'll gift back

kingdomgirl1234
09-15-15, 11:35 AM
While the timing sucks and I'm one of the people who won't have anywhere near enough nuggets, I can't agree that they're greedy. They've made a fun game that provides me with a lot of entertainment. They have developers and designers, employees to pay so that we can have our game/s with super-frequent updates. So I can't complain about the money aspect. Games don't write themselves. S****ed programmers don't work for free.

I guess this kind of hits me wrong because I also work in an industry where entitlement is running rampant and customers want everything for free.

I happily spend money on books which give me 3-4 hours of entertainment , this game has given me a couple of years of fun and I've only bought gems once and maybe a value pack once , less than the price of a book. One of my games has 993 gems, all of which were given free by s8 for trying new games. I'm cheap with using them. I have got at least 16 gems from watching videos and will get 20 more when I finish chapter 4 . I just have to decide if I want to skip the gold as I am short a few. Might buy the value pack as it is cheaper than buying 150 gems and I can say thank you to S8 for all the fun I have playing this game

mreames
09-15-15, 12:04 PM
I honestly don't believe living wood was ever a consistent 1 in 10 drop. At least I never experienced that, it was always much worse than that for me. That's why the living wood tree was received so well when it was introduced. I own 4 of them now just because I always found it hard to gather when large amounts were needed. I realize this didn't offer much consolation. I just wanted to say it's never been abundant for me.

mreames
09-15-15, 12:09 PM
Thanks SpiritWind - sorry if I've misunderstood, but all the quotes I mentioned are still showing post #2 (or at least they are to me).

SW, you can delete the quote attributed to me in post #2 since it was based on the initial time frame and it has since changed.

mreames
09-15-15, 01:29 PM
Here's a question others may want to know..... I wonder if the apple trough is capable of dropping a golden apple? ;)

belbar22
09-15-15, 01:33 PM
I agree with you completely. I am in the same boat. Sorry to hear I am not the only one that has realized Gems are the answer to finishing. I do not have enough gems and therefore would have to purchase.
good luck to you

It has taken me 5 days to collect enough living wood to craft 10 beams. I did the dessert sands adventure and got 3 in 5 days and I received so e living wood as gifts and crafted most of the rest. I have now started the event. Don't give up it can be done.

burritosprings
09-15-15, 02:00 PM
Here's a question others may want to know..... I wonder if the apple trough is capable of dropping a golden apple? ;)

I can confirm that it does drop Golden Apples

burritosprings
09-15-15, 02:03 PM
Chapter 4 Step 1 was confirmed that a tree can only have one chop left. How about for step 2 and 3?

mreames
09-15-15, 02:10 PM

Sweet! It doesn't matter as much to me but it may to others. ;)

Sandybellee
09-15-15, 02:53 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation! Now I can finally get Sir Piggy when I get that first golden apple.

ladyperidot
09-15-15, 03:09 PM
3 Faeriebulb seeds, 10 water, 5 fertilizer. The results are random, no guarantee you'll get magic fruit, but it's a possibility.

It's definitely random. I've done this several times and no magic fruit. Oh well. Looking at the resources needed in step five Hammy isn't coming to my queendom. That's a lot of rare things and gems to make up the difference. Sounds like he drops things I'm already getting from other sources.

tuffyjkitten
09-15-15, 03:23 PM
I just figured out that my chapter 6 will open 15 minutes after the event ends on Sunday. Have sent PMs to S8 staff but not heard anything back yet.

Anyone else that hasnt skipped ahead having this problem?

meme1098
09-15-15, 03:55 PM
I just figured out that my chapter 6 will open 15 minutes after the event ends on Sunday. Have sent PMs to S8 staff but not heard anything back yet.

Oh no...going to check my clock now.

janddolphins
09-15-15, 04:48 PM

As of almost 8pm est time I am showing 6 days and 7 hours, next chapter starting in 7 hours. So still two days for chapter 4, 5, and 6. The thing I don't understand is we know it's impossible to finish chapter 5 in two days without gems needing 50 neighbor requests. Thankfully with forum, if I can manage to finish 5 depending on my resources I am prepped for 6 and it won't need two full days, but I feel for players who don't come here and know what/how to prep as there is not enough time for those building visits in chapter 6 then potentially. To me the whole timing issue has to be a mistake.

tuffyjkitten
09-15-15, 05:29 PM
As of almost 8pm est time I am showing 6 days and 7 hours, next chapter starting in 7 hours. So still two days for chapter 4, 5, and 6. The thing I don't understand is we know it's impossible to finish chapter 5 in two days without gems needing 50 neighbor requests. Thankfully with forum, if I can manage to finish 5 depending on my resources I am prepped for 6 and it won't need two full days, but I feel for players who don't come here and know what/how to prep as there is not enough time for those building visits in chapter 6 then potentially. To me the whole timing issue has to be a mistake.

Mine says 6 days 20 hrs left with chapter 4 unlocking in just under 21 hours. Chapter 5 unlocks Friday and chapter 6 unlocks Sunday. Is it over Sunday or Monday? I'm so confused after the timing was reset on day 1, especially since it changed again after that.

janddolphins
09-15-15, 05:51 PM
I am confused still with timing myself so don't want to give you the wrong answer, I hope someone can clear it up for you though! (And all of us really)

*edit - if you click on the event icon it does say on left how long until event ends. I think it might be slightly different for people depending When they started as first page says you have 11 days from when you start (although we now know it to be 12 days)

janddolphins
09-15-15, 05:53 PM
Side note, I posted in bugs section. But did anyone else who got the solitaire offer not get gem offer after completing 60 games? Now would be a really really good time to get a few more gems lol

29vanilla
09-15-15, 07:31 PM
Side note, I posted in bugs section. But did anyone else who got the solitaire offer not get gem offer after completing 60 games? Now would be a really really good time to get a few more gems lol

I got the offer to load solitaire for other games but it hasn't shown up as a goal in CS. So I didnt download. Maybe that's why. And I agree those extra gems would be great!

janddolphins
09-15-15, 07:34 PM
I got the offer to load solitaire for other games but it hasn't shown up as a goal in CS. So I didnt download. Maybe that's why. And I agree those extra gems would be great!

Mine showed in CS and I got the gems for downloading, but it's not registering I played 60 games which is second goal. The only possibility I can think of is they meant win not play, I hope not though as I'm reading it as written with "play" waiting to hear from a mod or staff member in the bugs section

29vanilla
09-15-15, 07:41 PM
Oh no...going to check my clock now.

Mine says 9 days left. I'm concerned too. The instructions seem a little contradictory. It states you don't have to start right away and I couldnt. Busy...so that's why mine is 9 days. Then it says you have 11 days from the day the event started. Huh?! Can't be right. Unless I read it wrong. I hope it means that whatever day you start within he first few days; that will start the clock for each individual player based on their own start time.

29vanilla
09-15-15, 07:51 PM

That is awesome! Especially for newer players. My concern and complaint is the gold trade (which I've never done) will become pretty useless due to the disparity of the golden items needed for that trade. 3 golden nuggets, 2 golden eggs, and 1 golden Apple. It should be in reverse order now! Sorry have to whine again about the nugget thing. Just not right!

mreames
09-15-15, 08:17 PM
The golden apple is still a very rare drop. The trough is just another source that can drop it but not necessarily often. It's easiest to chop a "million" rocks for nuggets.... Any time you want to spend the energy, just get another rock outcropping for coins.
Chickens are on 30 minute timers, can be bought with coins so the golden eggs aren't quite as easy as nuggets to get but not as hard as golden apples.
The things that drop golden apples can't be bought with coins... Have longer timers, so can't be collected from as often.

At least that's how I see the logic of the 3-2-1. Lol I maxed out golden nuggets first although they aren't quite maxed out now after the 25 we recently used but I do have around 90 now. ;)

That is awesome! Especially for newer players. My concern and complaint is the gold trade (which I've never done) will become pretty useless due to the disparity of the golden items needed for that trade. 3 golden nuggets, 2 golden eggs, and 1 golden Apple. It should be in reverse order now! Sorry have to whine again about the nugget thing. Just not right!

robotparade
09-15-15, 08:48 PM
The instructions seem a little contradictory. It states you don't have to start right away and I couldnt. Busy...so that's why mine is 9 days. Then it says you have 11 days from the day the event started. Huh?! Can't be right. Unless I read it wrong. I hope it means that whatever day you start within he first few days; that will start the clock for each individual player based on their own start time.

I found the instruction for this event really confusing from the get-go. Very disappointing.

PrincessCupOButter
09-15-15, 09:08 PM
I've been going round and round trying to decide if I want to give up so many rare drops for prizes that I don't really need....the first 4 chapters are easy enough for me, (except giving those ornate beams...that hurt!) but with chapter 5 looming, I've decided I will probably go for it. Why else am I storing up these things , if not to complete quests?

I stay maxed on truffles, so the truffle trove will probably go into storage. (I really NEEDED a truffle trove back at the beginning when the Baron was asking for them daily it seemed.) But maybe there's an update coming up that will require lots of truffles?
Sir Hamlet is cute, but at level 50 there are so many sources for the things he drops. But I want him just to have him!
And I'm hoping Sir Piggy's fancy trough has a chance to drop golden apples!

Please excuse this post....I typed it yesterday and thought it was lost.....now today, I typed a new one and hit post...this one showed up. (After an error message telling me my post was too short!?)
Anyway, I was very happy to read that there is a chance of go.den apples from the trough!!

mreames
09-15-15, 09:09 PM
I found the instruction for this event really confusing from the get-go. Very disappointing.

I try to look at it as something that has been adapted from other games for the first time. In the past, some may have been selected to be eligible to do it as a beta test, leaving out the majority of even the iOS players. They've done that for some features in other games. It's a little different format than the other games so this will probably be used to iron out the wrinkles. I see this type of event as something that will become a main staple of the game like it is in other games. Hopefully it'll get smoother and smoother as they come along. ;)

mreames
09-15-15, 09:12 PM
And I'm hoping Sir Piggy's fancy trough has a chance to drop golden apples!

I asked the question and Burrtitosprings confirmed that the trough is capable of dropping a golden apple. ;)

PrincessCupOButter
09-15-15, 09:13 PM
The golden apple is still a very rare drop. The trough is just another source that can drop it but not necessarily often. It's easiest to chop a "million" rocks for nuggets.... Any time you want to spend the energy, just get another rock outcropping for coins.
Chickens are on 30 minute timers, can be bought with coins so the golden eggs aren't quite as easy as nuggets to get but not as hard as golden apples.
The things that drop golden apples can't be bought with coins... Have longer timers, so can't be collected from as often.

At least that's how I see the logic of the 3-2-1. Lol I maxed out golden nuggets first although they aren't quite maxed out now after the 25 we recently used but I do have around 90 now. ;)

I have been maxed on golden eggs forever. But I rarely do the golden trade, because I have very few golden apples and I hate parting with those 3 nuggets. I think it just boils down to playing style....I keep 12 chickens out and collect often for the milk and dairy trade (thus the golden eggs) and I rarely collect from apple trees, because of other sources (glimmer bat, sir piggy, the cownt) For the nuggets, I just rely on the mines.

On topic, I've gotten two nuggets the last two days, (first ones since the story event started!) And my living wood drops have picked back up to normal. I sure hope I'm not jinxing myself by reporting that! Lol

It's looking like if I don't speed up any chapters, I'll have 12 hours or so left when chapter 6 unlocks. I've got the buildings out and ready. However I am strongly considering speeding up unlocking chapter 5 in order to get a head start on the neighbor requests. Just in case of delays. I can't imagine accomplishing this goal without the forum.....I don't think it's possible to finish chapter six in time without having extra buildings ready due to the way the timer is set up.

About the solitaire game, I got it, but my next goal after installing is to play 300 games. O.o
I wish it was only 60!

janddolphins
09-15-15, 09:20 PM
I just got pop up for next step for solitaire so looks like whatever it was is fixed. Just in time for some more gems to help me through this quest hopefully :)

PrincessCupOButter
09-15-15, 09:21 PM
I asked the question and Burrtitosprings confirmed that the trough is capable of dropping a golden apple. ;)

Thanks! I did see your question and burritos reply! For some reason, I couldn't post that yesterday told me I wasn't logged in. It apparently saved itself, and posted today when I tried to post something else. Probably user error, but I'm blaming my iPad. :rolleyes:

janddolphins
09-15-15, 09:24 PM
About the solitaire game, I got it, but my next goal after installing is to play 300 games. O.o
I wish it was only 60!

So weird, my next one is 140. Any chance you played a lot of games during bug and jumped to final step?

PrincessCupOButter
09-15-15, 09:28 PM
So weird, my next one is 140. Any chance you played a lot of games during bug and jumped to final step?

No, I only played one game and went to collect the gems. The 300 game request popped up immediately after that, I thought that large of a jump was odd. Maybe it was due to the bug....Very strange.

janddolphins
09-15-15, 09:45 PM
No, I only played one game and went to collect the gems. The 300 game request popped up immediately after that, I thought that large of a jump was odd. Maybe it was due to the bug....Very strange.

Well the good news is you just have to play them not win, so if you start a game and make just one move it counts as a game and you can start new one...just a tip :) my next step now is 300

PrincessCupOButter
09-15-15, 09:55 PM
Well the good news is you just have to play them not win, so if you start a game and make just one move it counts as a game and you can start new one...just a tip :) my next step now is 300

Thanks for that tip! :D

janddolphins
09-15-15, 10:12 PM
Alright, I did the math and bit the bullet and bought A magic fruit tree. I have 5-6 days with it depending on collection time and told it drops 1-2 (not sure if anyone can confirm if it ever drops 3). With that say I get another 7 or so, that's more with 120 gems then I would get from exchange and regardless it will be good to have for future even if I don't reach event. But now I have a better shot at least :)

Up to 25 magic fruit after starting with only 3! Green house around the clock has been nice to me plus garden. That means I've gotten 22 in 6 days, if I can make another 20 in the next 6 days I will have done what I thought was impossible! Thank goodness I have had the ability to play 24/7 right now

coolssp
09-15-15, 10:47 PM
I initially thought I wouldn't be able to complete this quest as I had only 4 magic fruits. I used them regularly for 15 energy trade. After reading this forum, I started crafting bulbs in the greenhouse. Now I've 26, and I think I'll be able to complete the step with minimal gem spend. I've been hoarding nuggets and after completing the arena, I had 43 left over. In the last week I received 2 more. Ornate beams no issues as I have 99 :-)

I do think that this is one of the more challenging quest and it will certainly deplete resources of hoarders like me. LoL

janddolphins
09-15-15, 10:53 PM
I do think that this is one of the more challenging quest and it will certainly deplete resources of hoarders like me. LoL

Seems like you and I were in the same boat. Crossing my fingers we both make it :)

And I agree, this has been the most stressful challenge I have faced in the game, but have to admit I am also finding it interesting format wise.

EBJW
09-15-15, 10:58 PM

I have the same!
After installing and starting my goal was playing 300 games.
That's a lot lot!

But I've something else, that's even more annoying: my countdown doesn't run! I've played 33 games now and my countdown is still on 0%! And I've foreclosed game, kingdom, and Ipad multiple times, no luck...

So not only must I play heaps and heaps before I get a reward, it's worse, I don't get a reward at all, cause my counting doesn't register....?!
:confused:

I had counted on those rewards... I bought a living tree because of this :rolleyes:

I just emailed to support.
But I'm afraid that.... well, you know....... :(

DrP4ever
09-15-15, 10:58 PM
No ornate beams, no living wood, no way to finish in time. Really dislike the need to only win with gems

anurulz
09-15-15, 11:14 PM
Ugh, am stuck at ornate beams now..7 down, 3 to go..had gotten myself a living tree few days back wen I had couple hundred gems but even with it, living wood is a problem..so down to chopping trees and making living wood..ivy hut does pop out 1-2 living wood each collection which helps..but still..since am at chapter 3 with timer showing 7 days, am wondering how the time sorts out..is it 48 hrs irrespective of whether u finish it sooner or not, or is the wait time the same even if u take full 48 hrs to finish a chapter?

stargaze91
09-15-15, 11:25 PM
Ugh, am stuck at ornate beams now..7 down, 3 to go..had gotten myself a living tree few days back wen I had couple hundred gems but even with it, living wood is a problem..so down to chopping trees and making living wood..ivy hut does pop out 1-2 living wood each collection which helps..but still..since am at chapter 3 with timer showing 7 days, am wondering how the time sorts out..is it 48 hrs irrespective of whether u finish it sooner or not, or is the wait time the same even if u take full 48 hrs to finish a chapter?

waiting period depends upon when you finish the chapter..if you complete the chapter early ,you get the remainder of the allotted time for that chapter as waiting period..if you take the whole 2 days ,then you trigger the next chapter immediately

atiragram
09-15-15, 11:27 PM
Just one question, sorry if it is answered somewhere in the thread, I didn't find it:
What happens if you don't complete a chapter within the alloted two days? Will the whole event stop? Or will I proceed to the next chapter without the reward of the one I did not make?
I ask because I really don't think I need a truffle trove. I prefer to spend my bacon for 10 energy and a trade ticket rather than feeding the baron, thus I usually have enough truffles (and am usually maxed on prime cuts). So if there was a chance to proceed and get Sir Hamlet without having to gem-skip these 15 golden nuggets (unfortunately I'm one of those who spent all their nuggets on the arena), I'd go for this alternative.

But I guess that's wishful thinking...

Kind Regards,

atiragram

SpiritWind00
09-15-15, 11:47 PM
Solitaire 0% counter stays at 0 until you hit 100%. It's not a bug, but designed that way.

Atiragram: you will find that info at the top of post 2 In this thread. If you take longer than 2 days, the next chapter starts sooner.

EBJW
09-16-15, 12:02 AM
Solitaire 0% counter stays at 0 until you hit 100%. It's not a bug, but designed that way.

Thanx for telling!
(very inconvenient however, and the first time I've seen it; don't like it cause you keep wondering if it's a bug or not; that holds me off, cause I have to play 300 games before I'm certain).

And I suppose it's designed as well that the first goal for some is playing 60 games while for others its a ’little bit' more: like 300....?

I probably don't have to tell, but if so it has taken away the fun of playing that game.... :rolleyes:

anurulz
09-16-15, 12:08 AM
waiting period depends upon when you finish the chapter..if you complete the chapter early ,you get the remainder of the allotted time for that chapter as waiting period..if you take the whole 2 days ,then you trigger the next chapter immediately

Thanx so much for the prompt reply..this chapter will take a lot of time for me coz am still making the ornate beams..

janddolphins
09-16-15, 12:18 AM
Just started chapter 4. Changing this post as originally I thought my chops were not counting

I needed to force close for the counter to move for trees chopped, but it did take partially chopped and dead trees :)

anissada
09-16-15, 12:28 AM
Mine says 9 days left. I'm concerned too. The instructions seem a little contradictory. It states you don't have to start right away and I couldnt. Busy...so that's why mine is 9 days. Then it says you have 11 days from the day the event started. Huh?! Can't be right. Unless I read it wrong. I hope it means that whatever day you start within he first few days; that will start the clock for each individual player based on their own start time.

some chapters you can rush through if you started late. as soon as you finish one, the next will start,
fe. it took me extrA days to gather the money in chapter two, the next chapter opened right away, and i steamed through that one, as it's only harvesting strawberries and mushrooms and give 10 ornated beams as i had all ready. this way i won back the lost time ;)

but i do think the whole event is temporarily, so it has a set ending date and time.
maybe SW can confirm that for you too

atiragram
09-16-15, 12:40 AM

Atiragram: you will find that info at the top of post 2 In this thread. If you take longer than 2 days, the next chapter starts sooner.
I saw that one, but I thought it means that if you gem-skip at some point which results in more waiting time later on, and you then take more time for any of the next chapters, you'll reduce again your extended working time (like it was asked in some of the posts above, that if you are two days "ahead of time" and take four days for the next chapter, the one after that will start immediately again). Further, there are so many people complaining they can't get Sir Hamlet due to a lack of nuggets or magic fruit, that I didn't dare to hope it works the way I understood it in the first place. It's also a bit the wording that confused me: If you never gem-skip waiting time, you cannot take longer than 2 days, and how could the next chapter possibly start sooner (as opposed to right away after these two days)?

So yet again to be sure: this actually means that if I don't do chapter 5, I will just not get my truffle trove, but still be able to obtain Sir Hamlet by finishing chapter 6, right? So what's meant at the top of post 2 is:
"If you don't finish the tasks of a chapter by the end of the alloted 2 days, you will not get the reward of this chapter, but the next chapter starts right away."
That's how I'd word it. Sorry if that sounds a bit critical, I only mean I probably didn't get that right because of the context of so many of the ither questions that followed. But maybe there are others who understood it like me.

Thanks again,

atiragram

matrixkitten
09-16-15, 12:59 AM
Now I'm confused. I thought that if you don't complete a chapter, the event will not progress for you. You'll be stuck at the incomplete chapter until the whole event expires. Is this not the case?

If you still progress in the event even if you don't complete a chapter, then I'll gladly let chapter 5 expire. I'm not interested in the truffle trove, but do want the pig.

mreames
09-16-15, 01:05 AM
Sorry to say, but if you do not finish any of the steps along the way, you will not be able to continue. The individual steps (chapters) are not truly timed individually. It's the beginning of a chapter that has a starting timer. Think of it as from the day you start, a new chapter can be be*** every 2 days. If you take 5 days to finish one chapter, then the next 2 chapters will be available immediately but must be done in order. For example start chapter 3, you take 5 days.. When you finish, chapter 4 is ready to begin, no waiting period... You finish it immediately and chapter 5 is now available.

In other words, you don't ONLY have 2 days to do a chapter, it doesn't expire. But if you finish a chapter immediately, at S8's midnight, there is a 2 day wait for the next chapter. I hope that makes sense. Lol

I saw that one, but I thought it means that if you gem-skip at some point which results in more waiting time later on, and you then take more time for any of the next chapters, you'll reduce again your extended working time (like it was asked in some of the posts above, that if you are two days "ahead of time" and take four days for the next chapter, the one after that will start immediately again). Further, there are so many people complaining they can't get Sir Hamlet due to a lack of nuggets or magic fruit, that I didn't dare to hope it works the way I understood it in the first place. It's also a bit the wording that confused me: If you never gem-skip waiting time, you cannot take longer than 2 days, and how could the next chapter possibly start sooner (as opposed to right away after these two days)?

So yet again to be sure: this actually means that if I don't do chapter 5, I will just not get my truffle trove, but still be able to obtain Sir Hamlet by finishing chapter 6, right? So what's meant at the top of post 2 is:
"If you don't finish the tasks of a chapter by the end of the alloted 2 days, you will not get the reward of this chapter, but the next chapter starts right away."
That's how I'd word it. Sorry if that sounds a bit critical, I only mean I probably didn't get that right because of the context of so many of the ither questions that followed. But maybe there are others who understood it like me.

Thanks again,

atiragram

mreames
09-16-15, 01:07 AM
You thought right. A chapter doesn't expire. You can't progress without finishing the previous chapter.

Now I'm confused. I thought that if you don't complete a chapter, the event will not progress for you. You'll be stuck at the incomplete chapter until the whole event expires. Is this not the case?

If you still progress in the event even if you don't complete a chapter, then I'll gladly let chapter 5 expire. I'm not interested in the truffle trove, but do want the pig.

anissada
09-16-15, 01:08 AM

Thanks again,

atiragram

no.. the next chapter will NOT start after two days, if you don't finish the one you're trapped in.
the next chapter ONLY starts after you finish the previous one.

@SW can you adjust this in post 2 !

stargaze91
09-16-15, 01:20 AM

Thanks again,

atiragram

If you don't complete a chapter ,then you sit with the same chapter till the end of the event.it does not allow you to progress any further..
I didn't complete the 500k goal in 2 days and it extended into the third day..incomplete chapters don't expire

GiambattistaV
09-16-15, 02:13 AM
Has anyone below level 25 completed the 5th chapter? Are the requirements the same? I am level 24 and have never had a single magic fruit in this game!

SpiritWind00
09-16-15, 02:42 AM
..... So what's meant at the top of post 2 is:

Thanks again,

atiragram
No, that's not right (and not critical! ;)). I've amended post 2 to make it clearer (hopefully), plus I think the previous few posts have explained the other questions/issues raised in your post well, so I've only quoted a bit of your original post. you have to finish a chapter to start the next one, so you'll get the chapter reward. :)

anissada
09-16-15, 02:53 AM
If you don't complete a chapter ,then you sit with the same chapter till the end of the event.it does not allow you to progress any further..
I didn't complete the 500k goal in 2 days and it extended into the third day..incomplete chapters don't expire

did you complete the 500k already?
i got quick money by planting fellora plants.. but don't remember on which level they were available

stargaze91
09-16-15, 03:04 AM
did you complete the 500k already?
i got quick money by planting fellora plants.. but don't remember on which level they were available

I grew fellora plants too :D I'm waiting for chapter 4 now

Those plants helped me to go from 170000 to 550000 coins in 4 days.. :)

dmpro
09-16-15, 04:21 AM
Would it be possible to have the link for adding new neighbors at the beginning of the thread? Anticipating the chapter that asks for testimonials and I am afraid I haven't been noticing how many of my neighbors are active.

Sandybellee
09-16-15, 04:44 AM
Has anyone below level 25 completed the 5th chapter? Are the requirements the same? I am level 24 and have never had a single magic fruit in this game!

My chapter 5 opens on Friday. Just leveled up to 25... Still hoping to see lower demands or I have no chance to finish.

anissada
09-16-15, 05:39 AM
Would it be possible to have the link for adding new neighbors at the beginning of the thread? Anticipating the chapter that asks for testimonials and I am afraid I haven't been noticing how many of my neighbors are active.

you mean this one: http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?110-Castle-Story-Add-Me

dmpro
09-16-15, 05:53 AM
Thanks so much!!

nessa005
09-16-15, 06:45 AM

I started a game and made a few moves but it told me to resume game. Did you just log out of the game? Can you see a counter on the solitaire page so you know how many games you've played? I did get my 30 gems for starting and now I have to play 60 more to collect again

Played 15 games and finally figured it out!

twinkletoes12348
09-16-15, 07:49 AM
For anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, or to whom it isn't blindingly obvious (like ... me! :D) those rock outcroppings (Chapter 4, Goal 3) can also be cleared with just one pickaxing left.

nessa005
09-16-15, 08:28 AM
For anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, or to whom it isn't blindingly obvious (like ... me! :D) those rock outcroppings (Chapter 4, Goal 3) can also be cleared with just one pickaxing left.
Thanks for the tip! I just had 27 energy from a quest (can't remember which one) and so used them to start on my rocks.

AnniePMH
09-16-15, 08:42 AM
I honestly don't believe living wood was ever a consistent 1 in 10 drop. At least I never experienced that, it was always much worse than that for me. That's why the living wood tree was received so well when it was introduced. I own 4 of them now just because I always found it hard to gather when large amounts were needed. I realize this didn't offer much consolation. I just wanted to say it's never been abundant for me.

I think you're right too. I chopped 9 pine trees and got lw 2% of chops, for yellow acer (9 trees) I got lw at 6% of chops...:eek: That's lower than I remember it to be last time I tried to chop trees for living wood (tannins...).

kingdomgirl1234
09-16-15, 09:19 AM

I got the 300 game request too after playing once, my other game I got 60 game request with a shorter time period

meme1098
09-16-15, 11:10 AM

If the % counter doesn't even keep a percentage of how far you've gone until you've reached 100%, what's the point of having it? ... Lol

What's the exact name of the Solitaire game? I never got a goal to install it.

rst345
09-16-15, 11:32 AM
Yes, the magic fruit tree can drop 3, not often but definitely 3,2, or 1.

kdgulle
09-16-15, 11:35 AM
If the % counter doesn't even keep a percentage of how far you've gone until you've reached 100%, what's the point of having it? ... Lol

What's the exact name of the Solitaire game? I never got a goal to install it.

It's just Solitaire nothing fancy. Storm 8 Solitaire

nessa005
09-16-15, 11:44 AM
It's just Solitaire nothing fancy. Storm 8 Solitaire

Playing the game just netted me 60 gems in under 45 minutes!

ktorewqas
09-16-15, 12:07 PM
I played 60 games but it did not get registered ??? Is any type of game counted?

carwhite
09-16-15, 12:11 PM
Crying UNCLE and throwing in the towel on this challenge. I will never collect enough nuggets in time. So sad. Hope there are more in the future that are a little more reasonable in their requirements 😩

riverly
09-16-15, 12:27 PM
Another one bites the dust!!! This is NOT good not good at all.

mreames
09-16-15, 12:44 PM
Yes, the magic fruit tree can drop 3, not often but definitely 3,2, or 1.

Really? I've never seen 3 drop out of my 4 magic fruit trees. Very rarely does it drop 2. Might you be thinking of the living wood tree that does drop 1-3 living wood regularly?

ktorewqas
09-16-15, 01:08 PM
I played 60 games but it did not get registered ??? Is any type of game counted?
Ok, it does take a while (2hrs) to get it:o

nessa005
09-16-15, 01:14 PM
Ok, it does take a while (2hrs) to get it:o

did you play each game out in full or did you just turn a card or two and then pause, hit home,and then start another one?

midgetsocks
09-16-15, 01:27 PM
I went through the solitaire deal yesterday. It wanted me to have played a total of 140 games, then a total of 300.
CS doesn't track the progress but the solitaire game does in the upper left corner.

I did it like this which I think is the easiest way:
Choose Easy, then 1 card or 3 card doesn't matter. Enter the game, let it deal, then tap the deck of cards on the top right, it will turn out either 1 or 3 cards. Then tap pause, then tap the home button, then tap Leave. Repeat for a few minutes then go back to the progress tracker in-game to see how far along you are, if you chose easy you just have to look at the first screen. It gets boring and repetitive but it's not as bad as actually playing 300 games.

I did have to actually play one solitaire game at the end, at 140 and again at 300, for the progress to show up in CS right away. I noticed when I went back into CS it didn't register, force closed it still didn't register, so I went back for a full game.

midgetsocks
09-16-15, 01:30 PM
Chapter 5 will be strange. A feverish rush to get the testimonials. I thought it would be OK, and then remembered we're not just limited in sending out requests, but in accepting requests too, or at least that's how it seems.

mreames
09-16-15, 01:55 PM
Chapter 5 will be strange. A feverish rush to get the testimonials. I thought it would be OK, and then remembered we're not just limited in sending out requests, but in accepting requests too, or at least that's how it seems.

You can send a request to everyone but can only receive back 20/21 per day. The day resets at midnight Pacific coast time. We should only need 8-10 on the 3rd day which should only take a part of the day depending on when the last requests are sent out. I think there will be plenty of time to accomplish the last chapter even allowing for that, especially if multiple buildings are ready. Even if a player only has one market, they can collect a 2nd time in 22 hours.

midgetsocks
09-16-15, 02:00 PM
Exactly, after I receive my 25 or so it's as if I'd not sent them out to all of them, just only what I get back. Otherwise I wouldn't have to do a mass request the next day. It should be fine, but maybe not.

ktorewqas
09-16-15, 02:07 PM
did you play each game out in full or did you just turn a card or two and then pause, hit home,and then start another one?
I played full. The easiest type.

SpiritWind00
09-16-15, 02:17 PM

Great idea! Link added in post 2.

rulerofjennyville
09-16-15, 02:25 PM
Isn't there a thread on the new Sir Pigglesworth's worth game? I've looked all over and I don't see one. How is that possible? And it won't let me start one. Well, I'm getting annoyed now - I'm at chapter 5, have 7 days left and I have to get 8 rare gold nuggets before I can move on. And I used gems to get this far! If the developers are reading this if I don't get the pig after using gems I'm leaving the game. That just stinks. Why would you make a rare item that rarely drops a part of a game where there is a short time limit on it? And midway through as well so you have to luck out. I've been breaking rocks for a day now.

nessa005
09-16-15, 02:26 PM
I played full. The easiest type.

Go back a page and read post #718 for quick play!

nessa005
09-16-15, 02:29 PM
Thanks for all the hints and tips for Chapter 4. I completed it with only 29 energy! I'm stopping now as I'm not giving up my hard earned nuggets of which I only have 9.

my2place
09-16-15, 02:36 PM
I gemmed from chapter 4 to 5 (48 gems) just to have a little extra time for neighbor replies. In my opinion, it was pretty much for free with the 30 gem incentive for installing solitaire and then 20 gems from finishing chapter 4. But also gotta say I am lucky to have good neighbors - I always get 20 replies within a couple of hours whenever I send out requests :)
And even though chapter 5 also left me a bit short on rare supplies, I figure it is a game that I enjoy and it's not like I can spend the gold nuggets and magic fruit in real life LOL! Just my take on things :)

ktorewqas
09-16-15, 02:36 PM
Go back a page and read post #718 for quick play!

LinkinPark92
09-16-15, 02:39 PM
Help I only got 1 golden nugget in 6 days.

The hints how to get them doesn't help at all. Is there a way to get them very easily? (Other ways like in the royal exchange?)

midgetsocks
09-16-15, 02:46 PM
I figure it is a game that I enjoy and it's not like I can spend the gold nuggets and magic fruit in real life LOL! Just my take on things :)

Ha!! This gave me a good chuckle, I needed it!:D I'm a hoarder but it's so hard to part with the nuggets!:o

SpiritWind00
09-16-15, 02:47 PM
Help I only got 1 golden nugget in 6 days.

The hints how to get them doesn't help at all. Is there a way to get them very easily? (Other ways like in the royal exchange?)
You could go on a chopping frenzy and chop rocks for a few days. Nuggets are rare. Do you have the magic fruit?

twinkletoes12348
09-16-15, 02:52 PM
You could go on a chopping frenzy and chop rocks for a few days. Nuggets are rare. Do you have the magic fruit?

Yeah, this is what I've been doing. 2 nuggets today already. Which means I have a grand total of ... 6. Wooo! I am nugget-rich.

spoiledrotten2020
09-16-15, 02:56 PM
On Chapter 4 (clearing 3 rock outcroppings), do the small rock piles count or just the huge rock outcroppings?
Thanks!

LinkinPark92
09-16-15, 03:07 PM

I'm chopping my thumbs off! Which pile of rocks do give the most nuggets?

I've tried them all!
The only nugget I got came out of my mine.

Yes I do have enough magic fruit but I only have 7 nuggets.
Is there a way to skip that part without paying 150 gems?

midgetsocks
09-16-15, 03:18 PM
I've had better luck overall with nuggets through the mines, I have all 4. In my game there's a better chance of getting jewels silver nuggets etc if I don't have too much, or too little, stone. So I keep making blocks, but not to the point of only 40 stone. I think my game is happiest when I have about 60-70 stone in inventory.

Oh, and nuggets through the large rock outcropping, but not all of them. The iron rich rock is not so good for me.

fish63
09-16-15, 03:30 PM
Still don't know why I don't have the free gift button! Level 50 and buy gems regularly. Why?

meme1098
09-16-15, 04:50 PM
I gemmed from chapter 4 to 5 (48 gems) just to have a little extra time for neighbor replies. In my opinion, it was pretty much for free with the 30 gem incentive for installing solitaire and then 20 gems from finishing chapter 4. But also gotta say I am lucky to have good neighbors - I always get 20 replies within a couple of hours whenever I send out requests :)
And even though chapter 5 also left me a bit short on rare supplies, I figure it is a game that I enjoy and it's not like I can spend the gold nuggets and magic fruit in real life LOL! Just my take on things :)

You paid 48 gems to start Chapter 5? Mine shows 60 gems to skip to Chapter 5. :(
And that doesn't go down over time.

So why the difference, S8?

mreames
09-16-15, 05:04 PM
They've always done things like that. Always. Here, I'll make you feel better. Lol mine would cost 90 gems and I don't ever get regular sales and don't get the video on this account. They don't like me at all. Lol

I've always presumed they were testing to see what the tipping point was where people would pay gems but it's gone on so long I abandoned that theory.

You paid 48 gems to start Chapter 5? Mine shows 60 gems to skip to Chapter 5. :(

mreames
09-16-15, 05:08 PM
On Chapter 4 (clearing 3 rock outcroppings), do the small rock piles count or just the huge rock outcroppings?
Thanks!

Speaking of small rock piles, that actually probably should have come with the same warning as the old log since some people... Like me... Are still on the sticky fortune. Lol of course I was fully aware and didn't chop any small rock piles. Lol

To answer the question, it says rock outcroppings and small rock piles aren't the same as rock outcroppings, so, no.

GC5410
09-16-15, 05:13 PM
My timer is due to run out on Wednesday 23rd - will I get cut off before then? Presumably for people who started straight away their timers run out on Tuesday 22nd?

I have 6 days 14 hours left (so 14 hours until chapter 4 starts).

rulerofjennyville
09-16-15, 05:32 PM
I'm annoyed with the nugget one - I only have 7 and I can't seem to get anymore. I'm irritated I used actual gems to find out that one of the levels is going to be pretty much impossible to get through so I wasted the gems I was saving. They should only do a timed game or a game where you don't have to have rare drops to move on. Not both. So what comes after it? Has anyone completed it?

PrincessCupOButter
09-16-15, 05:51 PM
They've always done things like that. Always. Here, I'll make you feel better. Lol mine would cost 90 gems and I don't ever get regular sales and don't get the video on this account. They don't like me at all. Lol

I've always presumed they were testing to see what the tipping point was where people would pay gems but it's gone on so long I abandoned that theory.

Mine is 60 gems to skip also. I thought it may have to do with what level you're on, but these posts disprove that theory too. As for the free gift video, don't count on that for gems. Mine has been 2 energy per video since day one.

GC5410
09-16-15, 06:11 PM
Mine is 60 gems to skip also. I thought it may have to do with what level you're on, but these posts disprove that theory too. As for the free gift video, don't count on that for gems. Mine has been 2 energy per video since day one.

At least you get 2 energy per video, I only ever get 1 energy! :(

chewingthecud
09-16-15, 07:25 PM
Hello All. I am worried about getting 50 testimonials - does the 20 gift per day rule still apply? If so, this is almost impossible or am I missing something?:confused:

mreames
09-16-15, 07:42 PM
Hello All. I am worried about getting 50 testimonials - does the 20 gift per day rule still apply? If so, this is almost impossible or am I missing something?:confused:

Just have everything ready for the final chapter, if you can, and it will be easy.
If you have 3 farmhouses, 3 jewelers and 2 marketplaces ready and waiting to collect from as soon as you get the 50th testimonial, you can finish chapter 6 in less than a minute. :)

matrixkitten
09-16-15, 07:44 PM

Mine is 72. I am pretty annoyed. Seems like the highest so far. I'm level 35.

mreames
09-16-15, 07:50 PM
Mine is 72. I am pretty annoyed. Seems like the highest so far. I'm level 35.

Then you didn't see that mine costs 90 gems. Lol

bacardi73
09-16-15, 08:07 PM
Is there an "add me " thread? I am looking to get enough neighbours to complete the next challenge.

Mylania
09-16-15, 08:21 PM

Mine was 90 to skip from 4 to 5! And I paid it because Chapter 5 was set to start for me late Friday and I will be out of town Fri through Mon, with limited wifi...no way I would have gotten the requests back in time if I waited. S8 must have sensed my vacation plans and knew they could get 90 gems from me! However, solitaire plus the reward for Chapter 4 almost covers the 90. I have all buildings for Chapter 6 on the board already, so I should just have to collect from them when I get home.

matrixkitten
09-16-15, 08:35 PM
Then you didn't see that mine costs 90 gems. Lol

Yikes! Yours is even worse! Seriously, S8, this is really not cool.