PDA

View Full Version : Can't type messages longer than the short message "space" anymore.

spydre1
09-09-15, 06:38 PM
Up until, oh, February of this year, like in other games, I could type messages in DS and it would just scroll the message line until I was done typing. But in February, I installed it on a new device, and while on this version I finally had access to things that I didn't have access to before - like crafting, the arena, etc. (no, I did not switch from Android to iOS), even on my phone, when I updated it to the current version, the message line wouldn't scroll anymore - and unlike games like Castle Story when it did this, if I kept typing, it screwed up everything I typed. So I'm limited to typing short little messages, which may sometimes be, like five words. I've posted on it before, was told it was a known bug, but I'm wondering if there is any progress on this? And I know it's not affecting everyone, because I see people who have written two line messages, like you can in other games, like I could before, and I've even seen other users somehow make their font smaller so their two lines can contain more characters. So why is this affecting some, but not others? And when is this bug going to be fixed?

spydre1
09-13-15, 10:13 AM
Is anyone going to reply to this? Last time I mentioned it, several months ago, someone mentioned (not a dev, not a mod, just a player) that it was a "known issue", but that is ALL that was said about it. As a matter of fact, I mentioned an issue in the RS bugs forum on the same day that I posted this - the 10th - and have received no response at all. Do the mods and devs even read the posts anymore?

hiabarara
09-25-15, 08:12 AM
That's something I always wondered about. I play on Android and I could never type long messages on people's wall. I see people who can write multiple lines and the font gets small then, but I was only ever able to type one single line. If I wanted to write more I had to type multiple messages.

I would like to have an explanation for that as well.