PDA

View Full Version : Bomb amount error, or new logic?!

ogreve
09-09-15, 07:22 AM

Attached is an image with "something interesting to see" (otherwise I wouldn't have posted it, of course). :P

Do you see what is off?

Alright, in case you don't, I'll write it down here. :P
Earlier this morning I moved the Armordillo egg to the nest and got THREE bombs instead of two!
This is really odd! Normally an Armordillo ALWAYS gives precisely two bombs, as it's an exact multiple of 6.
I was dumbfounded and wonder(ed) if it was just a fluke or if something has changed in the bomb awarding logic. I don't really think TL now works with a "spare hour carry over" system (where excess hours over the multiples of 6 hours carry over to the next breeding and count towards the 6 hour calculation for that breeding).
As I kept track of the outcomes of breeding since starting the Service trio, the latest few bomb amounts could indicate that it was either:

-Armordillo -> 12 hours -> 2 bombs.
-Aperil Fool -> 17 hours -> 2 bombs.
-Rubble Rooster -> 19 hours -> 3 bombs.
-Armordillo -> 12 hours -> 3 bombs (!).
-Plantlers -> 9 hours -> 1 bomb.
-Grassquatch -> 14 hours -> 3 bombs.

Before the first of the above Armordillos I had a Rampage (13 hours) fail. I don't remember anymore how many bombs it gave... But... the Aperil Fool gave only 2 bombs, so if a carry-over system is used, that would be 5 carry-over hours, next up was the Rubble Rooster which had 1 carry-over hour. Right after that the odd 3 bomb amount occurred for the Armordillo. Could it be that indeed carry over hours from the Fool and Rooster were added up for an additional bomb on the Armordillo outcome?! If a carry over mechanism is used I would have expected the extra bomb to be given on finishing the Rooster's breeding (as already at that time the excess 6 hours would have been reached)...
Maybe the next few outcomes will tell, if indeed a carry-over mechanism is now used, I should have 3 carry-over hours from the first Plantlers. It was followed by a Grassquatch that gave 3 bombs, so then I should have a -1 carry over time.
In other words, unless the carry over logic works in an odd way (by only having each individual carry over be taken into account on the breeding that directly follows it and no further, and then become part of the normal 'chance' algorithm).

Come to think of it, I do also recall that some 2 months ago or so I got an "impossible" amount of bombs some 2-3 times on my wife's iPhone where e.g. something like a Fairy Ferret gave two bombs or so....

Has anyone else noticed such flaws (or recently revised odd outcomes) in the positive sense for us with regard to too many bombs being awarded?

Either way: for once an Armordillo made me really happy: I'm stressed for expansions so any and all bombs that I get are very welcome! :P

ninasidstorm8
09-09-15, 07:45 AM

Attached is an image with "something interesting to see" (otherwise I wouldn't have posted it, of course). :P

Do you see what is off?

Alright, in case you don't, I'll write it down here. :P
Earlier this morning I moved the Armordillo egg to the nest and got THREE bombs instead of two!
This is really odd! Normally an Armordillo ALWAYS gives precisely two bombs, as it's an exact multiple of 6.
I was dumbfounded and wonder(ed) if it was just a fluke or if something has changed in the bomb awarding logic. I don't really think TL now works with a "spare hour carry over" system (where excess hours over the multiples of 6 hours carry over to the next breeding and count towards the 6 hour calculation for that breeding).
As I kept track of the outcomes of breeding since starting the Service trio, the latest few bomb amounts could indicate that it was either:

-Aperil Fool -> 17 hours -> 2 bombs.
-Rubble Rooster -> 19 hours -> 3 bombs.
-Armordillo -> 12 hours -> 3 bombs (!).
-Plantlers -> 9 hours -> 1 bomb.
-Grassquatch -> 14 hours -> 3 bombs.

Before the first of the above Armordillos I had a Rampage (13 hours) fail. I don't remember anymore how many bombs it gave... But... the Aperil Fool gave only 2 bombs, so if a carry-over system is used, that would be 5 carry-over hours, next up was the Rubble Rooster which had 1 carry-over hour. Right after that the odd 3 bomb amount occurred for the Armordillo. Could it be that indeed carry over hours from the Fool and Rooster were added up for an additional bomb on the Armordillo outcome?! If a carry over mechanism is used I would have expected the extra bomb to be given on finishing the Rooster's breeding (as already at that time the excess 6 hours would have been reached)...
Maybe the next few outcomes will tell, if indeed a carry-over mechanism is now used, I should have 3 carry-over hours from the first Plantlers. It was followed by a Grassquatch that gave 3 bombs, so then I should have a -1 carry over time.
In other words, unless the carry over logic works in an odd way (by only having each individual carry over be taken into account on the breeding that directly follows it and no further, and then become part of the normal 'chance' algorithm).

Come to think of it, I do also recall that some 2 months ago or so I got an "impossible" amount of bombs some 2-3 times on my wife's iPhone where e.g. something like a Fairy Ferret gave two bombs or so....

Has anyone else noticed such flaws (or recently revised odd outcomes) in the positive sense for us with regard to too many bombs being awarded?

Either way: for once an Armordillo made me really happy: I'm stressed for expansions so any and all bombs that I get are very welcome! :P

Currently there is anothe

Congratulations on your good fortune. I doubt that S8 would change to a carryover system at this time since it would involve a little more coding to keep track of the remainder and I think they have bigger problems to tackle. From my data, I can say if they did change to a carryover, it had to be after September 1 since on that day I bred consecutive 9 hour timers and only received one bomb each. I have been tracking the explosives I receive since late last year and I generally average slightly more than 1/6 runes/explosive. I think it is more likely that they have a tweak factor built into the calculation that allows them to tweak the number of runes dispensed and it benefited you. It seems as if my own rune collection has been better than average since August 21.

Good Luck on your expansions.

placebo16
09-09-15, 07:54 AM
Greetings, Olafo! I wanted to let you know that I have also received a quantity of (3) bombs for armordillos, as well as for a nine hour Racmoon recently. I understand your carry-over theory, and it is a valid assumption as to how they may calculate the amount of bombs dropped per completed breeding, and may well be accurate. Myself, I have pondered that perhaps they just drop according to the particular time of day you breed and hatch it. Not to say that if you left an egg in the den for 24 hours that you would receive an increased amount of bombs! Although that would be nice...I just think that maybe if you begin breeding at say, 5:00 AM, as I do when I awake for work, since it is five hours past midnight, when it turns 6:00 AM, I will have accumulated one bomb. Then, when it's noon, I will have then gained an additional bomb. The times may not be accurate, heck, I know that my theory most likely isn't accurate, but it amuses me to ponder on the way I sometimes receive more bombs for the same animal than I previously had.
I also must add, that I, in addition to many others on the forum, whether we remain silent or are frequent contributors, thoroughly enjoy reading your posts and the style in which you engage. Your enthusiasm rubs off, and encourages us often to just suck it up, and keep breeding our armordillo armies, so that we have a slim to none chance of obtaining the elusive animal of the week. In fact, because of your contributions, and the endearing way in which you speak of your forest (especially the Gold Lion at the time), I sent you an invite, as I had to see your forest for myself. I promise you that I am not a stalker :rolleyes: just a really good neighbor that visits you every day to contribute to the funds that raise your "A Team" of fighters. So thank you, again, for all of the heart and effort that put into your posts. And I wish you much luck in obtaining the Service Trio....after the snafu that you endured during the Spin to Win, I hope that you rewarded with these animals.

ogreve
09-09-15, 02:33 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your nice words! It's nice to see that people find my posts to be inspiring and motivational. :)
As I'm a quick typer, sometimes my posts tend to get rather long and I then always ask myself "gee, will people read all of it, or will they quit reading after 3 lines or so". The fact that you remember e.g. my particular references to the Gold Lion makes clear that indeed you have read several of my posts completely, and that's nice and encouraging to see, so thanks for that! :)
As for the Gold Lion: yes, it's pretty much still my number 1 favourite FFS animal so far. I don't know exactly why, but it just happens to have a special "feel" to it. I think it's because it's one of the very first non-battleground super rares that I got, and back then it was so intriguing to see that long 21 hour timer appear. It was so unlike the other breeding results then. Then you saw that golden egg go to the nest and you really felt you had bred something very special. I think that feeling afterwards was only equaled by me when I *finally* bred my first ultra rare, being the Golden Retriever. The fact that the Gold Lion is one of the two parents is the icing on the cake. I really love those "gold(en)" animals! So far I've bred 3 Gold Lions and I've kept them all, and unless I run into the same desperate lack-of-space situation as several of the more advanced players have, I intend to keep all three of them. :)
Now, during the Dusk Bunny tournament I felt a bit bad for Ember, my number 1 Gold Lion, which is the first one I obtained and which currently is the only one I have at epic level (the others are at levels 10 and 11 and will probably at an opportune time be raised to epic level too, as (what I call) "prestige animals" rather than for practical purposes). The situation is that I did acquire the Swan Prince recently and I have it at epic level. With that one being an ultra rare (and a very new animal in the forest) I really wanted to give that a good work out in this tournament. It then basically got to fight the rounds that normally my Gold Lion would have. Previously when in trouble in a tournament, my Gold Lion was the one who most often managed to pull me through quickly (for many others the Ancient Sloth fulfills that role). In this tournament I only saw one opportunity to let it have a go at such a round and then it lost. It just didn't feel right to sidetrack him... Well, I'll make it up to him by giving him some more work out again in the next tournament(s). :P

Thanks also for visiting my forest often, you're always welcome! I myself am far from a good neighbour and do not visit other forests very often but yours happens to be one of those that indeed has well stuck with me as I see it pop up daily in the list of people who visited my forest and because you have so many nice baby animals in your forest that a large part of it looks like a cute kindergarten. :)
Funnily your grand farm configuration (as a single line of 6 of them on the lower green plots) gives a nostalgic deja-vu feeling too, as that's the configuration in which I had them too when doing the leveling up of my A-team, which was back then still done with hours of back-to-back power pear growing. It's a nice functional layout and it makes it easy to quickly 'tab' through them (or make a "strafing run" over them, as I also call it :P ). Then, as you have the Valentine animals, it appears you started a little bit earlier than I did; though last year I got the game early as a goal game through Jewel Mania, I didn't really play it until about the end of February of this year. Apart from the Unicorn I notice you managed to get two animals that I very particularly like, being the Nightmare and the Toronado. I did actually try for the Toronado when it could be won, but IIRC correctly that was the first tournament I could participate in when reaching a high enough level (17 or so?). Consequently, at that time I didn't have so much as a shadow of my A-team and failed miserably to get it. These are two animals I'd *LOVE* to see on a future Spin to Win installment, but I do hope that my luck on it will be better than, as otherwise they might see me going bankrupt over trying to get them (particularly the nightmare). :P

Then to return to the topic of this thread: the bomb awarding logic is normally very predictable, with a "certain" bomb per each 6 hours of breeding time and a "1/6" chance for every remainder hour that is obtained after dividing the breeding time by 6. Therefore, the Armordillo according to that logic should ALWAYS give precisely two bombs, so I was really dumbfounded to see it give me 3 bombs. I normally use my gems sparsely to clear away gaps between breeding and hatching times, but still there have been moments that some animals had to wait longer in the den (mainly when absolutely wanting to hatch particular animals like the Ra etc.). I don't recall having seen more bombs being awarded at those times, but who knows.. As mentioned by ninasidstorm8 it probably is not so likely that TL really uses a carry-over mechanism as it would add unnecessary further complexity to the bomb awarding logic (which, BTW, is not very difficult to implement, but still)...
Well, maybe someday we'll find out!

Now let's hope the positiveness is being observed by the animals coming from "Canine Land", so we can all get the Service animals! :P
At the very least at the end of the day I'll have managed to have bred the only two "fails" that I still needed from the both breeding formulas! :)
Best of luck with your forest building and breeding too!

31aug2002
09-10-15, 01:19 AM
Wow!!! Olafo. That was indeed a very long but an insightful read.
I too got this game as a goal game for Mystery Crimes. Played to a certain level and quit. It popped up again as a goal a couple of months back and now I am hooked. I do not have many many many animals that I see in my neighbours forests. And am stlii trying to breed the gem and treasure animals.
Your enthusiasm about the game is infectious and it raises the spirits deflated due too fail after fail in breeding.
I too got 3 bombs for my 14 hr Grassquatch.so not being an expert on that, i will just thank my luck. (or maybe TL is trying to compensate us with bombs for not getting the dogs in the trio :p )

19sparkles96
09-21-15, 08:21 PM
In my experience,the amount of bombs is a probability roll of the dice similar to breeding common, rare, or super rare animals. The max amount possible is determined by total 4 hr blocks. If the breeding time was 12 hrs, then you will have a small chance at getting 3 bombs or even 1 bomb. The highest probability will be 2 bombs. The minimum is 2 hrs for a chance at 1 bomb with the highest probability being none. When I am focused on clearing spaces I will breed rock with gem which gives me 1 bomb every 2 hrs. (I use a technique to ensure each Rhino gives a bomb every time).

ogreve
09-22-15, 12:53 AM
Hi,
Thanks for your insight!
That's actually very confusing: it has been "commonly accepted" here that each 6 hours of breeding time gives you a guaranteed bomb, and that the remainder of the breeding time after dividing by 6, gives a 1/6 chance per hour at a bomb. IOW, a 17 hour timer would work out as follows: 17/6 = 2,83. That means 2 guaranteed bombs, and a 0.83 (i.e. 83%, or 5/6 if you will) chance at a 3rd bomb. This seems to match the amount of bombs I tend to get pretty well. Same for e.g. remainders of 3, like the Fairy Ferret (3 hours) and the Plantlers (9 hours), for those I respectively get 0 and 1 bombs about 50% of the time, and 1 and 2 bombs the other +/- 50% of the time.

By the above reasoning an Armordillo should therefore ALWAYS precisely give 2 bombs, never fewer, never more. BUT: in the past few weeks I've now TWICE gotten 3 bombs from it. So, the above logic is either flawed, incomplete, or something else is going on.

I'm curious to read further elaboration; I'll send you a PM about that so we can discuss it in detail... ;)