PDA

View Full Version : New Updates: Country Fair Event (IOS)

Pages : [1] 2

sukyee
09-09-15, 06:14 AM
New updates!!

IOS Only

Edit(KP)

Hey guys, the refreshing issues has been reported.

Current thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84594-Country-Fair-can-t-refresh-order-item)

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/wsukyee/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/ED4E279F-48F4-4974-923C-9F57E965AB76_zpspyszup2u.jpg (http://s556.photobucket.com/user/wsukyee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/ED4E279F-48F4-4974-923C-9F57E965AB76_zpspyszup2u.jpg.html)
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/wsukyee/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/BD75F4C4-9EA6-457D-8A61-C83F7DE7EA6F_zpsxsxf0ri6.jpg (http://s556.photobucket.com/user/wsukyee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/BD75F4C4-9EA6-457D-8A61-C83F7DE7EA6F_zpsxsxf0ri6.jpg.html)
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/wsukyee/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/6D8F5681-795F-4462-B4E5-9EA11FC96489_zpsvotfcpux.jpg (http://s556.photobucket.com/user/wsukyee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/6D8F5681-795F-4462-B4E5-9EA11FC96489_zpsvotfcpux.jpg.html)

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 06:52 AM
The colours in this version is the same as the Birthday version. At least the grass is back to normal and no longer "sick". Thanks Tl for the free gems from the videos. :)

Just to add, love the hearts on buildings instead of sparkles.

Seems like it's the style of the cruise event of RS2. Fulfill orders each day to earn the prize of the day. You will get more orders and the difficulty of the order increases with each day.

I have updated post #60 of event details. Hope it makes the event clearer for some. :)
Click on link for event info. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84573-New-Updates-Country-Fair-Event/page6

judyandthecat
09-09-15, 07:03 AM
A new event today oh my!

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 07:23 AM
A new event today oh my!

Yes Judy. An event so soon. :D

Time to stock up mining tools again.

bss0226
09-09-15, 07:43 AM
And items can no longer be purchased in stores that previously were. Rice crackers, egg sushi, speckled egg

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 07:47 AM
And items can no longer be purchased in stores that previously were. Rice crackers, egg sushi, speckled egg

What about iron? Players reported they can mine iron but not buy in the sweet retreat version. Sorry I can't tell cos I'm at max level, I can buy everything. I hope S8 will resolve this before the event starts else it'll affect players of certain levels. :( pls pls S8

alohadolphin
09-09-15, 08:34 AM
Has anyone gotten a goal or quest yet for this event? I just downloaded and don't see anything event related yet. Although I did notice the hearts (nice change) and that the pool party items are gone from the collections.

shedenh
09-09-15, 09:07 AM
Has anyone gotten a goal or quest yet for this event? I just downloaded and don't see anything event related yet. Although I did notice the hearts (nice change) and that the pool party items are gone from the collections.

Nothing here either

PookieBear50
09-09-15, 09:07 AM
So far all that's shown up for me are a projector on the left that says "Free Gift" that lets me earn coins for watching "movies" (adverts for new games), and--oddly--hearts appearing on my farm over various buildings. I'm guessing they indicate that someone has visited and tapped the hearts from their end.

judyandthecat
09-09-15, 09:10 AM
Events in the past have always started at 5:30 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time

orleansparish
09-09-15, 10:34 AM

I could purchase the rice crackers and list it for sale. What are speckled eggs?

orleansparish
09-09-15, 10:35 AM
So far all that's shown up for me are a projector on the left that says "Free Gift" that lets me earn coins for watching "movies" (adverts for new games), and--oddly--hearts appearing on my farm over various buildings. I'm guessing they indicate that someone has visited and tapped the hearts from their end.

What level are you? I don't see this. I should have waited for the download goal but I need every minute to do this when it starts tonight.

syncler78
09-09-15, 10:37 AM

I get that as well, and frankly, I like those changes. It was always kinda hard for me to see the "sparkling" buildings indicating someone had visited. The hearts make it easier. And the movies....2 minutes of my time (roughly) to earn 4 gems per day? Yes please! (I think it was 4 movies I watched. I wasn't counting.) This makes it a little easier for me to earn back the gems I was saving to buy a new truffle pig and "accidentally" lost during the last event.

syncler78
09-09-15, 10:37 AM
Speckled eggs: I think those are the fried eggs with truffles on top, made in the deli.

PookieBear50
09-09-15, 10:47 AM
What level are you? I don't see this. I should have waited for the download goal but I need every minute to do this when it starts tonight.

I'm at level 50-something, but I don't know that it would be level-related. Seems more like a new feature introduced for all players at all levels. Or it should be.

PookieBear50
09-09-15, 10:48 AM
I get that as well, and frankly, I like those changes. It was always kinda hard for me to see the "sparkling" buildings indicating someone had visited. The hearts make it easier. And the movies....2 minutes of my time (roughly) to earn 4 gems per day? Yes please! (I think it was 4 movies I watched. I wasn't counting.) This makes it a little easier for me to earn back the gems I was saving to buy a new truffle pig and "accidentally" lost during the last event.

Really, gems? Darn, I only watched two movies at separate times, and each time only got 75 coins. I guess I have to watch several movies consecutively to maybe earn some gems. Do you know if the "free gift" increases if you watch more movies in a row?

orleansparish
09-09-15, 11:07 AM
Speckled eggs: I think those are the fried eggs with truffles on top, made in the deli.

Oh those....thanks! They're called truffle eggs I think. Just sold a bunch of them to make room for train delivery items. I have 90 of each fish taking up space in my barn and can't make stuff with them fast enough.

syncler78
09-09-15, 11:17 AM
Oh those....thanks! They're called truffle eggs I think. Just sold a bunch of them to make room for train delivery items. I have 90 of each fish taking up space in my barn and can't make stuff with them fast enough.

90 of each fish is not a bad problem to have! If you need coins, start selling! :D

Really, gems? Darn, I only watched two movies at separate times, and each time only got 75 coins. I guess I have to watch several movies consecutively to maybe earn some gems. Do you know if the "free gift" increases if you watch more movies in a row?

Oh, it must be random then. I watched one movie and got one gem. Went back to doing some farm stuff. Watched another movie and got one gem and thought this is great and then watched one or two more. I think I got 1 gem for each movie. You got coins for watching? I must have been really lucky then. I wonder if they'll award expansion papers for watching because I could use some!

bexiboo2
09-09-15, 11:17 AM
Woohoo !!!! Everything is soooo colourful again ��

The event looks very exciting (and here was me looking forward to the upcoming Halloween goals)

I'm not sure that the prizes are the most exciting (it doesn't look like there's a pet), but it looks like it's going to be fun to take part in - just over 3 hours to find out !!

Ps it took a while for my farm to load once I'd downloaded the new version, so if you have a full/busy farm it could take some time before you see all your items

bexiboo2
09-09-15, 11:20 AM
Oh, it must be random then. I watched one movie and got one gem. Went back to doing some farm stuff. Watched another movie and got one gem and thought this is great and then watched one or two more. I think I got 1 gem for each movie. You got coins for watching? I must have been really lucky then. I wonder if they'll award expansion papers for watching because I could use some!

Lol, I think you start a campaign for expansion papers as rewards instead of gems! I'll support it!!

syncler78
09-09-15, 11:21 AM
I'm wondering if the Blue Ribbon Cow and/or the Prize Piggy will be pets or just decorations. I'm hoping pets, but if that's the case, I need to be able to fit the Prize Piggy in the Piggy Paradise habitat with my other pet pig. My farm is running out of room unless I get some expansion papers!

judyandthecat
09-09-15, 11:30 AM

I only got coin and watched several until it said done...I assume random prizes every day.

Clark_Wayne
09-09-15, 11:46 AM
Anyone noticed there are 2 squares coming next the shop ? i think we are going to have 2 morte expansion !

bexiboo2
09-09-15, 11:57 AM
I'm wondering if the Blue Ribbon Cow and/or the Prize Piggy will be pets or just decorations. I'm hoping pets, but if that's the case, I need to be able to fit the Prize Piggy in the Piggy Paradise habitat with my other pet pig. My farm is running out of room unless I get some expansion papers!

From looking at the advert on page 1 I think the ribbon cow will be a skin and the prize piggy looks like a podium decoration - we'll soon find out ...

enaid03
09-09-15, 11:59 AM
I now have the option of 3 Piggy Paradises.

orleansparish
09-09-15, 12:01 PM
Anyone noticed there are 2 squares coming next the shop ? i think we are going to have 2 morte expansion !

I just saw that too. I'd would be nice if we could use it AND it was just for coins. Or we could expand using new means. Not colledting some ultra rare maps.

orleansparish
09-09-15, 12:22 PM
I now have the option of 3 Piggy Paradises.

I got excited when I saw this, thinking we could have more animals or something. Then realized it was this. Then remembered I've been wishing forever that I could sell my pets and just buy what I need from the shop. Which means we may have the ability to win another piggy.

amiableal
09-09-15, 12:40 PM
Changes I noticed: two plots to the left of the newspaper building have been mown, but no expansion notice to those, and normal colors of train station restored (finally). I still can't get rid of the pool shack! I want it gone!

BahSunFarms
09-09-15, 12:41 PM
I earned 8 gems by repeatedly watching the videos until I was notified "that's all for today" or something like that and the video badge was removed. LOL. I'm greedy...I was going for 50 gems.

I love the hearts over the buildings as well. Nice update and the event hasn't even started!

ghjvcucjb
09-09-15, 01:01 PM
So far nothing for me. No update, no projector, nothing

ghjvcucjb
09-09-15, 01:02 PM

Ugh, just sold off about 30 of each expansion papers

PookieBear50
09-09-15, 01:27 PM
So far nothing for me. No update, no projector, nothing

If you're on iOS, you might need to manually check for updates. Not sure if it applies to Android.

PookieBear50
09-09-15, 01:35 PM

Judging by the images, it looks like there will be a Cotton Candy sheep skin, and the Blue Ribbon Cow will also be a skin. If anything, the fourth prize looks like it might be a decoration of some sort (or another skin for the pigs) and the Prize Piggy might be a pet (if it's as exclusive as advertised).

Changes I noticed: two plots to the left of the newspaper building have been mown, but no expansion notice to those, and normal colors of train station restored (finally). I still can't get rid of the pool shack! I want it gone!

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. It looks like the squares next to the Newspaper and the Side Shop may just have the County Fair(grounds) dropped in there for us to use, and then might be removed again after the event ends. Otherwise, that looks like a very large space to clear, and if we need to do it ourselves, we're all going to have to buy gems to clear that much space, especially as expansion papers are so few and far between.

enaid03
09-09-15, 01:35 PM

Maybe that's where they are holding the event since it looks different this time?

alohadolphin
09-09-15, 01:39 PM
Judging from the picture on the update, it looks like they are making room for a Ferris wheel and other fair-related things.

ghjvcucjb
09-09-15, 01:47 PM
If you're on iOS, you might need to manually check for updates. Not sure if it applies to Android.

Thanks Pookie! I've been manually checking all day and still nada. Very strange

jed1066
09-09-15, 02:01 PM
Just downloaded new update it says it starts 9/9 5.30 EST I'm in the United Kingdom what time does it start here?
I converted the time and it said 9.30 gmt but it hasn't started yet
Did I get the time or date wrong pls ?

judyandthecat
09-09-15, 02:07 PM
Just downloaded new update it says it starts 9/9 5.30 EST I'm in the United Kingdom what time does it start here?

It will be starting about twenty minutes from the time of this post

syncler78
09-09-15, 02:07 PM

Which side of the Greenwich meridian are you on? If you're east of it, it will start in about 20 minutes for you. If you're west, then it should have already be***. Did you manually update the app yet?

ghjvcucjb
09-09-15, 02:28 PM
Still no update here

Woo hoo, my screen just frozed and sync chicken took forever then voile' update!

jed1066
09-09-15, 02:30 PM
Yes I went to the App Store and clicked updates it appeared so pressed update and it installed on the original version not sweet retreat .

kooky panda
09-09-15, 02:33 PM
Update is here. For IOS be sure and download the new County Fair Version from iTunes.

orleansparish
09-09-15, 02:34 PM
Oh wow! This is so awesome. It's like the events on RS2 where we turn in food to collect prizes. Bad for me the stuff I need takes hours but I won't refresh. First one wants 3 chocolate fudges. Second one wants 2 biscuits and 2 salmon quiches. And the 3rd I don't remember but I think I saw neighbors selling them all earlier. So I'm about to scour their shops before I start cooking.

Good luck everyone!

judyandthecat
09-09-15, 02:37 PM
Oh wow! This is so awesome. It's like the events on RS2 where we turn in food to collect prizes. Bad for me the stuff I need takes hours but I won't refresh. First one wants 3 chocolate fudges. Second one wants 2 biscuits and 2 salmon quiches. And the 3rd I don't remember but I think I saw neighbors selling them all earlier. So I'm about to scour their shops before I start cooking.

Good luck everyone!

I am done today's deliveries. Looks like random orders like the plane and train

jed1066
09-09-15, 02:37 PM
Yipee yes it has just started here in the UK 10.30 pm . Thankyou for the info,
Looks Like an awesome event
Good luck everyone

PookieBear50
09-09-15, 02:39 PM
Bummer...I have to wait another 2.5 hours before I can get home and start playing again. In the meantime, I hope to see lots of info here so when I start I can jump in and catch up quickly.

Good luck, everyone!

ghjvcucjb
09-09-15, 02:44 PM
I earned 8 gems by repeatedly watching the videos until I was notified "that's all for today" or something like that and the video badge was removed. LOL. I'm greedy...I was going for 50 gems.

I love the hearts over the buildings as well. Nice update and the event hasn't even started!

I'm only getting 75 coins for watching. No gems. Although I now want to play paradise bay

orleansparish
09-09-15, 02:48 PM
I am done today's deliveries. Looks like random orders like the plane and train

That's how the RS2 one is. Random dishes that gives a certain amount of points. We can refresh them and new ones pop up in 30 minutes. I'll just have to wait and see if it'll also ask for non food items. But so far, so good. I turned in all but two of my plane delivery items, so if there are no conflicts I'm good. Otherwise I'll give the items to the event and just take the 2 gems for now.

I'm still bitter though because I couldn't finish the rs2 one last time. I wanted that baked Alaska. First one I couldn't finish due to other things of importance.

ghjvcucjb
09-09-15, 02:48 PM
Oh man. In my excitement to start I loaded before prepping the next day and now I'm locked out until day 2. This is totally like RS2 cruise events.

orleansparish
09-09-15, 02:49 PM
I'm only getting 75 coins for watching. No gems. Although I now want to play paradise bay

I don't have any button at all. They're punishing me for letting me collect gems on restaurant story that varies from 2-6 gems daily. And on a couple bakery accounts I can get five gems daily.

orleansparish
09-09-15, 02:51 PM
Oh man. In my excitement to start I loaded before prepping the next day and now I'm locked out until day 2. This is totally like RS2 cruise events.

You can still see what's coming for day 2 can't you? Even if it's something lame I'd get it ready. I refreshed the quiche. No time to make flour, cheese and bake it. So I'm making the truffles and fudge. I can wait. This may be the first no stress event I've ever done on this game.

bexiboo2
09-09-15, 03:11 PM

How do you know what to prep for the next day? I can't see any preview orders?

Eeeek! This goal is looking very exciting. I don't play RS2 so this is a completely new goal style to me - hopefully it will be achievable too - good luck everyone!

FunkyJM
09-09-15, 03:18 PM
Hi all😊,
Is this contest only for IOS or will Android be included? I haven't seen an update in the playstore and no message in the game FS2.
Good luck all.

ghjvcucjb
09-09-15, 03:26 PM
I don't have any button at all. They're punishing me for letting me collect gems on restaurant story that varies from 2-6 gems daily. And on a couple bakery accounts I can get five gems daily.

It's was a movie projector underneath my goal icon. It only let me view videos a couple of times then disappeared with no notice. Have you been able to update yet? Hopefully it will appear soon for you :-)

ghjvcucjb
09-09-15, 03:30 PM
How do you know what to prep for the next day? I can't see any preview orders?

Eeeek! This goal is looking very exciting. I don't play RS2 so this is a completely new goal style to me - hopefully it will be achievable too - good luck everyone!

On the top right hand side of your screen is a blue ribbon icon and how many days left to play. Currently 10 days. If you tap on it, it will show you three orders. Once you complete that days goal, all three orders grey out but you can see what they are. If you premake them or prebuy them then you'll be three orders ahead for the next day.

ghjvcucjb
09-09-15, 03:32 PM
You can still see what's coming for day 2 can't you? Even if it's something lame I'd get it ready. I refreshed the quiche. No time to make flour, cheese and bake it. So I'm making the truffles and fudge. I can wait. This may be the first no stress event I've ever done on this game.

Yes, realized this after I posted that comment. Unlike RS2, we don't need to make room on our stoves and counters :-) just have space in your barn and money to buy!

sloebear
09-09-15, 03:56 PM
I have the items to turn in one of the orders but when I click it it just kinda... doesn't do anything? The rosette things jump into the bar but it doesn't go up at all and the thing still says "Deliver". Anyone know what I should do? Have restarted device and force closed the app :/

LizaBella3
09-09-15, 04:22 PM
Um why does it say this event has expired? I just started 10 minutes ago!23609

TiredMomofDMK
09-09-15, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry for a dumb question, but can I delete the Farm Story 2 with the cow on the icon ? I am really low on space.

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 05:21 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/xzkw1.png

Day 1, you need to fulfil orders of 75 gems. The 3 items on your screen are like our deliveries. Get those items either by buying or crafting and click deliver. Once delivered you will get a new order. If you discard the order, it takes 30 mins refresh. Once you fulfil today's order of 75 gems, it will be lock and you have to wait. Complete the orders each day to get the prize of that day and also to proceed to the next day. Your goal is to get to Day 10 which holds the grand prize pig.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23616 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23616)

Day 1 to 10
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23627 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23627)

Day 10 grand prize: Bring home your Piggy
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23626 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23626)

Day 1 starts at goal reset time. Subsequent days start at game reset time, 7am GMT. This event is for IOS only. Sorry Android fellow farmers. :(

Day 1 requires 75 gems - Carnival fireworks
1 ribbon order = 7 gems
5 ribbon order = 45 gems

Day 2 requires 150 gems - Blue ribbon pies
3 ribbons = 30 gems
4 ribbons = 42 gems
5 ribbons = 72 gems

Day 3 requires 200 gems - Bucking bull
2 ribbons = 20 gems
5 ribbons = 80 gems

Day 4 requires 250 gems - Blue ribbon pig (skin)
1 ribbon order = 12 gems
3 ribbons order = 31 gems
4 ribbons order = 44 gems
5 ribbons order = 75 gems

Day 5 requires 250 gems - Cotton candy sheep (skin)
3 ribbons order = 25 gems
4 ribbons order = 35 gems
5 ribbons order = 60 gems

Day 6 requires 300 gems - Giant pumpkin
3 ribbons order = 30 gems
4 ribbons order = 42 gems
5 ribbons order = 72 gems

Day 7 requires 300 gems - Blue ribbon cow (skin)
1 ribbon order = 9 gems
3 ribbons order = 23 gems
4 ribbons order = 32 - 33 gems
5 ribbons order = 55 gems

Day 8 requires 400 gems - Fair stage
1 ribbon order = 10 gems

Day 9 requires 501 gems - Animal ferris wheel
1 ribbon order = 10 gems
2 ribbons order = 15 gems
3 ribbons order = 26 gems
4 ribbons order = 37 gems
5 ribbons order = 63 - 64 gems

Day 10 requires 600 gems - Prize piggy (shown under New Items in Market)
2 ribbons order = 17 gems
3 ribbons order = 27 gems
4 ribbons order = 38 - 39 gems
5 ribbons order = 65 - 66 gems

Note: Prize piggy does not come with habitat. For players who have completed Day 10 and without an existing piggy paradise, purchase it from the Market before collecting your prize piggy from your cellar. Feed your piggy after placing him in the piggy paradise. Congrats. :)

How to play
For Day 1, you need to fulfil 75 gems worth of orders. The ribbon below the order indicates the gem value of that order. A 5 ribbon order is worth 45 gems. So if you fulfil 2 of 5 ribbons orders (2 x 45 = 90), you exceed your today's quota by 15 gems. It's ok to fulfil more than it asks for. Your extra gems will not be carried forward to next day.

But if the 5 ribbon order item may be scarce, so you may want to refresh to a lower order and keep the scarce item for a later order at a later date. Eg. A scarce item may be a jewellery which I have limited supply. So I may fulfil 1 order of 5 ribbon delivery and refresh the other 5 ribbon order of a jewellery to a 3 ribbon order which is just enough to complete my 75 gems.

This is useful for smaller farms with limited cash and resources. If you have lots of everything, you needn't bother with counting the ribbon orders.

The blue ribbons bouncing around the farm indicates where you can craft the order items. Eg. If my order asks for cheese. A blue ribbon will appear at my dairy. The blue ribbon at the dairy moves to the next machine of the new order after I deliver my cheese order.

Discard those orders you can't fulfil. A new order will appear in 30mins. If you complete your quota ahead of time, the orders for the next day will be lock and the timer will count down to when you can proceed. As you wait for next day, you can prepare the order items shown. When the new goal day starts at game reset time, your orders will be ready to go all at once.

Tips:
(1) Before you submit your last order for the day, ensure that your new orders for the next day are doable. Refresh it till you get a doable order. Once you submit your last order for the day, your screen is lock, you can't refresh until the new day starts.

(2) Ensure your machines are free at each reset so you can craft the order items for the new day, if need be.

Note:
(1) This is a 10 day event for IOS. I assume we can choose to start now or later but event ends on 22nd. Need S8 to confirm if anyone needs to know.

The entire event is from the 9th to the 22nd. You can start any time you want during that timeframe. However once you start it is a hard 10 days only to accomplish. On the 12th the event will automatically start for everyone who hasn't voluntarily started already. Some people delay the start so they can time it with days off from work, weekends, upcoming personal issues in RL etc. if you voluntary started on the 9th then the event will end 10 days later on the 19th for you. If you start on the 12th then the event will end 10 days later on the 22nd. However if you start on the 13th or later, the event will still end on the 22nd but you will have less days to finish everything.

Each day will start at the same time. If you accomplish your daily goal, the event will freeze until the reset for the next day. If you do not finish the daily goal then your day will not freeze and will roll over into the next day. Rinse repeat. If you fall behind a few days, it will become harder and harder and most unlikely to finish the entire event without using gems. Therefore I would encourage everyone to finish out each day on that day.

Hope that helps

(2) FYI using gems to advance through the days don't help. Unless you open all days early with gem, the game will force you back to the original 10 day schedule.

That makes sense, thank you!

So anyone reading, it doesn't help to spend the gems to speed things up.

The event, once activated is for 10 days. Each day is only 24 hours. If you open a day early with gems, once you complete the early opened day the game reverts back to your original schedule. Unless you open all days early with gem, the game will force you back to the original 10 day schedule.

For example: say you start day 1 on Monday and at midnight the game resets the new day. So Monday is your original Day 1. Tuesday will be your original Day 2. Wednesday will be your original Day3 and so on. Let's say on Monday Day 1 you decided to pay gems to open Tuesday Day 2 early and you finished in a few hours. So at midnight on Monday your Day 3 will NOT open because officially you are still on Day 2 whether you open it early with gems or not. therefore you will now have to wait for Wednesday which was your original Day 3. It may appear to be a longer wait time but it is not. It is the original time frame from the time you activated your game. So on the last day you will still have the same 24 hours to finish.

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry for a dumb question, but can I delete the Farm Story 2 with the cow on the icon ? I am really low on space.

download this update and delete the cow icon version.

lnztrekfan
09-09-15, 05:25 PM
I watched five of those videos and I received 75 coins each time. I even downloaded one of the games to see if that would trigger a gem gift but still got 75 coins.
The little projector is on the left hand side under the regular goal bubble.

I received all three ribbons orders the very first time and that took me up to 95%. My next three orders are 4 ribbons so I played them like RS2 and will start my day off with those and just paid the 4 gems to complete today. This is so much better than the cruise ships because you can actually buy these things and not bake them! This event looks like it will be great!

rynestory2 can we get a five ribbon order? Or is 4 the highest?

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 05:29 PM
I watched five of those videos and I received 75 coins each time. I even downloaded one of the games to see if that would trigger a gem gift but still got 75 coins.

I received all three star orders the very first time and that took me up to 95%. My next three orders are 4 stars so I played them like RS2 and will start my day off with those and just paid the 4 gems to complete today. This is so much better than the cruise ships because you can actually buy these things and not bake them! This event looks like it will be great!

You needn't play it like Rs2, save your gems. You can buy those items here instead of crafting. I didn't even refresh my deliveries for day 2. It is easier than rs2.

Btw I think the coin and gem rewards are random. I got gems and my neighbour got coins.

tegaan3
09-09-15, 05:32 PM
I cannot view the movies it says it cannot download try again later, which I have. Anyone else having trouble with this on an iPad?

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 05:33 PM

I received all three ribbons orders the very first time and that took me up to 95%. My next three orders are 4 ribbons so I played them like RS2 and will start my day off with those and just paid the 4 gems to complete today. This is so much better than the cruise ships because you can actually buy these things and not bake them! This event looks like it will be great!

rynestory2 can we get a five ribbon order? Or is 4 the highest?

My highest order is 5 ribbons worth 45 gems.

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 05:34 PM
I cannot view the movies it says it cannot download try again later, which I have. Anyone else having trouble with this on an iPad?

Everyone wants gems so traffic will be high. I tried several times before it loaded.

lnztrekfan
09-09-15, 05:36 PM
Thanks Rynestory2! I definitely should have just filled the order instead of spending the gems! Smh moment! But now I know! I now need to do a train order to get those gems back! Lol. Thanks again for answering and your advice! :)

Rayhotchilipepper
09-09-15, 05:41 PM
Oh heck yes :D

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 05:41 PM
Thanks Rynestory2! I definitely should have just filled the order instead of spending the gems! Smh moment! But now I know! I now need to do a train order to get those gems back! Lol. Thanks again for answering and your advice! :)

Anytime dear. Hopefully this will be a less stressful event. So far so good. Happy training. :)

GramGram2
09-09-15, 06:25 PM
Day 1, you need to fulfil orders of 75 gems. The 3 items on your screen are like our deliveries. Get those items and click deliver. Once delivered you will get a new order. If you discard the order, it takes half an hr to refresh. Once you fulfil today's order of 75 gems, it will be lock and you have to wait.

Each ribbon indicates the gem value of that order. 5 blue ribbon delivery is worth 45 gems. So if you have 15 gems remaining for the day, it's better to refresh for a lower ribbon delivery.

Day 1 - 75 gems
1 ribbon = 7 gems
5 ribbon = 45 gems

While you wait for Day 2, you can prepare the order items.

Is Day 1 over? I just started. Do we not complete orders for the plane? I can't make jewelry. Should I delete those orders? Why do i have blue ribbons bobbing around my farm? Thank you in advance. I couldn't play without you!

Doncourt
09-09-15, 06:34 PM
I have the items to turn in one of the orders but when I click it it just kinda... doesn't do anything? The rosette things jump into the bar but it doesn't go up at all and the thing still says "Deliver". Anyone know what I should do? Have restarted device and force closed the app :/

I am having the same problem! One of my goals was the fried banana you make in the fryer, and since I was fresh out of syrup, I bought some 4 pieces of fried banana in the shop. Now it won't take it! I'm wondering if the game knows I purchased it instead of "crafting" it??? And it won't let me refresh the goal either... Is this a glitch? Day one and I'm already falling behind! :( :confused:

PookieBear50
09-09-15, 06:34 PM
Check me on something...

The first post on this thread is an image of the update information that was posted with the update, right? It says from September 9 to September 22nd. However, my game shows that I only have 10 days to complete this event.

Which date is correct? Because no matter how I try to juggle it, 9 to 22 is still always going to be more than 10 days.

PookieBear50
09-09-15, 06:46 PM
Day 1, you need to fulfil orders of 75 gems. The 3 items on your screen are like our deliveries. Get those items and click deliver. Once delivered you will get a new order. If you discard the order, it takes half an hr to refresh. Once you fulfil today's order of 75 gems, it will be lock and you have to wait.

Each ribbon indicates the gem value of that order. 5 blue ribbon delivery is worth 45 gems. So if you have 15 gems remaining for the day, it's better to refresh for a lower ribbon delivery.

Day 1 - 75 gems
1 ribbon = 7 gems
5 ribbon = 45 gems

While you wait for Day 2, you can prepare the order items.

I don't get it...what's this "gem" thing you're talking about? And why would I want to be selective of which deliveries to fulfill? Besides which, all of the orders I received to begin with were 5-ribbon orders, and they were replaced with other 5-ribbon orders.

jmterao
09-09-15, 06:47 PM
I am having issues in buying items. There are things I can craft but I can't buy. Glitch or on purpose?

GramGram2
09-09-15, 07:02 PM
I am having the same problem! One of my goals was the fried banana you make in the fryer, and since I was fresh out of syrup, I bought some 4 pieces of fried banana in the shop. Now it won't take it! I'm wondering if the game knows I purchased it instead of "crafting" it??? And it won't let me refresh the goal either... Is this a glitch? Day one and I'm already falling behind! :( :confused:

You know, I think we can't buy the items because I am having the same problem. To top it off, about 50 Gems that I purchased last week have now disappeared! I like these events, but I am totally frustrated by the lack of complete instructions!

bss0226
09-09-15, 07:07 PM
I am having issues in buying items. There are things I can craft but I can't buy. Glitch or on purpose?

Purpose. It's team lavas way of screwing us. Many items like rice crackers and egg sushi can be crafted but not purchased in stores. Same for the brown truffle speckled egg. Says requires level 44 on some of these. My minifarms are at 38 and 42 and can craft these but not buy. UNFAIR. Team lava will do nothing about this. It was reported in the sweet retreat version and nothing done. Now the update to regular version is doing the same. Since I don't want to do these goals on my minifarms, I reverted the version on those devices so I can buy...

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 07:09 PM
Is Day 1 over? I just started. Do we not complete orders for the plane? I can't make jewelry. Should I delete those orders? Why do i have blue ribbons bobbing around my farm? Thank you in advance. I couldn't play without you!

Fulfil the orders on your screen. It looks something like this. 23615 You need to fulfil orders of 75 gems to get the prize for today, carnival fireworks. Once you fulfil today, you can progress to Day 2. The grand prize at Day 10 looks like a prize pet piglet.

Delete those orders you have no way to fulfil. A new order will refresh in 30mins. The blue ribbons indicate where you can craft the order item. This event does not involve plane orders.

I have updated info on post #60. Hope it helps to make it clearer for you. :) I still figuring it out as I go.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84573-New-Updates-Country-Fair-Event/page6

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 07:12 PM
Check me on something...

The first post on this thread is an image of the update information that was posted with the update, right? It says from September 9 to September 22nd. However, my game shows that I only have 10 days to complete this event.

Which date is correct? Because no matter how I try to juggle it, 9 to 22 is still always going to be more than 10 days.
There was an option to start event now or later. I think if you start later, you have until 22nd to complete your event.

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 07:20 PM
I don't get it...what's this "gem" thing you're talking about? And why would I want to be selective of which deliveries to fulfill? Besides which, all of the orders I received to begin with were 5-ribbon orders, and they were replaced with other 5-ribbon orders.

For Day 1, you need to fulfil 75 gems worth of orders. A 5 ribbon order is worth 45 gems. So if you fulfil 2 of 5 ribbons orders (2 x 45 = 90), you exceed your today's quota by 15 gems. It's ok to fulfil more than it asks for. But if the 5 ribbon order item may be scarce, so you may want to refresh to a lower order and keep the scarce item. Eg. A scarce item may be a jewellery which I have limited supply. So I may refresh my 5 ribbon order of a jewellery to a 3 ribbon item which is just enough to complete my 75 gems.

ankavale1000
09-09-15, 07:22 PM
bss0226, i am having the same issue with my mini farms. could you tell me how to "revert" the version? that's something totally new to me. tia BTW, i never updated the version, when I opened the game, it came updated.

ankavale1000
09-09-15, 07:23 PM
Purpose. It's team lavas way of screwing us. Many items like rice crackers and egg sushi can be crafted but not purchased in stores. Same for the brown truffle speckled egg. Says requires level 44 on some of these. My minifarms are at 38 and 42 and can craft these but not buy. UNFAIR. Team lava will do nothing about this. It was reported in the sweet retreat version and nothing done. Now the update to regular version is doing the same. Since I don't want to do these goals on my minifarms, I reverted the version on those devices so I can buy...

bss0226, i am having the same issue with my mini farms. could you tell me how to "revert" the version? that's something totally new to me. tia BTW, i never updated the version, when I opened the game, it came updated.

bss0226
09-09-15, 07:42 PM

Find the old application which is farm story 2 1.9. Use time machine to go back a few days and search for that file. Click restore

Then delete the farm story 2 from your iOS device. Then drag the old application to the iTunes application. When it says replace with older version say ok. Then in iTunes reinstall farm story 2 to your device. It should be the old version. You won't be able to do the country fair goals

When you see app updates in iTunes don't do update all or you'll end up with the new version. Download all updates manually and don't download any farm story updates. You may want to turn off automatic updates on your devices

jmterao
09-09-15, 08:00 PM
At least I wish they wouldn't put them in the newspaper! I tried my old version, I still couldn't buy the truffle pizza, so I am making some.

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 08:05 PM
Do we all have the same 75 gems for Day 1? Anyone having a different amount?

I posted the info of this event on post #60. Hope to clear things up for some.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84573-New-Updates-Country-Fair-Event/page6

jmterao
09-09-15, 08:14 PM
Now I am getting the notice that the event has expired.............

ankavale1000
09-09-15, 08:16 PM
Find the old application which is farm story 2 1.9. Use time machine to go back a few days and search for that file. Click restore

Then delete the farm story 2 from your iOS device. Then drag the old application to the iTunes application. When it says replace with older version say ok. Then in iTunes reinstall farm story 2 to your device. It should be the old version. You won't be able to do the country fair goals

When you see app updates in iTunes don't do update all or you'll end up with the new version. Download all updates manually and don't download any farm story updates. You may want to turn off automatic updates on your devices

I went back a few days as you suggested, but I don't know where to find the old version. Please help. thank you.

bss0226
09-09-15, 08:25 PM
I went back a few days as you suggested, but I don't know where to find the old version. Please help. thank you.

In your music folder is the iTunes folder and a mobile apps or mobile applications folder. This is where your apps are stored. Find the old version in time machine and restore to your current folder. Open that folder and drag farm story 2 1.9 to iTunes and replace newer version

PookieBear50
09-09-15, 08:49 PM
Do we all have the same 75 gems for Day 1? Anyone having a different amount?

I posted the info of this event on post #60. Hope to clear things up for some.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand where you're getting the 75 gems from. And since I already finished Day 1, it's too late for me to check now.

GramGram2
09-09-15, 08:52 PM
Fulfil the orders on your screen. It looks something like this. 23615 You need to fulfil orders of 75 gems to get the prize for today, carnival fireworks. Once you fulfil today, you can progress to Day 2. The grand prize at Day 10 looks like a prize pet piglet.

Delete those orders you have no way to fulfil. A new order will refresh in 30mins. The blue ribbons indicate where you can craft the order item. This event does not involve plane orders.

I have updated info on post #60. Hope it helps to make it clearer for you. :) I still figuring it out as I go.

I appreciate the support you give to me and anyone else who needs it. Good thing that you're smart!

syncler78
09-09-15, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry, I just don't understand where you're getting the 75 gems from. And since I already finished Day 1, it's too late for me to check now.

I think where some of that info is coming from (and please correct me if I'm wrong), is that if you click on each prize item, it will tell you it is a _____ gem value. Day 1's carnival fireworks are a 75 gem value. Tomorrow's prize, the blue ribbon pies, are a 150 gem value. The Prize piggy at the end is 1000 gem value.

I don't know how you figure out how many ribbons are worth how many gems though. Maybe it's how many gems you would have to pay to skip turning in that order? I can't check now because I've also finished Day 1's orders.

PookieBear50
09-09-15, 09:05 PM
I think where some of that info is coming from (and please correct me if I'm wrong), is that if you click on each prize item, it will tell you it is a _____ gem value. Day 1's carnival fireworks are a 75 gem value. Tomorrow's prize, the blue ribbon pies, are a 150 gem value. The Prize piggy at the end is 1000 gem value.

Oh, is THAT what rynetory2 was referring to? I didn't even bother to check the value, I just played.

syncler78
09-09-15, 09:19 PM
Oh, is THAT what rynetory2 was referring to? I didn't even bother to check the value, I just played.

I'm just guessing since I'm still trying to figure this event out myself.

I'm just thankful I'm a little ahead at the beginning here since I've got the last item for my three deliveries for Day 2 baking right now. Just have to wait for that to finish and the timer to unlock so I can send those off and get the pie prize.

firenze_candy
09-09-15, 09:24 PM
Why is the quest in Post 1 is so simple LOL mine is like 1 lolipop and 2 Jam toast and 2 Salad and 1 Corn starch..

EDIT: Just found that we can refresh for new quests...too late now I am already crafting some XD

Rynetory2
09-09-15, 09:37 PM

I'm just guessing since I'm still trying to figure this event out myself.

I'm just thankful I'm a little ahead at the beginning here since I've got the last item for my three deliveries for Day 2 baking right now. Just have to wait for that to finish and the timer to unlock so I can send those off and get the pie prize.

Yes that's the gem value I was referring to. As for the value of the ribbon order, I did the maths of each submission. It doesn't matter for farms with rich resources but I think it helps lower level farms with limited cash and items. Just ignore it if your supply is good.

My order screen is locked so I'm putting the details together from memory.

vjd007
09-10-15, 12:13 AM
Guys, is this iOS only event or for Android as well? Thanks for help.

noemata
09-10-15, 02:06 AM
I'm now having problems with this event where two of the "slots" won't let me 'deliver' AND/OR refresh the order...I am now relying on the last and third slot to finish today's task, what happens if this last "slot" stops working like the other two??????????

raissawinda
09-10-15, 02:11 AM
Guys, is this iOS only event or for Android as well? Thanks for help.

both iOS and android. but i am relying on my idevice since my android is having issues now. i can't play the event, i mean, the event doesn't even exist on my android. also i see...kind of two blocks of expanded areas on the left of my newstand. any help from the masters here? thank you very much.

gerrywerry
09-10-15, 02:13 AM
I'm now having problems with this event where two of the "slots" won't let me 'deliver' AND/OR refresh the order...I am now relying on the last and third slot to finish today's task, what happens if this last "slot" stops working like the other two??????????

I'm having the same problem with one of my slots ........

Rynetory2
09-10-15, 02:14 AM

I'm the opposite, my last slot refuses to let me refresh. Keep working on your workable slots.

erxi9
09-10-15, 02:22 AM
Problem here... There's a fried banana with "ONE" ribbon on the 1st slot.
Thinking of the market price of fried banana, it's ridiculous. So I dont want to deliver one. And, I don't have the sauce maker, either.
But I CAN'T abandon this order!!!
Both 'force-closing and restarting' and 'deleting and reinstalling' didn't work.
Can some of the mods answer this, please?

Guess I'm not the only one, huh?

ghjvcucjb
09-10-15, 02:23 AM
Check me on something...

The entire event is from the 9th to the 22nd. You can start any time you want during that timeframe. However once you start it is a hard 10 days only to accomplish. On the 12th the event will automatically start for everyone who hasn't voluntarily started already. Some people delay the start so they can time it with days off from work, weekends, upcoming personal issues in RL etc. if you voluntary started on the 9th then the event will end 10 days later on the 19th for you. If you start on the 12th then the event will end 10 days later on the 22nd. However if you start on the 13th or later, the event will still end on the 22nd but you will have less days to finish everything.

Each day will start at the same time. If you accomplish your daily goal, the event will freeze until the reset for the next day. If you do not finish the daily goal then your day will not freeze and will roll over into the next day. Rinse repeat. If you fall behind a few days, it will become harder and harder and most unlikely to finish the entire event without using gems. Therefore I would encourage everyone to finish out each day on that day.

Hope that helps

ghjvcucjb
09-10-15, 02:32 AM
Thinking of the market price of fried banana, it's ridiculous. So I dont want to deliver one. And, I don't have the sauce maker, either.
Both 'force-closing and restarting' and 'deleting and reinstalling' didn't work.

Have you finished for the day? Once you finish for the day, the event locks out/greys out/freezes until the next day unlocks. Once that happens you can not load or recycle an order. If that is not the case then there is something wrong with your game and you'll need to send a ticket to S8. Try also posting in the bugs section. I usually get a faster response there than through email.

erxi9
09-10-15, 02:41 AM
It's not like that, definitely. Playing RS2, I know enough about the event like this one. :)
I looked through the FS2 bugs forum, there are some users having the exact same problem.

Rynetory2
09-10-15, 02:42 AM

Hope that helps

Do you mind if I add your post to my post on http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84573-New-Updates-Country-Fair-Event/page6 so its part of the event info?

Rynetory2
09-10-15, 02:42 AM
Have you finished for the day? Once you finish for the day, the event locks out/greys out/freezes until the next day unlocks. Once that happens you can not load or recycle an order. If that is not the case then there is something wrong with your game and you'll need to send a ticket to S8. Try also posting in the bugs section. I usually get a faster response there than through email.

It's definitely a bug for sure.

Sandybellee
09-10-15, 03:41 AM
Wow! It's been one event after another lately! This looks like fun although I already messed up not refreshing two orders for day 2 that I won't likely be able to fulfill. Good luck, everyone!

Doncourt
09-10-15, 05:20 AM

I'm having the same problem! It's requiring 2 fried bananas and even though I bought them, it won't take my order OR let me refresh! The only thing I can think is that I need to craft the items - purchased ones won't work...????? So frustrating!

LuvsHorror
09-10-15, 06:28 AM
Yep with the fried bananas. I used gems, and now have to wait 5 days to do another order. Guess I screwed up. If each order takes longer to open, no way I can do them all.

vjd007
09-10-15, 06:29 AM
both iOS and android. but i am relying on my idevice since my android is having issues now. i can't play the event, i mean, the event doesn't even exist on my android. also i see...kind of two blocks of expanded areas on the left of my newstand. any help from the masters here? thank you very much.

I am not seeing this on my Android device. Can anyone confirm if they are having the same issue or are they able to play the event on their Android devices. Thanks for help.

srblue12
09-10-15, 07:21 AM
I am not seeing this on my Android device. Can anyone confirm if they are having the same issue or are they able to play the event on their Android devices. Thanks for help.

I am not getting the event on my android device either. There hasn't been a released update in the play store either. I'm thinking the event is iOS only.

raissawinda
09-10-15, 07:35 AM

Please anyone tell me what is that thing over there right on the left... :confused: many thanks.

suncatchers
09-10-15, 07:50 AM
Has anyone used gems to buy the booth? I can't remember the name of it, but it's on the right side of the fairground (assuming everyone's is set up the same)....I think you're able to buy two? I bought it, but have fulfilled my orders so haven't been able to use it yet. I think something is supposed to drop every 4 hrs?? Just wondering what this booth is for and if I really needed to rush and buy it (I'm thinking I didn't have to??)? So far the event seems pretty straightforward and I'm able to complete the goals easily enough...waiting for the other shoe to drop! ;) Also, for anyone wondering if you have to craft everything or are able to buy stuff, I have been able to buy stuff from the newspaper and deliver for the goals. Good luck to everyone!!

kooky panda
09-10-15, 08:35 AM
Hey guys, the refreshing issues has been reported.

Current thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84594-Country-Fair-can-t-refresh-order-item)

tuffyjkitten
09-10-15, 08:53 AM
I noticed that items I needed for a delivery were marked with a blue ribbon in the newspaper. Maybe only those items are able to be bought and not crafted like some were saying they had problems with?

And I too am wondering about the booth that is supposed to help us. I don't have enough gems for it at the moment due to buying the pool shack so any info on whether this is going to be a necessary purchase at some point is appreciated. Anything like that in a previous event of this type? I've only been playing since the Easter bunny event.

orleansparish
09-10-15, 09:21 AM
I've been Able to buy items I needed for deliveries. The event is easy enough. Thankfully I've been getting only 4 and 5 ribbon items. No suffering through refreshing constant 1 ribbon items like on RS2.

ginrae22
09-10-15, 09:22 AM

Why aren't we all getting gems from this?! All that I got are lousy coins... and not very many to boot! Good for you though. I wish the rest of us were as lucky.

ghjvcucjb
09-10-15, 09:31 AM
Do you mind if I add your post to my post on http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84573-New-Updates-Country-Fair-Event/page6 so its part of the event info?

Go for it! :-)

ghjvcucjb
09-10-15, 09:42 AM
Has anyone used gems to buy the booth? I can't remember the name of it, but it's on the right side of the fairground (assuming everyone's is set up the same)....I think you're able to buy two? I bought it, but have fulfilled my orders so haven't been able to use it yet. I think something is supposed to drop every 4 hrs?? Just wondering what this booth is for and if I really needed to rush and buy it (I'm thinking I didn't have to??)? So far the event seems pretty straightforward and I'm able to complete the goals easily enough...waiting for the other shoe to drop! ;) Also, for anyone wondering if you have to craft everything or are able to buy stuff, I have been able to buy stuff from the newspaper and deliver for the goals. Good luck to everyone!!

I finished for the day so can't checked but I believe the booth, if it's anything like RS2 is just an extra order slot. So instead of 3 slots with orders, you will now have 4 slots with orders. This helps fill the daily goals faster because you have the extra request.

In RS2 I have never bought the extra slots because of lack of gems plus it does NOT carry over to the next event. So far I have not needed the extra slot to finish any of those events. However I don't recall any of the RS2 events requiring 1000 gems to finish the last day so the extra slot might come in handy for the last few days. I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

ghjvcucjb
09-10-15, 09:46 AM
I've been Able to buy items I needed for deliveries. The event is easy enough. Thankfully I've been getting only 4 and 5 ribbon items. No suffering through refreshing constant 1 ribbon items like on RS2.

Me too. Just a thought for those who have not played FS2, I find it's much faster and more efficient to just fill the 1 & 2 ribbon orders than to have to wait for the 30 minute refresh time and chance another low ribbon order. The only time I find it matters is when I'm setting up for the next day and I want as many high ribbon orders right out of the gate.

raissawinda
09-10-15, 09:52 AM
dear all please help, i suddenly got this notification, what is going on?

LuvsHorror
09-10-15, 10:02 AM
I spead up the delivery time with gems, now I have to wait 5 days for the next delivery. I would assume the delivery after that would take 6 days. Obviosly can't do this in ten days. Is this right? Or some kind of glitch? Or am I not getting how this works?

ghjvcucjb
09-10-15, 10:13 AM
dear all please help, i suddenly got this notification, what is going on?

This looks like a bug to me.

I spead up the delivery time with gems, now I have to wait 5 days for the next delivery. I would assume the delivery after that would take 6 days. Obviosly can't do this in ten days. Is this right? Or some kind of glitch? Or am I not getting how this works?
I've never seen this. Usually it's only one day at a time that you can use gems to open the day early or fill the day early. I've never heard being able to go 5 whole days ahead. But if we go with that info than on day 5, you orders will be available again as usual and you can continue with only 5 days left of the 10 days. You will not be behind, you will be right on schedule, barring any bugs.

LuvsHorror
09-10-15, 11:28 AM
This looks like a bug to me.

I've never seen this. Usually it's only one day at a time that you can use gems to open the day early or fill the day early. I've never heard being able to go 5 whole days ahead. But if we go with that info than on day 5, you orders will be available again as usual and you can continue with only 5 days left of the 10 days. You will not be behind, you will be right on schedule, barring any bugs.

amiableal
09-10-15, 11:32 AM
For the first time, I'm finding forum experience and advice baffling rather than clarifying. Let me suggest this from my experience so far. First, "day" seems to mean two different things between the 24 hour start time of the event and "day" in the challenge. My start time was 5:30 last night; therefore, day 2 should begin at 5:30 today. However, I completed goals for "day" 1 and "day" 2 by 10 a.m. This morning, and my next opening for "day" 3 in that scheme will open, I'm informed, at about this coming 2 a.m.
Second, the talk of gem value in this conversation is confusing. Pay attention to the percentage of the fulfillment bar. Once you get 100 percent, you get the day's prize. My collection percentage exceeded the day one requirement, and the extra value was transferred to the next day.
Third, the requirements this time are clearly scaled to level (I'm at 60). My first goal (the 'easy' one that I'm sure get harder) included two 5 1/2 hr pizzas with watercress; the breakfast sandwich (with watercress); and two honey lemon tea. Easy? Each one of these required at least 12 hours, depending on what you had on hand.
Third, my experience may represent first day glitches, a kind way of saying this was rolled out before it was ready. Nothing new there.

LuvsHorror
09-10-15, 11:39 AM
For the first time, I'm finding forum experience and advice baffling rather than clarifying. Let me suggest this from my experience so far. First, "day" seems to mean two different things between the 24 hour start time of the event and "day" in the challenge. My start time was 5:30 last night; therefore, day 2 should begin at 5:30 today. However, I completed goals for "day" 1 and "day" 2 by 10 a.m. This morning, and my next opening for "day" 3 in that scheme will open, I'm informed, at about this coming 2 a.m.
Second, the talk of gem value in this conversation is confusing. Pay attention to the percentage of the fulfillment bar. Once you get 100 percent, you get the day's prize. My collection percentage exceeded the day one requirement, and the extra value was transferred to the next day.
Third, the requirements this time are clearly scaled to level (I'm at 60). My first goal (the 'easy' one that I'm sure get harder) included two 5 1/2 hr pizzas with watercress; the breakfast sandwich (with watercress); and two honey lemon tea. Easy? Each one of these required at least 12 hours, depending on what you had on hand.
Third, my experience may represent first day glitches, a kind way of saying this was rolled out before it was ready. Nothing new there.

After my first delivery it said my next one would be ready in 10 hours. But because I sped thru with gems, I now have to wait 5 days (4 now) unless I use more gems. I think the 5 days is to catch up to where I'd have been without using the gems.

LuvsHorror
09-10-15, 11:42 AM
It would seem this is one event where using gems to get ahead is not a good idea. Unless I use 100 gems I'm done until monday. Don't waste your gems!

I have the fireworks, bake stuff prize, rodeo thing, pumpkin, sheep and pig skins. Cost a lot of gems and only got me the same stuff everyone will get sooner.

orleansparish
09-10-15, 12:19 PM
It would seem this is one event where using gems to get ahead is not a good idea. Unless I use 100 gems I'm done until monday. Don't waste your gems!

I have the fireworks, bake stuff prize, rodeo thing, pumpkin, sheep and pig skins. Cost a lot of gems and only got me the same stuff everyone will get sooner.

It really isn't wise. Because you will still have to start the next day when everyone else does. It's a huge waste.

Sweetybeetylady
09-10-15, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone! Since updating to the country fair version I can only play for about 10-15 minutes, then the game freezes. It is very choppy as well, no smooth scrolling. Now my question is, is it my ipad 2 or is it a bug? Can you please share your thoughts? Thanks so much!

eb757
09-10-15, 12:40 PM
I have android, I assuming its not available on there yet.

Went to the app store and its not there

LuvsHorror
09-10-15, 12:46 PM
It really isn't wise. Because you will still have to start the next day when everyone else does. It's a huge waste.

I didn't know this and boy am I sorry!

ghjvcucjb
09-10-15, 01:34 PM

In your second point, Are you absolutely sure the extra value carried over to the next day? This has never happened in the other cruise events in RS2. Yes, this is not RS2 however this event is set up almost identically to those cruise events and the values never ever carry over which is why the gem value is important to those of us who are use to the RS2 cruise events. Otherwise you end up wasting huge amounts of value/gem amounts. Please confirm so we can adjust our play style. Thank you.

kooky panda
09-10-15, 01:35 PM
I have android, I assuming its not available on there yet.

Went to the app store and its not there
I am sorry but this event is only for IOS .

ghjvcucjb
09-10-15, 01:37 PM

You are correct, in general it isn't worth it to speed up the next day. The only time it makes sense is if you have something to do the next day that would either limit your play time or make it impossible to finish that day and you don't want to fall behind. Then speeding up the next day to finish early would be a good choice

ghjvcucjb
09-10-15, 01:49 PM
After my first delivery it said my next one would be ready in 10 hours. But because I sped thru with gems, I now have to wait 5 days (4 now) unless I use more gems. I think the 5 days is to catch up to where I'd have been without using the gems.

The day is the same each and every day with the exception of the first day. For example I activated the event around noon my time. I finished within 15 minutes due to already having all the items requested. My goal locked until day 2 which for me unlocks at 9pm each and every day. From here on out, the next day will unlock at 9pm and only at 9 pm each and every day of this event.

I still think your 5 days is a bug. The event only started yesterday plus today equals only being able to finish two days, waiting for the third day to unlock. Even if you sped up one day you should only be able to be finished with three days waiting for the fourth day to unlock which should be sometime tomorrow. This is very interesting to me.

amiableal
09-10-15, 02:19 PM
Yes, I'm sure. I started "day" 2 per the goal time scheme with 48 percent transferred to it after sending off the additional day one order. As I said in original post, this may very well be a glitch in their system as they struggle (after the fact) to make it work and iron out their errors. Whether this is a glitch that won't happen again is anyone's guess.

xenu8
09-10-15, 03:45 PM
Where are these videos that give you gems. I don't see any. :(

amiableal
09-10-15, 03:54 PM
I never got the option for videos to earn gems for watching them either.

amiableal
09-10-15, 03:57 PM
Question. What does the ticket booth do? When I click on it, it just sends me to the requested orders to fulfill. No info on cost or what it does. I didn't see info on first page posts alerting forum members about the event.

ghjvcucjb
09-10-15, 04:00 PM
Yes, I'm sure. I started "day" 2 per the goal time scheme with 48 percent transferred to it after sending off the additional day one order. As I said in original post, this may very well be a glitch in their system as they struggle (after the fact) to make it work and iron out their errors. Whether this is a glitch that won't happen again is anyone's guess.

Then let's hope it stays that way. It makes things much easier. I'll find out tonight when my new day opens up. I loaded a 5 ribbon item to finish out the day but only needed a few gems. So hopefully when the new day unlocks for me, the progress bar will already have something filled.

driver1711
09-10-15, 06:12 PM
Where are these videos that give you gems. I don't see any. :( The option for watching videos is on the upper left corner of my screen. I assume you must be iOS and not android.

PookieBear50
09-10-15, 06:43 PM
Where are these videos that give you gems. I don't see any. :(

One thing to keep in mind, though: not everyone seems to be getting gems. So far, I have only been receiving 75 coins for each video that I watch...which seems distinctly unfair that some should be able to earn gems and others only coins.

Unless, of course, there is some criterion that we do not know about that is determining who gets what prize (e.g., history of buying gems, etc.).

Rynetory2
09-10-15, 08:03 PM

Now I understood what you meant by the 5 days wait. Oh no, I'm so sorry you wasted so many gems and got to wait again. Such a waste of gems. :(

SadieMaesFarm
09-10-15, 08:04 PM
Don't have icon to view videos ... Is this random by TL ?

Rynetory2
09-10-15, 08:06 PM

Day 1 starts at event reset time. Subsequent days start at game reset time. My Day 2 progress bar started at 100% although I had surplus from Day 1. But it's worth checking again. As for the gem talk, the number of ribbons in the order will affect the percentage. Yes you mentioned pay attention to the progress bar, but do you have a most efficient method without wasting resources? For the benefit of smaller farms with limited resources? It'll be great if you do, so we can play in a smarter manner. :cool:

This type of event is new to us all and we figuring it out as we go. Since you mentioned forum experience and advise baffling, would you like to write the full event details in a clearer fashion for the benefit us all, especially players who are new? This will be a great help to everyone. :) I'll remove my post if you like, so we won't have 2 versions. I'm always happy to step down if someone else wants a go or does it better. :)

firenze_candy
09-10-15, 08:07 PM
It said 'Done for today' and made me wait for another 14 hours to have the quests re-opened again :(
Will the quests automatically refreshed by then? I hope not because I have already started making.

If they decided to make this 'Done for today' function then they should not make the period of the events so short - 9 days left!

Rynetory2
09-10-15, 08:08 PM
Then let's hope it stays that way. It makes things much easier. I'll find out tonight when my new day opens up. I loaded a 5 ribbon item to finish out the day but only needed a few gems. So hopefully when the new day unlocks for me, the progress bar will already have something filled.

It's worth rechecking again. My Day 2 progress bar started at 100% although I had surplus from previous. Thanks.

Rynetory2
09-10-15, 08:13 PM
It said 'Done for today' and made me wait for another 14 hours to have the quests re-opened again :(
Will the quests automatically refreshed by then? I hope not because I have already started making.

If they decided to make this 'Done for today' function then they should not make the period of the events so short - 9 days left!

The goal starts again at game reset time, 7am GMT. The quests will not refresh again unless you do so. So you are correct to make in the mean time. When the new day starts for you, you can send them off all at once.

amiableal
09-10-15, 08:43 PM
I'm learning as I go and wouldn't presume to offer advice. My account was simply my experience in the first twenty-four hours.

firenze_candy
09-10-15, 09:09 PM
The goal starts again at game reset time, 7am GMT. The quests will not refresh again unless you do so. So you are correct to make in the mean time. When the new day starts for you, you can send them off all at once.

Thanks rynetory for the explanation! :) Can't wait to start again, I just got the blue ribbon tart and really like the ferry wheel thing!

Rynetory2
09-10-15, 09:23 PM
Thanks rynetory for the explanation! :) Can't wait to start again, I just got the blue ribbon tart and really like the ferry wheel thing!

The Ferris wheel looks very pretty. Keep going, I'm sure you'll bring home your piggy. :)

Rynetory2
09-10-15, 09:26 PM
Based on your input and info we have atm, I've updated the event info. Thanks guys. :)

xenu8
09-10-15, 09:59 PM
The option for watching videos is on the upper left corner of my screen. I assume you must be iOS and not android.

Thanks, I am on iOS and don't have the video option :(

xenu8
09-10-15, 10:00 PM
One thing to keep in mind, though: not everyone seems to be getting gems. So far, I have only been receiving 75 coins for each video that I watch...which seems distinctly unfair that some should be able to earn gems and others only coins.

Unless, of course, there is some criterion that we do not know about that is determining who gets what prize (e.g., history of buying gems, etc.).

I wondered about that, maybe I should stop buying gems to see if I get better options.

ankavale1000
09-10-15, 11:03 PM
so, my gut feeling tells me that this is an event where I would need a lot of help from my neighbors. My day 2 delivery was already asking for truffle pizzas. I can't imagine what day 8, 9 and 10 would ask of me. I think with the help of neighbors, all of us might just be able to get the pet!!!

ghjvcucjb
09-11-15, 12:28 AM
I can confirm that the extra gem value does NOT carry over to the next day. That means that if your progress bar only has a few gems left to finish and you load a high blue ribbon item(s) you will lose out on the extra value. It's only important if you are finding it hard to get items like truffle pizzas and you don't want to waste them on only 7 more gems to finish out the day.

firenze_candy
09-11-15, 12:52 AM
I have just claimed the Bucking Bull, and the quest stopped now - have to wait another 24 hours to get it reopened for the forth quest!

Rynetory2
09-11-15, 01:03 AM
Day 3 requires 200 gems
2 ribbons order = 20 gems
5 ribbons order = 80 gems

Rynetory2
09-11-15, 01:04 AM
I can confirm that the extra gem value does NOT carry over to the next day. That means that if your progress bar only has a few gems left to finish and you load a high blue ribbon item(s) you will lose out on the extra value. It's only important if you are finding it hard to get items like truffle pizzas and you don't want to waste them on only 7 more gems to finish out the day.

I second your confirmation. My extra gems did not carry over. Thanks for confirming.

ciarjen
09-11-15, 01:37 AM
Day 1 starts at event reset time. Subsequent days start at game reset time. My Day 2 progress bar started at 100% although I had surplus from Day 1.

It is Friday morning here and I have just got the pop up in the game to announce the event. A bit late :confused::confused::confused:

I have completed Day 1 but now have to wait another 22.30 hours for Day 2 to unlock.

Has your Day 2 unlocked ?

GramGram2
09-11-15, 01:44 AM
I second your confirmation. My extra gems did not carry over. Thanks for confirming.

I don't understand what you both are talking about. Are we supposed to be earning gems each day if we complete the goal?

Sandybellee
09-11-15, 01:54 AM
Completed day 2 and this time I'm all set for day 3 with all three orders.

Sandybellee
09-11-15, 01:55 AM
I don't understand what you both are talking about. Are we supposed to be earning gems each day if we complete the goal?

They are talking about the gem amount it takes to skip fulfilling the orders that you see next to the progress bar.

Rynetory2
09-11-15, 02:03 AM
It is Friday morning here and I have just got the pop up in the game to announce the event. A bit late :confused::confused::confused:

I have completed Day 1 but now have to wait another 22.30 hours for Day 2 to unlock.

Yes my day 2 and 3 are unlocked. I just finished day 3. I started this event earlier than you Ciarjen, that's why we both are on different days. Ghjvcucjb posted an explanation on our event start end dates, I attached it on http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84573-New-Updates-Country-Fair-Event/page6

This event is totally new. I tried to put everything together as best as I can. Hope it helps.

I didn't think I had the prompt. I saw the new update on forum. These days my game prompts are bit wacky lol.

xenu8
09-11-15, 02:13 AM
How is the prize pig worth 1000 gems? Does it gives you gems everyday?

Rynetory2
09-11-15, 02:15 AM

Sandybelle is correct, it's about the gem amount next to the progress bar.

For Day 3 you start with 200 gems which you need to fulfil to win the prize. You can either fulfil it by using 200 gems or you can fulfil your orders in the 3 slots. Each order has ribbon indicating how many gems it's worth. So as you fulfil your orders, the gem value of 200 decreases with each order delivered. So if you only need 20 gems to complete today, you can serve a 2 ribbons order which is worth 20 gems instead of serving a 5 ribbon order worth 80 gems. Although both will serve the purpose, you lose the 5 ribbon item which may be rare or very expensive. You need not worry about this if you have surplus of everything. :)

That means that if your progress bar only has a few gems left to finish and you load a high blue ribbon item(s) you will lose out on the extra value. It's only important if you are finding it hard to get items like truffle pizzas and you don't want to waste them on only 7 more gems to finish out the day.

GramGram2
09-11-15, 02:21 AM
Oh! Thank you very much:-)

GramGram2
09-11-15, 02:22 AM
They are talking about the gem amount it takes to skip fulfilling the orders that you see next to the progress bar.

Thank you very much!

Rynetory2
09-11-15, 02:24 AM
The bucking bull is actually animated! How cute!

judyandthecat
09-11-15, 02:27 AM

It is like the DS event happening right now that when you start it is day one so next day unlocks at my time 3 am eastern daylight savings time.
The fair started on September 9 and tomorrow I will be unlocking day 4

judyandthecat
09-11-15, 02:42 AM
My Game Plan!

I am stalking my neighbour's stores and the newspaper looking for items.
I am trying to have in stock five of every item!
I currently have chocolate ice cream and truffle eggs etc cooking in my machines!
Items I can find quickly to fill an order I only stock a couple of like lemon pies
Something that takes a long time to make like an Elvis peanutbutter and banana sandwich I don't want to be searching for especially when we reach the thousand gem pig. That is going to take a lot of orders to complete and I will be doing that next Friday...a day I don't usually game as much but I already am making sure not to have plans for that day.

My gems did not carry over my bar started at zero today.

Has anyone had orders for linen flowers etc or ores?
I have only had food items so far.

Rynetory2
09-11-15, 03:18 AM
My Game Plan!

I am stalking my neighbour's stores and the newspaper looking for items.
I am trying to have in stock five of every item!
I currently have chocolate ice cream and truffle eggs etc cooking in my machines!
Items I can find quickly to fill an order I only stock a couple of like lemon pies
Something that takes a long time to make like an Elvis peanutbutter and banana sandwich I don't want to be searching for especially when we reach the thousand gem pig. That is going to take a lot of orders to complete and I will be doing that next Friday...a day I don't usually game as much but I already am making sure not to have plans for that day.

My gems did not carry over my bar started at zero today.

Has anyone had orders for linen flowers etc or ores?
I have only had food items so far.

I had orders for iron and gold plus scarf. I think it asks for anything you can make, mine or collect. At our level, that's everything Judy.

Rynetory2
09-11-15, 03:24 AM
All players, do note that when you reach the piggy, you will only have 24 hrs to fulfil orders of 1000 gems. Fulfilling 99% won't get you the piggy.

On a side note, I think the difficulty of orders are random. I had order of 4 ice creams on day 1 which wasn't easy. Today I had seared tuna salad. I hope it doesn't get more difficult, it's just random orders.

judyandthecat
09-11-15, 03:39 AM
I had orders for iron and gold plus scarf. I think it asks for anything you can make, mine or collect. At our level, that's everything Judy.

I also noticed that to unlock tomorrow early is more then yesterday!
Yesterday was 25 gems to unlock and tomorrow is 50 gems and I was thinking I would want to unlock a day early on last day but now is going to depend on amount of gems. Haha not going to dump ores now.

We will likely get to expand land next week because I dumped that stuff to make room for unexpected orders.

Another note I am not doing plane orders or train orders but saving my items for the elusive blue ribbon Charlotte!

Luvshorror could you go check the amount of gems to unlock your next day beings you are ahead of us.

Rynetory2
09-11-15, 04:03 AM
I also noticed that to unlock tomorrow early is more then yesterday!
Yesterday was 25 gems to unlock and tomorrow is 50 gems and I was thinking I would want to unlock a day early on last day but now is going to depend on amount of gems. Haha not going to dump ores now.

We will likely get to expand land next week because I dumped that stuff to make room for unexpected orders.

Another note I am not doing plane orders or train orders but saving my items for the elusive blue ribbon Charlotte!

Luvshorror could you go check the amount of gems to unlock your next day beings you are ahead of us.

Oh Judy you had me lol about the land expansion. It will be hilarious if we did after we emptied our barns lol. But I do need more land, these one animal per habitat is space consuming. I'm glad this Charlotte is sharing habitat with her sister.

I'm hoping you may not need to open a day earlier esp the gems needed for advancing increases or doubles with each day. Today I had 5 ribbon orders worth 80 gems. If it continues, these 5 ribbon orders will be awesome for last day. So make sure you line up your orders before you submit your last order for day 9. Align your day 10 orders to 5 ribbons. I wonder if anyone has 6 ribbons orders.

Anyways I dump all foodstuffs that I can find easily in newspaper, keeping only essentials and those difficult level 58-60 items.

Just to add the value of orders are increasing each day, so hopefully day 10 won't be so bad. 5 ribbons orders are 45 gems, 72 gems and 80 gems respectively for day 1, 2 and 3.

LuvsHorror
09-11-15, 06:13 AM
100 gems to unlock. Or wait 3 days and 17 hours. Was 5 days, counting down. I'm gonna wait. :/

This is to unlock to do deliveries for the cow ribbon skin.

ginrae22
09-11-15, 06:48 AM
I really dislike this kind of event (the same ones we frequently do now in RS2). I never am able to finish those in the other game so I'll be so disappointed if I don't make it to the end this time and the prize piggy. And now CS is doing an event similar to the ones we do in DS... I dunno about this sharing event types thing. I guess we will see how it goes. what bothers me is that the time you have to wait between steps gets longer and longer... That's how they get you! Oh just use all of your hard earned gems or buy more... Ugh. 17 hours now for me to wait. Which means I won't be doing it until tomorrow. You know kind of have to sleep at some point.

orleansparish
09-11-15, 03:38 PM
I really dislike this kind of event (the same ones we frequently do now in RS2). I never am able to finish those in the other game so I'll be so disappointed if I don't make it to the end this time and the prize piggy. And now CS is doing an event similar to the ones we do in DS... I dunno about this sharing event types thing. I guess we will see how it goes. what bothers me is that the time you have to wait between steps gets longer and longer... That's how they get you! Oh just use all of your hard earned gems or buy more... Ugh. 17 hours now for me to wait. Which means I won't be doing it until tomorrow. You know kind of have to sleep at some point.

I actually think this one is better. For the first time I couldnt finish the last one, because I had to keep refreshing those pesky one point items I didnt have the space to make. I was also travelling for a funeral and had a long road trip back home. But the great thing about this one is that we can easily buy what we need from neighbors or the community. And we have more options to make ahead and store items. Whereas on RS2 we are limited by the cap on counters.

I love the one on CS and FFS too. Its new and different. Theyre hard, but they keep the games fresh instead of the same battles. I hope they implement something similar on bakery, restaurant and fashion next.

orleansparish
09-11-15, 03:40 PM
Also, just get what you need to turn in ready. Do your train deliveries and make more things. Im multitasking to not get bored, while I find ways to get gems and make money. Because I know that event where we have to buy a tree to chop down, that costs about 8000 coins each will eventually come.

PookieBear50
09-11-15, 08:18 PM
Has anyone's "Free Gift" for watching movies changed since they started? All I've been getting is the same 75 coins I got after watching the first one.

raissawinda
09-11-15, 11:21 PM
Has anyone's "Free Gift" for watching movies changed since they started? All I've been getting is the same 75 coins I got after watching the first one.

yesterday i got like 6 or 7 gems. but i was so greedy i thought i would have received 7 gems or so for today, until i noticed that only less than 5 gems are added up to mine. does that mean the rest are just coins? i always turn around and do something else when the video is playing. and sometimes my connection sucks, and the brown chicken pops up, haha. how many times are the videos played?

Rynetory2
09-12-15, 12:22 AM
Day 4 requires 250 gems
1 ribbon order = 12 gems

Event info at http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84573-New-Updates-Country-Fair-Event/page6

Interesting to note the 5 ribbon value today is lesser than yesterday. I made 2 x 5 ribbons orders yesterday so I'm very certain it was 80 gems.

If anyone has the values of other ribbon orders or a different value, pls post to help others.

leysanne
09-12-15, 01:40 AM
Day 4 requires 250 gems
1 ribbon order = 12 gems

Event info at http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84573-New-Updates-Country-Fair-Event/page6

Interesting to note the 5 ribbon value today is lesser than yesterday. I made 2 5 ribbons orders yesterday so I'm very certain it was 80 gems.

If anyone has the values of other ribbon orders or a different value, pls post to help others.

I put in a 4 ribbon order and it was only worth 44 gems :( I was expecting it to be worth a bit more than that ... threw my maths out for my last order today as it left me needing something worth 13 gems. luckily a 2 ribbon order only needed 2 anchovies & 1 cheese so was easy to sacrifice ... but wasn't able to see how many gems it was worth as it obviously overfilled

judyandthecat
09-12-15, 02:04 AM
Day 4 requires 250 gems
1 ribbon order = 12 gems

Interesting to note the 5 ribbon value today is lesser than yesterday. I made 2 5 ribbons orders yesterday so I'm very certain it was 80 gems.

And 80 gems to open tomorrow's orders!
Btw they likely have a quota on for four and five ribbon orders and we going to have them all used up by day ten and then we will get one ribbon orders for a thousand bags of flour!

Rynetory2
09-12-15, 03:29 AM
And 80 gems to open tomorrow's orders!
Btw they likely have a quota on for four and five ribbon orders and we going to have them all used up by day ten and then we will get one ribbon orders for a thousand bags of flour!

I actually had that (1 ribbon order) non stop on my last day at RS2 cruise recently and I went quite nuts lol. I'm not sure if there's a quota but I certainly hope not. Well better they ask for flour than bacon or wool since we are limited by time and farm animals. Hopefully these 5 ribbon orders don't run dry. :rolleyes:

Rynetory2
09-12-15, 03:32 AM
I put in a 4 ribbon order and it was only worth 44 gems :( I was expecting it to be worth a bit more than that ... threw my maths out for my last order today as it left me needing something worth 13 gems. luckily a 2 ribbon order only needed 2 anchovies & 1 cheese so was easy to sacrifice ... but wasn't able to see how many gems it was worth as it obviously overfilled

For remaining 13 gems, lucky you didn't get a 1 ribbon order of 12 gems. That would had been quite annoying. Phew. :)

ciarjen
09-12-15, 03:35 AM
Yes my day 2 and 3 are unlocked. I just finished day 3. I started this event earlier than you Ciarjen, that's why we both are on different days. Ghjvcucjb posted an explanation on our event start end dates, I attached it on http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84573-New-Updates-Country-Fair-Event/page6

This event is totally new. I tried to put everything together as best as I can. Hope it helps.

I didn't think I had the prompt. I saw the new update on forum. These days my game prompts are bit wacky lol.

Ok, got that now. Thanks.

I have completed Day 2 this morning. So far is seems really easy.

I absolutely hate the hearts on the all the buildings though!! It looks messy and cluttered and I can't clear them because they are back a minute later. Just my moan for the day :(

casey19159
09-12-15, 06:10 AM
Does anyone know how long the wait times between 'days' are?
Ive been seeing 18 hours so far and im worried it will increase to something like 2 days in which case we'll have to fight for every minute if we want to finish this.

syncler78
09-12-15, 06:52 AM

I've been getting nothing but gems for my videos. Sorry all!

PookieBear50
09-12-15, 07:41 AM
I don't know how I managed it, but I somehow have neighbors who never sell sauces or brownies, and whenever I go to the newsstand, these items are just never there. I just don't know how players can stalk the newspaper and find all those items they need to complete orders. Sigh.

Anyone selling sauces or brownies?

Newton122712
09-12-15, 08:34 AM
I've never even had the option for the video on my farm...strange.

CottageRose
09-12-15, 10:37 AM
I've never even had the option for the video on my farm...strange.
Me neither. Perhaps it is being phased in, and is not yet available to all?

ariana0601
09-12-15, 01:24 PM
Me neither. Perhaps it is being phased in, and is not yet available to all?

I got the notice for the first time today, but I can not watch the movies. When I click on the blue ribbon I only get the items I need provide to fill in the orders. If there is a trick to it, I have not figured it out yet.....

syncler78
09-12-15, 02:40 PM
I got the notice for the first time today, but I can not watch the movies. When I click on the blue ribbon I only get the items I need provide to fill in the orders. If there is a trick to it, I have not figured it out yet.....

The icon to watch movies is on the opposite side of the screen from the blue ribbon (I.e. It is on the left side). It goes away once you have watched the movies for the day. It looks like a film reel.

FarmGirlNik
09-12-15, 03:47 PM
Edited...

PookieBear50
09-12-15, 04:29 PM
Does anyone have 2 caramel sauces, 2 chocolate sauces, and 1 brownie for sale? I need them for one of the deliveries for tomorrow (calls for two sundaes--I guess they're called--and none of my neighbors are selling those things and I'm not finding any in the newspaper or the random farms I visit).

Please let me know if you have them--any of them--for sale. Thank you in advance.

LuvsHorror
09-12-15, 04:54 PM
Does anyone have 2 caramel sauces, 2 chocolate sauces, and 1 brownie for sale? I need them for one of the deliveries for tomorrow (calls for two sundaes--I guess they're called--and none of my neighbors are selling those things and I'm not finding any in the newspaper or the random farms I visit).

Please let me know if you have them--any of them--for sale. Thank you in advance.

I have 1 of each. I'm on eastern usa time, 7:52 pm now for me. We can try to arrange a time to meet on my wall. I will be in and out.
I will another caramel in 1 hour 7 minutes.

ariana0601
09-12-15, 07:00 PM
The icon to watch movies is on the opposite side of the screen from the blue ribbon (I.e. It is on the left side). It goes away once you have watched the movies for the day. It looks like a film reel.

Thanks but I do not have that icon. Mon well, maybe it will pop up later now that I got the firt notice.

ghjvcucjb
09-12-15, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know how long the wait times between 'days' are?
Ive been seeing 18 hours so far and im worried it will increase to something like 2 days in which case we'll have to fight for every minute if we want to finish this.
The days are all 24 hours. Depending on your time zone the day resets at the same time every day. For me in Hawaii that time is 9pm. So at 9pm my new day starts and if I have all requested items and finish in 15 minutes, my wait time for the next new day is 23 hours and 45 minutes. Which takes me to the next 9pm reset time. If it take me 1 hour to finish then the my wait time will be 23 hours. If it takes me 22 hours to finish then my wait time will be 2 hours. The 24 hours never changes. Your wait will change depending on how long it takes you to finish that days goal. The only exception is if you use gems to speed up a day, once you are finished with that sped up day then you will have to wait the additional day plus.

ghjvcucjb
09-12-15, 09:14 PM

If you are unable to easily locate or craft your needed items then hit refresh. It only takes 30 minutes. I do this all the time and still have finished in less than 1.5 hours each day so far.

PookieBear50
09-12-15, 09:24 PM
If you are unable to easily locate or craft your needed items then hit refresh. It only takes 30 minutes. I do this all the time and still have finished in less than 1.5 hours each day so far.

I know I can refresh it, but the delivery the event is asking for is a 5-ribbon one (as are the other two), and I'm nervous about what's going to turn up if I refresh it...bad enough it's asking for 2 sundaes (or so I assume that's what they are), what if I refresh and I end up getting a request for two Sashimi? True, I see more of those on the market, but still...

ghjvcucjb
09-12-15, 09:59 PM
I know I can refresh it, but the delivery the event is asking for is a 5-ribbon one (as are the other two), and I'm nervous about what's going to turn up if I refresh it...bad enough it's asking for 2 sundaes (or so I assume that's what they are), what if I refresh and I end up getting a request for two Sashimi? True, I see more of those on the market, but still...
Let me ask you this. How long does it take you to finish each day so far? The reason I'm asking is this, yesterday it took me less than 15 minutes to finish the day. That means I had over 23 hours left. So if I had to refresh several times until I found a set I liked, I would still have more than half a day. Plus the other slots will continue to immediately refresh when you fill them. Then in the meantime you can continue to make all the ingredients for the hard to get items. Which I'm hoarding for the last fews days just in case. Just a thought

Rynetory2
09-12-15, 10:30 PM

The time needed to make a sundae is long and the ingredients needed are hardly on sale. So if I were you, discard it immediately. I will take my chances at a new order than searching for it.

I assume you are a high level farm to make sundae. I'm going to suggest you start crafting and stock up on those high level harder to find items in preparation for day 10. To fulfil orders worth of 1000 gems in 24 hrs means you better have good supply. The orders asked are according to your level. Fulfilling 99% won't bring your piggy home and there won't be time extension. It will be easier for lower level farms to achieve day 10 as long as they have cash.

Personally I stock level 58 - 60 difficult to find items plus the truffles items. I keep 5 to 10 of each kind. Don't keep any item you can easily buy.

Each day, I fulfil most of my orders for the day until I get to the last order. I have the item but I won't deliver yet. I refresh the 2 slots of my next day orders to align it to 5 ribbons orders. Once I'm satisfied, I deliver my last order and the screen locks. After which I load my machines to craft new orders for the next day or high end items and fill all slots. For the rest of the time, I can shop. Hope this helps you.

Just to add, I may consider opening the 4th slot for the last day or advancing to day 10, depending how I do on day 9 and also how many gems to do either. I suspect opening additional slot is cheaper. And if on day 10, I get lots of 1 ribbon orders, I will send them if I can find within 30mins.

PookieBear50
09-12-15, 10:45 PM
Well, the big problem this time around was that I didn't have the Sauce Maker yet because so many mentioned that it required a lot of multi-stage ingredients. However, I at one point HAD seen the Sundae in the newspaper (hadn't bought it because at the time I had no need of it)...and up until this point I had seen sauces on occasion, and brownies as well.

I am level 55 at the moment, and up until this point I have been able to acquire and send out the deliveries quite quickly...with the exception of needing to find two stuffed Alpaca Dolls somewhere.

I guess I can try to start hoarding long-to-craft items, either by buying them or making them myself. On the plus side, I was able to expand to a new area (thus clearing out a bunch of papers) and the capacity of my barn, so I have some space to work with...but I guess it will all depend on those other two slots and if I can keep those cycling through while I craft the Sundaes (which are now in the queue).

Thank you for your advice, I will try to implement your suggestions.

Rynetory2
09-12-15, 11:07 PM
Well, the big problem this time around was that I didn't have the Sauce Maker yet because so many mentioned that it required a lot of multi-stage ingredients. However, I at one point HAD seen the Sundae in the newspaper (hadn't bought it because at the time I had no need of it)...and up until this point I had seen sauces on occasion, and brownies as well.

I am level 55 at the moment, and up until this point I have been able to acquire and send out the deliveries quite quickly...with the exception of needing to find two stuffed Alpaca Dolls somewhere.

I guess I can try to start hoarding long-to-craft items, either by buying them or making them myself. On the plus side, I was able to expand to a new area (thus clearing out a bunch of papers) and the capacity of my barn, so I have some space to work with...but I guess it will all depend on those other two slots and if I can keep those cycling through while I craft the Sundaes (which are now in the queue).

Thank you for your advice, I will try to implement your suggestions.

Correct the sauces require multi stage ingredients. The food items made using sauces fetch high prices, eg fried bananas, sundae, choc sundae, caramel coffee. Perhaps that's why no one sells sauces but rather the items made from sauces. After the event you should consider buying the saucer machine. But for now, save your cash for day 10 and stock up. :) pm me if you still need sundae. I don't answer on wall.

PookieBear50
09-13-15, 12:28 AM
Correct the sauces require multi stage ingredients. The food items made using sauces fetch high prices, eg fried bananas, sundae, choc sundae, caramel coffee. Perhaps that's why no one sells sauces but rather the items made from sauces. After the event you should consider buying the saucer machine. But for now, save your cash for day 10 and stock up. :) pm me if you still need sundae. I don't answer on wall.

I'll hold off on asking for the sundae. I haven't refreshed that slot, but I gave in and refreshed the other two. I had 2 Cranberry Jam waiting to be delivered, and 2 Honey Lemon Tea. I deliver the Cranberry Jam first and get an order for 2 Veggie Juice. Then I delivered the Honey Tea, and what appears? An order for 2 more Cranberry Jam.

I find the 2 Veggie Juice in a neighbor's Side Shop and deliver that, and receive an order for 2 Bread and 3 Gold Nuggets. I wait for one Bread to craft, and continue searching for Cranberry Jam. The bread finishes and I send that deliver out and I get...another order for 2 Cranberry Jam!

At which point I surrendered to the inevitable, refreshed both of those slots, and resigned myself to waiting for 30 minutes to find out what other torturous search I'm going to have to go on.

leysanne
09-13-15, 12:37 AM
Have refreshed my orders too this morning but so far I have found that the 5 ribbon order values have decreased again :(

Day 5 = 250 gem value
5 ribbon order worth 60 gems
3 ribbon order worth 25 gems

Rynetory2
09-13-15, 01:42 AM
Day 5 requires 250 gems

Event info is at http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84573-New-Updates-Country-Fair-Event/page6

Rynetory2
09-13-15, 01:45 AM
Have refreshed my orders too this morning but so far I have found that the 5 ribbon order values have decreased again :(

Day 5 = 250 gem value
5 ribbon order worth 60 gems
3 ribbon order worth 25 gems

There's a big drop of 15 gems for 5 ribbon orders. At this rate, 5 ribbon orders may be worth only 15 gems on Day 10. 1 ribbon order will be 1 gem? :confused: Now that is a very horrifying thought! Hope I'm wrong.

xenu8
09-13-15, 01:53 AM
Let me ask you this. How long does it take you to finish each day so far? The reason I'm asking is this, yesterday it took me less than 15 minutes to finish the day. That means I had over 23 hours left. So if I had to refresh several times until I found a set I liked, I would still have more than half a day. Plus the other slots will continue to immediately refresh when you fill them. Then in the meantime you can continue to make all the ingredients for the hard to get items. Which I'm hoarding for the last fews days just in case. Just a thought

If this is like RS, the first few days are easy to finish quickly, wait until the last couple days, it will be a nightmare to finish, good luck!

Rynetory2
09-13-15, 01:58 AM
I'll hold off on asking for the sundae. I haven't refreshed that slot, but I gave in and refreshed the other two. I had 2 Cranberry Jam waiting to be delivered, and 2 Honey Lemon Tea. I deliver the Cranberry Jam first and get an order for 2 Veggie Juice. Then I delivered the Honey Tea, and what appears? An order for 2 more Cranberry Jam.

I find the 2 Veggie Juice in a neighbor's Side Shop and deliver that, and receive an order for 2 Bread and 3 Gold Nuggets. I wait for one Bread to craft, and continue searching for Cranberry Jam. The bread finishes and I send that deliver out and I get...another order for 2 Cranberry Jam!

At which point I surrendered to the inevitable, refreshed both of those slots, and resigned myself to waiting for 30 minutes to find out what other torturous search I'm going to have to go on.

Poor you, being haunted by cranberry jam and that's rarely sold. :( ok finish your today's orders, load machines for tomorrow orders and then go thru your barn. Top up (craft or buy) all tough items to 5 quantity, starting with the toughest. Make sure your machines are loaded full queue while you aren't able to play. If you have more time and space, top them to 7 or 10 or whatever number you are comfortable with and barn able. Dump out all items that you can easily find. Stop delivery and train for this period if you can to conserve your supply. Feed your pets for mining tools.

Rynetory2
09-13-15, 02:13 AM
The gem worth for 5 ribbons order increased from Day 1 to 3, after which it decreased for Day 4 and 5. :confused:

minidemon88
09-13-15, 02:38 AM
Man, some players are really fast! I saw some of my neighbors with the pet piggy on their farm already. I'm still at Day 4 only. =.="

Btw, received this pop-up. Does it work like the normal pet or? It said has a chance to drop gems each day. Hmmm~

judyandthecat
09-13-15, 04:37 AM
90 gems to open day 6 early so when we reach day 9...will more then likely be a couple of hundred gems to open Day 10 early.
Luvshorror have you opened any more days in advance or anyone else curious to know what cost will be!
Sure hope for halloween they give us a spiderweb habitat with a pet spider named Charlotte to go with Wilbur the Pig!

LuvsHorror
09-13-15, 09:34 AM
I am not opening anymore with gems, so I still have to wait until tomorrow.

ciarjen
09-13-15, 10:25 AM
I don't know how I managed it, but I somehow have neighbors who never sell sauces or brownies, and whenever I go to the newsstand, these items are just never there. I just don't know how players can stalk the newspaper and find all those items they need to complete orders. Sigh.

Anyone selling sauces or brownies?

Sauce is not usually sold because it is so difficult to make and it is used as a base ingredients for other items. I always keep both types of sauce in the barn so that I am able to complete train orders in time. I also keep some of the sundaes, brownies etc for the same reason. I do find these fairly frequently sold by my neighbours though. I think you need to have lots of high level active neighbours to get the items up for sale.

ginrae22
09-13-15, 12:01 PM
I really still don't think I have a shot at getting the pig at the end. Sigh. �� I mean without speeding up. I just hate (still) that they made it so you wait longer and longer... Then when I can fill the orders again it's like the middle of the night! I'm not waking myself up to do that...especially since I've been hardly getting sleep as it is due to the heat in Southern California lately! Soooo is anyone else feeling hopeless about this event ?!

gigi03833
09-13-15, 12:20 PM
I never got a projector? Using an I pad?

ghjvcucjb
09-13-15, 01:25 PM
I really still don't think I have a shot at getting the pig at the end. Sigh. �� I mean without speeding up. I just hate (still) that they made it so you wait longer and longer... Then when I can fill the orders again it's like the middle of the night! I'm not waking myself up to do that...especially since I've been hardly getting sleep as it is due to the heat in Southern California lately! Soooo is anyone else feeling hopeless about this event ?!

Officially you are not waiting longer and longer. The event, once activated is for 10 days. Each day is only 24 hours. If you open a day early with gems, once you complete the early opened day the game reverts back to your original schedule. Unless you open all days early with gem, the game will force you back to the original 10 day schedule.

For example: say you start day 1 on Monday and at midnight the game resets the new day. So Monday is your original Day 1. Tuesday will be your original Day 2. Wednesday will be your original Day3 and so on. Let's say on Monday Day 1 you decided to pay gems to open Tuesday Day 2 early and you finished in a few hours. So at midnight on Monday your Day 3 will NOT open because officially you are still on Day 2 whether you open it early with gems or not. therefore you will now have to wait for Wednesday which was your original Day 3. It may appear to be a longer wait time but it is not. It is the original time frame from the time you activated your game. So on the last day you will still have the same 24 hours to finish.

Clark_Wayne
09-13-15, 02:05 PM
Man, some players are really fast! I saw some of my neighbors with the pet piggy on their farm already. I'm still at Day 4 only. =.="

Btw, received this pop-up. Does it work like the normal pet or? It said has a chance to drop gems each day. Hmmm~

it probably works like the cats, dogs, ponies,.. can drop gem, tools, paints,... ;)

gigi03833
09-13-15, 03:24 PM
There is no link to a free video for gems on my screen? Level 60. Using an I pad?

LuvsHorror
09-13-15, 04:23 PM
K
Officially you are not waiting longer and longer. The event, once activated is for 10 days. Each day is only 24 hours. If you open a day early with gems, once you complete the early opened day the game reverts back to your original schedule. Unless you open all days early with gem, the game will force you back to the original 10 day schedule.

In other words, everyone, There is absolutely no reason to speed things up. This time, weirdly enough, gems do not help, but in fact hinder. I really stuck it to myself using gems on this.

geenammlp1
09-13-15, 06:26 PM
Oh great another quest/goal for iOS only!

PookieBear50
09-13-15, 10:19 PM
Seeing as how since it started I've only received 75 coins each time I watch a movie, I'm going to hope that the whole "Free Gift" thing is temporary and only going to be around for the duration of the event. Otherwise, I am going to think it extremely unfair that some players always get gems and others always get coins. Unless there is a certain criteria that has to be be met for the prize to be gems vs. coins that we have not been informed of, to have the gift locked for good at only one point is a distinct advantage for some and disadvantage for others.

ghjvcucjb
09-13-15, 11:27 PM
Seeing as how since it started I've only received 75 coins each time I watch a movie, I'm going to hope that the whole "Free Gift" thing is temporary and only going to be around for the duration of the event. Otherwise, I am going to think it extremely unfair that some players always get gems and others always get coins. Unless there is a certain criteria that has to be be met for the prize to be gems vs. coins that we have not been informed of, to have the gift locked for good at only one point is a distinct advantage for some and disadvantage for others.I only get coins too.

Rynetory2
09-14-15, 12:57 AM
Day 6 requires 300 gems

Does anyone has the value of 1 and 2 ribbon orders?

ghjvcucjb
09-14-15, 01:23 AM
Day 6 requires 300 gems

Thank you for these. Sorry, I don't think I've gotten 1 or 2 ribbon orders. Most are four. Once a three.

lulu_nuck
09-14-15, 02:23 AM
Well evidently I'm done. Only orders now require bowls of rice and sushi. I'm level 38, and just expanded to the water farm. Haven't bought the sushi shop yet, and definitely won't have the coins before the event ends. Have never seen either of these items for sale and available to me either. I get trying to make it hard for everyone but at least make it so you can buy what you need at the level you are at!!! Smh

Margie2159
09-14-15, 02:26 AM
I tapped my pigs to give them their blue ribbons and one pig disappeared! I've looked everywhere for him. He's not in storage and the game won't let me buy another as I'm maxed out. Hope it can be fixed.

ArlettesFarm
09-14-15, 02:54 AM
Seeing as how since it started I've only received 75 coins each time I watch a movie, I'm going to hope that the whole "Free Gift" thing is temporary and only going to be around for the duration of the event. Otherwise, I am going to think it extremely unfair that some players always get gems and others always get coins. Unless there is a certain criteria that has to be be met for the prize to be gems vs. coins that we have not been informed of, to have the gift locked for good at only one point is a distinct advantage for some and disadvantage for others.

I don't even have the option to watch videos for any sort of reward at all. I suspect that it could, in my case, be a location-based thing. I'm in Australia, and maybe these offers are only available to players in a limited geographical area, e.g. North America. I wonder if somethinglike that affects the different rewards available too?

raissawinda
09-14-15, 03:02 AM
all i have to deliver for this event is SAUCES sauces and sauces.... i wanna die.... and yes, i have refreshed the requests, but still sauces over there.... :( or some long-waiting crafting things... smh (don't take this seriously, i just want to moan a little)

raissawinda
09-14-15, 03:13 AM
I don't even have the option to watch videos for any sort of reward at all. I suspect that it could, in my case, be a location-based thing. I'm in Australia, and maybe these offers are only available to players in a limited geographical area, e.g. North America. I wonder if somethinglike that affects the different rewards available too?

imho, it's kind of rewards for downloading the game (farm story 2) for maybe the first 100 downloaders or so. and, for playing the game more than certain hours per day. or, for having certain TL games in certain level and maintain to keep playing all. and or, some unidentified reasons. has somebody clarified this to TL official mod? thanks.

judyandthecat
09-14-15, 03:41 AM
I tapped my pigs to give them their blue ribbons and one pig disappeared! I've looked everywhere for him. He's not in storage and the game won't let me buy another as I'm maxed out. Hope it can be fixed.

Force close the game and miss piggy should return!

lulu_nuck
09-14-15, 06:54 AM
Ok... Don't know if this was there before or not.. But there is the tiniest button on the right top corner of the orders that changes then 😄. Takes 30 minutes to give a new order but at least I might not have to give up!!

Sweetybeetylady
09-14-15, 07:58 AM
I only have the four pigs, so that is a 25% loss for me! Hope it gets fixed soon!

gerrywerry
09-14-15, 08:02 AM
Ok... Don't know if this was there before or not.. But there is the tiniest button on the right top corner of the orders that changes then ��. Takes 30 minutes to give a new order but at least I might not have to give up!!

The option to refresh the order should have always been there. Good luck!

Sweetybeetylady
09-14-15, 08:03 AM
Duh! Just read the above, force closed the game and indeed, miss Piggy came back! Thanks so much for the tip and sorry for not reading all the way to the end! 😁😁😁

generalmadness
09-14-15, 09:01 AM
Hi all! Question: I have not refreshed any orders yet, and just finished today's goal (pumpkin). Before I finished, I hit the refresh button on one of the orders and got a warning that I will lose my progress if I refresh, and that it takes 30 minutes, yet I think I must have misunderstood because no-one here has mentioned losing progress on the percentage bar when they refresh. Can anyone clarify?

syncler78
09-14-15, 09:10 AM
Hi all! Question: I have not refreshed any orders yet, and just finished today's goal (pumpkin). Before I finished, I hit the refresh button on one of the orders and got a warning that I will lose my progress if I refresh, and that it takes 30 minutes, yet I think I must have misunderstood because no-one here has mentioned losing progress on the percentage bar when they refresh. Can anyone clarify?

When you say you "finished today's goal", you don't mean that you turned in the last orders so the progress bar shows 100%, right? My understanding is that once you hit 100% on the progress bar, the screen will lock all the existing orders so that you would not be able to refresh any. Refreshing an order will not set your progress bar back any. I think what that warning means is that any progress you've made to partially fill an order that you are refreshing will be lost. You won't lose any items for that partial order, but you've made some progress towards completing that order. That's the progress the warning is referring to (I think). It is worded badly. All refreshing an order does is removes that order from the list, you wait 30 minutes, and then you get a new order in it's place. It's very much like plane orders.

EDIT: I hope my explanation attempt didn't confuse you further! :)

generalmadness
09-14-15, 09:14 AM
OK, great! Thanks. What I meant was, I considered refreshing that order before I finished the goal, but got scared off by that warning and now that I have finished the day's goal, I can't go back and checked as they are locked. Your response clarified it for me, though!

ghjvcucjb
09-14-15, 09:48 AM
Well evidently I'm done. Only orders now require bowls of rice and sushi. I'm level 38, and just expanded to the water farm. Haven't bought the sushi shop yet, and definitely won't have the coins before the event ends. Have never seen either of these items for sale and available to me either. I get trying to make it hard for everyone but at least make it so you can buy what you need at the level you are at!!! Smh
Have you tried constantly refreshing? These goals are suppose to be challenging so you may need to spend most of your time refreshing or checking the market place and other shops. I see rice and sushi all the time in the market and at neighbors' shops.

all i have to deliver for this event is SAUCES sauces and sauces.... i wanna die.... and yes, i have refreshed the requests, but still sauces over there.... :( or some long-waiting crafting things... smh (don't take this seriously, i just want to moan a little)

Go ahead and moan. That's part of what this place is for! Yes, these goals are suppose to be challenging and take the full 24 hours each day. If you aren't able to finish this time around there's always next time. You can learn from this. Know where you need to expand too and how many items you may need to keep in stock each event. They'll get easier as you level up.

syncler78
09-14-15, 10:25 AM
I have no idea how this ribbon rating system works. I have 2 5-ribbon orders currently. One is asking for 1 chocolate brownie (2 flour, 2 eggs, 2 dark chocolate, 1 chocolate sauce (2 brown sugar, 2 butter, 2 white sugar, 3 dark chocolate)). That I understand. That's worth 5 ribbons I think. The other order that's also 5 ribbons? 2 cheese, 1 brown sugar, 2 vegetable juice. SMH.

Margie2159
09-14-15, 12:28 PM
Peggy's back!!

ginrae22
09-14-15, 12:52 PM
hi all! Me again!!! Please please I do not have my toy making building yet (just purchased it yesterday) and two out of 3 of my orders for the event are asking for toy trains. if anyone could please spare two to sell me I would be so grateful! I also need 3 truffle rice or whatever it is actually called. Please pm me, or write on my wall if you can help me! Otherwise I need to just refresh and wait for orders i can actually fill. Been trolling the news and all of my neighbors' shops but haven't seen any of either item!

syncler78
09-14-15, 12:59 PM
hi all! Me again!!! Please please I do not have my toy making building yet (just purchased it yesterday) and two out of 3 of my orders for the event are asking for toy trains. if anyone could please spare two to sell me I would be so grateful! I also need 3 truffle rice or whatever it is actually called. Please pm me, or write on my wall if you can help me! Otherwise I need to just refresh and wait for orders i can actually fill. Been trolling the news and all of my neighbors' shops but haven't seen any of either item!

Are you aware that you can refresh those orders you don't have items for? You just wait 30 minutes and then get a new order that (hopefully) you already have the items, have the materials to make, or are easier to find in the newspaper. Click on the little circle of arrows in the upper right corner of the order to refresh and say ok to the warning.

(If you already knew this then please disregard. :D)

ghjvcucjb
09-14-15, 02:02 PM
Day 6 requires 300 gems

I have no idea how this ribbon rating system works. I have 2 5-ribbon orders currently. One is asking for 1 chocolate brownie (2 flour, 2 eggs, 2 dark chocolate, 1 chocolate sauce (2 brown sugar, 2 butter, 2 white sugar, 3 dark chocolate)). That I understand. That's worth 5 ribbons I think. The other order that's also 5 ribbons? 2 cheese, 1 brown sugar, 2 vegetable juice. SMH.
On the right hand side of your progress bar it will show how many gems it will take to fill the progress bar to finish. For example 100 gems. As you fill up the progress bar by delivering orders that number goes down until the gems get down to zero and your progress bar is at 100% and you finish for the day.

Each order is worth either 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5-blue ribbons. In the Information posted above on day 6 a 5-blue ribbon order is worth 72 gems. Therefore, working with our 100 gem example, if you deliver a 5-blue ribbon order, your gems to finish progress bar will go down by 72 gems and you will now only need 28 gems to finish for the day. Which means you will only need 1 3-ribbon order to turn in to finish out the day because a 3-ribbon order is worth 30 gems and you only need 28 to finish

ETA: what determines whether an order is 1,2,3,4 or 5-blue ribbons only S8 knows but it usually is either a hard to get or hard to make items and/or lots of items at one time.

syncler78
09-14-15, 02:13 PM
On the right hand side of your progress bar it will show how many gems it will take to fill the progress bar to finish. For example 100 gems. As you fill up the progress bar by delivering orders that number goes down until the gems get down to zero and your progress bar is at 100% and you finish for the day.

Each order is worth either 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5-blue ribbons. In the Information posted above on day 6 a 5-blue ribbon order is worth 72 gems. Therefore, working with our 100 gem example, if you deliver a 5-blue ribbon order, your gems to finish progress bar will go down by 72 gems and you will now only need 28 gems to finish for the day. Which means you will only need 1 3-ribbon order to turn in to finish out the day because a 3-ribbon is worth 30 gems and you only need 28.

Sorry, I do understand all that between number of ribbons and number of gems, and how to fill up the progress bar for each day. My post was really more of a gripe as to how can FS2 have the two orders that I listed as equivalent to each other in difficulty and each worth 5 ribbons. I mean, I don't mind having an easy 5-ribbon order to complete, and you can bet I'm going to fill that one! I just thought the number of ribbons might have something to do with the relative difficulty of the order. Maybe the number of ribbons isn't supposed to have anything to do with difficulty and is randomly assigned. And maybe I'm just trying to project my own expectations onto a game in order to try to understand it in lieu of any real instructions from Storm8. :)

ghjvcucjb
09-14-15, 02:14 PM
Just a suggestion. As soon as I see an order with items I know I can't get, I just automatically refresh. Then I make a note of the items and take my time to look for them and when I find them, buy and store for the next round. By the time you look for an item, make requests from neighbors and n here, wait for replies, organize a meet time, do the trade, you could have refreshed several times and found orders more suitable to your likings.

ghjvcucjb
09-14-15, 02:19 PM
Sorry, I do understand all that between number of ribbons and number of gems, and how to fill up the progress bar for each day. My post was really more of a gripe as to how can FS2 have the two orders that I listed as equivalent to each other in difficulty and each worth 5 ribbons. I mean, I don't mind having an easy 5-ribbon order to complete, and you can bet I'm going to fill that one! I just thought the number of ribbons might have something to do with the relative difficulty of the order. Maybe the number of ribbons isn't supposed to have anything to do with difficulty and is randomly assigned. And maybe I'm just trying to project my own expectations onto a game in order to try to understand it in lieu of any real instructions from Storm8. :)
I think I was adding the ETA while you were posting. My ETA addresses your issue. Your first order is ONE hard to make item. Your second order requires NUMEROUS items. Therefore they both are rated 5 blue ribbons

ETA: S8 has never given real instructions on events in any of their games. We learn by trial and error and what fellow gamers post here. That's why we all have to stick together!

syncler78
09-14-15, 03:04 PM
I think I was adding the ETA while you were posting. My ETA addresses your issue. Your first order is ONE hard to make item. Your second order requires NUMEROUS items. Therefore they both are rated 5 blue ribbons

ETA: S8 has never given real instructions on events in any of their games. We learn by trial and error and what fellow gamers post here. That's why we all have to stick together!

True, but each of those items in the second order are REALLY easy to make! Two hours max if I have to make it all and the value of those things if sold is much less than the one chocolate brownie. So I still think it's silly that it was considered a 5-ribbon order. But I'll take it! :)

I often rely on others' advice here in the forums for these games. Especially since I'm usually a goal behind and I refuse to spend any gems just to speed things up!

Rynetory2
09-15-15, 12:42 AM
Day 7 requires 300 gems
1 ribbon order = 9 gems
3 ribbons order = 23 gems
4 ribbons order = 32 - 33 gems
5 ribbons order = 55 gems

Note that the 5 ribbon order dropped close to 20 gems from previous day. Thus we can predict we will need to make a bare minimum of 19 (1000/55) of 5 ribbons orders on Day 10. This number will go higher with as the gem value of the orders drops each day. We will get a better prediction on Day 9 when we know the exact value of the orders.

• For players who are new to this event, go and read event info on page 6. Read the discussions in the thread and learn from others. If in doubt, post in this thread, fellow players will help.

• For players who are used to asking for items on forum or walls, you are unlikely to have that much time to make arrangements on Day 10. So go shopping and stock up while you have time. If you can't find the item and your machines are full, it may be worthwhile to ask your neighbours who aren't participating in this event to craft some items for you before Day 10.

• For players who aren't participating this event, it's a good time to sell your crafts and make cash. Players will just buy so they can bring their pet piggy home. Personally I don't even bother with the prices when I have goal / time constraint.

Before you submit your last order on Day 9, be sure to align your orders for Day 10 to doable 5 ribbons orders. Be prepared to go speed shopping and use the refresh button lots on Day 10. Good luck :)