PDA

View Full Version : Service Salute Part 2: Captain K9 09/08/15

Hawksmoor
09-08-15, 11:46 AM
Captain K9 -Nature/Earth: 13 hrs breed time
Good Luck Everyone!

Today's update also includes a Bulldog Value Pack. FYY - my price shown is in Canadian $.

forestwald
09-08-15, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know what the breeding time is? I just got a 13 hr egg and can't seem to find what animal this is? Could it be K9??

chippychan
09-08-15, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know what the breeding time is? I just got a 13 hr egg and can't seem to find what animal this is? Could it be K9??

Congrats! The time for Captain K9 is indeed 13 hours for the Nature/Earth combo. :)

EviBrooklyn
09-08-15, 12:08 PM
Just got 13 hours also with unicorpia & emerald

cardinalpsy
09-08-15, 12:16 PM
Got it with emerald and rock rhino. Breeding time 13 hrs. The egg looks very cute. :)Good luck everyone!

Hawksmoor
09-08-15, 12:23 PM
I decided to speed through my first Plantlers fail and got 13 hours! Panda and Rhino worked their magic :-)

ogreve
09-08-15, 12:40 PM
Congrats to those who got it!
Unfortunately I didn't know in time that the breeding formula was different so right after the update I put in another earth-fire attempt only to get another Armordillo.

I'm very trigger happy to just speed the Rooster and Armordillo away, but that's gem-expensive and I'm quite sure that I wouldn't get the desired K9 directly anyway. I think I'll play the "patience game" and see if I'm going to attempt this with straight attempts or with 4-element ones; the latter certainly feel more appealing as I'm then working on my own agenda and not giving in to the endless chain of fruitless limited trio animal breeding fails....
I may alternate between the two too. Hmmm, I don't know exactly what would be best to do...<SIGH>

My results:
--- straight earth-nature ---
#01: Ancient Sloth (15) + Hedgehog (12): Plantlers [sped directly off the nest]
#02: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Grassquatch!!!! Finally! That's the only earth-nature fail I needed still! :)
#03: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers
#04: Ancient Sloth (15) + Bamboon (10): Plantlers
#05: Volcamel (4) + Bamboon (10): Fairy Ferret
#06: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers

--- 4-element breeding ---
#07: Vinotaur (15) + Rainguin (15): Skyger
#08: Vinotaur (15) + Blizard (15): Skyger
#09: Hydro Yak (11) + Armordillo (12): Plantlers

--- straight earth-nature ---
#10: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers

Well, this morning I "snuffed the Rooster" by speeding it's last 6 hours hatching time away and instantly selling it. I gave my highest level nature-earth hybrids a go and of course that only resulted in a Plantlers. I didn't want to see an Armordillo egg on the nest and that 9 hour timer in the den all day long so I decided to (for once) speed them both directly away at a cost of 21 gems and put in the Pandaffodil + Rock Rhino. It gave me a 14 hour timer.
Right after the Plantlers finishes hatching, I'll again speed the remaining breeding time away, but I don't like the gem costs of doing so. I want to do a BIT of speeding, but not too much....

Update:
Hah! This time I didn't "kiss and tell" and upon seeing the 14 hours timer I decided to not tease the karma gods by writing about how the Grassquatch was the ONLY earth-nature outcome that had eluded me for a looooooong time. I just sped the last two hours of Plantlers breeding off the nest (so the hatching will end around 00:30 tonight at which time I'll speed the remaining 14 hours hatching time and can put in another attempt). I then made sure to not get my hopes up too high when moving the 14 hour timer egg to the nest, fearing it would be another Hedgehog, but no! This time the karma gods smiled upon me and gave me the Grassquatch!
Though I so far have not had any success in breeding a service animal at least I've now had two good fails (Rubble Rooster and Grassquatch), and.... When the Grassquatch hatching ends, I will *finally* have completed the "In Touch With Nature" goal, that has been for a loooooooooong time in my "Goals" menu. :P

New strategy:
O.k., I'm getting really fed up with the same fails all over again; attempt number 6 was yet another Plantlers, and just like the other three Plantlers it gave me only 1 bomb. :(
Time switch to 4-element breeding now for a while! Even if that makes chances of getting the Service animals even lower, it will at least be something else to aim for... I shall make sure to have the 4-elements include earth-nature-fire, so that limits the attempts to three different kinds of elemental combinations.
A quick check at the breeding calculator (which isn't 100% up to date now) seems to tell me the following stats:
1-earth-nature-fire-water: 31 outcomes of which I need 6 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Ocean Owl, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: shortest fail times of the three and it also gives a shot at the Ocean Owl that I need for trying to breed the Treasure Toucan.
2-earth-nature-fire-electric: 34 outcomes of which I need 9 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Porkupine, Storm Sphinx, Eagle Beagle, Shockatoo, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: 9 good outcomes, but the downside is that these include the longest fails, and there are more outcomes than those of option 1.
3-earth-nature-fire-dark: 36 outcomes of which I need 8 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Lunar Moth, Punk Skunk, Onyx Ox, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: it gives a chance at the Lunar Moth. Disadvantages: most outcomes and worst good/bad ratio. Breeding times tend to be longer than option 1 too.

O.k., once again writing down the options has helped me determine a strategy: option 1 (earth-nature-fire-water) it is: shortest fails, best good/bad outcome ratio and it gives me a shot at the Ocean Owl which I need for trying for the Treasure Toucan. If I get fed up with this combination, I'll give option 2 (substituting water for electric) a few shots.

Drachenia
09-08-15, 12:40 PM
Hello I have Captain K9 buy, I love German Shepherds and want a 2 have. Good luck to all, I have been breeding with Pandaffodil / Rock Rhino and get Plantlers

forestwald
09-08-15, 01:39 PM
Congrats! The time for Captain K9 is indeed 13 hours for the Nature/Earth combo. :)

Cool. Thanks. I got it with rhino and panda.

ninasidstorm8
09-08-15, 02:17 PM
This is an interesting change for the trios. We now use different element combinations for the first and second animals. I don't recall that ever happening before. Makes it more difficult to breed the second animal until you breed the first.

Also the fails for breeding the third animal will most likely be Nature/Fire which will be the shortest fail times of the three combinations. In theory that should make it easier to breed the 3rd animal once you have the first two (at least you can make more attempts). At least the fails will vary between the animals instead of the same thing for three weeks. On balance I think the changes look positive.

I am still trying for the first of the trio. Good Luck to all.

SummerNightSky
09-08-15, 03:54 PM
My breeding attempts (Lv.10 Pandaffodil x Lv.10 Rock Rhino)
1. 9 hours = Plantlers
2. 9 hours = Plantlers
3. 9 hours = Plantlers
4. 9 hours = Plantlers
5. 9 hours = Plantlers
6. 9 hours = Plantlers

I don't have Bamboon, Hedgehog, or Grassquatch. Bamboon is needed to finish one goal, while another goal would be finished if I got Grassquatch, so I definitely would not mind those fails. Not that I'd mind a Hedgehog fail either :3

infinitelove19
09-08-15, 05:19 PM
This is an interesting change for the trios. We now use different element combinations for the first and second animals. I don't recall that ever happening before. Makes it more difficult to breed the second animal until you breed the first.

Also the fails for breeding the third animal will most likely be Nature/Fire which will be the shortest fail times of the three combinations. In theory that should make it easier to breed the 3rd animal once you have the first two (at least you can make more attempts). At least the fails will vary between the animals instead of the same thing for three weeks. On balance I think the changes look positive.

I am still trying for the first of the trio. Good Luck to all.

I am definitely not a fan of this change. Assuming one breeds the first two successfully, the fails for the third will vary between 3 hours & 15 hours, which could be quite frustrating, and wind up using a lot of gems to keep things going. I *do* hope the odds of breeding are improved, though I doubt it.

I'm still working on the first one & keep getting Volcamels and Magmacores. So frustrating!

jim23cash
09-08-15, 05:23 PM
My breeding attempts (Lv.10 Pandaffodil x Lv.10 Rock Rhino)
1. 9 hours = Plantlers

I don't have Bamboon, Hedgehog, or Grassquatch. Bamboon is needed to finish one goal, while another goal would be finished if I got Grassquatch, so I definitely would not mind those fails. Not that I'd mind a Hedgehog fail either :3
I got at least 2 of each of those before getting this one! I hope you don't get that many fails, especially the 14 hour ones! Good luck! :D Annie

ninasidstorm8
09-08-15, 06:31 PM
I am definitely not a fan of this change. Assuming one breeds the first two successfully, the fails for the third will vary between 3 hours & 15 hours, which could be quite frustrating, and wind up using a lot of gems to keep things going. I *do* hope the odds of breeding are improved, though I doubt it.

I'm still working on the first one & keep getting Volcamels and Magmacores. So frustrating!

I am not sure where you get 15 hours from. I believe the longest current Nature/Fire breed time is 9 hours for the Flyerfox.

Lisa0107
09-08-15, 07:07 PM
Got it first try with grassquatch and the dog. Cant remember what that dig is. But i got a13 hour timer! But u have not gotten the first one yet so i am not getting the goal-gems

Drachenia
09-08-15, 07:21 PM
Hello I have Captain K9 buy, I love German Shepherds and want a 2 have. Good luck to all, I have been breeding with Pandaffodil / Rock Rhino and get Plantlers

I breeding with Pandaffodil/Rock Rhino and got Bamboon, Plantlers :(

infinitelove19
09-08-15, 07:52 PM
I am not sure where you get 15 hours from. I believe the longest current Nature/Fire breed time is 9 hours for the Flyerfox.

Isn't earth still in the mix? Perhaps not... so confused.

ninasidstorm8
09-08-15, 08:15 PM
Isn't earth still in the mix? Perhaps not... so confused.

Let's call the new element Paw for now. The elements for the Station Dalmation are Paw/Fire. The Elements for the Captain K9 are Paw/Nature. If the third animal is bred from the first two to get a Pure Paw, then the only failures would be Nature/Fire animals as well as the first two animals of the trio. There would be no Earth fails. So the fails for each of the animals are a different element combination and Nature/Fire for the third animal has the lowest fail times.

I hope that clarifies things.

Drachenia
09-08-15, 08:54 PM
Let's call the new element Paw for now. The elements for the Station Dalmation are Paw/Fire. The Elements for the Captain K9 are Paw/Nature. If the third animal is bred from the first two to get a Pure Paw, then the only failures would be Nature/Fire animals as well as the first two animals of the trio. There would be no Earth fails. So the fails for each of the animals are a different element combination and Nature/Fire for the third animal has the lowest fail times.

I hope that clarifies things.
Hello Ninasidstorm! I just want to point out is that 3. Super Rare animal is and was always from breeding the 1 + 2 animal

SummerNightSky
09-08-15, 09:30 PM
The Elements for the Captain K9 are Paw/Nature.
Captain K9 is Paw/Earth. So I'm thinking we would be back to Earth/Fire fails (plus Station Dalmation and Captain K9 as fails) when breeding Station Dalmation with Captain K9 to get the final member of the trio.

I got at least 2 of each of those before getting this one! I hope you don't get that many fails, especially the 14 hour ones! Good luck! :D Annie
Thanks Annie, and congratulations on your Captain K9! :D

ninasidstorm8
09-08-15, 10:00 PM
Captain K9 is Paw/Earth. So I'm thinking we would be back to Earth/Fire fails (plus Station Dalmation and Captain K9 as fails) when breeding Station Dalmation with Captain K9 to get the final member of the trio.

Thanks Annie, and congratulations on your Captain K9! :D

Thanks for the correction. I assumed that since Fire was the common element between breeding the Station Dalmation and Captain K9 that Earth would be the element dropping out in each case. I should have just looked at Captain K9 in the shop.

Since we will be going back to Earth/Fire fails for the third animal, I don't like the change from the previous trios. I am sorry if I caused any confusion.

poise86
09-08-15, 10:31 PM
hi, does it matter if i try breed captain k9 but I not yet breed station dalmation ?

31aug2002
09-09-15, 02:18 AM
hi, does it matter if i try breed captain k9 but I not yet breed station dalmation ?
Yes you can breed the K9 .and keep trying for the 1st one.

poise86
09-09-15, 05:48 AM
Yes you can breed the K9 .and keep trying for the 1st one.

Thank you..the dalmantion make me stress, i think i'll try captain for while :)

ogreve
09-09-15, 06:54 AM
Hah!
Though the switch in elements for the second animal is a bit of a complication, at least I now for a while do not have to see the endless chain of same old (and 1 new) earth-fire fails over and over again. And... on my second attempt I got something good: a 14 hour timer....
This time I didn't "kiss and tell" and upon seeing that 14 hours timer I decided to not tease the karma gods by writing about how the Grassquatch was the ONLY earth-nature outcome that had eluded me for a looooooong time. I just sped the last two hours of Plantlers breeding off the nest (so the hatching will end around 00:30 tonight at which time I'll speed the remaining 14 hours hatching time and can put in another attempt). I then made sure to not get my hopes up too high when moving the 14 hour timer egg to the nest, fearing it would be another Hedgehog, but no! This time the karma gods smiled upon me and gave me the Grassquatch!
Though I so far have not had any success in breeding a service animal at least I've now had two good fails (Rubble Rooster and Grassquatch), and.... When the Grassquatch hatching ends, I will *finally* have completed the "In Touch With Nature" goal, that has been for a loooooooooong time in my "Goals" menu. :P

HappyHeartBakery
09-09-15, 07:21 AM
Paw animal #2 attempts:

1. Panda & Rhino = Hedgehog (bad fail - already have)
2. Ancient Sloth & Bamboon = 14 hour (hoping thats at least a Grassquatch that I still need and not another hedgehog)
And it's a hedgehog fail
3. Sapybara & Bamboon = 14 hr timer

31aug2002
09-09-15, 08:38 AM
Hah!
Though the switch in elements for the second animal is a bit of a complication, at least I now for a while do not have to see the endless chain of same old (and 1 new) earth-fire fails over and over again. And... on my second attempt I got something good: a 14 hour timer....
This time I didn't "kiss and tell" and upon seeing that 14 hours timer I decided to not tease the karma gods by writing about how the Grassquatch was the ONLY earth-nature outcome that had eluded me for a looooooong time. I just sped the last two hours of Plantlers breeding off the nest (so the hatching will end around 00:30 tonight at which time I'll speed the remaining 14 hours hatching time and can put in another attempt). I then made sure to not get my hopes up too high when moving the 14 hour timer egg to the nest, fearing it would be another Hedgehog, but no! This time the karma gods smiled upon me and gave me the Grassquatch!
Congratulations on getting the grassquatch. Hoping we all get what we wish for. ( the service Trio :) )

55lee55
09-09-15, 11:19 AM
Now, I get Plantlers. Long ago, when I tried and tried, I couldn't get a Plantlers. Oh well, at least there is time to breed this one yet, and I have the Dalmation. Congratulations to all who have them both, and good luck to those still trying.

Drachenia
09-09-15, 11:21 AM
I'm sorry, this time can not help. I get my 2nd Captain K9 with Crystal Unicorn / Captain K9. I do not know what to do, will Captain K9 to LVL 15 have, just 95,000 feed and am afraid the next collection point for the tasks not having enough food. Please help me what should I do? :confused:

Drachenia
09-09-15, 12:21 PM
I'm sorry, this time can not help. I get my 2nd Captain K9 with Crystal Unicorn / Captain K9. I do not know what to do, will Captain K9 to LVL 15 have, just 95,000 feed and am afraid the next collection point for the tasks not having enough food. Please help me what should I do? :confused:
So Captain K9 have to go to LVL 10 and ready to evolve, but which is occupied until morning. Here are two pictures

23607 23608

sweetdeda
09-09-15, 12:22 PM
With you 55lee55, plantlers are neverending for me right now. Still time for the K9 so I'll just keep breeding-hatching-selling until I get lucky. ��

dangerb0y
09-09-15, 02:31 PM
Can you breed Station Dalmatian and Rock Rhino to get this?
The fails are probably worse this way anyway.

Drachenia
09-09-15, 03:36 PM
Can you breed Station Dalmatian and Rock Rhino to get this?
The fails are probably worse this way anyway.

No so you do not get Captain K9. But you can for Captain K9 and Station Dalmation with this pair breeding: Ancient Sloth / Cactus Kitsune. Good luck

saphiraetti
09-09-15, 05:45 PM
Just got 13 hours also with unicorpia & emerald

I breed emerald and cyclops got a 45 hour fail it is good even though I already have two emeralds so I am hoping for another cyclops.

RowanaFarrin
09-09-15, 06:00 PM
Got it on the second try! :D If this pattern keeps up, I should get the last dog on my third try? That would be both awesome and amazing! Going to try some four element breedings with my Dalmation for a while while I wait for the last one.

Good luck everyone! I'm going to visit all my neighbors and see if I can spread some luck around! ^_^

SummerNightSky
09-09-15, 08:00 PM
Congrats to those who have gotten Captain K9. So far the Curse of the Plantlers (I've never bred anything Earth/Nature but Plantlers) continues, but I'm only 4 attempts in, so I'm far from giving up.

May Captain K9 show up in all of our breeding gardens!

tennysonrobin
09-09-15, 08:35 PM
Is the name of captain k9 from a series about a police dog named Rex? It does sound a bit familiar to me. If yes then I HAVE TO BREED THIS ONE!!! (Not that I wouldn't breed it if it wasn't from the film anyway ;) ) 2 planters so far... So frustrating, not to mention no dalmatian either

LonePudding
09-09-15, 11:21 PM
I think my game is glitched. When I was trying for the station Dalmation, all I got were armordillos. I tried for this with Bamboon and Crystal Unicorn and got 14 hours but the egg shows an armordillo egg?!

sweetdeda
09-10-15, 03:04 AM
I think my game is glitched. When I was trying for the station Dalmation, all I got were armordillos. I tried for this with Bamboon and Crystal Unicorn and got 14 hours but the egg shows an armordillo egg?!

Wow, that must be a glitch! You might try uninstalling/reinstalling to fix it. Good luck LonePudding!

ogreve
09-10-15, 04:19 AM

Very interesting. Sounds kinda like the situation that I had yesterday where an Armordillo gave me THREE bombs; something that never happens otherwise. Could it in reality have been a "switched over" 14 hours timer?! Who knows... Sounds like we are both having "sync issues" (as TL calls it) just like I so happened to get two "sync issues" right when the Wheel of Misfortune stopped on an animal...

Anyway, all conspiracy theories aside, I see the trio breeding is going no different than it went for the other trios and after an endless chain of mostly the same fails all over again, I think I'll now switch to 4-element breeding for a while so as to at least work on my own agenda. Even if that makes chances of getting the Service animals even lower, it will at least be something else to aim for... I shall make sure to have the 4-elements include earth-nature-fire, so that limits the attempts to three different kinds of elemental combinations.
A quick check at the breeding calculator (which isn't 100% up to date now) seems to tell me the following stats:
1-earth-nature-fire-water: 31 outcomes of which I need 6 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Ocean Owl, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: shortest fail times of the three and it also gives a shot at the Ocean Owl that I need for trying to breed the Treasure Toucan.
2-earth-nature-fire-electric: 34 outcomes of which I need 9 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Porkupine, Storm Sphinx, Eagle Beagle, Shockatoo, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: 9 good outcomes, but the downside is that these include the longest fails, and there are more outcomes than those of option 1.
3-earth-nature-fire-dark: 36 outcomes of which I need 8 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Lunar Moth, Punk Skunk, Onyx Ox, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: it gives a chance at the Lunar Moth. Disadvantages: most outcomes and worst good/bad ratio. Breeding times tend to be longer than option 1 too.

O.k., once again writing down the options has helped me determine a strategy: option 1 (earth-nature-fire-water) it is: shortest fails, best good/bad outcome ratio and it gives me a shot at the Ocean Owl which I need for trying for the Treasure Toucan. If I get fed up with this combination, I'll give option 2 (substituting water for electric) a few shots.

mrhammy48
09-10-15, 05:24 AM
Just got my 13 hour timer. Yay. Back to trying for the Dalmatian. I have a strange feeling that I will not be successful with this trio.

Edit - got it with rock rhino and pandaffodil both epics.

HappyHeartBakery
09-10-15, 06:09 AM
Got it on the second try! :D If this pattern keeps up, I should get the last dog on my third try? That would be both awesome and amazing! Going to try some four element breedings with my Dalmation for a while while I wait for the last one.

Good luck everyone! I'm going to visit all my neighbors and see if I can spread some luck around! ^_^

Congrats RowanaFarrin! Can I ask what combo did you use to get your K9?
Always nice to see what others are having success with.
I'll probably mix up some 4 element attempts (with ogreve's handy thought process) with some nature/earth combo animals along with some straight up panda & rhino. Seems less boring/stressful to mix it up a little while I wait...

Drachenia
09-10-15, 07:16 AM
Hi folks I want to have my Captain K9 necessarily LVL 15 (Epic). So now is collecting food to get. I hope morning no tasks book appears.

23638 23639

31aug2002
09-10-15, 07:41 AM
Very interesting. Sounds kinda like the situation that I had yesterday where an Armordillo gave me THREE bombs; something that never happens otherwise. Could it in reality have been a "switched over" 14 hours timer?! Who knows... Sounds like we are both having "sync issues" (as TL calls it) just like I so happened to get two "sync issues" right when the Wheel of Misfortune stopped on an animal...

Anyway, all conspiracy theories aside, I see the trio breeding is going no different than it went for the other trios and after an endless chain of mostly the same fails all over again, I think I'll now switch to 4-element breeding for a while so as to at least work on my own agenda. Even if that makes chances of getting the Service animals even lower, it will at least be something else to aim for... I shall make sure to have the 4-elements include earth-nature-fire, so that limits the attempts to three different kinds of elemental combinations.

I think I must start by thanking you for putting the options out for every one. At least you have saved me so much time :)
I am going to give one last ditch try for the trio and then I think I will follow your strategy. The outcomes for me outweigh the fails
Though with the luck I am having I will get an army of animals I already have. But still worth a shot.

crystalrayn3
09-10-15, 07:52 AM
Phew!! After 17 tries Captain K9 finally popped up. Sure hope the last pup has a better drop rate.

belarica
09-10-15, 08:03 AM
I really hope I get this one :) I will name it after my German shepard

ogreve
09-10-15, 08:36 AM
I think I must start by thanking you for putting the options out for every one. At least you have saved me so much time :)
I am going to give one last ditch try for the trio and then I think I will follow your strategy. The outcomes for me outweigh the fails
Though with the luck I am having I will get an army of animals I already have. But still worth a shot.

You're welcome!
I already put in my first earth-nature-fire-water attempt: 7 hours, so it's either a Skyger or a Vinotaur (both of which I have, of course): at least it's a refreshingly different counter from the 9-hour Plantlers and 12-hour Armordillos :P

SummerNightSky
09-10-15, 08:51 AM
If I keep getting nothing but Plantlers fails, I might switch over to Earth-Nature-Water breeding (15 possibilities, of which I need 8: Captain K9, Bamboon, Hedgehog, Grassquatch, Chilly Goat, Ocean Owl, Iciclaw, and Rockodile) or a 4-element attempt of some sort.

HappyHeartBakery
09-10-15, 08:59 AM
Paw animal #2 attempts:

1. Panda & Rhino = Hedgehog (bad fail - already have)
2. Ancient Sloth & Bamboon = 14 hour (hoping thats at least a Grassquatch that I still need and not another hedgehog)
And it's a hedgehog fail
3. Sapybara & Bamboon = 14 hr timer

4. panda & ancient sloth = 9 hr fail

I'll be trying one of ogreve's strategies next...with either a earth-nature-water OR 4 element earth-nature-water-fire. I'm liking the shorter fails AND I still need many of those animals as well (including the ocean owl:))

I ended up switching to 4 elements for the Dalmatian and then back to basic again and finally got him. Hoping for the same luck with the K9.

Good luck all. Please keep posting stragety's and what combos worked for you - it helps alot!!

Ok. My # 3 ended up being a Grassquatch (great, needed that one).
Then #4 was a planter

Just put in a 4 element try using ogreves strategy. Tried a hydro yak & the Chimpala. Got a 7 hr timer. Hoping is a Vinotaur which I need still & not a Skygar.

Sadly last attempt = Skygar

Put in basic panda & rhino for next attempt = 9 hr timer fail:(

RowanaFarrin
09-10-15, 09:08 AM
Congrats RowanaFarrin! Can I ask what combo did you use to get your K9?
Always nice to see what others are having success with.
I'll probably mix up some 4 element attempts (with ogreve's handy thought process) with some nature/earth combo animals along with some straight up panda & rhino. Seems less boring/stressful to mix it up a little while I wait...

Sure! Sorry I should have mentioned that. I just used Pandaffodil and Rock Rhino. I used Rock Rhino and Pyro Pony for the Dalmation. Hope this is helpful!

31aug2002
09-10-15, 09:44 AM
Tried ancient sloth and grassquatch .... Got another Plantler... This is repeat of last breeding attempts where only racmoons or dream bats came out... Now I have only getting armordillos and plantlers .

calvinxx
09-10-15, 10:27 AM
I used Unicornopia and Treebra

sweetdeda
09-10-15, 03:16 PM
Still without a K9 in my Forest.....:(

HappyHeartBakery
09-10-15, 06:53 PM
Sure! Sorry I should have mentioned that. I just used Pandaffodil and Rock Rhino. I used Rock Rhino and Pyro Pony for the Dalmation. Hope this is helpful!

Thanks ! Every tip can be helpful;)

sweetdeda
09-11-15, 03:34 AM
Ancient Sloth and plantler, finally got me a K9! Good luck all still trying and congrats to those lucky enough to breed.

HappyHeartBakery
09-11-15, 04:27 AM
Ancient Sloth and plantler, finally got me a K9! Good luck all still trying and congrats to those lucky enough to breed.

Congrats sweetdeda!! I'm still breeding away:(

sweetdeda
09-11-15, 05:18 AM
Thanks HappyHeartBakery! Good luck to you, I hope you get it very soon. With the third animal being released today mine will not be out of the nest and evolved to start right a way trying with him, if he is needed to breed the last of the trio.

Sandybellee
09-11-15, 05:22 AM
Thanks HappyHeartBakery! Good luck to you, I hope you get it very soon. With the third animal being released today mine will not be out of the nest and evolved to start right a way trying with him, if he is needed to breed the last of the trio.

Congrats! I hope you get the last one very soon! Hoping also I will be in such a good situation with a trio someday. I still don't have either one. Tempted to speed but usually it's not worth it.

HappyHeartBakery
09-11-15, 11:05 AM
Bummer - thought I'd give sweetdeda's breeding combo a whirl (ancient sloth & plantler) and got a 10 hr time. Bamboon, which i recently have:(

rjazz
09-11-15, 03:44 PM
I have a herd of Plantiers..................

LonePudding
09-12-15, 03:41 AM
I got this first out of the rest yesterday, finally with Obsidian Cyclops x Solar Simian. Hoping I can get the rest in time! Good luck everyone, try not to pull you hair out in frustration :p

HappyHeartBakery
09-12-15, 03:46 AM
This is the only one with a 13 hr breed time right???
Think I just got him with panda & rhino

RowanaFarrin
09-12-15, 10:42 AM
This is the only one with a 13 hr breed time right???
Think I just got him with panda & rhino

I think so! Congrats! ^_^

SummerNightSky
09-12-15, 10:52 AM
Didn't get a 13 hour timer, but I got a 14 hour timer :D
Don't have Grassquatch or Hedgehog, so guaranteed new animal. And I can now say that I've bred something Earth/Nature besides Plantlers.

Congrats to all the new Captain K9 owners and best of luck to us all still trying for one :D

EDIT: My 14 hour timer was a Grassquatch, so I also was able to finish that one goal that required having a Grassquatch and get some gems :D

LynsoKevin
09-13-15, 01:07 PM
Tried 20x for k9 with rhino/panda and have gotten a rooster, grass watch and the rest plantlers... Any ideas guys and once the 12 days are up will we not be able to to get the dog?

SummerNightSky
09-13-15, 05:02 PM
Tried 20x for k9 with rhino/panda and have gotten a rooster, grass watch and the rest plantlers... Any ideas guys and once the 12 days are up will we not be able to to get the dog?
Once the 12 days are up, we will not be able to breed Captain K9.

31aug2002
09-15-15, 12:16 AM

Once the 12 days are up, we will not be able to breed Captain K9.

I do not understand. does it mean 12 days from today or 12 days into the event.

It is a 21 day event so that means we do have the complete 21 days form the beginning of the event to get the dogs.

ninasidstorm8
09-15-15, 08:12 AM
I do not understand. does it mean 12 days from today or 12 days into the event.

It is a 21 day event so that means we do have the complete 21 days form the beginning of the event to get the dogs.

I think when these posts were written there was 12 days left to breed the trio. You can see in your goal book how much time is left. Now there is less than 11 days left.

belarica
09-15-15, 08:33 AM
Finally got captain k9, now to try for saintly bernard

NatureGreenD
09-15-15, 07:07 PM
Help me!I keep getting plantlers,and I'm fed up with it.Team Lava,make it easier by
KEEPING THEM!You did it for Dragon Story(Olympus dragons)

lildvl91
09-16-15, 05:47 AM
Got this one this am. It's now sitting in my nest..I'm glad. But still don't have the dalmatian, lol

LizBaker
09-16-15, 11:00 AM
After days of getting an army of Plantlers, I finally got my 1st 13-hr egg with Grassquatch and Hedgehog :)

HappyHeartBakery
09-16-15, 11:07 AM
Just put my station Dalmatian & captain k9 in the nest - got 17 hr timer. Fingers crossed it's the Saint Bernard & not the Aeril fool;).

Buttercup0001
09-16-15, 06:24 PM
I've had to put breeding the service trio on hold due to the storybook. I was fortunate enough to have breed the dalmation (several fails later), I had a few unsuccessful attempts at the K9. But as i said this trio is now on hold. Now another animal. IMO this is just way to much going on. The least S8 could do would be to let us buy another nest so that we can at least hatch the ever growing number of eggs in storage, but then there is another problem for some players (not me atm) if they do let us buy another nest is that these players do not have any room in their forests left. One big vicious circle. I know we love the updates, storybook, the tournaments and the battlegrounds but at times its overwhelming.

HappyHeartBakery
09-17-15, 07:43 AM
OMG - I've got the Saint Bernard on the nest!! 1st trio I've completed ever;). Now to give some tries for the new Lambi & 4 elements for a shot at housing a unicorn in my very empty gem habit.

Still need to hatch Armodillo for storybook - just put in straight element shot so it's either the Armodillo or the Lambi.

mraguia
09-18-15, 04:50 PM
I can't seem to breed any of the limited animals anymore. No matter how many attempts it ends in failure. Getting annoyed.

ninasidstorm8
09-20-15, 08:39 AM
After getting a Station Dalmation on my 22nd try and now that I have completed the Storybook Adventure, it is time to focus on breeding a Captain K9. My 7th try was part of the Storybook Adventure task of breeding an animal with a Fairy Ferret (which I bred with a Rock Rhino) and is a 13 hour timer. So I either reached my goal or more likely, bred a Rampage. We will see in a few hours.

Buttercup0001
09-20-15, 09:11 PM
Nothing but plantlers here. No K9 and my station dalmation is so lonely in its habitat.
Hopefully my luck will change soon.

littelprincess0313
09-20-15, 11:29 PM
Nothing but plantlers here. No K9 and my station dalmation is so lonely in its habitat.
Hopefully my luck will change soon.

For me, too. Since 10 days 2-3 times only planters. Come on Pleaaaaaase hes soooo cute :(

chippychan
09-21-15, 06:01 AM
I was lucky enough to get this on my main account but I'm still trying for this on my secondary account. The funny thing (in a not-funny sort of way) is that before this event I could not breed a Grassquatch on that account, but since trying for the K9 I've managed to breed 3 of them. :rolleyes:

So nothing but Grassquatches and TONS of Plantlers for me so far. Even when I threw Fairy Farret into the mix for the Story Book Adventure step I *still* got a Plantlers.

ninasidstorm8
09-21-15, 01:42 PM
It took 22 tries for the Station Dalmation and now on my 10th try for Captain K9 I have a 13 hour timer in the Breeding Den. Since I used a Pandaffodil and a Rock Rhino, it must be Captain K9. After the Plantlers in the Nest is complete, I'll probably speed it up a bit to the nest so that it can hatch overnight. Then it will be off to the Evolution Flower for a 14 hour stay. That should give my first shot at the Saintly Bernard in a little less than two days. Then I'll have about two days to breed it. Maybe 4 or 5 free attempts. It's a shame that after trying for the first two animals for more than 2 weeks, I now need to wait 40 hours (without speeding) to use actually use them to breed the Saintly Bernard . At least I will have a chance now.

The one good thing is that of those 32 tries, one Grassquatch duplicate was the only Super Rare that I bred. So maybe I am due for one.

Buttercup0001
09-21-15, 06:51 PM
So nothing but Grassquatches and TONS of Plantlers for me so far. Even when I threw Fairy Farret into the mix for the Story Book Adventure step I *still* got a Plantlers.

Thats a mirror image of my game. Out of 12 tries, using my Epic Panda and Epic Rock Rhino, 4 have been grassquatches, the rest plantlers. Even in the story book I breed a plantlers. Why is this goal, so hard to get??????? Grassquatches are SR and yet I can't seem to get a rare 13hr K9.

oo56
09-22-15, 04:11 PM
This animal is so frustrating! I hope I can at least get this one!:eek: I want to have at least 2 of the trio, because right now, chances for the Saintly Bernard are practically zero!:(

Buttercup0001
09-22-15, 06:33 PM
Successfully bred a K9 yay:). Bred it with Panda and Plantler.

ninasidstorm8
09-22-15, 06:46 PM
Successfully bred a K9 yay:). Bred it with Panda and Plantler.

Congrats. You are not going to have much time to get it to level 4 to breed the last one.

Buttercup0001
09-22-15, 06:59 PM
Congrats. You are not going to have much time to get it to level 4 to breed the last one.

Thanks :) I realised that and used gems to speed it along. Unfortunately my 1st attempt resulted in a 14hr fail. It keep trying, there is still a few days left in the quest.

kuppikahvia
09-23-15, 07:46 AM
Oww the irony, just got a chance to try again with earth/nature after a pretty long pause due to the Storybook-related breedings, and I got a 14hr count :( which is the worst result as I already have Grassquatch and Hedgehog :(

TokiChunsa
09-23-15, 08:02 AM
I got lucky two days ago when I got the Station Dalmatian the immediate got this right after the goal appeared. Of course it wasn't a back to back breeding success cuz I had a breeding right after the Dalmatian, but it was close. Hopefully the last puppy comes fast too.

chippychan
09-25-15, 04:33 AM
Had my last chance for this one this morning on my second account... no luck.

Congrats to all the luck ones! :)

kuppikahvia
09-25-15, 10:55 AM
6 mins to go... I'll throw in one last minute attempt :-p
K9 is worth a try :)

EDIT: and OMG, guess what, the THIRD 14hr-count in a couple of days :-(
What a shame, one week or more of constant trying and all I got was planters and a couple of Grassquatches (which I already had). No joy - these "rares" are more like supers, come on.

Well, so the K9 goes into the (fortunately short) list of those which I reaaaaally cared about and spent some gems trying for, one of the others being the Frankenswine (around 30 gems for speeding here and there, like in this case, still a very acceptable expense but still frustrating after SO many days).