PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update 9th-September-2015

Natasha_07
09-07-15, 11:57 AM
I didn't see any thread so I started one. :)

I think it will be goals.

Goal Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85378-Restaurant-Goals-9-9-15-New-York-City-Goals)

http://i58.tinypic.com/29vo5fn.jpg

Freebia
09-07-15, 12:54 PM
Goals? But it's still the School Goal Period!

meme1098
09-07-15, 02:10 PM
Goals are either the first or second Wednesday of the month so we are due goals Wednesday.

twospoons
09-08-15, 02:07 AM
Goals? But it's still the School Goal Period!

They often overlap, I made that mistake before too.

Crossing my fingers for pretty fall stuff! Apple picking was a good suggestion someone made.

deekathleen
09-08-15, 05:04 AM
Since lots of people want fall I imagine they will save whatever is most requested for a box. So if not a box it will probably be gran grans eye doctor appt.

LadyEna
09-08-15, 05:24 AM
LOL! Somehow I can see an Eye Chart on wall.

^Nah, Gran needs to go to the Nail Salon for a Mani & Pedi!
She's been gambling at the horse races, soooo anything goes!

CassieJo84
09-08-15, 09:00 AM
Hopeful that there will be a beautiful fall goal both in restaurant and bakery. :)

deekathleen
09-08-15, 09:09 AM
LOL! Somehow I can see an Eye Chart on wall.

^Nah, Gran needs to go to the Nail Salon for a Mani & Pedi!
She's been gambling at the horse races, soooo anything goes!

And in one update she was drinking in the keys....so gran gran goes to rehab.

Natasha_07
09-08-15, 09:57 AM
Gran Gran can be queen of the autumn festival.

CassieJo84
09-08-15, 02:04 PM
Blah. New York themed update. Crate in bakery. Disappointed again. :(

LalaSmooth
09-08-15, 02:08 PM
But new appliance!!!!

DragonWished
09-08-15, 02:14 PM
Hot Dogs and pretzels and a picnic in the park. Says summer to me, not fall and not September.

Anyone think the update might be a goal? Hard to tell from the picture.

lauraleighashby
09-08-15, 02:27 PM
Looks like a goal to me. New wallpaper and flooring. I don't recognize the chairs and tables either and new recipes. At least it doesn't look like another crate like in BS.

deekathleen
09-08-15, 02:29 PM
Is there a pic?

nastmei
09-08-15, 02:31 PM
Is there a pic?

http://36.media.tumblr.com/682da7906f4f2444d43e2722fadbcf43/tumblr_inline_nudlbtO8cn1qm7yoc_540.png

LadyEna
09-08-15, 02:45 PM
Looks like a small design & recolor change of the Modern Bistro Table.
I actually like the flooring.

myndisue
09-08-15, 03:08 PM
Trying hard not to be totally disappointed... Both here & BS.

jandtandn
09-08-15, 03:53 PM
I like it, but I'm from there, so... :) I would have liked to see some Autmn stuff.

Natasha_07
09-08-15, 03:57 PM
And once again Home Design Story gets a fall update! Nothing for BS or RS.

deekathleen
09-08-15, 04:00 PM
I like the wall paper,so it will probably be for gems lol

xxxe
09-08-15, 05:44 PM
I really like this update. I wish Lady Linerty and the Empire State Building were a little bit bigger but it's very cute. I can see using Lady Liberty next year for the 4th of July.

nic1967
09-08-15, 06:25 PM
I'm really happy about a NY themed update BUT they could've done SO MUCH MORE!!! NY is not only Lady Liberty & the Empire State Building. This update could've been great but as per TL's usual it's sadly lacking. Come on TL! Put some effort into SOMETHING besides taking our money!!!

deekathleen
09-08-15, 06:47 PM
Hot Dogs and pretzels and a picnic in the park. Says summer to me, not fall and not September.

I doubt it's a goal since bs is a box update.

twospoons
09-08-15, 09:44 PM
I agree with a lot of what others have said. I like that NYC is a theme, but feel like they could have done better with it. I like picnics, but would have rather had a NY-specific final prize since picnics can be anywhere (I'm going with it being goals, and them just untethering BS & RS this month--I always liked it better when goals didn't start the same week anyway). But it's not bad. I like it better than I originally liked last month's goals, even though I ended up using them a lot.

Of course my goals guess is based on the girl in the flowered dress and the little gate thing and the flower urn being from one of the flower boxes. If it is a box this week, and that flowery stuff is in the NYC box, that would just be really stupid. and super annoying.

Also, NYC theme deserved a good deal more diversity in the displays, S8. Kind of a lot of that here.

pixiegamer
09-08-15, 10:18 PM

Crossing my fingers for pretty fall stuff! Apple picking was a good suggestion someone made.

Looks like someone did go apple picking... and they picked the Big Apple! ;)

Eh? Eh?? ...I'll see myself out :p

Looks like a small design & recolor change of the Modern Bistro Table.
I actually like the flooring.

I thought that those were the sleek tables from the Rotisserie update (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79798-Restaurant-update-03-18-15) back in March! So happy to be proven wrong! :)

I really like this update. I wish Lady Linerty and the Empire State Building were a little bit bigger but it's very cute. I can see using Lady Liberty next year for the 4th of July.

I agree. I hope they scale the Statue of Liberty to at least a 2x2. She looks pretty tiny in the preview :(

I agree with a lot of what others have said. I like that NYC is a theme, but feel like they could have done better with it. I like picnics, but would have rather had a NY-specific final prize since picnics can be anywhere (I'm going with it being goals, and them just untethering BS & RS this month--I always liked it better when goals didn't start the same week anyway). But it's not bad. I like it better than I originally liked last month's goals, even though I ended up using them a lot.

Of course my goals guess is based on the girl in the flowered dress and the little gate thing and the flower urn being from one of the flower boxes. If it is a box this week, and that flowery stuff is in the NYC box, that would just be really stupid. and super annoying.

Also, NYC theme deserved a good deal more diversity in the displays, S8. Kind of a lot of that here.

Nah, that girlie and the thing by the hostess table were definitely in the Poppy Crate! So they probably won't be in the goals... I hope.

I agree the big display (final prize?) is kinda generic for an NYC theme though :/ It looks like it would fit right in with the prizes from the July goal set. Not that generic prizes are necessarily a bad thing, but it's a wee bit disappointing when the prizes that people can identify as relating to the theme (like the Empire State building and the Statue of Liberty) are much smaller :( Also agree with you about the diversity; maybe one of the artists can change it after the fact?

I also find the timing of a New York City-themed goal to be very odd, considering 9/11's anniversary is coming up... :( Maybe not insensitive, necessarily, but I have to wonder what the devs were thinking. :confused:

However, I rather like this update overall :) Already getting very inspired to redecorate! Just really really hoping the establishment prizes are bigger than they appear in the preview (and different skin tones for the picnickers if someone at S8 is reading).

deekathleen
09-08-15, 10:38 PM
http://36.media.tumblr.com/682da7906f4f2444d43e2722fadbcf43/tumblr_inline_nudlbtO8cn1qm7yoc_540.png

deekathleen
09-08-15, 10:40 PM
The tables look like girders sort of.

twospoons
09-09-15, 01:12 AM
Looks like someone did go apple picking... and they picked the Big Apple! ;)

I snickered. (Didn't want you to feel lonely there in bad-sense-of-humor-ville.)

Bakerling
09-09-15, 01:42 AM

Empire Statue look nice. Can consider to buy.

Bakerling
09-09-15, 01:57 AM

Look at the Cinnamon Pretzel. It just look like the Pretzel in the BAVARIAN Oven in Bakery Story

23599 this BAVARIAN Oven is available on July in Bakery Story

Torkulon
09-09-15, 02:40 AM

I was sure that's a goal, cause I thought that one oven is for pretzels and other for hot dogs. But maybe both pretzels and hot dogs come from the same oven.

deekathleen
09-09-15, 05:16 AM
I guess I will put my very limited fall items back away and drag summer back out. It's like 90 degrees here this week anyway lol

lynniefish
09-09-15, 06:03 AM
Um, did anyone else wince at the copy accompanying the update graphic? Because not only is Gran-Gran missing, so is some other grammar. (Exiting quickly behind Pixiegamer...)

Freebia
09-09-15, 08:18 AM
Oh...I've been playing RS since May...
Maybe I've always finished the goal before next goal started these several months~
But this time, I'm still working on the goal...
My god...Don't know if I can finish it on time...And new goal is coming...My god...My god...

And it seems that you guys like Hot Dogs and Pretzels so much...?
We already have so many different Hot Dogs and Pretzels...on different Stoves/Ovens...
Anyone agrees?

Dilligaf37224
09-09-15, 08:25 AM
Is this going to be a goal?

deekathleen
09-09-15, 08:39 AM
Is this going to be a goal?

We won't know for sure for a few more hours.

lauraleighashby
09-09-15, 09:25 AM
There do seem to be a lot of hot dog and pretzel recipes. Not changing my school decor til next month, so at least these recipes fit in.

nic1967
09-09-15, 10:45 AM
I'm also upset that TL chose to do a NY theme THIS week of all weeks but did nothing at all for 9/11. They couldn't have done the Trade center rather than the Statue of Liberty? So much for "Never forget". TL has already forgotten.

LalaSmooth
09-09-15, 11:04 AM
This update is strangely late...... I hope it's not a new version

Sb1957
09-09-15, 11:07 AM
The update in BS has arrived in time .........

DragonWished
09-09-15, 11:08 AM
I agree. I lost 2 coworkers on 9/11. A replica of the WTC memorial would have been welcome since the update is being released near the anniversary date. Swing and a miss, S8.

NYC has so many diverse elements... hot dogs and pretzels just don't come to mind first.

I'm also upset that TL chose to do a NY theme THIS week of all weeks but did nothing at all for 9/11. They couldn't have done the Trade center rather than the Statue of Liberty? So much for "Never forget". TL has already forgotten.

LalaSmooth
09-09-15, 11:09 AM
Has anyone got this update yet?!?!?

DragonWished
09-09-15, 11:09 AM
Maybe they're running a quality check. ;)

keio_b
09-09-15, 11:10 AM

Yes, it'll probably be 2hrs late, just like the notifications bug we are still dealing with...

Natasha_07
09-09-15, 11:11 AM
Has anyone got this update yet?!?!?

Nothing.

Natasha_07
09-09-15, 11:14 AM
Yes, it'll probably be 2hrs late, just like the notifications bug we are still dealing with...

Don't even mention notification bug, I'm still mad they merged my thread with something that didn't have to do with mine.

& still having lack of notifications on story games.

rita6834
09-09-15, 11:15 AM

Would they do that to us Android users, especially since it could be a goal?

LalaSmooth
09-09-15, 11:18 AM
Would they do that to us Android users, especially since it could be a goal? there would be two appliances if it was a goal and I can only see one

keio_b
09-09-15, 11:18 AM
Would they do that to us Android users, especially since it could be a goal?

No. It's not even available yet on the Amazon version...

dianeupside
09-09-15, 11:20 AM
I thought it was jus me in getting late notifications..... guess not.
I'm thinking new version too, hope not.

rita6834
09-09-15, 11:20 AM
No. It's not even available yet on the Amazon version...

Okay thank you☺

LalaSmooth
09-09-15, 11:26 AM
Why are we waiting.........

keio_b
09-09-15, 11:30 AM
Why are we waiting.........

The intern @ S8 forgot to hit the 'enter' key. They're on lunch now...

nic1967
09-09-15, 11:32 AM
I agree. I lost 2 coworkers on 9/11. A replica of the WTC memorial would have been welcome since the update is being released near the anniversary date. Swing and a miss, S8.

NYC has so many diverse elements... hot dogs and pretzels just don't come to mind first.

I'm sorry to hear that. My husband is a firefighter on Long Island. Many of the volunteers are also FDNY so we knew so many of the lost. I know how you feel. I STILL feel that day.
There is so much diversity & so many exciting things in NY. This update is not even close. What about Broadway? The world-class museums? The Metropolitan Opera House? ....TL missed so much of what NY truly is.

nic1967
09-09-15, 11:33 AM
Yes, I'm a New Yorker....can you tell? lol

nic1967
09-09-15, 11:34 AM
The intern @ S8 forgot to hit the 'enter' key. They're on lunch now...

Seriously? Or are you kidding? I'm not sure. Lol

keio_b
09-09-15, 11:35 AM
OK, I got the goal!!!

LalaSmooth
09-09-15, 11:37 AM
OK, I got the goal!!!
What?!?!?!?!? its goals?!?!?!?

aiyoosha
09-09-15, 11:38 AM
OK, I got the goal!!!

wat goal??? really? imagocheck

keio_b
What?!?!?!?!? its goals?!?!?!?

Oh yes :) 29 days to complete. Have fun every1

Natasha_07
Start spreading the news goal is here ! :cool:

How appropriate is that song, I liked it in Madagascar. LOL!

aiyoosha
09-09-15, 11:39 AM
yes people its a goal!

man this hot dog oven is huge!

lenasdinner
09-09-15, 11:40 AM
Is this update on yet or what....there is nothing on my game jet....

LalaSmooth
09-09-15, 11:42 AM
Is this update on yet or what....there is nothing on my game jet....

Yes it's goals. Appliances are 2x1 which I hate!!!!

LalaSmooth
09-09-15, 11:43 AM
yes people its a goal!

man this hot dog oven is huge!
I hate the fact both appliances are 2x1 each!!

orleansparish
09-09-15, 11:44 AM

And if they HAD done this players would have been complaining, saying its insensitive, just as they did when they DID release an innocent airplane/airport related display the week of 9/11. I'm from New Orleans and escaped during Katrina and I don't fuss when someone doesn't give me something with water every August.

Bad life is bad life. I don't want to be reminded of something horrible when I'm playing a game to get away from the mess of real life. I'd be the first to heckle them, but they can't win, no matter what they do.

aiyoosha
09-09-15, 11:45 AM
I hate the fact both appliances are 2x1 each!!

oh me too i had to clear 4 ovens just to fit 2 lol grr but i do like the way they look built it has a little catsup n mustard compartments :o

i need more active neighbors i only got 6 of those sauce thingys lol

meme1098
09-09-15, 11:46 AM
A huge appliance that I can't seem to rotate no matter how open the area around it is. Hopefully, when built I can rotate it. I had 2X1 appliances with a vengeance.

orleansparish
09-09-15, 11:46 AM
Aww man, I can't fit these appliances anywhere. I figured it would be goals because one had normal food and another dessert. I don't really like the dedor so I may just do what's basic to unlock the recipes and go back to cooking for gems. Especially if the food has low yield again.

orleansparish
09-09-15, 11:48 AM
oh me too i had to clear 4 ovens just to fit 2 lol grr but i do like the way they look built it has a little catsup n mustard compartments :o

I'll send you one. We're neighbors on fashion. 2x1 appliances are a pest. I got rid of them on bakery as soon as I got the first gem.

nic1967
09-09-15, 11:49 AM

I'm not an overly active neighbor but I do send parts for any new appliances. If you want I'll add you. I didn't get any new parts yet!

DragonWished
Nope! Maybe if I heard you say it with a Queens accent... :-D

I grew up in MA and live in NH now AND associate all the things you mentioned with NYC. NYC is big and beautiful, brassy and classy. And this update caught none of that.

And now, I'm off to buy a hot dog stand.

Yes, I'm a New Yorker....can you tell? lol

LalaSmooth
It sucks that I have to remove things just to place the ovens! Grrrr

nic1967
09-09-15, 11:50 AM
I'm not an overly active neighbor but I do send parts for any new appliances. If you want I'll add you. I didn't get any new parts yet!

Don't add the nic1967 ID. it's not my ID on the games anymore. Only here. I can't change it here for some reason.

nic1967
09-09-15, 11:51 AM
Nope! Maybe if I heard you say it with a Queens accent... :-D

I grew up in MA and live in NH now AND associate all the things you mentioned with NYC. NYC is big and beautiful, brassy and classy. And this update caught none of that.

And now, I'm off to buy a hot dog stand.

I'm told I definitely have a NY accent. Lol....bold, brash, beautiful. Definitely. I agree. That & more. ....Expensive. Very! Lol

DragonWished
09-09-15, 11:53 AM
Yeah, they rotate after they're built. Found that out with the dim sum ovens on bakery last week.

A huge appliance that I can't seem to rotate no matter how open the area around it is. Hopefully, when built I can rotate it. I had 2X1 appliances with a vengeance.

aiyoosha
09-09-15, 11:54 AM
I'll send you one. We're neighbors on fashion. 2x1 appliances are a pest. I got rid of them on bakery as soon as I got the first gem.

thx accepted!

they are huge i hate them so much no room at all anywhere i cant even rotate its so huge.

meme1098
09-09-15, 11:55 AM
Other than the sauce bottle, the other 2 parts don't make any sense. What's the long handled mallet or the press have to do with making hot dogs :confused:

LalaSmooth
09-09-15, 12:01 PM
whoever wants to add me as a neighbour then go ahead

aiyoosha
09-09-15, 12:01 PM

u can add me my id is same as here :aiyoosha

Natasha_07
09-09-15, 12:04 PM
I don't like 2x1 appliances.

When I think of NY, first thing that comes to mind is Manhattan also empire state building, statue of liberty, times square, central park, Brooklyn Bridge, wall street, UN HQ and so much more.

As for the holidays I can't help to think of Rockefeller center and ice rink, Macy's.

As a matter of fact, right now I'm wearing an NYC jersey, LOL!

marylou15
09-09-15, 12:32 PM
Why would they give us another hot dog goal? We just had one, are they running out of ideas already?

LalaSmooth
09-09-15, 12:43 PM
Why would they give us another hot dog goal? We just had one, are they running out of ideas already?

I guess Hotdogs are popular in New York??

madakee
09-09-15, 01:11 PM
ok seriously tired of mallets. Wasn't there a time when a variety of items were used to make stoves?

KennedyRomanov
09-09-15, 01:16 PM
I really like the theme. I know some people have commented wondering why they didn't feature the twin towers. I'm sure if they did plenty of people would feel it was inappropriate or tacky so to avoid pushing any buttons they made it a simple celebration of New York theme which I think was a really nice idea.

lauraleighashby
09-09-15, 01:49 PM
I really like the theme. I know some people have commented wondering why they didn't feature the twin towers. I'm sure if they did plenty of people would feel it was inappropriate or tacky so to avoid pushing any buttons they made it a simple celebration of New York theme which I think was a really nice idea.

I agree...maybe this is their tribute but just trying to keep it fun...or highlighting that which still stands and that life has gone on regardless of someone trying to shut us down. I do believe that this is not the place (the game itself) to directly address 9/11 but think they did so indirectly.

Also not a fan of the large appliances. And yes, they could have caught more of the diversity of NYC, but overall I like the update.

DLL137
09-09-15, 02:24 PM
Maybe this is in honour of 9/11 just not in such an in your face way..thats how I took it..I was 16 when that day happened. I'm Canadian and I watched as the whole world stopped that day and we will never forget. IMO it would be in extremely bad taste for them to do a blatant WTC memorial. That day is still so raw and painful for many and frankly, I've been irked at the AMERICAN movies coming out on Friday as well as AMERICAN fall shows premiering on that day like Z nation. That day haunts most. I suppose "they're" trying to lessen that, it has been over a decade but man I can't lie it is still so raw and painful even to me who only had a 6 degrees of separation connection to the event...the principal of our 500 kid highschool had a son working in the main WTC buildings, he had ended up being late that day..I've got goosebumps and am getting teary just thinking about that...I couldn't imagine how it must be for the people who lost friends and family as well as those who tried to save them...I can't imagine how they feel not just on 9/11 but everyday...RIP has always seemed so hollow for the remorse and sadness I feel for that moment

jandtandn
09-09-15, 02:49 PM
I'm really happy about a NY themed update BUT they could've done SO MUCH MORE!!! NY is not only Lady Liberty & the Empire State Building. This update could've been great but as per TL's usual it's sadly lacking. Come on TL! Put some effort into SOMETHING besides taking our money!!!

Hey, fellow NYer! There's that gem fountain in BS that looks like it's based off of the Unisphere. I do wish they would have done something else and definitely agree that diversity would have been much appreciated. I was a little surprised.

Hot dogs (again) and pretzels (we already have a recipe for that) aren't what I would have had in mind, either.

rocketsmama
09-09-15, 02:55 PM
Not overly impressed with this goal. It's lacking to me. But it sure beats BS.

StevesAllNightDiner
09-09-15, 05:38 PM

I agree with you there. We just had 3 different hot dogs on a tray two months ago I believe, maybe three. Sounds like they ARE running out of food ideas! Is that possible? lol.

sgoetzinger99
09-09-15, 05:42 PM
Don't add the nic1967 ID. it's not my ID on the games anymore. Only here. I can't change it here for some reason.

Hey, Nic, I sent you a new part! And what's the second step in this goal? (stephanie)

lsm830
09-09-15, 05:52 PM
I agree. It's a game to escape. Have fun!

spydre1
09-09-15, 06:18 PM

You can always log in with the new ID you created for the games. This is my third time through, so my third S8 ID. You check them out, um, spydre, addspydre, and spydre1. All IDs are still on here. But spydre1 is the account I'm playing with now - one has been inactive for about a year and a half, the other has been active for about six months.

spydre1
09-09-15, 06:21 PM
ok seriously tired of mallets. Wasn't there a time when a variety of items were used to make stoves?

Yeah, I'm SERIOUSLY tired of them re-using previous goal parts. Up until recently, I could stop taking goal parts once I'd achieved the goal. Now I have to keep taking them and taking them and taking them, never knowing how many months it's going to be (or how many surprise appliances) before they stop using them.

meme1098
09-09-15, 06:42 PM
I don't understand what you need a mallet for in making hot dogs? Hit the swine over the head with it to get the pork??!! Same with the press. How is that used in the making of hot dogs or a hot dog stand? Actually a pot for the icky water the hot dogs are boiled in would make more sense.

Bakerling
09-09-15, 09:07 PM
Same decorations as in the Bakery Story Big City Box

23623 Empire Statue in Restaurant Story is the same as Empire State Light in Bakery Story Big City Box.
Lady Liberty in Restaurant Story is similar to the Statue of Liberty in Bakery Story Big City Box

keio_b
09-10-15, 05:57 AM
Same decorations as in the Bakery Story Big City Box

23623 Empire Statue in Restaurant Story is the same as Empire State Light in Bakery Story Big City Box.
Lady Liberty in Restaurant Story is similar to the Statue of Liberty in Bakery Story Big City Box

So I need to ask myself why am I playing both RS and BS. Well, to create different designs with different content... as they really are the same game otherwise. So the answer would have to be, play only 1 of the games if they are identical. I will save money by buying gems in only 1 story, not both. Brilliant move S8, further antagonize and create dissent with your long term paying customers.

HappyHeartBakery
09-10-15, 06:19 AM
Anyone get to 2nd appl yet? Do we know what parts it needs?

I miss the 'goal steps' post:(

HappyHeartBakery
09-10-15, 06:24 AM
After buying 1st oven & making 1 hour hot dogs here whats next:

We're Leaving Today!

Have 4 Modern Steel tables (skip 8 gems)
Have 4 Modern Steel Chairs (skip 8 gems)
Serve 10 Chili Cheese Dogs (skip 20 gems) - 2 hr recipe

Rewards: 2500 coin & 55 stars

melindag1976
09-10-15, 06:35 AM
CAUTION! Before you can unlock the last recipe on the HOT DOG STAND appliance you have to ask 6 neighbors for hats! Just an FYI...

Here's another juicy bit..before you can unlock the second appliance you need to ask 10 neighbors for maps.. I used up all my requests today! 6 for hats, 14 for parts..womp womp..

deekathleen
09-10-15, 07:41 AM
I'm still trying to build the first appliance
Lol

lauraleighashby
09-10-15, 09:04 AM
I thought I had seen these in BS in peoples' bakeries but thought they had been from a previous goal. Am happy to have them available here then without taking a risk on a box.

deekathleen
09-10-15, 09:15 AM
Are the girl and the flowers from a box and not goal items?

biscuitsndavey
09-10-15, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know what parts are needed for the SECOND appliance in this goal?

sgoetzinger99
09-10-15, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know what parts are needed for the SECOND appliance in this goal?

Pretzel stand: 5 each steel, brass diverters, and mallets.

LalaSmooth
09-10-15, 11:43 AM
Before you can have the 2nd appliance. You need to ask neighbours for 10 city maps.

melindag1976
09-10-15, 03:50 PM
Can anyone share the details of the tasks we need to accomplish once you build the second appliance? Anyone, anyone? Do we need to ask our nbrs for anything?

LalaSmooth
09-10-15, 04:54 PM
Can anyone share the details of the tasks we need to accomplish once you build the second appliance? Anyone, anyone? Do we need to ask our nbrs for anything?

just before you unlock the 2nd appliance. You need to ask your neighbors for 10 city maps

meme1098
09-10-15, 05:05 PM
Well, the 2nd appliance is waaaay down the line in the design tab. It wasn't placed in the 2nd slot next to the first appliance.
I guess S8 hasn't learned a thing about appliance placement since the last fiasco when players couldn't find the new one. Numerous posts complaining they couldn't find it since it wasn't in the front where it's so easy to find. I think it was the cafeteria oven.

angelmama24
09-10-15, 08:23 PM
Pretzel stand: 5 each steel, brass diverters, and mallets.

Yay, thank you. Now I know what to gift tomorrow.

awesomejujubeans
09-11-15, 07:10 AM
I'm from Pittsburgh and can't help but chuckle at giving NY items a 'Steel City' moniker. I can see how they were trying to make it reflect construction and skyscrapers, but it's "steel" funny to me. ;)

lauraleighashby
09-11-15, 10:27 AM
Are they doing away with the old basic parts altogether for new appliances? Seems everything now requires stove elementz, mallets, diverters, etc.

LalaSmooth
09-11-15, 11:30 PM
This goal is quite easy :)

deekathleen
09-12-15, 05:47 AM
I'm stuck at needing one more map grrrr

LalaSmooth
09-12-15, 07:48 AM
I'm stuck at needing one more map grrrr
send me an invite and send me one

deekathleen
09-12-15, 11:40 AM
send me an invite and send me one

I finally got one lol. Now I'm stuck on malletts. I think you are already one of my neighbors :)
But thank you :)

PepperWoo
09-13-15, 07:28 AM
Final goal prize :o This one's free but it costs 40 gems if you wish to buy another.

http://i.imgur.com/R0eclY4.jpg

oo56
09-13-15, 11:20 AM
Could someone please post images of the recipes on both appliances? I would like to see them!;)

aiyoosha
09-13-15, 02:00 PM
im done with this goal it was quiet easy tbh,, tho i will never use the prizes.

deekathleen
09-13-15, 02:15 PM
im done with this goal it was quiet easy tbh,, tho i will never use the prizes.

Aw, I think they are cute. I like this better than the school goal.

aiyoosha
09-13-15, 02:21 PM
Aw, I think they are cute. I like this better than the school goal.

yeh it is cute this time but my restaurant is asian themed so this wouldnt look so good imo lol

LalaSmooth
09-14-15, 02:04 AM
yeh it is cute this time but my restaurant is asian themed so this wouldnt look so good imo lol

yep and mine is autumn themed and it definitely wouldn't go in my restaurant until summer/spring

deekathleen
09-14-15, 06:41 AM

That is true. I have a Hodge podge mish mash lol, it probably won't stay out long in mine either, I usually get bored with stuff in mine after about a month or so and I'm sitting here being cold so summer stuff is getting old.

deekathleen
09-14-15, 06:42 AM
yep and mine is autumn themed and it definitely wouldn't go in my restaurant until summer/spring

I wish I had enough fall stuff to do mine, why did they have to retire all the fall stuff?? *sad*

LalaSmooth
09-14-15, 06:52 AM
I wish I had enough fall stuff to do mine, why did they have to retire all the fall stuff?? *sad*

are you an android user??

deekathleen
09-14-15, 06:53 AM

Yes android

aiyoosha
09-14-15, 08:32 PM
i never ever put out any goal items never not even in BS i dont even know why i do goals i never like the prizes

deekathleen
09-15-15, 04:00 AM

LalaSmooth
09-15-15, 08:52 AM

did you install the app?

deekathleen
09-15-15, 11:01 AM
did you install the app?

No not yet.I will check it out later tonight :)

alicee11
09-15-15, 11:57 AM
Where are those Flowers next to cashier? Is it a pary of the goal? I don't have them?!

lavanyadhir
09-15-15, 01:28 PM
a guy is lying down in picnic final prize . that is so natural. i like that thinking of design developer. :-)

pipipooh1977
09-16-15, 05:34 AM
I thought this update could have been better! I really don't need another picnic themed decoration, what would have made this theme better and more unique is if the developers focused on what NYC is known for, skycrapers. Yes we got the Empire State building but it's tiny, I would love to have gotten one the size of that Eiffel Tower that's in the store. Plus NYC is known for Cabs and the Subway. Could have went that direction too. Like in BS when we had that Subway theme. We have too much of those garden/picnic themed decorations, let's move on to something else. Even if they did a Central Park themed decor they could have made Skyscrapers in the background, maybe put the big lake in the middle with a bridge going over it, or a park bench along the way. But peeps having a picnic under a tree has been done over and over....move on!

caroleliz1963
09-17-15, 12:54 PM
I am on android and when my pretzel oven is built it becomes invisible. Is this a problem for anyone else? I have restarted my tablet a few times but is just the same