PDA

View Full Version : iPad users - any suggestions re stuck notification?

DeeDe99
09-06-15, 10:02 PM
Hi All,

I have successfully transferred from Android to iPad with just one small, odd glitch. If you have a look at the attached screen grab, there is a "Ready" notification icon stuck on my path. It is inactive and not related to the Spell Shop behind it (which as you can see had over 3 hours to run). I've closed and re-opened the Dragon Story app, I've closed the app again then restarted the device, then re-opened the app yet still the icon is stuck there. Very annoying it is.

Has anyone else experienced similar, and if so, how did you fix it?

Many thanks in advance.

Oh and it takes a minute or so to pop up. It disappears if I do something then comes right back.

DeeDe99
09-08-15, 02:05 AM
OK, so this is getting annoying. In the process of clearing more land, I decided maybe I could move the rotten thing out of the way - and then I ended up with TWO of these icons when I "replaced" the moved stone. They take over a minute to show up when I first load the app, but then won't go away.

No response from support yet. I'm thinking of deleting the app and re-installing.

Thoughts on that strategy? Safe?

Anaboe
09-08-15, 06:44 AM
It sure is save to do that: all progress is stored on the servers, I've done that myself a couple of times. I'd try that one if I were you. Note that you need tot uninstall all TeamLava/Storm8 games, not just Dragon Story.

DeeDe99
09-08-15, 10:23 AM
Thank you Anaboe. I uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. Which means it is in the data somewhere. Darn it.

[S8] Elsa
09-08-15, 10:35 AM
Please restart your game. Should be sorted now. ^_^

DeeDe99
09-08-15, 01:00 PM
Elsa;1170410']Please restart your game. Should be sorted now. ^_^

Thank you Elsa! It certainly seems to be fixed! Great work! Am I allowed to ask what caused it? I'm just curious, many years in IT myself!

[S8] Elsa
09-08-15, 01:13 PM
Thank you Elsa! It certainly seems to be fixed! Great work! Am I allowed to ask what caused it? I'm just curious, many years in IT myself!

You somehow had sparkles in a plot that wasn't meant to sparkle, so it showed the checkmark. ^_^

DeeDe99
09-08-15, 01:21 PM
Elsa;1170523']You somehow had sparkles in a plot that wasn't meant to sparkle, so it showed the checkmark. ^_^

The operative word being "somehow"! Guess it was a Comms timeout during an update to the DB at some point. Thanks for finding it!