PDA

View Full Version : Fishing pond

momos2013
09-06-15, 11:47 AM
Ok please can someone explain to how catching a bass from the pond works. Cause all I ever catch is a dozen catfish and a dozen anchovys! Out of 6 deliveries due I can only complete 2. The rest need bass fish. I don't want to buy any cause I'm trying to save up enough for more animals and a feed mill. Plus what else our goals are. It's frustarating and I'm losing interest. 2weeks now I've been messing with this pond. Help.

ciarjen
09-06-15, 12:01 PM
Ok please can someone explain to how catching a bass from the pond works. Cause all I ever catch is a dozen catfish and a dozen anchovys! Out of 6 deliveries due I can only complete 2. The rest need bass fish. I don't want to buy any cause I'm trying to save up enough for more animals and a feed mill. Plus what else our goals are. It's frustarating and I'm losing interest. 2weeks now I've been messing with this pond. Help.

Bass are a random drop, rarer than catfish and anchovies.

I used 50 bait the other week and did not get one single bass. At other times they drop more frequently. It's random like a lot of things in this game.

There is more chance of a bass with the anchovy bait and spicy bait.

If it is plane deliveries you want to fulfill I suggest you just discard them if you don't have the bass.

If it is a train delivery you want to do, then I would suggest always keeping 6 bass in your barn. This is what I do as I can't guarantee that they will be available when needed.

momos2013
09-06-15, 04:22 PM
Alright. I haven't gotten the balloon or train one yet. Thank you for your response. ��

Rin2010
09-23-15, 03:57 PM
So there are mentions of different types of bait. Currently I'm only able to craft 1 type, it has an orange ball on the hook. (I get no names, just pictures of objects in game.) But when I go to fish I see there are 2 types you can fish with. The little orange ball on a hook and this gold colored one. How do I craft this second type? Why would I get an option to fish with it if I'm not able to craft it? Thanks.

Bakerling
10-07-15, 08:14 AM
I try to use spicy bait and most of the time I can get bass. Good try.

Rynetory2
10-11-15, 03:52 AM
So there are mentions of different types of bait. Currently I'm only able to craft 1 type, it has an orange ball on the hook. (I get no names, just pictures of objects in game.) But when I go to fish I see there are 2 types you can fish with. The little orange ball on a hook and this gold colored one. How do I craft this second type? Why would I get an option to fish with it if I'm not able to craft it? Thanks.

Is the gold colour bait like the one in this picture? If yes, that's the Golden Lure bait. No you can't craft it. You can buy and fish with it. That's why you have that in the option to fish but no option to craft.

Rin2010
10-11-15, 12:29 PM
Thanks, I was wondering. Is this the lure to catch the types of fish besides anchovy, bass and catfish? These are the only three so far that I'm able to catch with dough or anchovy lures. I have orders in the market for what looks like Tuna and Salmon. Is there a list posted of different types of fish in the game and tips on how to catch them?

Rynetory2
10-11-15, 07:15 PM
Thanks, I was wondering. Is this the lure to catch the types of fish besides anchovy, bass and catfish? These are the only three so far that I'm able to catch with dough or anchovy lures. I have orders in the market for what looks like Tuna and Salmon. Is there a list posted of different types of fish in the game and tips on how to catch them?

What type of fish you can catch and what bait you have are dependent on your level. There are 5 types of fish, namely anchovy, bass, catfish, salmon and tuna. The following is what I usually get when I use that particular bait. I get a better fish if I'm lucky but the list will show the usual norms.

Dough bait - anchovy.
Fish bait, spicy bait - catfish, bass.
Fancy bait (golden lure baits) - tuna, salmon.

If you don't have fancy bait, use the best bait you are able to make and try for tuna and salmon. btw did your deliveries ask you for tuna and salmon? If it did, then you know for sure these fish are available to your level.

PookieBear50
10-11-15, 09:31 PM
I would just add two things. First, that although generally the rule is the better the bait, the rarer the fish you catch, it doesn't always work that way. I have caught bass and catfish with dough baits, and anchovies with spicy baits. Once or twice, I have even managed to catch tuna or salmon with the fancy baits, but always from the fishing hot spots. Also, I have caught bass, catfish, and even anchovies with the fancy baits. You might also catch expansion parts like bricks, paint, nails, screws, wood, and hammers. During special events (if they don't involve a special bait), you may also catch event items.

Second, when you go to the fishing pond, don't try to catch bass. This is all totally psychological and there is no logic to it, but when you fish, don't start fishing with the hope of catching a specific type of fish. Convince yourself that you want to catch something else and that you have a good use for it. For example, on one occasion, I needed to catch anchovies and started fishing with the dough baits, but all I pulled in with 6 dough baits were 5 catfish and one bass. On another occasion, I needed a bass and used the spicy bait, but instead I got an anchovy. However, now, if I know I need catfish, even if I'm using the dough bait, I tell myself, "okay, I want anchovies so I can make more fancy baits and a couple of pizzas." Using 4 dough baits, I almost always successfully bring in at least one catfish. It's screwy and it makes no sense, but somehow it works.

dmaertens
11-04-15, 01:33 PM
Quick question...going back to the Golden Lure Bait...there must be an option somewhere to craft them because I always buy them when I see them in the shop and someone had to make them to sell them...so here is my question: how do you craft them? I can't see just buying them from the craft shop for 70 gems everytime, so there must be some way eventually to craft them. I am wondering if you need to be at a special level or have a special shop to make them in. Any thoughts? Thanks.

PookieBear50
11-04-15, 02:12 PM
Quick question...going back to the Golden Lure Bait...there must be an option somewhere to craft them because I always buy them when I see them in the shop and someone had to make them to sell them...so here is my question: how do you craft them? I can't see just buying them from the craft shop for 70 gems everytime, so there must be some way eventually to craft them. I am wondering if you need to be at a special level or have a special shop to make them in. Any thoughts? Thanks.

There is no option to craft them. They are received as prizes. If someone is selling them, it is because they received the Golden Lure Baits during an event. For example, in the Halloween event that just ended on iOS, we were able to win Golden Lure Baits from (I believe) both the silver and gold machines.

dmaertens
11-04-15, 03:35 PM
What silver and gold machines? Guess I am not far enough into the game to know what that is. Can you explain? I will definitely watch for further changes to win those lures.

PookieBear50
11-04-15, 03:37 PM
What silver and gold machines? Guess I am not far enough into the game to know what that is. Can you explain? I will definitely watch for further changes to win those lures.

It was part of the last event that ended yesterday. See this thread - Halloween Spooktacular Event - Oct 15 2015 (iOS only) - for details.

dmaertens
11-04-15, 03:48 PM
Thanks. Will watch for that in the future. Always wondered where they came from. :)

lydiahin
03-19-16, 05:27 AM
I am level 16 and have the problem with catching the same fish as well. My orders need to filled with tuna and salmon but I never catch these. When I craft the bate I only have 1 option, the regular bate, when I fish I get the option for a rainbow lure, guess you need to buy it? It is frustrating, have been fishing for a week and rarely can fill an order because most orders include salmon or tuna

Rynetory2
03-19-16, 07:07 AM
i dont think you should be seeing salmon and tuna orders at level 16. I'm checking on this. You may want to discard these deliveries in the mean time, if you wish. Thanks for letting us know. Will post an update once I get confirmation.

freesstorm
03-19-16, 04:22 PM
how does one get the fancy bait? Id trade bass for that any day!

Rynetory2
03-20-16, 05:12 AM
You can craft the fancy bait at the Bait Shop if you are level 35 and above.

CraftMaterialDurationLevel
Fancy bait 1 wax + 2 wool + 2 flax + 2 anchovy 4 hr 35

Rynetory2
03-28-16, 11:17 PM
I am level 16 and have the problem with catching the same fish as well. My orders need to filled with tuna and salmon but I never catch these. When I craft the bate I only have 1 option, the regular bate, when I fish I get the option for a rainbow lure, guess you need to buy it? It is frustrating, have been fishing for a week and rarely can fill an order because most orders include salmon or tuna

Sorry to have kept you waiting. I stand corrected on this. The team has confirmed that you may get salmon and tuna orders as the golden lure is available to all players from level 16 onwards. We cant craft golden lure but Stormie may occasionally sell it so be sure to check daily. Personally I feel it's faster to discard these orders. Sorry about this though. I'll pass along your feedback to the team. Thanks.

Resa2016
04-21-16, 12:11 PM
I've only been fishing for a few days. When I went to the fishing pond yesterday it showed 2 different bait I could use. However I only made the basic one so therefore I tried to make the new bait in the bait shop but it not showing options to make but only one bait type. Please help I'm losing interest
Lvl 16

SparklyOctopus
04-21-16, 12:42 PM
Hey there! You're seeing the Golden Lure. This bait cannot be crafted. It can only be purchased by Gems. As you level up, you will be able to unlock more crafts for different baits like the Spicy Bait. Please look forward to these new crafts! :)

Cammicane
05-02-16, 04:38 PM
Hey everyone! I had a quick question about fishing that I was hoping some of you could answer. Ever since I was able to fish, I have deliveries that require tuna and salmon. Currently, all of my deliveries either tonight or salmon to complete. I've been fishing in the pond with the Toby's, but can never seem to catch tuna or salmon. Mostly anchovies, but sometimes I get catfish or bass. I'm level 14 currently, and only have access to do Bates. Is there a special method to catching the salmon and tuna? I would really like to be able to complete some deliveries so I can make some more money and get the experience required to level up. Thanks!

Rynetory2
05-02-16, 05:00 PM
You can see the best bait to use in Fishing Pond (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88922-Farm-Story-2-Farm-Activities-and-Features-Guide&p=1247856&viewfull=1#post1247856) but those baits aren't available at your current level. You can use the Golden Lure if you have, purchase the fish from neighbours or newspapers, or discard these deliveries.

Merged threads.

Cowgirlnuprb
05-14-16, 06:34 PM
When I have clicked on the Golden Bait before, it has said to either purchase or make them in the bait shop. So I am guessing you can make them when you reach a certain level. Like I was only able to use the dough bait until I reached a certain level and then I was able to make the fish bait. They truly need to make the golden ones a little more accessible for us. People have said on here that they have caught the rare fish using the other bait but I never have, I have had to buy the golden bait to do so. Even if they made the price (coins not gems) a higher price or had to use more resources to make them so they weren't easy to make, that would be fine. There just needs to be an easier option than buying them for 70 gems or hoping someone is selling them in the store. People are going to get discouraged and not want to play because it costs so much money in order to get things you need.

Rynetory2
05-14-16, 06:43 PM
I did check with the team and unfortunately the craft caption for Golden Lure is incorrect. We are not be able to craft it. I check Stormie's shop daily to see if there's a Golden Lure and found one yesterday. You may want to try that. Sometimes we can win them from certain events. See Bait Shop (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Building-Guide&p=1247791&viewfull=1#post1247791) for more information on the various baits.

Petraneke
07-31-16, 04:14 PM
Is there any tricks to fishing? I get the same 2 fish every time!

syncler78
07-31-16, 05:07 PM
Use different baits to get different fish:
Dough bait gets anchovies
Anchovy bait gets catfish
Spicy bait gets bass
Golden lure gets random multiple fish
Flax bait (not sure of actual name but uses flax and takes 4 hours to craft) gets tuna or salmon

Note: it isn't guaranteed that you will get the fish listed here. For example, you may get anchovies with an anchovy bait, but the above list is what you should generally expect to get. Also, try aiming for the "hot spots". If you see fish circling a spot in the pond, drop your bait there. It tends to get a better fish or multiple fish.

sweetgarden7
10-26-16, 12:14 AM
Ok I need to know where to,get this fish from and what is it called

It keeps coming up on my market and I have no way of getting it

Noone sells them I have been searching for hours

Please help

Ps I have a picture but it says I have the wrong file extension and wont post its ang file ???????
It looks like Whale to me cant find the list of fish anywhere

PookieBear50
10-26-16, 12:34 AM
If it's blue and white, it's probably the Tuna. The only way to get it on your own is to craft the Fancy Bait (which, I think, unlocks when you unlock the Water Garden and buy the Sushi Shop...though I might be wrong). Some players might sell it, but because of its relative scarcity, you might have to look long and hard to find it.

sweetgarden7
10-26-16, 02:19 AM
If it's blue and white, it's probably the Tuna. The only way to get it on your own is to craft the Fancy Bait (which, I think, unlocks when you unlock the Water Garden and buy the Sushi Shop...though I might be wrong). Some players might sell it, but because of its relative scarcity, you might have to look long and hard to find it.

Hi pookie bear love your name lol
Its a bright blue quite large fish faces left with a big smile there is another fish that is facing right very light blue very thin and is straight up in air, I cant find the list for them anywhere but there are so many posts
Thank you

Its a pain as it is wanted in the market and that is all that missing and the sushi store is way down the track its not even offered yet

sweetgarden7
10-26-16, 04:09 AM
Now why then am I being asked for this fish when not many people have the sushi shop anyway??.?
How can anyone send the bus if they cant get these fish

Rynetory2
10-26-16, 04:30 AM
Now why then am I being asked for this fish when not many people have the sushi shop anyway??.?
How can anyone send the bus if they cant get these fish

Salmon and Tuna are unlocked by level, for farms of level 10 and above. See Fishing Pond (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88922-Farm-Story-2-Farm-Activities-and-Features-Guide&p=1247856&viewfull=1#post1247856) in Farm Activities and Features Guide.

See How To A Post Photo On The Forum (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum) for uploading your picture.

Merged threads.

sweetgarden7
10-26-16, 04:41 AM
Hey everyone! I had a quick question about fishing that I was hoping some of you could answer. Ever since I was able to fish, I have deliveries that require tuna and salmon. Currently, all of my deliveries either tonight or salmon to complete. I've been fishing in the pond with the Toby's, but can never seem to catch tuna or salmon. Mostly anchovies, but sometimes I get catfish or bass. I'm level 14 currently, and only have access to do Bates. Is there a special method to catching the salmon and tuna? I would really like to be able to complete some deliveries so I can make some more money and get the experience required to level up. Thanks!

Oh you have been reading my mail its so frustrating to be asked for salmon and tuna in the market deliveries noone sells them so we miss out
I have worked really hard to get all the items now I find the tuna or salmon im not sure which one cant be found arrrggghhh!!,!

bluesapphire09
03-07-18, 04:56 AM
Just wondering: Is there something I can cook/ make with the bass? I play on an Android and it seems that I can only catch and sell in the newspaper or catch and complete a delivery. Is that right? The bass doesn't have another use.....??? :confused::confused:

Rynetory2
03-07-18, 08:32 AM
You are correct. The bass is the only farm product which we dont use to make anything. You can see the list of crafts for each respective fish under Chapter Fishing Pond in the Farm Activities & Features Guide. Hope this helps.

bluesapphire09
03-07-18, 04:51 PM
You are correct. The bass is the only farm product which we dont use to make anything. You can see the list of crafts for each respective fish under Chapter Fishing Pond in the Farm Activities & Features Guide. Hope this helps.

Thanks for confirming. I was worried that I had seriously missed something :)