PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Tales- Art Gala Even 9-6-15

Pages : 1 2 [3]

guinnatar
09-12-15, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the info but I don't have the dragons that would be best so I am just plowing ahead losing round after round with only one win. Think if things don't change tomorrow, I'll quit since this isn't much fun!

barbaraann72
09-12-15, 04:27 PM
Mmmmmkay.... i need to raise splatter to lvl 13, but it says that he's maxed at lvl 10.

I'm on Android version 2.2.2.1g

ratsinthecity
09-12-15, 04:49 PM
With only the exception of a few hours, because I have this odd thing called a life on Saturday, I battled from 3am to 6pm and just finished the 5 required battles. Now, the rest of Chapter 9 tasks I will finish up about 10pm. I am not looking forward to the Chapter 10 tasks that START with the grueling 5 battles. But, I will have the rest of the Chaper 10 tasks in the cooker ready to claim right after the battles. I can't quit now, as I have gone too far, but will have to bow out of the next tales event. Who can just poo poo away a Saturday and Sunday doing battles in a computer generated game?? I feel stupid. I don't even do the tournaments any longer, they are not fun anymore.

TN_MOM
09-12-15, 04:50 PM
Mmmmmkay.... i need to raise splatter to lvl 13, but it says that he's maxed at lvl 10.

I'm on Android version 2.2.2.1g

I'm on Android too. You have to purchase the Noble Crystal from the market in order to raise your dragon to a higher level.

barbaraann72
09-12-15, 04:53 PM
I'm on Android too. You have to purchase the Noble Crystal from the market in order to raise your dragon to a higher level.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

TN_MOM
09-12-15, 04:59 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Your welcome. Just happy to help.

chuckyt888
09-12-15, 05:14 PM
It's just keeps getting more ridiculous. I finally got the lvl 13 Rex down after 12 attempts on mostly 55% dragons.

That finally got me into chapter 9 that started for me at 3:00 AM last night. It's 8:00 PM here now.

The first battle of chapter 9 I used a lvl 11 Lollipop on a lvl 10 Iridescent. 85% chance.... Loss.

Please if you are running into the same BS, let Storm8/TL know about it. It's not right what they are doing.

Mythdefied
09-12-15, 05:25 PM
It's 7:30 PM. I only just won the third battle. JC. I have lvl 15 Champ and Angel, lvl 12 Rainbow Sentinel; making exactly zero difference. Just...wow.

DeeDe99
09-12-15, 05:36 PM

But think carefully whether you might be better off spending 10 Gold to skip that step and save your coins - the Nobel Crystal is expensive and I ended up skipping the Lvl 13 step for 10 Gold because it was too much food to produce.

savage_mel
09-12-15, 05:53 PM
Its nice to see I am not alone. I spent ALL day today battling Gold then finally used ultimate. Now I'm stuck on some other dragon. Its very frustrating to dedicate so much time and for some, money, but still not be able to complete the tasks. Games are supposed to be fun, but this has been time consuming and upsetting with a huge possibility for no reward

roguebee
09-12-15, 06:02 PM
What food do you need in Chapter 10? It is just an evolve.

37,500 apples. The requirement was to take Comic to level 9. Now you need to finish feeding him to get to level 10, if you haven't already done so.

larney84
09-12-15, 06:28 PM
I know its unfortunate the accidental gold stealing the game is purposely designed to do, but at least it is somewhat comforting to hear it happens to others and not just me. I was saving up gold to purchase a dragon and my finger accidentally moved and the game stole 400 gold to speed up an expansion, YES 400 gold gone for nothing. AND that is just one of MANY times the gold was stolen from me. Until they fix the way the game steals gold, I will not spend real money. Because to spend money and have the gold just sitting up at the top ready to be stolen is a sneaky design. I have posted many times it should be in a vault with a confirmation before being spent. Heck they have a confirmation to sell a 10 cent fire dragon but no confirmation to take 400 gold at once??? Makes no sense other than to trick players. FYI: OrleansParish, I work in New Orleans.

Is there a particular place where ppl should leave feedback/ design update suggestions. I also wish there was some confirmation before Gold was spent. As a new user I've been getting frustrated at this and frustrated at my clumsy self. The most gold I've ever had in the life of the game is 160 and I keep accidentally hitting the spend button on the stupidest things.

JMThrive
09-12-15, 06:40 PM
Is there a particular place where ppl should leave feedback/ design update suggestions. I also wish there was some confirmation before Gold was spent. As a new user I've been getting frustrated at this and frustrated at my clumsy self. The most gold I've ever had in the life of the game is 160 and I keep accidentally hitting the spend button on the stupidest things.

Won't do any good. Storm8 doesn't care about players. They are greedy and only care about $$$$

lady_saphira
09-12-15, 06:53 PM
Urgh. Stuck on final battle for level 9, 13 Parakeet. Grrr. Already tried epic diamond, not sure I have any other epics worth it... Hypnotic, forest, fire, Parakeet, Eagle, planet, virtue, Naga, bubble, ice cream, Eagle, a few others maybe. Thinking about trying level 7 storm as its a "not available thru breeding" to see if that works. Any thoughts? The wiki site has done me no favors on this one.

ratsinthecity
09-12-15, 06:54 PM

I'm responding to your quote of my quote, haha. But, make no mistake the placement of the buttons is by purposeful design. The lack of a gold spending confirmation button is a very thoughtful omission, wink wink nudge nudge. I am a careful player because I know of the gold trap, and it still gets me. The game stole 24 gold from me a week or so ago right after the boosted breeding weekend ends gold trap, and 20 the other day with an unintentional food purchase button too close to a habitat gold trap.

I've been playing the game off and on and losing plenty more gold than I ever intended to spend due to my quick moving fingers since 2012. Just don't spend real money and it won't hurt so bad.

DeeDe99
09-12-15, 06:54 PM
Roguebee, I had already fed him. Sorry, I thought most people would, so they could start the evolution 5 hours before the collection time.

DeeDe99
09-12-15, 07:05 PM
I'm responding to your quote of my quote, haha. But, make no mistake the placement of the buttons is by purposeful design. The lack of a gold spending confirmation button is a very thoughtful omission, wink wink nudge nudge.

I've been playing the game off and on and losing plenty more gold than I ever intended to spend due to my quick moving fingers since 2012. Just don't spend real money and it won't hurt so bad.

It annoyed me initially, but I will say I've got much better at not unintentionally spending gold!

Of course, one question is, are we the players prepared to pay for additional design, development and testing to roll out confirmation screens and how many of us, after a while, would get sick to death of having to process the confirm step? How may of us click "OK" buttons on MS Office without even reading the messages after a while?

While I think the placement of some of the "Finish" buttons is definitely less than optimal, I am also aware this is an app for mobile devices with limited screen real estate.

I'm not saying players are wrong to want an enhancement, but having spent much of my working life in IT, I am also aware it isn't as easy as it may appear.

DeeDe99
09-12-15, 07:10 PM
FINALLY on the home stretch.

Comic is happily cocooned in the Evolution Temple, in an hour I will start the hedge crafting and an hour after that I will send Splatter off on her last Quest.

In five hours time I just collect all those and then...... THEN comes the hard part. Wonder how long my Healing Spa queue will be today?

I haven't had any opponents over Level 8 or 9 yet, but they haven't gone down easily, even so. I just notice other players battling higher level dragons and wonder if we get different levels depending on where we are in the game.

belarica
09-12-15, 07:35 PM
FINALLY on the home stretch.

Comic is happily cocooned in the Evolution Temple, in an hour I will start the hedge crafting and an hour after that I will send Splatter off on her last Quest.

In five hours time I just collect all those and then...... THEN comes the hard part. Wonder how long my Healing Spa queue will be today?

I haven't had any opponents over Level 8 or 9 yet, but they haven't gone down easily, even so. I just notice other players battling higher level dragons and wonder if we get different levels depending on where we are in the game.
I think it depends on your games level. My husband is 40 something and hasn't gotten an opponent over 7, all mine are between 10 and 14 at level 106

larney84
09-12-15, 07:40 PM
I'm responding to your quote of my quote, haha. But, make no mistake the placement of the buttons is by purposeful design. The lack of a gold spending confirmation button is a very thoughtful omission, wink wink nudge nudge. I am a careful player because I know of the gold trap, and it still gets me. The game stole 24 gold from me a week or so ago right after the boosted breeding weekend ends gold trap, and 20 the other day with an unintentional food purchase button too close to a habitat gold trap.

Haha ratsinthecity I'm replying to your quote of my quote of your quote ;) Actually I was going to reply to Deede99 as the last one to comment.

I'll accept it as something that will continue to bug me. It's just so annoying when you get very little gold and waste it stupidly on things like speeding up Firapples or something because you got clumsy with your fingers. A confirmation screen would never annoy me because I don't see myself intentionally wanting to spend gold more than a couple of times a month (tops!). And for as much as I have been enjoying the game, there is absolutely no way I'm spending real world money on it. The most likely scenario is I'll just get frustrated and stop playing.

Good luck finishing.

DeeDe99
09-12-15, 07:49 PM
And for as much as I have been enjoying the game, there is absolutely no way I'm spending real world money on it. The most likely scenario is I'll just get frustrated and stop playing.

Larney, may I ask a question, just because I am interested. You see, I am old - SO old I remember when we had to pay hundreds of dollars to buy a software licence for games we wanted to play on a computer. Now we can either play totally free, or if we do invest real world money it is like the game is on time payment and we choose how much we are prepared to pay. I don't mind paying some money for the pleasure of playing - clearly I'll only pay what I perceive to be a fair price for the product, so no, I don't like accidentally spending gold any more than anyone else, but I'm curious as to why people seem to expect games to be totally free. There is, as they say, no such thing as a free lunch.

lady_saphira
09-12-15, 07:57 PM
So I just completed a splatter quest (1 of 2 in Chapter 9) and got food. I was outraged. Lol, yeah, kinda sad. I mean it's just a game, right? I just assumed due to world events, that the special quest would only return with what quest it was for. That's the way the last 2 world events have gone for me and the quest I'd already sent splatter on previously. Then I checked my tales and realized it gave me credit for it anyway. I guess I did the quest, it just wasn't a successful quest so I assumed I wouldn't receive credit. But I did and then I felt silly for getting mad. Anyway, it would be nice to know in advance that it counts regardless to prevent further panic attacks, lol.

ratsinthecity
09-12-15, 09:10 PM
In the very beginning way back in 2012 I spent money on the game, HAPPILY I might add, then I got mad when I then realized it was designed at many turns to take the gold "accidentally", so I don't spend money anymore. I actually don't expect it to be free, I just expect it to be fair, and not designed to "accidentally" take the gold at so many turns. It's too many to be accidental design. And once I realized it wasn't what I felt was fair, I stopped paying money. I'm with Larney84, I would not get annoyed with a confirmation screen as I spend gold few times monthly, tops. Others, may spend gold more frequently. I have had it "accidentally" taken more times than I ever intended to spend it. I respect your opinions DeeDee99.

chuckyt888
09-12-15, 10:31 PM
Larney, may I ask a question, just because I am interested. You see, I am old - SO old I remember when we had to pay hundreds of dollars to buy a software licence for games we wanted to play on a computer. Now we can either play totally free, or if we do invest real world money it is like the game is on time payment and we choose how much we are prepared to pay. I don't mind paying some money for the pleasure of playing - clearly I'll only pay what I perceive to be a fair price for the product, so no, I don't like accidentally spending gold any more than anyone else, but I'm curious as to why people seem to expect games to be totally free. There is, as they say, no such thing as a free lunch.

The short answer is that world of micro transactions is the world we live in today with mobile gaming (bleeding into PC and platforms as well). The best (and most popular) mobile games relying on microtransactions allow users to accomplish anything in the game but with much more significant time investment.

With the battle arena manipulation and gold traps, why would anyone pay money for gold if it was just going to get stolen... or the game is manipulated to force players into using gold if they want something?

I've said it before... Treat your player base fairly and with respect and they will reciprocate with the transactions that are so coveted. Abuse that relationship and... well....

eventually it will be much worse than players closing their wallets.

Mythdefied
09-12-15, 10:33 PM
I don't mind that things cost real money, I do mind when there are things in the game purposefully designed to take items from you as an incentive to spend more money. That's not playing fair. Life is not fair, true, but I expect my games to be fair play. The way S8 has designed this is rather like stealing.

You see, I am old - SO old I remember when we had to pay hundreds of dollars to buy a software licence for games we wanted to play on a computer.

When did we ever have to pay hundreds of dollars for a game? I'm old enough to remember PC gaming in the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and while a new game could run upwards of $60, I sure don't remember hundreds. What the heck were you playing and was it gold plated?

chuckyt888
09-12-15, 10:46 PM
I couldn't agree more Mythdefied. I like some of the S8/TL games, but especially with Dragon Story, I don't think Ive ever seen a company as brazen with this type of unethical behavior... but it's their game. They can do what they want...but that street runs both ways.

I grew up in the 80's as well. Sometimes I wish I was back playing Ultima,Wizardry, King's Quest etc hah!

DeeDe99
09-12-15, 11:21 PM
Ratsinthecity - this is why I am asking - I am trying to build and understanding. Thank you for your candid response, I understand your perspective. I'm ultra careful now, but the larger iPad screen has helped considerably.

DeeDe99
09-12-15, 11:26 PM
When did we ever have to pay hundreds of dollars for a game? I'm old enough to remember PC gaming in the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and while a new game could run upwards of $60, I sure don't remember hundreds. What the heck were you playing and was it gold plated?

Frankly, I don't remember, but my then husband spent quite a bit on games he liked. I didn't really play much back then - child raising and working takes time! Mind you, in Australia we paid a lot more for software back then than those in other parts of the world, so our prices were inflated compared to yours.

I have hi-jacked the thread - I do apologise - maybe one of the mods might like to move the original question and the reponses to another thread?

The placement of the "Finish" button was one of the first things I noticed - it is odd, because their other games don't seem to be along similar lines. But then I never have Gold in other games and rarely play (unless it is to earn Gold for DS).

DeeDe99
09-12-15, 11:27 PM
I couldn't agree more Mythdefied. I like some of the S8/TL games, but especially with Dragon Story, I don't think Ive ever seen a company as brazen with this type of unethical behavior... but it's their game. They can do what they want...but that street runs both ways.

I grew up in the 80's as well. Sometimes I wish I was back playing Ultima,Wizardry, King's Quest etc hah!

There was something like this involving galaxies - I can't remember what it was called.

DeeDe99
09-12-15, 11:29 PM
Chuckyt888 - your argument is certainly valid. I'm still learning, so I don't have the experience of past performance in, say, the Arena, to "see" the difference. I certainly do see the player disquiet though.

pernmagic
09-13-15, 12:24 AM
Ratsinthecity - this is why I am asking - I am trying to build and understanding. Thank you for your candid response, I understand your perspective. I'm ultra careful now, but the larger iPad screen has helped considerably.

I play on iPad as well and the screen size makes for a lot of space and clarity so it greatly reduces the possibility of accidentally pressing the gold trap problems android players have to struggle with ..... I'm ancient enough to remember the 70 and 80s as well and the cost of games then, so I don't have a problem with paying for gold when I CHOOSE TOO in dragon story...... It's personal choice ..... ��
I do get a screen choice to confirm or cancel

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 12:25 AM
Done and Dusted! Woo hoo

The battles were easy this time - in the hope it may help someone here were mine:

Opponent My Winner
Music 9 Watermelon 8 KO
Mirage 9 Warrior Prince 6 bM
Mirage 9 Warrior Prince 6 mbB
Island 8 Warrior Prince 6 KO
Topaz 9 Warrior Prince 6 bmb

Yes, I did speed up the Arena (I just could NOT wait an hour between each bout) - but I got 15 Gold today from playing another Storm8 game, so I used that.

Happy little vegemite I am!!!

And very grateful for my little Warrior Prince who performed so admirably!

PS: I think I was lucky - my first post-DT opponent in the Arena is a level 9 Infinity - I have nothing likely to touch that one, but we will see. SO glad I didn't get this one in the 5 battles.

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 01:26 AM
12 battles to beat a Rex 13 on battle 4 of chapter 8. All but 3 tries with 55% chance. Others were 45%.

I'm on battle 5 of chapter 9 now with 22 hours left. I have lost 7 times with 65-85% chance dragons in these chapter 9 battles and am on my 3rd try on the 5th battle all with 65% chance.

I'm a level 150 player with a great set of arena dragons. Shouldn't have to go at this 24/7. Still might not even make it.

larney84
09-13-15, 02:12 AM

Initially I was going to say more by way of explanation DeeDe99 but it seemed too long and others have already said similar things. Plus you're right that it's probably best to keep focused on the Dragon Tales side of things since that's what ppl are hear to read. But I understand the point you're making and the concept that nothing is truly "free" - there's a trade-off that comes with apps labelled as such. Atm I'm a student, I'm playing a game offered for "free" and that's all I'm after in a gaming experience. When circumstances change, if I stay enticed and see value for it then I'll pay money in my free app. I'm not a "smartphone" baby either, I grew up with DOS games that I only got by spending pocket money on (definitely not hundreds of dollars though) so I understand the concept of paying for games and I also use to work for a software distributor and licensing company so I get it from a business viewpoint too. As I said before I really enjoy the game and I do think Dragon Story as it is, is great with these challenges as a fun & unexpected bonus.

larney84
09-13-15, 02:16 AM
For those players BELOW LEVEL 31. Info goes up to Chapt 10 Act 1. Almost there :)

Chapter 1 (3 Acts)

1. Plant Buffbeets (7). (Skip: 7Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Plant Buffbeets (2), (Skip: 2 Gold)
2. Harvest Buffbeets (7). (Skip: 7Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Harvest Buffbeets (2), (Skip: 2 Gold)
3. Visit 2 Community Members. (Skip: 7Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, same Act 3 but (Skip: 2 Gold)
Prize: Splatter Dragon If below Lvl 31, same prize.

Chapter 2 (3 Acts)

1. Harvest Impruberries (6). (Skip: 6Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Harvest Impruberries (4). (Skip: 4 Gold)
2. Feed your Splatter Dragon (15 times). (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, same act requirement but done as Act 3/3 not 2/3, (Skip: 15 Gold)
3. Harvest Fireapples (7). (Skip: 14Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, this is Act 2/3 not 3/3, Harvest Firapples (4), (Skip: 4 Gold)
Prize: 410Exp20px 21,000Coin20px If below Lvl 31, 6500 coins & 140XP

Chapter 3 (3 Acts) If below Lvl 31, only (2 Acts).

1. Breed a Forest Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, not required.
2. Feed your Splatter Dragon (15 times). (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Feed your Splatter Dragon (10 times). (Skip: 10 Gold)
3. Complete 1 Practice Makes Perfect. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, same Act 3. (Skip: 15 Gold) + 2000 coins upon completion.
Prize: 5 Mystic Map If below Lvl 31, same prize.

Chapter 4 (2 Acts)

1. Craft a Blue Hedge. (Skip: 20Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Craft a SPELL SCROLL (1). (Skip: 12 Gold)
2. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 55Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Plant firapples (6). (Skip: 12 Gold)
Prize: 1 Work in Progress If below Lvl 31, same prize.

Chapter 5 (4 Acts) If below Lvl 31, only (3 Acts) not 4.

1. Spend 300,000 Coins on Decorations. (Skip: 10Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, not required.
2. Raise a Splatter Dragon to Level 7. (Skip: 7Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, same Act but done as Act 1/3 and change to (Skip: 14 Gold)
3. Harvest Pumpwings (7). (Skip: 17Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Act 2/3 - Harvest Pumpwings (4). (Skip: 8 Gold)
4. Breed a Light Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Act 3/3 - Breed a Magic Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15 Gold)
Prize: 10,000 Firapples If below Lvl 31, 5000 Firapples.

Chapter 6 (3 Acts)

1. Breed a Magic Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Breed a Water Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15 Gold)
2. Raise an Splatter Dragon to level 10. (Skip: 30Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Complete Practice Makes Perfect. (Skip: 15 Gold). + 2000 coins for completion.
3. Win 3 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 85Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Craft a Blue Hedge. (Skip: 18 Gold)
Prize: Comic Dragon If below Lvl 31, same prize.

Chapter 7 (4 Acts) If below Lvl 31, only (3 Acts) not 4.

1. Complete 1 Practice Makes Perfect. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, same Act 1/3. +2000 coins for completion.
2. Raise a Comic Dragon to Level 4. (Skip: 4Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Feed Your Comic Dragon (15 times) (Skip: 15 Gold)
3. Craft a Blue Hedge.(?) (Skip: 30Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Same Act 3 (Skip: 12 Gold)
4. Breed a Night Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Not required as no Act 4, only 3 Acts
Prize: 410Exp20px 21,000Coin20px If below Lvl 31, 140XP & 7500 coins

Chapter 8 (4 Acts) If below Lvl 31, only (3 Acts) not 4.

1. Breed a Virtue Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Spend Coins on Decorations (100,000) (Skip: 15 Gold)
2. Raise a Comic Dragon to Level 7. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, exact same Act.
3. Craft a Blue Hedge.(?) (Skip: 20Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Craft a Red Hedge (Skip: 16 Gold)
4. Win 4 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 95Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Not required as no Act 4, only 3.
Prize: 1 Masterpiece If below Lvl 31, same prize.

Chapter 9 (4 Acts)

1. Win 5 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 135Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Raise your Splatter Dragon to level 9. (Skip: 30 Gold)
2. Complete 2 Practice Makes Perfect. (Skip: 30Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Same act but different gold to skip (Skip: 30 Gold) + 2x 500 food
3. Feed your Splatter Dragon (10 times). (Skip: 10Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Harvest Pumpwings (4 times) (Skip: 12 Gold)
4. Feed your Comic Dragon (10 times). (Skip: 30Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Craft a Blue Hedge (Skip: 12 Gold)
Prize: 15 Gold20px If below Lvl 31, 10 Gold

Chapter 10 (4 Acts)

1. Craft a Blue Hedge.(?) (Skip: 20Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Harvest Pumpwings (6 times) (Skip: 12 Gold)

TBC...

PrincessCouture2014
09-13-15, 02:49 AM
Last battle of Chapter 9 and I am again facing angel. Argghhh Gold (dragon) is down.

ballndollsmum
09-13-15, 02:51 AM
I've just started chapter 9... Raise Splatter to Level 13 however my splatter is showing Max Level 10!!!!! Can't feed anymore... Gonna skip for 10 Gold but wondering if anyone else had this issue?

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 02:59 AM
I've just started chapter 9... Raise Splatter to Level 13 however my splatter is showing Max Level 10!!!!! Can't feed anymore... Gonna skip for 10 Gold but wondering if anyone else had this issue?

You need the Nobel Crystal to raise dragons above level 10. However, a lot of us skipped for 10 Gold because the prize for that chapter is 15 Gold and level 13 is a LOT of food (documented on Page 22 of this thread). Also the Nobel Crystal is 500,000 coins in the Market.

infinitelove19
09-13-15, 03:17 AM

You need to buy a crystal something-or-other decoration to raise past level 10. Works for all dragons.

infinitelove19
09-13-15, 03:19 AM
Chapter 10 asked me to make a RED hedge, not a BLUE hedge. Is it not consistent between users, or is a CORRECTION needed???

Sandybellee
09-13-15, 03:20 AM
Getting antsy to get this done and over with so I can enjoy my Sunday. (Although there is also a tournament going on in FFS.) Stuck on the third battle of chapter 10 now against level 14 Atlantis. So tempted to speed ahead but must resist...

TN_MOM
09-13-15, 03:39 AM
Finally finished DT and dragon is in the nest. Now maybe I can get some more sleep before Sunday School and Sunday Service. I sped up the last 3 battles of Chapter 10 worried that they would be my downfall. Congrats to those who have finished already and Good Luck to those on the final stretch.Thank you to all who posted tips and advice. I would have never gotten through my first DT without my DS family. You guys ROCK!!!

mymummy789
09-13-15, 04:08 AM
So upset with myself. Played Dragon Tales for 1st time quite enthusiastically.
While doing chapter 7 I decided to plan ahead. To my dismay found that it will be impossible for me to grow enough food on my 7 enchanted
farms to raise my Splatter and Comic dragons to required levels. Have now stopped playing. Wasted a lot of gold and time trying to stay within chapters. Will read future Dragon Tales thoroughly before playing again. :(:(:(
I am coming to the conclusion that it is impossible to have enough food for these events unless you harvest constantly but never feed any of your dragons!! I had what I thought was a huge supply of food but feeding the dragon to level 13 ****ed me!!! I now don't have enough food to evolve the comic to epic so I have given up.

Most of my dragons are level 7 because it uses so much food to raise them higher. I think these events are unachievable unless you use gems or have already levelled all your dragons and are just growing food to use up money. And yes, I only plant the really expensive food unless doing these guests.

In future I will just aim to get first two dragons then save my food and gems for what I want.

Mythdefied
09-13-15, 04:14 AM
I started this event with 2 million+ food (I've been saving up for a few months); I now have about 200,000. This has seriously been ****er. I was trying to save up enough to raise all my dragons to level 10, but I guess that's something of a pipe dream now. I had no idea these events used up so much food. Makes me dread the next one a little.

wiggles2288
09-13-15, 04:37 AM
Since they added the third dragon to these quests, I can't complete them. I need to evolve my dragons to get bombs to get mining dragons when I like them and to feed these dragons, which are extremely hungry. I will not even try to complete these anymore. Too much gold spent just to fail anyway. :(

ratsinthecity
09-13-15, 06:18 AM
I actually had enough food, but I kept seeing DeeDee99 suggest in several posts to use 10 gold to skip feeding Splatter to 13. And I initially thought I would just feed, but then I realized her suggestion was very valid and I took her suggestion. Even if you have plenty food, if you were to feed Splatter to 13 it would decimate your food stock, and who really wants a level 13 Splatter, there are other dragons I would rather raise past level 10 right now. And you get 15 gold for this Goal, so your profit is 5 gold. To skip is only 10 gold which is far less cost than all that food you would lose. I was convinced it was a logical move, thanks DeeDee99.

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 06:28 AM
You are welcome Ratsinthecity. We weren't alone in that choice. This is a game of strategy - that was a strategic decision. I am glad to have my breeding den and temple back though. Trying for Quetzal and Glitter alternately.

lady_saphira
09-13-15, 06:54 AM
Finally on chapter 10, evolving my comic now. 5 battles left! I've quite happily spent gold to use ultimate in the battles and skip the splatter feeding to 13. I don't spend real money and hardly use my gold ever so I'm happy I finally found something to spend my gold on. I've been saving but realized the dragons I would spend gold on cost way too much gold to get all the ones I want so I'll just be trying to breed them. I spent way less gold and get 3 pretty neat dragons (though I would LOVE that portal dragon from the previous tales that I couldn't participate in). The food about ****ed me but I have 60k food left after feeding comic to ten so now I'm just going to keep planting to stock pile for some of my others that need to be leveled up.

Anyone care to offer an opinion? Should I raise a few current 10s past 10? Or focus on my level 9s and below to get to epic? Would it be better to feed my champion (can't remember which one) or diamond to 15? Can't wait to have nouveau on my nest!

belarica
09-13-15, 07:16 AM
I started this event with 2 million+ food (I've been saving up for a few months); I now have about 200,000. This has seriously been ****er. I was trying to save up enough to raise all my dragons to level 10, but I guess that's something of a pipe dream now. I had no idea these events used up so much food. Makes me dread the next one a little.

This is the first one that's used over 100,000 apples. :( guess they decided folks weren't spending enough gold on these events.

roguebee
09-13-15, 07:21 AM
Finally on chapter 10, evolving my comic now. 5 battles left! I've quite happily spent gold to use ultimate in the battles and skip the splatter feeding to 13. I don't spend real money and hardly use my gold ever so I'm happy I finally found something to spend my gold on. I've been saving but realized the dragons I would spend gold on cost way too much gold to get all the ones I want so I'll just be trying to breed them. I spent way less gold and get 3 pretty neat dragons (though I would LOVE that portal dragon from the previous tales that I couldn't participate in). The food about ****ed me but I have 60k food left after feeding comic to ten so now I'm just going to keep planting to stock pile for some of my others that need to be leveled up.

Anyone care to offer an opinion? Should I raise a few current 10s past 10? Or focus on my level 9s and below to get to epic? Would it be better to feed my champion (can't remember which one) or diamond to 15? Can't wait to have nouveau on my nest!

My opinion would be to raise a champion to Level 15, followed by a Diamond to 15. It really changed the odds in the Arena. Battling became easier. You still lose, but not as often. If you have a choice in Champions, check out the feeding requirements. Some are cheaper to feed than others. One group requires 6000 apples per feeding at Level 10 while the other requires 12,000 apples per feeding. There doesn't appear to be any logic behind the differences. And the calculator indicates no difference in performance between champions in the two groups.

lady_saphira
09-13-15, 07:32 AM
My opinion would be to raise a champion to Level 15, followed by a Diamond to 15. It really changed the odds in the Arena. Battling became easier. You still lose, but not as often. If you have a choice in Champions, check out the feeding requirements. Some are cheaper to feed than others. One group requires 6000 apples per feeding at Level 10 while the other requires 12,000 apples per feeding. There doesn't appear to be any logic behind the differences. And the calculator indicates no difference in performance between champions in the two groups.

Thanks! I have a black night but he's only at level 4 as I haven't had him very long. I rarely participate in the battle arena except for these events and maybe a flash tourney. I've won one dragon in a flash, but if I have a decent dragon or two I might participate more often.

Kennedward
09-13-15, 07:33 AM
Only have 16 hours to go but I'm only at Chapter 8 Act 4, ah well, I knew I wouldn't finish on time, but I don't mind

lauraleighashby
09-13-15, 07:55 AM
Five battles to win yet for the final chapter with no wins and three losses. Have read where the arena now seems to be more luck oriented. My lvl 10 Champs have been utterly useless in the last tournaments and in battling for Dragon Tales...kind of sorry I wasted food on leveling them up rather than some of my others. Clearly will have to ultimate a few of these final battles.

lady_saphira
09-13-15, 08:14 AM
Five battles to win yet for the final chapter with no wins and three losses. Have read where the arena now seems to be more luck oriented. My lvl 10 Champs have been utterly useless in the last tournaments and in battling for Dragon Tales...kind of sorry I wasted food on leveling them up rather than some of my others. Clearly will have to ultimate a few of these final battles.

I'll be using ultimate on them if need be too. I've come too far to not use it. At least there's not a tournament and the ultimate only costs 12 and not 30.

rasike
09-13-15, 08:16 AM
I would suggest to raise your Diamond dragon to level 15 first. It needs less food than any champion, and at level 15 it is very strong against other diamond type dragons and champions. I upgraded my Diamond dragon to level 14 as soon as I bought the noble crystal. It made a big difference in the battles.

Sandybellee
09-13-15, 08:27 AM
Done! Nouveau egg is sitting pretty on the nest! Very happy to have her but this was exhausting. Seriously thinking about passing on the next one and concentrating on feeding my other dragons instead.

I knew from the start I wouldn't have enough food for both Splatter and Comic (frankly would not liked to have spent food on either) so I decided to take Splatter only to level 7 and skip the rest of its' feedings. That way I could easily raise Comic to level 10.

So I spent 30+10 gold for skipping feeding Splatter. In addition I ultimated 4 battles for 12 gold each. That's 88 gold. As we received 15 gold for completing chapter 9, the final cost is 88-15 = 73 gold.

So I got an ultra rare, absolutely gorgeous rainbow hybrid for 73 gold. Very pleased with that! :)

Congrats to all who have finished and good luck to everyone still on the way!

Hawk1
09-13-15, 08:36 AM

I was happy to skip getting Splatter to lvl 13 for 10 gold, I lvl'd a champion to lvl 15 and it's already paid off in the arena.

Hawk1
09-13-15, 08:48 AM
I've never had 2 million frapples but if I did I would choose to lvl the dragons that would do the best in the arena. Having a diamond & champ @ 15 makes it a whole lot easier to win. I have only been playing DS since mid April and I've been having fun with it, never spent much time playing non competitive games before. Started playing Storm8 games in 2009 mobsters, zombies, ninjas and a few others but those were games you play against everyone on the server. Decided I needed a break from attack games :)

divanightclub
09-13-15, 08:52 AM
FINALLY.. I've completed chapter 10 with very few losses... Here's a list of the 5 opponents in case someone encounter the same opponent while battling
1. Cancer---poinsettia(mb)
2. Horizon--portal(mbb)
3. Leopard...Battlecaster(B)
4. Angel------Mercury(M)
5. Clown.....Marshmallow(mb)

My beautiful Nouveau dragon is now in storage...Now I can get some much needed rest and enjoy the rest of my Sunday stressfree..good luck to everyone that is still trying the complete the event and congrats to those who were able to finish...

hon3ycomb
09-13-15, 08:58 AM
15 hrs and over with 1/5 battles. I had a hard time feeding that comic dragon and I'm not sure I'd wanna stay up all night for this. Looks like I'll be trying to speed up the process with whatever gold i have left >.<

Laurks
09-13-15, 09:30 AM
I apologize if this was already posted somewhere, but I don't have a lot of time to skim through a bunch of pages of posts. I can't raise my dragons past level 10, and I'm currently on Ch 8 Act 1. I play on an Android device. Did anyone address if the goals will be different, I.e. not having to raise your Splatter Dragon to level 13?

Thanks in advance.

pernmagic
09-13-15, 09:35 AM
Only have 16 hours to go but I'm only at Chapter 8 Act 4, ah well, I knew I wouldn't finish on time, but I don't mind
You may well just manage it as you have a good selection of dragons for the arena ..... Good luck anyway

sam204
09-13-15, 09:39 AM

Are u sure u used more than 18,00,000. food for this event ? It's rather surprising . On Pg 22 , post 211 by cocauina n no 212 by redstar177 gave details of food required -- 2,39,960. Hence I feel u must once again check up your figures !

lady_saphira
09-13-15, 09:43 AM
I apologize if this was already posted somewhere, but I do on't have a lot of time to skim through a bunch of pages of posts. I can't raise my dragons past level 10, and I'm currently on Ch 8 Act 1. I play on an Android device. Did anyone address if the goals will be different, I.e. not having to raise your Splatter Dragon to level 13?

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to go to the market and buy a noble crystal under building or decorations, I think. It's 500k coins. That will allow you to raise past 10.

KadeeDid
09-13-15, 10:04 AM
I would suggest to raise your Diamond dragon to level 15 first. It needs less food than any champion, and at level 15 it is very strong against other diamond type dragons and champions. I upgraded my Diamond dragon to level 14 as soon as I bought the noble crystal. It made a big difference in the battles.

I have been playing for several years. Level 100. Still no diamond or champs. I do not like the Battle Arena. I really appreciate all those who give suggestions for tournaments as that has helped a lot. I am getting better at figuring it out.

Kennedward
09-13-15, 10:32 AM
You may well just manage it as you have a good selection of dragons for the arena ..... Good luck anyway

Almost finished with the battles, but a busy day ahead means I won't get to play until much later today, probably at night, so I'll play when I can

kjbrogren
09-13-15, 10:48 AM

Im at the exact same place. I got hung up cuz I crafted the chandelier dragon before it expired and that set me back 1 day. Now Im suck on my last battle before I can go on to Chapter 9. But I will have more battles ahead of me. At least we got 2 new dragons from the tales, even if we dont finish!

rasike
09-13-15, 10:52 AM
My Nouveau dragon is in the nest now! It was my first DT event, and thanks to this thread and good luck I did not have to use gold, just a lot of food (over 200,000 apples). Since March I was saving gold and food for gold giving dragons (I'm hoping for their sale on Black Friday), so I was keeping the number of my apples over 1,000,000, and I had enough food for raising Splatter to level 13.
Congratulations to everyone who got Nouveau dragon and good luck to everyone who is still fighting!

pernmagic
09-13-15, 11:27 AM
Almost finished with the battles, but a busy day ahead means I won't get to play until much later today, probably at night, so I'll play when I can

Good luck anyway :)

It's interesting because since I completed the tournament I've gone back to the arena for jigsaw mining pieces and they are not giving me any trouble so far

Kennedward
09-13-15, 11:37 AM
Im at the exact same place. I got hung up cuz I crafted the chandelier dragon before it expired and that set me back 1 day. Now Im suck on my last battle before I can go on to Chapter 9. But I will have more battles ahead of me. At least we got 2 new dragons from the tales, even if we dont finish!

Agreed :D

belarica
09-13-15, 11:47 AM
I'm on chapter 8 and I've gotten mercury and quetzal in the arena right after the other.. What's the chance of that?

IanB6
09-13-15, 12:13 PM
My next quest is to raise my splatter dragon up to level 13. How do you do it?

belarica
09-13-15, 12:15 PM
My next quest is to raise my splatter dragon up to level 13. How do you do it?
Buy a noble crystal in the market to raise your dragons over 10

IanB6
09-13-15, 12:19 PM
How do you raise the splatter dragon up to level 13?

savage_mel
09-13-15, 12:22 PM
Nothing but impossible battles in my arena. Even my best fighters have been taking a beating to the most common dragons. There is no way i'll finish this quest at this point and am quite annoyed by that. I have dedicated a lot of time and gold

belarica
09-13-15, 12:36 PM
How do you raise the splatter dragon up to level 13?

Buy the noble crystal, place it somewhere and you can feed it past level 10.

jallipen
09-13-15, 12:51 PM
I'm level 101, and after losing most of the gold I had patiently saved up for a long time (I never bought gold) and absolutely all my food supplies, just to realise in the 10th chapter that there was no way in hell I was gonna complete the event unless I actually purchased gold... I have uninstalled the game.

So long, Dragon Story. Greed should have a limit.

tengoambre123
09-13-15, 01:44 PM
i stupidly gave all my food to the splatter dragon instead of just skipping that chapter for 10gold. Now i won't be able to get my comic to level 10 in time smh. oh well, looks like i wont be finsihing.

TheRamtops
09-13-15, 01:48 PM

It's interesting because since I completed the tournament I've gone back to the arena for jigsaw mining pieces and they are not giving me any trouble so far

We'd agree with that! We just completed the final battle and got the new dragon but we've had some really tough opponents, lots of Diamonds. We had to use the Ultimate twice and spend gold to speed up the next battle to fit more battles in.

Apart from battles we had to use gold to speed up some things thanks to poor timing due to having to go to work! Probably not more than 35 gold altogether though.

We also didn't even bother with the Tournament, that was such bad timing to have all the hard rounds coincide with the battle parts of the Tales. Because we didn't do the Tournament we had nice easy battle for day 6.

Once again, we could not have done it without the lovely people here and on the Wiki page. Thank you all!

ratsinthecity
09-13-15, 02:02 PM
i stupidly gave all my food to the splatter dragon instead of just skipping that chapter for 10gold. Now i won't be able to get my comic to level 10 in time smh. oh well, looks like i wont be finsihing.

It was posted by DeeDee99, several times, in particular post #509 DeeDee spells out that the best strategy was to use the 10 gold to skip feeding the Splatter to 13, if you were not one of those fortunate enough to be flush with food, and even if you were, it still paid to skip feeding to level 13. I took her suggestion, and still profited 5 gold because the prize for that task was 15gold. There are more advantageous dragons to bring past 10 besides a Splatter. I know it may take some time, but it really pays to read through the pages of this thread before proceeding, some stuff is fluff and may not pertain to your situation, but it just may give you that one tidbit of information you need to finish.

kimandamelia
09-13-15, 02:06 PM
I am BEYOND FURIOUS!!!!! Eleven hours left to finish, only needed to win 2 more battles and who knows how or what happened, but the quest popped up and 135 gold is gone and I am done. I did not want to pay 135 gold to finish the final act!!!!!! Sent an email but we all know I can kiss the gold goodbye! These gold traps have gone far enough!

ratsinthecity
09-13-15, 02:17 PM
I am BEYOND FURIOUS!!!!! Eleven hours left to finish, only needed to win 2 more battles and who knows how or what happened, but the quest popped up and 135 gold is gone and I am done. I did not want to pay 135 gold to finish the final act!!!!!! Sent an email but we all know I can kiss the gold goodbye! These gold traps have gone far enough!

Well the game took 400 gold from me by my fingers accidentally speeding up an expansion, so I feel your pain. It was every bit I had been saving for months, I was livid, I was speechless. Complaining or sending and email is virtually a colossal waste of your time, but I guess anything is worth a try. It also took 20 for an accidental food purchase the other day and 24 a few days before that for another accidental finger movement, and that's just three times, there are MANY more, and that is with me being careful. I have spent FAR less gold intentionally, than the game has "accidentally-on-purpose" taken. I do play on an iPhone 4 and the screen is super small, so I gotta be extremely careful, but it still gets me. This thread alone has many rants regarding the Gold Traps, pages in the 50's we digressed from the topic slightly and discussed the gold traps being intelligently designed to separate you from your gold, accidentally on purpose. The gold "finish" buttons are specifically designed to divorce you from your gold, its not your fault, there is not one person on these forums (well maybe there is ONE) that has not had gold taken in a gold trap. You either play dragon story and accept it is set up to take your gold, or decide not to play, or always spend the gold on stuff you want so you don't have anything for the game to "accidentally-on-purpose" take. It is difficult to save up for too long without running into a gold trap. I'm sorry it happened to you but take some solace in knowing it got me worse, and others too.

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 02:25 PM

Exact opposite for me. Tales Chpt 10 opponents were OK. Now trying to get Jigsaw pieces I am facing an Infinity that won't lose.

Hawk1
09-13-15, 02:37 PM
It was posted by DeeDee99, several times, in particular post #509 DeeDee spells out that the best strategy was to use the 10 gold to skip feeding the Splatter to 13, if you were not one of those fortunate enough to be flush with food, and even if you were, it still paid to skip feeding to level 13. I took her suggestion, and still profited 5 gold because the prize for that task was 15gold. There are more advantageous dragons to bring past 10 besides a Splatter. I know it may take some time, but it really pays to read through the pages of this thread before proceeding, some stuff is fluff and may not pertain to your situation, but it just may give you that one tidbit of information you need to finish.

It doesn't take long to skim through a few pages and I will never understand why people don't bother to because it will save you a bunch of mistakes. You can log on through your computer to Storm8 forums and spend 10-15 minutes and learn a lot or a little but it is extremely helpful info. Instead it seems that "instant" info is demanded because their time it too valuable. Smh

Hawk1
09-13-15, 02:41 PM
I'm level 101, and after losing most of the gold I had patiently saved up for a long time (I never bought gold) and absolutely all my food supplies, just to realise in the 10th chapter that there was no way in hell I was gonna complete the event unless I actually purchased gold... I have uninstalled the game.

So long, Dragon Story. Greed should have a limit.

Free game so how is greed? I don't mind spending a few dollars on a free game to keep it free. I do understand about the gold traps but if you never spent any money on a free game I would be content with the dragons I did acquire from Dragon Tales.

Mythdefied
09-13-15, 02:50 PM
Finally beat the third battle. Two more left to go. Hope it won't take as long as the first couple.

orleansparish
09-13-15, 02:53 PM
I've only won two battles and even this was after I threw gold at kite. My epic uniform and gold, plus four other battles dragons did nothing at that level 12 pest. I don't know what I'm getting next but hope it goes down easily too. I have a ton of dragons but do jot like long lines to heal. And mines are getting outrageously long. Experiences like this is what's going to make me not have excitement to do anymore of these events.

Same thing happened with the battles.

clarity625
09-13-15, 02:54 PM
Yippee! Got my Noveau dragon egg on the nest!

I had to skip raising Splatter dragon to level 13 - best 10 gold pieces I ever spent.
I did speed battle a couple of times. Overall I am quite pleased with this event.
I would have never made it without this thread. Thank you, everyone who posted info about it. I had no food stackpile. I only was able to feed Splatter and Comic to level 10, because I switched to rushrooms and set my iphone alarm to ring every hour or so. I would have not done it, if I didn't know what's coming up in chapter 9.
It is also good to start the quest, evolving Splatter and Comic and crafting ahead of time.

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 03:01 PM
Free game so how is greed? I don't mind spending a few dollars on a free game to keep it free. I do understand about the gold traps but if you never spent any money on a free game I would be content with the dragons I did acquire from Dragon Tales.

Plus lack of planning on the part of a player is hardly the developers' responsibility. This is a game of strategy. I'm new still and I got through with just 10 gold to skip feeding Splatter to 13 and an ultimate during the Tournament (on at the same time in the earlier battles) which was only required because most of my dragons aren't yet the "big ***s" - again that was a strategic decision I made based on where I am in dragon development at this stage.

Mind you, I will say that I'd never have managed without being able to plan ahead based on the details available on this thread and the Wiki. To just do the Tales cold with no prior Tales experience would be very difficult! Very valuable information!

Laurks
09-13-15, 03:12 PM
You'll need to go to the market and buy a noble crystal under building or decorations, I think. It's 500k coins. That will allow you to raise past 10.

Thank you so much! It would've taken me forever to figure that out!

zyfazix
09-13-15, 03:27 PM
Chapter 8 starts in 8 hours or so. Comic dragon is evolving to level 7, the breeding den is empty for the Virtue x Olympus combo and I've started crafting a blue hedge. Shouldn't run into any problems tomorrow unless they decide to throw in diamond or champions dragon in the Arena

JMThrive
09-13-15, 03:30 PM
Well the game took 400 gold from me by my fingers accidentally speeding up an expansion, so I feel your pain. It was every bit I had been saving for months, I was livid, I was speechless. Complaining or sending and email is virtually a colossal waste of your time, but I guess anything is worth a try. It also took 20 for an accidental food purchase the other day and 24 a few days before that for another accidental finger movement, and that's just three times, there are MANY more, and that is with me being careful. I have spent FAR less gold intentionally, than the game has "accidentally-on-purpose" taken. I do play on an iPhone 4 and the screen is super small, so I gotta be extremely careful, but it still gets me. This thread alone has many rants regarding the Gold Traps, pages in the 50's we digressed from the topic slightly and discussed the gold traps being intelligently designed to separate you from your gold, accidentally on purpose. The gold "finish" buttons are specifically designed to divorce you from your gold, its not your fault, there is not one person on these forums (well maybe there is ONE) that has not had gold taken in a gold trap. You either play dragon story and accept it is set up to take your gold, or decide not to play, or always spend the gold on stuff you want so you don't have anything for the game to "accidentally-on-purpose" take. It is difficult to save up for too long without running into a gold trap. I'm sorry it happened to you but take some solace in knowing it got me worse, and others too.

Someone else gave a great example. There is a confirmation to sell even a 100 coin dragon, but no confirm to steal your gold. And gold is worth money even if you if yiu never paid for it. A dollar is still worth a dollar no matter how you got it. Gold is worth about $0.05so everytime Storm8 steals one gold they are taking a nickel out of your pocket.

Hawk1
09-13-15, 03:32 PM
Plus lack of planning on the part of a player is hardly the developers' responsibility. This is a game of strategy. I'm new still and I got through with just 10 gold to skip feeding Splatter to 13 and an ultimate during the Tournament (on at the same time in the earlier battles) which was only required because most of my dragons aren't yet the "big ***s" - again that was a strategic decision I made based on where I am in dragon development at this stage.

Mind you, I will say that I'd never have managed without being able to plan ahead based on the details available on this thread and the Wiki. To just do the Tales cold with no prior Tales experience would be very difficult! Very valuable information!

I agree with you DeeDee, the first event I participated in I didn't come to the forums and it was quite difficult to get to the end prize. Since then I come here and read and learn, I've been playing a few months longer than you but I think you are doing spectacularly because you have used the forums and paid attention to the great advice that is posted here. Thank you to all that post tips to help us do well in the events and tournaments.

ratsinthecity
09-13-15, 03:38 PM
Chapter 8 starts in 8 hours or so. Comic dragon is evolving to level 7, the breeding den is empty for the Virtue x Olympus combo and I've started crafting a blue hedge. Shouldn't run into any problems tomorrow unless they decide to throw in diamond or champions dragon in the Arena

I'm not an expert but make sure your Chapter 8 is a blue hedge, because I believe the original posted blue hedge for Chapter 8 was changed to a red hedge for those above a certain level. Maybe it was above 31. I'm above level 31 and I had a red hedge for Chapters 8 and 10, NOT the originally posted blue hedge. Please check, read through this thread to confirm your set for Chapter 8, no sense in getting stuck.

BTW: I did virtue and Olympus too and got a cool Laserlight dragon!

Seranda
09-13-15, 03:51 PM
Yup. I was busy this weekend... didn't read everything and now I am stuck without food. I'm so mad now. Can't get past level 10 comic now... ugh... I had everything else planned. I hate this game sometimes. I wish there was an un-do button.

PrincessCouture2014
09-13-15, 04:10 PM
Again stuck at arena. Last chapter last act Red queen knocked down my Flametail. I now want to get the final prize coz I have spend almost100 gold on it. Really. First 30 coz of my stupidity of occupying den and nest. Then in speeding up battles and evaluation and also on skipping tasks. God!! and its so late already

PrincessCouture2014
09-13-15, 04:13 PM
on second thought, its game not life yes I am saving to get gold dragon but none of the gold was bought with real money. It was free so np. Anyways

SUGGESTION FOR RED QUEEN PLZ

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 04:14 PM
I'm not an expert but make sure your Chapter 8 is a blue hedge, because I believe the original posted blue hedge for Chapter 8 was changed to a red hedge for those above a certain level. Maybe it was above 31. I'm above level 31 and I had a red hedge for Chapters 8 and 10, NOT the originally posted blue hedge. Please check, read through this thread to confirm your set for Chapter 8, no sense in getting stuck.

BTW: I did virtue and Olympus too and got a cool Laserlight dragon!

Red hedge here too.

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 04:20 PM
Again stuck at arena. Last chapter last act Red queen knocked down my Flametail. I now want to get the final prize coz I have spend almost100 gold on it. Really. First 30 coz of my stupidity of occupying den and nest. Then in speeding up battles and evaluation and also on skipping tasks. God!! and its so late already

I'm just getting into the chapter 10 battles with only 8 hours left. I'm on battle number 2 (lvl 12 Bat) and , not surprisingly, just lost one of my best dragons with a 75% chance of beating this dragon.

There is nothing more to say really than what I and others have already said. The code is manipulating the odds in the Battle Arena for events and tourneys and it's completely ridiculous. If S8/TL cannot stand the fact there are players out there who have amassed a good army of battle arena dragons and they want a specific amount of time invested in battling.... then make the quest objective be to battle X number of times in the battle arena. Quit changing odds on great matchups just to get people to buy or use their precious gold. It's unethical at best and most would consider it outright fraudulent.... you're treating your player base with zero respect and its got to stop.

This has absolutely nothing to do with bad planning. When you have great arena dragons with clear advantages on battles with every matchup and have to play 24/7 every single tournament or event there is an issue. I would accept it if this were isolated to an event or tourney here and there but it's not. It's code that has been put in place to adjust odds.

luckyaa7
09-13-15, 04:48 PM
on second thought, its game not life yes I am saving to get gold dragon but none of the gold was bought with real money. It was free so np. Anyways

SUGGESTION FOR RED QUEEN PLZ

Do you have warrior princess? It worked in red queen for me in the past. Good luck!

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 05:00 PM
chuckyt88 just to balance the ledger, while my Chpt 9 battles were difficult-ish, I flew through the Chpt 10 battles in 5, no losses.

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 05:17 PM
chuckyt88 just to balance the ledger, while my Chpt 9 battles were difficult-ish, I flew through the Chpt 10 battles in 5, no losses.

Glad you were able to fly through. Did you spend gold in this event?

I have not. You can see the trouble I had in chapter 8 and 9 previously in the thread.

I'm still on the 2nd battle of chapter 10. On my 3rd attempt now battling a lvl 12 Bat. Lost a Spartan champ lvl 12 with a 75% chance and just lost an Infinity diamond lvl 15 at 65%. Two of my better dragons.

It's par for the course and its beyond absurd the level to which S8/TL is trying to steal from players with adjusted odds in the battle arena.

Lets take just the Rex 12 in chapter 8. Just to make it simple (and actually giving back some odds in that dragons favor as most battles I had a 55% chance to win), with a 50% win chance on each battle there was a .004% chance I would lose that many times in a row.

Like I said. Maybe I should play the lottery.

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 05:41 PM
I also only get Lvl 9 and 10 opponents at my stage Chuckyt888 - and I've been stuck just now (collecting Jigsaw bits) on a Lvl 9 Infinity. In utter despair I threw an Epic Jewelry into the fray and won!

I spent 10 gold to not feed Splatter but got 15 Gold as the prize there. Strategic decision many of us made. Other than that, one Ultimate during the Tourny as all my dragons not battle-ready. Again, strategic play given early development stage.

noah1164
09-13-15, 05:53 PM
Yea! Got it finished on both my main and alt accounts. Good luck to those still grinding.

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 05:54 PM
I also only get Lvl 9 and 10 opponents at my stage Chuckyt888 - and I've been stuck just now (collecting Jigsaw bits) on a Lvl 9 Infinity. In utter despair I threw an Epic Jewelry into the fray and won!

I spent 10 gold to not feed Splatter but got 15 Gold as the prize there. Strategic decision many of us made. Other than that, one Ultimate during the Tourny as all my dragons not battle-ready. Again, strategic play given early development stage.

I had the food to just up the Splatter dragon so no need to spend gold for me.

No amount of strategy would help odds that get manipulated in the Battle Arena.

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 06:13 PM
Just lost again to Bat 12 with a 60% dragon. On to attempt 4 on this dragon.

CoodieBug
09-13-15, 06:22 PM
Just lost again to Bat 12 with a 60% dragon. On to attempt 4 on this dragon.

I've had it with the stupidity and capitalistic greed of the jerks that run the show --I've vowed in the past to never spend any more money but recently--months later--I did!!--SORRY I DID !!!- they are ignorant in the PR dept. I just gave in to the ridiculous losses in FFS--now I'm about to give in (after playing this ridiculous gala) since I only have 5 hours left and keep loosing the last 4 of 5 battles--all my dragons are laid up due to all the losses--it's preposterous!! Good going TL--you're loosing all your long termers!! Dumb!!!

nightowllor
09-13-15, 06:24 PM
Hi guys. This was my first attempt at dragon tales since rejoining dragon story on my android almost two months ago. For my first time, I did pretty okay, made it to chapter 9 halfway but ran out of food gold and time. Was happy to get the splatter and comic dragons. Sad I missed the grand prize, but do they ever bring the dragons back, say like in a wheel or something? The thread and guide was insanely helpful, and now I know more of what to expect for future events. I still say it was ridiculous to have the tournament and tales event in the same time frame. Anyways, thanks everyone. :)

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 06:29 PM
I've had it with the stupidity and capitalistic greed of the jerks that run the show --I've vowed in the past to never spend any more money but recently--months later--I did!!--SORRY I DID !!!- they are ignorant in the PR dept. I just gave in to the ridiculous losses in FFS--now I'm about to give in (after playing this ridiculous gala) since I only have 5 hours left and keep loosing the last 4 of 5 battles--all my dragons are laid up due to all the losses--it's preposterous!! Good going TL--you're loosing all your long termers!! Dumb!!!

I feel the pain. Lost 11 straight on a Rex 12 in chapter 8... Most of which were 55% dragons. 3 with 45%.

Eventually they are going to annoy the wrong person (may already have) and this will escalate. There are certain groups of people who don't take kindly to the type of thing that is going on here... companies virtually stealing from customers.

jaymieb2
09-13-15, 06:30 PM
Thanks to everyone who shared info, I am now prepping for Chapter 7 (I wanted to complete the tournament before changing DS versions).

I have a question about long-term strategy. Is it better to get the Noble Crystal and evolve dragons up to level 15? Or deliberately keep dragons at level 10 or less?

I noticed that my opponents became more difficult and more expensive as my rank increased. I don't want a repeat of that situation. :-)

Also, just as a note, I had a really tough time beating Rex in the tournament. I battled that dragon 10-12 times - all my drsgons were level 10 and had a 55% chance of beating Rex. Frustrating, but you have to remember that statistically, each dragon has that percentage of beating Rex. It is almost the same probability of flipping a penny for heads/tails. You might get a long string of heads or tails, but each time the probability of heads is 50%. It is not cumulative or additive. And, in 1000 flips, you will have around 500 heads and 500 tails.

Good luck everyone!

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 06:34 PM
The odds of losing 11 times like I did on the Rex 12 is .004%. These types of losses happen in every tournament/event. It's not isolated. When that is the case over a large sample size, it is NOT just being unlucky.

jacksusa
09-13-15, 06:56 PM
Wish I had read this before--I do read the forums, but am low on food.
Yippee! Got my Noveau dragon egg on the nest!

I had to skip raising Splatter dragon to level 13 - best 10 gold pieces I ever spent.
I did speed battle a couple of times. Overall I am quite pleased with this event.
I would have never made it without this thread. Thank you, everyone who posted info about it. I had no food stackpile. I only was able to feed Splatter and Comic to level 10, because I switched to rushrooms and set my iphone alarm to ring every hour or so. I would have not done it, if I didn't know what's coming up in chapter 9.
It is also good to start the quest, evolving Splatter and Comic and crafting ahead of time.

savage_mel
09-13-15, 06:58 PM
Well, I had an awful weekend trying to do these dragon tales. Finally this evening, I finally just gave up. Although, incredibly annoyed at how hard I worked for nothing, the weekend was not a total bust...I just bred a Glitter!! I really really wanted one :-)

popcorn_belle
09-13-15, 07:09 PM
Now I am in chapter 10, I say goodbye to my golds :(
I did not skip raising Splatter dragon to level 13 as I did not read 10 golds to skip that act. I have no idea that huge amount of foods will be consumed to raise Splatter to level 13.

This is my first dragon tale ever and I learned my lesson :(

CoodieBug
09-13-15, 07:11 PM
I feel the pain. Lost 11 straight on a Rex 12 in chapter 8... Most of which were 55% dragons. 3 with 45%.

Eventually they are going to annoy the wrong person (may already have) and this will escalate. There are certain groups of people who don't take kindly to the type of thing that is going on here... companies virtually stealing from customers.

Thank you so much Chucky for validating my feelings. It's very much appreciated--I feel better😊

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 07:14 PM
I will say this... On the flip side it does appear that during tournaments , dragons nobody has any business beating easily do beat them. Usually this seems to be the prize dragon at the end. People generally beat this dragon quickly... within 1-4 attempts. If true odds were being used, people might simply not bother doing tourneys as alot of the time you have 10% chance on these and could go on really horrendous losing streaks. This is another thing that makes me believe that odds are being manipulated.... this time in our favor.

If the odds are being manipulated (both for us and against) its not balanced. I am a developer. I know how hard it is to write good software sometimes when you have competing interests.... But IMO it should be all about being fair to the customer. From what I see that is currently not the case.

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 07:41 PM
I've been trying for Glitter since the Tales ended (plus the Magic breeding IN the Tales). So far I have scored two Coral, a Wizard and an Irisdescent - but NO Glitter - and time is running out......

I'm sorry you had to give up - but let me tell you Nouveau is HUNGRY!!!!

With all these Glitter attempts, I now have to get another blue or purple habitat - can't make up my mind. Blue Lagoon is cheaper and quicker, but Purple Gardens looks better and has a higher coin limit..... decisions, decisions.....

savage_mel
09-13-15, 07:45 PM
Those Coral are the worst! because they have the same breeding time, you get your hopes up, and 10 hours later...another coral! ugh. Diamond and Nightstalker is what finally worked for me. Good luck!!

DeeDe99
09-13-15, 08:08 PM
I am a developer. I know how hard it is to write good software sometimes when you have competing interests....

As a developer you also know that perhaps the code isn't working as designed - it will be interesting to see if there are changes again - I say "again" only because the current consensus seems to be there has been a recent change.

It is possible that allowing Level 15 dragons has required a change and that the change is not necessarily working as intended. I'm only hypothesizing here, as I do find the whole situation rather curious.

mimiamelia
09-13-15, 08:09 PM
Nouveau on nest now, good luck to those still battling & congrats to those that finished.

Did not have to use gold to skip feeding, but I considered skipping the step where you have to level up splatter to 13 because it eats a LOT of food & is NOT very good in arena, but I thought since I have the food I may as well do it, maybe I'll even use splatter to breed prime dragons in the future.

For those that had to skip this step, I suggest in the future, stock up at least 200,000 apples. I noticed that each event requires more and more food than the ones before it; hopefully the next one won't be too bad. I think I had around 300,000 apples before the event, and I have been planting rushrooms whenever possible. I am back to having 300,000 apples now, so rushrooms really help.

Anyway, this has been an exhausting week, I don't think I can handle a tourney any time soon. Good luck all!

P.S. I'm very glad that the battles for today is easier than the ones for yesterday. :)

rummie55
09-13-15, 08:14 PM
For bat try rainbow or green&white dragon or cosmic or champion,archangel,moon or lotus. All d best

rummie55
09-13-15, 08:16 PM
Finished all my three account without using no single gold. Goodluck to those still playing.

CoodieBug
09-13-15, 08:32 PM
I will say this... On the flip side it does appear that during tournaments , dragons nobody has any business beating easily do beat them. Usually this seems to be the prize dragon at the end. People generally beat this dragon quickly... within 1-4 attempts. If true odds were being used, people might simply not bother doing tourneys as alot of the time you have 10% chance on these and could go on really horrendous losing streaks. This is another thing that makes me believe that odds are being manipulated.... this time in our favor.

If the odds are being manipulated (both for us and against) its not balanced. I am a developer. I know how hard it is to write good software sometimes when you have competing interests.... But IMO it should be all about being fair to the customer. From what I see that is currently not the case.

Well--it's over for me--even though I have 3 hours left, it's bed time so I used my last gold to basically prove a point to myself--I just lost 9 times with any possible dragons available to no avail--TL are slim alps--I played in good faith only to loose at the very end--I will never beat my head against the wall again!!!

CoodieBug
09-13-15, 08:33 PM
Well--it's over for me--even though I have 3 hours left, it's bed time so I used my last gold to basically prove a point to myself--I just lost 9 times with any possible dragons available to no avail--TL are slim alps--I played in good faith only to loose at the very end--I will never beat my head against the wall again!!!

Slime bags I meant!!!!

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 08:53 PM
As a developer you also know that perhaps the code isn't working as designed - it will be interesting to see if there are changes again - I say "again" only because the current consensus seems to be there has been a recent change.

It is possible that allowing Level 15 dragons has required a change and that the change is not necessarily working as intended. I'm only hypothesizing here, as I do find the whole situation rather curious.

There could be something wrong for sure. It's not just recent though. It's been this way starting a good amount of time before the lvl 15 changes.

I would be shocked if they aren't doing massive amounts of unit testing and functional testing though at a big commercial gaming shop like this....which is why I think their answer would be "working as intended".

Just wish what was intended was either more fair or transparent.

CoodieBug
09-13-15, 09:10 PM
I'm afraid fairness goes out the window when their bottom line is MONEY. I think they have become too big for their britches--eventually will be the fall of the "Roman Empire."

CoodieBug
09-13-15, 09:15 PM
I'm afraid fairness goes out the window when their bottom line is MONEY. I think they have become too big for their britches--eventually will be the fall of the "Roman Empire."

Eventually there will be a "better business bureau" for the Internet--then TL won't be able to get away with their shoddy antics

KadeeDid
09-13-15, 09:19 PM
Thank you to everyone who offered help. I finished the event. The first one involving battles that I was able to complete. I did use the wikia. I used gold rather than level my Splatter up past 10. I also used a bit of gold to speed up the arena a few times as time was getting tight. I used an Ultimate on the Angel Dragon (an Ultra Rare) as it wasn't listed and I knew I had nothing to beat it.

I really appreciate all the suggestions and testing others do in the tournaments. I have been playing a few years, am level 100 but dislike the battle arena and have thought of quitting even though Dragon story was my first TL game. I still do not have a diamond or any champions.

CoodieBug
09-13-15, 09:20 PM
Sorry I'm so negative you guys but I'm really disappointed!!!! (Especially due to all my precious time that went into a frustrating venture--at least I got two dragons out of it)!!!

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 09:30 PM
Thank you to everyone who offered help. I finished the event. The first one involving battles that I was able to complete. I did use the wikia. I used gold rather than level my Splatter up past 10. I also used a bit of gold to speed up the arena a few times as time was getting tight. I used an Ultimate on the Angel Dragon (an Ultra Rare) as it wasn't listed and I knew I had nothing to beat it.

I really appreciate all the suggestions and testing others do in the tournaments. I have been playing a few years, am level 100 but dislike the battle arena and have thought of quitting even though Dragon story was my first TL game. I still do not have a diamond or any champions.

You'll get one eventually. I spent several months trying for one though.

I have yet to get one diamond Arctic dragon. I have probably tried a few hundred times.

In other news, I just lost again.. this time on battle 4 of Chapter 10. A 60% chance dragon. I am going to end up battling over 40 times to win a total of 14 battle arena matches (chapters 8, 9 and 10) for this event. Every single one of these battles but 3 were with dragons that had a 55% or better chance to win.... most of them being in the 65-80% range. The 3 that weren't were 45% chances. I'm a lvl 150 player with a strong set of arena dragons.

Now... tell me.... is the Battle Arena not being manipulated?

This game has got to the point where its not fun anymore. The events have become much more difficult. The battle arena has become an absolute joke. Nobody wants to spend every waking hour trying to complete an event or tournament. Nobody wants to use all of their gold on completing them. Nobody wants to be left with no food to upgrade their dragons due to events/tournaments. Nobody wants to be subjected to gold traps that are all over the place within the game (including my favorite one where you open the game and it's magically on the food buying screen when loaded and you slip with your finger... or you get the advertisements when loaded and are closing them out and the food buying screen is there).

It's a real problem when greed is a priority over game design. The only way we change that is to voice our displeasure, so please... let them know... with your voice or your wallet.

lnztrekfan
09-13-15, 09:51 PM
Ok I have made it to last chapter and act. I have 2 and a half hours to complete and have spent all my gold. I have to complete a practice makes perfect quest that takes 3 hours. So I'm over by 30 min.!!! To complete my quest it will take 19 gold and I only have 5 left. I figure if I wait that total will come down but I don't know exactly what time or how much. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to be my neighbor? And that could send gold? I have never posted anything like this so I don't know if it is even allowed. If not I apologize. If you would consider sending me gold I would definitely return it multiple times and u wouldn't have to send it back after this once. My id is lnztrekfan the first letter is a lowercase L. Thank you all sincerely.

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 09:54 PM
Ok I have made it to last chapter and act. I have 2 and a half hours to complete and have spent all my gold. I have to complete a practice makes perfect quest that takes 3 hours. So I'm over by 30 min.!!! To complete my quest it will take 19 gold and I only have 5 left. I figure if I wait that total will come down but I don't know exactly what time or how much. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to be my neighbor? And that could send gold? I have never posted anything like this so I don't know if it is even allowed. If not I apologize. If you would consider sending me gold I would definitely return it multiple times and u wouldn't have to send it back after this once. My id is lnztrekfan the first letter is a lowercase L. Thank you all sincerely.

The last act of chapter 10 is to win 5 battle arena matches. So you would still have quite a bit of work left to do. You won't make it without buying gold. Ah wait... you don't have the battle arena yet do you.

I'd help you with gold, but I have sent the totally awesome max limit of 3 gold per day already to neighbors. That 3 gold gift limit per day is another absolute joke. With where things have gone in this game, they could easily up that to 20 gifts per day and people would still spend all their gold through events/tourneys/gold traps.

jacksusa
09-13-15, 09:55 PM
If TL could just understand, (or if their CFO could, they would know that people like me would BUY gold, we would, except we have GOLD TRAPS! Which for me, keeps me keeps me from buying gold that I would use INTENTIONALLY! Sorry to yell, but don't know any other way to get what I mean, across!o

I have yet to get one diamond Arctic dragon. I have probably tried a few hundred times.

In other news, I just lost again.. this time on battle 4 of Chapter 10. A 60% chance dragon. I am going to end up battling over 40 times to win a total of 14 battle arena matches (chapters 8, 9 and 10) for this event. Every single one of these battles but 3 were with dragons that had a 55% or better chance to win.... most of them being in the 65-80% range. The 3 that weren't were 45% chances. I'm a lvl 150 player with a strong set of arena dragons.

This game has got to the point where its not fun anymore. The events have become much more difficult. The battle arena has become an absolute joke. Nobody wants to spend every waking hour trying to complete an event or tournament. Nobody wants to use all of their gold on completing them. Nobody wants to be left with no food to upgrade their dragons due to events/tournaments. Nobody wants to be subjected to gold traps that are all over the place within the game (including my favorite one where you open the game and it's magically on the food buying screen when loaded and you slip with your finger... or you get the advertisements when loaded and are closing them out and the food buying screen is there).

It's a real problem when greed is a priority over game design. The only way we change that is to voice our displeasure, so please... let them know... with your voice or your wallet.

lnztrekfan
09-13-15, 10:01 PM
I'm a lower level so most of my tales has not been the same as what has been listed. I'm enclosing a pic.

It also wouldn't have been so bad but I had to level my dragon from 8 to 9 and didn't have 40000 food so for me to skip that it cost 75 gold! Which pretty much wiped me out!

The last act of chapter 10 is to win 5 battle arena matches. So you would still have quite a bit of work left to do. You won't make it without buying gold.

I'd help you with gold, but I have sent the totally awesome max limit of 3 gold per day already to neighbors. That 3 gold gift limit per day is another absolute joke. With where things have gone in this game, they could easily up that to 20 gifts per day and people would still spend all their gold through events/tourneys/gold traps.

jallipen
09-13-15, 10:47 PM

Look: I'm not a kid but a hardworking adult. I have spent my money in games and apps, and will do so in the future. But not in DS, as much as I liked it.

Not greed, you say? Then what are the gold traps, the carefully mispositioned buttons, the absence of confirmation button to spend your hard saved gold, or tweaking the odds so that your players have to battle almost impossible combats when they are running out of dear time.

It is absolutely obvious in the case of Dragon Story.

I had just retaken the game for the event, but suddenly realized why I quit in the first place. Not a noob here, but I treasure my time and money and DS wants to rip me off of them both.

KadeeDid
09-13-15, 11:05 PM

Sorry. I already sent my 3 gold today. Rest would be another hour or so.

chuckyt888
09-13-15, 11:36 PM
Finally finished with 40 minutes left and not one piece of gold spent. I had to spend every waking hour this weekend on the game; however, in order to do it. ~40 battles to beat chapters 8, 9 and 10 arena battles (14 wins needed). Every battle but 3 was with dragons that had 55%-85% chances of winning... most in the 65-85% range. The 3 that were less than 55% were 45%.

Not what I would call fun at all sadly. Hopefully S8/TL sees the direction this is all heading.

lnztrekfan
09-14-15, 12:02 AM
With 6 minutes left I was able to finish my quest for 5 gold and get my Nouveau dragon! :) happy to have gotten her but I do not think I will be trying to complete any more dragon tales events. I will be happy with the lower level dragons from the event. If anyone wants any more neighbors just send me a request. Thank you for responding to my post Kadeedid and chuckyt888. :)

isdrottning
09-14-15, 12:10 AM
Please explain. How do I raise Splatter dragon to level 13 when MAX LEVEL IS 10! (chapter 10 act 3). My Splatter dragon is already at 10. Gold trap? I refuse to spend gold to a goal that is impossible to start with. Non of my dragons can be raised to 13, 10 is max. I am on android btw.

chuckyt888
09-14-15, 12:17 AM
Please explain. How do I raise Splatter dragon to level 13 when MAX LEVEL IS 10! (chapter 10 act 3). My Splatter dragon is already at 10. Gold trap? I refuse to spend gold to a goal that is impossible to start with. Non of my dragons can be raised to 13, 10 is max. I am on android btw.

You have to buy a building that allows you to feed dragons over level 10. I believe it's called a Noble Crystal but could be wrong. I'd skip it with gold unless you have a ton of food on hand.

zyfazix
09-14-15, 12:38 AM
Chapter 8 indeed requires a red hedge for level 109

isdrottning
09-14-15, 12:45 AM
You have to buy a building that allows you to feed dragons over level 10. I believe it's called a Noble Crystal but could be wrong. I'd skip it with gold unless you have a ton of food on hand.

Thank you! I found it. You were correct it is called Noble Crystal. I do not have a ton of food ...or gold. See if I can finish that polar pop challange we got and get some gold.

Sumercarefree
09-14-15, 12:58 AM
Yes gold traps . Took 200 gold from me in exchange for food ( accidentally pressed wrong button as was tired).

CoodieBug
09-14-15, 01:19 AM

Chucky you're a person after my own heart--do you think TL reads this--I somehow think they don't care how many people are inferiorated, frustrated and disgusted with them. They turn great games into self-sabotaging tools that make us feel used and drained. No fun anymore to play their way!

CoodieBug
09-14-15, 01:25 AM
Look: I'm not a kid but a hardworking adult. I have spent my money in games and apps, and will do so in the future. But not in DS, as much as I liked it.

Not greed, you say? Then what are the gold traps, the carefully mispositioned buttons, the absence of confirmation button to spend your hard saved gold, or tweaking the odds so that your players have to battle almost impossible combats when they are running out of dear time.

It is absolutely obvious in the case of Dragon Story.

I had just retaken the game for the event, but suddenly realized why I quit in the first place. Not a noob here, but I treasure my time and money and DS wants to rip me off of them both.

So true--I agree with you Jallipen

belbar22
09-14-15, 01:30 AM
Aargh I completed everything last night, went to bed and this morning when I got up it has rolled back and I have an option to purchase the final dragon. I did take a picture of the dragon in my storage but it was the name of the dragon and the whirly circle you get when the app reloads all the images. Hope this will be sufficient proof that I had it. Very fed up cos have spent about 100 gold on this.

Bastiaan0
09-14-15, 01:38 AM
Yes!!!!!! What a wonderful day :)
I did it, Nouveau dragon is now hatching!!!
Used 30 gold to speed up battles in chapter 9 as I god stuck on a Forbidden dragon (finally beating it with Night) to be able to prepare the first 3 acts of chapter 10. Then... got very lucky playing six rounds to beat five dragons :D
Adding the 15 gold I had to spend because I fed the Splatter dragon to early, I think that isn't to much of a waste of gold...

I don't think I can play next dragon tale to the end as I also have to go to work, I might concentrate on the first two dragons. As I said before, I don't think these tales are fair, but I'm very happy to have completed at least one!

isdrottning
09-14-15, 02:28 AM
Throwing in the towel. Got the gold so I spent it so I would have to feed Splatter dragon, did the same with comic. Only to realise that I have to evolove comic!!! Despite the fact that I did read the list in the beggining of the forum. Totally last day brainfreeze. Brainfreeze, yes that is my excuse and I am sticking with it... I am so stupid. 50 gold spent for nothing. Got 15 back though for chapter 9. Did not help that I earlier got stuck in battle for 2 days! Art Gala and torurnamnet coincided. Stuck on Warrior Prince. Congrats to you who finished and good look to you who are still at it. I am out

tastytoastie
09-14-15, 03:18 AM
This maybe stupid but how doyou riase a dragon bestond lvl 10??? Been out of the game for awhile... Nowhere a feedingbutton?

rado_nik
09-14-15, 03:22 AM
This maybe stupid but how doyou riase a dragon bestond lvl 10??? Been out of the game for awhile... Nowhere a feedingbutton?

Get from store-Buildings Nobel Crystal for 500k and you be able to feed your dragons over 10 lvl

harshika22
09-14-15, 04:08 AM
Can someone help me please!!!!

i'm currently on chapter 9 still doing the battle task. Now task 3 is to feed the comic dragon 10 times. I've foolishly evolved this dragon to level 10 already. I have around 120k food so I believe that should be enough to finish this task.

The problem is, in chapter 10 one of the tasks is to raise the comic dragon to level 10. If I feed it 10 times in chapter 9, it will reach level 13. So when I reach chapter 10, will the game still acknowledge that my dragon is past level 10 and finish that task automatically? Because I do not want to spend 135 gold to finish that task. If it does not acknowledge that, then I will have wasted all my food in chapter 9 finishing task 3 by feeding it 10 times.

I'm sorry for this weird explanation. I really cannot think of a better way of putting my predicament into words.

Sandybellee
09-14-15, 04:20 AM
I'm sorry to read about so many not being able to finish the event and being surprised about the tasks.

Just want to say like others have already pointed out that it is absolutely vitally important to be well prepared for a Tales event. What I mean by that is reading through all the required steps before even starting and checking back (preferably multiple times) every day if there has been any changes. That means keeping up with the latest information in the thread and on the wiki page.

You should also carefully calculate the amount of food needed for each step, how much food you have and can make during the event and check all the skipping costs for each step and make your own strategy based on all this information. Then there should be no surprises along the way and you can avoid costly mistakes.

You can then also decide to even skip the event before investing any time or resources for it if it looks like too much.

All the information and answers are here at your disposal. These events are very demanding so you will do yourself an enormous favor by using the information to come up with a game plan from the very start.

I have only been playing a few months but have been able to complete all three Dragon Tales events that have occured during that time because I have studied all the information carefully and made a strategy based on it. No surprises, no unforseen costs. Good luck to us all in future events!

Sandybellee
09-14-15, 04:22 AM
Can someone help me please!!!!

i'm currently on chapter 9 still doing the battle task. Now task 3 is to feed the comic dragon 10 times. I've foolishly evolved this dragon to level 10 already. I have around 120k food so I believe that should be enough to finish this task.

The problem is, in chapter 10 one of the tasks is to raise the comic dragon to level 10. If I feed it 10 times in chapter 9, it will reach level 13. So when I reach chapter 10, will the game still acknowledge that my dragon is past level 10 and finish that task automatically? Because I do not want to spend 135 gold to finish that task. If it does not acknowledge that, then I will have wasted all my food in chapter 9 finishing task 3 by feeding it 10 times.

I'm sorry for this weird explanation. I really cannot think of a better way of putting my predicament into words.

Hi,

Yes, it should acknowledge it no problem. :)

fhjigfrf
09-14-15, 04:29 AM
4 battles left and then I'm done. I have 19 hours...should be doable.

Despite reading all the steps, I missed that there was a "feed Comic dragon" on day 9. I'd already evolved it up to 10. Then I had a ton of food so I didn't skip feeding the splatter dragon. Had to spend 30 gold to skip feeding the comic dragon (after feeding it up one level - so I'm out a ton of food anyway). Oh well. 30 gold plus maybe a few for the battle arena today isn't bad for the nouveau dragon.

harshika22
09-14-15, 04:31 AM
Hi,

Yes, it should acknowledge it no problem. :)

Thank you so much Sandybellee :). I am so relieved :D :D. Almost thought I would have to quit the event :(.

DeeDe99
09-14-15, 04:45 AM
Excellent advice Sandy.

PrincessCouture2014
09-14-15, 05:29 AM
Well even after spending 100 gold I didn't win the dragon. Lesson learnt. NEVER SPEND GOLD ON TALES even if its free. (I haven't bought any gold). I hate gold traps too. Well I don't know whether or not I will participate in next tales coz the tournament and tales mean u can't breed and evolve freely.

PrincessCouture2014
09-14-15, 05:46 AM
I'm sorry to read about so many not being able to finish the event and being surprised about the tasks.

Just want to say like others have already pointed out that it is absolutely vitally important to be well prepared for a Tales event. What I mean by that is reading through all the required steps before even starting and checking back (preferably multiple times) every day if there has been any changes. That means keeping up with the latest information in the thread and on the wiki page.

You should also carefully calculate the amount of food needed for each step, how much food you have and can make during the event and check all the skipping costs for each step and make your own strategy based on all this information. Then there should be no surprises along the way and you can avoid costly mistakes.

You can then also decide to even skip the event before investing any time or resources for it if it looks like too much.

All the information and answers are here at your disposal. These events are very demanding so you will do yourself an enormous favor by using the information to come up with a game plan from the very start.

I have only been playing a few months but have been able to complete all three Dragon Tales events that have occured during that time because I have studied all the information carefully and made a strategy based on it. No surprises, no unforseen costs. Good luck to us all in future events!

Totally agree!.. I couldn't get the last dragon coz I was so excited that I started it unprepared. I didn't know that WE CAN START WHENEVER WE WANT. I thought I habe only 10 days. Even then my own mistakes of keeping den, nest and temple busy is what caused me this failure. but this much planning is what makes this game not fun.

Hawk1
09-14-15, 05:55 AM
Totally agree!.. I couldn't get the last dragon coz I was so excited that I started it unprepared. I didn't know that WE CAN START WHENEVER WE WANT. I thought I habe only 10 days. Even then my own mistakes of keeping den, nest and temple busy is what caused me this failure. but this much planning is what makes this game not fun.

Everyone takes something different from the game, breeding and evolving seems to do it for you, I like the planning for dragon tales. The main thing about games is it's your game to play as you wish and they are about having fun. If events and tournaments aren't fun for you then skip them.

I also think the device you play on can make a huge difference, playing on a mini iPad makes it easier to not fall into those gold traps everyone dislikes. I know the frustration level can be high when something occurs through the slip of a finger and there's not a thing you can do about it, but I hope most remember it is only a game.

larney84
09-14-15, 06:22 AM
All of the Art Gala Chapters and Acts for those players BELOW LEVEL 31.

Chapter 1 (3 Acts)

1. Plant Buffbeets (7). (Skip: 7Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Plant Buffbeets (2), (Skip: 2 Gold)
2. Harvest Buffbeets (7). (Skip: 7Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Harvest Buffbeets (2), (Skip: 2 Gold)
3. Visit 2 Community Members. (Skip: 7Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, same Act 3 but (Skip: 2 Gold)
Prize: Splatter Dragon If below Lvl 31, same prize.

Chapter 2 (3 Acts)

1. Harvest Impruberries (6). (Skip: 6Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Harvest Impruberries (4). (Skip: 4 Gold)
2. Feed your Splatter Dragon (15 times). (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, same act requirement but done as Act 3/3 not 2/3, (Skip: 15 Gold)
3. Harvest Fireapples (7). (Skip: 14Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, this is Act 2/3 not 3/3, Harvest Firapples (4), (Skip: 4 Gold)
Prize: 410Exp20px 21,000Coin20px If below Lvl 31, 6500 coins & 140XP

Chapter 3 (3 Acts) If below Lvl 31, only (2 Acts).

1. Breed a Forest Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, not required.
2. Feed your Splatter Dragon (15 times). (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Feed your Splatter Dragon (10 times). (Skip: 10 Gold)
3. Complete 1 Practice Makes Perfect. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, same Act 3. (Skip: 15 Gold) + 2000 coins upon completion.
Prize: 5 Mystic Map If below Lvl 31, same prize.

Chapter 4 (2 Acts)

1. Craft a Blue Hedge. (Skip: 20Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Craft a SPELL SCROLL (1). (Skip: 12 Gold)
2. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 55Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Plant firapples (6). (Skip: 12 Gold)
Prize: 1 Work in Progress If below Lvl 31, same prize.

Chapter 5 (4 Acts) If below Lvl 31, only (3 Acts) not 4.

1. Spend 300,000 Coins on Decorations. (Skip: 10Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, not required.
2. Raise a Splatter Dragon to Level 7. (Skip: 7Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, same Act but done as Act 1/3 and change to (Skip: 14 Gold)
3. Harvest Pumpwings (7). (Skip: 17Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Act 2/3 - Harvest Pumpwings (4). (Skip: 8 Gold)
4. Breed a Light Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Act 3/3 - Breed a Magic Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15 Gold)
Prize: 10,000 Firapples If below Lvl 31, 5000 Firapples.

Chapter 6 (3 Acts)

1. Breed a Magic Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Breed a Water Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15 Gold)
2. Raise an Splatter Dragon to level 10. (Skip: 30Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Complete Practice Makes Perfect. (Skip: 15 Gold). + 2000 coins for completion.
3. Win 3 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 85Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Craft a Blue Hedge. (Skip: 18 Gold)
Prize: Comic Dragon If below Lvl 31, same prize.

Chapter 7 (4 Acts) If below Lvl 31, only (3 Acts) not 4.

1. Complete 1 Practice Makes Perfect. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, same Act 1/3. +2000 coins for completion.
2. Raise a Comic Dragon to Level 4. (Skip: 4Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Feed Your Comic Dragon (15 times) (Skip: 15 Gold)
3. Craft a Blue Hedge.(?) (Skip: 30Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Same Act 3 (Skip: 12 Gold)
4. Breed a Night Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Not required as no Act 4, only 3 Acts
Prize: 410Exp20px 21,000Coin20px If below Lvl 31, 140XP & 7500 coins

Chapter 8 (4 Acts) If below Lvl 31, only (3 Acts) not 4.

1. Breed a Virtue Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Spend Coins on Decorations (100,000) (Skip: 15 Gold)
2. Raise a Comic Dragon to Level 7. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, exact same Act.
3. Craft a Blue Hedge.(?) (Skip: 20Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Craft a Red Hedge (Skip: 16 Gold)
4. Win 4 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 95Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Not required as no Act 4, only 3.
Prize: 1 Masterpiece If below Lvl 31, same prize.

Chapter 9 (4 Acts)

1. Win 5 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 135Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Raise your Splatter Dragon to level 9. (Skip: 30 Gold)
2. Complete 2 Practice Makes Perfect. (Skip: 30Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Same act but different gold to skip (Skip: 30 Gold) + 2x 500 food

3. Feed your Splatter Dragon (10 times). (Skip: 10Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Harvest Pumpwings (4 times) (Skip: 12 Gold)
4. Feed your Comic Dragon (10 times). (Skip: 30Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Craft a Blue Hedge (Skip: 12 Gold)
Prize: 15 Gold20px If below Lvl 31, 10 Gold

Chapter 10 (4 Acts)

1. Craft a Blue Hedge.(?) (Skip: 20Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Harvest Pumpwings (6 times) (Skip: 12 Gold)
2. Raise a Comic Dragon to Level 10. (Skip: 295Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Craft a Red Hedge (Skip: 16 Gold)
3. Complete 1 Practice Makes Perfect. (Skip: 15Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Raise Your Comic Dragon to Level 9 (Skip: 75 Gold)
4. Win 5 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 135Gold20px) If below Lvl 31, Complete 2 Practice Makes Perfect (2 times) (Skip: 30 Gold)
Prize: Nouveau Dragon If below Lvl 31, same prize

Done

larney84
09-14-15, 06:45 AM
Well I'm glad that's done. I have never taken a mobile game so seriously! It's kind of crazy to get so caught up with it all. As a new player (maybe approx a month) I'd never heard of Dragon Tales and had no idea what I was starting when I woke up that morning and clicked Start.

I'd never used the forum and had only looked at the other page to see what I was breeding or hatching because the suspense would get me. This forums has been so helpful to get my head around it all. I'm so glad my first one was scaled back due to starting under Lvl 31 (which I'm def over now). It was a lot easier than what I've seen everyone else have to do but I can say the hardest part was that because there was no information posted there was no way to plan, prep stuff to be collected at a certain time and calculate food costs etc ahead of time as has been advised ppl do for the best chances of completing. So I really hope that for the future newbies coming through that someone else will do this for them because although the tasks are level adjusted it's not easy when you come in with no clue. I was constantly tying up the wrong thing because of the differences as I took a gamble that certain things would be in the same order or the same task. I hope someone else has been finding my below Lvl 31 posts helpful and it has saved them from making a lot of the mistakes I made.

I didn't get through without using up gold. I didn't have enough food or time in Chapt 10 so I pretty much used up everything I had to get through. I know I'll be better prepared for the next one and having done this and seeing the reality of how much effort and planning it can take to get through I'm actually feeling pretty good about not finishing future ones at this stage. As many said much earlier on in the forum just getting the first two would be a great bonus and it's after that it gets much more full on. So while I'm happy to have my dragon, for less gold than they cost in the market, I think this will be my first and only Dragon Tales to complete. And that's okay with me.

And glad you were able to finish with the 5 gold you had left lnztrekfan. Sorry I couldn't help, hours too late and I send my gold off as soon as it becomes available.

DeeDe99
09-14-15, 06:52 AM
Everyone takes something different from the game, breeding and evolving seems to do it for you, I like the planning for dragon tales. The main thing about games is it's your game to play as you wish and they are about having fun. If events and tournaments aren't fun for you then skip them.

I also think the device you play on can make a huge difference, playing on a mini iPad makes it easier to not fall into those gold traps everyone dislikes. I know the frustration level can be high when something occurs through the slip of a finger and there's not a thing you can do about it, but I hope most remember it is only a game.

Very good points Hawke. I too liked the planning and I like the breeding. The tournament I wasn't so enamoured of, but aware as I am so new, I lack battle-ready dragons. But yes, people can pick and choose the aspects they enjoy and leave the rest.

I agree re the iPad. Don't think I've misspent at all since switching to the larger screen. The colour isn't as intense, but still great.

hon3ycomb
09-14-15, 07:07 AM
I'm only glad that it's finally over. Ofc I'm also glad to win the last prize but hey, I can rest in peace now!

pernmagic
09-14-15, 07:24 AM
Very good points Hawke. I too liked the planning and I like the breeding. The tournament I wasn't so enamoured of, but aware as I am so new, I lack battle-ready dragons. But yes, people can pick and choose the aspects they enjoy and leave the rest.

I agree re the iPad. Don't think I've misspent at all since switching to the larger screen. The colour isn't as intense, but still great.

Well said DeDe99 I know you are a newbie, if it's any help I have posted some some info in the jigsaw dragon thread which may help you sort of plan and help with the tournament difficulties as you work through the learning of this .... Something even I'm still doing and still can get very wrong sometimes :)

tengoambre123
09-14-15, 07:52 AM

yeah, i usually read through step by step but this was a crazy week b/c i was back to my grad school classes. i even remember the feeling of going "let me feed this splatter dragon then check the forum for whats next". lol, oh well

BiteMe111
09-14-15, 08:08 AM
I'm only on day 7 (I'm on Android and started later) but just asking ahead: in the last chapter, if you want to bypass feeding the Splatter past level 10, you pay 10 gold to skip the whole step altogether, not 10 gold to skip *each* feeding?

owa411
09-14-15, 08:10 AM
Didn't get the final dragon, spent most of my apples to get 2 lvl 15 ones...

orleansparish
09-14-15, 08:24 AM
I finished this on my account by throwing gold at 2 or 3 battles because I wasn't about to spend my Sunday messing about with foolish dragons.

On my 2nd account where the last battle drahon I won was ninja I really wanted to finish. The last country picnic thingy was also the first and last I finished since I'm only back playing this level 118 account. I need to play rush rooms six times in order to feed my drahon and get it to level ten. I have my hedge ready and then I'll need to win the five battles. I don't think that'll go easily because I'm assuming I'll have maybe 6-7 hours left. I have about 15 diamonds and diamond types but I'd have to win every single one the first time.

I don't have gold left over. Nor can I get any today. Which will suck big time. But still I won't give up and will keep trying. I really want that last dragon! Good luck, to all still going at it.

freshfunin2008
09-14-15, 08:25 AM
The randomness of the battle arena and the increase in food needed to raise some dragons to level 13 make these events tougher. This is an event for TL to make lots of money on gold purchases because many people have to skip here and skip there. Moving dragons to level 15 have depleted many players food stores. I though I had enough going in but the food goes fast. Lucky I used the skip 10 gold to get around raising Splatter to level 13 or I never would have been able to feed Cosmic to level 10.

freshfunin2008
09-14-15, 08:26 AM
Many players are realizing that you can't make food fast enough even if you stick with 1 and 5 hour crops through out the day.

belarica
09-14-15, 08:27 AM
On chapter 9, battle 5. I lost 3 times to rainbow 13 but been knocking them out easily afterwards.

Anaboe
09-14-15, 08:34 AM
Finished yesterday. Only took 31 gold:

* 21 gold because I put a Dawntree in the den instead of a Forest (both green, so that was my mistake) and forgot I could skip this for 15 gold instead of spending 21 gold on speeding the xxx thing.

* 10 gold because I didn't want to raise my Splatter Dragon to lvl 13, so I skipped that step.

Last days of batteling was difficult, because I made the mistake to put my lvl 15 Quetzal in the breeding den with my lvl 15 Rainbow Sentinel: both my best fighters in the arena.

For the rest, it was eazy breezy, except for the openingspost here, for there were a few mistakes in the list. I have 4 lvl 10 gold-giving dragons, so I don't mind spending a few gold here and there.

Congratz to everyone who finished, and good luck to those still struggeling :)

ratsinthecity
09-14-15, 08:48 AM
I'm only on day 7 (I'm on Android and started later) but just asking ahead: in the last chapter, if you want to bypass feeding the Splatter past level 10, you pay 10 gold to skip the whole step altogether, not 10 gold to skip *each* feeding?

CORRECT, it is 10 gold in total (not per feed) to skip feeding thousands of apples to level 13, its a steal of a deal, because you get 15 gold for the Chapter. So you will profit 5 gold.

delimiah
09-14-15, 11:12 AM
Really thankful for this forum and this thread particularly! Was able to read through all the chapters and acts required and thus able to prepare beforehand. During the event, I've kept my breeding den and evolution temple free since I've not been getting any new dragons from breeding anyway.

Only spent 25 golds skipping breeding the magic dragon and raising Splatter to lvl 13 (technically 10 golds since the reward for day 9 was 15 golds).
Still have 13 hours to go and 1 last battle for chapter 10 so I believe I should get the dragon ultimately.

Thanks again for all those who had posted tips and congrats to all who had won the dragon already! :)

Kennedward
09-14-15, 11:20 AM
Couldn't finish the event as I thought, but I'm happy with 2 new dragons :D

kimandamelia
09-14-15, 11:30 AM
Eventually there will be a "better business bureau" for the Internet--then TL won't be able to get away with their shoddy antics

I mentioned that to them when I emailed about the stealing gold from so many of us, I was wondering about the F C C. I'm sick of having hundreds of gold just vanish when no one intends to speed up things, that is how most of mine gets stolen.

detryx
09-14-15, 11:36 AM
I started the tales later so as not to have it at the same time with the tournament . It also gave me time to craft my chandelier and gather some food. I usually do so, because I can benefit as well with tips from other players 😉. So far it has worked out for me. I'm in chapter 7 now.

lauraleighashby
09-14-15, 11:45 AM
Finished last night but used ultimate on my last two battles because I was really tired and was afraid I would fall asleep before completing them.

fhjigfrf
09-14-15, 12:09 PM
I'm glad I fed my Splatter to level 13 - it just beat a level 14 Taurus and won me the Nouveau dragon.

I had an easy arena day - my only loss was Gilded Knight on my first attempt at the Taurus.

tromalyt
09-14-15, 01:08 PM
I gave up.

I started to dislike this type of events mainly because If you play them you cannot play the rest of the game. You cannot use the breeding den or the evolution temple or the quest outpost or the Spell shop because you may need them free just in case you are asked to use them on the next chapter. Also, I tried to plan ahead and follow the instructions found in the first post of this thread and I found that a couple of my missions were different from the ones posted in the first post of this thread, so planning ahead actually made things worse for me.

BiteMe111
09-14-15, 01:31 PM
CORRECT, it is 10 gold in total (not per feed) to skip feeding thousands of apples to level 13, its a steal of a deal, because you get 15 gold for the Chapter. So you will profit 5 gold.

Thanks a lot!

dala12
09-14-15, 01:35 PM
Cannot raise comic to level 10...food problem! 9 I did but I still have to battle 5 rounds so, I gave up. Second time I do not finish. So because I have a lot of dragons not even put on the nest...I do not try it anymore . I ran out of space and habitats.

zyfazix
09-14-15, 01:53 PM
Not having much luck in the battle arena on day 8. Lost a few times against Luck 12 and might not finish this task before Chapter 9 starts

freshfunin2008
09-14-15, 02:02 PM
You can carry the tasks from a previous day into a new day if you need too even if it puts you behind

orleansparish
09-14-15, 02:40 PM
Many players are realizing that you can't make food fast enough even if you stick with 1 and 5 hour crops through out the day.

Yeah, im out. I had enough food to feed the splatter to level 13 but getting comic to epic with the feeding 10 times, just couldnt be done. ALONG with having enough time to finish the battles, knowing darn well I wasnt going to win every single match up. Im annoyed at myself for using gems to speed breed whenever I got 23 hours in the den while trying for DA. But I shouldnt.

As I know this game is constantly finding ways to make boundaries so difficult whereas we have to use gold here or there.

ecxtasy
09-14-15, 02:54 PM
I keep getting nights over and over

savage_mel
09-14-15, 03:16 PM
I keep getting those on my other account! But its such a low level, I can't afford to keep them, at 500 000 coins for a habitat! lol

Kennedward
09-14-15, 04:20 PM
It seems a lot of players feel the same as I do, well I gave up pretty late, cause I was in Chapter 8, but yea I do agree that it's better to give up sooner, namely just finishing Chapter 6 and get your second dragon

glenngenius
09-14-15, 06:38 PM
Used about 61 gold in speeding up half of chapter 9 and half of chapter 10. Thank you for the guidelines posted in this forum, I was able to strategize and finish my first ever Dragon Tales event. Looking forward to finish the next events without speeding up or spending lesser gold bars. :)

ozigal
09-14-15, 08:46 PM
As a newbie to this particular game of TL I was well under stocked in food n had no reputable fighting dragons ,if not for the good people on this forum I wouldn't have had a clue which way was up. I have learnt a lot. I would like to thank all for their ideas and tips.my first job now is to upgrade my small farms, get some dragons on steroids lol, my poor babies are battered and bruised. Thanks again to all who take the time to post..

cdreams1980
09-14-15, 09:34 PM
Super frustrated. I need to win 2 more battles in chapter 10 and I only have 2 1/2 hours so I have to win each one in one try. Not going to happen with the way my luck has been going in the battle arena. Would have rather spent the food leveling up one of my champion dragons instead of splatter to lvl 13. I refuse to spend any gold.

DeeDe99
09-14-15, 09:38 PM
As a newbie to this particular game of TL I was well under stocked in food n had no reputable fighting dragons ,if not for the good people on this forum I wouldn't have had a clue which way was up. I have learnt a lot. I would like to thank all for their ideas and tips.my first job now is to upgrade my small farms, get some dragons on steroids lol, my poor babies are battered and bruised. Thanks again to all who take the time to post..

Yes, being a newbie was interesting! Although I got to the end, I do feel I should have sat this one out; just watched and learnt for next time. I have my evolution temple tied up for the next 88 hours - Diamond then Crusader - so I can feed them up! Crusader was a complete surprise out of the Virtue required breeding.

Gr1zz_LeBear
09-14-15, 10:26 PM
I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it, when I got to this point but I'm glad I didn't skip!

On the other hand, just be glad you didn't get wait times like this...

I had a dragon hatch with no bombs or dynamite awarded. I was at 0 for both, before and after hatching.

dala12
09-14-15, 10:29 PM
It is not true that you say that you can win this game...when you have no food it is end of game! You cannot spend your gold for this. Even if you skip sometimes. I think I can spend my gold for something different. You must think if you want the last dragon so bad that you spend gold for it. I have decided not to do that. And thank you for the list that I can go and plan ahead. But you have to know that I have ten dragons in my chest that are waiting for a place in the nest.....

twospoons
09-14-15, 11:05 PM
Well, I liked the nouveau enough that it was worth it to me: 10g to skip raising splatter to 13 so that I had enough food to raise comic to 10, 12g to get past a diamond hybrid because they're so hard to beat with no diamonds of my own, and I think 15ish gold to speed up the arena. Like I said, worth it, but I've really got to take it easy on the gold for a while. It's so hard to give up once you've gotten to the last couple acts though! At least some of the gold I got back from chapter 9.

EnchantedG
09-15-15, 12:54 AM
Hello sv20144, You do not want to start breeding until the act asks you to. Once you select the 2 dragons and hit the breed button. that counts as completed. You do not have to wait for the dragons to finish breeding. Always wait till you are asked to do the task.

example : if it asks you to harvest (not plant) pumpwing (this requires 5 hours to complete), you can plant them the night before but do NOT collect them until it asks. Same with level your dragon. If it is raise splatter to level 7 = you can have it in the evolution flower ahead of time but do Not collect until it asks you to.

I noticed your join date if you are level 31 or below when you started this your tasks will have some differences. There was someone posting what those tasks were. (check previous posts for that info)

Several people have posted about getting the 33 hr virtue dragon. If you redo the light/white try blue/water breed times vary 4-17 hrs . For the next chapter magic/purple try yellow/air breed times vary 8-18 or with white times vary 6-17. some people have posted about getting titan which is a 32 hr breed time. You may want to check past post as others have asked what they should breed with a certain color.

Hope this helps. Good Luck

You are a life saver! this is exactly the info i am looking for, as i am stuck with Night and Water breed of 22 hrs and my new day has started with them still breeding and 16 hours left to finish! hence i was thinking if i could start with the crafting and evolution, but i wont click the ready button until the game task asks me to :D

Thanks a ton! am so glad i hunted for info here.

belarica
09-15-15, 04:23 AM
On chapter 10, beat 2 battles easily so far. ��

BiteMe111
09-15-15, 07:03 AM
I'm on chapter 7 and just wasted 4 hours because, as per the first post, I had a blue hedge ready but needed red. Could someone please confirm which hedges we need in chapters 9 and 10 so that, when I come to these, I don't do the same mistake?

belarica
09-15-15, 07:08 AM
Red hedges in 8 and 10.

Just finished chapter 10 without a single loss. Good luck everyone going still

BiteMe111
09-15-15, 07:38 AM
Red hedges in 8 and 10.

Just finished chapter 10 without a single loss. Good luck everyone going still

Thanks and congrats!

kittykatluv11
09-15-15, 08:27 AM
Argh, snagged on chapter 10. I followed the original text and did a blue hedge overnight. My reset is midnight -- bad timing! So i woke at 6:30 and had to start the hedge over again in red this time. So when that step is done, I'll only have about 11 hours to finish 5 battles. That's a tough one. But I haven't spent any gold yet on the tales.

saghaven
09-15-15, 09:36 AM
Finished last night. Nouveau is on the nest now.

Hawk1
09-15-15, 11:17 AM
Argh, snagged on chapter 10. I followed the original text and did a blue hedge overnight. My reset is midnight -- bad timing! So i woke at 6:30 and had to start the hedge over again in red this time. So when that step is done, I'll only have about 11 hours to finish 5 battles. That's a tough one. But I haven't spent any gold yet on the tales.

A new tournament just started so your battles will be easy. Good luck

VanaCatu
09-15-15, 09:51 PM
it's interesting way to announce tales for android.

"raise splatter dragon to lvl.13"

max. level for android dragons is 10.

so, game over.

thanks S8 for letting us take part in uncompletable quest! well done! :)

rasike
09-15-15, 10:49 PM
it's interesting way to announce tales for android.

"raise splatter dragon to lvl.13"

max. level for android dragons is 10.

so, game over.

thanks S8 for letting us take part in uncompletable quest! well done! :)

You have to buy a Noble Crystal from the Marketplace and you will be able to level up your dragons to level 15. I am on android too and I upgraded my Splatter to level 13, but it was so much food! I would suggest to pay 10 gold instead. You will get 15 gold for this quest, so there will still be a 5 gold profit.

DeeDe99
09-15-15, 11:14 PM
You have to buy a Noble Crystal from the Marketplace and you will be able to level up your dragons to level 15. I am on android too and I upgraded my Splatter to level 13, but it was so much food! I would suggest to pay 10 gold instead. You will get 15 gold for this quest, so there will still be a 5 gold profit.

Plus you need to be on the Standard version on Android to buy the Noble Crystal - not the Picnic or other variation versions

VanaCatu
09-16-15, 01:31 AM
wow! noble crystal! thank u guys! )))
sorry i didn't thought they made it for droids.
i saw long time ago in wikia that dragons have already more lvls than 10 but i was sure it's for ios only.

ok, i got this building, no problems.
but u r right! next step for S8 sd be or more farms limit or new crop types giving massive qtty of food!
whoa!

VanaCatu
09-16-15, 01:39 AM
sorry guys... is there anyhing else i've missed from this new update for droids? now i know about
- tales
- new expansions
- and lvl.15
smth more is available? cannot find exact forum topic listing new possibilities...

ahomeforme
09-16-15, 04:54 AM
Finished on second account. Spent 53g for skipping some tough consuming step. So glad to meet a new tourney. Thought I would have to spend more gold to ultimate battle coz this account has no champ.

My main account should finish the tale at round 13 of the tourney. Hopefully no gold will be needed to finish this tale. Thankfully it doesn't get to round 15.

zyfazix
09-16-15, 01:58 PM
Just finished. In total I think I've spend max 23 gold. 10 to skip feeding the Splatter dragon the last time, 8 to skip waiting for battles during the last day and up to 5 to speed up the Comic dragon evolving

belbar22
09-16-15, 02:18 PM
Aargh I completed everything last night, went to bed and this morning when I got up it has rolled back and I have an option to purchase the final dragon. I did take a picture of the dragon in my storage but it was the name of the dragon and the whirly circle you get when the app reloads all the images. Hope this will be sufficient proof that I had it. Very fed up cos have spent about 100 gold on this.

I have contacted support but have not yet had a reply apart from the one giving me a ticket number. Very upset. Has now been 4 days.

Passera
09-16-15, 04:24 PM
Just finished, dragon on the nest, no gold spent very little stress (forgot which habitat my Comic dragon was on lol)

jjblueyes
09-16-15, 10:25 PM
I should have skipped feeding splatter to 13. Dear lord it wiped me out. I thought going in with 200 thousand food at the first chapter & planting along the way would be ok but not so. I'm growing the food to finish up comic.

My kids are playing on android & they are very newbies. Level 18/19 something like that. They are happy getting the splatter dragon as there's no way they are going very far. Besides the food issues they don't have a battle arena yet nor do they have a virtue or night dragon. I forget how established you need to be to have a fighting chance. I'm 3 plus years in and the food almost got me. One chapter left. Congrats to all who got through, and good luck if you are on the final stretch as I am! Chin up! Almost done!
~Jen

B6x9js
09-17-15, 12:31 PM
I QUIT!!!!! First I didn't receive the 15 gold for completing chapter 9 then I get 500 gold stolen from me today the game loaded and went straight to the buy apples screen and told me congratulations so I QUIT. I know this will be deleted yet another way Storm8 says screw you to it's loyal players but at least I got it off my chest.

vizbiz11
09-17-15, 01:07 PM
This event never showed on my Android until today. I usually play either the Spring or Picnic version and this morning a timer showed on the screen giving me 17+ hours to complete this event. The timer has since disappeared on those versions. I downloaded the original version ( to get the Noble crystal) and the timer shows again. If the images post, you can see that in the original version, the timer on the hedge craft shows a progression. On the Picnic version it is blank.

What's going on?

I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy 4
Storm ID: vizbiz99

ndtrance
09-17-15, 01:45 PM
This event never showed on my Android until today. I usually play either the Spring or Picnic version and this morning a timer showed on the screen giving me 17+ hours to complete this event. The timer has since disappeared on those versions. I downloaded the original version ( to get the Noble crystal) and the timer shows again. If the images post, you can see that in the original version, the timer on the hedge craft shows a progression. On the Picnic version it is blank.

What's going on?

I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy 4
Storm ID: vizbiz99

To get the latest features on Android- dragon tales, noble crystal, prime dragons and increased land- you have to play the original version of Dragon Story. Not the Country picnic or other special versions but just plain Dragon Story.

If you play the original game and use the new features and then go back to Country picnic, the new features will not show on the Country picnic version. No noble crystal or prime dragons, no icons for Dragon Tales, no new land. However you will not lose progress, so yes you can switch back and forth between versions. If you want to continue to play Dragon Tales then you need to play the regular version of the game.

I play both the Country picnic and original Dragon Story because I have multiple devices. I have not personally had an issue with losing the progress I've made with the new updates but I also mostly play the original Dragon Story now. Hope this helps!

diner2u
09-18-15, 01:40 PM
The Dragons Tale building disappeared is this normal?

belarica
09-18-15, 02:32 PM
The Dragons Tale building disappeared is this normal?

Yep it's too bad, it's kinda nice having that space filled

janiebond007
09-23-15, 08:37 AM
okay, I'm all confused... I have android so I received the notification I'm now able to do dragon tales. I was playing the picnic version so I saw nothing. I downloaded the regular version and still nothing :( any advise?

redstar177
09-23-15, 08:45 AM
okay, I'm all confused... I have android so I received the notification I'm now able to do dragon tales. I was playing the picnic version so I saw nothing. I downloaded the regular version and still nothing :( any advise?

The notification wasn't for a current Tales event. It's letting Android players know to update and play on the ORIGINAL version of the game because there will be a new Takes event coming (likely this Friday)

hiabarara
09-23-15, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know the number of food it takes to get through this event? I searched the thread, but I only found a lot of different posts with many different numbers. Anyone have an accurate number? Or at least a rough number? There's a huge difference between 18k and 200k and I don't know what to believe D:

lauraleighashby
09-23-15, 09:30 AM
It is well over 200K if I recall correctly.

janiebond007
09-23-15, 09:32 AM
The notification wasn't for a current Tales event. It's letting Android players know to update and play on the ORIGINAL version of the game because there will be a new Takes event coming (likely this Friday)

Thanks! I'll just keep my eyes open.

hiabarara
09-25-15, 09:31 AM
When will the new event start? I thought it would be this Friday (read this assumption a couple times here). Is there a chance it'll be Tuesday? Just wondering because I try to save up food and coins, but I also want to continue expanding and leveling up my dragons.

Edit: Nevermind. It started :D