PDA

View Full Version : Which version should I put on my iPad?

DeeDe99
09-03-15, 11:49 PM
As readers will be aware, I have been playing Coutnry Picnic on a Samsung Galaxy S6. I got sick of the small screen size, so an iPad is arriving on Monday.

Reading the forums I have gathered some people are still playing and S8 is still releasing updates for, the original Dragon Story.

Plus, yes, I read all the lagging issues.

My question is, which version should I put on the iPad and transfer my user ID to?

If Country Picnic is the latest version, shouldn't I stick to that going forward? Will the "original" version people are referring to be retired in due course?

I'm not used to things with multiple versions being current in parallel unless there is a clear upgrade path - in this case I'm not sure if there is as I see several different versions referred to.

Would one or more of the experienced players like to help me out with background knowledge? I've tried researching but haven't really found the answers I seek......

PepperWoo
09-04-15, 12:17 AM
There are no versions in iOS like Android that would require separate app installations. Very rarely that there is a new version in iOS (like the Birthday edition) but even then, it would only update the existing app at the App Store. You just have to download the regular Dragon Story app and transfer your game there.

DeeDe99
09-04-15, 12:25 AM
Thank you PepperWoo. Every day I learn something new! So iOS don't have a "Country Picnic" version at all - or it was an update to the existing version?

PepperWoo
09-04-15, 12:53 AM
Thank you PepperWoo. Every day I learn something new! So iOS don't have a "Country Picnic" version at all - or it was an update to the existing version?

Yes, the Country Picnic version is exclusive to Android os. iOS only updates the original app itself through the App Store - none of the million different versions Android has.

DeeDe99
09-04-15, 12:59 AM
I hope I don't lose anything in the transfer. I'm going to catalog the "state of play" before I log in on the iOS device, just in case.

roguebee
09-04-15, 05:40 AM
Only thing you might lose is any Android only dragons you have. There's people on here that can confirm that. You'll gain playing options making the move.

[S8] Elsa
09-08-15, 02:46 PM
Only thing you might lose is any Android only dragons you have. There's people on here that can confirm that. You'll gain playing options making the move.

To confirm, you won't lose any Dragons by transferring your game to either platform. If you're playing on an older version of Dragon Story, you may not have access to all of the features which include some Dragons, so you'll want to make sure your original Dragon Story game is updated to the latest version.

DeeDe99
09-08-15, 05:31 PM
Elsa;1170596']To confirm, you won't lose any Dragons by transferring your game to either platform. If you're playing on an older version of Dragon Story, you may not have access to all of the features which include some Dragons, so you'll want to make sure your original Dragon Story game is updated to the latest version.

Elsa I am happy to report it went well. Only two oddities: the in-app purchases couldn't be processed but Apple say they've fixed that (I haven't tried since their notification) but that was an Apple issue, not S8. The second was those sparkles you already fixed, but as far as I can see that was not related to the move, it happened later, on the iOS platform.

So very happy, thank you. Am sure your note above will assist others too.