PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 09/03/15 Update - The Blythewood Faeries, Part 1

Pages : [1] 2

sourp4tch
09-03-15, 10:48 AM
Been waiting forever for ya! Listen, not all Faeries are the same! You didn't think we were, didja? Trust me when I tell ya we're just as varied as you humans! Help me free sis, you'll start to see that for yourself! Even now already, I think you're startin' to get the idea!

[==Update requires completion of The Usual Way! for one part and The Tabernum Connection for the other, and will be here to stay!==]

sourp4tch
09-03-15, 10:48 AM
The Blythewood Faeries, Part 1
prepared by SpiritWind
Main Storyline. Not timed.
Link to Main Goal Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=1168947&viewfull=1#post1168947)
Goal Pre-requisites: Must have completed The Usual Way (5a below) for one part and The Tabernum Connection (5b below) for the other part
Link to Goal Pictures (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=1168951&viewfull=1#post1168951)

Link to Part 1 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84455-Castle-Story-09-03-15-Update-The-Blythewood-Faeries-Part-1)
Link to Part 2 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84776-Castle-Story-09-17-Update-The-Blythewood-Faeries-Part-2)
Link to Part 3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88571-Castle-Story-1-28-Update-The-Blythewood-Faeries-Part-3)

Other Useful Information:

Extract from the Castle Story Outline Guide
53. Fickle Faeries - Main thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?83044-Castle-Story-07-09-Update-Fickle-Faeries) - Goal Guide (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=1141005&viewfull=1#post1141005)
Must have completed Hog Wild, which is the last Goal of the A Boar-ing Problem questline.
1. Fickle Faeries both 2a and 2b start when this goal is completed
2a. Magic R&D 3a starts when 2a completed
2b. Keep Calm And Search On 3b.Trinket Hunt starts when 2b completed
3a. Something There That Wasn't There Before
3b. Trinket Hunt!
4. Faerie Findings 5a and 5b start when this goal is completed
5a. The Usual Way!
5b. The Tabernum Connection
The Blythe Gem craft & the Enchanted Sap craft disappear from Faerie Workshop craft listing when complete.
In step 4, you get 1 Goddess Tree Notes when you visit Old Thomas, but still need to visit 3x to complete quest. (max inventory allowed is 1)

Extract from Inventory Guide on Living Wood sources:
Crafted: potion shop
Found: living wood tree (gem), sawmill, Ivy's hut, all normal trees, Magic garden, Sir Piggy, Feed the Baron, Adventures, Spooky tree, Goddess Tree, Grow Faeriebulb Seeds (craft in Greenhouse rare chance), Faerie Tea Party, Greselda's Dark Garden, Ornate Supply Crate Trade, a chance to win them from the Baron's Game Tent, Bidding Booth
Note: All living trees have the same drop rate of Living wood
Note: dead trees, old logs, plant in a log etc do not drop living wood.

Extract from Inventory Guide on Sap sources:
Found: sawmill, trees (all have the same rate), old log, sap tree, maple tree, adventures, Sir Pigglesworth, Ivy's hut, trapper trade, gift from neighbours. [Dead trees don't drop sap]

Extract from Inventory Guide on Faerie murmur
Found: all faerie buildings (Faerie tea party, Faerie flowerbed, Faerie respite, Goddess Tree, Trade with faeries, Faerie bridge), Magic garden

* Farmhouses - info on what you need to upgrade them with:
Level 1: 10 Stone, 10 Wood
Level 2: 10 Stone, 10 Wood, 20 Milk
Level 3: 2 Wood Beam, 2 Stone Block, 25 Eggs
Level 4: 4 Wood Beam, 4 Stone Block, 20 Milk, 20 Eggs
Level 5: 3 Fancy Beam, 3 Fancy Block, 30 Milk, 30 Eggs

If you want to get more coin cows and chickens:
500 coins: Cow - pet initial, then 4 pets every 3 minutes to grow to adult. Ready every 10 minutes.
750 coins: Chicken - pet initial, then 4 pets every 3 minutes to grow to adult. Ready every 30 minutes.

Notes on the goal from S8:
1. The Faerie Sap is a new permanent craft, after completing It's About Time - prior to this, it is available only during Something There That Wasn't There Before.
2. After completing Preemptive Provisions, you will then be able to purchase and build more Faerie Bulbs.
3. Likewise, the Blythewood Tree becomes unlocked for purchase after completing A Second Opinion.
4. There's some confusion regarding the rewarded Blythewood Trees - you will need to grow one Blythewood Tree during the goal Let's Try That Again. There are two different goals which reward one Blythewood Tree, so everyone is safe to go ahead and do what they wish with the first Blythewood Tree they receive even if they don't have that quest yet.

Goals for The Usual Way (part A):

1. A Closer Look
Meet with Lady Greselda (visit her once)
Rewards: 385 coin, 3xp

2. Better Consult An Expert
Give Lady Greselda the Tabernum Notes x1 (click give button)
Process Blythedust x10 (you get 1 Blythedust per collection)
Study the Tablet of Tabernum x5
Rewards: 1775 coin, 6xp

3. Regal Ramifications
Swear to a Pact of Secrecy. Tap button (shh)
Collect Blythewood tree sapling (found in inventory)

4. Let's try that again
Place tree
Water tree until it grows up (1 hr.) for 5 times
Chop 6 times get Blythedust, sap, living wood and wood.

5. Necessary Measures
Chop down 1 Blythewood Tree

6. More than Meets the Eye
Process Blythedust x 10 (collect from original Goddess Tree)
Visit Ivy's Hut x 1

7. A Second Opinion
Contemplate the Tabernum 1x (press THINK)

The Blythewood trees in the market unlocks upon completing goal 'A Second Opinion'. Then you can buy as many as you want for 5000 coins each:)

Goals for The Tabernum Connection (part B):
Collecting from 3 farmhouses (any level) will trigger this goal if it doesn't happen by itself.

1. It's About Time!
Have 3 x Level 5 farmhouses
Tend 20 animals

2. Preedle of Blythewood
Give Preedle the Blythe Gem
Examine the Goddess Tree x3
Reward: Faerie Bulb

3. Magic Collaboration
Place the Faerie Bulb (this is in your Inventory under the Buildings tab.)
Note: pressing the button does not take you to the Market. You need to go to your inventory tab yourself.

4. Faerie Discontent
Upgrade the Faerie Bulb to Level 2
De-stress over some Rooty Beers x3 DRINK at Tavern (visit tavern 3 times, or have 3 on board and collect all in one go)

5. For Glimmer or Blythe?
Upgrade the Faerie Bulb to Level 3

6. Of Faeries and Humans
Upgrade the Faerie Bulb to Level 4

7. Pre-emptive Provisions
PREPARE 10 Feasts (any feast will do) MAKE
Upgrade the Faerie Bulb to Level 5
Reward: Faerie Bulb unlocks in your Market

Faerie Bulb
Found: Market
Uses/Drops: glimmerdust, blythedust, faerie jar, mushroom, living wood
Collection time: 10 hours
Build: free.
Level 1. drops 1520 coin.
Level 2: 10 Floral Glow, 3 Enchanted Block, 3 Faerie Sap, 3 Enchanter's Essence. drops 1672 coin.
Level 3: 10 Vital Extract, 4 Enchanted Beam, 5 Faerie Sap, 4 Enchanter's Essence. drops 1824 coin.
Level 4: 2 Faerie Block, 2 Faerie Beam, 7 Faerie Sap, 25 Fertilizer. drops 1976 coin + random items as above
Level 5: 4 Faerie Beam, 4 Faerie Block, 10 Faerie Sap, 5 Lumin Essence. drops 2128 coin + random items as above

Faerie Sap - permanent new item. Craft in the Faerie Workshop - 35 sap, 20 faerie murmur, 35 living wood

Blythewood Tree
Found: Market
Cost: 5000 coin
Drops: Chop 6x for Blythedust, Sap, Living Wood (rare) and Wood
Collection time: 1 hour. Water 5x to adult.
Size: 2x2

sourp4tch
09-03-15, 10:50 AM
Update's going to be a bit delayed today, but probably not more than a few hours. Sorry!

This stuff will be adding on to the main story, so the delay won't make it more difficult to get through it at least :)

55lee55
09-03-15, 11:33 AM
Update's going to be a bit delayed today, but probably not more than a few hours. Sorry!

This stuff will be adding on to the main story, so the delay won't make it more difficult to get through it at least :)

Again? What is up with S8? As this is becomming a pattern, how about changing the update time, or better yet, do your job S8 employees. I would think that for something like this S8 would set deadlines for employees and fire them if they are consistently late in meeting deadlines. We certainly pay them enough to hire people who can hand in their work on time. What is with these weekly delays?

tvangstanke
09-03-15, 11:54 AM

Brilliant! Hope we get to learn more about what want down between Lila and Azalea back then.
Thanks for letting us know in good time about the delay. Appreciated!

orleansparish
09-03-15, 11:57 AM
Again? What is up with S8? As this is becomming a pattern, how about changing the update time, or better yet, do your job S8 employees. I would think that for something like this S8 would set deadlines for employees and fire them if they are consistently late in meeting deadlines. We certainly pay them enough to hire people who can hand in their work on time. What is with these weekly delays?

I think the castle people are doing phenomenal jobs. Who cares if the update is delayed? They said hours, not days! Jeez. It isn't a big deal, as we play when we can play.

I'm happy for new stuff. I'm tired of looking at horses! And I LOVE the fairies. I hope one day we can have one, slightly larger walking around the kingdom. Now that would be awesome!

midgetsocks
09-03-15, 11:58 AM
Ooh, a Faerie update! How funny, just a day or two ago I was thinking I hadn't heard about them in a while, and started making some faerie blocks and glue etc. just in case something rolled around! Excited :)

meme1098
09-03-15, 12:02 PM
Well, it just came through for me ... On time it seems.

First step is visit Greselda. Wouldn't you know I tapped there earlier...lol

sail147
09-03-15, 12:05 PM
I have the new storyline too!

kdgulle
09-03-15, 12:07 PM
Well, it just came through for me ... On time it seems.

First step is visit Greselda. Wouldn't you know I tapped there earlier...lol

Yes me too waiting to see if it's worth 5 gems to skip. Or I'll start on it tomorrow.

meme1098
09-03-15, 12:09 PM
Yes me too waiting to see if it's worth 5 gems to skip. Or I'll start on it tomorrow.

Yes, we can always see what someone posts for the 2nd step..:D

sourp4tch
09-03-15, 12:09 PM
Whew! Sometimes it's good to be wrong... ^^;;;

Enjoy the update, everyone!!! <3

(PS: If you finished The Usual Way, you may want to check and see how any of your farm animals are doing.)

midgetsocks
09-03-15, 12:10 PM
Very mysterious Faerie Bulb in the Featured section. I wonder do we add on to it after we get it, level it up? It looks a bit incomplete? It's listed as a decoration?

I have 9 hours to collect from the castle, so don't mind me.
Just spent 600 gems on one of those energy alicorns.:rolleyes:

kdgulle
09-03-15, 12:15 PM
Got another quest need 3 level 5 farm houses

meme1098
09-03-15, 12:16 PM
Separate goal:

Have 3 level 5 farmhouses
Tend 20 animals

And used up all my eggs upgrading 3rd farmhouse & so not enough to finish level 5... Hahaha. Got me again S8...lol

FarmerTeach
09-03-15, 12:16 PM
Step 2
Better Consult An Expert
- Give Lady Greselda the Tabernum
- Process Blythedust x10
Collect from Goddess Tree ( I got 1 Blythedust on my visit)
- Study the Tablet of Tabernum x5

midgetsocks
09-03-15, 12:18 PM
Hey thanks sourp4tch! Off to being a milkmaid xoxo

tvangstanke
09-03-15, 12:20 PM
That's it. He got me at Preedle. Sign me up on Team Blythe <3:D

meme1098
09-03-15, 12:22 PM
Step 2
Better Consult An Expert
- Process Blythedust x10

So tapping the tablet 5 times ... 5 days there so no rush. Never gem through goals anyway.

That's it. He got me at Preedle. Sign me up on Team Blythe <3:D

Finally...that 'other' faerie.

kdgulle
09-03-15, 12:23 PM
Step 2
Better Consult An Expert
- Process Blythedust x10
Thanks I don't think I'll gem skip it since 2 will take a while.

kdgulle
09-03-15, 12:23 PM
So tapping the tablet 5 times ... 5 days there so no rush. Never gem through goals anyway.

Funny at the same time.

meme1098
09-03-15, 12:25 PM
Funny at the same time.

Yea...we did...lol

So wondering....how does one 'give' Greselda the tabernum? Just tap it, place it next to her castle? Or some other way?

my2place
09-03-15, 12:29 PM
Ooh, a Faerie update! How funny, just a day or two ago I was thinking I hadn't heard about them in a while, and started making some faerie blocks and glue etc. just in case something rolled around! Excited :)

Same here! Wasn't even expecting an update today, what a nice surprise!

kdgulle
09-03-15, 12:31 PM
Yea...we did...lol

So wondering....how does one 'give' Greselda the tabernum? Just tap it, place it next to her castle? Or some other way?

I am assuming we just tap it. Maybe it will drop something we have to give her

perry5
09-03-15, 12:38 PM
SO happy to have something else to focus on besides horseshoes!!:) So what is the tie in between the Lev 5 farmhouses and the Faeries, or is it just a way to burn some materials? I need more milk to get my 3rd up to lev 5 so don't know what (if anything) comes after.

my2place
09-03-15, 12:42 PM
Yea...we did...lol

It is give the "Tabernum Notes" that we sent out for

meme1098
09-03-15, 12:43 PM
It is give the "Tabernum Notes" that we sent out for

Ah...that makes sense...thanks!

matjan75
09-03-15, 12:47 PM
Hmm, I am asked to place the bulb, but then the bulb is still a locked goal

55lee55
09-03-15, 12:53 PM
I am assuming we just tap it. Maybe it will drop something we have to give her

Just collect the coins from it then click give. Easy. This part will take time unless you want to speed through it. I don't. This looks like a relaxed goal, no big rush to get through it.

Glad the update was on time after all!

ktorewqas
09-03-15, 12:54 PM
Have to go through the hub to see what's the requirement to upgrade the farmhouse. It's too quick that the farmhouse needs to be collected then I can upgrade it ;) upgraded one to lvl 5, others two (now lvl 3) will required 100 eggs and 100 milk.... I only have few for now, wow, this upgrade burn them down so fast :rolleyes:

coolssp
09-03-15, 12:56 PM
Separate goal:

Tend 20 animals

And used up all my eggs upgrading 3rd farmhouse & so not enough to finish level 5... Hahaha. Got me again S8...lol

I didn't have a single farm house at level 5 and to top off, I had just done the milk n eggs trade :-) so I'm stuck for a bit too

vednir
09-03-15, 01:00 PM
Well for those of us trying to max out on faerie sap this update puts a bit of a crimp in things. There is no timer on this quest but I guess now there's also a reason to finish the rest of that update.

sourp4tch
09-03-15, 01:04 PM
Well for those of us trying to max out on faerie sap this update puts a bit of a crimp in things. There is no timer on this quest but I guess now there's also a reason to finish the rest of that update.

Faerie Sap will unlock again after one of the quests in today's updates ;)

plby
09-03-15, 01:28 PM
Separate goal:

Tend 20 animals

part 2:
give Preedle the Blythe Gem
Examine the Godess Tree x3

55lee55
09-03-15, 01:30 PM
part 2:
give Preedle the Blythe Gem
Examine the Godess Tree x3

This is going to take some time too, unless I skip for 15 gems. This quest will either take some time to complete, or cost some gems. Can't have it both ways.

I sort of like that we don't need to rush through this one.

minoalibrary
09-03-15, 01:35 PM
When it says have three farmhouses apparently it wants you to have the same farm house three times. I have three level 5 farmhouses in my kingdom, but after collecting from them and clicking give, the arrow still kept pointing to the first one. No big deal as they recharge in ten minutes. I have collected from them all twice and am able to have 2/3, so the next time should be the charm. Might help if the instructions were a bit more clear, but no harm done. Like I said, they recharge rapidly.

You just need to have them. I had 2 level 5 farmhouses in storage and it counted them, so I only had to upgrade the level 1 farmhouse I had. Surprised me to see that!

Liloze
09-03-15, 01:44 PM
Yea...we did...lol

Just tap it :)

kdgulle
09-03-15, 01:53 PM
Just collect the coins from it then click give. Easy. This part will take time unless you want to speed through it. I don't. This looks like a relaxed goal, no big rush to get through it.

Glad the update was on time after all!
I won't gem through it I like having something to do.

vontalken
09-03-15, 02:22 PM
I am really surprised at a story update today.. surprised and very happy it is a main story update :)

I am wondering if the Blythe fairies like the same sweets as the glimmer fairies or if that is different as well. Maybe they prefer Ivy's Pies instead of Glimmer cakes?

ShibuyaCloth
09-03-15, 02:40 PM
Hoarders get ready, we can now mass produce Fearie Sap!!!! Finally something to max :):):):):) and this will be a insane goal!

SpiritWind00
09-03-15, 04:09 PM
hi all, just letting you know I'm here and will start working on post 2. So keep refreshing your screens. I love the faerie storylines! excited to see the enchanted sap back again.

LadyFencer
09-03-15, 04:10 PM
Thank you for the update and one that is not timed! It was a wonderful surprise in the middle of our most chaotic time at work and will be a good break for me here and there.

oliverrr11
09-03-15, 04:58 PM
In the process of doing one of today's updates, a screen popped up which appeared to reward me with with something and I don't know what or where it is, or what I did to get or not get this thing. It had Ivy and showed some orange round thing that looked fire pit-ish. There is nothing like that in my inventory or in the market, and I have not yet started drinking for the day.....

plby
09-03-15, 05:22 PM
2. name?

name of part 2: Preedle of Blythewood

thanks! added to post 2 SW

dragon2046
09-03-15, 05:32 PM
In the process of doing one of today's updates, a screen popped up which appeared to reward me with with something and I don't know what or where it is, or what I did to get or not get this thing. It had Ivy and showed some orange round thing that looked fire pit-ish. There is nothing like that in my inventory or in the market, and I have not yet started drinking for the day.....

I think it could've been enchanted sap. :)

vickyville14
09-03-15, 05:32 PM
name of part 2: Preedle of Blythewood

How do we give Preedle the Blythewood Gem? Do we have that from previous parts? I can't remember! Does anyone know if there are quests that are needed for this new part?

SpiritWind00
09-03-15, 05:40 PM
How do we give Preedle the Blythewood Gem? Do we have that from previous parts? I can't remember! Does anyone know if there are quests that are needed for this new part?

All known goals are always posted on the first page. I put links to previous goals related to this in post 2 of this thread as well. Preedle is a brand new character introduced today. to "give" something, you click the green 'give' button in your goal book. Sometimes is a free 'give' and other times you collect something and then 'give' it.

PrincessCupOButter
09-03-15, 06:10 PM

I think it could've been enchanted sap. :)

I agree. I clicked too fast, but I checked the Fairie workshop, and the enchanted sap is back.

vickyville14
09-03-15, 06:16 PM
All known goals are always posted on the first page. I put links to previous goals related to this in post 2 of this thread as well. Preedle is a brand new character introduced today. to "give" something, you click the green 'give' button in your goal book. Sometimes is a free 'give' and other times you collect something and then 'give' it.

Ok - I thought it was worth an ask. By the way, great job with the forum. You have saved me more than once!
Thanks so much!

thanks Vicky! yes, I save myself too!! I'm always referring to the Inventory Guide or Story Guide and trawling through threads to remind myself about all sorts of things. Thank goodness for the forum! :) ... SW

I took screen shots of the Old Thomas and Greselda's convo; do you want any of that?

no that's ok, Dabag does all of that for us and posts in the dialogue thread. thanks for the offer though! Any other screen shots of goals are good for Dabag though. :) SW

Ok - thanks again!

vhfbvb
09-03-15, 07:12 PM
I used gems to skip ahead because I was so excited to have new parts to the story. I have only one task now which is "Place the faerie bulb. It's in your inventory." But when I go to my inventory the bulb is locked and indicates I need to reach a goal. No indication of which goal. And I have no other goals on my list. What's up with this? Bug?

SpiritWind00
09-03-15, 07:20 PM
I used gems to skip ahead because I was so excited to have new parts to the story. I have only one task now which is "Place the faerie bulb. It's in your inventory." But when I go to my inventory the bulb is locked and indicates I need to reach a goal. No indication of which goal. And I have no other goals on my list. What's up with this? Bug?

this is from Bugs Forum... should help? If not, perhaps there's still something left to be done in the other part? I don't skip/use gems on main storyline, and there is not much info yet on these goals to help you. Do you want to post in the bugs forum or just wait a bit longer? Do you have any other related goals in your book?

I'm on magic collaboration it tells me to place faerie bulb but it is still showing lock by goal but I have no other goals. Thanks :)

Oh and yes, I have force closed and powered on and off device.

Regina;1167737']Sorry about that! The button directed you to the Market. However, you already have one in your inventory. If you directly go to your inventory under buildings, you will be able to find and place it :)

vanessapee
09-03-15, 09:13 PM
I spent Lots of Gems on my primary accnt to upgrade the Bulb and thus to unlock it in market, but now i can't buy ! It's unlocked but it won't let me buy it!!
That was a lot of gems and im waiting for explanation or resolving the issue, please...

Hi Vanessa, as posted above, it may be in your inventory.... not the market. double check and let me know. thanks, SW :)

SpiritWind00
09-03-15, 09:16 PM
I've sent a report through about the locked Faerie Bulb and the various previous few posts. S8 will post when resolved or provide more information. Thanks.

jbfps116
09-03-15, 09:58 PM
That fairy bulb looks amazing! can't wait to get it. what does it do??

macdonald
09-03-15, 10:42 PM

I had same thing happen with a few items, I just force closed game then came back in and boom items were in inventory for my use. Or as said above I was just looking in wrong place, lol.

macdonald
09-03-15, 10:44 PM
Level 5 Fairie Bulb dropped 1228 Gold coins.

jbfps116
09-03-15, 11:16 PM
step 3 after visit tabernum 5 times:
something about swear to secrecy and it gives you a blythewood tree free in inventory. still locked in the market though.

partner555
09-04-15, 05:55 AM
I think I missed the scene that happens before Its About Time started. Can anyone tell me what was in the scene, specifically the dialogue?

tigarlilyvol
09-04-15, 08:22 AM
step 3 after visit tabernum 5 times:
something about swear to secrecy and it gives you a blythewood tree free in inventory. still locked in the market though.
Part A:
Regal Ramifications
Swear to a Pact of Secrecy
Tap button (shh)
Collect blythewood tree sapling (found in inventory)

Let's try that again
Place tree
Water tree until it grows up (1 hr.) for 5 times (If I counted correctly)

Griselda tells Old Thomas to chop down her new Goddess Tree!

More than Meets the Eye
Process Blythedust x 10 ( collect more from original Goddess Tree)
Visit Ivy's Hut x 1

Part B

Preedle of Blythewood
Examine goddess tree x3
Collect Faerie bulb seed (found in inventory)
Place faerie Bulb seed
Upgrade to level 2
10 floral glow
3 faerie sap (each sap takes 35 sap, 20 faerie' mummers, and 35 living wood for 1 hr.)
3 enchanter's blocks
3 enchanter's essences

For Glimmer or Blythe
Upgrade to level 3
10 vital extract
5 faerie sap
4 enchanted beams
4 enchanter's essence

( this is where I am now)

ktorewqas
09-04-15, 09:08 AM
I checked the fairy workshop and The enchanted sap is locked. Would love to make ahead since I only have two so far.

midgetsocks
09-04-15, 09:11 AM
Thanks tigarlilyvol! Very helpful.

Oh these new saps, only an hour but so long to collect their contents, it's gonna be a while for me!xoxo

Gems well spent on the faerie flower beds: red and purple petals for the floral glow, and faeries' murmur. 2 hr collection time.

Beeville99
09-04-15, 09:30 AM
Was there fairy related dialogue connected to the It's About Time goal? If so, it didn't pop up for me.
Trust me, I play super slow, so I didn't click through anything. Careful gameplay is a gift from my arthritis. ;)
I don't want to miss any storyline dialogue.

tigarlilyvol
09-04-15, 09:48 AM
I checked the fairy workshop and The enchanted sap is locked. Would love to make ahead since I only have two so far.

Not sure just when it is unlocked the first two parts are done together with visiting taburnum and goddess tree so many times, I think it is after Preedle's visit to goddess tree 3 times when it unlocks faerie sap.

AnniePMH
09-04-15, 10:23 AM
Hmm...:rolleyes:

AnniePMH
09-04-15, 10:25 AM

AnniePMH
09-04-15, 10:28 AM

tigarlilyvol
09-04-15, 10:30 AM
Part A:
Regal Ramifications
Swear to a Pact of Secrecy
Tap button (shh)
Collect blythewood tree sapling (found in inventory)

Let's try that again
Place tree
Water tree until it grows up (1 hr.) for 5 times (If I counted correctly)

More than Meets the Eye
Process Blythedust x 10 ( collect more from original Goddess Tree)
Visit Ivy's Hut x 1

A Second Opinion
Contemplate the Tabernam Press think button, collect from Tabernam.

No new goal after this, just Ivy saying "It's going to be hard."

Part B

Preedle of Blythewood
Examine goddess tree x3
Collect Faerie bulb seed (found in inventory)
Place faerie Bulb seed
Upgrade to level 2
10 floral glow
3 faerie sap (each sap takes 35 sap, 20 faerie' mummers, and 35 living wood for 1 hr.)
3 enchanter's blocks
3 enchanter's essences

For Glimmer or Blythe
Upgrade to level 3
10 vital extract
5 faerie sap
4 enchanted beams
4 enchanter's essence

( this is where I am now)

I sure hated chopping down the new goddess tree until I noticed there is another one still in my inventory!

[S8] Regina
09-04-15, 10:32 AM
I spent Lots of Gems on my primary accnt to upgrade the Bulb and thus to unlock it in market, but now i can't buy ! It's unlocked but it won't let me buy it!!
That was a lot of gems and im waiting for explanation or resolving the issue, please...

Hi Vanessa, as posted above, it may be in your inventory.... not the market. double check and let me know. thanks, SW :)

Unfortunately, the Place button takes you to the Market. However, the Faerie Bulb is in the Inventory (the hint text also indicates that it is in the Inventory). You can find this in your Inventory.

[S8] Regina
09-04-15, 10:33 AM

Unfortunately, the Place button takes you to the Market. However, the Faerie Bulb is in the Inventory (the hint text also indicates that it is in the Inventory). You can find this in your Inventory.

zelda0816
09-04-15, 10:34 AM
I've sent a report through about the locked Faerie Bulb and the various previous few posts. S8 will post when resolved or provide more information. Thanks.

I gemed through the visiting the tree, but its locked on "place the bowl".... Its locked inventory? is this the same error?

AnniePMH
09-04-15, 10:38 AM

AnniePMH
09-04-15, 10:41 AM

[S8] Regina
09-04-15, 10:48 AM
I gemed through the visiting the tree, but its locked on "place the bowl".... Its locked inventory? is this the same error?

It is taking you to the Market. If you open your inventory, under the buildings tab, you will see it.

zelda0816
09-04-15, 11:07 AM
thanks!! :
Regina;1168102']It is taking you to the Market. If you open your inventory, under the buildings tab, you will see it.

fish63
09-04-15, 11:37 AM
Need living wood! Where can we get it? Have tree.

dalechristel
09-04-15, 11:49 AM
Holy living wood requirement!! Upgraded the bulb to level 2 which wiped out all my living wood. (3 fairy saps which require 35 living wood each) Now I need 5 more fairy saps? That's another 175 living wood!! (not to mention all the sap and fairy murmur needed) This is going to take awhile.

ktorewqas
09-04-15, 12:18 PM
Not sure just when it is unlocked the first two parts are done together with visiting taburnum and goddess tree so many times, I think it is after Preedle's visit to goddess tree 3 times when it unlocks faerie sap.
Thanks! I just upgrade farmhouses to lvl 5 and saw the following task which has the bulb as a reward :D

tigarlilyvol
09-04-15, 12:20 PM
Need living wood! Where can we get it? Have tree.

The living tree gives living wood, unfortunately only bought with gems, living wood drops from sawmill, Ivy's Hut, trees, Magic Garden, old logs, feed the Baron adventure, dark garden, and made in potion's shop. None give it all the time. If you have the available coins, buy sap trees to grow up and chop, at least you will be getting sap and some living wood.

tigarlilyvol
09-04-15, 02:16 PM
I sure hated chopping down the new goddess tree until I noticed there is another one still in my inventory!

If this is Part 1, how many more parts do you think are coming?

midgetsocks
09-04-15, 05:35 PM
Well, I just ran out of wood... Living tree gives 1 or 2, but not enough for me. So I'm decorating my game with old logs, doing the magic workshop mumbo jumbo.

Why can't there be a living wood resource similar to the needed mushroom plant? Now that one I love.

ktorewqas
09-04-15, 06:05 PM
What's the requirement to upgrade the bulb to lvl 4 & 5? I am curious since the lvl 2& 3 upgrade already show the increase use of the fairy saps. It might take me few months to upgrade it to lvl 5 and it drops coins only ;):confused::rolleyes:

AnniePMH
09-04-15, 09:39 PM
The living tree gives living wood, unfortunately only bought with gems, living wood drops from sawmill, Ivy's Hut, trees, Magic Garden, old logs, feed the Baron adventure, dark garden, and made in potion's shop. None give it all the time. If you have the available coins, buy sap trees to grow up and chop, at least you will be getting sap and some living wood.

Old logs do not drop living wood, sadly, lol...:rolleyes:

AnniePMH
09-04-15, 11:53 PM

Are you sure about the living wood drops here? I've chopped down quite a few Blythewood trees now, no living wood as a result so far...:confused:

ShibuyaCloth
09-05-15, 01:34 AM
Is the dust not dropping from the goddess tree anymore, did 2 collection and nothing! Also this time it is not a craft.

tigarlilyvol
09-05-15, 02:34 AM
Are you sure about the living wood drops here? I've chopped down quite a few Blythewood trees now, no living wood as a result so far...:confused:

I could have been wrong, everything goes by so fast, I was looking in inventory and it showroom living wood in the first drops, but it could have bee in list already near front of line.

AnniePMH
09-05-15, 03:10 AM
Is the dust not dropping from the goddess tree anymore, did 2 collection and nothing! Also this time it is not a craft.

Checked it, got 2 dust:rolleyes:

ShibuyaCloth
09-05-15, 03:34 AM
Ok found some in my inventory, it was burried somewhere. Those tiny bags get lost with 600 different inventory items ;)

I hope this is a fix drop now, it will take me until xmas to max it! And still want to progress with the quest.

AnniePMH
09-05-15, 03:42 AM
Ok found some in my inventory, it was burried somewhere. Those tiny bags get lost with 600 different inventory items ;)

I hope this is a fix drop now, it will take me until xmas to max it! And still want to progress with the quest.

I want to know if I can upgrade the F bowl to lev 3 and still produce those F saps!:confused::eek:

AnniePMH
09-05-15, 05:04 AM

I could have been wrong, everything goes by so fast, I was looking in inventory and it showroom living wood in the first drops, but it could have bee in list already near front of line.

You were right, I got 1 living wood now on Blythewood tree chop#43! (that's counting the chops, not the whole trees, lol...):p

AnniePMH
09-05-15, 06:40 AM
Chopping Blythewood trees triggers Fangbeasts on occasion...
Edit: You can store them both as saplings and fully grown. No max limit (I've stored 100 saplings):)

danzplace
09-05-15, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the new update. I love how it uses a wide variety of resources ,old and new. Now if there was just a living wood " mushroom"....

queenofpolharcity
09-05-15, 02:03 PM
Holy living wood requirement!! Upgraded the bulb to level 2 which wiped out all my living wood. (3 fairy saps which require 35 living wood each) Now I need 5 more fairy saps? That's another 175 living wood!! (not to mention all the sap and fairy murmur needed) This is going to take awhile.

Yes! I've chopped down every tree I had matured--got ONE living wood. Sped up the wood mills--ONE living wood. The Living Tree gave 2; this is nuts! I want to finish the upgrade to Fairy Bulb, Level 5, which requires TEN Faerie Pastes? Unbelievable!! I had a store of 99 when I started, and my wood was full, also. I placed back 8 white flowers to gather the petals for the living wood. I am out of wood, out of living wood, and have no mature trees left.

We need some relief, TL! I want to carry on the story line, but at this rate the fairies will be flown away to the Nursing Home Hive... help!!

queenofpolharcity
09-05-15, 02:07 PM
And one other thing--we hear all the time that TL does not manipulate the collection rates of any item that we need. But that kinda insults our intelligence. I've been completely full of living wood, despite using it for various things around the kingdom. Suddenly, I'm not getting any from trees, few from other sources? Gah...

AnniePMH
09-05-15, 03:47 PM
Ok, new goal pics!:D

Upgrade to lev 4 Faerie Bulb

Upgrade to lev 5 Faerie Bulb
At this point, I can still craft Faerie Sap in the F workshop! Thank you dear neighbor who told me this, so I finally could upgrade from lev 2...:p

I don't know what will happen with the ability to craft the F sap after goal Preemptive Provisions is finished, though...:confused:

ktorewqas
09-05-15, 03:55 PM
Ok, new goal pics!:D

Upgrade to lev 4 Faerie Bulb

Upgrade to lev 5 Faerie Bulb
At this point, I can still craft Faerie Sap in the F workshop! Thank you dear neighbor who told me this, so I finally could upgrade from lev 2...:p

Wow, you are so quick :D Thank you very much! What will the lvl 5 bulb drop? :o thanks again

echowuuu
09-05-15, 03:59 PM
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r666/yawn85/679AC42F-B6A0-46CD-B773-B7B0110FDC45_zpse0apqslq.jpg (http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/yawn85/media/679AC42F-B6A0-46CD-B773-B7B0110FDC45_zpse0apqslq.jpg.html)

It is interesting this is a town building after unlock it at level 5. Not sure if S8 made another mistake. Build more when you have time.

dragon2046
09-05-15, 04:34 PM
Wow, you are so quick :D Thank you very much! What will the lvl 5 bulb drop? :o thanks again

Coins ! So far I have only received coins ???!

eastie41
09-05-15, 05:04 PM
Faerie Bulb upgraded looks beautiful. I love this goal line.

Thanks to the great mods for all your help. And thanks to all the players who post and contribute to this forum. ������

ktorewqas
09-05-15, 05:28 PM
thank you very much! I hoped it can drop fairy sap. Well, too much hope :o

terri81
09-05-15, 05:51 PM
Does the Blythewood Tree do anything? Or does it just give EXP stars? If it doesn't do anything it's going in the inventory, I have enough junk in my kingdom. BTW, when will more expansions be available? I have too many trade tickets and I've run out of room. I need to convert these trade tickets to expansion tickets real soon.

katbtodd
09-05-15, 05:54 PM
I got my faerie bulb and one of the new trees grew it and chopped it but the goals are still locked, is this a bug , if not what do I need to do to unlock them

katbtodd
09-05-15, 05:55 PM
Does the Blythewood Tree do anything? Or does it just give EXP stars? If it doesn't do anything it's going in the inventory, I have enough junk in my kingdom. BTW, when will more expansions be available? I have too many trade tickets and I've run out of room. I need to convert these trade tickets to expansion tickets real soon.

give the pink dust sap and wood as far as I can can see,, would love to grow another but my goal is still locked

AnniePMH
09-05-15, 10:20 PM
I got my faerie bulb and one of the new trees grew it and chopped it but the goals are still locked, is this a bug , if not what do I need to do to unlock them

give the pink dust sap and wood as far as I can can see,, would love to grow another but my goal is still locked

The bulb and the tree unlocks in the Market upon completion of each goal chain. The tree unlocks after goal A Second Opinion:)

Dabag
09-05-15, 10:49 PM
Thank you again, Annie for posting the photos.
Now SW can do her magic too

You guys make a great team.
thank you
dabag

AnniePMH
09-05-15, 11:01 PM
Thank you again, Annie for posting the photos.
Now SW can do her magic too

You guys make a great team.
thank you
dabag

Thanks, Dabag, but I don't know how much help I was this update...Lol, need more goal pic posters, speeders or non-speeders. I can't be on here all the time, lolol!:p

EBJW
09-05-15, 11:35 PM

Really.....?!
JUST coins....!?!

That sounds like a major bugmistake, doesn't seem right to me; SW, can you please ask behind the scenes what's the deal?

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 12:04 AM
Really.....?!
JUST coins....!?!

That sounds like a major bugmistake, doesn't seem right to me; SW, can you please ask behind the scenes what's the deal?

My lev 5 Faerie bulb drops 2128 coins!:D

Edit: I'm thinking this is a great candidate for a separate room in the storage cellar:rolleyes:

ShibuyaCloth
09-06-15, 12:26 AM
My lev 5 Faerie bulb drops 2128 coins!:D

Edit: I'm thinking this is a great candidate for a separate room in the storage cellar:rolleyes:

Well now you make a l1, l2, l3, and l4 bulb for your special room :)

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 01:12 AM
Well now you make a l1, l2, l3, and l4 bulb for your special room :)

Ok. After maxing the F saps.:cool::D

ShibuyaCloth
09-06-15, 05:00 AM

Does the new tree drop it? If so how often? I have one grown but don't dare to cut it so far. So I am blocked until I can produce 5 sap for level 3.

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 06:42 AM
Does the new tree drop it? If so how often? I have one grown but don't dare to cut it so far. So I am blocked until I can produce 5 sap for level 3.

No, lol. Old school crafting as far as the Faerie Sap is concerned:rolleyes:

nessa005
09-06-15, 07:27 AM
I'm confused. I had the faerie bulb and Blythwood sapling in my inventory and have placed them. I have Faerie Discontent and Better Consult in my quest book. I never received instructions as to what to do with the tree. Does that come after I've grown it? The bulb and tree are still locked as a goal in the market. Where did I go wrong?

ShibuyaCloth
09-06-15, 07:47 AM
No, lol. Old school crafting as far as the Faerie Sap is concerned:rolleyes:

What does the tree give? Just old school wood :p

anne202b
09-06-15, 07:51 AM

Am I correct in assuming the "F" stands for Faerie? LOL :) Just HAD to write that. ;)

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 07:57 AM
Am I correct in assuming the "F" stands for Faerie? LOL :) Just HAD to write that. ;)

It certainly can stand for Faerie:rolleyes:

anne202b
09-06-15, 07:58 AM
Thanks, Dabag, but I don't know how much help I was this update...Lol, need more goal pic posters, speeders or non-speeders. I can't be on here all the time, lolol!:p

From one Annie to another.....:) Holy cow! I must be missing something....where did you get all your Blythedust? My understanding is it was just from the Goddess Tree.

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 07:59 AM
What does the tree give? Just old school wood :p

Blythewood trees give blythedust, wood, sap, and very rarely living wood:)
Edit: Very rarely living wood...

anne202b
09-06-15, 08:01 AM

Feeling really dumb right now. Ugh. Thanks, Annie.

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 08:09 AM
I'm confused. I had the faerie bulb and Blythwood sapling in my inventory and have placed them. I have Faerie Discontent and Better Consult in my quest book. I never received instructions as to what to do with the tree. Does that come after I've grown it? The bulb and tree are still locked as a goal in the market. Where did I go wrong?

A bit strange, I think you're supposed to get your first tree at goal 'Regal Ramnifications' which come after 'Better Consult an Expert'...:confused: See what happens when you reach next goal:) You're supposed to upgrade the bulb following that goal chain, hope that's working out for you:)

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 08:14 AM
Feeling really dumb right now. Ugh. Thanks, Annie.

You're very welcome, Annie. I don't think that was a dumb question at all!:)

alexsjusa
09-06-15, 08:30 AM

Same here! I imagine something pops up after upgrading to three!

nessa005
09-06-15, 10:04 AM
A bit strange, I think you're supposed to get your first tree at goal 'Regal Ramnifications' which come after 'Better Consult an Expert'...:confused: See what happens when you reach next goal:) You're supposed to upgrade the bulb following that goal chain, hope that's working out for you:)

I used a few gems to speed up and did get place tree, grow it, chop it down. As I already had a tree it was fast. Also found another tree in my inventory! The tree and bulb in the market are still locked, labeled goal. I have the faerie bulb at level 2 and the quest For Glimmer Blythe upgrade to L3. I now have been given More Than Meets The Eye, process Blythe dust and visit Ivy.
The faeries are playing tricks on me, going to visit the wineries to see if that helps.

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 10:54 AM

I used a few gems to speed up and did get place tree, grow it, chop it down. As I already had a tree it was fast. Also found another tree in my inventory! The tree and bulb in the market are still locked, labeled goal. I have the faerie bulb at level 2 and the quest For Glimmer Blythe upgrade to L3. I now have been given More Than Meets The Eye, process Blythe dust and visit Ivy.
The faeries are playing tricks on me, going to visit the wineries to see if that helps.

The market trees and bulbs are supposed to be locked at that stage, and you got the new goal and instructions, so it seems faerly ok, lol...:rolleyes: Regrettably I don't remember how many trees I found in my inventory, I did those goals in the middle of the night, lol, I'll check the pics (always take pics of every step...:o)

alexsjusa
09-06-15, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know how often the living wood tree drops?

ShibuyaCloth
09-06-15, 01:23 PM

The tree just ended up in pieces for my potion shops to produce... tada... living wood :) Well the 6 bags of Blythedust was welcome as well.

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know how often the living wood tree drops?

The Living wood tree takes 4 hours between drops:)

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 01:36 PM
The tree just ended up in pieces for my potion shops to produce... tada... living wood :) Well the 6 bags of Blythedust was welcome as well.

Congrats, lol, I think I've had a drop rate of about 1 living wood in 40 collections/chops from the blythewood trees...:p

Gweenykay
09-06-15, 02:39 PM
I have done the exact same! On the same goals too. Don't think we've gone wrong as all we've done is tend the tree and it's now grown. I really want to chop it now - as I will be ages getting enough Living Wood for the sap! Has anyone chopped the Blythwood tree with the bulb at level 2? Do we get another into the Inventory or is it a patience game till the bulb reaches level 3 to trigger the next step? Ive so little patience I can't wait to chop, ....will let you know. Why not? Why torture myself?....I should just do it now. Yes?

nessa005
09-06-15, 04:07 PM
I have done the exact same! On the same goals too. Don't think we've gone wrong as all we've done is tend the tree and it's now grown. I really want to chop it now - as I will be ages getting enough Living Wood for the sap! Has anyone chopped the Blythwood tree with the bulb at level 2? Do we get another into the Inventory or is it a patience game till the bulb reaches level 3 to trigger the next step? Ive so little patience I can't wait to chop, ....will let you know. Why not? Why torture myself?....I should just do it now. Yes?

I bit the bullet and chopped it! Then I was able to buy more in the market. The goal for the bulb is till locked in my market even though I'm at level 2. This is going to be a very long "sister/sister" type quest!

roguebee
09-06-15, 05:12 PM
I went ahead and chopped mine. Received 6 blythedust for the 6 chops (as well as 6 pieces of wood and 6 sap). That was enough to complete the goal. And after I swore to secrecy, I received another Blythewood tree to plant and tend.

outhouse01
09-06-15, 07:01 PM
Hi, just general observations. This appears to be a major step to slow everyone down, however, hopefully it is too keep people playing.

I currently have a bulb a level 2. It appears you need 25 faerie sap to get to level 5. That is a total of 875 regular sap, 500 faerie mumour and 875 living wood. For me that is weeks, if not months worth of collecting. AND this is apparently only Part 1 of this line.

I do believe the collections from the bulb are really wrong. Only 1520 coins for level 1 to only 2138 level 5, with no other drops, after all of those resources used. The bulb could at least chuck out a living wood or 2 on collection. Considering it is on a 10 hour timer.

I shudder to think what part 2 entails.

Cheers all.

Gweenykay
09-06-15, 07:35 PM
I bit the bullet and chopped it! Then I was able to buy more in the market. The goal for the bulb is till locked in my market even though I'm at level 2. This is going to be a very long "sister/sister" type quest!

Thanks Nessa-I didn't need much encouragement. Now first Blythwood tree going to get the axe!

Gweenykay
09-06-15, 08:02 PM

Blythwood tree chopped but unable to buy any more! The goal is still locked. Where did you find more to buy?

janddolphins
09-06-15, 08:14 PM
Blythwood tree chopped but unable to buy any more! The goal is still locked. Where did you find more to buy?

I am having the same problem, chopped it and now don't have any in inventory and goal to buy is locked. By morning I will have steps needed though to move on so guess I have to hold out until then.

SpiritWind00
09-06-15, 08:29 PM
updated post 2....

mreames
09-06-15, 08:55 PM
updated post 2....

Thank you! :)

newzealander
09-06-15, 09:48 PM
OK, I am just wanting to check that I have this straight from skimming the last 14 pages; the big challenge for this one is living wood?? I have only upgraded the faerie bulb to level 2, and already cleaned my stocks out, and collecting them at a rate of about 20-30 a day maximum. Is that right, or have I missed some amazing windfall of living wood sent from the (faerie) heavens?

ShibuyaCloth
09-06-15, 10:42 PM
OK, I am just wanting to check that I have this straight from skimming the last 14 pages; the big challenge for this one is living wood?? I have only upgraded the faerie bulb to level 2, and already cleaned my stocks out, and collecting them at a rate of about 20-30 a day maximum. Is that right, or have I missed some amazing windfall of living wood sent from the (faerie) heavens?

You got it right :) Welcome to the living-wood-drained club :)

outhouse01
09-06-15, 10:46 PM

NZ, I don't believe you have missed anything. It's gonna be a long road ahead by the looks of it. Shields/swords gone and living wood now for all. Cheers

AnniePMH
09-06-15, 10:47 PM

You got it right :) Welcome to the living-wood-drained club :)

Yep. Living wood is hard!:eek::p

newzealander
09-06-15, 11:21 PM
NZ, I don't believe you have missed anything. It's gonna be a long road ahead by the looks of it. Shields/swords gone and living wood now for all. Cheers
Thanks, Neighbour. There's going to be nothing 'living' in my kingdom by the time I get that dastardly bulb to level 5!!!

SpiritWind00
09-07-15, 12:16 AM
I added in the sources for sap, living wood and murmur in post 2....

Sharing the love! :)

AnniePMH
09-07-15, 12:24 AM

I am having the same problem, chopped it and now don't have any in inventory and goal to buy is locked. By morning I will have steps needed though to move on so guess I have to hold out until then.

The blythewood trees in the market unlocks upon completing goal 'A Second Opinion'. Then you can buy as many as you want for 5000 coins each:)

janddolphins
09-07-15, 12:53 AM
The blythewood trees in the market unlocks upon completing goal 'A Second Opinion'. Then you can buy as many as you want for 5000 coins each:)

Thanks, I had misread others and thought they got more prior to the goal.

With my wonderful insomnia I just got some middle of the night taps in and got the second tree to grow now from the swear to secrecy step in my inventory.

AnniePMH
09-07-15, 12:56 AM
Thanks, I had misread others and thought they got more prior to the goal.

With my wonderful insomnia I just got some middle of the night taps in and got the second tree to grow now :)

Yep, it seems that some players did get extra trees before 'A Second Opinion'...I have no idea how that happened, unresolved CS mystery, lol:p

ktorewqas
09-07-15, 04:34 AM
We can get 2 trees for free. One is from placing the bulb task, the other is from swear to secrecy task.

Seriously700
09-07-15, 04:54 AM
I added in the sources for sap, living wood and murmur in post 2....

Sharing the love! :)

Thank you for this. I checked to see if I had forgotten any sources and it turns out I had. I had stopped collecting from the faerie bridge since I was maxed on most of the drops. This morning I got 4 murmurs in 1 collection.

I also didn't recall living wood dropping from the spooky tree, but I've taken that out of storage and will try my luck with it.

One additional source of living wood is neighbor gifts.

AnniePMH
09-07-15, 05:43 AM
We can get 2 trees for free. One is from placing the bulb task, the other is from swear to secrecy task.

Great! Mystery solved, lol:D Also would like to add that it's been difficult using the forums today! Maintenance?:confused:

nessa005
09-07-15, 06:26 AM
My quest is Glimmer or Blythe to upgrade my bulb to level3. I'm working on it, went to the market and the bulb is still locked as a goal. Do we get 2 bulbs eventually?

AnniePMH
09-07-15, 06:56 AM
My quest is Glimmer or Blythe to upgrade my bulb to level3. I'm working on it, went to the market and the bulb is still locked as a goal. Do we get 2 bulbs eventually?

It would seem you can buy as many as you want to after you unlock them in the market:)
Edit: 100 000 coins to buy a bulb, unlocks after completing goal 'Pre-emptive Provisions'

nessa005
09-07-15, 07:06 AM
It would seem you can buy as many as you want to after you unlock them in the market:)
Edit: 100 000 coins to buy a bulb, unlocks after completing goal 'Pre-emptive Provisions'
Thanks, that explains it. Why on earth would you want more than 1 bulb as it takes so long to upgrade it? Oh yes, I forgot some people have the hoarding instinct!

Seriously700
09-07-15, 07:37 AM
It's too bad there is no way to convert crafted items back to their raw materials. I am maxed out on ornate beams, each of which takes 15 living wood, and yet I have no use for them. It would be awesome to be able to recover all that living wood in some way.

dpgranny
09-07-15, 07:43 AM
How can I tell what the goal is to obtain craft buildings? Like Potion and Tinker?

AnniePMH
09-07-15, 07:46 AM
Thanks, that explains it. Why on earth would you want more than 1 bulb as it takes so long to upgrade it? Oh yes, I forgot some people have the hoarding instinct!

Lol, I love hoarding, but nursing homes for faeries was not what I had in mind when I asked for more crafting in the updates! Lol!:eek::D

m1stery
09-07-15, 07:49 AM
When do I get this goal:
5. Necessary Measures

I got the tree from previous goal, it's all grown up but I don't have this goal to show up, so I'm afraid to chop the tree since I can't buy any since they're locked.

EBJW
09-07-15, 09:02 AM
I understand something strange is going on with the Blythewood tree. All's not quite clear to me, so therefore:

I'm still in the middle of quest 2: 'better consult an expert'.
However this morning I found a tree sapling in my inventory, I've placed it and have watered it, it's grown now.

I would really like to chop it now,
but I wonder:
if I chop it now, will I stil get another sapling after finishing quest 3 'regal ramifications'? Or must I save it to continue quests 5,6,7?

ShibuyaCloth
09-07-15, 09:21 AM
When do I get this goal:
5. Necessary Measures

I got the tree from previous goal, it's all grown up but I don't have this goal to show up, so I'm afraid to chop the tree since I can't buy any since they're locked.

I did chop it down and got a new one for the quest.

meme1098
09-07-15, 09:37 AM
How can I tell what the goal is to obtain craft buildings? Like Potion and Tinker?

Have you checked the main goal guide in The Hub? All kinds of links to info there.

Here's the link in the main Discussion Thread:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-THE-HUB!-Building-Guide-Inventory-Guide-amp-Game-Help

The potion shop, for example, is opened when you expand to the tree lady (That's Ivy). Just follow the goals in your book & do them as you can.

m1stery
09-07-15, 10:48 AM
I did chop it down and got a new one for the quest.

4. Let's try that again
Place tree

5. Necessary Measures

After getting the 4th goal, did you immediately get the 5th one? I don't have that one so I'm just wondering does it maybe show up later?

meme1098
09-07-15, 11:04 AM
4. Let's try that again
Place tree

5. Necessary Measures

After getting the 4th goal, did you immediately get the 5th one? I don't have that one so I'm just wondering does it maybe show up later?

I didn't get the chopping goal right away either but I chopped it except the last chop so I could get the dust. Can't remember what triggered the chopping goal. Keep working on the goals you have & it will pop up. Did you swear to the secrecy pact already?

m1stery
09-07-15, 11:46 AM
I didn't get the chopping goal right away either but I chopped it except the last chop so I could get the dust. Can't remember what triggered the chopping goal. Keep working on the goals you have & it will pop up. Did you swear to the secrecy pact already?

Thx for your response.. Yes, I swore to secrecy, out of new goal I only have
4. Preedle of Blythewood

I'm waiting to examine the tree for 3rd time.. I'll just continue the goal I have, hope the one to chop blythewood tre will soon pop up ��

mreames
09-07-15, 12:05 PM

To me, the murmur can be almost as challenging as the living wood. Definitely collect from the faerie bridge, faerie respite, faerie flowerbed and faerie tea party (which can also drop living wood) as often as possible. We didn't get depleted on murmur like we did on living wood but there still isn't that much left.

coolssp
09-07-15, 06:54 PM
Hey anyone notice that living wood drop from sawmill has dwindled - in last 4 collections, I didn't receive a single living wood and I've been watching like a hawk... Both are level 5

mreames
09-07-15, 08:35 PM
Hey anyone notice that living wood drop from sawmill has dwindled - in last 4 collections, I didn't receive a single living wood and I've been watching like a hawk... Both are level 5

The watched pot never boils... The phone never rings... Lol not to make light of it but like you said, watching like a hawk. I've had some living wood drop from my sawmills. Not a lot, but they're still dropping sometimes. Doing the math, I realize this is going to take a long time and I have 4 living wood trees... I think I've about decided to just play normal while still collecting from everything that has a chance to drop living wood and murmurs.

SpiritWind00
09-07-15, 08:42 PM
I agree, they drop when they drop and we craft a new faerie sap when we can. This is another long term goal.

Wouldn't be surprised if Part 2 of this questline only requires completion of part A goals.:)

janddolphins
09-07-15, 08:49 PM
I personally am happy for a long term goal, and it doesn't feel crazy monotonous since several things need to be collected to make the required parts. Looking forward to having something to do for a while :)

Thanks as always for all the tips here!

EBJW
09-07-15, 08:53 PM
I understand something strange is going on with the Blythewood tree. All's not quite clear to me, so therefore:

I'm still in the middle of quest 2: 'better consult an expert'.
However this morning I found a tree sapling in my inventory, I've placed it and have watered it, it's grown now.

I would really like to chop it now,
but I wonder:
if I chop it now, will I stil get another sapling after finishing quest 3 'regal ramifications'? Or must I save it to continue quests 5,6,7?

I keep re-reading previous posts, but must be blonde, I'm still not clear how all works. still confused.
??

SpiritWind00
09-07-15, 11:48 PM
I keep re-reading previous posts, but must be blonde, I'm still not clear how all works. still confused.
??

I think what is best is if you place the trees you get as rewards and then leave them till you get the goal to know what to do. You get 2 free trees which you water 5 times to grow. I'm just following my goals. I did place and water the tree a few times in anticipation of the next step. ;)

AnniePMH
09-07-15, 11:51 PM
??

I don't see why you shouldn't get the tree? Regal Ramnifications has a Blythewood tree as one of the rewards:)

jbfps116
09-08-15, 12:40 AM
875 SAP AND LIVING WOOD !!!!!!!! FOR THE BULB!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!! 10 min later: I have 2 more living trees!!!

EBJW
09-08-15, 01:12 AM
I think what is best is if you place the trees you get as rewards and then leave them till you get the goal to know what to do. You get 2 free trees which you water 5 times to grow. I'm just following my goals. I did place and water the tree a few times in anticipation of the next step. ;)

Thanx for the help :)
I had 1 sapling, found it unexpectedly in my inventory, before the relevant quest was finished.
Luckily a neighbour in the same situation just helped me out and confirmed some things for me, so all's well!

EBJW
09-08-15, 01:18 AM
I don't see why you shouldn't get the tree? Regal Ramnifications has a Blythewood tree as one of the rewards:)

Yes, but I wasn't near that quest yet.
Therefore my fear if the quest would pop up anyway if I'd chop the unexpected saplingtree...

Don't find my fear so strange, as some players got into trouble cause they gemmed some things that lead to no relevant quest popping up...! (but hey, just looked in the mirror, and yes, still blonde ;))

AnniePMH
09-08-15, 05:14 AM
Yes, but I wasn't near that quest yet.
Therefore my fear if the quest would pop up anyway if I'd chop the unexpected saplingtree...

Don't find my fear so strange, as some players got into trouble cause they gemmed some things that lead to no relevant quest popping up...! (but hey, just looked in the mirror, and yes, still blonde ;))

No, not strange at all that you're careful, that's sort of necessary in this game, makes you a smart blonde, lol (you know that I'm blonde too...:rolleyes:)! If you placed the first bulb, that's where you got the blythewood tree, so the next would come after Regal Ramnifications. We're supposed to get one blythewood tree in each of the two goal chains. Or maybe it's me who misunderstand what you're saying?:)

meme1098
09-08-15, 08:38 AM
I chopped the tree only 5 times to get the blyth dust and left it there with 1 chop to go. This helps with the blyth dust processing since the Goddess tree just drops 1 dust every 22 hrs. So now I'm at 8/10 dust & it makes the goal "More Than Meets the Eye" progress a bit quicker.

midgetsocks
09-08-15, 08:38 AM
Weird, I've chopped down 2 Blythewood trees and haven't received a single living wood. Granted those were the trees from the quests. Just bought some on my own, waiting to grow them and see what happens.:rolleyes:

meme1098
09-08-15, 08:40 AM
Weird, I've chopped down 2 Blythewood trees and haven't received a single living wood. Granted those were the trees from the quests. Just bought some on my own, waiting to grow them and see what happens.:rolleyes:

So when did they open up in the Market for you to buy? Mine are still locked.
My goals - More Than Meets the Eye & upgrade to level 3.

midgetsocks
09-08-15, 08:49 AM
^ It was after visiting the Tabernum, where it says "think" I had to go click on the coin above the Tabernum, then it unlocked. I just looked at the front page and it's the next goal for you, after more than meets the eye.

But there is something funny about this part A quest line, the way it shows up in the game..can't put my finger on it.

meme1098
09-08-15, 08:53 AM
^ It was after visiting the Tabernum, where it says "think" I had to go click on the coin above the Tabernum, then it unlocked. I just looked at the front page and it's the next goal for you, after more than meets the eye.

But there is something funny about this part A quest line, the way it shows up in the game..can't put my finger on it.
Ah, good. So I have a bit to do yet. Thanks, midge.
Yea, I think some parts rely on completion of other parts, like - Some Part A goals don't show up until some Part B goals are completed & vice versa. Kinda weird.

ktorewqas
09-08-15, 09:58 AM
I finished part A then bought few blythewood trees. Now they are grown up, I chopped one and got Blythe dust :D I am still far from the end of part B :o

bonzaiii
09-08-15, 11:17 AM
The blythEwood tree is not dropping living wood

PikaSquirrel
09-08-15, 11:49 AM
So when did they open up in the Market for you to buy? Mine are still locked.
My goals - More Than Meets the Eye & upgrade to level 3.

It unlocks in your Market after you complete "A Second Opinion".

vanessapee
09-08-15, 12:45 PM

SW, dear, did you hear any news?
Im still having problem with my main account.
I did check my inventory and did force- closed my game - still nothing - i cant buy the bulb and i dont have it saved in my storage.
Do i have to reinstall my game?

ps. just want to thank TL for giving us such a beautiful drawn bulb and letting us have two of them (for zero gems)

potatoKida
09-08-15, 01:12 PM
Why does it have to be 35 living wood for every sap QAQ I've just used all the living I had for trades and vital extract to make them to allergy potions T-T Could you by any chance at least lower it to 20 living wood for every sap? ;_______________;

PikaSquirrel
09-08-15, 01:59 PM
I did check my inventory and did force- closed my game - still nothing - i cant buy the bulb and i dont have it saved in my storage.

ps. just want to thank TL for giving us such a beautiful drawn bulb and letting us have two of them (for zero gems)

Please send me a PM with your other Storm8 ID so we can look into this for you.

nessa005
09-08-15, 05:58 PM
I just got a living wood from the bidding booth! Wow has that happened to anyone else?

danzplace
09-08-15, 07:08 PM
How exciting. I need to try it. My booth and track have been giving stars only

coolssp
09-08-15, 07:08 PM
I just got a living wood from the bidding booth! Wow has that happened to anyone else?
After reading your post, I cleared my booth and lo behold - got a living wood:-)

DrP4ever
09-08-15, 08:41 PM
So incredibly boring........chop the trees, chop the trees, water, water, water, plant the trees, plant the white flowers, wait forever.....zzzzz

AnniePMH
09-08-15, 09:08 PM
The bidding booth now seems to alternate between dropping jewels or living wood. About 50% chance of getting living wood:)

AnniePMH
09-08-15, 09:12 PM
I need to know if we can still make the Faerie Sap after completing all the goals this update. Anyone who did this? Also need confirmation from TL/S8 that we are supposed to be able to buy as many bulbs as we want to after unlocking them in the market. This is still most unclear! Thank you in advance:)

EBJW
09-08-15, 09:58 PM
So incredibly boring........chop the trees, chop the trees, water, water, water, plant the trees, plant the white flowers, wait forever.....zzzzz

No, no, no need to plant trees!
You can buy dead trees, you don't have to water them, you can chop them right away for wood!

EBJW
09-08-15, 10:00 PM
The bidding booth now seems to alternate between dropping jewels or living wood. About 50% chance of getting living wood:)

Do you know if the track also drops living wood?
(I try you first before getting that... thing out :o)

---

Just tried the bidding booth: mine gave jewels I think (it was hasty, I am maxed on jewels),
but I keep trying !

AnniePMH
09-08-15, 10:24 PM
Do you know if the track also drops living wood?
(I try you first before getting that... thing out :o)

---

Just tried the bidding booth: mine gave jewels I think (it was hasty, I am maxed on jewels),
but I keep trying !

I don't think so...I'm getting horse hair, carrots, armor and fertilizer from the Horse Track, when I try it out now:)

SpiritWind00
09-08-15, 11:30 PM
I need to know if we can still make the Faerie Sap after completing all the goals this update. Anyone who did this? Also need confirmation from TL/S8 that we are supposed to be able to buy as many bulbs as we want to after unlocking them in the market. This is still most unclear! Thank you in advance:)

I've asked this for you Annie. Good question. I made lots of Sap and collected lots of Blythedust in the previous goal as I knew it would disappear. Will let you all know answer when I hear back. :)

janddolphins
09-08-15, 11:36 PM
No, no, no need to plant trees!
You can buy dead trees, you don't have to water them, you can chop them right away for wood!

I do a combo of the two as the goodies with dead trees are nice too, but the benifit of living trees and watering them to wait is they do drop living wood on occasion with each chop

AnniePMH
09-08-15, 11:44 PM
I've asked this for you Annie. Good question. I made lots of Sap and collected lots of Blythedust in the previous goal as I knew it would disappear. Will let you all know answer when I hear back. :)

Thank you very much dear SpiritWind! I'll try to wait patiently:)

xuliestelle
09-09-15, 12:08 AM

I have same problem ...that's weird ... Blythe wood in inventory. No quest. We d better consult team lava about that...

SpiritWind00
09-09-15, 12:13 AM
I have same problem ...that's weird ... Blythe wood in inventory. No quest. We d better consult team lava about that...

Whats in your goal book and how much of each have you done? Thankfully, there are no bugs in this goal.

AnniePMH
09-09-15, 01:49 AM

Ok, I got info from a great neighbor, so here goes: I have now completed all goals, included Preemptive Provisions. The bulbs are unlocked for me in the market, and I've been able to buy as many as I've wanted to. I'm also still able to make the Faerie Sap!:D

Edit: Therefore it seems like it is indeed a bug if you've completed all goals this update, and still not able to buy trees or bulbs. Still want confirmation on this from TL/S8, though:confused:

dragon2046
09-09-15, 02:54 AM
Ok, I got info from a great neighbor, so here goes: I have now completed all goals, included Preemptive Provisions. The bulbs are unlocked for me in the market, and I've been able to buy as many as I've wanted to. I'm also still able to make the Faerie Sap!:D

Edit: Therefore it seems like it is indeed a bug if you've completed all goals this update, and still not able to buy trees or bulbs. Still want confirmation on this from TL/S8, though:confused:

Same for me. I can still make faerie sap buy trees and bulbs. :)

konstans07
09-09-15, 03:58 AM
35 living woods for only 1 faerie sap!!! No comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i chopped trees and no living wood at all! not even 1 piece!!!

Am i suppose to get this by crafting at the potion shop every 15 min?????or wait the sawmill IF drop one every 3 hours????

wow

eva178
09-09-15, 08:08 AM
What's exactly the function of this Faerie Bulb building thing?
What does it drop?
Anyone having the description from the Faerie Bulb (Info at the back of the inventory cards)?

dala12
09-09-15, 08:36 AM
Same here...no living wood either only sap. And making living wood in shed is expensive ... Mmm

mreames
09-09-15, 08:49 AM
What's exactly the function of this Faerie Bulb building thing?
What does it drop?
Anyone having the description from the Faerie Bulb (Info at the back of the inventory cards)?

"A place for fairies to rest and recuperate."

sourp4tch
09-09-15, 10:58 AM

The Faerie Sap is a new permanent craft, after completing It's About Time! - prior to this, it is available only during Something There That Wasn't There Before.

After completing Preemptive Provisions, you will then be able to purchase and build more Faerie Bulbs!

Likewise, the Blythewood Tree becomes unlocked for purchase after completing A Second Opinion.

There's some confusion regarding the rewarded Blythewood Trees - you will need to grow one Blythewood Tree during the quest Let's Try That Again. There are two different quests which reward one Blythewood Tree, so everyone is safe to go ahead and do what they wish with the first Blythewood Tree they receive even if they don't have that quest yet.

Hope this helps clarify some things! <3

vednir
09-09-15, 11:08 AM
What does the completed level 5 faerie bulb drop?

farmergrandma
09-09-15, 12:15 PM
I'm getting about 1 living wood per 100 chops! That's a reduced rate from normal. My sawmills are not even dropping it consistently! If these aren't reduced drop rates then maybe it's time to speed them up. 35 for fairy sap plus needed for vital extract. Good grief!

dragon2046
09-09-15, 12:20 PM
What does the completed level 5 faerie bulb drop?

Coins.

meme1098
09-09-15, 12:26 PM
Coins.

Oh boy....just coins, huh? I know goal buildings usually only give coins at first but no change at Level 5 is a bit ridiculous considering all the hugely expensive, & practically non-existent resources it takes to upgrade it all the way. :(

dragon2046
09-09-15, 12:36 PM
Oh boy....just coins, huh? I know goal buildings usually only give coins at first but no change at Level 5 is a bit ridiculous considering all the hugely expensive, & practically non-existent resources it takes to upgrade it all the way. :(

I agree. I'm seriously hoping this isn't the new "norm" for CS goals cuz I would be greatly disappointed. Hoping for some really good holiday stuff like in the past. The faerie bulb is pretty but not worth the effort at all. IMO of course :)

ktorewqas
09-09-15, 12:39 PM
Then it means that the bulb will have more upgrades like the goddess tree lol

eicyarg
09-09-15, 12:41 PM
I've had enough. I've been collecting fertilizer, horseshoes, ingots and banners and now living wood!!! I've been playing for several years, and it was fun. But now it's just too repetitive to collect the necessary items. I'm sitting with a half completed horse arena and no way to upgrade it without thousands of gems!! And now living wood! It's too boring, and I'm deleting the game!!

meme1098
09-09-15, 01:13 PM
I've had enough. I've been collecting fertilizer, horseshoes, ingots and banners and now living wood!!! I've been playing for several years, and it was fun. But now it's just too repetitive to collect the necessary items. I'm sitting with a half completed horse arena and no way to upgrade it without thousands of gems!! And now living wood! It's too boring, and I'm deleting the game!!

So sorry you're feeling that way. I've been just going about doing my ordinary collecting & not stressing about the living wood, or murmur for that matter. When it gets replenished I'll make more of the sap but it's not a timed goal so there's no rush for me.
In regards to community events, I'm not a fan of those. Didn't finish the vineyard because I was gone for a few days & that makes those hard to complete. I just threw it in storage afterwards. Didn't drop anything I couldn't get another way & the completed track is pretty much the same. Nothing spectacular drops from it that you couldn't get by other means.

jdygmgi
09-09-15, 03:51 PM

I feel the same. S8 requires us to use about 500 gems or more than 900 living woods (or some mix of them) to update Faerie Bulb to lvl. 5 just to drop coins, but if we don't it will block further updates of the game... I managed to get almost maxed on Faerie Blocks and Beams and now they come with this absolutely unreasonable quest, just trying us to buy gems to continue the game.

I am giving up. Good night and good Luck.

meme1098
09-09-15, 04:40 PM
You have all the time you want to finish this quest. You don't need to spend gems to finish the faerie bulb. Just play your regular game everyday & when you're full on living wood again make more sap. It's not a race but a leisurely stroll. :D
We have some awesome players who gem ahead & keep us informed of each step along the way but that doesn't mean all players have to do this. In fact, it's a goal that can be completed at any time since it's not timed. For me paying with gems to skip steps just defeats the purpose of the goal for me...working towards each new step in & of itself is a new accomplishment. :)

jdygmgi
09-09-15, 05:04 PM
You have all the time you want to finish this quest. You don't need to spend gems to finish the faerie bulb. Just play your regular game everyday & when you're full on living wood again make more sap. It's not a race but a leisurely stroll. :D
We have some awesome players who gem ahead & keep us informed of each step along the way but that doesn't mean all players have to do this. In fact, it's a goal that can be completed at any time since it's not timed. For me paying with gems to skip steps just defeats the purpose of the goal for me...working towards each new step in & of itself is a new accomplishment. :)

TY for your words, I know you wrote honestly, but do realize that 900 living woods means about half a year to get under a regular game everyday, maybe even more time. I wonder why S8 didn't ask us for 3600 living woods, so two years to get it would have been more "funny"... Well, maybe in Part 2 of The Blythewood Faeries ;) who knows

No, really, as eicyarg said, this is enough.

MAC121980
09-09-15, 06:59 PM
Sorry if I'm doing this wrong but I've never posted in here before....
So, I finished "Regal Ramifications" and got the Blythewood Sapling but never got the "Let's Try That Again" goal. I grew the sapling and chopped it down but nothing else has happened? Has this happened to anyone else?

meme1098
09-09-15, 07:19 PM
So, I finished "Regal Ramifications" and got the Blythewood Sapling but never got the "Let's Try That Again" goal. I grew the sapling and chopped it down but nothing else has happened? Has this happened to anyone else?

Have you upgraded the bulb to level 2 & tapped the Tavern three times? Seems like after that I got the next goal in the other part.
The connection between the 2 goals are little screwy, I think.

MAC121980
09-09-15, 07:38 PM
Oh...that may be it...I didn't realize the goals were tied and I haven't finished upgrading my farmhouses. I'll try that, thanks!!!

lovdance
09-09-15, 08:55 PM
Hi there, looking for help please! I currently have only the magic collaboration goal to do and it says to place the fairie bulb. Went to inventory and found it but it is locked. I have no other goals. I found at the beginning that there is a goal to place the sapling and did it but no goal so nothing is happening. Any ideas what may have happened? Thanks!

asikosan
09-09-15, 10:09 PM

maybe your accnt is maxed on buildings! sell one and see! Pika helped me:D

SpiritWind00
09-09-15, 11:52 PM
Hi there, looking for help please! I currently have only the magic collaboration goal to do and it says to place the fairie bulb. Went to inventory and found it but it is locked. I have no other goals. I found at the beginning that there is a goal to place the sapling and did it but no goal so nothing is happening. Any ideas what may have happened? Thanks!
Have you finished Part A goals? The Bulb is in the Building tab. can you double check and post again please.

EBJW
09-10-15, 01:31 AM

My bidding booth must be blonde in spirit as well:
tried lots now, and only got jewels..... :(

Chaotarch
09-10-15, 06:44 AM
...i still have the goal "lets try that again", but i plant my 2 blythwood trees.
but the goal reset 2times. :( i have skipped the goals before and now no more bwt to plant:mad:

dont read the 23 sides, if thats a known bug.

AnniePMH
09-10-15, 08:25 AM
...i still have the goal "lets try that again", but i plant my 2 blythwood trees.
but the goal reset 2times. :( i have skipped the goals before and now no more bwt to plant:mad:

dont read the 23 sides, if thats a known bug.

I don't think it's known...That sounds like a bug to me:confused:
Edit: Maybe some nice TL/S8 staff on patrol here could answer this question?:)

Edit 2: I have a neigbor with a slightly different blythewood tree glitch. The tree disappeared from the Queendom in question, only to end up fully grown in inventory...:confused: For all players with suspected tree/bulb glitches/bugs, better check out inventory very thoroughly...

mrootje
09-10-15, 08:46 AM
Is there any tree 'best' for gaining living wood?

AnniePMH
09-10-15, 08:53 AM
Is there any tree 'best' for gaining living wood?

No, all trees have the same drop rate of living wood, supposedly:)
Edit: Dead trees, old logs and plant in a log do not drop living wood at all. Blythewood trees seem to have a very low living wood drop rate...

lovdance
09-10-15, 09:49 AM
Have you finished Part A goals? The Bulb is in the Building tab. can you double check and post again please.

I got as far as Regal Ramifications and the next goal of Let's Try It Again never appeared. I only have Magic Collabration sitting in my goals and the Fairie Bulb is locked in my market. I hope you can assist.

meme1098
09-10-15, 10:50 AM
I got as far as Regal Ramifications and the next goal of Let's Try It Again never appeared. I only have Magic Collabration sitting in my goals and the Fairie Bulb is locked in my market. I hope you can assist.

Have you checked the buildings tab in your inventory. This is the most confusing thing about this goal! People think they get the bulb from the Market when it's actually in your inventory under the buildings tab! :D

**** SW...You may need to put this info on the first page in giant red letters....lol. Players are so confused about this & the question keeps popping up just about everyday. :)

greediron
09-10-15, 02:26 PM
No, all trees have the same drop rate of living wood, supposedly:)
Edit: Dead trees, old logs and plant in a log do not drop living wood at all. Blythewood trees seem to have a very low living wood drop rate...
Someone else mentioned this and I have tried it, the drop rate seems to get lower when your inventory is depleted. Living wood was scarce, only seeing 1 drop from my living tree. So I have held off my OCD and now have 60+ stockpiled without crafting another fairy sap. And the latest visit to the living tree dropped 3.

So I am a believer, drop rates always seem to bottom out on what we need. S8 sez it doesn't change drop rates. Maybe that is because they don't change the algorithm that already reduces drops for low inventory items?

lovdance
09-10-15, 02:43 PM
Have you checked the buildings tab in your inventory. This is the most confusing thing about this goal! People think they get the bulb from the Market when it's actually in your inventory under the buildings tab! :D

**** SW...You may need to put this info on the first page in giant red letters....lol. Players are so confused about this & the question keeps popping up just about everyday. :)

My apologies as I used the wrong term. Yes I have checked the buildings inventory and it show the fairie bulb as locked.

Thank you

meme1098
09-10-15, 03:05 PM
My apologies as I used the wrong term. Yes I have checked the buildings inventory and it show the fairie bulb as locked.

Thank you

You sure that wasn't the Market?

Your inventory shows items that you have that you can place on your game board. There are no locked items in your inventory. Check the buildings tab in your inventory & scroll through your buildings for the bulb

Tap Market, My Inventory, & then the buildings tab.

kikilicious74
09-11-15, 08:26 AM
Living wood. So annoying. But I love the game! 💜

I also don't understand why people are so impatient about it. Calm down, it's just a game. And yes, it might take awhile... I know it will for me cause I don't skip with gems. (I will be saving any I get for my horse track to finish that off.. First thing I haven't actually finished on time. So sad!)

Enjoy the game and have fun. It's not like there is any reason to rush. It's not timed, and you don't get an extra prize for being first.

vednir
09-11-15, 10:25 AM
Has anyone finished the faerie bulb? Is it confirmed that a level 5 bulb is merely a coin building and can go into storage as soon as it's completed?

AnniePMH
09-11-15, 10:56 AM
Has anyone finished the faerie bulb? Is it confirmed that a level 5 bulb is merely a coin building and can go into storage as soon as it's completed?

Yes, i have finished a lev 5 Faerie bulb (and finished Preemptive Provisions goal) and so have several other players:) It only drops xp and coins...

meme1098
09-11-15, 11:01 AM
Yes, i have finished a lev 5 Faerie bulb (and finished Preemptive Provisions goal) and so have several other players:) It only drops xp and coins...

So no rush to finish if even at all...lol. What a let down

AnniePMH
09-11-15, 11:04 AM
So no rush to finish if even at all...lol. What a let down

You're right, but I hope that we will get drops from the bulbs in part 2 of this update...:rolleyes::)

Haflaxus
09-11-15, 05:26 PM
After I finished the quest "Regal Ramifications" the follow quest ("Let's try that again") didn't show up. Is there something wrong with my game? Please help me!

figththefire
09-11-15, 05:47 PM
Living wood. So annoying. But I love the game! ��

I also don't understand why people are so impatient about it. Calm down, it's just a game. And yes, it might take awhile... I know it will for me cause I don't skip with gems. (I will be saving any I get for my horse track to finish that off.. First thing I haven't actually finished on time. So sad!)

Enjoy the game and have fun. It's not like there is any reason to rush. It's not timed, and you don't get an extra prize for being first.

I agree, for me long term quest is much better than new building offering for gems only. The faerie bulb is soo gorgeous, and ill give all my lw and murmurs for that)) youre so right, in the end of the day, its just a game, why to get SO upset...

fish63
09-11-15, 06:36 PM
Still can't get free gift. Disappears before I can click on it! Help!

Haflaxus
09-12-15, 05:01 AM

Got the same problem
Haven't chopped down the Blythewood Tree
Had started a new thread about this. My bad, I didn't look up for players with the same problem :P

meme1098
09-12-15, 06:55 AM
Got the same problem
Haven't chopped down the Blythewood Tree
Had started a new thread about this. My bad, I didn't look up for players with the same problem :P

See my answer in your thread. I think you need to finish visiting the Goddess tree before the next goal pops up for the Blythe tree.

QueenCarolyn
09-12-15, 07:51 AM
Just wanted to say that I now have 99 Blythedusts from chopping down the Blythe trees. Just got my bulb to level 3. I hope we get some use for Blythedust in the future. This seems like a good update to me- not too easy and not too hard.

meme1098
09-12-15, 03:45 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know - when collecting from Greselda's Garden it dropped a living wood. Don't remember it ever doing that before. :)

roguebee
09-12-15, 05:31 PM
It's a rare drop, on par with getting a dark seed or one of the flowers.

Galadraal
09-12-15, 05:46 PM
those bidding booths also give living wood so I pulled them out of storage. I checked my other game because I like collecting from something before I put it in storage and it gave the wood

EBJW
09-12-15, 10:46 PM
those bidding booths also give living wood so I pulled them out of storage. I checked my other game because I like collecting from something before I put it in storage and it gave the wood

Yes, the bidding booth gives living wood as well, but mine gives very very few; most of the time I get jewels, and only once in a (long long) while a libing wood pops up...

DrP4ever
09-12-15, 11:39 PM
I thought I only needed to upgrade to level 3. This is just plain dumb. Can't believe the amount of supplies needed. And can't do any because I have no living wood.

twinkletoes12348
09-13-15, 07:01 AM
For those of you having trouble with the living wood, can't you just make it in the potion shop?

lovdance
09-13-15, 07:04 AM
You sure that wasn't the Market?

Your inventory shows items that you have that you can place on your game board. There are no locked items in your inventory. Check the buildings tab in your inventory & scroll through your buildings for the bulb

Tap Market, My Inventory, & then the buildings tab.

Thank you so much for your help! I just got around to this and lo and behold, there it was!