View Full Version : Animal Update: Station Dalmation 9/4/15

Pages : [1] 2

cocauina
09-01-15, 02:57 PM

Fire + Earth combo

14 hours breeding and incubation
15 hours evolution

And a Armordillo for my first try.. yey
Another Armordillo for my second try.. (not) very happy!
More Armodillo's to sell.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23385&d=1441144568

There's no emergency now, but your newest arrival will keep an eye out for fires in your Forest. While she's keeping everyone safe, she'll warm up your heart. You'll be quite the match for the Station Dalmation in Fantasy Forest Story!

SummerNightSky
09-01-15, 03:02 PM
LOL, we posted at almost exactly the same time xD

cocauina
09-01-15, 03:02 PM
Indeed xD

SummerNightSky
09-01-15, 03:08 PM
I'm curious if this is going to be a breeding trio. There are three dog statues in the habitat, and the Station Dalmation/ian (don't know if TL/S8's spelling is a typo or deliberate) resembles one of them. I could see the statue on the right being a German Shepard-like police dog.

tennysonrobin
09-01-15, 03:08 PM
Another dog?? But yeah she s a cutie
I wonder what element that is, fire and...? And what is with the habitat? Seems really mysterious to me ;)

tennysonrobin
09-01-15, 03:12 PM
I'm curious if this is going to be a breeding trio. There are three dog statues in the habitat, and the Station Dalmation/ian (don't know if TL/S8's spelling is a typo or deliberate) resembles one of them. I could see the statue on the right being a German Shepard-like police dog.
Oh in that case i remember the lullabison disaster after which i had a pack of armordillos and no music animals... This is gonna be a huge struggle @@

ninasidstorm8
09-01-15, 03:17 PM

I think you could be right. We haven't had a trio to breed since the end of June and it seems a little too early for another World Event. Of course it could just be a regular animal in a new habitat for the basic elements.

SummerNightSky
09-01-15, 03:20 PM
Oh in that case i remember the lullabison disaster after which i had a pack of armordillos and no music animals... This is gonna be a huge struggle @@
Yeah, trying for the music animals wasn't much fun for me either. I had no luck until the very end, when I got a Lullabison. I'm grateful I got one at all of course: I could have gotten none. And I did get a Rampage, Volcamel, Aperil Fool, and Magmacore in the process (didn't have any of those).

I do still hope I'm wrong about this being a trio xD

Drachenia
09-01-15, 03:21 PM
Hi together, I hope it is a new animal type and re extensions and new habitats. I have no way to accommodate a habitat, yet new animals. :confused:

Sandybellee
09-01-15, 03:23 PM
Very intriguing! Definitely looks like a dog trio. So many new animals coming out right now!

cocauina
09-01-15, 03:47 PM
Never thought about a new Trio, probably the new element will be a bone? xD But, indeed, it seems this will be a new trio.

My last trio was horrible, 2 Lullabison's on my main account, and on my second account I got Lullabison and Tubacan, no Melodeer.

The only Trios I was able to finish were the Christmas and Space trios. From the Valentine Trio, I don't have Matripony.

chippychan
09-01-15, 04:51 PM

Good call. The one in the middle is definitely a St. Bernard. It's kind of weird to me that the habitat would have pictures of the dogs though...

I don't mind the trio events myself, although they can get frustrating. I've managed to finish the last 2 (cosmic and music) but only finished Valentine on my secondary (ipad) account. My main account's attempt at the Valentine trio was horrible; it only managed 1 smitten kitten. I wasn't playing during the Christmas event so I missed out completely on that one.

kittenthief
09-01-15, 06:22 PM
I don't like the new animal, but it would be fun to try breeding a trio again. :)

LonePudding
09-01-15, 08:34 PM
I'm also hoping it's part of a new trio, failed the last one by getting 3 lullabisons and nothing more. Thinking of names for this element...pup, doggy, canine, or bone like cocauina said. I'm curious.

ogreve
09-01-15, 10:04 PM
Oh yes this most definitely must be a trio. I was already wondering if a new trio would be on the horizon soon. I like the colour of the habitat. The Dalmation shows that it's a fire-something hybrid. For now all that I'm going to write about the breeding formula is: plleeeeaaaaseeee don't be fire-earth. o)
Judging from the colour scheme of the first dog I think the 'bone' guess that was made could very well be it.
There's one thing I learnt from the music animals' frustration: this time I WILL also be following my own agenda of 4-element breeding. I hope to breed the first animal early and then use it in 4-element attempts at the second one....

This one will require some advance planning on my behalf. I just finished getting my upper green shelf and the upper purple shelf up to my desires. I was still working on the lower purple shelf, but with the 4 habitats it currently has it already looks good. The new dog habitat colourwise will see me wanting to put it on the blue plots, of which I completed the lower shelf and of which the upper shelf is beautiful, yet terrible to expand to (expensive and terrible 33-hour long foliage clearing steps).
I had just started keeping a bit of an early 'bomb buffer' to have them handy for the next tale, but.... with a 3-week trio coming this week, I don't think a new tale will start within the next 4 weeks or so. At present I only have 12 runes and I still need 58 for my next expansion. I see no other option than starting now early with mining the 9 bombs I currently have away so I can expand as soon as possible to the first of the upper blue plots. Once that's done, there will still be the 33 hour time required to clear the spot. Between breeding, mining, expanding, foliage clearing etc. in an ideal situation it will probably still be somewhere next week earliest that I can have a spot available for the habitat. Then there's cost. I was doing back-to-back Charm Cherry growing so as to epic several animals and to start stocking up a bit so I'd have a 50K food buffer. I'm at 25K now, of which a part will be used to raise the Steel Woolly Mammoth, the Pygmy Giraffe and the Mercat to level 10 or so. Coin-wise I currently have only 2.1M left, so I shall have to buy some cheaper food than Charm Cherries alone. Expanding to the blue plot will be 1M and then (depending on which blue plot can be had) it will be a further amount between 775K and 1.3M to clear the foliage away, then an estimated 500K for the special habitat.... Hmmm, I'll start interchanging Charm Cherry growing with Mana Bananas, I think, until I have a buffer of around 5M.

Animenia
09-02-15, 01:01 AM
Oh no... Trio again :eek:

I have only one full Trio - luckily it is Valentine Trio :)

Besides I only have:
Christmas - Poodle
Space - Lemurcury
Melody - Tubacan
But I love my Tubacan because it gave me two Unicorns :D

Annica5
09-02-15, 01:47 AM
I would love a trio of dogs! First of all, they don't have wings. ;) But I'm gonna have to store more decor to fit in a new habitat, getting a bit too crowded for fun now.

Drachenia
09-02-15, 06:46 AM
If a dog's Trio is for breeding, I'm at a disadvantage. I can not build more Habitat and my 66 habitats are full, up to 6 habitats where I could still expand with 500 gemstones can. But that enhance the habitats is expensive, I can no longer afford it. I would be very happy if it is a new species. Please TL think of the players who are on the limit, Thanks :D

SummerNightSky
09-02-15, 12:08 PM
I'm also hoping it's part of a new trio, failed the last one by getting 3 lullabisons and nothing more. Thinking of names for this element...pup, doggy, canine, or bone like cocauina said. I'm curious.
I think "Paw" would be a good name for it. There is that paw symbol on the habitat, so I could see that being the emblem for the element.

Unless I get all three animals, I doubt I'll buy the habitat. My Lullabison is doing just fine in a Big Earth Plateau alongside a Plantlers and Rock Rhino.

cocauina
09-02-15, 04:00 PM
I think "Paw" would be a good name for it. There is that paw symbol on the habitat, so I could see that being the emblem for the element.

Unless I get all three animals, I doubt I'll buy the habitat. My Lullabison is doing just fine in a Big Earth Plateau alongside a Plantlers and Rock Rhino.

Never notice the "Paw" on the habitat, it may be the icon indeed, like the rest of the trios and their icons in the habitats hahaha
Space is the only one that doesn't have the icon in the habitat, apparently.

tvangstanke
09-03-15, 05:50 AM
Yes, from the looks of the habitat and the dog's scarf, the Paw will be a new element.

Wow, look at the three dog statues in the habitat... These are all emergency animals! You've got the fire fighter Dalmatian, the police agent Sheperd, and the medical assistant St. Bernard :D

tvangstanke
09-03-15, 05:51 AM
I don't like the new animal, but it would be fun to try breeding a trio again. :)

The fact that Kittenthief don't like dogs in their forest is too funny :rolleyes:

pegasus2010
09-04-15, 02:45 AM
I have no dog update

sweetdeda
09-04-15, 03:28 AM
I have no dog update
The update isn't until later today.
I'm looking forward to breeding a new trio, it is very frustrating at times, but still very enjoyable. Wishing everyone lots of luck!

Q22014
09-04-15, 06:05 AM
Since I'm new to fantasy forest, could someone please expain how a new trio works?

Thanks and sorry if it is a redundant question.

chippychan
09-04-15, 06:27 AM
Since I'm new to fantasy forest, could someone please expain how a new trio works?

We're just assuming it's a trio right now so there's a chance it *might* not be, but if it is a trio then it usually works like this:

- When the game updates you will be given a new goal that tells you to breed 2 particular elements together to try and get 1 specific limited animal. We'll call this Animal #1.
- A 2nd limited animal will be introduced for breeding with the next update several days later (usually requiring the same element combo as the 1st). This is Animal #2.
- Finally, a 3rd limited animal will be introduced for breeding with the next update several days later but this one will require you to breed Animal #1 and Animal #2 together.

The only way to get this 3rd animal is to be lucky enough to get the first 2 animals and then be lucky enough to breed the 3rd animal using the first 2 animals. However, if you are fortunate enough to have 2 Crystal Unicorns you can try getting the 3rd animal by breeding them together instead.

I hope this helps. :)

ogreve
09-04-15, 06:40 AM

Hi,

If the trio works the same way as previous trios have worked, it will go as follows:

-The trio breeding time will last for 3 weeks.
-The first two trio animals will be hybrids of one common element, and one new "special" element that can only be used in breeding during the duration of the trio.
-The first animal that is to be bred would then become available tonight, and by all means seems to be a fire hybrid. The exact breeding formula is not yet known to me, but it should be fire + another common element. This animal can go in the new special habitat and in any common habitat that can house fire animals.
-The second animal that is to be bred would become available with Tuesday's update, and it should be a hybrid of the new element and the "other" (as of yet unknown) common element that is needed for breeding the first two new animals. Hence, the second animal will be a different hybrid, having the new element in common with the first animal. This animal can go in the new special habitat and in any common habitat that can house animals of the "other" common element kind.
-The third animal would become available with next Friday's update. This animal will be of the single (new to be released) "pure" element kind. It can only be bred by breeding the animals of the first and second kind together, and by breeding two gem animals (I hope I'm saying this correctly), which can also result in pure element outcomes. Should you e.g. have two Unicorns, you can use that too as breeding formula. This animal can only go in the special habitat, so should you manage to breed it, you will need the special habitat for it too.
-The special habitats can normally hold up to 3 animals and will have a coin capacity of 25,000 coins. It can be bought from the store for 500K coins and will initially say "limited" (available during the entire duration of the event) then briefly disappear for a week or so and then permanently return to the shop.
-The first two animals will be of the 'rare' class and the third one of the 'super rare' class, making it (on average) more difficult to breed the last one than the first and second ones.
-Once more than 1 animal is available, they can be bred in any order (using the right formula) so you don't have to have the first animal first, before being able to get the second or third ones (for the latter: that of course only works when doing gem breeding).

From the top of my head I think that's a pretty complete run-down on how trio events work.

Good luck in going for it!

Drachenia
09-04-15, 07:39 AM
If it is a trio I and many other players who are on the limit 66/66 habitats the punished. I very much hope that there is a new element, and thus more habitats and new country extensions it.

Q22014
09-04-15, 07:39 AM
Thanks to both Chippychan and Ogreve for your complete and detailed answers to my inquiry.

HappyHeartBakery
09-04-15, 11:34 AM
its here:) Earth & Fire

calvinxx
09-04-15, 11:35 AM

It looks like everyone was right and there is a new trio of service dogs.

Part 1 is breed Fire and Earth to get a Station Dalmation
Breed time is 14 hours

ogreve
09-04-15, 11:36 AM
It's confirmed. It's a trio just like expected....
The bad news: earth-fire
OMG... Here we go again... Prepare for another Armordillo onslaught..

My results:

--- Station Dalmation attempts ---
#01: Magmacore (6) + Magmacore (6) = Rubble Rooster! [Excellent fail: new animal!]
#02: Magmacore (6) + Magmacore (6) = Volcamel :(
#03: Magmacore (6) + Magmacore (6) = Rampage
#04: Magmacore (6) + Magmacore (6) = Armordillo
#05: Magmacore (6) + Magmacore (6) = Armordillo
#06: Magmacore (15) + Chocolate Rabbit (10) = Aperil Fool
#07: Magmacore (15) + Chocolate Rabbit (10) = Rubble Rooster :S
#08: Magmacore (15) + Chocolate Rabbit (10) = Armordillo

--- After fruitless attempt nr. 8 the K9 was released so I tried equally fruitlessly for that for 10 times ---
--- Results of K9 attempts: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84555-Service-Salute-Part-2-Captain-K9-09-08-15&p=1170504&viewfull=1#post1170504 ---
--- To keep everything together, I have included them here too ---

--- straight earth-nature ---
#09: Ancient Sloth (15) + Hedgehog (12): Plantlers [sped directly off the nest]
#10: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Grassquatch!!!! Finally! That's the only earth-nature fail I needed still!
#11: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers
#12: Ancient Sloth (15) + Bamboon (10): Plantlers
#13: Volcamel (4) + Bamboon (10): Fairy Ferret
#14: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers

--- 4-element breeding ---
#15: Vinotaur (15) + Rainguin (15): Skyger
#16: Vinotaur (15) + Blizard (15): Skyger
#17: Hydro Yak (11) + Armordillo (12): Plantlers

#18: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers

--- Continued Station Dalmation attempts ---
#19: Rock Rhino (15) + Pyro Pony (15) = Volcamel :( :( :( :( :(
#20: Rock Rhino (15) + Pyro Pony (15) = Armordillo
#21: Magmacore (6) + Magmacore (6) = Armordillo

#22: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers
#23: Ancient Sloth (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers
#24: Hedgehog (12) + Grasquatch (10): Plantlers
#25: Ancient Sloth (15) + Grasquatch (10): Plantlers

--- Continued Station Dalmation attempts ---
#26: Aperil Fool (6) + Aperil Fool (6) = Rubble Rooster :S :S :S

--- Lambi released: earth-fire attempts at Lambi and Station Dalmation ---
#27: Aperil Fool (6) + Aperil Fool (6) = Armordillo
#28: Rubble Rooster (10) + Moleten (7) = Armordillo
#29: Rubble Rooster (10) + Chocolate Rabbit (10) = Volcamel :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
#30: Magmacore (6) + Magmacore (6) = Armordillo

--- 4-element breeding ---
#31: Blizard (15) + Sidekicker (15) = Turtisle
#32: Blizard (15) + Sidekicker (15) = Fairy Ferret
#33: Moleten (7) + Sea Horse (7) = Rainguin
#34: Hydro Yak (11) + Magmacore (15) = Turtisle

--- Armordillo breeding for Storybook act 9.4 ---
#35: Armordillo (12) + Unicorgi (7) = Armordillo

--- After acquiring and speed hatching and evolving a Quartz Quetzalcoatl ---
#36: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rock Rhino (15) = Plantlers

--- Fairy Ferret breeding for Storybook act 10.1 ---
#37: Fairy Ferret (13) + Ancient Sloth (15) = Fairy Ferret

--- After returning to breeding with the Quartz Quetzalcoatl ---
#38: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Magmacore (15) = Plantlers
#39: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rock Rhino (15) = Fairy Ferret
#40: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rubble Rooster (10) = Flyerfox!!! [Excellent fail: new animal!]
#41: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Chocolate Rabbit (10) = Fairy Ferret
#42: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rubble Rooster (10) = Armordillo
#43: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rubble Rooster (10) = Lambi!!! [Excellent fail: new animal! Just before it expired.]
#44: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rubble Rooster (10) = Plantlers
#45: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rock Rhino (15) = Bamboon
#46: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Hedgehog (12) = Plantlers
#47: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Hedgehog (12) = Plantlers
#48: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rubble Rooster (10) = Plantlers
#49: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rubble Rooster (10) = Bamboon
#50: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rubble Rooster (10) = Bamboon
#51: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rubble Rooster (10) = Armordillo
#52: Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rubble Rooster (10) = 3 hours... -> Fairy Ferret

Major update:
On September 19th 2015 I finally gave in to the temptation of buying a gem animal. It seems to be the only way to kick-start gem breeding in my forest and there was a 50% off sale of the newly released Quartz Quetzalcoatl (gem-nature, normal price 2200 gems, now 1100 gems) AND at the same time there was a 30% off gem sale. Now after speeding the 31.5 hours of the hatching time and then later 28 hours of evolution time, I finally have a GREAT new impulse for breeding for these dogs. I'll use the Quartz Quetzalcoatl as much as possible in breeding now.

SummerNightSky
09-04-15, 11:37 AM
Lmao at the elements being Earth and Fire. Well, I don't have Rubble Rooster, so there's at least one good "fail." Best of luck everyone!

Lv.10 Rock Rhino x Lv.15 Pyro Pony
1. 14 hours = Volcamel or Station Dalmatian

HappyHeartBakery
09-04-15, 11:37 AM
Wonder how long the Dalmatian timer is....I just got a 12hr breeding straight fire & earth...hoping its not an armadillo:)

RowanaFarrin
09-04-15, 11:39 AM
I'm pretty excited to get to try this. I had just started playing during the last week of the Music trio so I was never able to try for Melodeer. Hoping I can complete this trio! Though it would have been nice to have shorter "fail" times...

First try was 14 hours! Wiki says the Dalmation is 14 hours if that's accurate, but so is Volcamel (which is at least one I don't have yet). Hopefully it's the Dalmation, that would be awesome! :O

Good luck everyone!

tezzy37
09-04-15, 11:40 AM
Haha first try magmacore and unicorn...and a 45 hour timer. Whoops?

Drachenia
09-04-15, 11:44 AM
Hello I now have my 2 Golden Retriever LVL 15 sold, to the Habitat being able to buy. It's a trio yes, I got the station Dalmation. I got him on the 1 trial oh miracle, breed with Pyro Pony / Rock Rhino and it is 14 hours

HappyHeartBakery
09-04-15, 11:44 AM
Wonder how long the Dalmatian timer is....I just got a 12hr breeding straight fire & earth...hoping its not an armadillo:)

so sad...was hoping I'd get lucky and the timer would be the same - nope apparently its 14 hrs. So off to the land of Armadillos I go:(:(:(

HappyHeartBakery
09-04-15, 11:45 AM
Haha first try magmacore and unicorn...and a 45 hour timer. Whoops?

Congrats tezzy37!!

SummerNightSky
09-04-15, 11:48 AM
I got a 14 hour timer, but I'd hate to speed it up and find out it's a Volcamel.

tezzy37
09-04-15, 11:54 AM
Congrats tezzy37!!

Thanks! I think :) Now I have to wait 2 days to try again, but it's definitely worth it. I guess I shouldn't be using unicorns if I don't want that to happen. :p

SummerNightSky
09-04-15, 11:59 AM
Lmao at the elements being Earth and Fire. Well, I don't have Rubble Rooster, so there's at least one good "fail." Best of luck everyone!

Lv.10 Rock Rhino x Lv.15 Pyro Pony
1. 14 hours = Volcamel or Station Dalmatian

I got a 14 hour timer, but I'd hate to speed it up and find out it's a Volcamel.
I bit the bullet. Station Dalmatian!! *acts like an idiot*

Best of luck everyone! Congrats Drachenia on your Dalmatian and congrats tezzy37 on your Ruby Razorback/Obsidian Cyclops! I'm going to take the time between now and the 8th to hatch a few eggs :3

ogreve
09-04-15, 12:00 PM
Hello I now have my 2 Golden Retriever LVL 15 sold, to the Habitat being able to buy. It's a trio yes, I got the station Dalmation. I got him on the 1 trial oh miracle, breed with Pyro Pony / Rock Rhino and it is 14 hours

Hi,
Maybe a weird question, but wouldn't it be better to have sold some common animals that can later on be bred easily?
Selling an ultra rare sounds like a very hefty price to pay :O

SummerNightSky
09-04-15, 12:11 PM
Congrats on your Station Dalmatian! I do wish they'd give them unique breed times, although 14 hours is better than the 12 hour breed time that Lullabison had (that was just mean lol). I wonder if the next of the trio is going to have a 9 hour breed time (iirc that is what Tubacan had) but it could be anything.

Drachenia
09-04-15, 12:12 PM
Hi,
Maybe a weird question, but wouldn't it be better to have sold some common animals that can later on be bred easily?
Selling an ultra rare sounds like a very hefty price to pay :O

Well true Ogreve! But I have my Golden Retriever sold, good luck to you in the breeding, Station Dalmation and thank you for your advice. :D

cardinalpsy
09-04-15, 12:12 PM
Got it with pyro pony and obsidian cyclops. Breeding time 14 hrs, same as Volcamel which is one of the fails. Love the design of the egg though.

Drachenia
09-04-15, 12:18 PM
I bit the bullet. Station Dalmatian!! *acts like an idiot*

Best of luck everyone! Congrats Drachenia on your Dalmatian and congrats tezzy37 on your Ruby Razorback/Obsidian Cyclops! I'm going to take the time between now and the 8th to hatch a few eggs :3

Thank you SummerNightSky! Congratulations to Dalmation. I laugh me crooked, you're always so funny ideas :D

pegasus2010
09-04-15, 01:18 PM
Why does my Dalmatian and dog habitat say limit reached? No access. Help!!!

gammarayburst
09-04-15, 01:23 PM
Hi, all. I'm not sure why, but for some reason both the Station Dalmation and its habitat say "limit reached" in my market. I only have 55 of the 66 allowed habitats, and the only animals that are limited as far as I'm aware are the Gem-types. Does anyone else have this problem or know what might be causing it?

EDIT: I should also note that I did install the game update yesterday.

ogreve
09-04-15, 01:38 PM
Hi, all. I'm not sure why, but for some reason both the Station Dalmation and its habitat say "limit reached" in my market. I only have 55 of the 66 allowed habitats, and the only animals that are limited as far as I'm aware are the Gem-types. Does anyone else have this problem or know what might be causing it?

I had that same situation when the music trio was just launched. When I force-quited FFS and then restated it the problem went away and it looked normal.

pegasus2010
09-04-15, 01:38 PM
My Dalmatian and dog habitat say Limit Reached. I have an opening for a habitat and no other animals or habitats say this. Can someone help me please?

ninasidstorm8
09-04-15, 01:40 PM
Why does my Dalmatian and dog habitat say limit reached? No access. Help!!!

Check your profile to see how many habitats you have versus what you are allowed. You can access your profile by tapping on the star with your level in the top left corner of the screen. The max habitat limit for anyone is currently 66, it may be less for lower level players.

SummerNightSky
09-04-15, 02:05 PM
My Dalmatian and dog habitat say Limit Reached. I have an opening for a habitat and no other animals or habitats say this. Can someone help me please?
Force close your game and then re-open. I had the same problem, and that is how I fixed it.

ogreve
09-04-15, 02:06 PM
Well.... Didn't I have a major surprise just now...!
Eager to put in a quick shot at the Dalmation I sped the remaining 6 hours of Koala breeding and hatching away and put 2 of my level 6 Magmacore in the den (these two are clones: both at level 6 and both called Sparky). Lo and behold! I got a 19 hour timer!
Not the Dalmation but the Rubble Rooster which was the only earth-fire fail I need!
Though it's not the dog, that's certainly not a bad way to start, certainly not considering that we have to use the dreaded earth-fire combination :P

forestwald
09-04-15, 02:07 PM
Well, my first try is a 12 hour one....I am assuming an armadillo. Too bad they did not increase the habitats for the ones that are already at their limits. Hoping to have more space soon!

SummerNightSky
09-04-15, 02:10 PM
Well.... Didn't I have a major surprise just now...!
Eager to put in a quick shot at the Dalmation I sped the remaining 6 hours of Koala breeding and hatching away and put 2 of my level 6 Magmacore in the den (these two are clones: both at level 6 and both called Sparky). Lo and behold! I got a 19 hour timer!
Not the Dalmation but the Rubble Rooster which was the only earth-fire fail I need!
Though it's not the dog, that's certainly not a bad way to start, certainly not considering that we have to use the dreaded earth-fire combination :P
Congrats on the Rubble Rooster! He's the only permanent Earth-Fire animal I need, so I totally wouldn't mind getting him as a "fail" in the upcoming days and weeks.

On the bright side, at least Station Dalmatian doesn't share a breed time with Armordillo, like Lullabison did.

ogreve
09-04-15, 02:18 PM
Congrats on the Rubble Rooster! He's the only permanent Earth-Fire animal I need, so I totally wouldn't mind getting him as a "fail" in the upcoming days and weeks.

On the bright side, at least Station Dalmatian doesn't share a breed time with Armordillo, like Lullabison did.

Thanks and Roger that on the 12 hour Lullabison timer, that was so terrible to each time see the desired 12 hour timer and then to have it 17 times in a row be an Armordillo. I really hated that :P
Congrats on your instant Dalmation, BTW!

Oh!
Note to all:
I think I also know the proper name for the new element now, it appears to be "Service" or at least I think TL refers to it like that, so perhaps that would be the best name to use in charts etc...

pegasus2010
09-04-15, 03:11 PM
Thank you. I haven't posted on forum since my rants about the end of Farm story original updates. I end of the week overload and your quick replies saved my TGIF. Thanks y'all

cocauina
09-04-15, 03:38 PM

Oh!
Note to all:
I think I also know the proper name for the new element now, it appears to be "Service" or at least I think TL refers to it like that, so perhaps that would be the best name to use in charts etc...

If you check the description for the habitat, the element is calleb by "Service" :p

sweetypies97
09-04-15, 04:05 PM
my attempts

iphone:
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
Aperil fool
armordillo

iPad:
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo

chippychan
09-04-15, 04:57 PM
If you check the description for the habitat, the element is calleb by "Service" :p

Yep, it looks like S8 themselves refer to this element as 'Service' type animals based on the description of the habitat. It seems weird to me, but I guess this is the descriptive word we'll go with for charts/fighting types.

grameys
09-04-15, 05:11 PM

same problem.. i forced quit turned machine off.. no luck still limit reached??

Buttercup0001
09-04-15, 05:58 PM
Attempts at breeding Station Dalmatian

1st = 12hr fail

Drachenia
09-04-15, 06:15 PM
same problem.. i forced quit turned machine off.. no luck still limit reached??

Hello you're LVL 40 and have 66/66 habitats, which means that you've reached the limit. I am in the same situation and hope TL gives us soon new country and again habitats.

GreasedLightening
09-04-15, 08:18 PM
Deleted by me.

SummerNightSky
09-04-15, 08:36 PM
Well here's one for the record books. Was breeding heron and armadillo. Got a 14 breed time. Sped it up, when it landed in the nest had an 11 hour breed of fennec shox. What the hell! This game is really getting messed up. Talk about unfair, I guess they thought I hadn't spent enough gems trying to breed the Dalmatian.
I don't see how that is unfair. The Fennec Shox has always had a 14 hour breed time but an 11 hour incubation time.

GreasedLightening
09-04-15, 08:45 PM
Well my bad... I guess my memory is worse than I thought..I just did not remember any animals that had a different breed time and hatch time. But u are right....and thank you for correcting me.

SummerNightSky
09-04-15, 08:49 PM
Well my bad... I guess my memory is worse than I thought..I just did not remember any animals that had a different breed time and hatch time. But u are right....and thank you for correcting me.
No problem, it's odd that they decided to have one animal have a different breed and incubation time. Don't really know what the reasoning for that decision could be lol. Hope you get the Dalmatian soon :)

ogreve
09-04-15, 11:47 PM
Just to make everyone aware of this: during the duration of the trio breeding, aiming for ultra rares can be particularly interesting. Firstly, the shots at the first two animals can be combined with attempts at the Money Badger, and.... If a Dalmation has been secured it's good to pair it in a 4-element breeding, where the other animal is of the water-earth kind. This will limit the amount of outcomes severely and when the second animal becomes available you then still are going for the second animal too.
I really HOPE I get to try such 4-element breeding early. But... I first need a Dalmation for that...:P

On another note: can someone confirm that the Rubble Rooster is indeed super rare, yet has the earnings of a common and the raising costs of raising an ultra rare?!
I love the rooster but I hate the way that they botched the earnings and costs. I really wished TL would stop doing this. The costs and earnings were fine as they were...
Still: I'm very happy to have bred the rooster! :P

55lee55
09-05-15, 12:18 AM
What should I do?

I already have all of the Egypt animals in storage because I only have one spot left to place a habitat and I feared getting into a situation where I had no more room.

Should I keep these (assuming I get them) in storage too, or should I take a chance that S8 will give us more expansions and place the habitat for these? I have run out of places for dark and nature animals already. My forest is bursting at the seams. Should I fill my last open space with a special habitat, or leave it for the next time I get a dark/nature animal?

I don't really expect to get expansions next week, and when they do come, it takes time (I have over 333 million coins, so I can afford the cost) to clear a spot to put a habitat.

This game is becoming very stressful to play because of the space constraints. So, do I place these cute service dogs, or should I add them to storage with my Egypt animals? Is anyone else having space issues?

ogreve
09-05-15, 01:31 AM
Hi,
Though a harsh one, your choice is actually quite easy. The service animals cannot go into storage as you breed them. Also, you need to use the first two of them (or two unicorns) for breeding the third one. So, if you want to pursue the service animals you would have to use/reserve the space for the special habitat as you will otherwise not be likely to be able to get the animals at a later time unless through a value pack or so....:/
I really hope for you and others in your situation that you can soon expand further and are allowed to have more habitats.

RowanaFarrin
09-05-15, 02:33 AM
First try was 14 hours! Wiki says the Dalmation is 14 hours if that's accurate, but so is Volcamel (which is at least one I don't have yet). Hopefully it's the Dalmation, that would be awesome! :O

It was the Dalmation! Woo! :D Can't believe I got it first try. Now time for some four element tries until the next one. Hope everyone can breed one soon!

Sandybellee
09-05-15, 02:48 AM
Congrats you lucky ones, who already got the Dalmatian! I too got a 14 hour timer, but it was a Volcamel, of course. :( Really hoping to avoid a similar disaster I had with the music animals. (Bred for Lullabison non-stop and only got it about a week before the whole event was over.)

I'm using Hareon and Armordillo for breeding, hoping for Money Badger, Gold Lion and Rubble Rooster as fails.

1) Volcamel
2) Fire Glider
3) Fire Glider
4) Rubble Rooster (yay!!!)
5) Armordillo
6) Armordillo
7) Shock Fox
8) Fire Glider
9) Fire Glider
10) Shock Fox
11) Fire Glider
12) Shock Fox
13) Armordillo
14) Armordillo
15) Rampage
16) Fire Glider
17) Armordillo
18) Fire Glider
19) Armordillo
20) Armordillo
21) Armordillo
22) Armordillo
23) Armordillo
24) Armordillo
(Interrupted by Storybook breeding for Plantlers: 1) Bamboon 2) Plantlers)
25) Armordillo
26) Armordillo
27) Volcamel
28) Armordillo
(Took one shot here at the new legendary and got Pandaffodil)
29) Lambi (Yay!!!)
30) Armordillo
31) Armordillo
32) Armordillo
33) Armordillo
34) Rampage
35) Armordillo
36) Armordillo
37) Armordillo
38) Armordillo
39) Armordillo
40) Aperil Fool
41) Aperil Fool
42) Armordillo
43) Armordillo
44) Lambi
45) Armordillo
46) Lambi
47) Armordillo
48) Rampage
49) Rampage
50) Rampage
51) Armordillo
52) Armordillo
53) Volcamel
54) Armordillo
55) Armordillo
56) Armordillo
57) Rubble Rooster
58) Rampage
59) Armordillo

Ok, here comes the Armordillo army! I was already wondering what took them so long. ;)

Well, the computer certainly likes to pick the lightning element! 7/11 breedings with lightning as one of the elements. Maybe this is not such a good pairing to get the Dalmatian.

31aug2002
09-05-15, 03:24 AM
Congratulations to all who have managed to get the Dalmatian in their 1st shot!

My first attempt started this morning and it is an armordillo.. Hoping for better luck in a few hours

sweetdeda
09-05-15, 04:04 AM
What should I do?

I already have all of the Egypt animals in storage because I only have one spot left to place a habitat and I feared getting into a situation where I had no more room.

Should I keep these (assuming I get them) in storage too, or should I take a chance that S8 will give us more expansions and place the habitat for these? I have run out of places for dark and nature animals already. My forest is bursting at the seams. Should I fill my last open space with a special habitat, or leave it for the next time I get a dark/nature animal?

I don't really expect to get expansions next week, and when they do come, it takes time (I have over 333 million coins, so I can afford the cost) to clear a spot to put a habitat.

This game is becoming very stressful to play because of the space constraints. So, do I place these cute service dogs, or should I add them to storage with my Egypt animals? Is anyone else having space issues?
I guess I'm confused, because if we are breeding them we don't have the option to place them in storage, right? Do you have commons or duplicates you can sell to make room? That is what I would look at doing.

HappyHeartBakery
09-05-15, 04:19 AM
Attempt 1: armadillo.
Attempt 2 - thought I'd throw in a 4 element..(swan Prince & Wombattery). Ugh. 9 hr. Probably the same raccoon I've been breeding to try for the wooly mammoth:(

sweetdeda
09-05-15, 04:39 AM
Armadillo, April fool, rampage and volcamel, can't I at least get a rooster fail.....

ogreve
09-05-15, 07:52 AM
Welllllll I'm almost afraid to write this, fearing it may give bad karma to do so, but on my second attempt I got a 14 hour timer! :P

Oh please let the good karma be with me!
(To the karma gods: I didn't say anything, really, I never did...;) )

55lee55
09-05-15, 08:23 AM
Hi,
Though a harsh one, your choice is actually quite easy. The service animals cannot go into storage as you breed them. Also, you need to use the first two of them (or two unicorns) for breeding the third one. So, if you want to pursue the service animals you would have to use/reserve the space for the special habitat as you will otherwise not be likely to be able to get the animals at a later time unless through a value pack or so....:/
I really hope for you and others in your situation that you can soon expand further and are allowed to have more habitats.

Thanks, you are right. I forgot that I could store the Egypt animals because they were from a community event. Also, you are right, I would need the first two to breed the third. I don't dare use two gem animals for breeding as I run the risk of a very long fail if I were to breed another. Then there is the conundrum of where to put it as I only have room for the Peyton. Guess I should place this habitat and hope that S8 gives us expansions.

I guess I'm confused, because if we are breeding them we don't have the option to place them in storage, right? Do you have commons or duplicates you can sell to make room? That is what I would look at doing.

No, I was confused, sorry. You are right that I cannot store them. No, I don't have any duplicates that I can sell. I have done that long ago. Anyone who wants is welcome to have a look at my forest. I have crammed all of my gem animals into three habitats, and sold the ones I had left to make room. I have bought most of the 4 animal habitats. Guess this is what I get for playing from the beginning. I have all of the animals but the Dalmation and the Peyton, although the Egypt animals are in storage because I thought I would run up against this situation.

Okay, S8. Placing this habitat will run me completely out of room. I can't be the only one who has played from the beginning who hasn't left yet. I don't have duplicates that I can sell. Please give us expansions before releasing any more animals! Alternatively, I suppose you could allow us to store animals or at least eggs. Placing this habitat will also give me 66/66 habitats, so at this point, even expansions won't help me without a change in the cap on habitats. S8 has run this game to the limits, I am afraid, and the limits need to be adjusted. Thanks.

Is the Dalmation the only 14 hr. breeding of these elements? If so, I have it too. Yay! That leaves me the Peyton, which I don't want to get right now because it is nice to have something to breed for.

SummerNightSky
09-05-15, 08:29 AM
Is the Dalmation the only 14 hr. breeding of these elements? If so, I have it too. Yay! That leaves me the Peyton, which I don't want to get right now because it is nice to have something to breed for.
Volcamel has a 14 hour breed time as well, but I hope yours is a Dalmatian :)

tygerlynx
09-05-15, 08:32 AM
14 hours breed time on the first try! .....aannnndddd its a Volcamel :(

SummerNightSky
09-05-15, 08:38 AM
@ogreve
I thought the Rubble Rooster has the earnings of a Rare? At least it seemed to have the same earnings as a Rampage when I looked into it. Either way, it's messed up. I don't know why they are wanting to mess with the balance of rarity, food cost, and earnings. It was fine the way it was before.

Hope your 14 hour timer is a Dalmatian! :)

sweetdeda
09-05-15, 08:42 AM
No, I was confused, sorry. You are right that I cannot store them. No, I don't have any duplicates that I can sell. I have done that long ago. Anyone who wants is welcome to have a look at my forest. I have crammed all of my gem animals into three habitats, and sold the ones I had left to make room. I have bought most of the 4 animal habitats. Guess this is what I get for playing from the beginning. I have all of the animals but the Dalmation and the Peyton, although the Egypt animals are in storage because I thought I would run up against this situation.
I visited your forest, it's very beautiful and very full! I feel for those that have to sell animals to make room for new ones. Hopefully TL will listen to the pleading of everyone for more expansions and increased habitats.
Good luck breeding the service animals, since I see you did purchase the new habitat. Hope the 14 hour breed is a Dalmatian.

31aug2002
09-05-15, 09:37 AM
For a good part of last week I was praying to God to give me a 17 hr breed time... All I got was 9hr 10 hrs raccoons and plant hers and of course dream bats
Today when the wooly mammoth is gone I get a 17 hr breed time... So I am getting the Pygmy giraffe...

55lee55
09-05-15, 11:30 AM
I visited your forest, it's very beautiful and very full! I feel for those that have to sell animals to make room for new ones. Hopefully TL will listen to the pleading of everyone for more expansions and increased habitats.
Good luck breeding the service animals, since I see you did purchase the new habitat. Hope the 14 hour breed is a Dalmatian.

Thanks! I hope they listen too, and I hope my animal is a Dalmatian as well, but if it is not, I will keep trying. I can always sell the habitat if I don't get an animal to put in it.

jim23cash
09-05-15, 12:09 PM
Hi Lee and Drachenia! I'm in the same situation, I have 66/66 habitats, and no more expansions. I have all of the animals released so far, with one on nest (Dalmation) and one in storage (Dusk Bunny). I don't think I have any duplicates besides gems, although my album says 200/202 and my stats say 220 Animals... And I don't quite have 20 duplicate gems and Treasure animals. ***I wish I could find duplicates to get rid of!
S8/TL, please add expansions and habitats !!. I can not place anymore habitats, and I have upgraded many of mine to hold 4 already. Now that my habitats are all full, I would have to upgrade 3 habitats to move all creatures from one habitat to sell it, to make a space for the new habitat. I don't think that is reasonable for you to expect me to do. Please don't make us beg to be able to continue playing! It's time for more room. I have been maxed out for months, and upgrading every time you released a new animal. This is starting to resemble the nightmare Dragon story became before the new expansion! Please don't let it get any worse!
Thank you, Annie

***EDIT: Found one duplicate! A chromadile, level 12, prolly from one of those "hatch a specific animal, then feed 45 times" events! So I sold it, moved some stuff around, and at least have room for the Dalmation! Now I can continue the quest, although I don't have any room for the 2nd or 3rd ones.

ogreve
09-05-15, 02:29 PM
***EDIT: Found one duplicate! A chromadile, level 12, prolly from one of those "hatch a specific animal, then feed 45 times" events! So I sold it, moved some stuff around, and at least have room for the Dalmation! Now I can continue the quest, although I don't have any room for the 2nd or 3rd ones.

Hi,
I did see your signature line about not adding neighbours, but since you'd like some help with spotting duplicates I thought I'd try sending a neighbour request (coming from 'Diggy') nonetheless. :P
It can be difficult to simply spot the duplicates in a full forest, but the album can help you: simply click on each animal, and you will see exactly how many of those you have. It takes some time to do this, but it should successfully reveal all duplicates in a structural way.

Good luck finding the duplicates!

ogreve
09-05-15, 02:43 PM
@ogreve
I thought the Rubble Rooster has the earnings of a Rare? At least it seemed to have the same earnings as a Rampage when I looked into it. Either way, it's messed up. I don't know why they are wanting to mess with the balance of rarity, food cost, and earnings. It was fine the way it was before.

Hope your 14 hour timer is a Dalmatian! :)

Hi,
Well, the suspense on one hand to see what the 14 hour timer was, was getting too much. And on the other hand, I did all sorts of calculations (using different scenarios) to decide whether to speed early or not. In the end, I decided that speeding early has several benefits: I can then put in more breedings early, and hopefully get the first target animal early so I can use it ASAP in 4-element breeding too. There's also the matter of expansions. I'm close to making a new expansion (I was at 62 runes) and as I intend to expand on the upper blue plots, there's a VERY long time required before the expansion and foliage clearing is done (over 48 hours in total). So, instead of waiting until tomorrow morning early (and then using some 4-6 gems to speed the remainder of the Rooster alone) I sped early at a cost of 19 gems.
Just as I feared, the 14 hour timer was a Volcamel. That was really a pity as I so much hoped to get a trio animal quickly for once. Also, I had the silent hope that the 14 hours timer would give 3 bombs, but it gave two. The last of the Koalas (before switching the earth-fire) gave only two too, which is now biting me in the rear, as I made good profit from the 2 bombs from the Volcamel and got 3 runes from each of them, so now I only need 2 more runes to start a new expansion.
I quickly put the same breeding pair in the den again and got a 13 hours timer, which is a Rampage. At this time I only need the Dalmatian from earth-fire so anything else is not going to be kept (I've gotten plenty of them from the music trio breeding). In three attempts still no Armordillo though: I'm shocked! :P
I really wished the Dalmatian had a unique timer, so the timer outcomes of a breeding can be put to better use to decide when to speed or not. It's a pity that it wasn't the Dalmatian as otherwise I would have set myself up for quickly evolving it to level 4 tomorrow and with a very tiny gem help be able to do a first 4-elements breeding with it overnight. Now (well, tomorrow after the Rampage is done breeding) I'll have to start all over from scratch. At least I should then by all means get enough bombs (and hence runes) to initiate the expansion.

D*mn, I shouldn't have teased the karma gods by mentioning my 14 hour timer early....:(

BTW: you're right about the Rooster's earnings; they do match those of the Rampage. That's still very small earnings for way too much food. This one may stay at level 7 for quite some time to come...

LauraGSJK
09-05-15, 03:23 PM
What did you breed together? Thanks for any help.

HappyHeartBakery
09-05-15, 04:23 PM
Attempt 1: armadillo.
Attempt 2 - thought I'd throw in a 4 element..(swan Prince & Wombattery). Ugh. 9 hr. Probably the same raccoon I've been breeding to try for the wooly mammoth:(

Attempt 3 - 17 hr fail (sped the Firefox fail & dropped bunny in nest while 17 hr fail waits in den).
Attempt 4 will be tomorrow;).

zena1818
09-05-15, 07:20 PM
I have no dog update

I didn't get one either check ur quest log bc when I looked it was there.

calvinxx
09-05-15, 11:24 PM
I'm sad to say that the Station Dalmation requires the food amounts of a super rare even though he is just rare :( It doesn't seem like this trend will end anytime soon

ogreve
09-06-15, 12:32 AM
Hmm,

In a few hours time I am to initiate a new expansion. I was going to open up the first of the upper blue plots, but after having looked at images of the habitat, I'm not so sure anymore. I actually think the colour tends slightly more towards that of the earth animals. I looked around some of the forests of those neighbours of mine of who I know they have gotten the Dalmatian already. I saw the new habitat in two forests (Drachenia and 55lee55) and in the former saw it next to an Electric Cove (on the purple plots) and in the latter 'overhead' of some Earth habitats (Big or Grand) whilst the new habitat itself is on the blue plots.....
I'm a bit hung as to where to put it. I have all my (Big) Earth habitats on the lower green shelf (of which I still need to expand to 6 plots). Are there others who have the habitat in their forest already so I can take a look and see where I like it best?

Update:
After looking some more at the images, I decided to opt for the lower green plots. There are 6 of them to expand to and then that whole shelf has been cleared. These plots are also cheaper and less time consuming (in terms of clearing foliage) and there are two less to take care of than is the case for the 8 upper blue plots. So, though I like the blue plots better, it looks like for the next 6 weeks or so, I'll be working on this last set of green plots. The first of these expansions has been initiated now. When it has been cleared, I'm not sure if I'll directly buy the new habitat or whether I'll just leave it open and shall decide later on what to put there. I'm inclined to buy the new habitat straight away, as I then at least have it handy if I manage to breed a Service animal...
And.... it seems the magic has worn off the Magmacore-Magmacore pair: I just got my first 12 hour Armordillo timer...:/

jim23cash
09-06-15, 12:49 AM
Hi,
I did see your signature line about not adding neighbours, but since you'd like some help with spotting duplicates I thought I'd try sending a neighbour request (coming from 'Diggy') nonetheless. :P
It can be difficult to simply spot the duplicates in a full forest, but the album can help you: simply click on each animal, and you will see exactly how many of those you have. It takes some time to do this, but it should successfully reveal all duplicates in a structural way.

Good luck finding the duplicates!
Thanks for that info, I didn't know that! I'll try it as soon as I go back in... I still have to reinstall the game each time to open it. I'm fine to add players in any game I play, I just don't visit. All my games are crashing already, visiting makes the crashing worse. If you need visits, feel free to delete me, as I can't even move around my island without crashing.
:D Annie

tromalyt
09-06-15, 02:21 AM
First try I have a 14 hours breeding time.

I wasn't going to try. I am trying to get other animals, like the tucan and my concern is the space. I have some space to clear but I already have 41 habitats out of 66 and I still have the monument valley in my inventory.

31aug2002
09-06-15, 03:19 AM
A marching here we come... Armordillos, armordillos and more armordillos. My 2nd attempt was a koala kadabra. And 3rd is an armordillo. :(
My breeding woes are not ending
Missed out on catypuss electric elk, woolly mammoth ... I just don't seem to be getting them :(

Sandybellee
09-06-15, 04:53 AM
My 4th try gave me 19 hours, so it's the Rubble Rooster! Yay! Now I just need to move some animals around to make room for him. :)

sweetdeda
09-06-15, 06:26 AM
My 4th try gave me 19 hours, so it's the Rubble Rooster! Yay! Now I just need to move some animals around to make room for him. :)

Congrats on your Rubble Rooster! I got Dalmatian last night on my final attempt before I went to bed. Good luck everyone!

poise86
09-06-15, 07:25 AM
I'm trying with magmacore and twilight troll and give me 14 hrs but so many result with that combination makes me wanna cry.. 😭 I really hope that station dalmantion

SummerNightSky
09-06-15, 08:52 AM
A marching here we come... Armordillos, armordillos and more armordillos. My 2nd attempt was a koala kadabra. And 3rd is an armordillo. :(
My breeding woes are not ending
Missed out on catypuss electric elk, woolly mammoth ... I just don't seem to be getting them :(
Hope your luck changes soon! Also, Catypuss is not a limited animal, so you can still get one :)

Congrats Sandybellee on your Rubble Rooster and sweetdeda on your Dalmatian!

Drachenia
09-06-15, 08:54 AM
I have a bit changed because I was not the habitat with Station Dalmation properly. My Dori is already LVL 15, now collect back lining.

HappyHeartBakery
09-06-15, 09:26 AM
Just tried with Aeril Fool & Unicorgi. Got a 14 hr timer. Fingers crossed...

cocauina
09-06-15, 09:30 AM
I have a bit changed because I was not the habitat with Station Dalmation properly. My Dori is already LVL 15, now collect back lining.

The "Dori" name was gave by the game? :p

Drachenia
09-06-15, 09:58 AM
The "Dori" name was gave by the game? :p

Yes Cocauina, the name Dori is give of the game and I liked him. I rarely change the names of animals, because I have no good ideas for names have. :rolleyes: :p

31aug2002
09-06-15, 10:30 AM
Hope your luck changes soon! Also, Catypuss is not a limited animal, so you can still get one :)

Congrats Sandybellee on your Rubble Rooster and sweetdeda on your Dalmatian!
Visited your forest. The baby Dalmatian is so cute. And I am a dog lover and little partial to them
Hope my luck changes and I do get this collection. Fingers crossed

SummerNightSky
09-06-15, 10:44 AM
Yes Cocauina, the name Dori is give of the game and I liked him. I rarely change the names of animals, because I have no good ideas for names have. :rolleyes: :p
I have that problem too. Most of my animals have the names given to them by the game because I can't think of anything good. The game named mine Flame. I might change it to Perdita from 101 Dalmatians.

Visited your forest. The baby Dalmatian is so cute. And I am a dog lover and little partial to them
Hope my luck changes and I do get this collection. Fingers crossed
It is! If I end up getting another one, I'm tempted to keep it (I don't usually keep duplicates) and have it stay in baby form. *Fingers crossed for you and everyone going for the Service trio* :)

Sandybellee
09-06-15, 10:45 AM
Congrats on your Rubble Rooster! I got Dalmatian last night on my final attempt before I went to bed. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! It's really good to get the first animal in a trio so soon. Now you've got much better chances to get the other two. :)

oo56
09-06-15, 11:40 AM
Attempt 1 - Armordillo
Attempt 2 - Armordillo
Attempt 3 - Armordillo
Attempt 4 - Armordillo

31aug2002
09-06-15, 12:36 PM
Station Dalmation
#1 armordillo .. Pyro pony + rock rhino
#2koala cadabra.... Wombattery + hot dog ( secretly hoping for my first gem animal) :(
#3 armordillo ... Hareon + armordillo ( hoping for a money badger fail ) :(
#4 armordillo .... Rock rhino with armordillo ( hoping that maybe if it is in the den it won't be end result ) again disappointment:(

EviBrooklyn
09-06-15, 12:38 PM
TL please increase the number of habitats we can have.
I rather sell a farm and buy this habitat but I can't bc as of right now can't have more than 66 habitats. I can't sell premium habitats I already paid for, that will be unfair.
Please increase the cap which is set at 66 right now.
Cookie, can you please bring this issue up to TL team?

cocauina
09-06-15, 01:40 PM

Thank you Drachenia! Hahahaha, I understand your feel, I never change the names of my animals also :p

fahrensland
09-06-15, 02:35 PM
Level 4 gargolem and level 9 ruby razorback = 45 hour timer. Looks like I'm going to be sidelined for a bit on the Dalmatian, good luck to everyone still attempting to get one!

And after my miserable luck with the music critters I'm hoping those of us who struggled with the last trio will be thrown a bone (ha ha..) with this one. ;)

Buttercup0001
09-06-15, 03:13 PM
All I'm breeding are Armodillos (5 so far)..Armordillo nightmare once again in my forest...its really giving me the poops :rolleyes:

kittenthief
09-06-15, 07:16 PM
The fact that Kittenthief don't like dogs in their forest is too funny :rolleyes:

Hahaha, I didn't even catch that! I do actually love dogs, but I'm not the biggest fan of this particular artwork for the dalmation. :b

31aug2002
09-07-15, 12:42 AM
Station Dalmation
#1 armordillo .. Pyro pony + rock rhino
#2koala cadabra.... Wombattery + hot dog ( secretly hoping for my first gem animal) :(
#3 armordillo ... Hareon + armordillo ( hoping for a money badger fail ) :(
#4 armordillo .... Rock rhino with armordillo ( hoping that maybe if it is in the den it won't be end result ) again disappointment:(
#5 armordillo.... Pyro pony + rock rhino... Thought would go with pure elements to reduce fails... :(

kuppikahvia
09-07-15, 01:09 AM
Can you believe this... 17 hr fail :( (after 3 Armos and 1 Rampage)
Btw I already have an April Fool so no joy there :(

ahomeforme
09-07-15, 01:29 AM
I actually don't keep any armordillo anymore in my forest... May be getting rid of my fairy ferret too when maxed out of space. They are so/too easy to breed that having them or not makes no difference.

ogreve
09-07-15, 04:11 AM
Can you believe this... 17 hr fail :( (after 3 Armos and 1 Rampage)
Btw I already have an April Fool so no joy there :(

Hi,

Yep, I can believe you alright.... Wanna guess which timer just appeared in my forest?
You guessed it, 17 hours too!
And, for me there's also no joy in it, as I already have two Ugly Fools, ehhh Aperil Fools... :O

I did change the breeding formula though; it was Magmacore (6) + Magmacore (6) and now it is: Magmacore (15) + Chocolate Rabbit (10).
Wanna guess where all the Magmacores came from? :O

Anyway, I considered using the Money Badger formula, but the only non-Dalmation that I need from that formula is the Money Badger itself.

As an open plea to the FFS gods, earlier this morning I "sacrificed" one of those rare and precious expansion moments for already buying the special habitat. It's a big gamble, as my forest is under a lot of strain space wise and I really don't want to afford having empty habitats (like is the case for my Grand Gem Cove too) while I have 5 animals in storage that are looking for a place to live.... Let's hope they'll hear my plea and will soon give me the Service animals...

Good luck to all in breeding the trio!

HappyHeartBakery
09-07-15, 04:54 AM
Just tried with Aeril Fool & Unicorgi. Got a 14 hr timer. Fingers crossed...

Nope. My 14 hr was a Volcamel. :(

AND my next attempt with pony & rhino - 12hr Armodillo

ninasidstorm8
09-07-15, 06:58 AM
Managed a 14 hour timer on my fifth try. Naturally it was a Volcamel. Now I am back to a 12 hour timer. I was hoping trying for the trio would break my horrible breeding streak. I have only managed to breed one new animal since July 16. I guess that is the games way of helping me out with my space issue. :(

ogreve
09-07-15, 07:01 AM
Managed a 14 hour timer on my fifth try. Naturally it was a Volcamel. Now I am back to a 12 hour timer. I was hoping trying for the trio would break my horrible breeding streak. I have only managed to breed one new animal since July 16. I guess that is the games way of helping me out with my space issue. :(

Same here. I was so amazed to see the 14 hour on my second attempt, but it too was a Volcamel. :(
Now, to alleviate the game from having to "help me" further like this, this morning I initiated the construction of the special habitat, though I could extremely well use the space for a different habitat. It's a gamble, especially as I haven't got a Service animal yet (nor is there one brewing in the den or nest). Let's hope it helps and brings some good luck.... :P

mimiamelia
09-07-15, 09:26 AM
Good luck all! Have never been able to complete a trio before, hopefully this time will be different.

1. Armordillo
2. Armordillo
3. Volcamel
4. Rampage
5. Armordilo
6. Volcamel
7. Armordillo
8. Armordillo

poise86
09-07-15, 09:35 AM
Hi, try with armordillo and hareon got 22 hrs, i think its teradactyl or tesllama, good fail

EviBrooklyn
09-07-15, 09:41 AM
Hi, try with armordillo and hareon got 22 hrs, i think its teradactyl or tesllama, good fail

Should be mardi claw,Gold lion is 21

Drachenia
09-07-15, 09:44 AM

Hello you get Terradactyl or Teslama, Gold Lion has 21 hours. Congratulations

Drachenia
09-07-15, 09:46 AM
Should be mardi claw,Gold lion is 21

Hallo Evi mardi claw has 23 hours and is dark/electric:D

poise86
09-07-15, 10:03 AM
Thank you Drachenia.. :)

My mistake said that gold lion, i was wrong look the timer thought that 21 hrs, sorry..

Dcdonn
09-07-15, 12:09 PM
Good luck to you! You have lots more good karma coming than Any bad (if you have any bad at all;)! It's really kind of you to take the time that you do to help the others - visiting their islands and explaining the game in the way that you do! As an FYI - I've been trying for the money badger, the toucan and a unicorn for months and months as well as the trios.... I only have one from the music trio (well two because I have a duplicate ...); but I was even thinking of passing this time because I was going to sell the music animals and habitat for Space. Is there any reason not to? They don't work in breeding once their 'season'/game time has passed & don't seem to possess much value to me ? What do you think FF Guru? Best regards -

ogreve
09-07-15, 01:07 PM
Good luck to you! You have lots more good karma coming than Any bad (if you have any bad at all;)! It's really kind of you to take the time that you do to help the others - visiting their islands and explaining the game in the way that you do! As an FYI - I've been trying for the money badger, the toucan and a unicorn for months and months as well as the trios.... I only have one from the music trio (well two because I have a duplicate ...); but I was even thinking of passing this time because I was going to sell the music animals and habitat for Space. Is there any reason not to? They don't work in breeding once their 'season'/game time has passed & don't seem to possess much value to me ? What do you think FF Guru? Best regards -

Hi Denise,
Thanks for your kind words and you're welcome regarding me taking the time to explain matters: I'm glad people find such posts useful. :)
As for selling the Music animals... Well.... "One reason not to" is that once you've sold them, you'll never get them back (unless you buy one of the value packs (like the one with two of the Space animals that was offered around the end of July) but that can be expensive). The habitat can safely be sold, as you can buy that anytime. What I'd advise you to do is to see if you can house at least one of those animals in a "common" earth or fire habitat (depending on whether you have the Lullabison or the Tubacan), then you can sell the habitat (and if really necessary your duplicate animal) and you'll have more flexibility that way. In my forest I have 3 Lullabisons and 1 Tubacan. The Tubacan shares the music habitat with two Lullabisons and the third Lullabison is now in a normal Big Earth Plateau, along with two Iciclaws (to which it's very nicely matched colourwise).
Back when the trio was still active and it was clear I was getting a fourth music animal I actually bought a second music habitat, in the hope that I'd manage to get a Melodeer too, or perhaps more Tubacans or Lullabisons. It didn't happen and I held on to the second habitat as long as I could but the strain on finding space in my forest became too big, so I moved one Lullabison in with the Iciclaws, the other went into the other habitat and I then sold the second habitat.
True: these animals can no longer be used for breeding, but... to me they're unique animals too, so I'll keep all of them as long as I can (from the Space trio I also have a duplicate Lemurcury). Again my forest is under strain for carving out spaces for my animals to live in, so there may come a time that I'll let go of the second Lemurcury and/or the fourth Lullabison, but I want to postpone that moment as long as possible. I do want to keep the special Space and Music habitats though, and I have both of them filled with 3 animals, so those will stay, even if the Music trio is not complete....

O.k., I hope this helps!
Good luck in making up your mind....

Cheers,
Olafo

31aug2002
09-07-15, 01:25 PM
Thought I'd give the earth and fire elements a little rest..so...
Tonight I put skyger and shockatoo in the den in the hope of getting dragonfly or lunar moth. Got a 17 hr timer. Just hoping it's not another koala cadabra. Other two the porkupine or eagle beagle will be welcome. Fingers crossed.

LonePudding
09-07-15, 02:47 PM
Just armordillos here, not even a volcamel tease :(

ogreve
09-07-15, 03:17 PM
Aaargh, after the already long 17 hour Aperil Fool fail (of which I just sped the last 5 hours out of the den) I now got a 19 hour second Rubble Rooster fail... That was precisely what should NOT happen. And to make matters worse, the 17 hour Aperil Fool only gave me 2 bombs whereas I was really hoping to get three. :(
Again it's the same old earth-fire galore; man I really do NOT like breeding that combination!!! :S :S :S

Hmm, I feel a song coming up: "Here they come to snuff the Rooster, oh yeah..."

I wished I could give this second Rooster to someone. As it is, it's too expensive to raise it and it has to little earnings, so I fear it'll have to go. The breeding ends about 1.5 hours time before tomorrow's update. I think I'll sit it out and wait until after the update before I have another shot at breeding. Hopefully once the second animal has been released I'll quickly get either of them and hopefully soon afterwards the other one too...

Hawksmoor
09-07-15, 03:40 PM
Hmm, I feel a song coming up: "Here they come to snuff the Rooster, oh yeah..."

Alice In Chains, love that band ;-) and to keep the thread on topic, after an Armordillo army, I got my Dalmatian...the game named him Kojak, lol. Wonder if I'm one of the few oldies who remembers the TV show Kojak.

Drachenia
09-07-15, 04:20 PM
Alice In Chains, love that band ;-) and to keep the thread on topic, after an Armordillo army, I got my Dalmatian...the game named him Kojak, lol. Wonder if I'm one of the few oldies who remembers the TV show Kojak.

Hello Hawksmoor! Congratulations on Station Dalmation Kojak. My Station Dalmation called Dori and 2. Tristan. I hope that everyone gets Station Dalmation, everyone have already received Station Dalmation Congratulations:D

Dcdonn
09-07-15, 04:28 PM
Thanks Again Ogreve,
Okay so I have both the music ones you mentioned and never got the third but I like that habitat a lot as well. It was the space one I was thinking of and I have only two Pluto ... W/e they are - lol. Too bad we can't swap although you may have that one as well? My storm ID is also dcdonn. I completely agree with what you've stated and this is why I hadn't sold any off as of yet but I like the idea of moving them around if I ever need to with the ideas you have shared! Hopefully by the time I max out - TL will offer the expansion they recently did in DS;-). That was great !!
Last but not least - Armadillo & Hareon - are the winning combo - I just hatched the Dalmatian after just a few attempts. I actually think the speed hatching helps. Every time I buy a few coins (even the smallest amount) and then hatch - it seems like that works - sad but true. After all - it is America - capitalism at its best ;-). But fun !
Good luck to you as well.

sweetdeda
09-07-15, 06:23 PM

Wasn't kojak bald and sucked on lollipops? Or am I think of someone else? My Dalmatian is named Sol, I don't change the names. Congrats.

Buttercup0001
09-07-15, 06:32 PM
Wasn't kojak bald and sucked on lollipops? Or am I think of someone else? My Dalmatian is named Sol, I don't change the names. Congrats.

No your not thinking of someone else sweetdeda, you described Kojak perfectly. Wish I had a Dalmatian, so I can see what name it generically got :)

ninasidstorm8
09-07-15, 06:36 PM

Yes he was. Played by Telly Savalas.

Buttercup0001
09-07-15, 06:36 PM
Im really really really hating a timer that says 11:59:59 its so frustrating, takes me back to the v.day trio when all I got were, u guessed it, Armordillos :mad: im so frustrated I could cry :S I havent bred nothing new for a few months now and if it wasnt for the tournaments this game would be like watching paint dry :rolleyes:

mrhammy48
09-07-15, 07:08 PM
I'm using the hareon armadillo breed for money badger. So far I've gotten shock fox, rampage, glider, couple armadillos. At least with this combo there's more variation than just armadillo after armadillo...I'm probably decreasing my chances of getting the Dalmatian but I just can't keep seeing 12 hour fails.

HappyHeartBakery
09-07-15, 07:09 PM
Tried the Haeron & Armodilla breeding. No Dalmatian. But got a good fail of a 22 hr timer. (Terradytal or Telsman?).
Hoping to get the Dalmatian soon tho

belarica
09-07-15, 07:19 PM
Got mine on my second try :) hubby keeps getting volcamels. Who am I kidding, I play his animal forest ����

tvangstanke
09-07-15, 11:53 PM

It looks like everyone was right and there is a new trio of service dogs.

Part 1 is breed Fire and Earth to get a Station Dalmation
Breed time is 14 hours

Thank you Calvinxx for posting the pop-up showing the release dates of the service dogs!
It didn't show up in my game today, and I've been searching through the threads above with no luck.

Yay, I'll be breeding for the police dog tonight.

31aug2002
09-08-15, 12:55 AM
This is so **** frustrating . All I am breeding are armordillos or koala cadabras.

I have a feeling that the game is formatted in such a way that accounts that have gems in them are not able to breed , so that they end up buying the desired animal. Earlier I had about 150 gems and was able to breed the freezel, dripmunk etc... Recently I took advantage of the sales and stocked up on gems in preparation for the next story book adventure. Also I bought 2 value packs 1 cosmic animals one as I did not have them, 2 pigmy one to tide me over my shortfall of feed for swan princess.
Since then I have not bread a single new animal . Catypuss, comet cougar, electric elk ( because I couldn't breed spruce moose) lunar moth steely wooly mammoth. ..all have been extremely elusive.
Now it has been 4 days and I am not being able to breed the Dalmatian . I have tried various combinations that give me least no. Of fails. The only thing my forest is dishing out is armordillos. Not even a volcamel.
The only new animals I have added are the ones that I won in tournaments or events.

Sandybellee
09-08-15, 03:22 AM
I'm not counting on getting any of these trio animals based on my luck with the previous two trios. It's much less stressful that way. At least the breeding time isn't 12 hours this time around. That was brutal!

ogreve
09-08-15, 03:38 AM
I do currently have gems, nonetheless I must say that I recently have had some good luck in breeding super rares (Comet Cougar, Steel Woolly Mammoth, Rubble Rooster), but limited earth-fire breeding has previously "not exactly" been my strongsuit. Therefore, I'm doing the same as Sandy here: "expect the worst, hope for the best". If I don't set myself up early for a potentially fruitless outcome despite three weeks of back-to-back trio breeding, the disappointment at the end may be really bad.
Well then, with that out of the way, hopefully the breeding results can only pleasantly surprise me. :)

At least this time round I'm not getting Armordillo after Armordillo. In a way that's refreshing, but where's my -only rare- Dalmatian while I've already managed to breed THREE super rares since starting Friday (of which only the first Rooster was a good fail) and having gotten a 'rare' Volcamel....?
The only advantages of the Armordillo fails are that the 12 hour timer allows for precisely two breedings per day and that they do give exactly 2 bombs each time.
Well, at least on tonight's attempt there will be TWO animals to breed for.... Double or nothing? :P

31aug2002
09-08-15, 03:52 AM
All I am getting are the armordillos from my earth fire combinations. Like I said in one of my posts earlier I even gave a break to try for lunar moth and the dragonfly... Both resulted in 17 hr koalas. Even though my forest is missing a whole lot of dark fire and dark lightening animals.
Hopefully my further attempts may give me the desired results.
As of now my nest seems to be set on the commons mode only... :(

31aug2002
09-08-15, 03:54 AM
Tried the Haeron & Armodilla breeding. No Dalmatian. But got a good fail of a 22 hr timer. (Terradytal or Telsman?).
My 3 tries with this combination have given me only armordillos:(

chippychan
09-08-15, 04:51 AM
This is so **** frustrating . All I am breeding are armordillos or koala cadabras.

I have a feeling that the game is formatted in such a way that accounts that have gems in them are not able to breed , so that they end up buying the desired animal.

I've seen this theory discussed before but this does not really mesh with my own experience. I have 2 accounts; I sometimes buy gems on one account (my main) but I don't buy gems on my second account and I also *rarely* spend them (it's sort of my 'experimenting' account where I just see what I get based on luck alone). I usually have over 1000 gems sitting on my main account at any given time (I don't usually spend them very often) and I have over 600 on my secondary account. I have found the 'luck' of both accounts to be very similar regardless of how much I have or spend.

In fact, my secondary account (which buys nothing) seems to have better luck. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope the luck of everyone still trying improves, but keep in mind we still have another week to try for both this and the 2nd animal (which should be released today) before the chance to try at the 3rd.

As for myself, I managed to get 14 hour timers on both my accounts yesterday and was amazed to see that they ended up being lucky and I got the Dalmatian on BOTH accounts in one day. :)

31aug2002
09-08-15, 05:06 AM
I've seen this theory discussed before but this does not really mesh with my own experience. I have 2 accounts; I sometimes buy gems on one account (my main) but I don't buy gems on my second account and I also *rarely* spend them (it's sort of my 'experimenting' account where I just see what I get based on luck alone). I usually have over 1000 gems sitting on my main account at any given time (I don't usually spend them very often) and I have over 600 on my secondary account. I have found the 'luck' of both accounts to be very similar regardless of how much I have or spend.

In fact, my secondary account (which buys nothing) seems to have better luck. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope the luck of everyone still trying improves, but keep in mind we still have another week to try for both this and the 2nd animal (which should be released today) before the chance to try at the 3rd.

As for myself, I managed to get 14 hour timers on both my accounts yesterday and was amazed to see that they ended up being lucky and I got the Dalmatian on BOTH accounts in one day. :)
Congratulations !!
I just hope that my luck turns soon. It's is very frustrating to seethe 12 hr timer again and again. I even tried doing alternate breeding in Animal story. .. Sorry to say I got the dreaded armordillo.....

placebo16
09-08-15, 07:11 AM
I am in the same boat as many of you out there - I haven't bred a single new animal since the Magnetic Mouse. It's frustrating beyond frustration, although I am extremely happy for all of my neighbors that have been successful with breeding the adorable Dalmatian. I started playing, if I recall, right at the beginning of the Valentine's Day trio. I was extremely fortunate to breed the entire trio (though my Matripony sat on the nest for over a week, for as a new player, I couldn't afford the habitat. Several of you wonderful players added me as a neighbor to help me earn enough coins, and I am still grateful for your time and generosity :) ). Since then, I have not been as lucky with the trios - I've bred 2/3 of the other trios. I will continue to breed my armordillo army, and send them marching immediately upon hatching in desperate search of the desirable Service trio. I have tried with Pyro Pony & Rock Rhino, Pyro Pony & Magmacore, Unicorn & Magmacore, Unicorn & Rampage; all of these combinations were attempted more than once, along with other combos.
In regards to the assumption that gems have an effect on the outcome of breeding results....I'm on the fence in what I believe. I don't tend to spend much money on games, however, at the beginning of August I purchased a gem pack with a gift card that I had received as a birthday present - back in April. I was hesitant to make the purchase, as I do follow the forums, and am well aware of the *alleged* repercussions of doing so. Well....I have had no new animals visit my forest since that purchase. I'm not saying that the purchase had any effects, negative or positive, I'm just stating the facts. I have a secondary account that I play on as well. No purchase has been made on this account, so I have far less gems on this account. And yet, I have also not been able to breed a new animal since the Magnetic Mouse. If you're wondering, both accounts are at level 40.
So please believe me when I say that I am on the fence. I have read how many of you have experienced similar occurrences in your forests, especially after you have reached level 40, or are fortunate to obtained a certain amount of gems. I try to not take the game and its breeding outcomes personally, it is a game after all, and I retain control over whether or not I will continue to play the game, with its ever-changing rules.

tatianasmiles
09-08-15, 11:18 AM
I managed to get my Station Dalmatian yesterday! I have had good and bad luck with the past trios but hopefully this time I will get them all. Still haven't received the update for the newest one. Hopefully it shows up soon.

tatianasmiles
09-08-15, 11:20 AM
I managed to get my Station Dalmatian yesterday! I got it with the plain old fire/earth combination. Had several Armodillos, a good fail (Rubble Rooster which I didn't have) and then get a 14 hour breed time yesterday afternoon. I was very happy to see the Station Dalmation egg this morning. I have had good and bad luck with the past trios but hopefully this time I will get them all. Still haven't received the update for the newest one. Hopefully it shows up soon.

belarica
09-08-15, 11:23 AM
I managed to get my Station Dalmatian yesterday! I got it with the plain old fire/earth combination. Had several Armodillos, a good fail (Rubble Rooster which I didn't have) and then get a 14 hour breed time yesterday afternoon. I was very happy to see the Station Dalmation egg this morning. I have had good and bad luck with the past trios but hopefully this time I will get them all. Still haven't received the update for the newest one. Hopefully it shows up soon.

Me too, excited to get trying for the next one :)

chippychan
09-08-15, 11:35 AM
Yikes, the 2nd animal seems to be a different element combo than the 1st one. :(

ogreve
09-08-15, 11:37 AM
Well it looks like I'm off to a flashing start for captain K9: 12 hours on my first attempt... I don't know what timer the Captain has but I'm pretty sure this will be another Armordillo :(

Sandybellee
09-08-15, 11:38 AM
Yikes, the 2nd animal seems to be a different element combo than the 1st one. :(

What's the element combo? I can only see the earth part because I still only have a goal for the first dog.

SummerNightSky
09-08-15, 11:42 AM
Nature + Earth

chippychan
09-08-15, 11:43 AM
What's the element combo? I can only see the earth part because I still only have a goal for the first dog.

Captain K9 is Nature/Earth (instead of Fire/Earth).
This is the first time the 1st and 2nd animal have been different element combos I think.

Sandybellee
Nature + Earth

Thanks! That certainly complicates matters...

31aug2002
Same here. If the 2nd part is active for anyone, could you be kind enough to post the element combination for the K9 .
Also as this my first trio event I am taking part in . Is it possible to breed the 2nd animal before I get the first one? Or do I first have to get the Dalmatian?

Sandybellee
09-08-15, 11:45 AM
Captain K9 is Nature/Earth (instead of Fire/Earth).
This is the first time the 1st and 2nd animal have been different element combos I think.

Thanks! Yes. Still possible to try for both at the same time, but many more possible fails.

ogreve
09-08-15, 11:45 AM
I just now checked on the Wikia and it appears to be earth - nature :(
That complicates matters as now I'll have to try two different combinations :(
Maybe I'd better aim for it with 4 element attempts from now on..,
Breeding time seems to be 13 hours....

Already I don't like this new development at all. From tomorrow on I shall work on my own agenda again, being 4-element breeding in which I'll include nature-earth-fire and then something else so I can work on getting some stuff I don't have and shall then simply consider the Service animals to be "just other unicorn fails". I'm not going to sweat it too much over this trio I think...

SummerNightSky
09-08-15, 11:52 AM
One could do Earth-Fire-Nature breeding. All of the Nature/Fire animals have a breeding time of 9 hours (Flyerfox) or less. So they are short fails. No chance of a Unicorn, but fewer possible fails.

My breeding attempts (Lv.10 Pandaffodil x Lv.10 Rock Rhino)
1. 9 hours = Plantlers

I don't have Bamboon, Hedgehog, or Grassquatch. Bamboon is needed to finish one goal, while another goal would be finished if I got Grassquatch, so I definitely would not mind those fails ;)

ogreve
09-08-15, 11:56 AM
One could do Earth-Fire-Nature
breeding. All of the Nature/Fire animals have a breeding time of 9 hours (Flyerfox) or less. So they are short fails. No chance of a Unicorn, but fewer possible fails.

Yes, that's what I plan on doing, but... I think I'll also include water into the mix and have some stand at the unicorn. Water also results in short fails mainly AND I still be an Ocen Owl for finally going for the Treasure Toucan!

31aug2002
09-08-15, 11:57 AM
One could do Earth-Fire-Nature breeding. All of the Nature/Fire animals have a breeding time of 9 hours (Flyerfox) or less. So they are short fails. No chance of a Unicorn, but fewer possible fails.
Well I just did that.
Ancient sloth+ pyro pony= 19hrs and it is rubble rooster which I already have. Though wouldn't mind another one. I can get rid of some of my army of armordillos. I currently that've 3 of those

Sandybellee
09-08-15, 12:00 PM
Tough decision for sure how to approach this. I don't think I'm willing to let go of the Money Badger combo just yet so maybe I'll just keep trying for the Dalmatian.

I am however still missing Vinotaur (and you need that to try for the Toucan) and Grassquatch too, so there would be good fails for breeding earth-nature-fire...

SummerNightSky
09-08-15, 12:02 PM
Also, Captain K9 does not share a breeding time with any of the Earth/Nature animals. Both Grassquatch and Hedgehog have a breeding time of 14 hours not 13. So if one does straight Earth/Nature breeding, you'll know you've got Captain K9 when you see a 13 hour timer.

tatianasmiles
09-08-15, 01:54 PM
Also, Captain K9 does not share a breeding time with any of the Earth/Nature animals. Both Grassquatch and Hedgehog have a breeding time of 14 hours not 13. So if one does straight Earth/Nature breeding, you'll know you've got Captain K9 when you see a 13 hour timer.

I just bred earth/nature and got 13 hours the first time! I am super happy! I was going to rush the breeding to see if I got it but decided to come to the forum first and now I won't waste the gems. Thank you SummerNightSky!!! Woohoo!

SummerNightSky
09-08-15, 03:53 PM
I just bred earth/nature and got 13 hours the first time! I am super happy! I was going to rush the breeding to see if I got it but decided to come to the forum first and now I won't waste the gems. Thank you SummerNightSky!!! Woohoo!
No problem, I'm glad that info was able to save you some gems! Congratulations on your Captain K9! :D

zedora5
09-08-15, 04:09 PM
I got super lucky and got my Dalmatian first try!!

TokiChunsa
09-08-15, 04:44 PM
Still an army of armadillos and nothing else. I don't like this at all. They can at least make it slightly easier for people who haven't gotten, them yet.

tennysonrobin
09-08-15, 05:15 PM
So far I've got 4 armordillos, 2 rampages and 1 magmacore (which I didn't have prior to the goal and it's a super rare so it's good though) guess I'll switch to the german shepherd with shorter fail and more easily spotted timer

RowanaFarrin
09-08-15, 06:14 PM
A bit surprised that it takes different elements for the new one. I can see how very fusterating that would be trying to breed both at the same time. My first try with Earth/Nature was 9 hours, no surprise. At least the fail time is a bit shorter.

Good luck everyone! I hope we all get K9s and Dalmations soon!

HappyHeartBakery
09-08-15, 07:04 PM

Ended up with good fail of the Terradytal. Did 1 more Haeron & Armodilla - got an Armodillo.
Decided to try another basic breeding - woohoo got the 14 hr timer with the Dalmatian;).

Onto animal #2 - 1st basic breeding attempt = 14hr timer:(

Buttercup0001
09-08-15, 08:14 PM
No luck here, just countless Armordillos and a Magmacore and now pt 2 has been released. Argh so frustrating

Scribbles138
09-08-15, 08:40 PM
Nothing but armadillos for me. I've been feeling down about this game after the storybook quest, even though I managed to finish it. I'm thinking I'll end up skipping this event, as I currently have 6 animals in storage that I'd like to hatch, and I'd also like to try for the dragonfly. It's too bad, but the odds don't seem to be in my favour this time around, and I flat out refuse to buy gems, even though I do like this trio.

Thought I'd give it another try...I'm a sucker for punishment...put my rhino and pony on the nest, got 19 hours...Rubble Rooster "fail"? I will admit it puts a small smile on my face, although I would have liked to see that Dalmatian.

ninasidstorm8
09-08-15, 10:19 PM
Just found out that my second 14 hour timer was another Volcamel and my next try is another Armordillo. Nothing better than waiting 14 hours to find out you failed again. :(

So far I have bred 5 Armordillos, 1 Rampage and 2 Volcamels trying for the Station Dalmation. I am a little annoyed that we can't breed Captain K9 at the same time since S8 changed the element combo for the second one of the trio. My luck is bound to change eventually. I am now at only 1 new animal bred in the last 55 days.

Shewolf1953
09-08-15, 11:59 PM
Sometimes I don't think it is worth the effort and frustration to try for these trios...I have not been able to complete a trio to date...but I guess I must be a glutton for punishment as I continue to try to complete another trio...I am learning to hate armordillos...well rant over...back to another 12 hr breeding time and another armordillo :(

mrhammy48
09-09-15, 05:48 AM
No luck whatsoever on my end.

ogreve
09-09-15, 06:59 AM
Same here as for the earth-fire combos so I switched over to nature-earth so as to have something else fail in my forest. So far (with the help of some speeding) it has give me a Plantlers, a Grassquatch (!) and then another Plantlers... Now, the Grassquatch was the only earth-fire (breedable) animal that I didn't have yet, so though there's still no Service animal for me, at least the Grassquatch was a positive impulse that's well appreciated!

Probably after a few days of earth-nature (or should I by some wonder actually get the Captian K9 early for once) I'll switch back to earth-fire. Not looking forward to it though...

31aug2002
09-09-15, 07:43 AM
My breeding woes continue. My last fail with earth fire nature was a 19hr rubble rooster. With a little speeding managed to get a chimpala on the nest to give it rest from all that trying for Dalmatian and Captain K9 . So okay now the rubble rooster is on the nest and I tried the pure elements - the pandaffodil and rock rhino. And guess what... All along no 14hr timer while I was trying for the Dalmatian , but now I get 14 hrs. So it's either a grassquatch, which I have or a hedgehog , which I don't ( so in a way a good fail) .
When , oh when am I going to get my 2 lovable dogs
PS... Is FFS in a canine mode ? We have had a slew of these furry friends in the last few weeks. Flan dingo, unicorgi, dusky now this... And also in the value packs. Last one had ground hound and this one has the bull dog... Woof woof :p

ogreve
09-09-15, 07:49 AM
PS... Is FFS in a canine mode ? We have had a slew of these furry friends in the last few weeks. Flan dingo, unicorgi, dusky now this... And also in the value packs. Last one had ground hound and this one has the bull dog... Woof woof :p

Good luck on your 14 hour earth-nature fail, and at least in theory the odds are best that it's a Hedgehog and not the Grassquatch! For me it was the exact opposite, so I was so much the happier to see that it was the Grassquatch! :)

As for your canine remark: I definitely agree, though dogs are pretty much my favourite animals (well... I like Tigers better, but those are not so "approachable" in real life :P ), I don't really want to see EVERY single real-life kind of dog being represented in FFS. :P
Let's hope that after this trio they'll give the dog thing a bit of a rest for a while....

31aug2002
09-09-15, 07:53 AM
Good luck on your 14 hour earth-nature fail, and at least in theory the odds are best that it's a Hedgehog and not the Grassquatch! For me it was the exact opposite, so I was so much the happier to see that it was the Grassquatch! :)

As for your canine remark: I definitely agree, though dogs are pretty much my favourite animals (well... I like Tigers better, but those are not so "approachable" in real life :P ), I don't really want to see EVERY single real-life kind of dog being represented in FFS. :P
Let's hope that after this trio they'll give the dog thing a bit of a rest for a while....
True ... I do love dogs( have 3 at home) but I would love to see some more creatures like the matripony , snapdragon, nightmare.
I really liked the hummingburn ( missed out on that one) too.
Let's hope our luck changes soon . And we get these creatures

Shewolf1953
09-09-15, 12:55 PM
Volcamel X1
Armordillo X5
Another 12 hr timer in the breeding den :(

Buttercup0001
09-09-15, 03:16 PM
No luck here, just countless Armordillos and a Magmacore and now pt 2 has been released. Argh so frustrating

I just got a 14hr timer breeding a Rock Rhino and an Armordillo, my 1st. Fingers crossed its NOT a Volcamel, time will tell.

31aug2002
09-09-15, 10:34 PM
Well as dreaded it has turned out to be a Grassquatch
And my next is Plantler.
So another 9 hr wait for my next try ... Sigh.....

Sandybellee
09-10-15, 02:34 AM
Well, the computer certainly likes to pick the lightning element when breeding Hareon and Armordillo! I now have 7/11 breedings with lightning as one of the elements. Maybe this is not such a good pairing to get the Dalmatian...

Buttercup0001
09-10-15, 04:55 AM
I just got a 14hr timer breeding a Rock Rhino and an Armordillo, my 1st. Fingers crossed its NOT a Volcamel, time will tell.

Success....Station Dalmation egg on nest...so happy :)

31aug2002
09-10-15, 07:45 AM
Happy for you. Congratulations .
Me still struggling to get it.

ninasidstorm8
09-10-15, 08:29 AM

Congratulations, I wish you luck with the other two as well.

HappyHeartBakery
09-10-15, 09:05 AM

Congrats Buttercup!!

Here's hoping success for those still working on the Dalmatian and quicker results for the K9:)

ninasidstorm8
09-10-15, 09:25 AM
Eleven tries at the Station Dalmation and no luck yet. My average for breeding a Rare animal is just under 25 percent. Of the 11 tries for the Dalmation , I have bred 3 Rare animals which is consistent with my average. Unfortunately, the Rare animals were a Rampage and two Volcamels. If S8 splits the chances of getting each animal evenly between the Rares and I have a 25% chance of getting any rare, I have a little over an 8% chance of getting the Station Dalmation for each breeding attempt. This means there is a 60% chance of breeding the animal within 11 attempts. So I am on the unlucky side of average but I hope that will change soon.

I should get 2 more attempts in before the third animal of the trio is released. I hate getting off to such a slow start since I know I will need the time for the last of the trio. Breeding has become a frustrating part of the game for me lately. My current streak is now only one new animal bred in the last 56 days, covering 120 breeding attempts. The worst breeding streak I have had in the game so far.

Congratulations to everyone who have successfully bred the first and/or second animals of the trio and Good Luck to everyone still trying.

mrhammy48
09-10-15, 01:13 PM
Well, the computer certainly likes to pick the lightning element when breeding Hareon and Armordillo! I now have 7/11 breedings with lightning as one of the elements. Maybe this is not such a good pairing to get the Dalmatian...

Me too. Got a very long thunder mammoth fail and multiple foxes and gliders.

Phaedrakiki
09-10-15, 03:08 PM
Wow, I can't believe my luck! I got the Station Dalmation the day the Captain K9 came out. And I just saw my 13-hr timer while breeding Nature-Earth! (After a whole bunch of Planters...) After failing miserably with the Music animals, I'm beyond thrilled!

Good luck to everyone who hasn't got their needed doggie yet, and to all with getting the final hero of the pack!

ninasidstorm8
09-10-15, 04:01 PM
Another Armordillo for me. 12 fails so far including two Volcamels that got my hopes up only to be dashed again. :(

Buttercup0001
09-10-15, 06:09 PM
Thanks 31aug2002, ninaidstorm8 and HappyHeartBakery :) really hoping that u can all breed the station dalmation...dont know why TL/storm8 are making this a near impossible task or will it be that some players are fortunate enough to get them on their games, while others miss out.

Buttercup0001
09-10-15, 06:12 PM
Another Armordillo for me. 12 fails so far including two Volcamels that got my hopes up only to be dashed again. :(

Gosh they are bad odds and such a tease.. im feeling for u, I know how frustrating it can be. Hoping u breed one soon

31aug2002
09-10-15, 11:01 PM
I just don't seem to be getting a break. I have even tried alternating the breeds between K9 and station Dalmatian ... Still no luck with either. :(

karzaa
09-11-15, 01:32 AM
i try Grassquatch and Solar Simian but i got rubble rooster
I was trying to get Station Dalmation
anyway ill keep trying and even if i didn't get it it's better then try by Pyro Pony and rhino
Mostly because you will get more armadillo and it takes 12 hours for trying again This is a waste of time
soo keep trying by these two Grassquatch and Solar Simian Even if you didn't get him u will get new animals
And mostly you will get more of fairy forest but it's just 3hours ! at least better then aramdillo!!

Sandybellee
09-11-15, 01:41 AM
Me too. Got a very long thunder mammoth fail and multiple foxes and gliders.

Just got another fox... I could actually use a Mammoth since I don't have it yet. Let's hope our luck changes soon!

Congrats to everyone who've bred the Dalmatian or K9 already! Looks like this is another trio I will most likely miss. I could improve my chances by going for a straight up fire-earth breeding but I don't want to let go of the chance of a Money Badger. Oh well! I think my forest can survive with the number of dogs it has already. :)

Angelicarose27
09-11-15, 02:32 AM
Ok, for any of you that has gotten the Dalmatian and k9 can you please post what you used to get both? Thank you! I've been using nature fire combos and nothing.. I am reading a lot of you guys trying for earth nature.. Can someone just please post what worked for them.. Thanks so much!

Angelicarose27
09-11-15, 02:33 AM
Also congrats to everyone who has gotten them!!!! 🎉🎉😊😊

31aug2002
09-11-15, 06:17 AM
Ok, for any of you that has gotten the Dalmatian and k9 can you please post what you used to get both? Thank you! I've been using nature fire combos and nothing.. I am reading a lot of you guys trying for earth nature.. Can someone just please post what worked for them.. Thanks so much!

Hi!
For the Station Dalmation you have to breed Earth + Fire eg: pyro pony and rock rhino
For K9 you have to breed Earth + Nature eg rock rhino and pandaffodill.
You can use a combination of animals having these elements.
Like you can youse Rampage + armordillo to get the Dalmation
Hope this is what you wanted to know and this answers your query.

ninasidstorm8
09-11-15, 06:59 AM
My 7th day of trying to breed the Station Dalmation has started off the same way as the first day, an Armordillo for my 13th fail. I was hoping with today being my own dog's birthday, my luck would change but not yet. Still have two weeks to go for the trio, so I still have hope.

I have stuck with a straight Fire/Earth combination since the only other animal in the Earth/Fire Earth/Nature and Nature/Fire combinations that I need besides the trio is a Rubble Rooster. I use my Crystal Unicorn for most of the attempts but I am holding her back now since I anticipate a short tournament to start with today's update. I am now up to 60 Gem Hybrid attempts without success.

31aug2002
09-11-15, 07:11 AM
My latest( I have now lost count) is again an armordillo. ( AAARRRGHHHH... )
I was sticking to Pyro Pony and Rock Rhino. Thought would try Rampage and Volcamel. Still no luck :(:(:( .
I don't think I am going to get the trio. :(

theone2001
09-11-15, 11:18 AM
I've been breeding for the station dalmation since it started. How many commons (armodillo) do I have to breed untill I get a Rare or Super Rare? There are two fire/earth combos that I don't have. So those would be mice fails. I read previous post about for certain players having something done so they don't get the goals. It makes me wonder if something is going on. For the unicorg goal one of the items to breed was a jackalope. I breed for it until the goal ended just to see if I could get the jackalope. (even though I wouldn't get the unicorg) I just wanted to see if I could get the jackalope. and Nope no jackalope... why..... I think after a certain amount of fails we should be able to get the item we are breeding for (This would be when specific goals are set). I was trying to get the woolymamoth. Never got it either. I did get the giraffe. That was good since I didn't have it yet and I liked it.

At least I do better in the tournaments. But just barely. Sometimes it takes me 2 days to get past one opponent. I almost give up but keep persisting I end up winning.

If this were to change were I never breed new animals and never won the tournaments I would just quit playing. What would be the point.

ninasidstorm8
09-11-15, 04:55 PM
I am still trying to breed the Station Dalmation and with the Storybook Adventure going on, I had a decision to make when my latest set of Armordillos were ready to hatch. I sold the Armordillo from the nest (no decision there). Now, should I hatch the Sidekicker from the Storybook adventures and let the pair of animals in the Breeding Den that were about to provide me with another Armordillo egg wait another 6 hours, or move the egg to the nest and try to breed again.

I know that Chapter 2 of the Storybook Adventure will require me to feed the Sidekicker 15 times, so I do need to hatch it at some point. This event occurred at 6:35 PM my time. If I hatch the Sidekicker immediately, I will need to wait until 12:35 in the morning (6 hour breeding time) to move the Armordillo egg to the nest and breed two more animals. If I breed another pair now, it will be between 12 and 19 hours (I plan to breed Earth and Fire) before I can hatch the Sidekicker. I used a Rock Rhino and Pyro Pony as my breeding pair, so freeing those animals for other uses, like the tournament didn’t come into play.

I feel confident that if I delay working on Chapter 2 for at even a day, I will still be able to catch up and finish Chapter 3 on time. If I breed something other than an Armordillo on my next attempt, I can use some of the time difference to reduce the impact of the 6 hour hatching time for the Sidekicker. Therefore, I decided to hold off on hatching the Sidekicker and go for another attempt at the Station Dalmation.

Of course, I got another 12 hour timer from the Breeding Den, my 14th failure including the last 6 being Armordillos. I may just hatch the Sidekicker tomorrow morning when this latest set of Armordillow will be ready hoping to break the streak but repeating this process one more time would probably be more efficient use of the nest.

I also need to be careful about bomb management. It looks like we will not need any bombs in the first four chapters of the Storybook Adventure. Before the above breeding aatempt, I had 14 bombs. Since I knew I was moving an Armordillo to the nest, I used 1 bomb in the mine, so when I moved the Armordillo from the Breeding Den to the nest, I received two bombs and I am now at the 15 bomb limit. I have a couple of open spaces and 5 expansions left to do, but I am at 65 habitats of the 66 you can have. So expanding is not a concern of mine at this time. I would like to use the last habitat I can place for the Hall of Heroes if I can ever finish the trio. So I plan to mine shortly before moving an egg to the nest using the maximum number of bombs I expect to receive from moving the egg. This will keep me at 14 or 15 bombs for the Storybook Adventure, when I might need them.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be the day my poor Breeding streak ends. I enjoy a challenge, and breeding this trio has proved to be one so far. Good Luck to everyone still trying for the trio.

The Storybook Adventure complicates the breeding of the trio but the early Chapters should not affect you play too much. We just need to avoid the temptation of trying to finish a Chapter right away so you can wait even longer for the next Chapter to start.

Scribbles138
09-11-15, 05:17 PM
I've had zero luck here. I'm torn because if I can't get the whole trio I don't really want any of them...might be a bad attitude about it but that's how I feel. And now with the tournament and the storybook adventure, I'm feeling like there's way too much going on. Part of me really wants this trio, but realistically if I haven't managed the first, I feel my chances of getting all three this late in the game are extremely slim. I've even been tempted to buy gems and just buy the trio, but then I tell myself I'd be spending a lot of money on a game that seems to frustrate me more than it entertains me.

ogreve
09-12-15, 12:30 AM
Well, I'm really annoyed at this very moment, after having a LONG chain of earth-fire and earth-nature fails without getting any of the desired dogs, yesterday evening on a straight earth-fire attempt for the second time I got a 14 hour timer. I just sped the remaining three hours of it off the nest so as to make a Rock Rhino breeding for the Storybook goal, and of course, that 14 hour timer just HAD to be another Volcamel. :(
It also only gave two bombs, whereas I was hoping it would give me three. Then, the Rock Rhino breeding I made was done with the Pyro Pony and it gave me a 12 hour Armordillo timer.

Seeing that second Volcamel really is a devastating blow. I really think that try as I might I'll either not get any trio animal at all, or it will be like for the Space and Music trios where I first have over two weeks of fails and only then get my first animal, leaving precious little time to complete it. In order to have any kind of decent chance at these animals, really that 14 hour timer would have had to have been the Station Dalmation.

Well, fortunately at least there's a tournament and Storybook to focus on, both of which do not 100% depend on pure RNG luck...

31aug2002
09-12-15, 05:00 AM
My woes continue. Last night I sped the plantlers last 1hr in the nest and then sped the armordillo in breeding to put it on the nest for the night so that around noon when my day for game starts here my nest would be free for the sidekicker when I started my adventure. Gave the breeding den a 12 hr break/ breather in the hope of getting any one of the two dogs . Started the adventure, put the sidekicker in the nest and went on to breed pure nature / earth combination...another frustratingly irritating Plantler. And I am pretty sure when it comes to breeding it in the adventure, I won't be getting it.

But I will not give up and continue to breed, breed ,breed... Till the very end.

ninasidstorm8
09-12-15, 08:44 AM
Well, I'm really annoyed at this very moment, after having a LONG chain of earth-fire and earth-nature fails without getting any of the desired dogs, yesterday evening on a straight earth-fire attempt for the second time I got a 14 hour timer. I just sped the remaining three hours of it off the nest so as to make a Rock Rhino breeding for the Storybook goal, and of course, that 14 hour timer just HAD to be another Volcamel. :(
It also only gave two bombs, whereas I was hoping it would give me three. Then, the Rock Rhino breeding I made was done with the Pyro Pony and it gave me a 12 hour Armordillo timer.

Seeing that second Volcamel really is a devastating blow. I really think that try as I might I'll either not get any trio animal at all, or it will be like for the Space and Music trios where I first have over two weeks of fails and only then get my first animal, leaving precious little time to complete it. In order to have any kind of decent chance at these animals, really that 14 hour timer would have had to have been the Station Dalmation.

Well, fortunately at least there's a tournament and Storybook to focus on, both of which do not 100% depend on pure RNG luck...

I feel your pain. My haul so far has been 11 Armordillos, 2 Volcamels and 2 Ramoages. One new animal bred in the last 58 days so I am expecting a reversal of fortune soon. I delayed hatching the Sidekicker for a day to see if I could take advantage of any hole in my breeding time. I think I will hatch it in 7 hours, when I take my latest Armordillo off the nest and leave the Rampage Egg in the Breeding Den when they are ready, at least I’ll use up the one hour difference. Maybe hatching the Sidekicker will change things up.

I wish you and everyone else still trying for the Station Dalmation Good Luck.

oo56
09-12-15, 09:57 AM
I have not been able to get the Station Dalmation or Captain K9 (just Plantlers and Armordillos)! Looks as this will be the 1st trio where I don't even get one animal (all 3 of the Valentine's and Musical Trio and only 2 of the Space Trio)!:eek: With Storybook Adventure and only 2 weeks remaining to breed all 3 animals, the pressure is even greater!:(

mrhammy48
09-12-15, 12:24 PM
Got my first 14 hour timer. Not speeding to find out. Fingers crossed.

mrhammy48
09-12-15, 05:02 PM
Got my first 14 hour timer. Not speeding to find out. Fingers crossed.

Volcamel. Bummer.

mrhammy48
09-12-15, 05:25 PM
Actually thinking of selling my habitat. Just don't think this trio is happening for me. I have k9. But I haven't had any luck breeding lately.

oo56
09-13-15, 10:52 AM
OH MY GOSH! I got a 14 hour timer! Could it be?:eek: Not speeding up to find out! Hoping it's a Station Dalmation!

ninasidstorm8
09-13-15, 11:30 AM
Well my 17th try for the Station Dalmation was unsuccessful giving me my 13th Armordillo to go with my 2 Rampages and 2 Volcamels. I am going to switch to breeding for Captain K9 for a while to change things up since I need to hatch a Plantlers for the Storybook Adventure. If I figure a 25% chance of breeding a rare and a 1 in 3 chance of that rare being a Station Dalmation, I have a 92% chance of failure for each attempt. That means there is about a 25% chance of failing 17 times in a row. Don't you love it when you beat the odds. :( I'll be back trying for the Station Dalmation before the time for the trio ends. in the meantime good luck to everyone still trying.

ninasidstorm8
09-13-15, 11:33 AM
I should add. Anyone who is short on food and participating in the Storybook Adventurees, Chapter 9 Act 2 requires the feeding of an Armordillo 25 times. So you may want to keep a few around for that step if you have the room.. It costs a lot less to feed it from level 1 to 3 than the higher levels.

LonePudding
09-13-15, 11:41 AM
I should add. Anyone who is short on food and participating in the Storybook Adventurees, Chapter 9 Act 2 requires the feeding of an Armordillo 25 times. So you may want to keep a few around for that step if you have the room.. It costs a lot less to feed it from level 1 to 3 than the higher levels.

Thanks for this! I have one on the nest and another one breeding, and I'm pretty sure my amazing luck can pop out one more!

s_lynne
09-13-15, 12:02 PM
I give up.

Sandybellee
09-13-15, 12:18 PM
I give up.

These trios are zero fun. :( How is it supposed to keep you entertained and engaged with the game when they are so impossible to breed? I'm getting much more into other games at the moment.

Scribbles138
09-13-15, 08:46 PM
I give up.

I gave up a couple days ago. I'm focussed on the storybook adventure now. Had I had any luck breeding even one of this trio I would have kept at it. The music trio, I didn't get the last one until the very last day, but at least with that I had luck breeding the first two. With this, I don't even want one now, considering I know there's no way I'll complete the set.

31aug2002
09-14-15, 01:48 AM
Well I am ready to throw in the towel too. But I do love the dogs so so so much.
I don't have any complete trios. I have one from the music - the tubacon and 2 from the cosmic which I bought in the value pack.
So will keep trying and hope. For the best... Haven't bought the habitat yet. Will do so even if I get one dog.

Pls pls pls TL do some juggling and throw the dogs our way

ogreve
09-14-15, 02:06 AM
Yep..... I fully agree with what SandyBellee and 31aug2002 wrote: these trios are ONLY fun if you actually manage to get some of the animals; I'm 23 attempts into these animals now and still nothing. Very frustrating. What I'll be doing is trying to "take the trio lightly", with that I mean that until the "hatch an Armordillo" Storybook step has been completed I shall do straight earth-fire and earth-nature attempts (the right one, at the right time, of course), then for the "breed an Armordillo with something" step it will be a further earth-fire attempt and for the "breed a Fairy Ferret with something" step I shall pair it up with earth, or earth-something (for having a 4-element shot). After that, all "straight" bets are off and I think I'll then be working on some more 4-element attempts, even if only for a few times just to have something else going on....
At that point in time I will "downgrade" my priority of getting these Service animals to any normal kind of "welcome collateral damage" of Unicorn attempts then, rather than being "primary targets", that way, at least whatever may be gotten out of it can only feel like a "positive fail", rather than feeling miserable over not being able to breed some "prime target" animals...
I say: keep up the spirit by doing something similar to be able to take these animals lightly! :P

mrhammy48
09-14-15, 06:55 AM
I may take a break from all the armadillos and hatch my dusk bunny from storage. These trios are frustrating.

LonePudding
09-14-15, 03:54 PM
I agree with you all. Not enjoyable at all.

oo56
09-14-15, 04:54 PM
Yeah! The result was a Station Dalmation! WOO-HOO!:D Now to try for that Captain K9!:rolleyes:

ogreve
09-15-15, 02:52 AM
[rant mode on]
OK, after the past unbroken line of 4 Plantlers I now got a third Rooster fail in the nest. Yes, that's THREE super rare Roosters that were bred, along with ALL of the other fails from the combination including several other rares and super rares (except for a Hedgehog and a Magmacore). 26 attempts and still none of the Service animals have bothered to visit my forest. So, though I didn't get any of them I'm now officially SO done with them that I'm going to throw the towel in the ring as far as continuous straight breedings go.

As of now I shall refer to these lovable and friendly looking dogs as Hellhounds. The only thing related to "service" about all of this Trio from Hell is that my Hall of Heroes is gathering so much dust in the forest now (on preciously WELL needed forest space) that it is desperately in need of being "serviced" in terms of dusting it off.
[rant mode off]

O.k., with the above out of the way, I'll try to find a positive angle to all this. I think I'm normally one of the most positive people as far as these breeding fails go etc. but at this moment the idea of putting in another straight attempt sounds about as much fun as shooting oneself in the foot with a nail***. So, let's not go down that path and once the Plantlers finishes hatching, I'll probably fill the 10 hour gap by hatching some animal from storage, hence working on my own agenda again. As for breeding? Well, I could temporarily use maybe 1-2 more Armordillos just for making the hatching and feeding steps of them in the Storybook as cheap and quick as possible. Other than those attempts I think I'll sit the rest of the Trio from Hell time out by doing 4-element breedings alone. Who knows, maybe the other seemingly completely unachievable thing for me (i.e. getting a 45 hour timer) will now happen finally...:/

Sandybellee
09-15-15, 05:28 AM
I'm getting so fed up with this too. 22 failed attempts so far with Hareon and Armordillo. I'm still missing many animals that combo could produce but keep getting the same ones over and over again. Where is my Gold Lion? How about a Mammoth? Or a Tesllama? Or the elusive Money Badger? No sign of a Dalmatian either. Noooo, just an endless line of shock foxes, fire gliders and armordillos... Even sped up twice just to get something else (because just got another 30 gems for a game promotion today) but no, just more armordillos...

31aug2002
09-15-15, 05:43 AM
Like ogreve puts it
Rant mode on
I am not even getting any game promotions to get some extra gems:( . And this endless breeding for a particular things is driving me nuts. I am getting getting frustrated and losing interest in the game. Every time it come to breeding and I put my animals in the den , hoping against hope to get the magical 13 hr timer for K9 or 14 hr for Dalmatian, or even a good fail... My hopes are dashed by looking at the time I don't want. And it is usually a duplicate . I now bred 3 grassquatches , 3 rubble roosters , innumerable planters and Armordillos..

Okay so that was good to get off the chest.

ogreve
09-15-15, 06:37 AM
Hah!
I just started following my own agenda again. I was so annoyed by the sight of yet another Plantlers egg on the nest and yet another long earth-fire fail in the den that I just needed to see something else there for a change. Something nice. Something massively cool. Something special. Something we don't see every day. Something positive. Something pleasant to look at for the coming hours until tomorrow morning. Something to have some moments of fun with. :)

As for that last "something" remark. Five golden stars for the first who guesses (or looks-up) which animal this really pretty egg belongs to that's currently brewing on my nest (to make it a bit more of a challenge I made sure to not show or tell the length of the timer)....:)

There!
I just found a way to have something nice and cool show up in my forest right amidst the trio breeding woes. :)

1 stored animal down, 5 more to go.... :)

Sandybellee
09-15-15, 06:51 AM
Hah!
I just started following my own agenda again. I was so annoyed by the sight of yet another Plantlers egg on the nest and yet another long earth-fire fail in the den that I just needed to see something else there for a change. Something nice. Something massively cool. Something special. Something we don't see every day. Something positive. Something pleasant to look at for the coming hours until tomorrow morning. Something to have some moments of fun with. :)

As for that last "something" remark. Five golden stars for the first who guesses (or looks-up) which animal this really pretty egg belongs to that's currently brewing on my nest (to make it a bit more of a challenge I made sure to not show or tell the length of the timer)....:)

There!
I just found a way to have something nice and cool show up in my forest right amidst the trio breeding woes. :)

1 stored animal down, 5 more to go.... :)

It's one of my favorite eggs! It's Spark Shark! :) Thanks for brightening up the mood!

ogreve
09-15-15, 07:02 AM
It's one of my favorite eggs! It's Spark Shark! :) Thanks for brightening up the mood!

There!

5 golden stars for you! :)
Yes, you're right indeed it's the Spark Shark and I too love this egg!
BTW: I must say that I really, really love most of the eggs in FFS. When DS was a goal game I played that for a while and thought that most of the eggs there looked rather, well, "cheapish". Most FFS eggs are really beautiful though! If only the Conducktor egg (same elemental combination) were this pretty, it would be a nicer 13 hour fail. :)

And... as for brightening up the mood: you're welcome! I guess we could all use that at this point -- I know I certainly could! :P

Sandybellee
09-15-15, 11:41 AM
There!

5 golden stars for you! :)
Yes, you're right indeed it's the Spark Shark and I too love this egg!
BTW: I must say that I really, really love most of the eggs in FFS. When DS was a goal game I played that for a while and thought that most of the eggs there looked rather, well, "cheapish". Most FFS eggs are really beautiful though! If only the Conducktor egg (same elemental combination) were this pretty, it would be a nicer 13 hour fail. :)

And... as for brightening up the mood: you're welcome! I guess we could all use that at this point -- I know I certainly could! :P

Ha ha! Thanks, Olafo! :) Those five stars make me feel I've at least accomplished something FFS related today.

I know exactly what you mean by DS eggs looking cheap compared to FFS eggs. I didn't like the graphics of DS at all at first after being used to the FFS look. But somehow they have grown on me as I've discovered some very lovely dragons. I still much prefer FFS looks though. Especially the new animals have had really lovely eggs, like the Egyptian animals, for instance.

ninasidstorm8
09-15-15, 01:26 PM
After 17 fails for the Station Dalmation I made a couple tries for Captain K9 since I needed a Plantlers for the Storybook Adventure. Managed to get the Plantler but in 3 tries, no Captain K9. Back to trying for the Station Dalmation and the first try back is 12 hrs. I guess it could be the new Lambi. That would be ironic. We will see in another 12 hours.

31aug2002
09-15-15, 01:40 PM
After 17 fails for the Station Dalmation I made a couple tries for Captain K9 since I needed a Plantlers for the Storybook Adventure. Managed to get the Plantler but in 3 tries, no Captain K9. Back to trying for the Station Dalmation and the first try back is 12 hrs. I guess it could be the new Lambi. That would be ironic. We will see in another 12 hours.
I hope it is a Lambi for you .. All the best!!!

Ca7007
09-15-15, 07:07 PM
I was excited when I saw a 14 hr timer, but it turns out it was actaully a volcamel. Luckily I got captain k9, but I hope he won't have to be alone in his habitat :)

31aug2002
09-16-15, 02:47 AM
This is the 1st 14 hr timer I have got with earth -fire combination . Tempted to speed up. But will wait keeping my fingers crossed...

ninasidstorm8
09-16-15, 07:30 AM
My 18th try for the Station Dalmation was a 12 hour timer. This morning I discovered it is the Lambi, only the second new animal I have bred in two months. I got it on the first attempt the Lambi was available. I am not sure if I am happy or frustrated. That makes 5 rare Earth/Fire animals I have bred trying for the Station Dalmation without getting it, including the 2 extra disappointing Volcamels. My 3 tries for the Captain K9 were just as unsuccessful.

I guess its good to get a new animal and hopefully it signals the end of my incredibly poor breeding streak the holes in my album double from 12 to 24. Of course my 19th attempt is another 12 hours. I could use an Armordillo about now for the Storybook Adventure, so it might not that bad.

Still 9+ days left for the trio, so I still have some hope for the trio.

ninasidstorm8
09-17-15, 08:34 AM
Well, my 19th and 20th tries for the Station Dalmation were both Armordillos. My 21st try is my 3rd 14 hour timer. I have already bred 2 Rampages, 2 Volcamels and the new Lambi trying for the Station Dalmation to go with 15 Armordills. I will find out at the end of the day which one this is. I still have hope that I will be successful in the 9+ days that are left.

ogreve
09-17-15, 12:56 PM
Well, what can I say...
Just when on Tuesday afternoon I had decided to call it a day with straight attempts at these Hellhounds, along came Lambi which managed to lure me right back into straight earth-fire breeding. So, since it's release I've had 2 12 hour timers, but both were Armordillos. Hardly a surprise. However, after that I got my 3rd 14 hour timer, and for the third time it's a bl**dy Volcamel. Again hardly a surprise. Next attempt: 12 hours. I'm sure it's yet another Armordillo.
I think I must be realistic about it: 30 attempts and still NOTHING. I'm completely numb from trying for these Hellhounds. It's so bad that when I saw that 14 hour timer appear I didn't even get excited, I didn't even get my hopes up, I already knew that it would be another Volcamel. Well, what are the odds? I don't even want to bother anymore trying to even think about it. I reiterate what I already wrote last Tuesday: I'm done with these straight earth-fire and earth-nature attempts. I'll resort to 4-element breeding. Screw those Hellhounds, screw the Lambi, I just can't be bothered anymore.
Really, the 12 hour Armordillo fails are one thing, but getting THREE 14 hour Volcamel fails, that's just mean. So much for "Service" dogs; they are like real cops though: never around when you need them. The only thing that's lacking is that I don't see them out on the streets giving me a parking ticket. Come to think of it: the thought of getting a parking ticket at this time sounds like more fun than continuing these earth-(hell)fire breedings.... :(

Buttercup0001
09-17-15, 07:16 PM
So much for "Service" dogs; they are like real cops though: never around when you need them. The only thing that's lacking is that I don't see them out on the streets giving me a parking ticket. Come to think of it: the thought of getting a parking ticket at this time sounds like more fun than continuing these earth-(hell)fire breedings.... :(

This had me lmao....its so true but I'd rather the breeding fails then paying $$$$$$$ for a parking ticket ;)

Buttercup0001
09-17-15, 07:21 PM
Well, my 19th and 20th tries for the Station Dalmation were both Armordillos. My 21st try is my 3rd 14 hour timer. I have already bred 2 Rampages, 2 Volcamels and the new Lambi trying for the Station Dalmation to go with 15 Armordills. I will find out at the end of the day which one this is. I still have hope that I will be successful in the 9+ days that are left.

I don't understand why they make it rather impossible to breed the service trio. One would think that after 19 fails surely it would be programmed to breed one. I do think that some players will get all 3, others might get 1 or 2 and others, regardless of how many attempts at breeding, they will never have breed one. Hoping that you get one soon nina:)

ninasidstorm8
09-18-15, 07:10 AM
My 21st try and 3rd 14 hour timer turned out to be, surprise, my 3rd Volcamel. My 22nd try is another 14 hour timer. Could the RNG be so cruel as to give me 2 Volcamels in a row? I'll find out in another 6 hours. I have 8+ days to breed 3 new animals. The Lambi I bred trying to breed the Station Dalmation was only the second new animal in the last two months. My luck is bound to turn soon.

mrhammy48
09-18-15, 07:13 AM
Still no luck for me. All armodillos but for One volcamel and one rampage.

31aug2002
09-18-15, 09:54 AM
RANT and SARCASTIC mode On

Dear TL I thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me raise an army of plantlers and Armordillos when I needed them most( Storybook adventure) . Even when I made a blunder yesterday and put in my armordillo on nest before hatching the Super Heron, you were so kind and generous to give me one immediately( even though hoping against hope , I wanted a Lambi) .
you have ensured that I do not need too much extra food to feed my armordillo 55 times... As now I have 3 of them and can do my act without putting a dent into my food reserves. Thank you soooo much
Even though I have been trying for this Trio from Hell ( as someone put it) from the very beginning.i have been so successful in breeding it that ZILCH is the number of dogs I have from the trio.
Oh deR have said too much!!!!

SummerNightSky
09-18-15, 12:17 PM
My 21st try and 3rd 14 hour timer turned out to be, surprise, my 3rd Volcamel. My 22nd try is another 14 hour timer. Could the RNG be so cruel as to give me 2 Volcamels in a row? I'll find out in another 6 hours. I have 8+ days to breed 3 new animals. The Lambi I bred trying to breed the Station Dalmation was only the second new animal in the last two months. My luck is bound to turn soon.
Fingers crossed for you!

31aug2002
09-18-15, 12:39 PM
RANT and SARCASTIC mode On

Dear TL I thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me raise an army of plantlers and Armordillos when I needed them most( Storybook adventure) . Even when I made a blunder yesterday and put in my armordillo on nest before hatching the Super Heron, you were so kind and generous to give me one immediately( even though hoping against hope , I wanted a Lambi) .
you have ensured that I do not need too much extra food to feed my armordillo 55 times... As now I have 3 of them and can do my act without putting a dent into my food reserves. Thank you soooo much
Even though I have been trying for this Trio from Hell ( as someone put it) from the very beginning.i have been so successful in breeding it that ZILCH is the number of dogs I have from the trio.
Oh deR have said too much!!!!

Sorry for this earlier rant . It felt good to get it off my chest.
My latest attempt for K9 turned out to be another plantler.
But I am now hoping that with the new expansion some juggling has been done to give us poor souls who have not bred any new animal in the past few weeks , the new limited ones in the mkt as well as these trios .

ninasidstorm8
09-18-15, 02:52 PM
After two weeks of breeding including 21 failed attempts at the Station Dalmation 3 of which were the dreaded 14 hour Volcamel, a Station Dalmation egg is now in my nest. I guess the RNG decided that two straight Volcamels would be too cruel after all. On to breeding for Captain K9 and a 9 hour failure. I guess, two in a row would be too much to hope for.

The strangest thing about my ordeal trying to get the Station Dalmation is that of the 22 attempts, not a single one was a Super Rare. I was glad to avoid the wait for a Magamcore but I still don't have a Rubble Rooster. A week to go for the trio and I have renewed hope.

Good Luck to anyone else who hasn't given up yet.