PDA

View Full Version : Animal Update: Station Dalmation 9/4/15

Pages : 1 [2]

mrhammy48
09-18-15, 03:36 PM
After two weeks of breeding including 21 failed attempts at the Station Dalmation 3 of which were the dreaded 14 hour Volcamel, a Station Dalmation egg is now in my nest. I guess the RNG decided that two straight Volcamels would be too cruel after all. On to breeding for Captain K9 and a 9 hour failure. I guess, two in a row would be too much to hope for.

The strangest thing about my ordeal trying to get the Station Dalmation is that of the 22 attempts, not a single one was a Super Rare. I was glad to avoid the wait for a Magamcore but I still don't have a Rubble Rooster. A week to go for the trio and I have renewed hope.

Good Luck to anyone else who hasn't given up yet.

Yay! Congrats!

SummerNightSky
09-18-15, 09:48 PM
After two weeks of breeding including 21 failed attempts at the Station Dalmation 3 of which were the dreaded 14 hour Volcamel, a Station Dalmation egg is now in my nest.
Congratulations: it's awesome that your persistence paid off! Best of luck with Captain K9 :) I need to decide how much more time I'll spend trying for Lambi before going back to Captain K9.

31aug2002
09-19-15, 07:42 PM
Congrats Nina !! ..
My breeding woes seem to be unending. I have had 4 more armordillo fails since in last completed my act to breed armordillo and 2 plantlers ...
I am still waiting for the elusive dogs to show there face in my forest.
The Lambi too doesn't want to visit my forest. I am feeling so disappointed . Have not bred a new animal in almost 4 weeks now .except for the ones I have got through events or goals.
Still waiting.........

ninasidstorm8
09-20-15, 08:31 AM
Yay! Congrats!

Congrats Nina !! ..
My breeding woes seem to be unending. I have had 4 more armordillo fails since in last completed my act to breed armordillo and 2 plantlers ...
I am still waiting for the elusive dogs to show there face in my forest.
The Lambi too doesn't want to visit my forest. I am feeling so disappointed . Have not bred a new animal in almost 4 weeks now .except for the ones I have got through events or goals.
Still waiting.........

Thanks. Working on Captain K9 now. I hope the trio makes an appearance in your forests as well.

mrhammy48
09-20-15, 05:18 PM
Since I finished the storybook. I decided to try my level 9 captain k9 with pyro pony and got...19 hour timer. Bummer. At least it gives me a chance to hatch something from storage since I have a 3 hour ferret fail on the nest.

ogreve
09-21-15, 12:42 AM
After 41 attempts of throwing just about any combination at these dogs I still haven't got a single one, but.... a few moments ago when moving the 9 hour outcome from the Quartz Quetzalcoatl (9) + Rubble Rooster (10) breeding to the nest, I was very happy to see it being the Flyerfox, and not yet another Plantlers! :)
I have already pretty much resigned to what seems to be the inevitable fact that I will not get the Lambi nor ANY of the service dogs (or perhaps just an incomplete trio right around the very end, when it's too late to reasonably try for the other dogs), and I'm now getting to peace with that. Instead, I decided to stick with my own agenda and have a lot of fun with doing Quartz Quetzalcoatl breedings. :)
I do of course use combinations of nature, earth, and fire as the other elements, so I'm still in the game for getting the currently limited animals as outcomes. For that reason, in combination with rumours/suspicions that the odds at getting a Unicorn are better during this type of event, I'm focusing particularly hard on doing 4-element breedings with earth-fire in the mix.
It's really nice to be able to focus on my own agenda(s) again, without letting the frustration of the limited breeding fails get the better of me. :)
At the very least the many breedings for this trio (and the Lambi) have resulted in three good new animals (Grassquatch, Rubble Rooster (3x - only 1 was kept) and the Flyerfox), AND.... it has also caused me to finally make a "strategic gem hybrid acquisition".... :P
Especially that latter move has now opened up a LOT of new possibilities and though it came at a price, it has led to a lot of new fun in breeding! I'm not going to kid myself into believing that it will be a dooze to breed other gem animals; for all I know I may NEVER succeed in breeding one, but at least I now finally CAN breed better for them, as the endless chain of fruitless "normal" 4-element breeding fails was starting to wear me out. So, even though I really did NOT want to "just buy" any animal, in this case I haven't regretted it a single bit so far!

Sandybellee
09-21-15, 03:50 AM
Five days left, 34 breeding attempts in and no Dalmatian... It's ridiculous to have a three week trio event if even the first animal cannot be bred by most players in three weeks. I will keep breeding for the Dalmatian all the way to the end just to prove to myself just how ridiculously bad the odds of getting one are. It cannot be rare. It must at least be a super rare with these odds.

Crr008
09-21-15, 04:32 AM
Finally got the Dalmatian (the first of this trio for me) with Armodillo and Rampage.

ogreve
09-21-15, 04:43 AM
Five days left, 34 breeding attempts in and no Dalmatian... It's ridiculous to have a three week trio event if even the first animal cannot be bred by most players in three weeks. I will keep breeding for the Dalmatian all the way to the end just to prove to myself just how ridiculously bad the odds of getting one are. It cannot be rare. It must at least be a super rare with these odds.

Hi Sandy,
I feel your pain (see the post right above yours ;) ). As mentioned some times earlier, I find it refreshing to work on my own agendas again (when possible combining them with other matters) in times of limited breeding turmoil. I did precisely that during the Cosmic animals trio: for some 10 days in a row I just couldn't get the Plutopus (nor the Lemurcury) I then took a 6 day break or so from that breeding combination altogether and then returned around day 15-16 or so to the trio. I then all of a sudden within a few attempts got a Lemurcury, quickly followed by a Plutopus, then another Lemurcury and then on the very first attempt the Caturn! That last outcome was extremely exceptional for me: I think I've only 2-3 times or so gotten an animal I tried for on the first go. During the Musical trio I didn't take such a break and I came to regret it as I was completely numb after it was all over and done with. This time round the same started to happen (see earlier posts), so I stepped away for a few 4-element breedings, hatched the Spark Shark, and am now taking full blooded Quartz Quetzalcoatl shots at the trio only.
Just a thought, but perhaps you can do something like that too. I'm not sure what your breeding combo is, but if you pair your Unicorn with straight earth-fire, or with earth-nature you'll at least be aiming also for a Ruby, a Cyclops, an Emerald, a Quartz or if you pair it up with earth-fire-nature you'll be going for all of those, AND for an additional Unicorn all at once. Granted, chances are very slim that you'll get another gem animal and the long breeding and hatching times can be clumsy during limited breeding moments, but at least the breeding moments become more interesting again, and perhaps you'll get some good fire-nature fails that you still need (a thing which happened this morning to me when I finally bred a Flyerfox).
Now... in about 1.5 hours the hatching of a Fairy Ferret ends and I have a 12 hour timer in the den (surely an Armordillo, but one never knows..). The Armordillo's breeding will end around midnight and I just did some math on the ending times if I were to hatch something from my storage. I found a very good candidate that I'll be moving to the nest around 15:00 CET (i.e. in 1.5 hours time when the Ferret finishes hatching). This time I think I will not speed clear it off the nest before midnight as I've been burning gems a bit too much for my liking the past three days or so, so I want to slow that down. Besides, the additional shots at the limited animals don't seem to give me the ones I aim for anyway.
Well then... If you look around 15:00 CET at my nest, you can perhaps earn 5 more golden stars. ;)
I'll post the picture over here too again once the egg is on the nest. :P
I hope you too can find some joy in small pleasures like these: I find they're very helpful for keeping up the spirit!
At the end of the day, even if we get none of the dogs nor the Lambi, TL will see to it that there will be plenty of stuff to focus on again before we know it. Most likely tomorrow a 30 round tournament will start and then I plan on having some fun with my trusty Ember, the epic Gold Lion. :)

31aug2002
09-21-15, 04:44 AM
I am with you. It really is very very tough to breed this. Players who play regularly should be able to get it , say after a few tries.
But here we are almost at the end of the event ... Oh my god it has been 16 days now.. And not one in sight.
For my story book adventure chapter 10 I bred fairy ferret with rock rhino in the hope of getting one. I do have a 14 hr timer but i know it will either be a grassquatch ( a super rare , of which I bred two during this period) or a Volcamel , which also I have 2 and have bred 2 during this time.

My suspicions that accounts with gems in them are not getting these dogs is getting stronger and stronger. I had voiced this opinion earlier too.
I mean come on.... I have not bred a new animal in weeks
Still waiting.......
EDIT:
@ ogreve. As you have suggested I have taken breaks from breeding the dogs. Tried for the money badger and done some 4 element breedings too. But the end result was the dreaded armordillo or plantler.
For story book chapter where we had to breed armordillo with anything I went for the Hareon, again attempting for money badger. But no... I get a shock fox which I have .
Perhaps this is my first trio breed so I was hoping for a positive outcome. Was not expecting this frustrating turn of events.

ogreve
09-21-15, 04:59 AM
My suspicions that accounts with gems in them are not getting these dogs is getting stronger and stronger. I had voiced this opinion earlier too.
I mean come on.... I have not bred a new animal in weeks
Still waiting........

This is a thing Zenobia also strongly suspected and to tell you the truth, that thought has crossed my mind more than once too. I'm 41 (!) attempts into this trio now (including 4-element attempts) and nothing. I did get three new animals during these attempts though (Grassquatch, Flyerfox and the Rubble Rooster (3x)). Also, right before the trio I did manage to breed the Steel Woolly Mammoth and little before that the Comet Cougar.
I don't know what to think about the "gems = no limited animals" theory. It certainly seems that SOME animals appear to be unbreedable for me, like a Unicorn and these Service dogs. Treasure was like that too for a looong time, until I did breed a Golden Retriever, so it does happen...
What has me suspicious of possible foul play is what I wrote earlier about the "respin to loose" feature essentially *****ing me out of 2 animals and then during the trio the TWO times that a 12 hour Armordillo breeding gave me THREE bombs instead of TWO, making it come across as if perhaps "a certain 14 hour timer" was replaced by a 12 hour one by means of a 'sleight of hand' like trick...
True or not; I guess we'll never know. I've decided to not get (too) upset about it anymore and to not give in to the temptation of buying any "normal" animal, limited or not. I did buy the Quetzalcoatl, as it's a gem one, and I was already seriously considering doing that for some 2 months or so, just because it opens up so many new possibilities....
Other than that: if I miss these dogs and the Lambi, so be it. I don't need to have ALL animals that were ever released, and if I miss some, that's o.k. :P

Sandybellee
09-21-15, 05:09 AM
@ogreve I am very tempted to go for a completely different breeding for even one time. We'll see. Maybe that would change my luck. After abandoning the Money Badger combo, I've been breeding with the Unicorn. At least I got the Rubble Rooster and Lambi, so this hasn't been a complete waste, but there is definitely something very wrong with these trio events. The first one for me was the space trio (didn't get any of those), then only got Lullabison from the music trio (bought Tubacan right at the end) and now these dogs...

@31aug2002 I hope your 14 hour timer is a Dalmatian! These trios are the most frustrating things in the game for me so far. I haven't been lucky with any of them. At least the ordeal will be over soon.

31aug2002
09-21-15, 05:21 AM
@ogreve & Sandybellee
Thank you both for your encouraging words.
For the record the last limited animal I bred was... See I don't even remember. My list of fails is long. Comet cougar woolly mammoth electric elk
And there were others I don't remember.
And yes I am also still trying for my 1st gem and treasure animal.
If I collect enough gems by end of the trio event I just might buy the Quatzelcoati.
And yes finger crossed for my 14 hr timer. That will mature at 5 am my time.
Just completed the story book and also got the wondercat.
My nest is empty for next 10 hrs so am taking advantage and have put my spark shark to breed.so at least I will have 1 new animal in my forest in the morning...lol...

ogreve
09-21-15, 06:16 AM
Hi,

To those who need a moment of fun and a break from the breeding woes of the current trio, here's another installment of "guess the egg". :P
This is just for fun and I shall not continuously post items like this; this is just to give some inspiration to those who are going numb over fail after fail when trying to get the trio dogs.

Alright, without further ado, here's the egg picture (just like the previous time the timer is intentionally not shown). It should be an easy one to guess or look up. 5 golden stars for the first to guess or look-up which egg it is. :)

ogreve
09-21-15, 06:38 AM
If I collect enough gems by end of the trio event I just might buy the Quatzelcoati.

Whereas I normally don't "encourage" the outright buying of animals, in this case I can actually be a "yay sayer" for that idea. I did the very same last weekend and I have not regretted it. In fact, it gave me a whole lot of new energy and fun in breeding. Sure, the odds of breeding additional gem animals with it will still be terrible, but at least you can then directly have shots at the gem hybrids (and better shots at the Unicorn too) without first having to breed a Unicorn.
But.... one thing of importance: if you're considering buying it, I would do so at least one hour before tomorrow's update as I fear (but am not sure!) that the sale will end by then. At this moment in time it can still be had for a good price at least (though I still think 1100 gems is a lot, but well, I don't think a gem animal will get a much better price than that anytime soon)...

ninasidstorm8
09-21-15, 07:23 AM
Hi,

To those who need a moment of fun and a break from the breeding woes of the current trio, here's another installment of "guess the egg". :P
This is just for fun and I shall not continuously post items like this; this is just to give some inspiration to those who are going numb over fail after fail when trying to get the trio dogs.

Alright, without further ado, here's the egg picture (just like the previous time the timer is intentionally not shown). It should be an easy one to guess or look up. 5 golden stars for the first to guess or look-up which egg it is. :)

I hatched that egg during the first Storybook Adventure. It looks like a Turtle Dove to me.

BiggerBubbles
09-21-15, 07:29 AM
Can anyone tell me how long the service habitat takes to build? Running out of time to try for the St Bernard, but trying to figure the logistics on the extreme remote chance that I got one would have to sell a farm temporarily as it would only go in the service habitat. I am also up to the breed armadillo then fairy ferret, so can't have it sitting in the nest and stuff up the league of extraordinary animals. Of course since I have never got a trio it would be almost impossible..... So does anyone remember how long to build it?

ogreve
09-21-15, 07:35 AM
Can anyone tell me how long the service habitat takes to build? Running out of time to try for the St Bernard, but trying to figure the logistics on the extreme remote chance that I got one would have to sell a farm temporarily as it would only go in the service habitat. I am also up to the breed armadillo then fairy ferret, so can't have it sitting in the nest and stuff up the league of extraordinary animals. Of course since I have never got a trio it would be almost impossible..... So does anyone remember how long to build it?

Sure. It's 15 hours.
Say: I have one for which I seem to have no use; wanna have it for free? It's already been fully constructed some two weeks ago, it just needs inhabitants or to be taken away. Seemingly that latter option will be the more likely one to happen. :P

BTW: Things like habitat construction times etc. can very well be looked up at the Wikia. I really like that place for checking times of breedings, constructions, evolutions, etc.

ninasidstorm8
09-21-15, 07:37 AM

The Hall of Heroes habitat takes 15 hours to build.

ogreve
09-21-15, 07:39 AM
I hatched that egg during the first Storybook Adventure. It looks like a Turtle Dove to me.

Hi,

Yep! You got it! The Turtle Dove it is!
This animal had been in my storage for a LONG time! I'm sure it'll be glad to finally see the light of day. :P
I'm back to having "only" 4 animals in storage now, and I hope to be able to soon be able to hatch those too, preferrably by getting a 41+ hour timer in the den. :P

Sooooo, here they are.....:

Enjoy, and let's not let this event get the better of us! :)
Olafo

freesiawoods
09-21-15, 07:42 AM
No Dalmatian for me either. Been trying since it came out, except when the tales required something else breeding.

ninasidstorm8
09-21-15, 07:50 AM
Hi,

Yep! You got it! The Turtle Dove it is!
This animal had been in my storage for a LONG time! I'm sure it'll be glad to finally see the light of day. :P
I'm back to having "only" 4 animals in storage now, and I hope to be able to soon be able to hatch those too, preferrably by getting a 41+ hour timer in the den. :P

Sooooo, here they are.....:

Enjoy, and let's not let this event get the better of us! :)
Olafo

I would be a little careful in hatching too many eggs in storage. Although it looks as if S8 gave us 12 more 4x4 spaces for habitats, they only increased the habitat limit to 76. I could easily hit that limit if they didn't give us th 12 new spots. I would be very tight on space if I didn't have 25 eggs in storage. Just something to think about.

Good luck on breeding Gem hybrids.

ogreve
09-21-15, 08:12 AM
I would be a little careful in hatching too many eggs in storage. Although it looks as if S8 gave us 12 more 4x4 spaces for habitats, they only increased the habitat limit to 76. I could easily hit that limit if they didn't give us th 12 new spots. I would be very tight on space if I didn't have 25 eggs in storage. Just something to think about.

Good luck on breeding Gem hybrids.

Hi,
I understand what you mean, but I should be o.k. for quite a while to come still. I just counted and it looks like I currently still have 31 plots to expand to. As for the habitats: I'm currently at 46/76 and earlier this morning the construction of a new Big Water Way completed, which is also part of the reason why I'm hatching some water-based eggs from storage. :P
As for such eggs, there's one more left, being the River Runner. The other eggs are all dark, fire, earth combinations; neither of which I can directly place now without moving animals around or building a new habitat.
Now.... let's hope I'll soon need more "gem spaces" :P
Not likely, but it's nice to dream about that at least. :)

31aug2002
09-21-15, 10:31 AM
M
Whereas I normally don't "encourage" the outright buying of animals, in this case I can actually be a "yay sayer" for that idea. I did the very same last weekend and I have not regretted it. In fact, it gave me a whole lot of new energy and fun in breeding. Sure, the odds of breeding additional gem animals with it will still be terrible, but at least you can then directly have shots at the gem hybrids (and better shots at the Unicorn too) without first having to breed a Unicorn.
But.... one thing of importance: if you're considering buying it, I would do so at least one hour before tomorrow's update as I fear (but am not sure!) that the sale will end by then. At this moment in time it can still be had for a good price at least (though I still think 1100 gems is a lot, but well, I don't think a gem animal will get a much better price than that anytime soon)...
Thank you @ ogreve. I
Yes I do realize that . And also to ease matters for me there is 30% off on gems.. And I am considering topping up my gem reserve too.
But these sales keep popping up every week in my forest.
I shall wait till tomorrow morning and see what my 14 hr timer brings me.. If it's another grassquatch or Volcamel. Then I will have to do a little speeding and get my nest empty for the QUARTZY ... . The sale of gems is also there till tomorrow's update. So will wait and watch

31aug2002
09-21-15, 10:32 AM
I just hope my luck changes with tomorrow's update.

mrhammy48
09-21-15, 04:52 PM
Still nothing. Ah well. I'm thinking about calling it quits on this one. I'm probably going to move my k9 and sell the habitat as well. No sense in keeping a habitat with only one animal. I did that with the valentines day event and I'm considering moving my kitten and selling that habitat as well. I may have to think on that a bit more. I could use a break from dogs for a while.

BiggerBubbles
09-21-15, 05:08 PM
Sure. It's 15 hours.
Say: I have one for which I seem to have no use; wanna have it for free? It's already been fully constructed some two weeks ago, it just needs inhabitants or to be taken away. Seemingly that latter option will be the more likely one to happen. :P

BTW: Things like habitat construction times etc. can very well be looked up at the Wikia. I really like that place for checking times of breedings, constructions, evolutions, etc.

Never looked anything up on the Wikia. Not sure where to go. Thanks for the info. Wish we could store farms, habitats and animals like in castle story. Will probably try as I need the bombs anyway, but I'm not likely to get the trio.

Hope you get something to put in the habitat, these are really the only 'normal' animals they've come up with.

ogreve
09-22-15, 01:15 AM
Never looked anything up on the Wikia. Not sure where to go.

Well, as we're not allowed to post links to other sites than the forum here: GIYF: "fantasy forest story wikia" ;)
Try it! Along with this forum it's a GREAT source of information. I wonder where they get their information from; as soon as something has been released, they almost directly have pictures all the way through the epic level...

Sandybellee
09-22-15, 04:39 AM
Well, now I'm 49 breedings into trying for the Dalmatian and haven't got it. I have 3 Lambis now... :( That's it! I will not buy any more gems for this game because if I buy gems, it will not give me animals I try for by breeding but tries to force me to buy them instead. It really seems to be that if you buy gems, breeding becomes much more difficult. The only animal I will consider buying is a treasure animal on sale but other than that, I will test my theory and not spend any more money on this game.

Well, decided why not go for it for a few more times with my remaining gems, so now I'm 53 attempts in and no Dalmatian. I'm closing in on Zenobia's record of around 62 tries for the Plutopus...

Animenia
09-22-15, 04:45 AM
This game is crazy :) I tried to breed "rare" Station Dalmatian and Captain K9 18 days - without success. I've got:

18x Armordillo
1x Rampage
1x Volcamel
2x Magmacore
1x Aperil Fool

14x Plantlers
1x Bamboon
1x Hedgehog

And I've got Saintly Bernard in the second attempt with two Unicorns... :)

So it was easier to get super rare bernard than rare Dalmation or Captain...

Of course I'm happy, but I'm afraid he will stay alone in Hall of Heroes :(24070

ogreve
09-22-15, 06:48 AM
Well, now I'm 49 breedings into trying for the Dalmatian and haven't got it. I have 3 Lambis now... :( That's it! I will not buy any more gems for this game because if I buy gems, it will not give me animals I try for by breeding but tries to force me to buy them instead. It really seems to be that if you buy gems, breeding becomes much more difficult. The only animal I will consider buying is a treasure animal on sale but other than that, I will test my theory and not spend any more money on this game.

Well, decided why not go for it for a few more times with my remaining gems, so now I'm 53 attempts in and no Dalmatian. I'm closing in on Zenobia's record of around 62 tries for the Plutopus...

Ouch! I see you're doing even worse than I am, that is, in terms of amount of tries. I'm at 42 tries now. I did get a total of three animals I didn't have yet, but none of the Hellhounds. With these trio events one really needs to get at least one animal somewhere in the first two weeks as otherwise time is running out too quickly to get the others (due to evolutions, and having to breed a super rare at the end). Therefore, several days ago already I considered these animals to be a total loss. If it weren't for the fact that I can have interesting 4-element attempts at it with the Quetzalcoatl, I'd probably be aiming for something entirely different now. Speaking of which, the last two 4-element attempts both gave me a 12 hour timer. The first was an Armordillo and I'm pretty certain that the second one will be that too. It would be really nice to get a Lambi as that's a pretty animal. Tonight that second 12 hour timer finishes a bit before today's update. I can then have one more earth-fire shot at it, but I don't plan on making that a straight shot, but again a 4-element one. At the very least it feels more productive to have shots at the gem animals too.

At least tonight we're likely to get a tournament so then we'll have something to focus on. And... in a few more days this trio will at least be over and done with. :P

sweetypies97
09-22-15, 02:53 PM
I've been trying while I've been doing the storybook adventures, whenever u can. now that I've finished the storybook adventure I'm back to trying for the station Dalmatian exclusively.

iphone:
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
Aperil fool
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
Volcamel
armordillo
Aperil fool
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
Volcamel :( (I got so excited, I thought I had it)
armordillo
armordillo
STATION DALMATION!!! yay! with only hours to spare! I am so happy!

iPad:
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
armordillo
Aperil fool
armordillo
armordillo

I got the captain k9 while I was trying for the Plantlers in the storybook adventure.

Sandybellee
09-23-15, 02:25 AM
Yes, thank goodness this is almost over! Now I have 55 failed attempts at the Dalmatian. I think it's pretty safe to say these dogs are not even possible outcomes for breeding for some players. I don't think the Dalmatian is even in the breeding pool for me. How else could the chances be so non-existent? I will keep trying to the end to get in as many breedings as there is still time for...

ogreve
09-23-15, 08:21 AM
Yes, thank goodness this is almost over! Now I have 55 failed attempts at the Dalmatian. I think it's pretty safe to say these dogs are not even possible outcomes for breeding for some players. I don't think the Dalmatian is even in the breeding pool for me. How else could the chances be so non-existent? I will keep trying to the end to get in as many breedings as there is still time for...

Yep, 46 attempts now and I have gotten NONE of these dogs.
Really, I did not get a SINGLE one of them! And here I was thinking that the Musical trio was bad, but that one at least gave me a Lullabison on the 17th attempt.

So.. another sad moment just came: as time's up now to have decent shots at the Saintly Bernard even if I were to get the other dogs now, I just sold the Hall of Heroes habitat. The main reason of course is that for the past 2.5+ weeks I've had a very hard needed piece of land effectively laid barren and gone to waste for having an empty habitat on it.
There currently is a Bamboon fail hatching on my nest. I like the baby and juvenile Bamboon and it's a fail that I for some reason don't often get. With my primary Bamboon already at level 10, I think I'll keep this duplicate a while (until desperate measures require me to sell it in order to free space for something else that can't wait).
So, I just started construction of a normal 1 hour earth habitat (yes, a small one, so it is done before the Bamboon finishes hatching) and when the Bamboon finishes hatching it can go in there.
I want to upgrade the habitat to a Grand Earth Plateau (which takes 16 hours), but I don't remember if it's possible to hatch an animal into the habitat while it is being upgraded or not. Does anyone know for sure? If it's possible to do so, I can start the upgrading process right after the normal Earth Plateau finishes being constructed.
Heck, never mind, I just thought of a non-blocking way to figure this out myself: when the habitat finishes, I shall simply temporarily (or permanently) move 1 or two other earth-something animals in there from earth and/or nature habitats, hence freeing up 1 to 2 spaces in existing habitats so I can freely deploy the Bamboon there while the small habitat upgrades. I'll probably put only 1 animal in it, as I can then still see if I'm allowed to move the Bamboon into the at that time essentially still small Earth Plateau, or whether I'm not allowed at all to put anything in it until the upgrading process is complete....

As for breedings: just for the heck of it I'll probably stick with Quetzalcoatl + earth-fire-nature combinations until the end. That way I can still get the first two dogs and the Harvester Hedgehog, as well as the gem animals of course. And... it shall be interesting to see if I manage to breed one of these Hounds from Hell in some of the last moments (like was the case with the Tubacan and the Caturn).

mrhammy48
09-23-15, 10:48 AM
I've given up. Just sold my habitat and moved my k9. Onwards and upwards, I hope.

sweetypies97
09-23-15, 05:16 PM
I really want the Dalmatian. My poor captain k9 will be so lonely all by himself. Just like my tubacan :(

Sandybellee
09-24-15, 01:35 AM
1) Volcamel
2) Fire Glider
3) Fire Glider
4) Rubble Rooster (yay!!!)
5) Armordillo
6) Armordillo
7) Shock Fox
8) Fire Glider
9) Fire Glider
10) Shock Fox
11) Fire Glider
12) Shock Fox
13) Armordillo
14) Armordillo
15) Rampage
16) Fire Glider
17) Armordillo
18) Fire Glider
19) Armordillo
20) Armordillo
21) Armordillo
22) Armordillo
23) Armordillo
24) Armordillo
(Interrupted by Storybook breeding for Plantlers: 1) Bamboon 2) Plantlers)
25) Armordillo
26) Armordillo
27) Volcamel
28) Armordillo
(Took one shot here at the new legendary and got Pandaffodil)
29) Lambi (Yay!!!)
30) Armordillo
31) Armordillo
32) Armordillo
33) Armordillo
34) Rampage
35) Armordillo
36) Armordillo
37) Armordillo
38) Armordillo
39) Armordillo
40) Aperil Fool
41) Aperil Fool
42) Armordillo
43) Armordillo
44) Lambi
45) Armordillo
46) Lambi
47) Armordillo
48) Rampage
49) Rampage
50) Rampage
51) Armordillo
52) Armordillo
53) Volcamel
54) Armordillo
55) Armordillo
56) Armordillo
57) Rubble Rooster

Ok, here's my list. Since attempt number 57 is a Rooster, there'll probably be time for only one more attempt.

I've been breeding for the Dalmatian right from the start of the three weeks and speeded along the way. There is no way it was ever breedable for me. I think they exclude these limited animals from the breeding pools of groups of players. There doesn't seem to be any other explanation.

31aug2002
09-24-15, 01:55 AM
Ok, here's my list. Since attempt number 57 is a Rooster, there'll probably be time for only one more attempt.

I've been breeding for the Dalmatian right from the start of the three weeks and speeded along the way. There is no way it was ever breedable for me. I think they exclude these limited animals from the breeding pools of groups of players. There doesn't seem to be any other explanation.
Wow!! You've kept an exhaustive record!! I haven't done that but my end results are the same.. Though I differ in the fact that I did not get the Lambi either.
I totally agree with you here
I think certain ID's have been excluded or why would we not be able to breed any of the 1st 2 of the trio.
There seems to be no explanation whatsoever
And it is not as if these were ultra rares or even super rares .

ogreve
09-24-15, 01:55 AM

Hi,
I'm starting to suspect the same too. In the past 6-8 weeks or so I did actually breed several "normal 1 week limited animals" (at least the Comet Cougar, Steel Woolly Mammoth, Lambi), but these dogs seem to be unbreedable on my main account too (on my wife's iPhone -where it doesn't matter- I got two Station Dalmations without too much effort).
I'm currently 48 attempts (encounting...) into the Dalmatian and the K9 together; several of those are 4-element shots, but still, these attempts should normally have resulted in at least ONE of these animals (full details can be seen here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84405-Animal-Update-Station-Dalmation-9-4-15&p=1168151&viewfull=1#post1168151 ).
I think the only reason why we didn't break Zenobia's record of 62 attempts, is that those were with the 5 hour Rainguin failures as most common outcome, as opposed to the 9 hour Plantlers and 12 hour Armordillos that have infested our forests.

I'm kinda afraid it's the same with Unicorn breeding and the Spin to Win feature for me. For some reason one often sees really low level forests long since have Unicorns, but not in mine. No idea how often I've tried for it. The Spin to Win thing is another thing that seems to be generous on lots of accounts (giving the players some 3-4 good animals) and barren on others (giving only/mainly the non-animal outcomes). The Spin to Win feature is a kind of "love-hate" feature for me: on the one hand I'm grateful for the free extra stuff, but on the other hand I distrust the outcomes. I don't feel comfortable taking paid spins anymore, at least not until I see some more animal outcomes coming from it. Good for those who are getting animals from it though!

I don't know what's up with those things, but IF such odds are really manipulated (or plainly made impossible) for several players, that would be like a small-scale equivalent of the current Volkswagen scandal, and frankly, it would then warrant the same kind of penance to pay for the ones behind it. Anyway, I'd like to think that such is not the case. If it is and it ever comes out, I'll never buy another gem anymore, and it will be a definitive game-over then. Let's just hope such is not the case.

31aug2002
09-24-15, 06:02 AM
I think the powers that be at TL suddenly felt sorry for me.
After putting my magmacore in its habitat, I put my first attempt with QUARTZY ( a fairy ferret) in the nest.
As I am breeding with commons and rares at present, keeping my epics and super rares free for tournament) , I put in my bamboos and rock rhino in the den.
Wel lo and behold 1 get a 13 hr timer!!!
So K 9 I will have....
Will do some speeding in 3 hrs and may be give one more shot at station dalmatian!!

Sandybellee
09-24-15, 06:08 AM
I think the powers that be at TL suddenly felt sorry for me.
After putting my magmacore in its habitat, I put my first attempt with QUARTZY ( a fairy ferret) in the nest.
As I am breeding with commons and rares at present, keeping my epics and super rares free for tournament) , I put in my bamboos and rock rhino in the den.
Wel lo and behold 1 get a 13 hr timer!!!
So K 9 I will have....
Will do some speeding in 3 hrs and may be give one more shot at station dalmatian!!

Congrats! At least you finally got one of the dogs. :)

Sandybellee
09-24-15, 06:22 AM
@ogreve Yes, I'm sure we could have broken Zenobia's record with shorter fail times! I'm highly suspicious about the randomness of any breeding or spinning results at this point. I want to get that Prize Pony if it's not above 600 gems tomorrow but then I'm done spending money on this game until I feel the results are not manipulated.

31aug2002
09-24-15, 06:38 AM
Thank you Sandybellee !! See I was so fed up with all the fail results that was not even so excited to finally get one of them .
And yes if what ogreve says is true then I too am done
I just hope that is not the case.

Just one query
The service habitat will be available even after the event is over ? Right?
I so want to put the canine there. I was thinking of buying it but need to do some expanding before I can do that... Also need to make space for the treasure trove if I go to buy the Prize Pony.

mrhammy48
09-24-15, 07:37 AM
Well I sold off my habitat and gave up on the Dalmatian. Today I decided to try for money badger again and got a 14 hour timer. How ironic. So it could be a volcamel, fennec shox (happy as I don't have) or the Dalmatian. I have a suspicion that it's the Dalmatian. At this point I really don't want him anymore. I'm not speeding to find out. If it is the Dalmatian there really isn't much time to try for the Bernard. So hopefully it's fennec.

clk48706
09-24-15, 10:04 AM
I am sorry to say that I am in the same boat as many of you on both my accounts. 😥 I have tried since day 1 for the Dalmatian and have 0 to show for it. Well Storm 8 you win but I will definitely not be spending any money on this game until things change 👿

ogreve
09-24-15, 02:52 PM
Well, I just had my "50th anniversary attempt" after speeding 4 hours of Plantlers hatching and 5 hours of Bamboon breeding away.
I again sent my Little Red Rooster on the prowl with the Quartz Quetzalcoatl and got another 10 hour Bamboon timer. I normally never breed those and during this event I've gotten 3 of them already.
Those will of course not all be kept, as they're only rares, make very little money and I will need to space for other animals soon. They'll get to stay a while until I get some animals that will need to take their place.

Clark_Wayne
09-24-15, 08:25 PM

agreed : my main account can't get station dalmation when my baby account got already 2 dalmation and 2 k9 !
they want us to speed the breeding or buy the animals :mad:
i finally bought k9 with my spared gems because i don't want my habitat being empty and my k9 breed a k9 !

dragonloona
09-24-15, 09:31 PM
It is with a heavy heart that through this whole event to get these 3 dogs.... I'VE YET TO BREED ONE!!!!! I Can't believe I couldn't breed one, and curious if I'm the only one!!!!!

Sandybellee
09-25-15, 02:57 AM
And attempt number 58 is another Rampage. Not a single service dog for me either.

I got 6 rare Rampages, 3 rare Volcamels, 3 rare & limited Lambis, 2 super rare Rubble Roosters and 2 super rare Aperil Fools. Yet I didn't get 1 single "rare" Dalmatian in three weeks...

sweetypies97
09-25-15, 03:01 AM
I can't believe I got it!

mrhammy48
09-25-15, 06:50 AM
Well I sold off my habitat and gave up on the Dalmatian. Today I decided to try for money badger again and got a 14 hour timer. How ironic. So it could be a volcamel, fennec shox (happy as I don't have) or the Dalmatian. I have a suspicion that it's the Dalmatian. At this point I really don't want him anymore. I'm not speeding to find out. If it is the Dalmatian there really isn't much time to try for the Bernard. So hopefully it's fennec.

It was fennec shox. Yay!! Happy dance. I'm so done with the trio.

Sandybellee
09-25-15, 11:45 AM
It was fennec shox. Yay!! Happy dance. I'm so done with the trio.

Congrats on the Fennec Shox! Now we can forget about this hellish trio... :p

I did manage one more try (Armordillo) so 59 in total.

kuppikahvia
09-25-15, 01:18 PM
I really want the Dalmatian. My poor captain k9 will be so lonely all by himself. Just like my tubacan :(

How ironic, I only wanted the K9 and nothing else, instead I got TWO Dalmatians, and I swear I would give them away with joy. :(

They may even be the first non-standard animals I will actually sell when the time comes (e.g. no more space for better, new animals).

ogreve
09-25-15, 02:00 PM
Well, less than 1 hour before the end of the Service trio from hell I moved a 12 hour timer to the nest; not the Harvest Hedgehog but yet another Armordillo and for the THIRD time it gave me 3 bombs instead of two. I don't even care about it anymore. I put in one final and definitive shot and got a 3 hours timer, hence a Fairy Ferret.
So, in 3 weeks of breeding for these animals, and after having put in 52 attempts at them I did not get a single of them; if that's what they call "service", then I don't want to know what their definition of a "rude" animal is.

I'm *SO* glad that I didn't stick with straight earth-fire and earth-nature alone and also worked on my own agenda (even if I didn't manage to breed an ultra rare) and I'm also glad that at least I got 4 new animals among the many fails.
When another trio comes along, I shall take it very lightly and shall again work on my own agenda.

I actually wonder what the next trio will be, a bunch of Gremlins perhaps? They'd be more welcome in my forest than these Hellhounds.
Speaking of the latter, I just called their master to taketh them away, back to the shade into the fiery pits whence they came....: