PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update: 9-2-15

Bakerling
08-31-15, 11:59 PM
Bakery Update: 2nd September 2015

http://41.media.tumblr.com/df6c30e32a00e96ad28ebd915477e45d/tumblr_inline_nu0mv0Fkwd1qm7yoc_540.png

Cuisine is a deep rooted part of Chinese culture and history. The words "Dim Sum" literally translate to "point to the heart," wise words for any dedicated chef to remember. Customers will come running when you serve up Baozi in Bakery Story!

Other měiwei delicacies include:

Dim Sum Cart decoration
Egg Tart recipe
Koi Pond decoration

New Machine need 2x1 space.

deekathleen
09-01-15, 07:16 AM
I'm hoping this week's update will have some fall trees. I also hope it is not a box.

rocketsmama
09-01-15, 07:33 AM
I'm tired of boxes....I have already decorated for Halloween, so like deekathleen said some fall trees would be nice.

Halilady
09-01-15, 07:43 AM
Where and when can I find out about weekly updates, I can't find where the announcement is made, please advise, ty:o

LalaSmooth
09-01-15, 07:58 AM
I hope it's a goal week and def not a box ugh!

Bakerling
09-01-15, 08:15 AM
I hope it's a goal week and def not a box ugh!

Hope is not a box. I need new machine. I have mastered all the recipes in all machines. Now left only 1 recipe in colonial oven need to master.

LalaSmooth
09-01-15, 08:32 AM
Hope is not a box. I need new machine. I have mastered all the recipes in all machines. Now left only 1 recipe in colonial oven need to master.

how do you master all the recipes so quick? I'm still finding old ones because I have a feeling they will take them off the game like the winter ones and Xmas and Halloween ones :)

LalaSmooth
09-01-15, 08:33 AM
Also have you mastered the witches couldron appliance recipes?

rocketsmama
09-01-15, 09:04 AM
I have been playing for years (4+) and I still have recipes to master lol. I guess I just bake what I like and what looks good with my decor.

Bakerling
09-01-15, 09:37 AM
Also have you mastered the witches couldron appliance recipes?

Yes. I mastered all recipes. I cook 24 hours non stop since the 1st day I play this game.

Bakerling
09-01-15, 09:40 AM
I have been playing for years (4+) and I still have recipes to master lol. I guess I just bake what I like and what looks good with my decor.

Me too. I have been playing for 4 years +

I have completed all recipes in all machines. Left only pound cake recipe in colonial oven need to master.

Natasha_07
09-01-15, 09:54 AM
I would like autumn goals, I'm currently mastering special ovens but I always welcome new recipes on the regular ovens.

LalaSmooth
09-01-15, 10:21 AM
How did you master the recipes from the sugar N Spice appliance already?

trekker1
09-01-15, 10:24 AM
That's what I do. I bake whatever my decor dictates, but I'm heavy on cakes because they are so pretty. lol

CassieJo84
09-01-15, 11:57 AM
Would love to see a beautiful fall-themed update and goal this month! Pleeeeease. And a long break from boxes.

sleepygs
09-01-15, 12:15 PM
It almost has to be a box, we already have goals and last week we got a new oven. I'll have to watch where I "click" very carefully!

Natasha_07
09-01-15, 12:17 PM
It almost has to be a box, we already have goals and last week we got a new oven. I'll have to watch where I "click" very carefully!

Especially when you got hundreds of gems saving up! :)

DragonWished
09-01-15, 12:27 PM
Yes! A very, very long break from boxes and crates!

Would love to see a beautiful fall-themed update and goal this month! Pleeeeease. And a long break from boxes.

orleansparish
09-01-15, 12:35 PM
Yes! A very, very long break from boxes and crates!

Which means we will naturally get a box! I don't know what I want. Some recipes are always welcomed. I haven't bought decor weekly I'm a while. Other than the rainbow items I always use what I have. Especially since bakery's great items are so gem heavy and I'm saving.

LalaSmooth
09-01-15, 12:53 PM
Might be a new version for android users

AGAIN

deekathleen
09-01-15, 12:56 PM
It will probably be a box, seems like it has gone to two boxes,one goal and one regular update a month, instead of just one box month :(

LalaSmooth
09-01-15, 01:07 PM
It will probably be a box, seems like it has gone to two boxes,one goal and one regular update a month, instead of just one box month :(

better be a good box but hopefully NO flowered ones! sick of having flowery type boxes

DragonWished
09-01-15, 01:18 PM
Ha! Like a reverse Midas touch. ;-)

I would really like something that reflects late summer, like peaches and apples and wine grapes.

Wanting and getting are two different things, as we discovered at Fashion today. Sigh.

Which means we will naturally get a box! I don't know what I want. Some recipes are always welcomed. I haven't bought decor weekly I'm a while. Other than the rainbow items I always use what I have. Especially since bakery's great items are so gem heavy and I'm saving.

Bakerling
09-01-15, 01:47 PM
How did you master the recipes from the sugar N Spice appliance already?

Yes I mastered all recipes in the All machines including NONA Oven, Artsy Icebox and Sweet N Spice.

Natasha_07
09-01-15, 02:08 PM
It's on the blog.

twospoons
09-01-15, 02:17 PM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/df6c30e32a00e96ad28ebd915477e45d/tumblr_inline_nu0mv0Fkwd1qm7yoc_540.png

Cuisine is a deep rooted part of Chinese culture and history. The words "Dim Sum" literally translate to "point to the heart," wise words for any dedicated chef to remember. Customers will come running when you serve up Baozi in Bakery Story!

Dim Sum Cart decoration
Egg Tart recipe
Koi Pond decoration

twospoons
09-01-15, 02:20 PM
I like the koi pond a lot, but I don't know that i'd ever pair the walls & floors--but i like them well enough separately. Interesting to have a theme be in RS & BS in the same week.

I gave in and bought my first gem ovens yesterday. :( just one of the standard profit ones and two of the 12-gem ones. i wanted to make the recipes, even if mastering will take forever. here's hoping these are for coins!

LalaSmooth
09-01-15, 02:21 PM
This update is ugly and ugh those 2x2 appliances :( they take up too much room

jmsgagirl
09-01-15, 02:21 PM
Is this a goal or weekly update I can't tell?

twospoons
09-01-15, 02:22 PM
weekly update it appears.

LalaSmooth
09-01-15, 02:23 PM
Is this a goal or weekly update I can't tell?
I was like that the first time I saw this update but it looks like a general update which bigger appliances

Bakerling
09-01-15, 02:34 PM
This update is ugly and ugh those 2x2 appliances :( they take up too much room

I think is 2x1 space appliances. Yes took up too much space.

Dim Sum Cart decoration
Egg Tart recipe
Koi Pond decoration

Natasha_07
09-01-15, 02:44 PM
Can't believe Home Design is the only game that is getting Fall items this week! :(

orleansparish
09-01-15, 04:42 PM
Can't believe Home Design is the only game that is getting Fall items this week! :(

Same thing I said! It's ridiculous! That seems to honestly be the only game that remains on seasonal trends without fail. The game that I don't think a quarter of the people who play fashion, bakery and restaurant bother with.

I wonder if they will also bring back some old decor like they had been doing? Too bad they couldn't give us the old egg tarts and sticky buns they removed. I LOVED those recipes. And return the almond sugar cookie maker. Mastered the recipe with two machine but I'd love to get and make more and buy some for my other places to have.

CammoAmmo
09-01-15, 04:45 PM
Guess everyone is too dissapointed in not getting a fall update to appreciate this cultural one... I really like it because now I can show off my Chinese side in my bakery!

Natasha_07
09-01-15, 05:08 PM
Well I do appreciate cultural updates but I go by with seasons or times for certain observances, for example:

When I think of February: Valentine's, Carnival, Mardi Gras, CNY.
April: Spring, Easter, April Fools, Passover.

For this month September I'm thinking of Rosh Hashanah, Sukot, Yom Kippur, Autumn/Fall, etc.

Or maybe the mid-autumn festival with lanterns, mooncakes, watermelon/pumpkin recipes.

CassieJo84
09-01-15, 05:28 PM
I like the update, but I'm frustrated that its not fall related...they could have had this instead of that awful colonial update and then gave us fall stuff early so we have plenty of time to decorate. Decor is expensive and I have been saving up for a big fall remodel, but I'm not going to waste time and money if they release fall decor when fall is almost over. Oh well. Hopefully next week, or maybe I will skip seasonal decor altogether though that's no fun. I love the Chinese theme, but I am super excited for fall this year. That said, I hope the updates here and in RS aren't too gem heavy! :)

filochick1982
09-01-15, 05:38 PM
The Koi pond is pretty and can be used all year round. I'm decorating for autumn as soon as my iPad has been fully charged.

lauraleighashby
09-01-15, 06:57 PM
I like this...the pillars, the cart decoration. It all seems to blend quite nicely. Love how the appliance matches the wallpaper and floor. Shame it is so large but I don't keep my appliance slots full anymore due to an excess of food.
Again, very happy for new recipes and....no box!

rosewaterlily
09-01-15, 07:08 PM
Love the update! I've been wanting them to bring back Chinese recipes and decor since they were unceremoniously purged with no warning a few years ago. The koi pond will complement my always used lotus fountain quite well.

aiyoosha
09-01-15, 07:31 PM
wow i wish we were getting this on rs it would be a welcoming edition to my hanging gardens area!

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
09-01-15, 07:40 PM
Looking forward to this one, but when do gems go on sale again so I can get my "monthly allotment ", as no doubt that koi pond is not for coins! Plus, I'd probably need to expand... a lot!

pixiegamer
09-01-15, 09:13 PM
Aw! Loretta and Hazel are too far west for me to put China on their itinerary now! :( Maybe they can go there for Round 2 of their worldwide travels ;)

Really liking this update though. The wallpaper and flooring is pretty, though I agree with an earlier poster that I might not use them together. I wish they had given us new tables, chairs, and counters to go with it though...

sleepygs
09-02-15, 02:05 AM
Guess everyone is too dissapointed in not getting a fall update to appreciate this cultural one... I really like it because now I can show off my Chinese side in my bakery!
I like this update too! I can only guess it is supposed to be Moon Festival related, but it might help others if they came right out and said that... I think most "Westerners" probably are more familiar with Chinese New Year. (Myself included, but my favorite grocery store is teaching me, ha!)

I do have two problems with the update though: I'm already pressed for space with the ovens I have out, "double wides" seem like they're trying to push me to use gems to expand.

Second, koi are Japanese!!!!

minidemon88
09-02-15, 02:07 AM
Love the updates here too! Especially the koi pond and the jade dragon pillar! :o Will need to get a closer look at the dim sum cart. New recipes and the appliance looks awesome, let's hope it will be for coins. I'm still feeling bummed that they removed the 2012 CNY items and recipes. I want the yummy snacks cart!! :(

Erm TL, the wall decoration "囍" aka double happiness is normally use during Chinese wedding. So it's a little awkward in the update.

Lenkapon
09-02-15, 02:45 AM
I love this update, I've been wanting a Chinese update cause there's soooo manyyy kinds of food in China! I wish the update could be better...

LalaSmooth
09-02-15, 03:10 AM
I guess I'll have to remove things from my game just to add those appliances. Why do they make them big?

fawziaj
09-02-15, 05:16 AM
Parts needed fr ovens???

Dilligaf37224
09-02-15, 05:36 AM
I also was hoping for something better that would accommodate the seasons and it would be nice to have updates before holidays or the seasons are over and done with. I am looking for the sweet and spice and ice box ovens. I see many neighbors have them but I did not have a chance to them is it possible that you can bring them back. I play on an iPad and the neighbor plays on an iPad mini she has the ovens so why didn't didn't I get a chance at them

myferngardens
09-02-15, 05:37 AM
I have never had to design a kitchen space with the double wide oven. I dont have any. I was having major device trouble during the goals with the fudge station so I took a break. Maybe double wides are a pain, but I like the way they look. They add variety. I don't think I will have all 19 or 20 oven slots full when I have the double wide ovens out but that's ok. In BS it's really easy to get a food horde. I don't always cook on all the slots and I don't cook 24/7. I like the double wide.
Great update S8. I can't wait to see and cook the new recipes.

sls0991
09-02-15, 05:54 AM
I'll be getting the Koi Pond, but that's it, and only if it's not for 50 gems or something. I'm glad TL is getting in touch with their cultural side, we've had many different cultural updates, but I REALLY want some SEASONAL ITEMS. We didn't get anything for summer, did we? I don't remember getting one summer related seasonal update, what a SHAME.

Aw! Loretta and Hazel are too far west for me to put China on their itinerary now! :( Maybe they can go there for Round 2 of their worldwide travels ;)

Really liking this update though. The wallpaper and flooring is pretty, though I agree with an earlier poster that I might not use them together. I wish they had given us new tables, chairs, and counters to go with it though...

LOL you are hilarious and I love seeing you talk about their travels. :P

LalaSmooth
09-02-15, 06:35 AM
Parts needed fr ovens???

we don't know yet. The ovens could be for gems but 8pm UK time the update arrives

steelersbabyyy
09-02-15, 08:55 AM
ugh not liking the update. i'll get the koi pond if its not alot of gems and of course the stoves if its not gems. i really really wanted fall stuff ughh! i already decorated for fall/halloween.

Bakerling
09-02-15, 09:43 AM
I'll be getting the Koi Pond, but that's it, and only if it's not for 50 gems or something. I'm glad TL is getting in touch with their cultural side, we've had many different cultural updates, but I REALLY want some SEASONAL ITEMS. We didn't get anything for summer, did we? I don't remember getting one summer related seasonal update, what a SHAME.

LOL you are hilarious and I love seeing you talk about their travels. :P

I think the koi Pond need at least 24 gems to buy.

deekathleen
09-02-15, 09:49 AM
I think the koi Pond need at least 24 gems to buy.

I bet it will be more than that, I'm thinking it will probably be 50 or more.

deekathleen
09-02-15, 09:53 AM
I also was hoping for something better that would accommodate the seasons and it would be nice to have updates before holidays or the seasons are over and done with. I am looking for the sweet and spice and ice box ovens. I see many neighbors have them but I did not have a chance to them is it possible that you can bring them back. I play on an iPad and the neighbor plays on an iPad mini she has the ovens so why didn't didn't I get a chance at them

Isn't the ice box oven part of the goal we just had? Isn't the sugar spice oven currently out now?

LalaSmooth
09-02-15, 10:48 AM
I'm pretty sure there was the recipe Egg Tarts on the stove back in 2011?

aiyoosha
09-02-15, 11:09 AM
its 34 gems for koi pond! god how i wish it was in RS ahhhhhhh its soooo beautiful out on display ;(

Bakerling
09-02-15, 11:12 AM
2nd September 2015. Dim Sum Station
23423 Dim Sum Station

23424 Parts needed to build Dim Sum Station

23425 Recipes inside the Dim Sum Station

LalaSmooth
09-02-15, 11:23 AM
23423 Dim Sum Station

I just sent you an invite but I'm guessing you don't accept new neighbours? Glad you have new recipes to master

goofygooberock
09-02-15, 11:39 AM
Definitely a new approach!:D

CassieJo84
09-02-15, 11:49 AM
Will be getting the koi pond for sure, so pretty. Dim Sum cart decoration is expensive for being so tiny.

LadyEna
09-02-15, 12:27 PM
I do wish they would however make more red tables & chairs for BS! Everything we
have so far is Valentine related, with the exception of the apple core ones.
Maybe next week they could work in the red tables for Fall?

sls0991
09-02-15, 12:34 PM
The Koi Pond is much more expensive than I anticipated.. won't be buying for now. ;(
I just hope TL will bring back the fall leaf floor tiles, I need so many more of them and they're gorgeous and fit my theme perfectly!

StevesAllNightDiner
09-02-15, 12:35 PM
Hey Storm8, there's other parts for an oven other then the element! They keep choosing the element lately! Can you pick something else next time like maybe the oven lamp/light?!!!

sls0991
09-02-15, 12:42 PM
StevesAllNightDiner, that's why I've been gifting oven elements to my neighbors like crazy, I just knew they would use it again this week LOL. I wish they would start using basic parts again (gear, fuse, paint, knobs, etc) I have HUNDREDS of those.

darko5
09-02-15, 03:50 PM
The Koi Pond is awesome!!! Must save some gems to get it:)

darko5
09-02-15, 03:52 PM
Also, its really cool that S8 decided to bring around these themes related to other cultures like someone said before;)

twospoons
09-02-15, 03:53 PM
i think 34 isn't bad, and i'm so happy to have coin ovens again! (i too prefer 1x1, my place being on the small side, but it's nice to mix it up every once in a while.)

I do wish they would however make more red tables & chairs for BS! Everything we have so far is Valentine related, with the exception of the apple core ones. Maybe next week they could work in the red tables for Fall?

i'd like some more deep colors in general. i feel like the darker colors are far outnumbered by bright & pastel ones (except for browns & blacks, we've got a bunch of those).

LadyEna
09-02-15, 04:10 PM
i'd like some more deep colors in general. i feel like the darker colors are far outnumbered by bright & pastel ones (except for browns & blacks, we've got a bunch of those).

I sooo agree! More deep rich colors would be great!
And with Fall & Halloween coming up, it would be perfect timing.

On topic: I do like the columns, the wallpaper & flooring are nice as well.
I fit those in with the fall look I have going on currently.

toffee_mint
09-03-15, 01:29 AM
I'll be doing this goal, hopefully it doesn't include spending gems. I wonder what the end prize will be. :D

geordieprogman
09-03-15, 01:58 AM
I'll be doing this goal, hopefully it doesn't include spending gems. I wonder what the end prize will be. :D

It's not a goal. It's just an update, so what is showing is all you're going to get. Hopefully the goals will be here next Wednesday. Hopefully they will be autumn/fall goals.

freesiawoods
09-03-15, 02:01 AM
StevesAllNightDiner, that's why I've been gifting oven elements to my neighbors like crazy, I just knew they would use it again this week LOL. I wish they would start using basic parts again (gear, fuse, paint, knobs, etc) I have HUNDREDS of those.

Oven element is the new fuse. I should be thankful there is only one new part, the part list is already too long!

thecoolgu2
09-03-15, 04:40 AM
Sorry if I sound like an idiot but, Where can I see the full changelog of this update?

Bakerling
09-05-15, 09:18 AM
Will be getting the koi pond for sure, so pretty. Dim Sum cart decoration is expensive for being so tiny.

Koi pond is really very pretty. Is worth to buy one. I am collecting gems now for that koi pond.

Bakerling
09-05-15, 09:30 AM
Oven element is the new fuse. I should be thankful there is only one new part, the part list is already too long!

It is wise to collect oven elements. Too many machines need oven elements as parts.

LalaSmooth
09-05-15, 11:04 AM
Koi pond is really very pretty. Is worth to buy one. I am collecting gems now for that koi pond.
I'm guessing you've mastered the recipes already? lol

ievuxia
09-05-15, 11:35 AM
I love asian updates because they're just so pretty and exotic for me :) the koi pond is indeed gorgeous and it's not too gem-heavy, when I saw the preview I thought it would cost 50+ gems. Thanks TL/S8 for a beautiful update!

Chrysothemis
09-06-15, 12:37 AM
Thank you, as always, for posting the important information in a concise manner. It is getting harder and harder to find that without insane searching. Used to be on the first post as soon as it was discovered. Your work is appreciated.
23423 Dim Sum Station

kgp70282
09-07-15, 03:34 PM
Add me kgp70282

Bakerling
09-07-15, 09:45 PM
I'm guessing you've mastered the recipes already? lol

Yes I have mastered all the recipes in all the machines including the Dim Sum Station

23559 Mastered all the recipes

23560 Dim Sum Station

LalaSmooth
09-07-15, 10:52 PM
Yes I have mastered all the recipes in all the machines including the Dim Sum Station

23559 Mastered all the recipes

23560 Dim Sum Station

how do you do it so fast? lol

Bakerling
09-08-15, 02:10 AM
how do you do it so fast? lol

I used 13 Dim Sum Station to mastered all the recipes. that is why so fast lol. Now I am looking forward to the next goal. Hopefully got new machine to cook.

mariarenee83
09-08-15, 03:06 AM
Why they don't put goals for BS, RS, N FS. WHY :(

deekathleen
09-08-15, 05:09 AM
Why they don't put goals for BS, RS, N FS. WHY :(

Bakery story and restaurant story both have monthly goals. Farm story 1 is an abandon game that is no longer even updated and fashion story I don't think it ever had monthly goals, did it?

sweetswill
09-11-15, 01:04 PM
Why haven't I even gotten this goal yet?

Last goal I finished was the "artist's den" several weeks ago.

deekathleen
09-11-15, 01:35 PM
Why haven't I even gotten this goal yet?

Last goal I finished was the "artist's den" several weeks ago.

There hasn't been a new goal since the artist one.
The last two weeks have just been updates,one of which was a box update.

sweetswill
09-11-15, 05:31 PM
There hasn't been a new goal since the artist one.
The last two weeks have just been updates,one of which was a box update.

OK. Thanks. Thought this Dim Sum oven and decor was for a goal.