PDA

View Full Version : Receiving Venetian Masks Instead of Mystic Maps?

deadpixel
08-31-15, 11:57 PM
Having spent my horde of 400 Mystic Maps, I've had to start requesting them from my neighbors again. However, I'm seeing something really odd happening because although I've only requested for Mystic Maps, for some reason or another, my neighbors are sending me a mixture of mystic maps and Venetian Masks.

http://www.pbase.com/deadpixel/image/161171346.jpg

The last time I made any request for Venetian Masks must have been at least a year ago. Why are they popping up now when the request made were only for Mystic Maps? This is really slowing down the land expansion, is there some bug in the game? Has anyone else seen this happening to them?

freesiawoods
09-01-15, 01:33 AM
Did you check your actual balance of mystic maps? Sometimes the newsfeed is inaccurate and may not reflect what you really received.

Otherwise, that would be a terrible glitch.

deadpixel
09-01-15, 06:39 AM
Did you check your actual balance of mystic maps? Sometimes the newsfeed is inaccurate and may not reflect what you really received.

Otherwise, that would be a terrible glitch.

I'll take a count when the next batch of maps come in. Hopefully you're right about the newsfeed being inaccurate, otherwise ... :(

Kennedward
09-01-15, 06:55 AM
For me, I still receive maps, so maybe you can contact TL for help

roguebee
09-01-15, 07:13 AM
If you are collecting Venetian maps, maybe you'll get enough to craft the dragon? I'm receiving just maps from neighbors.

zyfazix
09-01-15, 10:04 AM
Perhaps those neighbours weren't active when you sent that request. If they returned to the game recently maybe it's possible that request was still there. I remember something similarly happening on Restaurant or Bakery story with one of my alts

sam204
09-02-15, 07:34 PM
Did you notice that where Venetian masks are received , name of the Island did not appear from whom those are received ? That space is blank . It does never happen that way ! Must be some system mistake or Glitch !

cocauina
09-02-15, 08:31 PM
Did you notice that where Venetian masks are received , name of the Island did not appear from whom those are received ? That space is blank . It does never happen that way ! Must be some system mistake or Glitch !

deadpixel just put a rectangle with the exact same color has the bar from where the names are placed, she/he didn't cover the name from TL island because it's TL and everybody has TL as neighbor. If you notice, with more attention, you can see the shadow from a letter in the middle message right before the visit button.

sam204
09-02-15, 10:53 PM
deadpixel just put a rectangle with the exact same color has the bar from where the names are placed, she/he didn't cover the name from TL island because it's TL and everybody has TL as neighbor. If you notice, with more attention, you can see the shadow from a letter in the middle message right before the visit button.

Thanks ! Very good observation !! But I feel , there was no need to do that ( if it was done ) as names of neighbors is not something to be kept secret !

deadpixel
09-03-15, 12:58 AM
Thanks ! Very good observation !! But I feel , there was no need to do that ( if it was done ) as names of neighbors is not something to be kept secret !

That's true but you never know how sensitive people may be about such things, so best to be safe.

deadpixel
09-03-15, 01:03 AM
A big thank you to all who offered their opinions and suggestions. ;)

I did some tallying and found that I was getting the Mystic Maps even for the notices that said I'd received a Venetian Mask, so it appears to just be a messaging bug :)

Hopefully TL will get to fixing it at some point. No rush, as long as the maps come in :D