PDA

View Full Version : So... about the new update on orginal DS on Android

Dragosle
08-31-15, 08:10 AM
The newest version on Google is 2.1.1g, while I see in the Apple store is version 2.1.1 so I could say there's still some differences. And here's what I have seen so far:

What Android is having now after the update:
- The new island
- Noble Crystal and lv15 dragon
- Prime Dragons

What we still not have yet:
- The Dragon Album
- The Arctic Isle
(and anything related to those two)

So my question is does Android getting the Dragon Tales feature in this newest version?

EDIT 1:
The app was updated (Sep 1st) and is now version 1.9.8.8g
Nothing much have change except the market's layout is now back to the Country Picnic version.

EDIT 2:
The app got updated today (Sep 4th) and once again version 2.1.1g
The market layout is still as same as Country Picnic version compare to the previous 2.1.1g version

But better news is that the Dragon Tales feature is now up in its description :o

freshfunin2008
08-31-15, 08:45 AM
The newest version on Google is 2.1.1g, while I see in the Apple store is version 2.1.1 so I could say there's still some differences. And here's what I have seen so far:

- The new island
- Prime Dragons

- The Dragon Album
- The Arctic Isle

So my question is does Android getting the Dragon Tales feature in this newest version?

Wow they have done so much. While is is not true parity it is getting closer.

dragonspearls
08-31-15, 10:05 AM

- The new island
- Prime Dragons

- The Dragon Album
- The Arctic Isle

Google Play Store is showing 2.2.1g as the latest version, which I have installed. However, I do not have the Noble Crystal in the market or any other new items (aside from the country picnic event and plum blossom dragon). Call me confused. :confused:

Dragosle
08-31-15, 11:21 AM
Google Play Store is showing 2.2.1g as the latest version, which I have installed. However, I do not have the Noble Crystal in the market or any other new items (aside from the country picnic event and plum blossom dragon). Call me confused. :confused:

Perhaps you need to reach a specific level for being able to buy it or does it completely missing from the market? It's showing up fine for me :eek:

dragonspearls
08-31-15, 12:19 PM
Perhaps you need to reach a specific level for being able to buy it or does it completely missing from the market? It's showing up fine for me :eek:

I'm level 150 and it's completely missing from the market. I even restarted my tablet to see if that was the issue. Nope, not there.

inesat
08-31-15, 12:58 PM

- The new island
- Prime Dragons

- The Dragon Album
- The Arctic Isle

What's happening here? Is android getting fancy ios only stuff? And if yes, anyone made them work?

UPDATE: Omg! It's true! The extra expansions appeared and there's a Noble Crystal in my market! This will probably cost me gold because I updated before getting the goal to do so, but I'm so excited right now!

UPDATE 2: Was too fast to get excited, it's lagging so bad it's unplayable. Not despairing yet, waiting to see if it improves.

dragonspearls
08-31-15, 04:28 PM
Finally figured it out. Turned out I was using the most recent "add-on" version - Country Picnic (and Spring before that) - because the basic DS lags so badly. Finally got it to open and bought the crystal.

Weirdness:
1) While I couldn't see or buy the crystal in Country Picnic, I could see and request maps for the new expansions.
2) I can only use the Noble Crystal effect of leveling dragons to 15 in the basic DS.

<sigh> Very good progress in creating parity between iOs and Android, but very poor execution between the lagging and inconsistency of using new items across versions. If S8 would fix the lag issue (which has been present for MONTHS) and fix/change whatever is preventing the Noble Crystal from being used in current versions such as Country Picnic, I'd be happy. I'm sure others would too. As it stands now, because of the extreme lagging in basic DS I will not be leveling any dragons above 10. The lag makes the game unplayable, unenjoyable and downright frustrating.

cdreams1980
08-31-15, 07:34 PM
So I downloaded the original ds in the play store, bought the noble crystal, then went back to may flowers which is the version I typically play through and the noble crystal is still there but my epic dragons say they are at their max level. What happens if you upgrade them in the original ds and then play through another version like may flowers or country picnic?

DeeDe99
08-31-15, 08:08 PM
I've never played the original version. First version I installed was Country Picnic (Android). Your experience in interesting to me as I asked a question the other day about switching from Android to iOS possibly. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84332-Switching-between-Android-and-iOS-devices

By the way, I have no lag. I also have no level 15!

popcorn_belle
08-31-15, 11:03 PM
After reading the reviews about updated DS version for android, I did not install it for now to avoid lagging problems

Mythdefied
08-31-15, 11:26 PM
Oh wow, the lag! Going back to the picnic one.

Dragosle
09-01-15, 11:02 PM
So they've just update the original DS today (mine finish 5min ago) and now it's version 1.9.8.8g (previously was version 2.1.1g).

Does this mean a downgrade :eek: Gonna check back to see what's in it.

Dragosle
09-02-15, 06:50 AM
I'm level 150 and it's completely missing from the market. I even restarted my tablet to see if that was the issue. Nope, not there.

Hmm I guess it was bugged. Many was saying that the new version is buggy and somewhat unplayable.

That aside, they've updated the app today. I should try again to if it's work.

Dragosle
09-03-15, 10:56 PM
Android is getting Dragon Tales feature. Let's see how it will be :D

ecxtasy
09-04-15, 11:47 AM
I got dragon tales on my android just don't wanna start it yet until some more info on here about it.

lauraleighashby
09-04-15, 11:52 AM
Just installed the updated version...a few crashes but no lag. Excited about the Dragon Tales.

dragonspearls
09-04-15, 12:07 PM
Is there a basic Tales guide to explain newbie questions? What the heck is the timer about? Not starting it without more info considering the tournament, CS event, and taking advantage of hubby being out of town to grind short time stuff.

cvrc
09-06-15, 02:10 PM
It says "Not for your device". Great... :p

Dragosle
09-06-15, 09:53 PM
It says "Not for your device". Great... :p

Well, if you search for DS app on Google Store using a computer/laptop, it says that the version is "Varies for devices" xD

cvrc
09-08-15, 01:28 AM
Well, if you search for DS app on Google Store using a computer/laptop, it says that the version is "Varies for devices" xD

Yes, but I was able to find an APK version and download/install the game, even if it says "Not for your device" in Play Store. I've got new expansions and Noble Crystal, but no sign of the event. And the version is 2.2.1g.

Dragosle
09-09-15, 10:11 PM
Yes, but I was able to find an APK version and download/install the game, even if it says "Not for your device" in Play Store. I've got new expansions and Noble Crystal, but no sign of the event. And the version is 2.2.1g.

Hmm, I guess it was because the version is not fully compatible with your device. It works really fine in all of my 3 phones and tablet.

You should send a ticket for help about this.