PDA

View Full Version : Game won't open!

Gypsy_Cat
08-31-15, 06:43 AM
I've not been able to open my game for 2 days :( I emailed support on Saturday and still have not heard anything. I play on Kindle HDX and have uninstalled/reinstalled, restarted my device and force closed many times. Can a mod please please please check on this?

Thanks!

kooky panda
08-31-15, 09:55 AM
It can take 3-5 business days before an agent may respond to a ticket.
Please send me a private message with your ticket number.

Thanks

[S8] Elsa
08-31-15, 10:42 AM
I've not been able to open my game for 2 days :( I emailed support on Saturday and still have not heard anything. I play on Kindle HDX and have uninstalled/reinstalled, restarted my device and force closed many times. Can a mod please please please check on this?

Thanks!

Are you experiencing a connection error or are you crashing?

Gypsy_Cat
08-31-15, 12:38 PM
Elsa;1166277']Are you experiencing a connection error or are you crashing?

It's just crashing. All of my other games are fine :(

Gypsy_Cat
08-31-15, 12:39 PM
When I try to open the app, the title screen appears with the little spinning circle. It spins for about 3 seconds, stops, then the app closes itself.

[S8] Elsa
08-31-15, 02:03 PM
When I try to open the app, the title screen appears with the little spinning circle. It spins for about 3 seconds, stops, then the app closes itself.

Thanks for the info. Does it allow you to report? If it does, can you please tap Report > Preview and scroll down. You'll want to look for text that says Error, Exception Error, or Exception Class Error. If you're able to write down the error message, can you please send me a private message with what you receive?

Gypsy_Cat
09-01-15, 05:53 AM
Elsa;1166367']Thanks for the info. Does it allow you to report? If it does, can you please tap Report > Preview and scroll down. You'll want to look for text that says Error, Exception Error, or Exception Class Error. If you're able to write down the error message, can you please send me a private message with what you receive?

I don't see anywhere that I can report or get an error message :(

Gypsy_Cat
09-01-15, 12:23 PM
It's been 4 whole days :( I miss my dragons. I has a sad :(

Gypsy_Cat
09-02-15, 05:50 AM
I just got the most infuriating (non)reply from support :mad: I really hate it when the 'advice' you are given is something so basic that you would be an idiot if you hadn't already tried it :mad:

Gypsy_Cat
09-10-15, 01:49 PM
It's been 13 days since I've been able to open my game and have not gotten any help from support at all. I am thoroughly disgusted :mad:

ladybugrentals
09-11-15, 09:01 PM
Ditto. I am not getting resolution either

It's been 13 days since I've been able to open my game and have not gotten any help from support at all. I am thoroughly disgusted :mad:

jeanettespace
09-14-15, 03:34 PM
Same problem on my kindle fire. Game won't open. It stops and closes before opening. What to do ?

ladybugrentals
09-19-15, 08:28 AM
Ditto still........

Gypsy_Cat
09-21-15, 12:44 PM
23 days and still no help from support :mad:

DragonsManor
09-21-15, 04:36 PM
I'm going on 3+ weeks without being able to play. I have a Kindle HD (3rd Generation). I've submitted several tickets and keep being told that my issue has been solved when it has NOT been. The latest ticket hasn't been responded to for several days. My husband can't even visit my islands. It closes his game when he tries. Ironically, if he tries to visit Stormie's Park, it closes his game as well. I wish they'd get this fixed once and for all. I miss my dragons too and it looks like we're missing opportunities to collect gold and breed new dragons. Very frustrating!

ladybugrentals
09-21-15, 04:57 PM
Let me guess.....they told you to
Uninstall
Reinstall
Close all apps
And your NEW device may not meet requirements to play.
However they are not able to give requirements.

I too have not had a day to play and cannot spin wheel.
So sad

tuffyjkitten
09-24-15, 10:20 AM
I wish they would address this issue rather than keep bringing out new events that we can't participate in. I missed the tournament and the spin wheel and now apparently a new Dragon Tales that starts tomorrow. This is beyond ridiculous at this point. When SO MANY people on different devices and in different countries CANT OPEN THE GAME it's obviously due to their programming and the burden to find a workaround should NOT be on us.

Gypsy_Cat
09-29-15, 05:38 AM
I am SO ANGRY :mad:

After not being able to play for over a month, my support ticket has been marked "resolved"!! They won't tell me what the problem is or give me any info as to what's being done (or in this case, probably NOT being done).

I have played this game for over 3 years and never had something like this happen before. I'm so sad & mad that support just won't help me.

[S8] Elsa
09-29-15, 09:58 AM
I am SO ANGRY :mad:

After not being able to play for over a month, my support ticket has been marked "resolved"!! They won't tell me what the problem is or give me any info as to what's being done (or in this case, probably NOT being done).

I have played this game for over 3 years and never had something like this happen before. I'm so sad & mad that support just won't help me.

Can you check your junk mail/spam folder? Sometimes responses get flagged by email clients. If you don't find the response, please message me your ticket number.

Gypsy_Cat
09-29-15, 10:43 AM
Elsa;1181743']Can you check your junk mail/spam folder? Sometimes responses get flagged by email clients. If you don't find the response, please message me your ticket number.

Thank you so much! I have checked my spam folder and there was nothing from S8/TL. I did actually get an email in my inbox but that was a notice that my issue had been marked 'resolved' which of course it isn't. I just sent you the ticket numbers by PM. I really appreciate your response.

ladybugrentals
10-02-15, 04:32 PM
Ditto.....they say resolved.....maybe on TL end but not mine. Very frustrating anytime mostly so during challenge

Gypsy_Cat
10-04-15, 05:33 PM
I did a factory reset on my device but couldn't do a transfer with any of the games suggested in the transfer thread due to unavailability or because they were not accepting new players (?????). I was able to download and open Dragon Story but it started with a new game so I did another factory reset. Now I cannot open ANY of my games! Kindle doesn't have the log in option so I am totally screwed! I am desperate for help. I did respond to the latest support email I received with this info. I am so sad because I'm going to have spoiled food and expired orders all over the place!

Gypsy_Cat
10-06-15, 05:28 AM
So good news, bad news. Support was able to get all my games back on my device after I did a factory reset (good news) but Dragon Story still will not open (bad news). So basically all of that stress I went through was for nothing :(

sylvansnake25
10-07-15, 01:45 AM
It's a problem with the new version. I've noticed it on Android too. I believe it has to do with the new "optimizations" they made in this version. I guess it runs better on new hardware and new phones, but it crashes on old devices. My suggestion is to uninstall version 2.2.2.1 and go back to 2.2.1 until it gets resolved.

Gypsy_Cat
10-08-15, 10:53 AM
It's a problem with the new version. I've noticed it on Android too. I believe it has to do with the new "optimizations" they made in this version. I guess it runs better on new hardware and new phones, but it crashes on old devices. My suggestion is to uninstall version 2.2.2.1 and go back to 2.2.1 until it gets resolved.

Thanks but that's not an option for me. In the Kindle app store, there is only one version of DS available for download. I even checked my cloud for older versions, but none are there either :(

Gypsy_Cat
10-30-15, 08:40 AM
Two months since I started this thread and still can't open my game. No real answers from support either. This is sickening :mad:

DragonsManor
10-31-15, 06:45 PM
I am also still not able to play. They opened and closed my tickets telling me repeatedly that they were resolved. No new updates have come through to fix the issue. I'm truly disappointed in support. I'm convinced that they are lying to us and that they are not even attempting to fix this.

hiabarara
11-22-15, 06:52 AM
I'm updating/pushing this thread because it's still a problem.

Since the newest update I simply can't open the standard version. A couple seconds of the loading screen and then it simply crashes without any notice, error etc. The seasonal version works fine for now, but that only seems like a workaround.

I would like to send a mail to the support, but they're still working on another problem I have (can't access the page where you buy gold) and I get all the standard replies anyway. Absolutely not helpful at all.

belgarion66
11-22-15, 07:13 AM
I am also having issues with visiting my neighbors. Every time I try my game crashes. It even crashes when I visit my wall to post something. At this point this game is more frustrating than fun. I'm thinking of finding something else to play that will be enjoyable. This is a shame as I like the game.