PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours' Gold Gifts bug?

DeeDe99
08-30-15, 01:14 AM
As I am excluded from the TL Bugs Forum link in the Sticky, I'm reporting it here.

I think there may be a problem with the Android gold gifting.

Here are the answers to Storm8's reporting questions:

1) Storm8 ID - DeeDe99
2) Device type - Samsung Galaxy S 6 Android
3) Device OS - Android 5.0.2
4) What happens - When I first sign into Dragon Story at 5 pm my time (Australian Eastern Standard Time) which is clearly Storm8's "start of new day", the following happens:

I am presented with the "Messages" dialogue, with a listing of neighbours who have gifted gold, with a "Gift Back" button and a "Use" button, but the "Use" button is always inactive.

I press "Gift Back" and only sometimes will it actually appear to send, but in any case I never get any Gold and I thought I was supposed to be able to receive.

I can not initiate sending any gold to anyone - only when they first became a neighbour. The "Gift" button on the neighbour list is always inactive.

5) Sorry, no screenshots at this time. Will try to get tomorrow.

PS - Unrelated but noticed another thread - I don't mind "Stormie" as a neighbour - seems quiet an unassuming and the islands are pretty to look at.

DeeDe99
08-30-15, 01:30 AM
Interestingly, when I logged in a second time, I got the same gift message (different neighbour than the earlier messages), but the buttons were Decline and Accept, both active, and when I accepted the increase in gold did happen.

Is this a "clash" between iOS and Android player versions?

DeeDe99
08-31-15, 12:33 AM
August 31 17:08 hours Australian Eastern Standard Time I captured these screen shots of exactly what is happening.

This is the message I first receive - when I click "Gift Back", I am taken to a list of all my Neighbours, where I can check boxes beside their names to send them Gold (as it seems I'm not allowed to use it!). I am sory, I missed taking a shot of that screen.

When I check the third tick box, I get this message:

When I click "Continue", I am presented with this:

and then I am back to the original messages screen with new names, but notice the time the messages were sent - I think they are accumulating because I can't seem to action them.

DeeDe99
08-31-15, 01:30 AM
And the plot thickens - having logged out after capturing the above screen shots, when I logged back in, I was presented with the following screen which worked.

Note the User ID of the person sending the gift is the same as the previous error.

I accepted and my gold count increased.

I cannot initiate sending gold though

DeeDe99
09-02-15, 03:11 AM
I'm starting to think this may have more to do with time differences than Android/iOS versions.

The reason I am starting to think this is because the World Event arrived late on my device and now so has the Value Pack - well actually, it still hasn't arrived at all. Not that I want it particularly, but I am interested in the possible programming issues.

DeeDe99
09-08-15, 01:18 PM
Strangely, this issue briefly disappeared when I switched to iOS, however it is still spasmodic.

Of course, from an IT perspective, anything spasmodic is hard to replicate, therefore root cause analysis well nigh impossible.

I've figured out a sort of work around, so can usually send gold, but would love to help solve it if it ever becomes a more widespread issue.