PDA

View Full Version : Switching between Android and iOS devices

DeeDe99
08-29-15, 10:51 PM
Many of you, I am sure, will know the answer to my questions. I wrote to Storm* support, but they have a bit of a backlog of support tickets, according to the response email.

Other newbies may also be interested in the answers, so thought I'd post my question here (and will post the official answer when I receive it). The questions below assume the player has a Storm8 ID.

I started playing on my Samsung Android Galaxy S6 but the screen is really too small, so as I need a tablet anyway, I thought I'd get an iPad. Then I started questioning the logic of that suggestion.

1) As the iOS and Android versions are different, is it possible to change platforms from Android to iOS and retain the progress to date? It seems from what I read that iOS is more advanced than the Android version, so perhaps players can go from Android to iOS using the device transfer function, but perhaps not from iOS to Android without losing something, for example dragon levels - would a 15 on iOS become a 10 on Android, although going from Android to iOS wouldn't/shouldn't be a problem? I may have to stick with getting an Android tablet, depending on the answer I get from users here or Storm8.

2) Can Dragon Story (or other games I suppose, but my interest is Dragon Story) be played on different devices at different times. That is, can I play on the tablet at home, but perhaps pop in to the game on my phone at lunch time to collect coins, then progress on my tablet the next day.

I also had a question about upgrades, but I think the above is enough for now!

cdreams1980
08-30-15, 06:36 AM
I came on here to ask the same question. I'm inheriting an iPad, but started playing on my phone which is an S5. I look forward to hearing what others say.

Paleon
08-30-15, 11:21 AM
Hello! I've actually switched platforms, and the transition was pretty smooth for me.

Switching from Android to iOS shouldn't be an issue, I don't know of anything you'll lose aside from the Mammoth & Nymph Dragons. The game's servers will retain your progress, and once you log back in, it should be as you left it.

Going from iOS to Android should be just about as simple; Android does have level 15 dragons, the update's just not popular, as it's having issues with lag.

Not quite sure on your second question, as I've never done it myself, or seen much of it mentioned around here. It might cause a sync issue between them, but completely closing the app itself should help that.

Xyn25
08-30-15, 01:24 PM
Hello! I've actually switched platforms, and the transition was pretty smooth for me.

Switching from Android to iOS shouldn't be an issue, I don't know of anything you'll lose aside from the Mammoth & Nymph Dragons. The game's servers will retain your progress, and once you log back in, it should be as you left it.

Going from iOS to Android should be just about as simple; Android does have level 15 dragons, the update's just not popular, as it's having issues with lag.

Not quite sure on your second question, as I've never done it myself, or seen much of it mentioned around here. It might cause a sync issue between them, but completely closing the app itself should help that.

Are you sure about Android being able to evolve to level 15? I have the latest DS version installed on my Android phone but I don't see the Noble Crystal in the market... I'd love it if I could evolve my dragons further

Paleon
08-30-15, 01:38 PM
Are you sure about Android being able to evolve to level 15? I have the latest DS version installed on my Android phone but I don't see the Noble Crystal in the market... I'd love it if I could evolve my dragons further

The last time I checked the Nobel Crystal was there, and the Prime Dragons were in the market. Are you using Country Picnic? The update was put on the original Dragon Story app.

ndtrance
08-30-15, 01:47 PM
Yes we can evolve to lv15 and get prime dragons on the latest Android update. And I think only the ability to breed nymph and mammoth will go away when switching to IOS. If you have the dragons already they shouldn't go away.

Paleon
08-30-15, 01:56 PM
Yes we can evolve to lv15 and get prime dragons on the latest Android update. And I think only the ability to breed nymph and mammoth will go away when switching to IOS. If you have the dragons already they shouldn't go away.

Oh, of course, I suppose I wasn't specific enough, now that I've re-read my own sentence. But yes, they should only disappear from your market.

kooky panda
08-30-15, 02:36 PM
Many of you, I am sure, will know the answer to my questions. I wrote to Storm* support, but they have a bit of a backlog of support tickets, according to the response email.

Other newbies may also be interested in the answers, so thought I'd post my question here (and will post the official answer when I receive it). The questions below assume the player has a Storm8 ID.

I started playing on my Samsung Android Galaxy S6 but the screen is really too small, so as I need a tablet anyway, I thought I'd get an iPad. Then I started questioning the logic of that suggestion.

1) As the iOS and Android versions are different, is it possible to change platforms from Android to iOS and retain the progress to date? It seems from what I read that iOS is more advanced than the Android version, so perhaps players can go from Android to iOS using the device transfer function, but perhaps not from iOS to Android without losing something, for example dragon levels - would a 15 on iOS become a 10 on Android, although going from Android to iOS wouldn't/shouldn't be a problem? I may have to stick with getting an Android tablet, depending on the answer I get from users here or Storm8.

2) Can Dragon Story (or other games I suppose, but my interest is Dragon Story) be played on different devices at different times. That is, can I play on the tablet at home, but perhaps pop in to the game on my phone at lunch time to collect coins, then progress on my tablet the next day.

I also had a question about upgrades, but I think the above is enough for now!
You can switch platforms and keep the progress on your game. The main difference you will encounter is if IOS has a building or feature that androids do not yet have, you will be able to use it on IOS device, but it will only be a decoration on your android device and you will not be able to access the feature.

Xyn25
08-30-15, 03:30 PM
The last time I checked the Nobel Crystal was there, and the Prime Dragons were in the market. Are you using Country Picnic? The update was put on the original Dragon Story app.

I'm using Country Picnic. I'm updating the original DS app now. Thanks a lot! :)

Kennedward
08-30-15, 04:28 PM
I always switch between both just for fun, it's a game afterall, it's all about having fun playing :D

DeeDe99
08-30-15, 04:31 PM
Thank you all for your replies! I think I'll get an iPad.

DeeDe99
09-01-15, 08:55 PM
Just ordered an iPad - so will let those interested know what happens.

Can't say I was impressed with Storm 8's response to my questions, I received a canned response that did not specifically address my questions as outlined in my email, but we'll see what happens I guess.

DeeDe99
09-06-15, 10:06 PM
Successfully switched to the iPad, with one small stray notification icon floating around. But essentially, all went well.

On the PLUS side I got a whole lot of rewards from the Album feature, including two dragons, some food and some coins. All very unexpected and welcome. Could have done with a free habitat or two, but really, I can't complain.

Is there a way to set the zoom? It keeps opening zoomed right in, I'd prefer a less magnified default setting.

19sparkles96
09-09-15, 06:24 PM
It's a good idea to check your Android version periodically as you can score 30 free gold for installing games that Teamlava promotes. They're usually versions of Bakery story and such. And when the Time Travel event was on IOS but not on Android, the Android DS had a free spin event with chances to get the time travel dragons. That's how I scored a second Portal dragon.

Kennedward
09-09-15, 07:13 PM
Agreed, that's what I do

DeeDe99
09-09-15, 07:32 PM
Thanks both of you - I'll do so! :)