PDA

View Full Version : Where is my merengue in the Alaskan Quest?

mmarquez9
08-29-15, 08:20 PM
I just finished the Alaskan Cruise quest. I am all set to cook my Baked Alaska, but the merengue can't be found in any of the shops. Anyone else?

nmishii
08-29-15, 09:09 PM
You need to wait for Sesi the park ranger to eat at your restaurant. She will drop meringue when tapped. I'm not sure how often she visits now. They changed the rate a couple of hours ago.

kellynicholehall
08-29-15, 09:15 PM
My merignue showed up as a constant in my grocery as a repeating pick up...but thats useless to me bc I finished the cruise but the recipe is a no show even after unlocking it with the ranger...

mmarquez9
08-29-15, 09:15 PM
That makes sense! Thank you!!

jess4898
08-30-15, 05:14 PM
I wish I would have stocked up on the meringue when it was in my general store. Had I known it would disappear I would have. Waiting for the ranger to drop some makes it virtually impossible to bake. If you have the celebration stove you should be able to cook the baked alaska if you have unlocked it.

fatbearsecondary
08-31-15, 05:30 AM
This is a common misunderstanding with cruise event prizes. The final prize, Sesi, comes to your restaurant forever. She is not a quick reward where you instantly get a bunch of gems. She is a slow, constant source of gems. You're not mean to be making the cake and getting gem rewards every 12 hours or every day. But you get to make several a week, forever. That means you get a constant source of gems for as long as you play the game... and there is no constant source of gems in the game, other than the cruise visitors. This is the ONLY way to earn gems indefinitely.

If you're unsatisfied with that, then that's one thing. You can decide that you don't want to try to finish cruises in the future. But that's the way all of these have worked so far - a slow but steady source, such that I'm not surprised you haven't made one 12 hours after completing the event. So you can decide if that's something you want to pursue in the future.

hope this helps you understand the event, jess.