PDA

View Full Version : Spin the wheel is here!

ogreve
08-28-15, 11:43 AM
23271 23272

The Spin to Win feature has just been released!
There are some 5 animals that can be won (Steam Trunk, Rumblebee, Bulldog, Chimpala and a new one, being the Hummingburn) and also other goodies like gems, food and realm runes.
On my first spin of course I got 25,000 coins. Not very useful to me.. Further spins can be had for 30 gems a go.
The wheel lasts for 7 days.

Just to see if I'd get luckier by buying a spin and having made 60 gems already today from the Cupcake Mania game, I tried it once more. I sure hope it's not rigged but I again got 25,000 coins in a very odd way; the pointer ended on the Chimpala, yet the prize that was given was again 25,000 coins?! That was really disappointing and fishy or a glitch.
Seeing others getting all sort of animals, I gave it one more go and got the Bulldog! Awesome!

I'd like to see what everyone gets, so as to have an idea of what the odds are. I'll list my results here:

#01: 25,000 coins
#02: 25,000 coins [Paid spin - should have been the Chimpala]
#03: Bulldog! [Paid spin]
#04: 1500 food
#05: 3 realm runes
#06: 75,000 coins
#07: 3 realm runes
#08: 75,000 coins
#09: 25,000 coins [Totally crooked spin: it made a full stop on the Bulldog, then spun again and gave 25,000 coins]
#10: 10 gems [Paid spin]
#11: 25,000 coins [Paid spin]
#12: 6,000 food [Paid spin]
#13: 25,000 coins

Well, I just had my 7th free spin (which is spin number 9 in the list above), and it went in the absolutely uttermost crooked way possible: the wheel spun normally, then it stopped (as in: made a FULL stop!) on the Bulldog, and then it spun again and landed on... 25,000 coins! :(
As this was my 7th spin, despite the badge saying "2 days left" I figured now would be a good time to have a little test of character of the paid spins. As mentioned previously I *HAD* especially bought 250 gems earlier for having paid spins. I decided to test the outcomes of up to three spins. The results were: equally unimpressive. This is the end of the line for me in terms of making paid spins. No more gems shall be spent on this feature. Thanks for the free stuff from the free spins, but the wheel is too crooked for my likings to continue spending gems on it.

mrhammy48
08-28-15, 11:45 AM
On my first spin I won the steam trunk which I didn't have. Yay! I'm not usually this lucky.

calvinxx
08-28-15, 11:49 AM
Ok I spun about 15 times. Won lots of coins and apples, the 3 realm runes, coins, two Rumblebees which I already had. AND THEN I GOT THE HUMMINGBURN

SummerNightSky
08-28-15, 11:51 AM
My results (free spins):
1. Bulldog
2. 3 Realm Runes
3. Rumblebee
4. 10 Gems
5. 1500 food
6. 75,000 coins
7. 3 Realm Runes
8. 6000 food

As of now, I don't have any plans to buy spins. If I were to buy a spin or two, it'd be after my other six free spins have been used up. It'd also depend on what I'd gotten with my free spins. Of Chimpala, Steam Trunk, Rumblebee, and Hummingburn, Hummingburn and Rumblebee are my favorites (not that I'd be anything other than happy to get any of them).

Best of luck everyone! I hope you all get at least one thing you want!

Despite saying I wouldn't, I've purchased a total of 7 spins (210 gems :eek:) and got (in no particular order): 2 Rumblebee, 1 Chimpala, 1500 food, 6000 food, 3 realm runes, and 25,000 coins

Note to self: Extra spins aren't worth 30 gems. There's no telling how many extra spins (and therefore gems) would be required to get something desired.

Sandybellee
I want the Rumblebee!!! Steam Trunk would be great too and of course the Hummingburn. These are all new animals to me. Good luck, everyone!

1) 25 000 coins
2) Chimpala (bought spin)
3) 25 000 coins
4) Chimpala (bought spin)
5) Chimpala
6) 25 000 coins
7) 3 runes
8) 25 000 coins
9) 6000 apples (this is a good amount of food!)
10) 6000 apples (quite pleased with these although it's not an animal)

Ok, the 25 000 coins was a big disappointment so decided to buy one extra spin and got the Chimpala! Well worth 30 gems.

Day 2: Come on - what is this, Groundhog Day?!

Ok, so only one animal this time around, although that is to be expected. At least it's one I didn't have before and it's quite lovely in epic form. Very pleased with the 12 000 apples too! :)

SummerNightSky
Ok I spun about 15 times. Won lots of coins and apples, the 3 realm runes, coins, two Rumblebees which I already had. AND THEN I GOT THE HUMMINGBURN
Why not wait until the 7th day to do extra spins? For all you know, you could have gotten the Hummingburn on a free spin.

ninasidstorm8
08-28-15, 11:54 AM
I am disappointed that none of the old animals are ones that I am missing. I hope we get another way to get the new Humingburn. Bulldog, Runmblebee and Steamtrunk were tournament animals. Chimpla was a limited animal.

Good Luck to everyone.

Spin 1: Steamtrunk
Spin 2: 75,000 coins
Spin 3: Chimpala
Spin 4: 3 Realm Runes
Spin 5: 1,500 Food
Spin 6: 25,000 coins
Spin 7: Humingburn
Spin 8: 75,000 coins

Got the Humingburn which is the only one I didn't have, so I am happy. Would have liked some gems bot pretty successful overall.

placebo16
08-28-15, 11:56 AM
I also just won the Steam Trunk on my first try on my secondary account!! Like you, I also didn't have it, as I wasn't playing the game at the time. Congratulations, calvinxx, on winning the Hummingburn!! That critter looks awesome! Olafo, I hope that you have better luck on your consequent spins. On my main account, I just "won" three rune realms. Meh, I hope that my luck on this account increases soon....Good luck everyone!! :)

Hawksmoor
08-28-15, 11:57 AM
I'm not able to check my game until later this evening...is this particular spin to win available for a limited time? If so, how long do we have? thanks!

31aug2002
08-28-15, 11:57 AM
1st spin= 1500 food:(
2. = 1500 food again :( with the kind of luck I am having I don't thin I will get anything worthwhile :(

SummerNightSky
08-28-15, 11:58 AM
I'm not able to check my game until later this evening...is this particular spin to win available for a limited time? If so, how long do we have? thanks!
7 days, you get one free spin per day.

31aug2002
08-28-15, 11:59 AM
The spin the wheel feature had been released!

Just to see if I'd get luckier by buying a spin and having made 60 gems already today from the Cupcake Mania game, I tried it once more. I sure hope it's not rigged but I again got 25,000 coins. That was really disappointing. Seeing others getting all sort of animals, I gave it one more go and got the Bulldog! Awesome!

I'd like to see what everyone gets, so as to have an idea of what the odds are. I'll list my results here:

#1: 25,000 coins
#2: 25,000 coins
#3: Bulldog!
Is the cupcake mania a featured game ... It doesn't show up in my FFS game

RowanaFarrin
08-28-15, 12:00 PM
Neat! I don't have any of these animals! Pity I don't have many spare gems though. Good luck everyone!

First Spin: 1500 food

Hawksmoor
08-28-15, 12:00 PM
7 days, you get one free spin per day.

Thank you!

calvinxx
08-28-15, 12:05 PM
Why not wait until the 7th day to do extra spins? For all you know, you could have gotten the Hummingburn on a free spin.

I watched a documentary on hummingbirds this morning and was literally going to post on the forum about how there should be a hummingbird creature and then this came out!!! I just got really excited and wanted to win it right away 😆 lol

Also I don't have the Bulldog, Steamtrunk, or Chimpala so I was really hoping I would get one of those. And I still have 7 days to try for them so I'm happy :)

cheetahblood
08-28-15, 12:05 PM
I got the hummingburn on my first spin!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it but it's true! Egg is on my nest now, takes 19 hrs.

cardinalpsy
08-28-15, 12:07 PM
Got the hummingburn.:) Hatching time 19 hrs. I'm happy to see that I'll get the chance to win 3 animals that I don't have: bulldog, steam trunk and chimpala.

SummerNightSky
08-28-15, 12:17 PM
I watched a documentary on hummingbirds this morning and was literally going to post on the forum about how there should be a hummingbird creature and then this came out!!! I just got really excited and wanted to win it right away �� lol

Also I don't have the Bulldog, Steamtrunk, or Chimpala so I was really hoping I would get one of those. And I still have 7 days to try for them so I'm happy :)
Haha, I love hummingbirds too. We have some plants that they love to feed from, plus some hummingbird feeders, and it's funny to see them fighting over them. There was one that liked to dive bomb one of our cats as well: it was hilarious. Also, sorry if my comment came off as rude at all.

Congratulations on your Hummingburn! And best of luck towards getting the Bulldog, Steamtrunk, and Chimpala :D

SummerNightSky
08-28-15, 12:20 PM
Is the cupcake mania a featured game ... It doesn't show up in my FFS game
Yes, it's a featured game. I'm playing the Animal Story: Beach Adventure version; I"m not sure which version ogreve is playing. Sometimes these featured games can take a bit to pop up.

Clark_Wayne
08-28-15, 12:23 PM
ok now it is like a Dragon Story #2 ! LOL
1st spin hummingburn ! yeah !

ogreve
08-28-15, 12:24 PM
I just checked my screen shots and there's something fishy (which I noticed when making the second spin): it looked like it stopped on the Chimpala and then gave 25,000 coins.
The screenshots seem to corroborate this: on the screenshot of the first and third spin you see the correct prizes in the background but for that of the second spin you can clearly see the Chimpala in the background. I'm going to ask this to support. I'll add the screenshots later (as I don't see a way to do this from my phone).
In the meantime: can you all check if you always see the wheel's pointer on the right prize in the background when you are presented with th screen that shows your prize?

UPDATE: I added the screenshots. For those who can check (using screenshots, or when making new turns), can you please verify if you always see the proper prize that was won at the top of the wheel in the background, with the pointer on it? Check the three screenshots I added to see what I mean. On my second go I really think it glitched and incorrectly gave me the same prize as on the first spin, while in reality it landed on the Chimpala! At first I thought it was rigged, but now I think it was just a glitch. I'll contact support about this, but I hope others can tell me if they always see the same prize selected in the background as well as in the foreground. Note that the second screenshot is that of the glitch situation.

@Elsa / TL: Can you please verify this? Meanwhile I'll try support too. Thanks!

23268 23269 23270

LonePudding
08-28-15, 12:27 PM
I wasn't using my wifi for my first spin, so it span forever and then told me to try again later.
Got home, using wifi now, spinner says "spin again in 21:59:59" :( oh well, 6 spins left

SummerNightSky
08-28-15, 12:36 PM
I wasn't using my wifi for my first spin, so it span forever and then told me to try again later.
Got home, using wifi now, spinner says "spin again in 21:59:59" :( oh well, 6 spins left
Oh no :( Maybe send in something to support? You shouldn't be penalized for it glitching.

Clark_Wayne
08-28-15, 12:59 PM
Oh no :( Maybe send in something to support? You shouldn't be penalized for it glitching.

no they won't because by the time they answer the spin wheel will be over :D

TL4me
08-28-15, 01:08 PM
First spin got the Hummimgburn.

forestwald
08-28-15, 01:21 PM
I got 6000 apples for the first spin. Hoping for the hummingbird as I have all the other animals.

LonePudding
08-28-15, 01:22 PM

I wish I could, but support hasn't been very fast these days. The storybook adventure left me completely gemless so no speeding here :( Best of luck with your spins though :)

LonePudding
08-28-15, 01:23 PM
no they won't because by the time they answer the spin wheel will be over :D

Haha, so true!

ogreve
08-28-15, 01:29 PM
To all: can you please read my post nr. 21 and check if it looks like this for you too?

This is the post: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84305-Spin-the-wheel-is-here!&p=1164941&viewfull=1#post1164941

I'm pretty darn sure the game glitched on my second spin and gave me the 25,000 coins whereas it should have given me the Chimpala instead. At this very moment I'm emailing this to support too, but I'd like to know for a fact that the prize shown in the background always corresponds to that shown in the foreground.

Thanks!

ninasidstorm8
08-28-15, 01:39 PM
One thing to note on the Spin to Win is that it uses a 22 hour day for the free spin. I recommend that you use that fact to pull ahead the time of the spin each day if you can, so that you don't have any problems tuning out of time the last day.

kuppikahvia
08-28-15, 01:41 PM
1st spin= 1500 food:(

Same here :-/
I will wait for the last day to buy extra spins, only if I don't get at least one animal, since all of them would be new for me except the Rumblebee.

Hawksmoor
08-28-15, 01:48 PM
Hi, one more question. If you win an animal does it go in your storage, or do you have to place in your nest right away?

SummerNightSky
08-28-15, 01:48 PM
Hi, one more question. If you win an animal does it go in your storage, or do you have to place in your nest right away?
Goes to your storage :)

I wish I could, but support hasn't been very fast these days. The storybook adventure left me completely gemless so no speeding here :( Best of luck with your spins though :)
Thanks, best of luck with your spins too! :D Hope your next one makes up for the failed first one!

@ogreve:
I see what you mean about your second spin. Very odd. I'll make sure to pay attention to what's in the background during my future spins!

tuffyjkitten
08-28-15, 02:00 PM
I got 1500 food on my spin. I have all the animals except the Hummingburn so I won't be buying spins. They generally aren't worth the price, based on DS spin wheel results.

Hawksmoor
08-28-15, 02:02 PM
I guess there are no new expansions with this update :-(

Hawksmoor
08-28-15, 02:03 PM
Goes to your storage :)

Thanks again!

tuffyjkitten
08-28-15, 02:03 PM
To all: can you please read my post nr. 21 and check if it looks like this for you too?

I'm pretty darn sure the game glitched on my second spin and gave me the 25,000 coins whereas it should have given me the Chimpala instead. At this very moment I'm emailing this to support too, but I'd like to know for a fact that the prize shown in the background always corresponds to that shown in the foreground.

Thanks!

I agree, the spinner is on the inside edge of the Chimpala area.

bentleyboy01
08-28-15, 02:10 PM
Wow, hummingburn on my 1st spin, never been lucky in this game before, so i'm super happy :)

sweetdeda
08-28-15, 02:13 PM
Spin 1: 3 Runes

Hawksmoor
08-28-15, 03:53 PM
Spin 1: 1500 food

Hawksmoor
08-28-15, 04:01 PM
I just checked my screen shots and there's something fishy (which I noticed when making the second spin): it looked like it stopped on the Chimpala and then gave 25,000 coins.
The screenshots seem to corroborate this: on the screenshot of the first and third spin you see the correct prizes in the background but for that of the second spin you can clearly see the Chimpala in the background. I'm going to ask this to support. I'll add the screenshots later (as I don't see a way to do this from my phone).
In the meantime: can you all check if you always see the wheel's pointer on the right prize in the background when you are presented with th screen that shows your prize?

UPDATE: I added the screenshots. For those who can check (using screenshots, or when making new turns), can you please verify if you always see the proper prize that was won at the top of the wheel in the background, with the pointer on it? Check the three screenshots I added to see what I mean. On my second go I really think it glitched and incorrectly gave me the same prize as on the first spin, while in reality it landed on the Chimpala!

23268 23269 23270

Your screenshots definitely show that the pointer was close to the line but more on the Chimpala's slot. You were nowhere near the $25,000 coins slot. I hope you get a positive reply from support. Screenshots should be everyone's best friend ;-) I always take screenshots now too, it's pretty irrefutable proof and got me out of a scrape with the game a while ago. My first spin awarded me 1500 apples, which was where the pointer landed. I took a pic but can't upload it for some reason...funny. Anyway, good luck and keep us posted!

Lisa0107
08-28-15, 04:05 PM
I got 1500 apples on my spin. No gem spending for me. Storybook wiped me out. Hoping for chimpala and hummingburn. I have all the other animals. Good luck everyone!

HappyHeartBakery
08-28-15, 04:06 PM
This could be fun for me. I don't have any of these animals.

Took my day 1 spin. Got the Chimpala;). He's waiting in storage for an open nest

2: food
3. another Chimpala:)

rjazz
08-28-15, 04:17 PM
First spin Humingburd. I don't have the chimpala it's one I'm missing many I'll spin it!

oo56
08-28-15, 04:42 PM
First Spin: Hummingburn Yay!:D This animal is one of the prettiest animals FFS has released and I really wanted it! So psyched I got it on my 1st try! This might the happiest moment ever in FFS!:o I don't have any of the animals except for the Chimpala! I hope I can a few more of these animals (Rumblebee)!:D

Lenkapon
08-28-15, 04:59 PM
I got Hummingburn on my 1st free try.

zena1818
08-28-15, 06:32 PM
I got 1,500 food then my son hit the button and I got the rumblebee so I can't be to mad at him figures my kid gets the animal lol.

zena1818
08-28-15, 06:38 PM
I got 1500 apples on my spin. No gem spending for me. Storybook wiped me out. Hoping for chimpala and hummingburn. I have all the other animals. Good luck everyone!

If ur good at games like bejeweled then u should try playing the subjected games they throw at you. After each they have u place either a decor or a stone path it will either reward u 15 or 30 gems depending on with u get. For installing and playing cupcake mania today I got 30 gems then I made it to level 12 which is the next goal for the game with gave me 15 gems. The goal after that is getting to level 30 which may give me problems I made it to level 28 in Hungary baby mania and it took me a week to beat that level. I usely get to level 11 in those games before even getting close to losing life's. After the quest are complete I usely get rid of the game bc I usely don't have space for them all.

sweetdeda
08-28-15, 06:53 PM
One thing to note on the Spin to Win is that it uses a 22 hour day for the free spin. I recommend that you use that fact to pull ahead the time of the spin each day if you can, so that you don't have any problems tuning out of time the last day.
So what you are saying is that if I use a free spin that timer start over at 22 hours?

LonePudding
08-28-15, 06:57 PM
So what you are saying is that if I use a free spin that timer start over at 22 hours?

You have to wait 22 hours between each spin. If you pay for a spin at anytime throughout those 22 hours, the timer resets and you wait another 22 hours after your spin.

ninasidstorm8
08-28-15, 06:58 PM

Yes, but the spins are only available for 7 days from the time the update was releases. It's the way S8 gives you a chance to spin for free 7 times.

LonePudding
08-28-15, 06:59 PM
I'd really like the Steamtrunk because I failed miserably in both the Steamtrunk AND Patriotter tournaments :rolleyes: But with my DS experience with the spin-to-lose, I know not to get my hopes up. I'd also quite like the rune prize :)

sweetdeda
08-28-15, 06:59 PM
You have to wait 22 hours between each spin. If you pay for a spin at anytime throughout those 22 hours, the timer resets and you wait another 22 hours after your spin.

Thanks for explaining LonePudding. I think I will wait it out. Just hard to resist since my first prize was so unimpressive.

freesiawoods
08-28-15, 07:07 PM
Oh my, I have four accounts though I only play on one. Gave them each a spin though, and I got gems, a bulldog, a hummingburn and a steamtrunk!!

NannaSherry
08-28-15, 07:55 PM
Well my first spin yielded me the least thing I need - 25,000 coins. Apples, runes, animals I could use. I'm psyched though because I have NONE of these creatures so I'd be glad to get any. I'm hoping for Mr. Steamtrunk as I wasn't playing when he was available and I dig him. But I'll enjoy whatever. Maybe starting out with coins means I can only get luckier. I wish S8 would make the coins somewhat useful. Or give us options like spend these many gems or you use these many coins, or so many runes or use half the runes but this much coins. Once you get to a certain level the coins don't give you much. Or let us use coins to buy apples or gems.

SPIN #1 - 25,000 coins 
SPIN #2 - 25,000 coins ��
SPIN #3 - BULLDOG!! Yay! FINALLY!! There is a god of fairness.
SPIN #4 - 25,000 coins
SPIN.#5 - 25,000 coins (I give up!)

sweetdeda
08-28-15, 08:07 PM
Yes, but the spins are only available for 7 days from the time the update was releases. It's the way S8 gives you a chance to spin for free 7 times.

Thanks ninaidstorm8, sorry I didn't see your response earlier. :)

calvinxx
08-28-15, 11:12 PM
I put my Hummingburn in the flower and he has an evolution time of 22 hours

Sandybellee
08-28-15, 11:41 PM
Oh my, I have four accounts though I only play on one. Gave them each a spin though, and I got gems, a bulldog, a hummingburn and a steamtrunk!!

Wow! Very lucky, congrats!

31aug2002
08-28-15, 11:49 PM
Yes, it's a featured game. I'm playing the Animal Story: Beach Adventure version; I"m not sure which version ogreve is playing. Sometimes these featured games can take a bit to pop up.
Thanks for the info. I did go to App Store and installed cupsCake. Seems I had already played the game earlier and deleted it.
So may be it won't show up on my game ... BUmmer... Could have done with some free gems.

Sandybellee
08-29-15, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the info. I did go to App Store and installed cupsCake. Seems I had already played the game earlier and deleted it.
So may be it won't show up on my game ... BUmmer... Could have done with some free gems.

I didn't get a goal for it either because I played it last time to a quite high level. Luckily I was finally able to get all 75 gems from Hungry Babies. Hopefully we'll get a new goal game soon.

chippychan
08-29-15, 07:09 AM
Out of all the animals available on the spinner I only have Bulldog so I'd love to get any of the others.

Main Account:
1st Spin = 25,000 coins
2nd Spin = Hummingburn! :D
3rd spin = Heart Meadow
4th Spin = 25,000 coins

Second Account:
1st Spin = Hummingburn! :D
2nd Spin = 25,000 coins
3rd Spin = Chimpala! (another new one for me :) )
4th Spin = 1,500 food

Very happy to have been lucky enough to get the new animal on both accounts. Now I'm crossing my fingers for Steamtrunk.

LadyEna
08-29-15, 08:22 AM
1st spin: 2 Runes
2nd spin: Bulldog
3rd spin: $25,000

calvinxx
08-29-15, 09:51 AM
So I spun 4 times today because I got frustrated.
1st spin: 25000 coins
2nd spin: Another Hummingburn
3rd spin: 25000 coins again...
4th spin: Chimpala!!!

SummerNightSky
08-29-15, 10:07 AM
My results (free spins):
1. Bulldog: Awesome! I didn't have one :D
2. 3 realm runes: With how many are required for later expansions, useful!

As of now, I don't have any plans to buy spins. If I were to buy a spin or two, it'd be after my other six free spins have been used up. It'd also depend on what I'd gotten with my free spins. Of Chimpala, Steam Trunk, Rumblebee, and Hummingburn, Hummingburn and Rumblebee are my favorites (not that I'd be anything other than happy to get any of them).

Best of luck everyone! I hope you all get at least one thing you want!
Pffffffffffffffffffft...I said I wasn't going to buy spins. So what did I do today? I bought spins. :rolleyes: Six of them. :rolleyes: I got (in no particular order): 2 Rumblebee, 1 Chimpala, 1500 food, 3 realm runes, 25000 coins. I noticed a pattern of animal, non-animal, animal, non-animal, animal, non-animal with my spins.

Wish I could gift someone the extra Rumblebee, as I only keep one of each animal in my forest (there's a few exceptions but that's the general rule).

Hope I can get the Hummingburn with my 5 remaining free spins.

At least the spins were purchased with free gems. A similar feature in a Game That Shall Not Be Named caused me to spend a ton of money on the game, which is one of the reasons why I don't buy gems xD

Sandybellee
08-29-15, 10:12 AM
Pffffffffffffffffffft...I said I wasn't going to buy spins. So what did I do today? I bought spins. :rolleyes: Six of them. :rolleyes: I got (in no particular order): 2 Rumblebee, 1 Chimpala, 1500 food, 3 realm runes, 25000 coins.

Wish I could gift someone the extra Rumblebee, as I only keep one of each animal in my forest (there's a few exceptions but that's the general rule).

Hope I can get the Hummingburn with my 5 remaining free spins.

Ha ha! Glad you got some good stuff with your spins! :D I got so frustrated with the wheel that I actually went and sped through my remaining gems for the Mammoth and didn't get it either. Oh well! No more speeding or buying spins for a while for me I guess.

SummerNightSky
08-29-15, 10:23 AM
Ha ha! Glad you got some good stuff with your spins! :D I got so frustrated with the wheel that I actually went and sped through my remaining gems for the Mammoth and didn't get it either. Oh well! No more speeding or buying spins for a while for me I guess.

Thanks! Yeah, the wheel is dangerous, no more buying spins for me (for this wheel at least). I need to restock on gems for the next Storybook Adventure, if they come out with another limited habitat that I like. I have the final 2 goals for Hungry Babies Mania and Cupcake Mania to get though, so that'll help.

I hope you get the Mammoth and the wheel is kinder towards you in the coming days! :)

Sandybellee
08-29-15, 10:42 AM
Thanks! Yeah, the wheel is dangerous, no more buying spins for me (for this wheel at least). I need to restock on gems for the next Storybook Adventure, if they come out with another limited habitat that I like. I have the final 2 goals for Hungry Babies Mania and Cupcake Mania to get though, so that'll help.

I hope you get the Mammoth and the wheel is kinder towards you in the coming days! :)

Thanks! I hope I can get at least one or the other - the Mammoth or the Rumblebee. The wheel certainly is dangerous. I've not bought any extra spins in that other game but here I just can't seem to resist it. I think this whole day has been so frustrating that it was bound to culminate in a crazy gem spree. :p Even now I'm tempted to buy more, but I will not. Actually, I think this can be a good detox for me from gem spending. Ever since I got my Unicorn I've been a lot more trigger happy with spending gems. No more! I need to get some for the next Storybook but otherwise, what will be, will be. Must remember that patience is a virtue. :)

RowanaFarrin
08-29-15, 11:36 AM
Second spin was 6000 food. Four times better than yesterday! XD Hopefully I can get at least one animal by the end of the week. Lots more luck everyone!

Lisa0107
08-29-15, 11:38 AM
Spin 2 is 3 ruins. Pretty happy about that!

ogreve
08-29-15, 12:00 PM
Hmm on today's turn I got 1500 food. Not very useful for me. I currently have a 30% off gem sale of which I don't get many anymore. I'm very, very tempted to stock up on some just in case even though some time ago I had decided by to buy anymore gems for now. I still have 374 gems at this moment but I'd like to keep a healthy reserve. I'm going to think about perhaps buying 250 of them and keep that as a maximum for having up to 8 extra turns on the last day.... Really tempting....

Sandybellee
08-29-15, 12:17 PM
Hmm on today's turn I got 1500 food. Not very useful for me. I currently have a 30% off gem sale of which I don't get many anymore. I'm very, very tempted to stock up on some just in case even though some time ago I had decided by to buy anymore gems for now. I still have 374 gems at this moment but I'd like to keep a healthy reserve. I'm going to think about perhaps buying 250 of them and keep that as a maximum for having up to 8 extra turns on the last day.... Really tempting....

I need to buy gems when I get the next sale, because I have only 5 left now, lol. (But must use them very conservatively!) I don't mind buying gems a couple of times a month because I do have fun playing this game and when you buy 250 gems on sale it's equal to just one cup of (insert brand name here) coffee. If you get sales rarely, I would take the opportunity.

sweetdeda
08-29-15, 12:36 PM
2nd spin 6000 apples.

ogreve
08-29-15, 12:44 PM
I need to buy gems when I get the next sale, because I have only 5 left now, lol. (But must use them very conservatively!) I don't mind buying gems a couple of times a month because I do have fun playing this game and when you buy 250 gems on sale it's equal to just one cup of (insert brand name here) coffee. If you get sales rarely, I would take the opportunity.

Yeah I didn't have to think long about it and just did exactly that: I bought 250 gems. It's more expensive than a cup of coffee for me though (as I don't drink Kopie Luwak) ;)
As for buying gems: I don't mind doing so sometimes if I really like a game but I do keep it in bounds so I don't end up spending a ton on games and also because I like the challenges of breeding the animals with normal odds instead of throwing heaps of gems at it - it's just more of a challenge to me like this. :)
So far since starting FFS I've bought a total of 4x 250 gems. Each time this was done when they were on a 30% sale, so I currently have 28 Euros in this game, which is a lot more than I have for other games as normally I don't buy gems etc. I only ever spent a similar amount on Monster Life and managed to get all animals with it. I love the challenge of it. With the Spin to Win feature it's of course really tempting and as it seems to be raining animals from it, I'm going to make an exception, but.. As late as possible. I'm awaiting support's answer regarding the Chimpala issue too.
I really hope to get the Steamtrunk and Hummingburn too and even the Rumblebee despite it being on my list of "3 ugliest FFS animals" ;)

Lisa0107
08-29-15, 01:33 PM
I have not had a gem sale since Christmas. I hope I get one soon

mmeeccee
08-29-15, 03:30 PM
I have not had a gem sale since Christmas. I hope I get one soon

Funny you mention this. My daughter and I are both playing on our own iPads. My daughter has a gem sale a few times a week but I never get offered a sale. I suspect that if you have bought gems, they won't offer you a sale as often.

calvinxx
08-29-15, 04:25 PM
Funny you mention this. My daughter and I are both playing on our own iPads. My daughter has a gem sale a few times a week but I never get offered a sale. I suspect that if you have bought gems, they won't offer you a sale as often.

This can't be true because I buy gems about once a week and I have a sale almost every single day. Very rarely do I not have a sale

mrhammy48
08-29-15, 04:38 PM
Second spin was the heart flower. If rather have the coins.

Lenkapon
08-29-15, 05:12 PM
#1: Hummingburn
#2: Chimpala
May be I was just too lucky :P

bentleyboy01
08-29-15, 06:21 PM
2 spins now and both the hummingburn, normally not lucky once, and now I have 2, hoping for the chimp too before times up ��

zena1818
08-29-15, 07:38 PM
I just got another rumblebee, oh well atleast I got 2 animals even if it's the same one I'll try again with my son spinning if he gets another rumblebee I'm going to die laughing.

elliejean
08-29-15, 10:30 PM
My 1st spin: rumblebee
My 2nd spin chimpala (didn't have)

Sandybellee
08-30-15, 01:50 AM
This can't be true because I buy gems about once a week and I have a sale almost every single day. Very rarely do I not have a sale

Yes, buying gems doesn't stop the sales from coming. I get sales about once a week. I have noticed though that the more gems I have, the more frequently I get sales. So now that I'm down to almost zero it may well be weeks without a sale.

NannaSherry
08-30-15, 05:50 AM
My 1st spin: rumblebee
My 2nd spin chimpala (didn't have)

Consider yourself (& all the others I see winning this animal and that animal) so very lucky. All I've gotten for 3 days is coins :\ I have to admit I'm not a lucky person at this game. I can never get the breeds when they come out and same goes with this wheel. So if you're striking pay dirt good for you, there's a lot of us collecting useless coinage.

Allixiandra
08-30-15, 06:39 AM
Here are my results:

1. spin = steamtrunk! (yay, I haven't got one yet, so this is great!)
2. spin = 5000 Food ?? ( I am not sure how much it was :rolleyes: but I am disappointed because I bought this spin :(, will never do it again now)
3. spin= 5000 Food ??

And again you could see me looking incredulous, well if you could see me haha! It seems like if we are not all getting the same sale offers!? This is unbelievable and I really would like to have an answer about that from official side. So please TL could you be so friendly, and explain how and why this could be? Thank you in advance.

mrhammy48
08-30-15, 08:09 AM
Second spin was the heart flower. If rather have the coins.

Edit - so far

1. Steam trunk
2. Heart flower
3. 6000 apples

NannaSherry
08-30-15, 08:32 AM
Edit so far:
SPIN #1&2: coins
SPIN #3: BULLDOG YAY! Finally something good.

SummerNightSky
08-30-15, 08:45 AM
Edit so far:
SPIN #1&2: coins
SPIN #3: BULLDOG YAY! Finally something good.
Awesome! Hopefully everyone gets something they want or at the least find useful :)

calvinxx
08-30-15, 08:53 AM
I spun two times today and just got 750000 coins and then 1600 apples

mmeeccee
08-30-15, 09:58 AM

It's true for me, I promise. I have not been offered a gem sale in the last two months. I've been waiting for a sale to buy more and I never get the sale offer.

ogreve
08-30-15, 09:58 AM
My spin of today gave me 3 runes; not very impressive, but definitely much better than coins, decoration or food! :P

mmeeccee
08-30-15, 10:00 AM
Spin # 1 Hummingburn
Spin # 2 Bulldog
Spin #3 Bulldog
Spin # 4 chimpala

RowanaFarrin
08-30-15, 10:04 AM
Spin number 3: Hummingburn! YES! :D (My first two spins were food XD)

31aug2002
08-30-15, 10:31 AM
All I have got is apples and food from the spin.:(
I am still waiting to get my animals..sigh
On a different not the steely woolly mammoth is also being very elusive. ;(

sweetdeda
08-30-15, 10:43 AM
I got hummingburn on my 3rd spin. Feeling lucky I bought a spin, rumblebee! Wow I am so excited. Good luck all!

Lisa0107
08-30-15, 10:55 AM
1st spin was 1500 apples

Spin 2 is 3 ruins. Pretty happy about that!

3rd spin is a chimpala! so excited! I needed him!

NannaSherry
08-30-15, 10:56 AM
All I have got is apples and food from the spin.:(
I am still waiting to get my animals..sigh
On a different not the steely woolly mammoth is also being very elusive. ;(

Yes that steely wooly mammoth is very elusive. I know no one whose bred for him yet. But then it's not supposed to be too easy. When we do get the breed we are trying for, we are very excited. That makes it fun. And I complain about getting coins on the spin wheel, but we are getting free additions at no cost, so I should be happy enough. I'm trying for that wooly guy too.

Sandybellee
08-30-15, 11:31 AM
It's true for me, I promise. I have not been offered a gem sale in the last two months. I've been waiting for a sale to buy more and I never get the sale offer.

The sales should be equal for all. That way it would be much more fair. I hope you get a sale very soon. :)

Sandybellee
08-30-15, 11:49 AM
Chimpala soup, anyone? They seem to be crowding into my forest like Armordillos... I really wish we could trade or donate animals.

31aug2002
08-30-15, 12:17 PM
Chimpala soup, anyone? They seem to be crowding into my forest like Armordillos... I really wish we could trade or donate animals.
Yes I wish there was a way where we could trade or share extra animals we bred .

ogreve
08-30-15, 12:24 PM

Yes, that would be THE feature I'd most like to see added to this game.... At this time I have e.g. 4 Glacial Griffins, 4 Magmacores, 3 Gold Lions and yesterday I had to deny a fourth Ladypug from a spot in a habitat. My forest is feeling the strain of the high 70 rune expansion cost, so I now also at times have to sacrifice repeated super rares. In Farm Story 2 there is a trading post where you can sell and buy useful things; it would be so great if we could do trades with others, but since this is a breeding game, I doubt we'll ever see that happen.

As for the Chimpalas: well, I've got my fingers crossed that support does the right thing and gives me the one I should have gotten on my second spin, and simply takes 25,000 coins (i.e. the wrong prize that was awarded) away... I really hope they quickly view, verify and correct that issue. It's one of the reasons why I'm not yet making further additional spins for gems. I really hope they'll have solved that issue before it's "do or die" time in terms of having a few paid spins on the wheel.

SummerNightSky
08-30-15, 01:19 PM
I got a Rumblebee for my third free spin, so that makes a trio of them in my storage. I wish I could gift two of them to others because otherwise they'll just collect dust there.

I don't think I've ever gotten a gem sale. Do you have to have purchased gems to get a sale? It's probably a good thing that I haven't gotten a sale because then I'd be tempted to buy some. And that has not ended well in the past lol.

It'd be cool if you could earn exclusive animals via something like friendship points, which you'd get by helping out other players. Clicking habitats, clicking crops (increases yield), gifting eggs/decor.

NannaSherry
08-30-15, 01:29 PM

Oh my God, I'm with you! Trading would be a blast or like you say donating a double to someone. Kind of like sending gems. Brilliant!!

Clark_Wayne
08-30-15, 04:26 PM
ok now it is like a Dragon Story #2 ! LOL
1st spin hummingburn ! yeah !
2nd spin : nothing interesting so i don't even remember :)
3rd spin : chimpala ! yeah ! now i got all i want what is next will be extra :)

Clark_Wayne
08-30-15, 04:31 PM

you can dream but they won't do that : because if they do trading for players , nobody will buy gems ;)
in dragon story, people ask for this every month since year(s) and they never did it

kuppikahvia
08-31-15, 12:09 AM
I think I can compete for the worst luck in this wheel thingy:
Spin 1 - 1500 food
Spin 2 - 3 runes
Spin 3 - 3 runes

(yawn)

Sandybellee
08-31-15, 12:18 AM
@ogreve I hope you get your Chimpala! Let us know what happens.

@SummerNightSky I've had sales regurlarly since I started playing. I had them right from the start before ever buying gems. I don't get why the sales seem to be so unevenly distributed. :( But on the positive side, think of the money you've saved. :)

@NannaSherry That would be awesome! I doubt they'll ever give us a feature like that though.

ogreve
08-31-15, 01:08 AM
you can dream but they won't do that : because if they do trading for players , nobody will buy gems ;)
in dragon story, people ask for this every month since year(s) and they never did it

Yes, I didn't want to spell it out so loud, but yes, I'm also quite sure that for that reason they will not do this. At least not on a "big scale". In a way I'm also glad that you can't just trade ANY double away directly as it would take the fun and challenge away from trying for something that's difficult to breed: as long as you'd breed good trading material, eventually you'd end up getting whatever you want/need in a way that's a bit too easy.
I've thought about some more "subtle trading/gifting ways": I have an additional account associated to the iPad that was stolen (and for which I have yet to buy a replacement someday) and there's also an account on my wife's iPhone which I use for experimenting and playing at a lower level (it's close to level 21 now). On both accounts some animals have been obtained that I never managed to get on my main account. It would be great if TL allowed us to interchange animals between accounts of oneself; a thing they can verify using one's creditcard data or perhaps an Apple ID or something like that. If you'd have the option to associate your accounts (maybe paying a small amount) with one another, they could allow us to interchange animals between our own accounts. Surely they'd put a limit on the amount of linked devices; maybe 3, 4 or 5. It would then be possible to move one's own animals between forests. Now, in order to prevent people from doing that all of the time, to e.g. move epic super/ultra rares to a low level forest, make a lot of money, and then move them back, I could also live with a limit of being allowed to only move each animal once to a different forest.

Other alternatives would be to allow players to make one trade per month (to anyone, or to any of one's friends) or something like that. To make it TL's worth while, I could also imagine that you'd only be allowed to make such a trade if you'd pay a modest gem amount to TL, like a maximum of 15 or so. Of course nobody would be eager to pay gems for it, but it would be a way to automatically limiting the amount of trades, and to let TL share in on this too, as they'd otherwise directly veto it away anyway as trading undermines their earning strategy.

Food for thought, but in all fairness I don't think we can expect/ask this of TL without letting them share in on the trade by making a modest gem amount from it.

Now.... let's hope this ever happens and that Drachenia sees something of interest in my forest to trade me one of his Crystal Unicorn herd. ;) ;) ;)

Sandybellee
08-31-15, 01:46 AM
Yes, I didn't want to spell it out so loud, but yes, I'm also quite sure that for that reason they will not do this. At least not on a "big scale". In a way I'm also glad that you can't just trade ANY double away directly as it would take the fun and challenge away from trying for something that's difficult to breed: as long as you'd breed good trading material, eventually you'd end up getting whatever you want/need in a way that's a bit too easy.
I've thought about some more "subtle trading/gifting ways": I have an additional account associated to the iPad that was stolen (and for which I have yet to buy a replacement someday) and there's also an account on my wife's iPhone which I use for experimenting and playing at a lower level (it's close to level 21 now). On both accounts some animals have been obtained that I never managed to get on my main account. It would be great if TL allowed us to interchange animals between accounts of oneself; a thing they can verify using one's creditcard data or perhaps an Apple ID or something like that. If you'd have the option to associate your accounts (maybe paying a small amount) with one another, they could allow us to interchange animals between our own accounts. Surely they'd put a limit on the amount of linked devices; maybe 3, 4 or 5. It would then be possible to move one's own animals between forests. Now, in order to prevent people from doing that all of the time, to e.g. move epic super/ultra rares to a low level forest, make a lot of money, and then move them back, I could also live with a limit of being allowed to only move each animal once to a different forest.

Other alternatives would be to allow players to make one trade per month (to anyone, or to any of one's friends) or something like that. To make it TL's worth while, I could also imagine that you'd only be allowed to make such a trade if you'd pay a modest gem amount to TL, like a maximum of 15 or so. Of course nobody would be eager to pay gems for it, but it would be a way to automatically limiting the amount of trades, and to let TL share in on this too, as they'd otherwise directly veto it away anyway as trading undermines their earning strategy.

Food for thought, but in all fairness I don't think we can expect/ask this of TL without letting them share in on the trade by making a modest gem amount from it.

Now.... let's hope this ever happens and that Drachenia sees something of interest in my forest to trade me one of his Crystal Unicorn herd. ;) ;) ;)

Very good ideas! I also would like to be able to transfer gems between different S8 games. So if I quit playing one of their games, I could transfer the rest of the gems to another game. I have well over 500 gems dusting away in Design Story (earned from goals) that I haven't played for months. Would love to transfer them to FFS.

They could also have a special lucky bag sale a couple of times a year. You could buy a lucky bag for e.g. 50 gems in which you would randomly get an animal from a set selection of retired animals. There could also be one new animal in the pool like there is on the spin wheel. I imagine people could very well buy more than one of these lucky bags since you would be guaranteed to get an animal with your purchase.

31aug2002
08-31-15, 02:21 AM
Very good ideas! I also would like to be able to transfer gems between different S8 games. So if I quit playing one of their games, I could transfer the rest of the gems to another game. I have well over 500 gems dusting away in Design Story (earned from goals) that I haven't played for months. Would love to transfer them to FFS.

They could also have a special lucky bag sale a couple of times a year. You could buy a lucky bag for e.g. 50 gems in which you would randomly get an animal from a set selection of retired animals. There could also be one new animal in the pool like there is on the spin wheel. I imagine people could very well buy more than one of these lucky bags since you would be guaranteed to get an animal with your purchase.

They already have something like that... But instead of gems we pay hard cash. I bought one a few weeks ago where I got the cat urn and lemurcury and also the cosmic habitat.
But paying for that in gems would be a great idea.

Sandybellee
08-31-15, 02:30 AM
They already have something like that... But instead of gems we pay hard cash. I bought one a few weeks ago where I got the cat urn and lemurcury and also the cosmic habitat.
But paying for that in gems would be a great idea.

Yeah, I think the value packs are too expensive. I wish we could buy them for gems! The difference with the lucky bags would be that you wouldn't know which one you get before buying the bag, so it would be like the spin wheel in that respect except that you would be guaranteed to get an animal.

ogreve
08-31-15, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I think the value packs are too expensive. I wish we could buy them for gems! The difference with the lucky bags would be that you wouldn't know which one you get before buying the bag, so it would be like the spin wheel in that respect except that you would be guaranteed to get an animal.

I agree. The only value pack that at this time I'd even consider buying would be one that has a Crystal Unicorn in it. I really do not want to buy any animal, but the Unicorn is the one and only animal that would open all sorts of new breeding options that I currently don't have. Still, I'd really, really much rather breed one, but it's getting frustrating that that still has never happened. Gem paid surprise bags sounds like a fun option.

As for the Spin to Win feature: I really, really, really hope that in a future installment it would feature the Nightmare; I'm still a bit sad over having missed out on that one the way it went. Of course I'd also love to see treasure and/or gem animals on it, but I doubt that'll happen (unless they make the 'slice' on which the ultra rare would appear smaller than the other ones). It would definitely be a great incentive for having several additional spins! :P

31aug2002
08-31-15, 03:48 AM
As for the Spin to Win feature: I really, really, really hope that in a future installment it would feature the Nightmare; I'm still a bit sad over having missed out on that one the way it went. Of course I'd also love to see treasure and/or gem animals on it, but I doubt that'll happen (unless they make the 'slice' on which the ultra rare would appear smaller than the other ones). It would definitely be a great incentive for having several additional spins! :P
Don't give them ideas;) they just might make the slices thinner on this one... I for one wouldn't want that. As it is I am not getting anything worthwhile here.

epinederose
08-31-15, 05:28 AM
cant play to much, but here is what I got
1st spin= 1500 food
2nd spin = 3 realms
next is in 3 hours.... gnnnnnn when I will be in the office, havent got a WIFI.....

chippychan
08-31-15, 06:01 AM
These are my results so far:

Main Account:
1st Spin = 25,000 coins
2nd Spin = Hummingburn!
3rd spin = Heart Meadow
4th Spin = 25,000 coins
5th Spin = 25,000 coins
6th Spin = 25,000 coins
7th Spin = 25,000 coins

Second Account:
1st Spin = Hummingburn!
2nd Spin = 25,000 coins
4th Spin = 1,500 food
5th Spin = 3 realm runes
6th Spin = 6,000 food
7th Spin = 25,000 coins

Very happy to have been lucky enough to get the new animal on both accounts with free spins... Especially since my luck with breeding has been *really* bad lately.

31aug2002
08-31-15, 06:49 AM
I thought I would try my luck in animal story today
But oh no such luck for me
My free spin gave me another 1500 food
Bought a spin (just completed my hungry babies quest so got 15 gems) just so may be I could win something
That gave 3 runes.... Well I think I am not destined to get the animals here..... :(:(:(

Animenia
08-31-15, 06:51 AM
My results so far:

1. 1500 food
2. 1500 food
3. Chimpala YUPIII :) I didn't get it when it was limited
4. 1500 food

mrhammy48
08-31-15, 07:14 AM
Edit - so far

1. Steam trunk
2. Heart flower
3. 6000 apples

4. Bulldog - already have. Bummer. Hoping for Chimpala or hummingburn.

calvinxx
08-31-15, 08:53 AM
I did 3 spins today and got 1500 food, coins, and 3 realm runes :( I realllly want the Steamtrunk but also need the Bulldog

ogreve
08-31-15, 09:28 AM
What a surprise, today's spin again gave me coins. 75,000 this time.
Something tells me that the remainder of my free turns will have an equally unimpressive outcome, despite supposed 5/12 odds at an animal on each spin...

epinederose
08-31-15, 10:07 AM
oh I am lucky this time !! didnt have a Steamtrunk, now I do !!
thank you S8 !!
now, next should be chimpala, please, can I reserve it ???????
:o

well, we'll see.......

Lisa0107
08-31-15, 10:13 AM
1St spin. 1500 apples. 😄
2Nd spin. 3 ruins 😄
3Rd spin. Chimpala 😄😄
4Th spin heart meadow 😣 i need that like i need a hole in my head!

Sandybellee
08-31-15, 11:31 AM
It seems my wheel only has two options - either Chimpala or 25 000 coins. Got the coins today. :p It's just too funny if I don't end up getting anything but those two with the rest of my spins either. :D

kuppikahvia
08-31-15, 12:37 PM
The quest for the worst luck in this wheel event continues:
Spin 1 - 1500 food
Spin 2 - 3 runes
Spin 3 - 3 runes
Spin 4 - Rumblebee yeeee... oh wait, no, that was exactly the only one I already have, the ONLY one! :D:D:D

It's so bad that it's almost funny.

sweetdeda
08-31-15, 02:47 PM
3 Runes from today's spin.

HappyHeartBakery
08-31-15, 05:56 PM
My 3rd Chimpala. Was so happy to get the 1st one...

SummerNightSky
08-31-15, 07:20 PM
Well, on the bright side, you could have a habitat with a Chimpala family in it. I might do that with my Rumblebees (if in the future I run out of space, I can always part with duplicates).

sweetypies97
08-31-15, 09:52 PM
I've been sick and not playing so I missed out on a few days.

phone:
1. Chimpala
2. Bulldog
3. $25,000
4. 1500 apples
5. 1500 apples

iPad:
1. $25,000
2. Rumblebee
3. $25,000
4. 1500 apples

Sandybellee
09-01-15, 12:38 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I'm getting a whole herd of Chimpalas too.

NannaSherry
09-01-15, 04:35 AM
What a surprise, today's spin again gave me coins. 75,000 this time.
Something tells me that the remainder of my free turns will have an equally unimpressive outcome, despite supposed 5/12 odds at an animal on each spin...

I SOOO Agree!!! I looked at the odds the same way. I did get one animal (bulldog) on third spin, but every spin since has been $25,000 USELESS coins. And I'm thinking with more animals on the spin wheel than anything else I should maybe, MAYBE get a few (or at least 2 or 3). Even a rune or some apples would be nice as it takes a long time to garner runes for expansion. And if S8 would let us use coins to buy runes or animals or gems or something useful that'd be ok. I have over 122 million coins, what the heck am I going to do with all of them? Garbage.

Sandybellee
09-01-15, 05:11 AM
I SOOO Agree!!! I looked at the odds the same way. I did get one animal (bulldog) on third spin, but every spin since has been $25,000 USELESS coins. And I'm thinking with more animals on the spin wheel than anything else I should maybe, MAYBE get a few (or at least 2 or 3). Even a rune or some apples would be nice as it takes a long time to garner runes for expansion. And if S8 would let us use coins to buy runes or animals or gems or something useful that'd be ok. I have over 122 million coins, what the heck am I going to do with all of them? Garbage.

If this is set up like the spin wheel on DS, you are lucky to get one animal with your free spins during the seven days even if there are five animals on the wheel. Mostly it will be coins and food and other stuff. Over on the DS forum people have even reported that the wheel stops on a dragon and then spins back to coins or something else. I'm still hoping the FFS wheel is more generous since many have reported getting two different animals.

In any case, like someone mentioned, this is a free bonus unless you buy spins so I will just take it as that from now on and be happy as long as I get at least one animal per spin wheel event.

LonePudding
09-01-15, 05:46 AM
#1 -
#2 - 3 runes
#3 - 3 runes
#4 - Bulldog!!

mrhammy48
09-01-15, 06:05 AM
4. Bulldog - already have. Bummer. Hoping for Chimpala or hummingburn.

5. 1500 apples

31aug2002
09-01-15, 06:20 AM
I thought I would try my luck in animal story today
But oh no such luck for me
My free spin gave me another 1500 food
Bought a spin (just completed my hungry babies quest so got 15 gems) just so may be I could win something
That gave 3 runes.... Well I think I am not destined to get the animals here..... :(:(:(
Today's spin again gave me 6000 apples... Well not bad... They coming in handy to feed the very hungry swan prince. He gobbling food faster than I can dish out....lol
Again bought one spin which finally gave me the chimpala... YAY!!!
So that's 1 animal out of 5 ... Will wait for free spin tomorrow

ogreve
09-01-15, 06:30 AM
If this is set up like the spin wheel on DS, you are lucky to get one animal with your free spins during the seven days even if there are five animals on the wheel. Mostly it will be coins and food and other stuff. Over on the DS forum people have even reported that the wheel stops on a dragon and then spins back to coins or something else. I'm still hoping the FFS wheel is more generous since many have reported getting two different animals.

In any case, like someone mentioned, this is a free bonus unless you buy spins so I will just take it as that from now on and be happy as long as I get at least one animal per spin wheel event.

Hi,

Wow, what you report from DS sounds like a straight deja vu from my second (paid!) spin: the pointer clearly landed on the Chimpala, after which the screen "stuttered" somewhat to give me... 25,000 coins. That's also why I then wrote that it appeared to be rigged. For reference, check the screenshots in my earlier post about this (i.e. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84305-Spin-the-wheel-is-here!&p=1164941&viewfull=1#post1164941), you can still see the Chimpala selected in the background, whilst the foreground shows the 25,000 coins prize.

O.k. nobody ever said that equally big slices truly means that each slice represents a 1/12-th chance, but it's definitely the natural assumption that anyone would make when merely looking at the wheel.
In reality though, it's SO simple to program way different odds behind the scenes and to simply let the wheel end on something that's predetermined as soon as you make your swipe (i.e. well before the wheel stops), like e.g. giving 85% odds at a non-animal prize and only 15% chance at an animal. Math is a funny thing though, and the realm of statistics and probability calculations requires somewhat large sets of test amounts to be able to make "statistically well underbuilt" statements, but a very quick check can easily be done: there are 12 equally big slices on the wheel, 5 of which have animals. I we'd add up everybody's amount of spins (call that Y) and do the same for everybody's amount of won animals (call that X) then X/Y should come pretty darn close to 5/12. If it doesn't (for large enough numbers) of X and Y, then we can statistically justified say that the alleged odds of 1/12 for any item are not the true odds. Now, if X/Y doesn't yield something close to 5/12, but for example 1/12 or 2/12 we can simply say that the wheel is rigged!
When I write "large enough numbers of X and Y" I mean something in the order magnitude of preferrably 200+ or so. An amount that we could easily achieve if the forum contributors keep track of their outcomes.

Fine for free turns, as they're extras, but for the paid turns it's a different matter. I currently have 250 gems lined up that I have reserved for additional spins after I hear back from TL support regarding the Chimpala and until after the free spins are through. If, however, the wheel DOES come across as rigged, I'm not inclined to use that amount on it. Presently I have had 6 spins, which should have given an average of 6 * 5/12 = 30/12 = 2.5 animals. If indeed I had received the Chimpala that I should have won on the second spin, then those odds were close to what I actually did get. Yet, so far the actually rewarded amount of animals is only 1.
Another thing I wonder about is if the paid turns perhaps behind the scenes have better odds of landing on animals. I've had 4 free spins, all of which ended on non-animal spots and 2 paid spins, both of which ended on animals (Chimpala and Bulldog), of which then in the end only the Bulldog was really rewarded. Suspicious...

I really want all 5 animals, but if I can reasonably state that the wheel is rigged, I shall not get carried away with it, as it would quickly see me deplete a large gem stash without having the 5/12 odds at animals that we all ASSUME to be the odds of the wheel. Not attractive.
If indeed on the last day after some 2 or 3 paid spins, or earlier, I suspect that such is the case, I'll simply call it a day with the wheel.

Now... I'm 30 minutes away from today's free spin. I'm very curious to see what it will give this time....

Note to all: don't get me wrong here, I like the Spin to Win feature and it's great that TL let's us have free extra stuff so I'm by no means complaining. However, before spending significant amounts of gems on it, I do want to figure out if the animal odds really are 5/12, or much less....

calvinxx
09-01-15, 06:59 AM
My free spin gave me 1500 food and then I bought another spin which gave me 6000 apples. Thinking about it all of the times I have received animals 3 Rumblebees, 2 Hummingburns, and 1 Chimpala were all on paid spins. Maybe the odds are more in your favour if you pay for the spin...
I'm anxiously waiting to see what you get on your free spin today ogreve!

ogreve
09-01-15, 07:03 AM
Well, I just made my free spin and.... surprise, surprise.... drum roll...... 3 Realm Runes.
Hey, didn't I predict something like that? ;)
The Realm Runes are welcome of course, so again, no complaint, but I'm getting more and more convinced that this wheel doesn't exactly give the odds we'd expect...

Sandybellee
09-01-15, 09:30 AM
Well, I just made my free spin and.... surprise, surprise.... drum roll...... 3 Realm Runes.
Hey, didn't I predict something like that? ;)
The Realm Runes are welcome of course, so again, no complaint, but I'm getting more and more convinced that this wheel doesn't exactly gives the odds we'd expect...

I also got 3 runes today. Yeah, I think the odds of getting an animal with free spins is much lower than 5/12.

Scribbles138
09-01-15, 10:58 AM
#1 - 1500 food
#2 - Rumblebee
#3 - Hummingburn
#4 - Coins...2500 I think it was

I already have a Chimpala, so I'm really hoping I can still get the Steam Trunk and Bulldog.

kuppikahvia
09-01-15, 11:36 AM
The quest for the worst luck in this wheel event continues:
Spin 1 - 1500 food
Spin 2 - 3 runes
Spin 3 - 3 runes
Spin 4 - Rumblebee yeeee... oh wait, no, that was exactly the only one I already have, the ONLY one! :D:D:D

It's so bad that it's almost funny.

Sorry if I quote myself but the beat goes on and on here...

Spin 5 - 3 Runes :D

So out of 5 free spins only 1 animal, but also the only one of the five which I already had (equals to absolutely nothing, so far)

KadeeDid
09-01-15, 12:26 PM

Yes, on DS I did not get any dragons. Only food and coins. Every time, I had it stop on a dragon and then shudder and spin again.

patriziaf
09-01-15, 12:41 PM
Thank you for the 4 monkeys

SummerNightSky
09-01-15, 02:30 PM
1500 food for me today. Trying to get my food bank from 60,000 to 70,000 and this helps :)

sweetdeda
09-01-15, 03:03 PM
Today's spin= 10 gems. Really hoping for Steamtrunk

oo56
09-01-15, 03:46 PM
Spin 1 - Hummingburn
Spin 2 - 1500 Food
Spin 3 - 3 Realm Runes
Spin 4 - Bulldog
Spin 5 - 1500 Food
Spin 6 - 3 Realm Runes

KadeeDid
09-01-15, 11:46 PM
Yes, on DS I did not get any dragons. Only food and coins. Every time, I had it stop on a dragon and then shudder and spin again.

I have received animals previously but so far this time I have not received any, nor did I on the latest DS Spin Event.

ogreve
09-02-15, 12:41 AM
Well, I received an answer from Support. Not quite the outcome I had hoped, but it does at least confirm that the prize that is awarded is already determined as soon as you initiate your spin, and not at the moment that it actually "by chance" ends on a particular position:

"We took a look, and it appears that in the 2nd image, there was a delay in the spinner. When you first start the wheel spinning, the reward is chosen by the server before it even stops spinning. If there is any lag, the spinner may keep going for a moment or two longer than it is supposed to. We will let the developers know that this may cause display issues."

I guess their explanation can be correct (as can be mine). However, as it doesn't seem they're going to give the Chimpala anyway, I'll not try to arm wrestle them over it and shall have to hope to win it on one of the upcoming spins. :/
At least their very answer confirms what I thought all along: the prize is simply determined based on any other kind of logic than the actual spinning speed and starting position of the wheel (as would be the case on a 'physical' real-life wheel of fortune). Of course we don't know the precise implementation of their prize rewarding logic, but by all means we should assume that the chance at an animal is determined by some RNG (= Random Number Generator) and that the odds at getting an animal are likely to be considerably lower than 5/12 in total. Also, the Chimpala is a 'rare' animal, and the other 4 animals are 'super rares'. This may also explain why among those who do get animals, we are seeing the Chimpala being rewarded more often than the other animals. And... same for the non-animal prizes: I bet ya that the chance to get 25,000 coins is higher than getting 75,000 coins, which in turn is likely to be higher than getting runes and gems, etc.
In short: my advice is to spin the wheel at will, but just be aware that the odds at an animal are not likely to be 5/12 (decent statistics could give a good indication of that...), this is a thing to keep in mind when making paid spins.

kimbekaw
09-02-15, 01:08 AM
In short: my advice is to spin the wheel at will, but just be aware that the odds at an animal are not likely to be 5/12 (decent statistics could give a good indication of that...), this is a thing to keep in mind when making paid spins.

Good post! I've had terrible luck with the wheel and I began to suspect that the odds were quite skewed. I certainly won't be paying for any spins. Is FFS just going to go the way of "Oh, you want this? Well, give us lots of money in order to get it", instead of earning the animals? Looks like I'll be missing out on more animals. :/

31aug2002
09-02-15, 02:28 AM
Good post! I've had terrible luck with the wheel and I began to suspect that the odds were quite skewed. I certainly won't be paying for any spins. Is FFS just going to go the way of "Oh, you want this? Well, give us lots of money in order to get it", instead of earning the animals? Looks like I'll be missing out on more animals. :/

Ditto for me too. I am done spending gems on things of chance. Will try my luck at free spins.. If I get them ... Well and good. But if not then won't fret over it.

poise86
09-02-15, 03:02 AM
got chimpala twice, hope for steamtrunk..

Sandybellee
09-02-15, 03:16 AM
@ogreve: Sorry to hear you didn't get the Chimpala. Maybe you will still get it with your spins - they seem to be almost raining down. Wish I could give you one of mine.
I don't think I'm going to buy spins from now on - the odds of getting something desirable seem to be too low.

ogreve
09-02-15, 05:11 AM
@ogreve: Sorry to hear you didn't get the Chimpala. Maybe you will still get it with your spins - they seem to be almost raining down. Wish I could give you one of mine.
I don't think I'm going to buy spins from now on - the odds of getting something desirable seem to be too low.

Hi Sandy,

Thanks, I too wished it were possible to receive one like that. ;)
Today's free spin gave me -again- coins. 75,000 this time. It would be nice to get at least one animal on a free spin.
I'm now going to be thinking very hard about how many gems I feel like spending on paid spins. Earlier this week I did buy 250 gems for spins on the wheel, but I doubt now that I'll be spending that many on it. After my last three spin I may try it some 2-3 times. If that doesn't yield any animal, I think I'll call it a day early. I don't like the idea of not having a clue as to the true odds of getting an animal. The ones I really want(ed) most are the Steamtrunk and the Hummingburn, but I'm now already counting on not getting them.

HappyHeartBakery
09-02-15, 05:18 AM
todays spin - 3 realm runes...could be helpful IF I wasn't trying so hard to manage the use of my runes/bombs/expansions to not waste/lose:(

LonePudding
09-02-15, 07:11 AM
#1 -
#2 - 3 runes
#3 - 3 runes
#4 - Bulldog!!

#5 - Chimpala!!

mrhammy48
09-02-15, 07:49 AM
5. 1500 apples

Today's spin 6000 apples. My kids got Rumblebee which is new for them. The only animal so far from the wheel.

freesiawoods
09-02-15, 08:11 AM
Frustrated I am. My dormant accounts are getting animals but not my active account. One game got two hummingburns! If only I could transfer them!

31aug2002
09-02-15, 09:51 AM
Today's free spin gave 25000 coins... Oh well....

calvinxx
09-02-15, 10:06 AM
I got 3 runes today. This is frustrating because I'm at the 150 rune capacity and the 3 runes go into my storage and then when I check later I'm back at 150. So this prize is essentially nothing

SummerNightSky
09-02-15, 12:04 PM
75,000 coins for me. I'm not at a point where I'm rolling in coins, so this is still helpful :)

I'm not spending any more gems on spins: for all I know it wouldn't be until spin #32 before I got a Hummingburn lol. That is not to say I'm not grateful to TL/S8 for the Spin to Win feature: they are giving us free stuff after all. But these kind of features are designed to get the people who do spend money to spend more money or get non-spenders to start spending.

Sakrysta
09-02-15, 01:42 PM
Two Rumblebees and a Bulldog, as well as random other stuff so far. It's like the game KNOWS I want the Steamtrunk and Hummingburn the most!

sweethutch
09-02-15, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone! I was hoping someone might have a picture they can post of the adult version of the hummingburn or maybe share with me your ID if you already have it in your forest so I can take a peek? I finally won it today on both my accounts (YAY!!!!) but it is in storage with a slew of other stored animals. I'm trying to determine which stored animal to hatch first if/when I finally get a break from constantly breeding for limited animals ie: the elusive steel wooly mammoth. Thanks in advance for any help!
Good luck to everyone on our last 2 days of free spins!

sweetdeda
09-02-15, 04:32 PM
Today's spin: Chimpala! Now I just need Steamtrunk and I'll be happy happy!

Lisa0107
09-02-15, 05:18 PM
Summary so far: I have had 6 spins

3 ruins twice
1500 apples
75000 coins
chimpala
heart flowers

one more chance for the hummingburn

Buttercup0001
09-02-15, 05:27 PM
My spins. Im not using gems for extra spins.

Day 1. Heart Meadow (no available space to place it)
Day 2. 25,000 coin
Day 3. 25,000 coin
Day 4. Chimpala (animal no. 15 storage)
Day 5. Hummingburn (happy dance....as I'm a frustrated breeder that is unsuccessful in breeding animals.....animal no.16 in storage, begging S8/TL for a 2nd tree of life.)

chippychan
09-02-15, 06:17 PM
Day 5. Hummingburn (happy dance....as I'm a frustrated breeder that is unsuccessful in breeding animals.....animal no.16 in storage, begging S8/TL for a 2nd tree of life.)

Congrats on the Hummingburn! :)

I totally agree with needing a 2nd nest for hatching. I'm currently at 18 animals in storage (and another 19 in storage on my secondary account) with no breeding gaps big enough to hatch any. However, I'm also lacking space to put them in my forest so I've been hesitant to take any out for fear of running out of space. :(

Buttercup0001
09-02-15, 06:31 PM
Congrats on the Hummingburn! :)

I totally agree with needing a 2nd nest for hatching. I'm currently at 18 animals in storage (and another 19 in storage on my secondary account) with no breeding gaps big enough to hatch any. However, I'm also lacking space to put them in my forest so I've been hesitant to take any out for fear of running out of space. :(

Thx chippychan. I agree with you. They are my thoughts as well. No breeding gaps big enough to hatch and no space to place new habitats. So they will remain in storage :(

tennysonrobin
09-02-15, 07:27 PM
2 chimpalas - they r sooooo epic, the rest are coins and apples. Im not really interested in other animals but a hummingburn instead of the second chimpala would be nice ~.~

Animenia
09-03-15, 03:02 AM
1. 1500 food
2. 1500 food
3. Chimpala YUPIII
4. 1500 food
5. 6000 food
6. 1500 food

At least food is better than money for me :)

Tomorrow last free spin...

freesiawoods
09-03-15, 03:11 AM
Finally an animal, a Chimpala! Any would have been fine as they are all new to me.

ogreve
09-03-15, 03:35 AM
Well, I just had my 7th free spin, and it went in the absolutely uttermost crooked way possible: the wheel spun normally, then it stopped (as in: made a FULL stop!) on the Bulldog, and then it spun again and landed on... 25,000 coins! :(
As this was my 7th spin, despite the badge saying "2 days left" I figured now would be a good time to have a little test of character of the paid spins. As mentioned previously I *HAD* especially bought 250 gems earlier for having paid spins. I decided to test the outcomes of up to three spins. The results were:
1) 10 gems
2) 25,000 coins
3) 6,000 food

Well then. That's it. Even though on an earlier paid spin I did get a Bulldog and hence don't really need a second one, I really for the second time feel *****ed out of an animal. I think this is the first time that I have a true complaint about an FFS feature as it is: sure, it's nice to get free stuff, but it does come across as if the wheel is somehow rigged such that it just doesn't want to give animals for some forests or other specific conditions (at least so is my assumption, as some players get no animal at all, whereas others are being showered by them).

The simple conclusion that I'm coming to is that it seems that this wheel is too rigged to want to let me have a decent share of the good stuff. This, in turn, results in me drawing my conclusions and sticking by them: in total I have had 5 paid spins = 150 gems, on one of them I got 10 gems, so I have paid a net total of 140 gems, which I shall for myself explain away as the price of the Bulldog from the second paid spin on the first day. For me, that's a very hefty price, but so be it. The remainder of those 250 gems (i.e. 250 - 80 = 170) will be kept in reserve for better purposes and they shall NOT be spent on the wheel anymore, at any rate not this time round.

Thanks to TL for the free stuff of the free spins, I'm not complaining about that, but sorry guys: you made this wheel too crooked for my likings and certainly for me to have any desire to spend more gems on it. I *really* wanted to get the Hummingburn and particularly the Steamtrunk, and I had planned to continue having paid spins until I'd have gotten some of those, but it's obviously not going to happen. So be it.
If you fix the wheel for the next installment I may reconsider, but if not, from here on it shall only be free spins for me.

I'll report this to support too. Not that I expect them to change any of my outcomes or so, but I *DO* want to let them know that the way this wheel works has caused them to shoot themselves in their own foot: sure, the expense for the present 250 gems has already been made, but there will not be any further occurrences of that for this feature, unless the outcomes become more "honest" ones.

mrhammy48
09-03-15, 05:50 AM
My spin today resulted in 75000 coins. Bummer. My kids got hummingburn. So far, we have managed to get 2 animals each from the wheel. I really wish I could get rid of my extra bulldog by some sort of trade. I have no plans to ever keep extra animals.

RowanaFarrin
09-03-15, 07:24 AM
Sorry I haven't been updating the forums as much as usual!

Spin 1: 1500 food
Spin 2: 6000 food
Spin 3: Hummingburn! :D
Spin 4: 25000 gold
Spin 5: Hummingburn again! (not complaining but I was hoping for one of the other animals I didn't have. XD)
Spin 6: 3 runes

I wish I could trade my extra Hummingburn to one of you.
At least one more free spin tomorrow! Hoping for a Steamtrunk. Good luck everyone!

ninasidstorm8
09-03-15, 07:32 AM
I am sorry to hear that people are having such problems with the wheel. In DS, Sometimes I would pick up a couple Dragons, sometimes not but it never appeared to me to be rigged in any way, just random odds. I was disappointed that I had all of the animals on the wheel this time except the new one, but I am not missing that many and most of them are Ultra Rares, so it isn't surprising that I had the ones S8 chose. In 7 spins so far, I received a different result each time. I got the Hummingburn on my last spin which made this round a success for me. My personal results are consistent with what I would expect if the odd for each item on the wheel has the same odds but my one data point isn't proof of anything.

ogreve
09-03-15, 07:41 AM
I am sorry to hear that people are having such problems with the wheel. In DS, Sometimes I would pick up a couple Dragons, sometimes not but it never appeared to me to be rigged in any way, just random odds. I was disappointed that I had all of the animals on the wheel this time except the new one, but I am not missing that many and most of them are Ultra Rares, so it isn't surprising that I had the ones S8 chose. In 7 spins so far, I received a different result each time. I got the Hummingburn on my last spin which made this round a success for me. My personal results are consistent with what I would expect if the odd for each item on the wheel has the same odds but my one data point isn't proof of anything.

Yes, at this very moment I'm really disappointed with the way the wheel works at least on my account. I can understand them messing with the odds so one would get more of the non-animal outcomes than animals, but I really think that the way the wheel today landed on the Bulldog, made a full stop there, and then just spun AGAIN to give me 25,000 coins was a very lame outcome.
I made very sure to inform TL of this too by sending them a rather "spicy" email about it.
I still "needed" all 5 of the animals, but I wouldn't have been sour if I hadn't gotten any and the spins at least were fair, but the way matters went first with the Chimpala and then ALSO with that second Bulldog today, that's simply taking the p**s... :(
I wonder if support bothers answering my email.

ninasidstorm8
09-03-15, 07:59 AM
Yes, at this very moment I'm really disappointed with the way the wheel works at least on my account. I can understand them messing with the odds so one would get more of the non-animal outcomes than animals, but I really think that the way the wheel today landed on the Bulldog, made a full stop there, and the just spun AGAIN to give me 25,000 coins was a very lame outcome.
I made very sure to inform TL of this too by sending them a rather "spicy" email about it.
I still "needed" all 5 of the animals, but I wouldn't have been sour if I hadn't gotten any and the spins at least were fair, but the way matters went first with the Chimpala and then ALSO with that second Bulldog today, that's simply taking the p**s... :(
I wonder if support bothers answering my email.

I hope support provides a satisfactory answer. The actual spinning of the wheel is something that S8 has had problems with. In DS I had a lot of problems even getting it to start spinning (I suspect that it needs to detect a certain range of speed in movement). I had the same problem in FFS on my first spin. I had a similar issue on my 3rd spin as you had, where the wheel almost stopped and then reversed itself and moved halfway around in the other direction to give me a Chimpala. My guess is that the way you spin the wheel has no affect on the outcome and that the results are determined when the spin is made and the code just needs to ensure that is where the wheel ends up. At least that is the way I would have coded it.

Good Luck on your future spins.

ogreve
09-03-15, 08:17 AM
I hope support provides a satisfactory answer. The actual spinning of the wheel is something that S8 has had problems with. In DS I had a lot of problems even getting it to start spinning (I suspect that it needs to detect a certain range of speed in movement). I had the same problem in FFS on my first spin. I had a similar issue on my 3rd spin as you had, where the wheel almost stopped and then reversed itself and moved halfway around in the other direction to give me a Chimpala. My guess is that the way you spin the wheel has no affect on the outcome and that the results are determined when the spin is made and the code just needs to ensure that is where the wheel ends up. At least that is the way I would have coded it.

Good Luck on your future spins.

Hi,
What you write is basically comparable to the explanation support gave after reporting the Chimpala issue. Indeed if you slowly "turn" the wheel it moves to specific positions and can be set where you want, but it simply doesn't activate a true spin. By TL's own admission, as soon as it activates the result is determined and the animation should then match it. Now, if indeed they then DO manage to give the prize they predetermined, yet totally mess up the graphical animation to make it stop on the right slice, that's explainable away as poor coding, which righteously so results in people complaining; i.e. not the kind of situation programmers like.
Now, that's one matter, so, though poorly executed, it could be explained away.
Today's issue is entirely different though: it made a fully normal spin (without stuttering or rolling back), ends on the Bulldog, fully stops there and then simply spins again and gives 25,000 coins. That, in my opinion, is just outrageous. Even if for some reason that is beyond me, there is some sort of technical reason why this would have happened, they will, again righteously so, get a load of critique over them for it. Whatever explanation (if any) they will give, the way an end user conceives this is that the system is totally rigged. Not smart on their behalf. It certainly has me distrusting the wheel.
Again, the free spins are welcome extras and I can live with lesser odds than those suggested by the slice sizes (i.e. the 1/12 chance at any prize), but it's things like seeing one prize selected and then getting something entirely else (being a far lesser prize), and later seeing the wheel again stop on an animal and then again getting coins that makes me upset about this.

Hey, I wonder what'll happen tomorrow, it looks like I may have another free spin; just how big will my chances be that tomorrow the reverse situation happens, such that it then first makes a full stop on the 25,000 coins spot and then respins to give me Hummingburn or other animal... :S Nada, for sure... :(

SummerNightSky
09-03-15, 10:44 AM
3 realm runes for me today. I have plenty of coins to expand, so getting a little help collecting the needed number of runes is appreciated :) I want the Hummingburn so badly, but unless I were to be insanely lucky on my last free spin tomorrow morning, it looks like it won't be resident in my forest. C'est la vie.

Sorry to hear about your latest mucked up experience with the wheel, ogreve :/

mraguia
09-03-15, 12:30 PM
Got my Hummingbird to go along with the Steamtrunk & Chimpala as well as 6 Runes & 15,000 food. Good haul with 1 spin left.

sweetdeda
09-03-15, 04:40 PM
Hummingburn from today's spin, my second. I really wanted steam trunk the most.

Allixiandra
09-03-15, 10:51 PM
Here are my results:

1. spin = steamtrunk! (yay, I haven't got one yet, so this is great!)
2. spin = 1500 Food
3. spin= 1500Food
4. spin= 1500 Food (come on!!! :()
5. spin= 25000 coins
6. spin= 25000 coins

Unfortunately I found ou t today that there is no free spin possible for me because the next one would be in 12 hours and 52 minutes and it Ends in 12 hours and 21 minutes :(

Thus I spend my last 60 gems for two more spins and all I get was 2x 3 Runes.

So no more animals for me. I am very sad, but sometimes life is a ***** :rolleyes:

Good luck to every one!

kuppikahvia
09-04-15, 12:33 AM
Spin 1 - 1500 food
Spin 2 - 3 Realm Runes
Spin 3 - 3 Realm Runes
Spin 4 - Rumblebee (the ONLY animal which I ALREADY HAD among those featured)
Spin 5 - 3 Realm Runes
Spin 6 - Hummingburn (!!!)
Spin 7 - 25000 coins
Spin 8 - ???

A small update from me, guys: well, after 5 spins of nothing useful (sorry Rumblebee), all of a sudden I got the most valuable prize in the event. I could not believe it. After my 8th free spin which is going to be in a few hours I may as well buy an extra one just to say thanks for the Hummingburn :-))
I was reeaaaaally fed up with the poor results up until the 6th spin but as you can see things can change in the blink of an eye, so from me good, better, best luck for all of you who still have one free spin - may that one be... the one! :D

ogreve
09-04-15, 01:30 AM
Spin 1 - 1500 food
Spin 2 - 3 Realm Runes
Spin 3 - 3 Realm Runes
Spin 4 - Rumblebee (the ONLY animal which I ALREADY HAD among those featured)
Spin 5 - 3 Realm Runes
Spin 6 - Hummingburn (!!!)
Spin 7 - 25000 coins
Spin 8 - ???

A small update from me, guys: well, after 5 spins of nothing useful (sorry Rumblebee), all of a sudden I got the most valuable prize in the event. I could not believe it. After my 8th free spin which is going to be in a few hours I may as well buy an extra one just to say thanks for the Hummingburn :-))
I was reeaaaaally fed up with the poor results up until the 6th spin but as you can see things can change in the blink of an eye, so from me good, better, best luck for all of you who still have one free spin - may that one be... the one! :D

Many congrats!
It's good to see that things are working out for a lot of players!

I just had my last free spin. Do you want to guess what I got?
Wowee.... ANOTHER 25,000 coins.

I just don't get it, on my wife's iPhone account (which is a bit of an experimenting and gem gifting installation) on the first spin I got the Hummingburn, on the second spin a Chimpala, some food and coins on other spins, and then on the sixth spin another Chimpala.
I really don't know what gives and why the results on my main account were so terrible; I wished I could transfer the animals from the other account to the main one.

[sarcastic mode on]
Well, I'll be glad to see the Spin to Win feature leave the forest tonight. I normally tend to have a very positive attitude in this game, but this is one of the few times that I'm feeling frustration here (breeding an endless parade of Armordillos during the Music Animals trio was another such time).
Meanwhile support's answer didn't exactly help, they didn't address any of my programmer to programmer comments and recommendations I made and instead sent me a standard reply explaining the second muck-up away as a rollback. Well, I'd say I've seen a rollback or two since starting to play and this explanation is sheer b*ll*cks. On a rollback the screen always greys out even if only for a split second (and then resets further back). I was behind a very stable wifi connection, and the thing which happened is that the wheel simply ITSELF spun again, directly after having made a full stop on the Bulldog. I'm sure both of these "accidental glitches" are truly just that (ahum!), as well as ALL of the lowly outcomes being "sheer bad luck", well, as we say: "too much coincidence tends to indicate deliberate planning". Whatever, so be it. I'll not touch the wheel anymore on this installment of it and for future versions I don't think I'll spend gems on it anymore, not even if it were to feature the Nightmare and a bunch of ultra rares. That much has at least been achieved.
BTW, it's also nice to know that support is apparently taking this seriously and thought it to be necessary to send me a standard reply of which most elaborates on how they cannot reimburse coins spent etc., whereas I didn't even ask for the animal to be reimbursed or so; I hate it when people "answer" things I'm not asking of them, it makes me feel "well listened to".
[sarcastic mode off]

Anyway, in 09:39:32 hours it will be all be over with, and I can then continue focusing on what will be likely to be a trio to breed for!
Meanwhile I'm on round 28 in the tournament and I did manage to breed some good stuff this week, so I'll just take some joy from that, and shall soon be over the Spin to Just-Miss-Out disaster. :P

Good luck to those who still get to make a free spin: I hope you all fare better than I did and may you get the animal you desire!!! :)

Sandybellee
09-04-15, 03:35 AM
Ok, so I only got the Chimpala out of this wheel and I had 8 free spins on top of the ones I bought. Not great! Will not buy spins again. Very pleased to get 12 000 apples though! Good luck with your last spin, all who still have a spin left!

chippychan
09-04-15, 05:01 AM
My final results are:

Main Account:
1st Spin = 25,000 coins
2nd Spin = Hummingburn!
3rd spin = Heart Meadow
4th Spin = 25,000 coins
5th Spin = 25,000 coins
6th Spin = 25,000 coins
7th Spin = 25,000 coins
8th Spin = 3 realm runes

Second Account:
1st Spin = Hummingburn!
2nd Spin = 25,000 coins
4th Spin = 1,500 food
5th Spin = 3 realm runes
6th Spin = 6,000 food
7th Spin = 25,000 coins
8th Spin = 3 realm runes

Overall a positive experience for me. :)

I'm sorry to hear about some of the more negative experiences some people had, but I learned a while ago with the spin-wheel in DS not to expect much from it and just take what I get from the free spins. I don't think I'd ever spend gold/gems on this feature just because it can be so hard to actually get anything (in DS I rarely get a dragon from it... I think between 2 accounts I've only ever gotten a few dragons from it over a long period of time).

Anyway, good luck to anyone who still have a spin left before it ends today. :)

HappyHeartBakery
09-04-15, 05:29 AM
only 5 1/2 hours left on the wheel.

I did get a few Chimpalas which were new for me. Missed the Hummingburn. And got some realm runes and some food. I sacrificed some gems this am for one extra spin to try for the Hummingburn...but not luck, just more food. Food is fine tho, as I'm back to trying to save to expand to Treent (after being close to coins needed prior to the Storybook Adventure) and trying to level up some good fighters (just got my Swan Prince evolved to level 10). With all the breeding of late, I may have to do a quick 1mil. expansion and keep saving for Treent as I'm about maxed out on my storage of bombs and runes and I'm not quite 1/2 to Treent expansion coins.

insomniadreams88
09-04-15, 06:09 AM
I ended up with 1 Chimpala (which I already had), 4 Rumblebees (which I already had) and coins. Was considering buying a spin, but figured I'd just get another Rumblebee with my luck.

FigmentValley
09-04-15, 07:46 AM
I got nothing I did not already have (one creature) and a bunch of stuff that I did not care about. But, since the hummingburn was the only thing on the wheel I needed/wanted, I figured that would be the case. I'm glad to see it go.

Breeding a trio of dogs looks annoying. I never did get the space trio or the music trio despite trying endlessly. I hold little hope for dogs. That said, they probably are nothing particularly new or different or needed, so..... no biggie.

31aug2002
09-04-15, 08:10 AM
The only worthwhile things I got were 2 Chimpalas .. Which I did not have... Other things I got were 1500X 3 food 25000x 2 coins....

MaribouMay
09-04-15, 08:36 AM
This wheel has been a total bust for me. I got food (always the 1500), runes, and coins. I am trying to decide if I should spend some of my very limited gems on one more spin. I would love Hummingburn or Steamtrunk.

SummerNightSky
09-04-15, 08:39 AM
My results (free spins):
1. Bulldog
2. 3 Realm Runes
3. Rumblebee
4. 10 Gems
5. 1500 food
6. 75,000 coins
7. 3 Realm Runes
8. 6000 food

My results (paid spins): 2 Rumblebee, 1 Chimpala, 1500 food, 6000 food, 3 realm runes, and 25,000 coins

I'm very grateful for what I got from the wheel. Everything was useful (3 new animals, food for my hungry forest residents, realm runes and coins for expansions, 10 gems). Won't be buying spins again since I need to save my gems for special habitats and skipping an ornery step in Storybook Adventures. Also, there's no telling how many spins would be required to get desired animal X (in this case, the Hummingburn).

tuffyjkitten
09-04-15, 09:01 AM
Most spins were food and coins but yesterday I got a Chimpala and on today's final spin I got a Hummingburn. I have a lot of crashing problems with this game first thing in the day (have not been able to collect the daily bonus all week because it crashes as soon as that screen pops up) so I immediately put it on the nest. Hope it's still there when I go back in a few minutes to battle.

pinkflower7777
09-04-15, 10:19 AM
Overall I am very happy with the spin the wheel event. Out of the 5 available animals I only had Bull Dog and Rumble Bee before the event started and I was able to pick up the Hummingburn, Chimpala and another Rumble Bee. I did spend gems for 6-7 spins divided out between day 1 and 2, (That's when I got Chimpapa). Luckily I only got coins once or twice, mostly received food and runes which are always welcome and 2 decorations.

I am looking forward to more of these events it seems like a nice way to get a chance at discontinued animals for a free or discounted price.

Lisa0107
09-04-15, 12:41 PM
got one last free spin in today an hour before it stopped. here is my tally:
1 chimpala
3 ruins twice
1500 apples 3 times
75000 coins
heart flower
not too bad. I really wanted that chimpala so I'm pretty happy to have him. hopefully the hummingburn will come back another time.

SummerNightSky
09-04-15, 07:43 PM
I saw an adult Hummingburn in someone's forest. While it is pretty, it's wing animation makes my eyes hurt. I feel better about not getting one lol.

chinpunchan
09-04-15, 08:44 PM
My timing was not too good. I got 3000 food (two spin), one decorative egg and two Rumble Bee (which I already have. I wish I can sell them to someone else). The only star is the chimpala. Thanks god.

sweetdeda
09-05-15, 04:08 AM
I got 3 out of the 5 animals, 2 hummingburns, Chimpala and rumblebee. I really wanted the Steamtrunk so I am disappointed on that one but I have bull dog already. I like the wheel, even though I didn't get everything I wanted I was able to add three animals to my forest, even if 2 of them will probably sit in storage until I get a big enough gap in breeding/hatching.

EviBrooklyn
09-07-15, 07:41 AM
I got three different days runes so a total of 9.
Meanwhile I already had 150 runes in storage and none of the runes I won through "spin the wheel" registered in my account. One morning however the number went up to 153 runes, but the next day went back to 150.
Did anyone else have this issue?

Drachenia
09-07-15, 03:17 PM
Hello Evi went me it 2 x per 3 Realm Runes won and been well written 156. When I saw in the camp after 2.Tage later I had only 150 Realm Runes

calvinxx
09-07-15, 03:22 PM
I got three different days runes so a total of 9.
Meanwhile I already had 150 runes in storage and none of the runes I won through "spin the wheel" registered in my account. One morning however the number went up to 153 runes, but the next day went back to 150.
Did anyone else have this issue?

Yes same thing happened to me. I guess 150 is the overall max and you cannot hold more

EviBrooklyn
09-07-15, 07:47 PM
Yes same thing happened to me. I guess 150 is the overall max and you cannot hold more

Thanks for the response :)