PDA

View Full Version : Boosted Breed Weekend 28-August-2015

Natasha_07
08-28-15, 10:54 AM
So it says...

amerirish
08-28-15, 11:03 AM
Never really seems to make much difference to most players, but I suppose it's a nice change of pace :)

Natasha_07
08-28-15, 11:04 AM
I don't get anything good from boosted breed.

Sandybellee
08-28-15, 12:08 PM
Got Kitsune! That's enough to make me a happy camper. Now I'm going to be trying (again) for the Siamese and maybe Tie Dye.

belarica
08-28-15, 04:35 PM
Got poison as my first boosted.. Doh!

Kennedward
08-28-15, 04:47 PM

Me too, but since it costs the same as regular breed now, there's no reason not to use it, so good luck! :D

meoconlunar
08-28-15, 10:22 PM
I have been trying for Prime life for weeks and have just got it with boost breed (after 1 Parakeet, 1 fruitflul, 1 Druid);)

Sandybellee
08-29-15, 01:46 AM
I have been trying for Prime life for weeks and have just got it with boost breed (after 1 Parakeet, 1 fruitflul, 1 Druid);)

Congrats! Glad it worked for you! I'm hoping to get one more from my wishlist during the boosted breeding weekend. No sense to speed breed too many times this time because I don't have room to place many new dragons at the moment.

PrincessCouture2014
08-29-15, 06:43 AM

me too! first try serpent

PrincessCouture2014
08-29-15, 06:45 AM
does boosted breed increase ur chance to get super rares too or is it only for rare ones?

Kennedward
08-29-15, 06:45 AM
First boosted breed got me a Mist lol

lauraleighashby
08-29-15, 07:12 AM
does boosted breed increase ur chance to get super rares too or is it only for rare ones?

Iread that it ups chances for rares and super rares, but not ultra rares.

meoconlunar
08-29-15, 07:48 AM
I know some friends who had Gold dragon with Air + Diamond (free boost breed)

I think it works

Sandybellee
08-29-15, 08:21 AM
I've got many new to me dragons so far: Kitsune, Cosmos, Ambassador x2, Cloud, Seer, Social x2... No Tie Dye unfortunately. For some reason the dragons I want the most seem so impossible to get (Siamese and Tie Dye). Very happy to get Kitsune and Cloud! Now I'm done speeding so I don't run out of gold.

kimandamelia
08-29-15, 09:30 AM
Boosted weekend so far has given me a Coral and a Poison! Boosting seems to do nothing but put little hearts fluttering on the den....

cascadia59
08-29-15, 11:47 AM
Boosted weekend so far has given me a Coral and a Poison! Boosting seems to do nothing but put little hearts fluttering on the den....

I agree with you. Funny thing tho - you'd think they would actually up your chance on these free trials so that you would pay gold for the boosted breeding once in a while when you really want a specific dragon. I would never pay gold since I so rarely get anything on the free Boosted Weekend. It's like the Spin wheels - I am super lucky if I ever get even one of the dragons (and with my luck I usually already have that one anyways!) so I am not even remotely motivated to try extra spins for 30 gold. At least it's all pretty much free - so I just enjoy what comes. But you'd think from a marketing perspective, the trials would work out a little more positively.

kimandamelia
08-29-15, 12:28 PM
I agree with you. Funny thing tho - you'd think they would actually up your chance on these free trials so that you would pay gold for the boosted breeding once in a while when you really want a specific dragon. I would never pay gold since I so rarely get anything on the free Boosted Weekend. It's like the Spin wheels - I am super lucky if I ever get even one of the dragons (and with my luck I usually already have that one anyways!) so I am not even remotely motivated to try extra spins for 30 gold. At least it's all pretty much free - so I just enjoy what comes. But you'd think from a marketing perspective, the trials would work out a little more positively.

Great thoughts! To have boost work would most definitely entice me to take a chance with it after the free weekend. But, since customer suggestion is not accepted, all our great ideas will remain ideas...

Kennedward
08-29-15, 01:10 PM
First boosted breed got me a Mist lol

Second try, Mist again LOL

ndtrance
08-29-15, 01:41 PM
I do well in free boosted breed days. I get more rares and super rares than usual. Though I don't always get new dragons. This weekend I've been breeding diamond/flametail. On three attempts I have bred winter, black diamond, and now Siamese is being bred. I am extremely happy since I've been trying to get these dragons for a while now.

Kennedward
08-29-15, 04:30 PM
It varies from players to players, some say they get good ones, but most say they get about the same results as regular breeding

BogitaPetHome1
08-29-15, 06:41 PM
So when I got this pop on my phone (android) it says free boost this weekend so I have to wait few hrs until my breeding net will be avaliable and today when I was ready to breed again the booster was no free. It was 200 coins. At least it was coins which is always better than gold and I do not mind trying even when I almost never get anything good from the boosters but what I really do not like is that if says Free that is what you expect and should have nothing else. So I feel kind of *****ed. Is this happen to anybody else?

belarica
08-29-15, 06:46 PM
So when I got this pop on my phone (android) it says free boost this weekend so I have to wait few hrs until my breeding net will be avaliable and today when I was ready to breed again the booster was no free. It was 200 coins. At least it was coins which is always better than gold and I do not mind trying even when I almost never get anything good from the boosters but what I really do not like is that if says Free that is what you expect and should have nothing else. So I feel kind of *****ed. Is this happen to anybody else?
They mean it costs coins instead of gold, that's free because who doesn't have 200 coins?

BogitaPetHome1
08-29-15, 06:52 PM
They mean it costs coins instead of gold, that's free because who doesn't have 200 coins?

Then they should to say breeding for coins not free. They release the same boosted I the past but they were clear and honest since they beginning and always says it was coins. I just think is wrong to fool people telling something is free when is not regardless of the price or how cheap that is or if it is coins no gold. These game of words is another wrong point to TL. Honestly should always be part anything even in a game.

Kennedward
08-29-15, 06:53 PM
Well they call it "free" because it usually costs 12gold but now it's 200 coins, same as regular breeding.

I know it's not exactly "free" as in no cost, it's just same cost as regular breeding

9krm
08-29-15, 09:59 PM
I really want a dapper dragon! After a few fails trying to get a dapper, I decided to go for something else and have a Quetzal breeding. Still want that dressed up little cutie though.

DeeDe99
08-29-15, 10:55 PM
So far I have scored a Virtue (I think based on the time and parents), a Rainbow and a Parakeet using the boosted breed. Given I had none of them, that is OK for me. Mind you, I now have an accommodation problem as I have nowhere to put said Rainbow when the little critter hatches. On the other hand, 33 hours in the breeding den (the looming Virtue) won't leave much time to breed anything else!

Sandybellee
08-30-15, 01:56 AM
I do well in free boosted breed days. I get more rares and super rares than usual. Though I don't always get new dragons. This weekend I've been breeding diamond/flametail. On three attempts I have bred winter, black diamond, and now Siamese is being bred. I am extremely happy since I've been trying to get these dragons for a while now.

Congrats! You've had great luck! I hope to get the Siamese some day too.

Sandybellee
08-30-15, 01:58 AM
Well, super rares keep coming, but why must they be Clowns? Yuck! I already had one and have got two more during the boosted breed weekend. At least I can trade them for big gemstones.

Edit: on the other hand, now I have Cloud (which I finally got using the boost this weekend), Zephyr and Smoke in the same cloudy white habitat on top of the mountain, so I'm super happy about that. :)

owa411
08-30-15, 05:07 AM
Still no luck in getting Siamese. All i got were 2 midnights, 1 blue moon, 2 lucks, 1 disco and 1 hypnotic (speedbred some of them). Think I'll try different combo for Cerberus

Kennedward
08-30-15, 05:59 AM
3rd Mist in a row, so my results are actually the same, if not worse, than regular breed

PinkBubbles75
08-30-15, 09:39 AM
Im trying for siamese. So far I've gotten a blue moon (before starting boosted breed), luck, and deep (currently breeding). I didn't have blue moon and deep before so it's not a total waste so far

ndtrance
08-30-15, 09:59 AM
Congrats! You've had great luck! I hope to get the Siamese some day too.

Thanks! I'm trying for plum blossom now but got a poison brewing at the moment. My other account isn't nearly as lucky. It's had some long fails, which is nice for the event lol. Hope you get something new!

Natasha_07
08-30-15, 10:04 AM
I got a nice coral, how amazing is this.

BiteMe111
08-30-15, 10:39 AM
Trying on two dens (Diamond + Infinity and Saturn + Siamese), have used some gold for speeding. Some commons or rares and super rares I already have but a few that I didn't have: Cosmic (still failing to get Eclipse, which is what I'm going for with that Saturn/Siamese pair) but at least that's something), Taurus and now I'm having either Swan or Atlas brewing, either of which will make me happy.

Paleon
08-30-15, 11:24 AM
Yes! This gave me my Saturn Dragon! I really like this dragon, so this single breeding has made this boosted breeding event a success in my book! :D

Kennedward
08-30-15, 01:02 PM
4th Mists in a row LOL

Mythdefied
08-30-15, 01:09 PM
Patchwork and Social, both of which I already have. Using Leo x Metal, hoping to get a number of things.

Kennedward
08-30-15, 04:29 PM
Should be about to breed again later today, hopefully it'll be something different than another Mist

BogitaPetHome1
08-30-15, 04:50 PM
No only is not free as it keeps coming on in my device regardless if you think 200 coins means free it is not...free means free but booster is also worthless all I get are commons and fails. Stuck now with a 21hrs fail that is gonna be poison for sure. That is why is not worth to try the booster never ever or to pat for regardless is 200 coins or 12 gold.

BiteMe111
08-30-15, 05:12 PM
The boost *is* free. You're just paying the normal price for breeding and getting free boost as an extra. It's 200 coins without the boost and same price with.

I do breed commons during boosted breeding but fewer. Without the boost, I was getting 6 or 7 Mists in a row with the Saturn and Siamese couple. With the boost I still get them, but interspersed with other dragons. I've just bred an Archon and that's making me very happy. :)

Kennedward
08-30-15, 05:36 PM
No only is not free as it keeps coming on in my device regardless if you think 200 coins means free it is not...free means free but booster is also worthless all I get are commons and fails. Stuck now with a 21hrs fail that is gonna be poison for sure. That is why is not worth to try the booster never ever or to pat for regardless is 200 coins or 12 gold.

Agreed, I won't ever pay gold for it when my results are basically the same

DeeDe99
08-31-15, 01:43 AM
3rd Mist in a row, so my results are actually the same, if not worse, than regular breed

Seems it might just be you? ;):cool:

Sandybellee
08-31-15, 02:44 AM
Please tell me there's nothing else for 18 hours with Night and Flametail than the Siamese? Is there? Because if there isn't, I finally got it using the free boosted breed! Trying not to get too excited yet in case it is something else after all...

pernmagic
08-31-15, 02:47 AM
Please tell me there's nothing else for 18 hours with Night and Flametail than the Siamese? Is there? Because if there isn't, I finally got it using the free boosted breed! Trying not to get too excited yet in case it is something else after all...
Hope you are lucky :)

Sandybellee
08-31-15, 02:49 AM
Ok, I couldn't wait and speeded the breeding and.... IT IS THE SIAMESE!!!!! Yaaaaaay!!! I've tried for it more than a hundred times. Thank you, free boosted breed! This was my number one wished for dragon.

rado_nik
08-31-15, 03:26 AM
all trys only Poison, no matter boost or not

JetteG
08-31-15, 03:29 AM
I have used diamond and flametail. I wanted either archangel, siamese, or 4 of the 6 diamond dragons. I got 44 hours, so it's
either a diamond or angel (I already have both). I will keep trying with this pair.

morgandcat
08-31-15, 04:12 AM
All 'boosted breeding' weekend, I have been trying for a Quetzal...I have breed at least a dozen forest dragons, all sold, and a Fuzzy from my Diamond and Dawntree......this is getting silly....what is boosted breeding supposed to do....enhance the chances of a rare or hard to breed dragon....and yet there are only two outcomes of this breeding pair...and no sight of a rare or hard to breed Quetzal...

Xyn25
08-31-15, 04:28 AM

Well, if you're breeding normally, you're paying 200 coins as well, so why not try the boosted breeding while it lasts? It can't hurt...

Myself, I got a Hippogriff yesterday, then Lunar Ram (which I get constantly for some reason) and now bred Marble and Serpent and got 8hs, hopefully not Fuzzy.

sam204
08-31-15, 04:55 AM
All 'boosted breeding' weekend, I have been trying for a Quetzal...I have breed at least a dozen forest dragons, all sold, and a Fuzzy from my Diamond and Dawntree......this is getting silly....what is boosted breeding supposed to do....enhance the chances of a rare or hard to breed dragon....and yet there are only two outcomes of this breeding pair...and no sight of a rare or hard to breed Quetzal...
For breeding Quetzal , really speaking you don't need even Boosted Breeding ! You must have empty nest and you must be able to spare time for continuous breeding , may be 50 or 100 times , depends ! But whole process is very fast since it takes only 20 Sec ! just go on breeding diamond with Forest , you get mostly Forest which u sell quickly n breed quickly without break ! When Timer slows down , ch time , if 32 Hrs , u r getting Quetzal for sure ! Best of Luck ! Happy Breeding Quetzal !

morgandcat
08-31-15, 05:03 AM
Thanks for that...I am indeed resigned to multiple breeding attempts, and you are right..the twenty seconds is manageable while having a cup,of tea, or the ad breaks......I guess in an idea world.....

amerirish
08-31-15, 06:54 AM
Been trying for Mermaid & Siamese on two nests and so far nothing but Island and Holographic fails :(

roguebee
08-31-15, 07:15 AM
Hasn't been a bad weekend so far. Figured I would try Night and Air for a Leo on both accounts. I have Leo on the nest now on one account, 3 other keepers between the accounts and several rares I'm trading for gems to be prepared for the next Dragon Tales.

MBerkay
08-31-15, 09:31 AM
I've tried boost breed a Dark Steel the last few Boosted Breedings and mainly get Common or Rare. I haven't gotten a Super rare out of any of the last three boosted breeding events. This time so far I've gotten a Winter, 2 Luck and now a 10 hour dragon on the roost. Unless its a Messenger I'm stuck with a Common Coral Dragon. Maybe they need to look at the code to make sure Boosted Breeding is working like it's supposed to. Even so I think there is a problem with breeding anyways, I've been trying for a Dark Steel for almost three months now and have never gotten it. Same goes for Mirage and Sagittarius (before it expired).

glenngenius
08-31-15, 10:02 AM
Boosted breed results:

Forest/Air - druid, nymph
Night/Virtue - winter, coral, black swan (super unexpected!)

freshfunin2008
08-31-15, 10:21 AM
I mainly get fails and commons but I did get a prime dragon on 1 acct with boosted breed. Its the red light combo. However, I got this dragon on a different acct with regular breeding on my 2nd try so the jury is still out....... well we all know boosted breeding free weekends is all about catching you on tuesday once it is back to gold again. TL makes good money there. Beware. lol

tengoambre123
08-31-15, 11:04 AM
Got an Iridescent and Wooden so far

Natasha_07
08-31-15, 11:08 AM
I got a nice coral, how amazing is this.

Charm. :(

Kennedward
08-31-15, 11:11 AM
Nothing but Mist fails, once again a boosted breed that got me common fails

Natasha_07
08-31-15, 11:19 AM
Nothing but Mist fails, once again a boosted breed that got me common fails

Me too, I wish I could breed a diamond!

Kennedward
08-31-15, 11:39 AM
Me too, I wish I could breed a diamond!

Good luck breeding one! I hope you get it soon!

DeeDe99
08-31-15, 02:29 PM
I think I got a Diamond. Love + Jewelry = 44 hours, so it has to be. I thought love and jewelry and diamonds are all related (engagement rings, you know) :cool:

Very happy, now just need a habitat!

I found the Boosted Breeding very good but as I am still new and collecting, most results are good I guess (no duplicates).

I got:

Rainbow
Virtue
Paradise
Cloud
Firemane
Diamond

Next time I may experience similar to Kennedward - so I'm putting it down to beginner's luck.

want2buildadragon
08-31-15, 03:57 PM
The first boosted breed I (ever) did got rainbow, second got penumbra

DeeDe99
08-31-15, 04:39 PM
Ok, I couldn't wait and speeded the breeding and.... IT IS THE SIAMESE!!!!! Yaaaaaay!!! I've tried for it more than a hundred times. Thank you, free boosted breed! This was my number one wished for dragon.

I just looked at the Siamese - VERY nice looking dragon!

Kennedward
08-31-15, 07:54 PM
I think I got a Diamond. Love + Jewelry = 44 hours, so it has to be. I thought love and jewelry and diamonds are all related (engagement rings, you know) :cool:

Very happy, now just need a habitat!

I found the Boosted Breeding very good but as I am still new and collecting, most results are good I guess (no duplicates).

I got:

Rainbow
Virtue
Paradise
Cloud
Meadow
Firemane
Diamond

Next time I may experience similar to Kennedward - so I'm putting it down to beginner's luck.

Congrats!

I think everyone's luck is different though, some players always get rare dragons using boosted breed, but some, like me, never got anything good using it.

We all have the freedom to choose whether to spend gold for boosted breed or not, so feel free to spend gold on it if you feel you have a better chance of getting rare dragons, just not me.

farmday0123
08-31-15, 08:37 PM
Boosted breed plus temple 💎 wishing for dark angel or anubis fail crazy water now 25 hours😭 both breeding den fail crazy cost me 400 gold for temple n breeding roost

DeeDe99
08-31-15, 08:39 PM
We all have the freedom to choose whether to spend gold for boosted breed or not, so feel free to spend gold on it if you feel you have a better chance of getting rare dragons, just not me.

He he he - I never said I'd spend gold on it - but I will take advantage of the "free" weekends.

I've edited the above to remove Meadow - that was part of the World Event, not a breeding: my mistake.

Kennedward
08-31-15, 08:43 PM
He he he - I never said I'd spend gold on it - but I will take advantage of the "free" weekends.

I've edited the above to remove Meadow - that was part of the World Event, not a breeding: my mistake.

I simply typed that because some players were offended when I said I won't ever spend gold on it lol

hon3ycomb
08-31-15, 09:18 PM
As I'm still on my never ending venture to breed Siamese, so far i got (during the boosted breed weekend):
1. Luck
2. Luck
3. Aether
4. Deep (which I didn't have)
5. Another 16 hrs

hon3ycomb
08-31-15, 09:21 PM

Congrats! I hope I could get that as well anytime soon as the Boosted Breed Weekend should be ending today >.<

DeeDe99
08-31-15, 09:41 PM
I simply typed that because some players were offended when I said I won't ever spend gold on it lol

Oh, I spend gold on other things, but not boosters or buying dragons. I think the latter goes back to my days breeding real animals and although this isn't proper genetics, I just want to stick to breeding my dragons. I guess later I may come across one I want that it isn't possible to breed, so I may have to adjust my rule further into the game.

I'm only on Level 28, so a long way to go, plus I have to make the decision whether to jump the fence to iOS or not. This is about the only electronic game I play, so I'm happy to spend a LITTLE real money every now and then - after all, the software itself is free. I remember in the early days paying for software licences and they weren't cheap!

Mythdefied
08-31-15, 11:12 PM
This time boosted breed is actually doing me some good. I have Leo x Metal going, hoping for Siamese or Lightning. Haven't gotten those, but I did get Archon and Chrome, both of which I was missing. I'll take it!

Sandybellee
09-01-15, 12:29 AM
I just looked at the Siamese - VERY nice looking dragon!

It is! A must for a cat person like me. It certainly was very hard to breed - took over a hundred tries.

Sandybellee
09-01-15, 12:33 AM
Congrats! I hope I could get that as well anytime soon as the Boosted Breed Weekend should be ending today >.<

Thanks! I hope you get one soon. I didn't get it last time during a boosted weekend but this second time was the charm. (And I had been trying almost non-stop for over a month.) This time I concentrated on getting Tie Dye and then switched back to Siamese only towards the end.

freesiawoods
09-01-15, 01:31 AM
It is! A must for a cat person like me. It certainly was very hard to breed - took over a hundred tries.

I bred one couple of weks ago. Got stunned by the lovely big eyes on the egg.

Sandybellee
09-01-15, 02:42 AM
I bred one couple of weks ago. Got stunned by the lovely big eyes on the egg.

Congrats! The egg is gorgeous! I wish we could keep it on display after hatching as an empty shell. I hope they introduce more dragons as beautiful as the Siamese! It's just stunning in every evolutionary stage. In an ideal world I would have four of them - baby, juvenile, adult and epic and an egg next to the habitat. :D A girl can dream...

DeeDe99
09-01-15, 02:55 AM

It is one I'll be sure to try for. 100 tries? I feel guilty about my Diamond now. Mind you, that was probably my luck gone for a while now and I'll struggle to get anything for a week - once the 44 hours is up. The waiting is ****ing me!

rasike
09-01-15, 04:19 AM
This time boosted breed is actually doing me some good. I have Leo x Metal going, hoping for Siamese or Lightning. Haven't gotten those, but I did get Archon and Chrome, both of which I was missing. I'll take it!

It is not possible to breed Siamese dragon with a combo Leo x Metal because it is not possible to get any dragons with black colour when breeding Leo with other dragons that do not have black colour. I bred Leo x Diamond trying to get Emberglow, Dark Angel or Black Diamond, and I did not get any hybrids with black after 40 tries. Then I found a thread in this forum that TL changed the breeding rules and any black outcomes are not possible when breeding Leo dragon. TL did not announce this change of the rules, the players had to find out that themselves. I am very disappointed about that. If you want to get a Siamese dragon, you should use Bat or Emberglow dragon instead of Leo.

theone2001
09-01-15, 04:21 AM
Does anyone know what time on Tuesday the free boosted breeding ends?

Last time there was a free boosted breeding on that Tuesday it took Gold instead of coins. It displayed that the cost was 200 coins but took 12 gold bars. I don't want to run into the same problem again.

Thanks

freesiawoods
09-01-15, 04:40 AM
It is not possible to breed Siamese dragon with a combo Leo x Metal because it is not possible to get any dragons with black colour when breeding Leo with other dragons that do not have black colour. I bred Leo x Diamond trying to get Emberglow, Dark Angel or Black Diamond, and I did not get any hybrids with black after 40 tries. Then I found a thread in this forum that TL changed the breeding rules and any black outcomes are not possible when breeding Leo dragon. TL did not announce this change of the rules, the players had to find out that themselves. I am very disappointed about that. If you want to get a Siamese dragon, you should use Bat or Emberglow dragon instead of Leo.

Oh really? We really need an official guide to breeding and battling. Why not?! We shouldnt have to guess or rely on third party sites.

Kennedward
09-01-15, 06:57 AM
Oh, I spend gold on other things, but not boosters or buying dragons. I think the latter goes back to my days breeding real animals and although this isn't proper genetics, I just want to stick to breeding my dragons. I guess later I may come across one I want that it isn't possible to breed, so I may have to adjust my rule further into the game.

I'm only on Level 28, so a long way to go, plus I have to make the decision whether to jump the fence to iOS or not. This is about the only electronic game I play, so I'm happy to spend a LITTLE real money every now and then - after all, the software itself is free. I remember in the early days paying for software licences and they weren't cheap!

I also spend gold on 4 dragon habitats, but never on boosted breed or dragons

meoconlunar
09-01-15, 07:39 AM
I got Prime life, Holographic and Hunter with boost breed :cool:

Passera
09-01-15, 08:26 AM
Boosted breed a total bust once again! Seriously don't get the point of boosted breeding.

kimandamelia
09-01-15, 08:41 AM
Boosted breed a total bust once again! Seriously don't get the point of boosted breeding.

I ended up with 3 Poison's and 1 Coral! Whopee!

belarica
09-01-15, 09:17 AM
I got humming, but the rest of my free boosters were poison :(

Natasha_07
09-01-15, 09:44 AM
I must have the worst luck in DS. Corals, charms and now islands. :(

glenngenius
09-01-15, 10:08 AM
Boosted breed results:

Forest/Air - druid, nymph
Night/Virtue - winter, coral, black swan (super unexpected!)

Additional breeds using free boosted breed:
Night/Virtue - luck and love

For this free boosted breed round: I got 4 common dragons, 1 rare, and 2 super rares (nymph - I still don't have - and black swan - my second but I'm glad to take it) :)

Kennedward
09-01-15, 10:21 AM
All fails, nothing good

roguebee
09-01-15, 10:57 AM
I've got the feeling that success is a function of the number of dragons you have...

ratsinthecity
09-01-15, 11:02 AM
Boosted breeding got me and my daughter a fire, forest, water, couple of islands. Then today it still stated 200 coins so I boosted breeding and got a few second forest, then I boosted breeding again and got a water. THEN I realized it had taken 12 gold each (24 gold total) instead of coins for that beautiful forest and the lovely water dragon, both of which can be purchased for coins. Seriously not even worth requesting the gold return, I don't spend money on the game strictly because of the way it is set up to steal gold without any confirmation. And if it still states coins, it should only take coins, regardless if its a bug, the bug isn't in my favor now is it...... I would be mad if I had actually spent money, so if I don't spend money, it don't bother me. A lawyer must have designed the display. I try to use gold on stuff so the game can't steal it from me by moving slow and causing me to hit stuff accidentally.
And boosted breeding also has my crusader hung up in breeding status AGAIN, same as it did last time we had boosted breeding. I put in a ticket for them to release his body since Saturday. He is still hung up. It is what it is, just a game, I just roll with it.

Kennedward
09-01-15, 11:22 AM
Oh, I said that too early.

Just got Prime Energy using a boosted breed! Finally something good! :cool:

freshfunin2008
09-01-15, 11:39 AM
ah the timer reset and TL scored another gold trap. I think that is the main reason they do it. People can programmed to press that button for 4 days and then they make it for gold and there you have it.

Kennedward
09-01-15, 11:51 AM
Hm? Oh wait, it was a regular breed! lol

So once again I get a dragon I want after the free boosted breed ended

ratsinthecity
09-01-15, 12:20 PM
Yes, freshfunin2008, they scored and got over on me with the OLD TIMER RESET GOLD TRAP. It still stated coins, so regardless if their timer reset, my screen still stated coins, but just roll with the flow. I just hate being fooled or made a fool of.

freshfunin2008
09-01-15, 12:39 PM
Speaking of fools... is there a fool dragon yet? Now that would be awesome.

BogitaPetHome1
09-01-15, 02:13 PM
Keep breeding common dragons and just getting fails. :-(

Mythdefied
09-01-15, 02:24 PM
Last try netted me Ambassador, which I didn't have. 3 new dragons; that's a win. First time ever boosted breed has done that much good.

pernmagic
09-01-15, 02:26 PM
Did quite well with super rares , many repeats but my last one is the godmother could be worse :)

Kennedward
09-01-15, 04:21 PM
Keep breeding common dragons and just getting fails. :-(

Me too with boosted breed

bakerystoe
09-01-15, 04:46 PM
yay I got nothing:(

Kennedward
09-01-15, 05:13 PM
yay I got nothing:(

It seems it's still mostly luck, I've seen many saying they got nothing but others saying they got something good

DeeDe99
09-01-15, 06:54 PM
It seems it's still mostly luck, I've seen many saying they got nothing but others saying they got something good

It is all gambling really. The boosted breed probably engages an algorithm that increases the odds, but reading about the breeding combinations on the Wiki, I've decided perhaps less is more. By that I mean, if one wants, for example, a Social Dragon (one of the goals, you see) one could pair Wooden and Island which results in some 54 possible progeny (of which only 5 are rated "common" - hmmmm), or stick to Water and Air which only has 11 possible results - only one of which is a common rarity rating.

Seems to me a 1 in 11 chance is better than 1 in 54, boosted or not.

What the algorithm may or may not do is anyone's guess. Perhaps the normal routine places a limit on certain offspring counts per month/week/day etc (e.g. only 40 Diamond a month globally or something) and boosted breeding bypasses that - the possibilities are endless.

Kennedward
09-01-15, 07:15 PM
It is all gambling really. The boosted breed probably engages an algorithm than increases the odds, but reading about the breeding combinations on the Wiki, I've decided perhaps less is more. By that I mean, if one wants, for example, a Social Dragon (one of the goals, you see) one could pair Wooden and Island which results in some 54 possible progeny (of which only 5 are rated "common" - hmmmm), or stick to Water and Air which only has 11 possible results - only one of which is a common rarity rating.

Seems to me a 1 in 11 chance is better than 1 in 54, boosted or not.

What the algorithm may or may not do is anyone's guess. Perhaps the normal routine places a limit on certain offspring counts per month/week/day etc (e.g. only 40 Diamond a month globally or something) and boosted breeding bypasses that - the possibilities are endless.

For me, all of my diamonds were bred using regular breed, so overall it's still luck

DeeDe99
09-01-15, 07:22 PM
For me, all of my diamonds were bred using regular breed, so overall it's still luck

Oh! "ALL my Diamonds" - such casual flare you exhibit with that throw-away line. ;):cool:

Use of a random number generator in there somewhere, I suspect.

Sandybellee
09-01-15, 08:41 PM
It is one I'll be sure to try for. 100 tries? I feel guilty about my Diamond now. Mind you, that was probably my luck gone for a while now and I'll struggle to get anything for a week - once the 44 hours is up. The waiting is ****ing me!

No need to feel guilty! Good for you for getting a Diamond already. I'm a little embarrassed to say I haven't even tried for it yet... It will eventually come to me, I'm sure.

Kennedward
09-01-15, 08:51 PM
Oh! "ALL my Diamonds" - such casual flare you exhibit with that throw-away line. ;):cool:

Use of a random number generator in there somewhere, I suspect.

Well it's true :cool:

DeeDe99
09-01-15, 11:42 PM
Well it's true :cool:

Yes, well, YOU and S8 have a lot to answer for. I just ordered an iPad to play this game on - refurbished from Apple (they are like new) and only 16Gb (how much could this game really need?) so I guess you could say I am hooked - for the moment anyway.

I'm too competitive - I want those 15/15 Diamond dragons!

Sandybellee
09-02-15, 12:33 AM
Yes, well, YOU and S8 have a lot to answer for. I just ordered an iPad to play this game on - refurbished from Apple (they are like new) and only 16Gb (how much could this game really need?) so I guess you could say I am hooked - for the moment anyway.

Since you're getting an iOS device, you may also wanna check Fantasy Forest Story. It's like DS, but with all kinds of different animals and IMO better graphics. Currently there's a special version of it out called Animal Story: Beach Adventure.

DeeDe99
09-02-15, 03:10 AM
Since you're getting an iOS device, you may also wanna check Fantasy Forest Story. It's like DS, but with all kinds of different animals and IMO better graphics. Currently there's a special version of it out called Animal Story: Beach Adventure.

Oh no! I think one addiction is quite enough for me at the moment...... maybe if I get those 15 Diamonds, I'll need a change of pace!

rasike
09-02-15, 04:35 AM
Yay, I got one new rare dragon during this boosted breeding weekend! It's Chrome, and it must be quite powerful, since I lost 8 battles in a row against it.

Kennedward
09-02-15, 07:25 AM

I don't understand, what do I have to answer for? lol

freesiawoods
09-02-15, 08:08 AM
I finally bred a Chess but I think it was regular breeding lol.

Kennedward
09-02-15, 10:48 AM
Got Prime Life! :cool: It seems I was right, I don't need boosted breed! :D

MaribouMay
09-02-15, 10:58 AM
Got only commons during boosted breeding. Now I have a SR breeding, Winter Rose. I have already bred a handful of Winter Roses (one of my not-so-rare SRs), but still it is not a common. Reminds me to never ay for boosted breeding.

roguebee
09-02-15, 03:43 PM
I received a late surprise, what I thought was a Social turned out to be a Leo for the other account. Mission accomplished on both!

PrincessCouture2014
09-03-15, 01:39 AM
Abd the usual trend for me didn't change even now. All I get was common or rares that I have in attempt for mermaid.

Kennedward
09-03-15, 10:08 AM
Abd the usual trend for me didn't change even now. All I get was common or rares that I have in attempt for mermaid.

Same here! It's just like it's telling me don't spend gold for boosted breed LOL

PrincessCouture2014
09-03-15, 01:49 PM
Same here! It's just like it's telling me don't spend gold for boosted breed LOL

lol and I haven't spent gold on boosted breeding but yes on speeding up breeding and hatching.

Kennedward
09-03-15, 04:30 PM
lol and I haven't spent gold on boosted breeding but yes on speeding up breeding and hatching.

I used to spend gold on speeding up, but now I save it for 4 dragon habitats.

hon3ycomb
09-04-15, 11:33 AM
As I'm still on my never ending venture to breed Siamese, so far i got (during the boosted breed weekend):
1. Luck
2. Luck
3. Aether
4. Deep (which I didn't have)
5. Another 16 hrs

5. Turned out to be Mistmoth.

Now back to Coral/Luck for a several hundred times.