PDA

View Full Version : Game lagging almost can't play on android

elektraalpha
08-27-15, 09:48 AM
The last update today. Can't play, since it's so lagging. Connection lost and took so long on working something.

I'm using z3 with lolipop android. The game worked fine before update and now I can't play.
And yes, tried all force stop, delete cache and now delete the app and reinstall. Get the same result.

keg63
08-27-15, 07:17 PM
Same here.

elektraalpha
08-27-15, 08:14 PM
And now I can't connect to the game.

SakuraShima
08-28-15, 12:42 AM
It lags so much. Also I can't buy the new habitat. Now I can't get it cos the sale will end today. Everytime I try to place it the game crashes. It's ridiculous.

Emma3B
08-28-15, 03:46 AM
The game is so slow with the new update, I can't do anything in the game it takes forever to just scroll around my island. Is this happening to anyone else?

mbyte68
08-28-15, 03:54 AM
was bad b4 the update with the allllways crashing and became unplayable on my BTC Flame now its even worse :( needs badly optermised this does kinda crazy a game like this runs worse then playing GTA 3 and thats full 3d world SMH!! my tab acts like a 1 core with this not a quad core

tigershelton
08-28-15, 08:40 AM
I don't understand why no one from the company reads these posts. They are certainly willing to take our money: they should fix issues just as willingly. They should respond. My game is lagging so badly I can't play.

elektraalpha
08-28-15, 08:50 AM
Add screenshots.

[S8] Elsa
08-28-15, 10:17 AM
Can you please try reinstalling the game? After you reinstall, open the game for a few minutes over wifi so you can fully download all of the images. We recently made improvements on the server-side that may help with out of memory errors.

Emma3B
08-28-15, 11:56 AM
Elsa;1164831']Can you please try reinstalling the game? After you reinstall, open the game for a few minutes over wifi so you can fully download all of the images. We recently made improvements on the server-side that may help with out of memory errors.
Thanks for responding Elsa but that didn't work, its still painfully slow to move around and it takes forever to collect from the habitats

elektraalpha
08-28-15, 06:34 PM
*snort* Even mods or admins can't reply this case.

jiuyuelin
08-29-15, 03:42 AM
You are not single.I have the same problem.I had tried reinstalling the game,but did not work.The game is so slow that I can not do anything.

p.s if there are grammar problems in sentence,please do not blame me. I am not good at English.

Madsilly
08-29-15, 06:49 AM
Same issue, within past week game just jumps all over, can't play anything on it. Takes too long to open too.

DeeDe99
08-31-15, 01:48 AM
I am on a Galaxy S 6 Android and having no problems as far as response or crashes. I installed the Country Picnic version - don't have old versions

Dragosle
08-31-15, 07:40 AM
Well I've just downloaded the new updated original DS app from Google store on my main device. My impression about it is it took a bit longer to load into the game and require a stronger and more stable internet signal (or else I keep getting the "Please check your internet connection" notice despite I already connected to the net =_=). But once you already got in, it load the image quite fast and also the dragon movement seem a bit smoother. Scrolling around the island seem pretty much the same as the old version.

Haven't checked on other things like the Arena since I stick to the Country Picnic version until the latest tournament ended yesterday. I heard that many encountered the repeated-battle bug from the last tournament though. There could be a few more bugs so my advice is you shouldn't delete the old version quite just yet.

DeeDe99
08-31-15, 09:47 PM
What is your internet connection bandwidth like? Could that be a contributing factor?

I notice when I go to the islands of those on higher levels (like level 150) the screen takes longer to "draw" the display, so I think this game is quite greedy on the upload/download.

Mythdefied
09-01-15, 12:38 AM
I have both versions installed right now. The new one is nearly unplayable. I managed to get the Noble Crystal, but can't use it because the game won't stay connected. I was also able to start expanding. I'll confine my play to the picnic version for now.

elektraalpha
09-01-15, 06:39 AM
The game *did* work fine before this update. Let say they did wonky on porting to android AGAIN.

elektraalpha
09-01-15, 06:41 AM
Also I play games that use data, resource more than this game and have no problem with them. So you see what problem is.

dragonspearls
09-01-15, 09:06 AM
Elsa;1164831']Can you please try reinstalling the game? After you reinstall, open the game for a few minutes over wifi so you can fully download all of the images. We recently made improvements on the server-side that may help with out of memory errors.

Tried that. It took 3+ minutes for the notification, event and value pack icons to download. At the 5 minute mark, I was still waiting for all of my dragons to download. I didn't even bother checking to see if the quest post, arena, stable, and all habitats had downloaded because of the horrendous lag.

Additional Issues:
1) While I couldn't see or buy the Noble Crystal in Country Picnic, I could see and request maps for the new expansions.
2) I can only use the Noble Crystal effect of leveling dragons to 15 in the basic DS and not in Country Picnic.

<sigh> Very good progress in creating parity between iOs and Android, but very poor execution between the lagging and inconsistency of using new items across versions. If S8 would fix the lag issue (which has been present for MONTHS - ever since the first "parity" version for Android came out) and fix/change whatever is preventing the Noble Crystal from being used in current versions such as Country Picnic, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure others would too.

As it stands now, because of the extreme lagging in basic DS I will not be leveling any dragons above 10. The lag makes the game unplayable, unenjoyable and downright frustrating. I will continue to use Country Picnic and upcoming new versions until these issues are fixed because I just don't need the headaches and frustration.

Mythdefied
09-01-15, 02:27 PM
Can't connect at all today. The picnic version loads fine, but the original one can't find the obvious internet connection.

At least I connected long enough yesterday to get a champ to level 15. Would've liked to have done Angel today.

Xyn25
09-01-15, 02:37 PM
Can't connect at all today. The picnic version loads fine, but the original one can't find the obvious internet connection.

At least I connected long enough yesterday to get a champ to level 15. Would've liked to have done Angel today.

The connection problem is what I've been experiencing on and off since Android got the Battle Arena and many iOS features earlier this year. The version I have now works fine most of the time so I think I'll wait to update.

redstar177
09-01-15, 07:24 PM
I am SO HAPPY that TL decided to give the new features to Android! I just really hope they include the Dragon Tales.

However, for the time being, I am still playing on Country Picnic, and only open the original DS (with the new features) if I need to expand or feed a dragon higher than 10.

redstar177
09-01-15, 09:21 PM
Yay! They just released a new update for this version in the Play Store. It seems to have fixed all the bugs! :D :D :D
Thank you TL for restoring parity (more or less- still waiting to see if we get the Dragon Tales)

Emma3B
09-02-15, 05:33 AM
Thank you so much. The upgrade is perfect! :)

inesat
09-03-15, 07:52 AM
Really liking the new features and the speedy fix for the bugs!

Mythdefied
09-03-15, 06:57 PM
It works now! I'm so happy with the new update!

freshfunin2008
09-04-15, 09:01 AM
It would seem perhaps they rushed this change to Android and now you have to deal not only with non parity but TL rushing a solution out that wasn't tested thoroughly.

loranna23
09-04-15, 12:14 PM
So does this now work when open through country picnic? Usually when a new updated game comes out, l install it and remove the previous game. So now do we need to keep the original game and the latest update game installed?