PDA

View Full Version : Storm8 CHANGING PUZZLE PAL ability mid-game!!!!

yorkeme
08-27-15, 08:58 AM
:mad:My fellow Diamond Quest friends, I am steaming mad right now. I can't believe that Storm8 has gone in and CHANGED the ability of the puzzle pal Anubis mid-game!!!!

Here are the two descriptions for this Pal. I am speechless!! How do you feel about this?

23235 This is screenshot of Anubis PRIOR to my report of the problem that Anubis was no longer CLEARING one light box after matching 19 yellow gems.

23236 This is a screen shot from today when I noticed that Anubis was still only CHARGING one light box instead of CLEARING IT!

I guess this means they can go in at any time and change the ability of ANY puzzle pal. I wonder if they have already done this for other puzzle pals too???!!!!!

I am contemplating deleting this game. Some of you have never spent a dime playing this game and that's great for you. I, on the other hand, HAVE bought gold from Storm8 for purposes of completing my puzzle pal collections and for the purposes of extending my game play lives! I am feeling robbed by Storm8!

I feel that the only right and honorable thing to do would be for Storm8 to restore the ability of Anubis, and any other puzzle pals they have done this to, to it's original ability! Please show your support here!

Emily / yorkeme

winklepops
08-28-15, 01:02 AM
I'm lost Emily... what's the difference with clearing and charging? As I understand, you would match 19 yellow gems and one of those light boxes would light up. Would this be defined as clearing or charging?

Please explain to my simple mind...!

Anyuszko
08-28-15, 01:40 AM
I also do not see any difference. Those pals were just lighting up one box, and not deleting it from the board.

yorkeme
08-28-15, 01:53 AM
I'm lost Emily... what's the difference with clearing and charging? As I understand, you would match 19 yellow gems and one of those light boxes would light up. Would this be defined as clearing or charging?

Please explain to my simple mind...!

This screen shot is of Stage 151.

"Charging" a light box makes only 1 of the multiple boxes on the board to light up.

"Clearing" a light box would make all of the boxes on the board light up which in turn "clears" one of your light box goals in the goal box, it reduces the goal by 1.

If it was a stage that didn't have a goal box, clearing would give you the points toward defeating your monster, by making all light boxes on the game board light up. "Charging" would only light 1 box on the board at a time and you wouldn't get your attack points until all light boxes on the game board are lit up.

Most of the newer stages don't have the light boxes, so it's been a while since I have played stages with them in it. Since I am now going back to 3 star previous stages of the game, I noticed that Anubis wasn't "clearing" 1 light box goal once the 19 yellow gems were cleared. Prior to this however, when I used Anubis in any stage, once the 19 yellow gems were cleared, the yellow bomb would get put out in the game board, all the light boxes would light up, and my goal would be reduced by 1 inside the goal box or I would be given the attack points on stages without the goals box.

I know this is confusing but I hope this helps you and anyone else understand the difference and also why this makese so frustrated. It's a huge difference between only charging one light box of many vs. getting them all to charge at the same time, this clearing 1 goal.

If if you wouldn't mind, please let me know if my explanation is sufficient. I happy to attempt to add further explanations and examples of you need me to.

Also, thank you for taking the time to read my post and for being interested enough to ask me to clarify.

Kind regards, Emily / yorkeme

yorkeme
08-28-15, 02:03 AM
I also do not see any difference. Those pals were just lighting up one box, and not deleting it from the board.
Anyuszko, clearing as it relates to the light boxes does not "remove" them from the board. Clearing the lights is when all light boxes on the board are lit up thus fulfilling 1 of your light box goals in the goal box. Charging only lights them up, one at a time, or in the case of Tiki Tiki Tom light them up 2 at a time.

I hope that this plus my answer to winklepops helps to explain my frustration. If not, please let me know and I will add further descriptions of what I am talking about.

Thank you you for taking the time to read my post and to ask for clarification.

kind regards, Emily / yorkeme

Anyuszko
08-28-15, 02:34 AM
Ok thanks now I understand it. I have never had your pal, only a charging (common) one not remember the name of it. Now I understand your frustration. However now it seems that you had a pal which was "too powerful" (it is still powerful, beause gives a bomb plus charges one box), perhaps not designed being so powerful.

winklepops
08-28-15, 02:38 AM
Hi Emily,

Your explanation does make sense, but I never realised that it charged all of the light boxes on the screen, I've always been under the impression that it charges just one.

But I was probably not paying attention properly!

Hope you get some clarification from storm8.

pcsgal
08-28-15, 04:38 AM
My Anubis only ever charged one. that is so odd! I would have loved him to clear! Do any of your others clear?

Anyuszko
08-28-15, 04:50 AM
Emily, are you ABSOLUTELY sure that your pal ever charged all boxes?

Perhaps, it is only a typo now, so the pal does the same, Storm8 just changed the description (text)?

yorkeme
08-28-15, 06:30 AM
Emily, are you ABSOLUTELY sure that your pal ever charged all boxes?

Perhaps, it is only a typo now, so the pal does the same, Storm8 just changed the description (text)?

Anyuszko, I am 99.9% certain that Anubis did "clear" a light box once 19 yellow gems cleared. Any stage that had the light boxes, I only ever used Anubis since his ability was to clear instead of charging one box at a time. I don't recall the specific stage numbers but I do recall stages where the game board lights were in locations that could only be lit by a puzzle pal or line blaster and specifically remember those stages where Anubis was enormous help to get past the stage by clearing the set for the goal.

When it stopped working like the original description of "clearing" the lights, storm8 said "they were aware of the problem". I posted screen shots of ALL the puzzle pals with the light box ability in my post in Bugs & issues. A few days later, I get the message that the problem has been fixed. At the very least, storm8 should have explained that they only changed the written description of Anubis instead of repairing the game / puzzle pal to its former ability.

I didn't even "read" the Anubis description until several days later. It was then that I discovered that his ability description had been changed from "clears" to "charges".

I am not the kind of person to make a mountain out of a mole hill, I promise. It was all just so sketchy to me 1st they say "they are aware of the problem", then they write to me in both email format and on the bugs and issues thread that the problem has been solved and make no mention of the fact that in their eyes they merely changed a description of a puzzle Powell and didn't fix its ability that was broken.

IDK, SMH. LOL

yorkeme
08-28-15, 06:35 AM
My Anubis only ever charged one. that is so odd! I would have loved him to clear! Do any of your others clear?
No pcsgal, Anubis was the only one that cleared. All the others with that ability performed exactly as described which is to say they charged one light box at a time. I apologize for this but I feel I must ask you what Anyuszko asked me. Are you 100% certain that Anubis only charged one light box at a time?

yorkeme
08-28-15, 06:49 AM
My apologies....I miss spoke. I went back to the bugs and issues thread and on 8/12 they DID say the ability description was changed to match the others in the game. I had major surgery on the 13th so I most likely wasn't altogether "there" when I read the thread reply. It was the emails that first said they were aware of the problem, and then wrote back to say it was resolved with no further explanation. Wanted to clear up my mistake.

jim23cash
08-28-15, 07:02 AM
I don't believe it is fair to go back and reduce the abilities of puzzle pals once we have them. It is especially bad if you paid to upgrade. Since you don't get to choose which one upgrades, if you wanted to upgrade that one, you might have paid for many chances. S8, don't change things after we have been playing this long. That's Tacky. We are not paid testers, we are paying customers. Do your testing on your own dime.

FrozenTurtle
08-28-15, 10:19 AM
Hi all, just wanted to clarify that the ability has not changed. It was brought to our attention that the text was not consistent, so we've simply corrected that. Anubis is still as great as ever! :)

yorkeme
08-28-15, 10:47 AM
Hi all, just wanted to clarify that the ability has not changed. It was brought to our attention that the text was not consistent, so we've simply corrected that. Anubis is still as great as ever! :)

from my experience from using this puzzle pal, the ability AND the description changed mid game.

Heleckie
08-29-15, 06:08 PM
Sorry if Im in the wrong thread but i cant find the answer to my question in the Help section of the game. What are those white round crystal balls and how do I clear them? I dont even know what they are called lol

pcsgal
08-29-15, 06:24 PM
I had major surgery on the 13th so I most likely wasn't altogether "there" when I read the thread reply. It was the emails that first said they were aware of the problem, and then wrote back to say it was resolved with no further explanation. Wanted to clear up my mistake.

Yorkeme, I hope you are on the mend! For you and everyone who has a health issue, or are caring for those that do, I hope we all bring some lightness to your day!

belbyrae
08-31-15, 08:37 PM
They are potions. You can clear them by switching with any gem you want. For example: if you switch the potion ball with a red gem, every red gem on the board would clear. The potion ball is especially helpful if you swap it with a line blaster gem. It turns every color of that specific line blaster, into a line blaster as well.

yorkeme
09-02-15, 05:39 AM
Yorkeme, I hope you are on the mend! For you and everyone who has a health issue, or are caring for those that do, I hope we all bring some lightness to your day!pcsgal, thank you for your kind words! They mean a great deal to me, perhaps more than you might know. You and others here DO bring brightness to my day! I love that we can come here and offer support to each other, both in and outside the game! I start my physical therapy today. This is both good news in that I will begin the path of regaining movement and bad news in that my pain levels will be elevated again. The pain will totally be worth the gain! LOL

Simdiva
04-15-16, 08:39 PM
I noticed something the other day with regards to this. I have both Anubis and Salem with Salem upgraded to level two. On a level I was on at the time, it appeared the light boxes would charge but I was not getting credit. However, I noticed later that I finally got credit with both or with a blaster as long as the area around the charger and its partner was clear. Ie no weights or blocks. Then they seemed to register with no difficulty. Is this possibly related to your issue. I have never noticed Anubis clearing the entire board and have been using him for a while now. I had him long before Salem and he was my second rare I believe.