PDA

View Full Version : What's old is new again??

princessimogen
08-26-15, 03:59 PM
Is there a new event today??

I'm level 49.

My game suddenly repopulated with what looks like a huge list of every goal I already completed (e.g. Hi, I'm Frans, Connect to Facebook, Parts needed, etc.), but nothing new. The last new goals are the Alaskan cruise and Rich in Flavor.

I rebooted the game and my device and neither helped. I really hope we don't have to do these goals again.

edit(KP)

Sorry for the confusion! We've recently updated a set of early goals. This means some of you will get a new set of those early goals, but as you've noticed, you get a chance to collect your rewards again! Enjoy! :)

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully we won't need to do this again in the future, but I've shared your concerns with the game team.

melis007
08-26-15, 04:08 PM
Me too!!!

Nessell
08-26-15, 04:21 PM
Same here....seem to be getting the coins and exp rewards for the goals i have already completed so I'm not complaining!

xxangelmariexxx
08-26-15, 04:23 PM
whats up with all the new tasks? Looks like about 20 or so just popped up out of know where

princessimogen
08-26-15, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I just don't want to cook lower level items again and the expansion goals will take forever. I am saving parts for expansion 20!

FrozenTurtle
08-26-15, 04:32 PM
Sorry for the confusion! We've recently updated a set of early goals. This means some of you will get a new set of those early goals, but as you've noticed, you get a chance to collect your rewards again! Enjoy! :)

Blazin_Betty
08-26-15, 04:37 PM
Yeah, and they're ones we've done already. Too weird.

xxangelmariexxx
08-26-15, 04:38 PM
Yeah, and they're ones we've done already. Too weird.

Yea I thought so too. But I'll take the free cash and experience points lol

princessimogen
08-26-15, 04:41 PM

Well thanks for the reply but completing goals like making sugar cookies that use high in demand and long wait time items like sugar is a pain for 20exp pts when I have 86K beyond level 49. Also having to make items already mastered for low reward is a pain. I wish the game would stop moving the goal posts, e.g. Mastered recipes then changed to three star mastery, finished goals and then give same goals again.

FrozenTurtle
08-26-15, 04:59 PM
Well thanks for the reply but completing goals like making sugar cookies that use high in demand and long wait time items like sugar is a pain for 20exp pts when I have 86K beyond level 49. Also having to make items already mastered for low reward is a pain. I wish the game would stop moving the goal posts, e.g. Mastered recipes then changed to three star mastery, finished goals and then give same goals again.

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully we won't need to do this again in the future, but I've shared your concerns with the game team.

mamareader02
08-26-15, 05:06 PM
Yeah,I don't want to re do all those goals when I've already mastered them!:(

ariffraff
08-26-15, 05:11 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who was ambushed by these old goals. I clicked through what I could. I'll probably knock out the rest just to clear my list after the cruise.

cquinn32
08-26-15, 06:31 PM
Please take these goals away!! I've worked hard to keep my goals all checked off and now they've just made it a mess. Can't think of anything less exciting than doing a bunch of goals I've already done months ago.

fantaloonastic
08-26-15, 07:22 PM
I for one...am dancing with joy! This is speeding things up significantly, without lifting more than a finger I'm suddenly level 30

sushi0606
08-26-15, 07:27 PM
I'm at level 49 as well. I personally am not against redoing goals, but I do agree with princessimogen. Redoing goals that take up so much sugar when the pay off is so tiny is really frustrating. I also agree something really needs to be done about the lack sugar due to 2 hour wait time and multiple challenges demanding multiple dishes all containing sugar.

fantaloonastic
08-26-15, 07:39 PM
I'm just letting those goals sit for now, I hate the full to do list but not going to wast sugar right now. I'll get to that later or space things out so the burden isn't so big. Being level 30 though, I'm sure it's far less frustrating than when you're at the highest levels. I've been saving this entire event for the stupid commercial range oven so the extra $$ are welcome even though it's not that much

princessimogen
08-26-15, 07:56 PM
The steak (hamburger) and bitterballen ones are annoying me too, especially the bitterballen one which means that the chain of goals is still there, in that, I finished some other old goal and the bitterballen one popped up. I'm hoping no news ones that are part of a chain pop up :(. I forget which ones triggered a new related goal. It's ridiculous when I already mastered bitterballen and now I'm doing the goal chain again, the current part requiring 12 steaks and 12 hours.

The worst for me are still the expansion goals. I am still 19 parts (blue prints and hammers) from my next expansion - 20 :(.

I don't understand why some goals couldn't be marked as completed when they were doing the new programming. How much did they change with the goals?? I hope it was worth it for them.

ghjvcucjb
08-26-15, 08:08 PM
I for one, am enjoying all the free coins and quick services! Thanks TL.

Wish we could fix the bug. I'm barely finishing each day and that includes waking up at night to try and process things. Not hopeful for the last two days.

nmishii
08-26-15, 08:49 PM
I am rather annoyed by the same goals being released. If you could put the old goals at the bottom of the list it wouldn't be bad. I've already mastered most of the recipes and don't want to cook them again, unless for new goals.

Are these supposed to be the "dozens of new quests" that are listed in the last release? Or will we see new quests soon? If these are the "dozens of new quests" then that's really a lie.

From iTunes:

What's New in Version 1.7.4

-Complete dozens of new quests to polish your restaurant into a Five Star Destination!
-Daily Quest Challenges are coming soon!
-Batch of Bug Fixes

dalexxx
08-26-15, 09:28 PM
Im with you guys, im already at level 49. I like the set of goals, but i don't feel like serving a mastered recipe.

Another thing is that the expansion, ive just recently expanded twice in a row with the materials ive hoarded from CID. Then this set of goals came up, asking me to expand again. The higher the expansion, the higher the requirements. Guess ill be seeing that goal for a long time. >:(

On my case, im wishing it would be something like expand to expansion 10, 11, 12 so forth. As I am already at somewhere in that expansions. that way I would've finished the goal in a tap.

littledarc3
08-26-15, 09:55 PM
I am rather annoyed by the same goals being released. If you could put the old goals at the bottom of the list it wouldn't be bad. I've already mastered most of the recipes and don't want to cook them again, unless for new goals.

Are these supposed to be the "dozens of new quests" that are listed in the last release? Or will we see new quests soon? If these are the "dozens of new quests" then that's really a lie.

From iTunes:

What's New in Version 1.7.4

-Complete dozens of new quests to polish your restaurant into a Five Star Destination!
-Daily Quest Challenges are coming soon!
-Batch of Bug Fixes

Yeah. I will be upset if these are the "new quests" and level 49 doesn't even get access to daily quests.

orleansparish
08-26-15, 10:06 PM
I thought I was the only one too, who had an invasion of goals pop up. Are these supposed to be for newer players, like the ones from RS? Theyre annoying and my ocd is making my eyes itch. I like that section to be clear of foolishness. Especially things I can easily do but cant because all of my appliances are tied up to the current alaska goal.

orleansparish
08-26-15, 10:07 PM
If they want to do something new and nice, how about allowing us more counters!

sunshine257
08-27-15, 12:12 AM
I am totally enjoying "redoing" the old challenges. Lotsa lovely blue stars. And the coins never go astray. Thank you for doing this.

Kirrawynne
08-27-15, 12:47 AM
I'm with the minority I guess. I appreciate the opportunity to earn some extra coin and stars at the moment.

princessimogen
08-27-15, 12:48 AM
Ugh. The initial list of old goals is not where it ends. :mad: Getting more old ones that are triggered by completing other old goals. This is going to be annoying if we have to go through all or most of the goals again. Just hit 87,000 exp pts above the level 49 mark.

princessimogen
08-27-15, 03:18 AM
in my case, im wishing it would be something like expand to expansion 10, 11, 12 so forth. As I am already at somewhere in that expansions. that way I would've finished the goal in a tap.

This is a brilliant idea. There are 3 rebooted expansion-related goals that I'm guessing will be fulfilled with 1 expansion since they're all listed at the same time. Now if I don't reach expansion 20 (and I don't need a restaurant that large!), I'll have 3 uncompleted goals which I DID COMPLETE BEFORE sitting there forever.

jandtandn
08-27-15, 05:42 AM
Add me to the annoyed list. Having to go through all of the old goals to see the new ones is irritating. I just paid for an expansion before these were rebooted and it doesn't count.

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
08-27-15, 05:54 AM

I really don't mind serving a few dishes here and there to get rid of them again. However here is one that does annoy me.
The Facebook connect is also back. Last time I used 25 gems to get rid of it and unlock the cheese fondue recipe and now that thing is back on my list again with an option to skip for 25 gems :mad: I want that gone without having to skip it. And no I am not going to set up a Facebook account to link it. I hate Facebook :mad:

princessimogen
08-27-15, 07:08 AM
I really don't mind serving a few dishes here and there to get rid of them again. However here is one that does annoy me.
The Facebook connect is also back. Last time I used 25 gems to get rid of it and unlock the cheese fondue recipe and now that thing is back on my list again with an option to skip for 25 gems :mad: I want that gone without having to skip it. And no I am not going to set up a Facebook account to link it. I hate Facebook :mad:

That's terrible. They need to give you back your gems so you can use them to skip that goal again. I was thinking that this was especially unfair to anyone who used gems to get through some of the goals :(.

princessimogen
08-27-15, 07:10 AM
Exactly. I have to acquire and spend 20 blueprints, $1,040,000, 12 hammers and 9 shovels for expansion 20 :( to get rid of those goals again. I was going to try to expand my markets next but I hate having unfinished goals. Oh, but I'll get $500 back so TOTALLY WORTH IT. ;) :rolleyes::confused:

[this was in response to cfhebjh....]

enaid03
08-27-15, 07:25 AM
This is a brilliant idea. There are 3 rebooted expansion-related goals that I'm guessing will be fulfilled with 1 expansion since they're all listed at the same time. Now if I don't reach expansion 20 (and I don't need a restaurant that large!), I'll have 3 uncompleted goals which I DID COMPLETE BEFORE sitting there forever.

I've been sitting at my latest expansion for months...shovels do not drop for me. I am at zero, yet I delete a dozen parts a day because there is nothing to do without shovels.

Perhaps they could expand the max pantry size or the drop rate of rarer items.

So now I will have these expansion goals sitting there.

princessimogen
08-27-15, 12:20 PM
I've been sitting at my latest expansion for months...shovels do not drop for me. I am at zero, yet I delete a dozen parts a day because there is nothing to do without shovels.

Perhaps they could expand the max pantry size or the drop rate of rarer items.

So now I will have these expansion goals sitting there.

Sorry to hear that. I wish I could give you some of mine.

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
08-27-15, 02:31 PM
Exactly. I have to acquire and spend 20 blueprints, $1,040,000, 12 hammers and 9 shovels for expansion 20 :( to get rid of those goals again. I was going to try to expand my markets next but I hate having unfinished goals. Oh, but I'll get $500 back so TOTALLY WORTH IT. ;) :rolleyes::confused:

[this was in response to cfhebjh....]

That sounds like a solid investment /end sarcasm.

Luckily my restaurant is tiny and my next expansion is only expansion 10 even though I am at level 46.
I still feel the pain of that as I have been giving much more priority to expanding the different stores and spending coins on buying a second appliance of many things as these events and especially the cruise event is so much easier with 2 of each rather then spending the 200 something gems each time to get an extra caterer that only stays for that particular cruise.

I too dont like unfinished quests so I will work my way through them again eventually. However the Facebook one is super annoying. It should recognise that I previously unlocked cheese fondue and just skip it all together. I am definitely not happy I need to either skip it with 25 gems yet again or set up an FB account.

infinitelove19
08-27-15, 04:04 PM
I am not happy with these goals showing up again. On both of my level 34 accounts, all of the rewards meant quickly levelling up & now the cruise will be asking me for stuff I haven't unlocked yet. Not good!

jdgrozda
08-27-15, 09:07 PM
I agree about the Facebook challenge. So annoying that this one popped up after already having completed it. It should definitely recognize if the cheese fondue is unlocked so it disappears...hopefully we can get some help on this one? I'm fine with completing the rest of the challenges again, but would really appreciate this one gone!

Bette3900
08-29-15, 02:50 AM
I agree about the Facebook challenge. So annoying that this one popped up after already having completed it. It should definitely recognize if the cheese fondue is unlocked so it disappears...hopefully we can get some help on this one? I'm fine with completing the rest of the challenges again, but would really appreciate this one gone!

I am with you on this one. Really not pleased.

StarThrower2
08-29-15, 02:05 PM
Add me to the list of really annoyed over the re-addition of the old goals.

orleansparish
09-07-15, 08:57 PM
I have a stupid goal for apples. I already have unlocked them and the goal is frozen. Not recognizing it or anything. I shouldn't care but I have really bad OCD at times and it's driving me nuts! I don't even go there anymore and am refraining from looking to the left at all, when I log onto the game. Instead of creating event, after event, goal after goal, how about focusing on elements already within the game and making them better? This is beyond annoying and if I have another 20 new goals pop up I'm going to scream!

The only reason I bothered with some of them is because I really wanted the fountain. Second being, I don't like clutter. Not even on my goal list. It's silly.

debrasbistro
09-08-15, 04:08 AM
I feel like I've been at level 49 for almost a year now. Why not just let some of us move on instead of all this rehashing. How about finally giving us a level 50? Without the chance to move on, everything seems rather meaningless.