PDA

View Full Version : Pool Party Event - August 27th - IOS Only

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Keddy30103
09-01-15, 10:37 AM
I don't have the mine and don't want it. Does this mean I can't play in the event?

OldTimer63
09-01-15, 11:34 AM
Where do you find the whistles? I hope it isn't one of the buildings I don't have!!!

judyandthecat
09-01-15, 11:46 AM
Where do you find the whistles? I hope it isn't one of the buildings I don't have!!!

Day 1 - Pool Ball - collect from kitchen
Day 2 - Sunglasses - collect from chickens
Day 3 - towel - collect from deep fryer
Day 4 - suntan lotion - collect from chocolatier
Day 5 - whistle - collect from bakery
Day 6 - collect from sheep
Day 7 - collect from orange trees
Day 8 - collect from making plane deliveries
Day 9 - collect from fishing with special summer bait
Day 10 - collect from miming so save your shovels and pickaxes!

judyandthecat
09-01-15, 11:49 AM
I don't have the mine and don't want it. Does this mean I can't play in the event?

You can do the beginning goals without the event item from the mine.

In order to turn in collections though you would need the pool shack to make the item from the mine or you would have to expand to the mine.

The pet pig can only be won by turning in collections at the collection gallery though.

judyandthecat
09-01-15, 11:50 AM
Judy/Rynetory2

It may be an idea to put something in the first page to let people know that they should not complete goals unless they know they don't need the collectibles to complete collections.

Ok putting this right under Kooky's message in the first post!

vickyville14
09-01-15, 12:19 PM
I am on lvl 37; I can only have 5 orange trees. Hopefully that will be enough for the collections. I am saving up oranges now. It will really suck to get stuck because of that!

LuvsHorror
09-01-15, 12:31 PM
Haha, just got the turtle. Wow, 7 collections and no repeats.

I am still making biscuits, eggs, bread, french fries, and will be selling cotton and oranges as much as I can. Good luck everyone!

jdgrozda
09-01-15, 12:33 PM
I hate that the prize is left up to chance :( I really want the turtle, but I was so disappointed when I didn't get the pink bow bunny. To work really hard AND use gems and still not be guaranteed the ultimate prize really blows :/

Keddy30103
09-01-15, 12:36 PM
Thanks Judyandthecat. I did get the pool house and am crafting/converting things.

LuvsHorror
09-01-15, 01:34 PM
Oh funny turtle! You tap him and he hides in his shell. I named him Otis.

PookieBear50
09-01-15, 01:40 PM
I am on lvl 37; I can only have 5 orange trees. Hopefully that will be enough for the collections. I am saving up oranges now. It will really suck to get stuck because of that!

Although saving your oranges may not be a bad idea, I think the point here is collecting from the trees, not simply turning in oranges.

vickyville14
09-01-15, 02:24 PM
Although saving your oranges may not be a bad idea, I think the point here is collecting from the trees, not simply turning in oranges.

Nothing else I can do :( At lvl 37, I am limited to 5 orange trees.

bozotc19
09-01-15, 02:37 PM
Wtf....I can collect from anything....but not the animals. I have rebooted 3 times, anybody else have this proble!

avian946
09-01-15, 03:15 PM
Ooooo how promising!! Collected from my 12 sheep and got 8 pairs of sandals! I'm liking the drop rate so far!

Fasendaminha
09-01-15, 04:06 PM
The turtle comes with the sand castle and that is his habitat! Outstanding!

Ohhh that is just sweet... I MUST have it!!!! :) :)

PookieBear50
09-01-15, 04:34 PM
Nothing else I can do :( At lvl 37, I am limited to 5 orange trees.

Sorry, let me clarify. I meant that although the quest MAY require giving oranges to Morgan, it is needing to collect from the orange trees (not the oranges themselves) that is important.

Just as collecting eggs was important for Morgan's 3rd quest, so was collecting the sunglasses from the chickens at the same time. It is the pool party items you might collect from the oranges that is more important than the oranges themselves. While having more trees might improve your chances, it is also possible that 5 trees will be all you need to complete that goal (when it unlocks).

I know that's a little unclear...but basically, it's what ELSE you might get when collecting from the orange trees that's important, not how many trees you have or how many oranges you get.

vickyville14
09-01-15, 05:35 PM
Sorry, let me clarify. I meant that although the quest MAY require giving oranges to Morgan, it is needing to collect from the orange trees (not the oranges themselves) that is important.

Just as collecting eggs was important for Morgan's 3rd quest, so was collecting the sunglasses from the chickens at the same time. It is the pool party items you might collect from the oranges that is more important than the oranges themselves. While having more trees might improve your chances, it is also possible that 5 trees will be all you need to complete that goal (when it unlocks).

I know that's a little unclear...but basically, it's what ELSE you might get when collecting from the orange trees that's important, not how many trees you have or how many oranges you get.

Thanks for the information. I will try and see how it goes!

dianeupside
09-01-15, 09:19 PM
Are Ores the silver or dark rocks.... or both?

judyandthecat
09-01-15, 10:22 PM
Are Ores the silver or dark rocks.... or both?

There are three ores
Silver
Iron
Gold

generalmadness
09-01-15, 10:54 PM
Three collections so far, and I officially do not need any more yellow umbrellas. Haha! You just never know with these things!

Mitzi111
09-02-15, 12:35 AM
I jumped into the event late. I see on the first page that goal 3 predicted 75 fries? Can anyone confirm that? or was this event diff?

vjd007
09-02-15, 12:41 AM
I jumped into the event late. I see on the first page that goal 3 predicted 75 fries? Can anyone confirm that? or was this event diff?

Yes, one of goals needed 75 fries, along with 200 eggs.

Mitzi111
09-02-15, 12:46 AM
Yes, one of goals needed 75 fries, along with 200 eggs.

OH I see it now. THANKS vjd007! I couldn't see the fries in the goal on my ipad because it was the last thing on that list and I didn't know I needed to scroll down.

Sandybellee
09-02-15, 03:10 AM
I'm still doing this event although I almost quit. The towels started dropping pretty well after a while. I'm having the hardest time getting sun lotion at the moment. Considering getting the pool shag but still waiting for it to go on sale. I've been collecting gems to buy a pony and I'm almost there, so not sure if I'm willing to let go of so many gems. I've been doing the goals because I noticed that the drop rate gets better after I've completed a goal.
The iron ore will be the hardest part because I'm one of the players who can't but ores in Sweet Retreat although I can mine for them and sell them.

minidemon88
09-02-15, 03:21 AM
I stopped at goal #3. Didn't see any point in continuing doing goals, since there's no pet reward at the end. Not gonna waste my collectibles on the goals.

I did went ahead and bought the pool shack. Not sure if it will be on sales few days later, but seeing how the event is so short and you need time to craft the collectible too. So it's better to start crafting them earlier. Save the frustration. ;)

Rynetory2
09-02-15, 03:22 AM
I'm still doing this event although I almost quit. The towels started dropping pretty well after a while. I'm having the hardest time getting sun lotion at the moment. Considering getting the pool shag but still waiting for it to go on sale. I've been collecting gems to buy a pony and I'm almost there, so not sure if I'm willing to let go of so many gems. I've been doing the goals because I noticed that the drop rate gets better after I've completed a goal.
The iron ore will be the hardest part because I'm one of the players who can't but ores in Sweet Retreat although I can mine for them and sell them.

Pls read post #4. You can switch back to Birthday version and buy iron.

Just to add. I'm playing using Birthday version and no issues for this event.

dianeupside
09-02-15, 03:27 AM
There are three ores
Silver
Iron
Gold

Thanks ♡

judyandthecat
09-02-15, 04:43 AM
Today's Reminder
Day 7
Orange trees at 5:30 pm eastern daylight savings time.
This is a sixteen hour tree so do not collect it early!

Day 1 - pool ball - collect from kitchen
Day 3 - Beach Towel - collect from deep fryer
Day 4 - Suntan Lotion - collect from chocolatier
Day 6 - flipflop shoes - collect from sheep
Day 7 - snorkel - collect from orange trees
Day 8 - hat - collect from making plane deliveries
Day 9 - water goggles - collect from fishing with special summer bait
Day 10 - swim fins - collect from mining so save your shovels and pickaxes!

Sandybellee
09-02-15, 08:11 AM
I stopped at goal #3. Didn't see any point in continuing doing goals, since there's no pet reward at the end. Not gonna waste my collectibles on the goals.

I did went ahead and bought the pool shack. Not sure if it will be on sales few days later, but seeing how the event is so short and you need time to craft the collectible too. So it's better to start crafting them earlier. Save the frustration. ;)

Good point. It takes a lot of time to convert the items. Hm... I may just go for the truck later today.

Sandybellee
09-02-15, 08:12 AM
Pls read post #4. You can switch back to Birthday version and buy iron.

Just to add. I'm playing using Birthday version and no issues for this event.

Thanks! I guess I should delete Sweet Retreat and go for the b-day version.

GramGram2
09-02-15, 10:08 AM
I got in this late from not understanding. When we were collecting pool balls we were also supposed to "turn in" 60 biscuits. What was the reason? Where do they go? I feel that I was giving them away with nothing in return, so I stoppped. ???

judyandthecat
09-02-15, 11:19 AM
I got in this late from not understanding. When we were collecting pool balls we were also supposed to "turn in" 60 biscuits. What was the reason? Where do they go? I feel that I was giving them away with nothing in return, so I stoppped. ???
If you look at the popup it would show as a reward the pool floats.
You would receive this when you complete the goal which is to give ten pool balls and 60 biscuits.
It is a way to receive some of the decorations.

GramGram2
09-02-15, 12:12 PM
Oh! That makes sense now. Couldn't tell what they were. Thank you very much!

judyandthecat
09-02-15, 02:43 PM
New Goal

Give 3 Pool Sandals
Give 2 snorkels
Give 40 wool
Give 25 oranges

Reward is the pool lounge

Remember to scroll down!

Rynetory2
09-02-15, 02:46 PM
Morgan's Goal 5

generalmadness
09-02-15, 02:49 PM
Oh, MAN. I hoarded WAY too many oranges and wool. I am selling off a ton of both in my shop starting in a few minutes.

In other news, I have gotten ONLY yellow umbrellas for my collections. I now have FIVE. Too funny!

lulu_nuck
09-02-15, 02:55 PM
Drop rate doing ok from oranges. Only have 5 trees and got 3 snorkels

LuvsHorror
09-02-15, 03:19 PM
I hear you, I had 112 oranges leftover. Sold fast. Save the wool for bait.

lnztrekfan
09-02-15, 04:00 PM
I got 4 snorkels out of 5 orange trees! Also I'm selling all goal items in my store if anyone needs any thing just drop by! My id is lnztrekfan first letter is lowercase L. My farm name is La Bella's.

QuirsanFarmsLtd
09-02-15, 05:13 PM
Hey, does anyone know what the summer bait will be made with??

generalmadness
09-02-15, 05:21 PM
Hey, does anyone know what the summer bait will be made with??

No, we are guessing that there will be a metal component and wool, plus maybe carrot? Hard to say.

QuirsanFarmsLtd
09-02-15, 06:05 PM
Aww, thanks so much! lol I thought the fancy bait was summer bait, guess who's selling bait and really big fish!! Haha!☺️

amyangel96
09-02-15, 06:10 PM
I had the gems, so I splurged on the pool shack after a couple days. I should be able to turn in my first collection later tonight!

Am I the only one who doesn't go nuts for the pets? I mean, they drop nice things when you collect from them, and they're super cute wandering around, but I can barely keep the ones I have fed, and they take up so much space! I do think the turtle is cute and I like that he's different than all the cats and dogs, so I do hope I get him, but I really like all the decor. I love decorating the farm for each holiday and season - though I'll probably only leave all this summer stuff up for a couple weeks before breaking out the Halloween decorations.

bss0226
09-02-15, 07:49 PM
I decided to make 4 collections before turning any in. First one I turned in got me the turtle and sand castle. Other 3 got decorations. Lifeguard stand, pool, floats

orleansparish
09-02-15, 09:53 PM

Wait...what? So I spent some gems skipping one part after I finished the eggs and fries section and am on the one where we need wool and oranges. Are you seriously saying we aren't getting the pet? Did they confirm this? That sucks if so. I could have saved my stress, time, effort and money. I don't think this building will go on sale, so I'll see how I do with the deliveries and fishing, before I take the plunge and buy it outright.

GramGram2
09-02-15, 10:55 PM
I decided to make 4 collections before turning any in. First one I turned in got me the turtle and sand castle. Other 3 got decorations. Lifeguard stand, pool, floats

I'm trying to learn this game. This challenge is hard unless you have a lot of animals. But I wanted to ask you what you mean by 'turning in four collections.' I thought we got one piece of the collection each day.

Rynetory2
09-02-15, 11:17 PM
Wait...what? So I spent some gems skipping one part after I finished the eggs and fries section and am on the one where we need wool and oranges. Are you seriously saying we aren't getting the pet? Did they confirm this? That sucks if so. I could have saved my stress, time, effort and money. I don't think this building will go on sale, so I'll see how I do with the deliveries and fishing, before I take the plunge and buy it outright.

Yes Kooky confirmed on no pet thru goal, see page 1. You are better off saving your collection items. The drops from orange tree will take ages to collect since its 16 hrs waiting time. If you are getting the shack at full price, don't wait too long, you already lost 6 days crafting time. Good luck.

Rynetory2
09-02-15, 11:18 PM
I'm trying to learn this game. This challenge is hard unless you have a lot of animals. But I wanted to ask you what you mean by 'turning in four collections.' I thought we got one piece of the collection each day.

Players who bought the pool shack are able to craft the collectibles ahead of their release. See page 1.

judyandthecat
09-02-15, 11:20 PM

If you buy the pool shack then you can turn collections in early.
The pool shack allows you to make event items from items already released.
The cost is 180 gems and you will find it under new in items for sale.

You do get 25 gems back upon buying the shack....if that goal is still available.

Jed's Goal: Down at the Shack
Buy 1 Pool Shack
Reward: 25 gems
Note: This is an optional goal. There is no other goal after this for Jed.

Pool Shack
(Day 1 pool item - you can't craft this. You can only collect from kitchen)
Day 2 pool item - craft using Day 1 item, 15 mins
Day 3 pool item - craft using Day 2 item, 15 mins
Day 4 pool item - craft using Day 3 item, 30 mins
Day 5 pool item - craft using Day 4 item, 30 mins
Day 6 pool item - craft using Day 5 item, 1 hr
Day 7 pool item - craft using Day 6 item, 1 hr
Day 8 pool item - craft using Day 7 item, 1 hr 30 mins
Day 9 pool item - craft using Day 8 item, 1 hr 30 mins
Day 10 pool item - craft using Day 9 item, 3 hrs

judyandthecat
09-03-15, 12:20 AM
Today's Reminder
Day 8
Event item will be released at 5:30 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time
The sun hat will come from making plane deliveries.
Have all your planes ready to fly at that time.
I always discard orders that I cannot find in a neighbours store quickly like truffle items or belts etc.
I do not try to make items for plane deliveries during an event.

Day 1 - pool ball - collect from kitchen
Day 3 - Beach Towel - collect from deep fryer
Day 4 - Suntan Lotion - collect from chocolatier
Day 6 - flipflop shoes - collect from sheep
Day 7 - snorkel - collect from orange trees
Day 8 - hat - collect from making plane deliveries
Day 9 - water goggles - collect from fishing with special summer bait
Day 10 - swim fins - collect from mining so save your shovels and pickaxes!

GramGram2
09-03-15, 01:40 AM
If you buy the pool shack then you can turn collections in early.
The pool shack allows you to make event items from items already released.
The cost is 180 gems and you will find it under new in items for sale.

You do get 25 gems back upon buying the shack....if that goal is still available.

Jed's Goal: Down at the Shack
Buy 1 Pool Shack
Reward: 25 gems
Note: This is an optional goal. There is no other goal after this for Jed.

Pool Shack
(Day 1 pool item - you can't craft this. You can only collect from kitchen)
Day 2 pool item - craft using Day 1 item, 15 mins
Day 3 pool item - craft using Day 2 item, 15 mins
Day 4 pool item - craft using Day 3 item, 30 mins
Day 5 pool item - craft using Day 4 item, 30 mins
Day 6 pool item - craft using Day 5 item, 1 hr
Day 7 pool item - craft using Day 6 item, 1 hr
Day 8 pool item - craft using Day 7 item, 1 hr 30 mins
Day 9 pool item - craft using Day 8 item, 1 hr 30 mins
Day 10 pool item - craft using Day 9 item, 3 hrs

Thank you sooooo much for such a detailed explanation. I truly appreciate it! Good luck 😊

Sandybellee
09-03-15, 04:43 AM
Ok, I bought the shack at full price. So it was 160 gems but since the goal gave me 25 gems back, it ended up costing 135 gems. I really like the decor too and want a chance to get the turtle. Hopefully I didn't make the decision too late.

abyfarm
09-03-15, 05:36 AM
Aww, thanks so much! lol I thought the fancy bait was summer bait, guess who's selling bait and really big fish!! Haha!☺️

Gosh I thought its the same till I saw your message and went crazy making fancy baits ..sigh...I don't have a forge so I hope the bait shop is used to make the summer baits.

Also I am not doing goals anymore I got only 2 goggles , at least I want to turn in 10 collections...I don't want to miss the turtle...

amiableal
09-03-15, 10:56 AM
Restraint, restraint today! I have four delivery window now lit. By the late afternoon activation of delivery for today, they should all be lit. Hard to keep my fingers off of them! Anyone else? This game only occasionally encourages patience, but today does.

CAtMaries
09-03-15, 01:09 PM
Does the Pool Shack become inactive when the event ends?! I just bought mine.

andromedablack
09-03-15, 01:27 PM
In how much time is the next reset for the delivery? I've been stuck with 6 ready deliveries and full barn and things to collect:(

lulu_nuck
09-03-15, 01:31 PM
5:30 PM EST. You'll have to figure it out for where you are at, but about an hour from now 😃

jdgrozda
09-03-15, 02:06 PM
Got all my deliveries set to go! Hoping for a good drop rate :)

LuvsHorror
09-03-15, 02:43 PM
I just won another turtle, but can't put him with the first one, and have no second habitat. Is this a glitch?

kooky panda
09-03-15, 02:45 PM
I just won another turtle, but can't put him with the first one, and have no second habitat. Is this a glitch?
Oh my!! Not sure. I will check on this.

jim23cash
09-03-15, 02:51 PM
I got one hat for first 3 Deliveries. I was hoping for more, but it could be worse. :D Annie

ninasidstorm8
09-03-15, 02:51 PM
I received 4 hats for my first 12 deliveries. So the drop rate doesn't seem to be too bad.

dizzle507
09-03-15, 02:54 PM
i have delivered 8 so far and no hats

judyandthecat
09-03-15, 03:42 PM

Same here says uh oh no sand castle then sends you to buy one but nothing there.

eucom
09-03-15, 03:52 PM
20 deliveries and only 3 hats on my iPad! On my android I received 7 hats on 8 deliveries.

ghjvcucjb
09-03-15, 07:10 PM
No hats from deliveries so far

Allie0105
09-03-15, 09:19 PM
Hi, are you turning in collections early? I turned one in and got a second pool lounge. I'm okay with this but I do loooove the pets. So could you please tell me, in you opinion should I make the missing parts to my collection and turn in as many as possible or wait for the last day after collecting from the individual places? I'm so confused. 😱 Thanks for any advice. 👍

Allie0105
09-03-15, 09:38 PM
Hi, are you turning in collections early? I turned one in and got a second pool lounge. I'm okay with this but I do loooove the pets. So could you please tell me, in you opinion should I make the missing parts to my collection and turn in as many as possible or wait for the last day after collecting from the individual places? I'm so confused. 😱 Thanks for any advice. 👍

xenu8
09-03-15, 10:56 PM
If what you really want is the turtle, you might want to focus on collections because that is the only way to get the turtle.

vjd007
09-03-15, 11:20 PM
Same here says uh oh no sand castle then sends you to buy one but nothing there.

I won the turtle too, with my 5th turn in. However, I got the same message as above. However, after about an hour or so, I got the sandcastle/habitat by itself. So not sure if that is a glitch or it is designed that way.

judyandthecat
09-04-15, 12:41 AM
I won the turtle too, with my 5th turn in. However, I got the same message as above. However, after about an hour or so, I got the sandcastle/habitat by itself. So not sure if that is a glitch or it is designed that way.

Do you mean that you got the sand castle from another turn in from the collections because if so I will put that in the first post.

Sandybellee
09-04-15, 01:28 AM
I turned in my first collection and got a second umbrella. Really should have bought the shack earlier. But this time I'm actually really happy with just the decor too. Of course still hoping to get the turtle.

vjd007
09-04-15, 01:29 AM
Do you mean that you got the sand castle from another turn in from the collections because if so I will put that in the first post.

No, I did not do any other turn-in. I got the habitat by itself, albeit after some time.

Allie0105
09-04-15, 02:21 AM
If what you really want is the turtle, you might want to focus on collections because that is the only way to get the turtle.

When you say "to focus on the collections", does that mean I will get a turtle if I continue to collect from the different areas each of these days (which I have been). I hope so and thanks for the advice.

Rynetory2
09-04-15, 02:40 AM
When you say "to focus on the collections", does that mean I will get a turtle if I continue to collect from the different areas each of these days (which I have been). I hope so and thanks for the advice.

You won't get the turtle from doing goals. You turn in collections in hope of getting a turtle. There is no garantee of turtle as prize from turning in. Think of it as a lucky draw whereby you win the first prize if you're lucky. One in a million as a player said.

judyandthecat
09-04-15, 03:20 AM

Not sure what you are asking..what we mean by collections. Go to your collections gallery and the first tab will be a pair of sunglasses. You collect ten different items from around the farm and they are listed in the second post on the first page. Then you turn in the collection for a random luck prize like you do with the butterflies and moles.
There are nine prizes so every time you turn in a collection you have a one out of nine chances of winning one of the following prizes.

Lifeguard Stand
Pool Villa
Pool Lounge
Sand Castle with the Swimming Turtle
Pool Floats
Party Pool
Pool Umbrella
Pipers Pool
Beach Ball

The thing is the odds will be one out of nine each time you turn in a collection... the game is not going to look to see what you have...
And for all we know the turtle could be one out of a hundred...

LizzyWizzyNL33
09-04-15, 04:31 AM
Anyone know at what level the 5th-8th orange tree gets unlocked?
I believe that is going to be my limiting factor :(

judyandthecat
09-04-15, 06:13 AM
Day 9
The swim goggles will be from the fishing pond.
The item will be released at 5:30 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time
You will have to craft a special summer bait to catch the item.
We do not know what items will be needed yet to craft this bait.
Based on previous events there will likely be an ore from the mine plus wool and who knows what else.
Today's Dilemma is that you best look to see how many pickaxes and shovels you have and before you race into the mine to get the needed ore you sadly need to remember that tomorrow's event item comes from the mine! I have the pool shack so I will make the swim goggles from the hats and wait until tomorrow to mine but that is my strategy and you have to decide what is best for your game. Hopefully everyone got some summer bait from Stormie's Store!

LizzyWizzyNL33
09-04-15, 06:26 AM
Got 45 summer bait ready so not worried about that one.
And managed to unlock the mine yesterday so with 35 pickaxes waiting also confident about that one.
Now if only I had more orange trees...

judyandthecat
09-04-15, 06:32 AM

Sorry I am not sure.

andromedablack
09-04-15, 07:05 AM
Got 45 summer bait ready so not worried about that one.
And managed to unlock the mine yesterday so with 35 pickaxes waiting also confident about that one.
Now if only I had more orange trees...

How did you make the summer baits??? I don't have the option to make summer baits just the other normal baits!!! Why is that? :(

gerrywerry
09-04-15, 07:07 AM
I didn't get any summer bait from Stormie's Store :(

LizzyWizzyNL33
09-04-15, 07:36 AM
I simply bought them all from the market. Stalking there and found quite a few sellers.
Dont believe anyone can manifacture them yet, so Stormie and the market are the only ways to get them.

liliyah007
09-04-15, 08:31 AM
Lizzywizzy I don't know when it increases from 5upto 8 but my baby farm is level 29 and still only 5 orange trees😪

LizzyWizzyNL33
09-04-15, 08:37 AM
Ok thanks for the info!
No use trying to rush levels then, considering Im only level 23 ;-)

eucom
09-04-15, 09:01 AM
Level 38!

eucom
09-04-15, 09:02 AM

Level 38!

LizzyWizzyNL33
09-04-15, 09:06 AM
Awww good to know, not reachable before the end of the event :)

xenu8
09-04-15, 12:07 PM
I simply bought them all from the market. Stalking there and found quite a few sellers.
Dont believe anyone can manifacture them yet, so Stormie and the market are the only ways to get them.

Lol, stormie gave me 2 summer baits, congrats on getting so many!

GramGram2
09-04-15, 12:36 PM
I haven't found a single one yet. Not even from Stormie :(

sloebear
09-04-15, 01:00 PM
Okay, so I'm probably having the opposite problem of everyone else - I used my pool shack to turn in collections early, and out of 8 collections I got 3 turtles! However, I can actually only have one because I didn't get extra sandcastles and they only hold one?

Kooky, pretty please could you ask someone if they can increase the sandcastle capacity like the other habitats or have them buyable? Or even have it so you can only win one so I at least get decorations instead. I was so excited to have my little group of swimmers :(

Edit:

Oh my!! Not sure. I will check on this.

Oops, sorry, didn't see this!

LizzyWizzyNL33
09-04-15, 01:07 PM
I got them all through the market, none via Stormie either.
Just stalk the market and you probably see a few pop up here and there eventually.
With the rate this event is going, I might have to sell a lot too because I lack the item of the orange trees.

LuvsHorror
09-04-15, 01:47 PM
I have about nine baits, from the store. Still waiting to put out my second turtle.

Rayhotchilipepper
09-04-15, 02:34 PM
Summer Bait:

1 iron ore
2 wool
2 flax

3hours, 30minutes

littlebomber2
09-04-15, 02:36 PM
I have summer bait, but it doesn't show up when I go to fish ��

Brambles2
09-04-15, 02:41 PM
How do you get cotton?
Oops, should have checked my own game first, apparently, "cotton" is WOOL from sheep.

Newton122712
09-04-15, 02:46 PM
Don't grow cotton...get it from your sheep.

s350z
09-04-15, 02:51 PM
Have few summer baits but, they do not show up in the bond to fish with them... Anyone has an idea why?

rogue149
09-04-15, 02:52 PM
When I try to make Summer Bait in the Bait Shop, it tells me"You need supplies!." Even though I have plenty of supplies. :(

enaid03
Getting an error trying to use summer bait....says I need to craft it and I have two?

pastagirl54
You have to be kidding!!! IRON ORE! Of all the things we can create u do iron ore. And tomorrow the challenge is MINING. So u want us to use all our picks today mining for ore to fish, so we can't do the challenge tomorrow!
This is ridiculous! I wasn't happy with the oranges, but didn't complain & kept plugging along. But now I am angry!!!
Are all of ur little programmers sitting back laughing now ... look at all those idiots! We'll show them!! No one wins our challenges without spending money on gems because we are greedy, greedy mean B's!!!!!!!!
I quit this game for six months when u took away the Russian Blue Cat & Yellow Lab without enough notice to get enough money to buy them - and made all the pets available only for a barrel of gems. Now this, just as I start to play again!
I wish u had been honest up front & told us there was no way to win this challenge! I just wasted days of time on this!!! Way to go! Thanks a lot for nothing!
I will NEVER EVER do another challenge in this game again! How greedy and mean spirited!!!!!!! You should be ashamed.

MsScarlet29
09-04-15, 02:54 PM
It's wool, not cotton. If you can't see your summer bait try hitting the little green circle in the middle of all the bait. It has an arrow on it.

LuvsHorror
09-04-15, 02:54 PM
Press the arrow on the fish bait options over the pond.

MsScarlet29
09-04-15, 02:57 PM
Getting an error trying to use summer bait....says I need to craft it and I have two?

Are you sure you aren't trying the golden bait, or whatever it was called from the last event?

rogue149
09-04-15, 03:00 PM
Are you sure you aren't trying the golden bait, or whatever it was called from the last event?

Yes. However, forcing the game to shut down and restarting has it working now.

andromedablack
09-04-15, 03:02 PM
Can't use the summer bait either...

rogue149
09-04-15, 03:03 PM
So I've been saving up Picks and Shovels since this event started. I how have 24 Picks and 9 Shovels in inventory. Rather than use them up today to get Iron for the lures (I only had 4 Iron in inventory), I'll wait until tomorrow's challenge to mine for the flippers. Then hopefully, I'll have the 6 Iron to turn in for the quest plus some more with which to make more Summer Bait. I'm making 4 now with the Iron I had. I'll need 10 or more just to get enough goggles to finish the quest. Does anyone have any experience with using the Summer Bait yet? Is it a very high drop rate? or a 1/4 like some of the others?

Ravens0418
09-04-15, 03:03 PM
I don't agree that they're being mean, greedy, etc. I'm THRILLED that android was included this time, and hope they continue to include android in all future events. I won't get upset because they offer up a challenge - I recognize this for what it is... a fun waste of my time. :p

bjahil47
09-04-15, 03:04 PM
I could not use summer bait either, kept giving me an error. Turned my iPad off and on and it worked! Gave me tuna and no goggles. Ugh..

LuvsHorror
09-04-15, 03:10 PM
I had a bad attitude towards events when I first started playing back in December. But since I play every day, I must like this game, and since I've gotten to a higher level I appreciate the events because it's something new to do. I really do love my farm, and love reorganizing stuff and getting more stuff. Even if I have to buy gems. It's worth it because I enjoy it.

rogue149
09-04-15, 03:11 PM
I could not use summer bait either, kept giving me an error. Turned my iPad off and on and it worked! Gave me tuna and no goggles. Ugh..

Ouch. This is going to be very hard without a 100% drop rate.

MsScarlet29
09-04-15, 03:21 PM
I had one summer bait....fished, Got 4 salmon, oh well, on a positive note, that's not bad for one bait.....even if they won't win me a turtle!!! ;)

jmterao
09-04-15, 03:22 PM
I too cannot use any of the summer baits. Why does this always happen right before a weekend or a holiday? By the time it sorted out it will be over.

jmterao
09-04-15, 03:26 PM
Looks like it's a programming error! So I made a summer bait and then went to use it and still got the same error message. So I'm stuck.

vickyville14
09-04-15, 03:29 PM

Thanks, I see the options now. I just wish there were labels next to the baits so I could know for sure which one I am using. The last few are similar.

judyandthecat
09-04-15, 03:30 PM
Looks like it's a programming error! So I made a summer bait and then went to use it and still got the same error message. So I'm stuck.

OK EVERYONE YOU NEED TO PRESS THE GREEN CIRCLE WITH ARROWS
It will take you to another page of hooks to use!

s350z
09-04-15, 03:30 PM
Hey guys... Found the way to fish with the summer bait. When u click on the bond.. U will see a 2 arrouws in a circle shape click on it and it will display the summer bait... Just fished with it and it gave me 11 goggles at once 👍😃

h2oall
09-04-15, 03:34 PM
I got 15 googles with one bait and 14 with another.

abyfarm
09-04-15, 03:36 PM
Hey guys... Found the way to fish with the summer bait. When u click on the bond.. U will see a 2 arrouws in a circle shape click on it and it will display the summer bait... Just fished with it and it gave me 11 goggles at once 

Yup my first try gave me 5 salmon and second try gave me 11 goggles. This seems better than the drop rate we have for oranges. I will wait till tomorrow to go into the mine to get the iron ore. No point wasting it today.

jdgrozda
09-04-15, 03:39 PM
I got 5 salmon twice with the two baits that I had :( hoping I get goggles sometime or I'll never have a chance at the turtle..

seahawkran
09-04-15, 04:19 PM
9 summer baits - 10 & 14 goggles 4th $ 5th try - 4 salmon or 4 tuna other 7 times

simplyschatzi
09-04-15, 04:23 PM
I got 5 salmon twice with the two baits that I had :( hoping I get goggles sometime or I'll never have a chance at the turtle..

Same here! But hearing that people are getting 10+ with 1 bait is a little more hopeful.

I've turned in 7 collections and received 4 Piper Pools. That's a little upsetting.

Kastlerama
09-04-15, 04:28 PM
Thank you so much for telling us about the green button.

I have received either 4 tuna or 4 salmon from a summer bait in one try. When I have received the goggles it was 10 or 14 in one try so I now have plenty of those and it is the hats you gets from deliveries which are my lowest number. We shall have to see what happens with the mining tomorrow.

Rynetory2
09-04-15, 05:00 PM
Use Summer bait in hot spots. I got 11 and 15 googles in 2 tries.

Ps. Press green button when in fishing mode to get to summer bait.

QuirsanFarmsLtd
09-04-15, 05:11 PM

OMG! Thank you soooo much! I never knew what that was for!!!

eucom
09-04-15, 06:42 PM
I got 15 googles with one bait and 14 with another.

I got 1 bass, no goggles with one bait and 4 tunas, no goggles with the other one 😨

bss0226
09-04-15, 06:44 PM
Used my bait. Over a hundred goggles. Kept hitting 10 and 14 goggles many times.

Any word on how we can use the second turtle if we get it... I'm hoping for another turtle....

LizzyWizzyNL33
09-04-15, 07:42 PM
Around 170 goggles and still got summer bait to use. This one sure isnt going to be the limiting factor!
Looking forward to mining day and handing in the first collections. :)

pastagirl54
09-04-15, 07:42 PM
Lucky you. I got 5 Tuna and NO Goggles ;(

orleansparish
09-04-15, 08:51 PM
You have to be kidding!!! IRON ORE! Of all the things we can create u do iron ore. And tomorrow the challenge is MINING. So u want us to use all our picks today mining for ore to fish, so we can't do the challenge tomorrow!
This is ridiculous! I wasn't happy with the oranges, but didn't complain & kept plugging along. But now I am angry!!!
Are all of ur little programmers sitting back laughing now ... look at all those idiots! We'll show them!! No one wins our challenges without spending money on gems because we are greedy, greedy mean B's!!!!!!!!
I quit this game for six months when u took away the Russian Blue Cat & Yellow Lab without enough notice to get enough money to buy them - and made all the pets available only for a barrel of gems. Now this, just as I start to play again!
I wish u had been honest up front & told us there was no way to win this challenge! I just wasted days of time on this!!! Way to go! Thanks a lot for nothing!
I will NEVER EVER do another challenge in this game again! How greedy and mean spirited!!!!!!! You should be ashamed.

Same issue im having. Ive got 10 paltry shovels at the moment, compared to about 60 saws and need iron ore. So now I need to wait until tomorrow and hope for a balance of the ores AND the last part to turn in collections. I was going to buy the shack but I wasnt going to spend ten dollars on it. So my only hope is do what I can. Maybe get the 120 gem package and use them to turn in extras. If I win the turtle great. If not, I dont care too much.

bss0226
09-04-15, 09:07 PM
Won a second turtle. Of course, can't place it. Would love to see the sand castle expanded to allow another 2 turtles. Would be willing to pay coins, not gems, to either buy another sand castle or expand the one I have

Any word on a resolution to this problem.

orleansparish
09-04-15, 09:08 PM
I had 2 baits and for 24 goggles with them. Not so bad. I just need to pick up the slack because oddly enough I only have 3 whistles. I hope they cut up some slack tomorrow too, with the mining sections.

Sweetybeetylady
09-04-15, 09:33 PM
Have few summer baits but, they do not show up in the bond to fish with them... Anyone has an idea why?

Same here! One bait in the barn, but it doesn't show!

shedenh
09-04-15, 09:39 PM
Same here! One bait in the barn, but it doesn't show!

There is a little green button when your different bait show up. Press the green button and your summer bait will show up.

Sweetybeetylady
09-04-15, 09:40 PM
Found it! Thank you so very much!

There is a little green button when your different bait show up. Press the green button and your summer bait will show up.

eucom
09-04-15, 10:00 PM
Lucky you. I got 5 Tuna and NO Goggles ;(

Boy, that's right. I've used 5 of the special baits and received 2 bass and 12 tunas and no goggles! 

sweet_candy_ti
09-05-15, 12:04 AM
I don't have the green button where everyone is talking about. I had 7 summer baits from purchasing it in the market. I used 6 of it and still no goggles. This is getting me frustrated becasue I don't want to use my last bait know I will get tuna or salmon.

generalmadness
09-05-15, 12:15 AM
I don't have the green button where everyone is talking about. I had 7 summer baits from purchasing it in the market. I used 6 of it and still no goggles. This is getting me frustrated becasue I don't want to use my last bait know I will get tuna or salmon.

Yes, you do. When you are ready to fish, and the baits all appear in a circle, in the middle there is a small green circle. There are arrows on it. If you touch it, it rotates the bait to the second page, which is where your summer bait is.

sweet_candy_ti
09-05-15, 12:28 AM
Yes, you do. When you are ready to fish, and the baits all appear in a circle, in the middle there is a small green circle. There are arrows on it. If you touch it, it rotates the bait to the second page, which is where your summer bait is.

I only have three options for baits. :(

LizzyWizzyNL33
09-05-15, 12:40 AM
Call me crazy, but I see 4? The bottom one is the one for the event :)

sweet_candy_ti
09-05-15, 12:45 AM
Call me crazy, but I see 4? The bottom one is the one for the event :)

Hehe, my apologies it is four, but I have used 6 of the last bait (which is the summer bait) and I only received salmon and tuna. Maybe it is just my bad luck that I'm not getting goggles.

judyandthecat
09-05-15, 12:46 AM
I only have three options for baits. :(

You are a lower level or you don't have a couple of all the baits in inventory so you don't need the green button to go to another page of baits your summer bait appears on first page.

sweet_candy_ti
09-05-15, 01:11 AM
You are a lower level or you don't have a couple of all the baits in inventory so you don't need the green button to go to another page of baits your summer bait appears on first page.

Does that mean I cannot get the goggles?
Has any player under level 22 not receiving goggles?

Sandybellee
09-05-15, 01:34 AM
I've turned in 6 collections so far. No turtle yet. I've got:

1) umbrella
2) life guard's chair
3) Piper's pool
4) pool float
5) umbrella
6) pool float
7) life guard's chair
8) Pool villa
9) umbrella

bakerystoe
09-05-15, 02:00 AM
Anyone Have some Summer bait! I really need it! Summer bait give us 4-5 Tuna or samon! You wanna sell it, you will get grand coins:)

bakerystoe
09-05-15, 02:01 AM
No it just luck! I just got some Tunas and Salmons !! You can get it

yppahc
09-05-15, 02:02 AM
I got 15 goggles with one bait!

bakerystoe
U got summer bait so u can get goggles by luck as well

bakerystoe
i got 15 goggles with one bait!

omg! Omg holy koko

bakerystoe
09-05-15, 02:03 AM
Anyone have some summer bait to share with?

Rynetory2
09-05-15, 02:13 AM

No it does not mean that. You can still get goggles. What Judy meant was you have less variety of baits which higher level players have. Keep fishing for googles using your Summer bait. Good luck. :)

Rynetory2
09-05-15, 02:16 AM
Has anyone caught goggles using other baits besides summer bait? Remember to fish in hot spots (spots where you see fish swirling). I caught 14 and 11 googles with 2 baits.

raissawinda
09-05-15, 02:31 AM
Has anyone caught googles using other baits besides summer bait? Remember to fish in hot spots (spots where you see fish swirling). I caught 14 and 11 googles with 2 baits.

i got 14 googles with my second summer bait and did not shot in the hot spot. i shot in the hot spot with my first summer bait and got 5 tunas. i bought the two of them. and now i have 3 summer baits on my bait maker, don't know yet what am i going to do with them when finish. this game is meant to be fun and pure of luck, i don't think the team lava is being mean to us, so... good luck folks! 😁

judyandthecat
09-05-15, 02:31 AM

Of course you can get the goggles with the summer bait or by making them in the pool shack.
It just meant you did not need the green button to go to next page of baits.

dianeupside
09-05-15, 02:33 AM
5 summer baits using hot spots and regular areas... NO goggles. It takes 3 hours to craft a summer bait. Feeling very discouraged and sad.

raissawinda
09-05-15, 02:40 AM
5 summer baits using hot spots and regular areas... NO goggles. It takes 3 hours to craft a summer bait. Feeling very discouraged and sad.

keep tryin' keep tryin' !!!
and wish for some good luck 😄

wiggle1962
09-05-15, 02:42 AM

Same here used 5 and got about 15 salmon and 5 tuna but no goggles very frustrating indeed!!!!

bexiboo2
09-05-15, 02:48 AM
Does anyone know what the other bait does? The one you can buy for real money in a package or with gems? I was wondering if it guaranteed goggles.

What is everyone doing with all the salmon and tuna you are catching? I'm making some into sushi, but am reluctant to sell the rest in case it is needed for the next goal...

I've not turned anything in for this goal yet cos I haven't got many hats from deliveries. I want to wait til I've got surplus for collections before turning in to the goal.

Ps, Well done Team Lava for increasing the amount we catch with a bait. It's good to know you listen to feedback!! :)

judyandthecat
09-05-15, 04:06 AM
Does anyone know what the other bait does? The one you can buy for real money in a package or with gems? I was wondering if it guaranteed goggles.

What is everyone doing with all the salmon and tuna you are catching? I'm making some into sushi, but am reluctant to sell the rest in case it is needed for the next goal...

I've not turned anything in for this goal yet cos I haven't got many hats from deliveries. I want to wait til I've got surplus for collections before turning in to the goal.

Ps, Well done Team Lava for increasing the amount we catch with a bait. It's good to know you listen to feedback!! :)

In the package for sale there is one golden lure which catches like fourteen anchovies at a time.
It is not used for goggles.
There are 3 summer bait and they have the exact same chance at catching goggles that the summer bait you buy from Stormie or make in the bait shop. There is going to likely be a fair amount of summer bait appearing in the newspaper because players will keep making the bait and one only needs so many goggles.

As for goals you are likely looking at the last goal because this event ends on Monday.
The Last Goal
Give 30 sun hats
Give 10 goggles
Give 7 iron ore
Give 15 anchovies
Give 7 catfish
Prize is the party pool!

I am selling my excess salmom and tuna.

QueensFinest28
09-05-15, 04:32 AM
I've turned in 12 collections and still haven't gotten a turtle how is this even possible? What kind of bull**** game is this?

EnchantedG
09-05-15, 05:25 AM
Did anybody get anything from the mine today?? Or is it tomorrow? Did anyone turn in any collections???
I am mining and running out of my axes worth no luck of the last collection item.

Rynetory2
09-05-15, 05:42 AM
I've turned in 12 collections and still haven't gotten a turtle how is this even possible? What kind of bull**** game is this?

In the past, we had seen players turned in many more times and turned out empty so 12 isn't too bad. Keep trying. Good luck :)

Just to add: the players who got their turtle at first few tries and some got multiple turtles are the lucky ones. There are many players who are still trying.

Rynetory2
09-05-15, 05:43 AM
Did anybody get anything from the mine today?? Or is it tomorrow? Did anyone turn in any collections???
I am mining and running out of my axes worth no luck of the last collection item.

The item from the mine only comes at next reset. Today is Day 9' fishing with summer bait. Save your mining tools for tomorrow for the last collection item.

eucom
09-05-15, 06:11 AM
In the package for sale there is one golden lure which catches like fourteen anchovies at a time.
It is not used for goggles.
There are 3 summer bait and they have the exact same chance at catching goggles that the summer bait you buy from Stormie or make in the bait shop.

Not in my experience. I've used 10 summer baits and received 7 goggles one time, the other times I received 1 catfish at a time or 4 tunas. Used 5 golden baits and received 1 catfish each time. So now in addition to making these 3 1/2 hour baits I also have to make regular bait for the anchovies. I've fished in hot spots and not hot sports, doesn't seem to matter.

EnchantedG
09-05-15, 06:15 AM
Thank you Rynetory2, you saved me my remaining few axes.

Rynetory2
09-05-15, 06:21 AM
Thank you Rynetory2, you saved me my remaining few axes.

You're most welcome. You never know one of these axes may fetch you the collection item needed for your lucky turtle. :) good luck.

Rynetory2
09-05-15, 06:23 AM
did those players have to get another sand castle? I just got a second turtle but not allowing me to put him out. thanks in advance!

Some players have flag this. Waiting for S8 to rectify. Since its weekend, we may have to wait a bit. But you don't lose out since you have a second turtle. It's not going to run off. :) try for your third in the mean time.

eucom
09-05-15, 06:25 AM
As for goals you are likely looking at the last goal because this event ends on Monday.
The Last Goal
Give 30 sun hats
Give 10 goggles
Give 7 iron ore
Give 15 anchovies
Give 7 catfish
Prize is the party pool!

Just an observation on my part ....... If the timing on this game is so much shorten than the Easter egg event, why is the sun hat requirement 3x more than its counter part?

chrispy40
09-05-15, 07:07 AM
Help this allows me to craft bait but it doesn't show up so I can fish HELP

Sandybellee
09-05-15, 07:10 AM
Nine collections now. I've got:

1) umbrella
2) life guard's chair
3) Piper's pool
4) pool float
5) umbrella
6) pool float
7) life guard's chair
8) Pool villa
9) umbrella

Looks like I may need to turn in tens of collections to get the turtle.

chrispy40
09-05-15, 07:12 AM
Never mind I figured it out oops silly me

jdgrozda
09-05-15, 07:42 AM
4 more bait...a ton more salmon and tuna! so jealous of the people who are overflowing with goggles. I only have 3 more iron ores to make bait with so we'll see :/

reewinder
09-05-15, 08:10 AM
Ok I've used four of the summer baits now and no goggles. I seriously think I am going to stop playing this game now. I'm not going to put hours upon countless hours of time into an event like this just to MAYBE get an item when it clearly states you need the summer bait to get the goggles. If you spend all the time making the bait like they ask you to then you should get the goggles. Every event has been like this. They dangle these prizes in front of our faces then make it darn near impossible to get anywhere without spending gems. I've bought plenty of gems but I'm done. I have better things to do than spend half my day chasing after a turtle that I may or may not even get in the end, no matter how much time, effort or money I put into it.

Rasenkyuugan
09-05-15, 08:16 AM
Does anyone know how players who have not yet expanded to the mine can get iron ore? I've been stalking the newspaper but no one is selling (for obvious reasons). I had two summer bait I bought from Stormy's shop earlier this week but neither gave me goggles. So I have no goggles, no way to make new bait or to complete the quest. Kinda makes this past week seem like a big waste of my time.

raissawinda
09-05-15, 08:35 AM
Does anyone know how players who have not yet expanded to the mine can get iron ore? I've been stalking the newspaper but no one is selling (for obvious reasons). I had two summer bait I bought from Stormy's shop earlier this week but neither gave me goggles. So I have no goggles, no way to make new bait or to complete the quest. Kinda makes this past week seem like a big waste of my time.

you better catch up on your neighbors store, ask them for any ore if possible. hopefully some of them will sell any, or try to look up on the community. i usually do that for the things i need the most and always get what i want in the end, of course after spending hours and hours.. gud luck!

jillybobs2
09-05-15, 08:45 AM
Help this allows me to craft bait but it doesn't show up so I can fish HELP

I've crafted summer bait and they are in my Barn but not showing up at the fishing pond?

Ihie
09-05-15, 08:56 AM
Hi pastagirl54 I still have like 4 summer baits left. I can give them to you. Don't give up. I'll also sell you some mining tools. Add ihie.

chrispy40
09-05-15, 08:58 AM
I've crafted summer bait and they are in my Barn but not showing up at the fishing pond?

Press the green button thingy in the middle it will switch round to the ones you crafted

Ihie
09-05-15, 09:00 AM
Same issue im having. Ive got 10 paltry shovels at the moment, compared to about 60 saws and need iron ore. So now I need to wait until tomorrow and hope for a balance of the ores AND the last part to turn in collections. I was going to buy the shack but I wasnt going to spend ten dollars on it. So my only hope is do what I can. Maybe get the 120 gem package and use them to turn in extras. If I win the turtle great. If not, I dont care too much.

Hi. Don't give up I still have a bit summer baits left. Maybe it can help if you catch the goggles . Will sell you some mining tools too. I've got a few left. Don't give up.

eucom
09-05-15, 09:00 AM

When you go to select your bait to fish, you should see a green button in the middle. Tap that green button and you should see them. The other reason you may not see them, is that the baits must be harvested.

Marty67
09-05-15, 09:07 AM
Used summer bait 3 times on circling water and got 20 goggles in total. Guess i'm lucky.

jillybobs2
09-05-15, 09:28 AM
Press the green button thingy in the middle it will switch round to the ones you crafted

Great, managed to get goggles now. Many thanks..

Sandybellee
09-05-15, 09:31 AM
20 collections now and no turtle...

I don't think any other game has such work- intensive events where the reward is not guaranteed at the end. I will finish this event but then I think it's time to move on and stop wasting time. I haven't been playing anyways unless there was an event going on but the events really don't seem to be worth it.

evys_mom
09-05-15, 10:32 AM
Nine collections now. I've got:

1) umbrella
2) life guard's chair
3) Piper's pool
4) pool float
5) umbrella
6) pool float
7) life guard's chair
8) Pool villa
9) umbrella

Looks like I may need to turn in tens of collections to get the turtle.

15 COLLECTIONS in total turned in and nothing but decorations and a ton of fish nobody wants to buy anymore (salmon and tuna- at least 30 of each) and now sitting with 50 anchovies and over barn limited LOL!!!!! Felt good to vent a little!

I have farmed, fished, crafted, bought the shack, 3 of the "special" deals... I think I am not meant to get this pet!!!

evys_mom
09-05-15, 10:34 AM
Couldn't agree more... Guess in going to stop these and concentrate on my fantasy animals!!

Sandybellee
09-05-15, 11:11 AM
Ok, collection 21 was the charm! I got the turtle! Good luck, everyone! Now just have to try to get the decor I'm still missing.

@evys mom I really hope you can get a turtle too!

09-05-15, 11:14 AM
I've got turtle, even 2 ! But only 1 sand castle so 1turtle is still in my barn. I'm lucky I guess 'cause it was my first prize turning in collection! Hot air balloon took almost all tuna and salmon so no extra fish. Now I wait for the last prize- lifeguard stand. All I want is more decoration in the market for I've played on Android before 😀

jim23cash
09-05-15, 11:26 AM
I have one bouncing ball, 2 piper's pools, 3 pool floats, 4 pool Umbrellas, FIVE GOLDEN RINGS, (JK.....about the rings!). Plus...2 pool villas, 1 pool lounge chair set, and still no turtle. :(
I will be really sad if I don't get the turtle. This has been a lot of effort!
I have used 14 Summer Bait (I have been buying them ahead), and got 3 goggles catches, one for 11 goggles , one was 14 goggles and one was 10. Out of the first 6, the last one was the first hit on goggles. I was getting worried. The drop rate made me feel a little better, but with the luck I'm having, who knows if it will be enough!
Here Turtle, turtle, turtle! I've got juicy tomatoes and strawberries for you! :D. Good luck all! Annie

shedenh
09-05-15, 12:21 PM
Did anyone ever find out what happens if you get more thane one turtle? Just wondered but not because I have LOL

GramGram2
09-05-15, 12:27 PM
I never got ANY summer bait. Shopped all day long. Crafted two and got some goggles. Seems like I win the prize for waste of time. 😕

generalmadness
09-05-15, 01:08 PM
I am feeling really grouchy about the number of duplicate decor items I have gotten. And also grouchy about people not reading the darn thread and asking the same thing that was answered three comments ago, on the same PAGE, like not even a couple of pages back. I am sure I will feel much better when I have a turtle on my farm, finally. Or maybe I just need a margarita.

TeabytheSea3
09-05-15, 01:57 PM
This might be a duplicate question, but does anyone know if we can continue to use the pool shack to make the collection items after the quest is over? Or will it just become decor? Thank you so much.

generalmadness
09-05-15, 02:22 PM
This might be a duplicate question, but does anyone know if we can continue to use the pool shack to make the collection items after the quest is over? Or will it just become decor? Thank you so much.

The event craft buildings become decor once the event ends.

tuffyjkitten
09-05-15, 02:28 PM
I went to the game just now and the event timer is gone. No pool ball telling us what items have been unlocked. The 2 value packs are there but not the timer. Weird....

oledoeeyes
09-05-15, 02:30 PM
I just had that happen to me also. I tried mining three times to see if the flippers were there and didn't have any luck!

tuffyjkitten
09-05-15, 02:33 PM
It's back now and Piper has a goal to turn in one collection. The mining item has been unlocked.

sloebear
09-05-15, 02:37 PM
Just did a bit of mining - you can now get flippers! I found one and it gave me 3 flippers, so it's similar to the fishing this time in that you get multiple :)

tuffyjkitten
09-05-15, 02:38 PM
I got 3 flippers as well. That is nice of them :)

D3sirable
09-05-15, 02:48 PM
15 collections turned in and no turtle.

bss0226
09-05-15, 02:52 PM
Mining: every time I hit the flippers I get 3. I'm hitting flippers about 1 out of every 3 tools. Just picked up 26 flippers with my tools and I didn't use all of them. Ran out of snorkels....

Btw, got my third turtle.

Newton122712
09-05-15, 03:02 PM
Woohoo! Went to the mine, took 6 tries finally got 7. Turned in collections got turtle on the third try! Got everything, I'm finished!! Don't need doubles of anything. Good luck everyone! !

PrairieGrass
09-05-15, 03:02 PM
I'm level 19 and one expansion from getting the mine, which I won be able to do for this goal. It's frustrating to get this far but not be able to finish. I only had one special bait I bought from Stormies & I received no water goggles when fishing with it. I can't make the bait because I can't mine and no one is selling the ore needed. My question: if I were to get the pool shack this late in the goals, what items are needed to craft the water goggles and swim fins? I just want to make sure they are items I have or can buy. Thanks

Can you craft the items needed for completing the collection or do you craft only various pool toys?

orleansparish
09-05-15, 03:04 PM
Even if i win no turtles today im happy. I just got 100 each of salmon and tuna. Thats a huge haul!

I had 11 tools and 3 sets of snorkles. So 9 isnt bad. I hope they do every event like this from now on. Allowing multiples during the 2 hardest parts.

I will see how many hats I can get now and will then use my last 71 gems to turn in collections.

The odd thing is I bought the shack on another farm and had no time to play it! Im too tired now to make items. Gems down the drain but oh well.

Newton122712
09-05-15, 03:04 PM
I have 6 ore if your interested...drop by and let me know!

LizzyWizzyNL33
09-05-15, 03:10 PM
12 pieces of deco richer, ran out of snorkels though... :(
Waiting for the rest of the orange trees. But its slim pickings with just 5 trees...

wiggle1962
09-05-15, 03:14 PM
I've just used 15 tools in the mine and not one flipper!! How are you expected to complete this if you can't get the items?? Come on TL play the game please!

Ravens0418
09-05-15, 03:18 PM
Even if i win no turtles today im happy. I just got 100 each of salmon and tuna. Thats a huge haul!

I envy you your storage space!!

DianasDragons99
09-05-15, 03:41 PM
Just put in 15 collections and no turtle. Lots of pool chairs

Sandybellee
09-05-15, 03:53 PM
I'm level 19 and one expansion from getting the mine, which I won be able to do for this goal. It's frustrating to get this far but not be able to finish. I only had one special bait I bought from Stormies & I received no water goggles when fishing with it. I can't make the bait because I can't mine and no one is selling the ore needed. My question: if I were to get the pool shack this late in the goals, what items are needed to craft the water goggles and swim fins? I just want to make sure they are items I have or can buy. Thanks

Can you craft the items needed for completing the collection or do you craft only various pool toys?

You can craft all the pool toys (the items you turn in as a collection) in the pool shack. You can make the next item from the previous one. So for example, you can make goggles from sun hats and flippers from goggles.

Sandybellee
09-05-15, 04:00 PM
I've fished with 14 summer baits during the event and only 3 of them gave goggles. That drop rate is pretty terrible. Now I have 30 flippers from the mine (got 15 with just one hit) but no goggles or summer hats. Would never have been able to do this without the pool shack!

Edit: is there a tiki bar among the prices? And sea shell path? I saw them on someone's farm so I'm still missing those, if they can be won from the collections.

PookieBear50
09-05-15, 04:27 PM
Sigh...4 baits (2 from Stormie, 2 crafted) and all of them pulled in salmon or tuna. This is why I don't like the bait-fishing aspect of these events. First you have to wait 3.5 hours for it to craft, and then there's no guarantee you'll get what you're looking for. At least let us take our chances with regular baits instead of making us craft these special baits that all-too-often just catch the same thing as the other baits.

bakelite3
09-05-15, 04:46 PM
Just got my first and only turtle and when I try to get it placed...a message comes up that says "You need a sand castle for a swimming turtle"... What do I do...where can I get the sand castle?

dianeupside
09-05-15, 05:08 PM
I wish there was a coin value on the pool decor so we can sell the duplicates we get... I have 5 lounge chairs, 4 floaties, 3 bouncing balls- but i Love the bouncy balls..no turtle though.

anythingyouwant99
09-05-15, 05:24 PM
Just got my first and only turtle and when I try to get it placed...a message comes up that says "You need a sand castle for a swimming turtle"... What do I do...where can I get the sand castle?

Normally when u win a pet the special home is placed in your cellar as well. U have to place the castle from your cellar first and then u can place your pet

snookiedoodle2
09-05-15, 05:36 PM
How do we acquire additional sand castles for our additional turtles?

syncler78
09-05-15, 05:37 PM
How many turtles can you put on one habitat? I got a turtle after turning in my first collection, but I don't have room for any more habitats after this one.

bakelite3
09-05-15, 05:46 PM
Normally when u win a pet the special home is placed in your cellar as well. U have to place the castle from your cellar first and then u can place your pet

Thanks so much! It did show up now! Appreciate the help.

ozigal
09-05-15, 06:27 PM
Joining the long line of no turtle yet group.lol. 21 collections turned in.,but will keep going in hope that a turtle may find its way across my farm. I know they are slow movers lol.

casey19159
09-05-15, 06:27 PM
To team lava,

Thank you for the little tweaks that make this event different from the ones in the past. Gaining multiple goggle from one bait and 3 flippers from one mine instead of one item per mine/fish makes this event alot more enjoyable from previous ones. It almost makes up for the 3.5 hour bait craft time and the precious iron ore needed.
Finally, these events arent frustratingly impossible, now they simply require a bit of dedication, luck and maybe gems to get the desirable rewards.
Thank you, for giving me a reason to come back to this game.

Sincerely, a user who was very close to giving up on FS2

amyangel96
09-05-15, 06:35 PM
I'm enjoying this game, and glad I sprung for the pool shack to craft the items! Plus it's cute.

I really hope I can get more variety of decorations soon, though. I have enough of the pool loungers to furnish a cruise ship!

GNinjin
09-05-15, 06:48 PM
Finally got lucky on one of these events! Got a turtle after only 6 turn-ins, and a second one on the tenth!
The tweak to give multiple flippers/goggles with one tool/bait is the best thing to happen to these events too :)
Happy I partook in this one!

LadyFencer
09-05-15, 07:50 PM
I agree about the tweaks helping this game, especially the multiple goggles and flippers. I know the frustration of those who have not yet received the pet. That's happened to me in previous luck-based events. This time, though, I got two turtles within the first few collections I turned it. I was surprised at the first one, and amazed at the second. That's never happened before! Now if I could just put them into the habitat together to keep each other company.

SadieMaesFarm
09-05-15, 07:55 PM
Won turtle ... Took habitat out of cellar ... When I went to get turtle out I lost Internet for a second and both turtle and habitat is gone . Very frustrating !!!! Any ideas of what to do ?? I keep getting plenty of duplicates but no turtle 😩

caitie2609
09-05-15, 07:58 PM
I've been mining for ages and got no flippers! it's definitely unlocked for me and I've tried restarting the app. is this happening to any one else or just me? I don't know whether to keep trying or not because I don't want to waste my shovels and pick axes. do I need to have completed the previous goal to be able to collect them or something?

raissawinda
09-05-15, 08:05 PM
I hope this will help, but we must drag and then drop the castle sand first after we won the turtle, because it will become the turtle's home. and then drag the turtle and drop him off to the castle sand. at first we will see him hiding inside his tortoise shell, so we must feed him to wake him up, and make him walking around our farm. i have just spent 20 of my pickaxes and shovels just to complete the collection and got my first turtle! i have no difficulties on fishing the googles, i have like a ton of googles. but can't believe it was sooo hard to get any hat from the plane deliveries and the fryer! i guess that's worth the price...or not?? lol :p good luck for all the players!

evys_mom
09-05-15, 08:16 PM
26 collections turned and no turtle ... I am broken record.

I have really enjoyed this event, but this lack of reward is sad. If anyone needs salmon I have 5 for sale as well as 21 tuna (8 on discount) and 7 anchovy pizza discounted.

I have all the decorations in multiples... Wish we could sell so others can have complete sets.

jdgrozda
09-05-15, 08:18 PM
lol I've used 7 baits so far and still nada...I have about 20+ of everything else so I'm just waiting for these 3 1/2 hour baits to finish up. If anyone is selling bait please add me/message me! It would be soooo appreciated! I need that turtle :P

Mitzi111
09-05-15, 09:05 PM
To team lava,

Thank you for the little tweaks that make this event different from the ones in the past. Gaining multiple goggle from one bait and 3 flippers from one mine instead of one item per mine/fish makes this event alot more enjoyable from previous ones. It almost makes up for the 3.5 hour bait craft time and the precious iron ore needed.
Finally, these events arent frustratingly impossible, now they simply require a bit of dedication, luck and maybe gems to get the desirable rewards.
Thank you, for giving me a reason to come back to this game.

Sincerely, a user who was very close to giving up on FS2

I've used up 3 of my special bait and I only got tuna! Is there a trick to using the bait and making sure it pulls up goggles?

dianeupside
09-05-15, 09:30 PM
I hope this will help, but we must drag and then drop the castle sand first after we won the turtle, because it will become the turtle's home. and then drag the turtle and drop him off to the castle sand. at first we will see him hiding inside his tortoise shell, so we must feed him to wake him up, and make him walking around our farm. i have just spent 20 of my pickaxes and shovels just to complete the collection and got my first turtle! i have no difficulties on fishing the googles, i have like a ton of googles. but can't believe it was sooo hard to get any hat from the plane deliveries and the fryer! i guess that's worth the price...or not?? lol :p good luck for all the players!

I FINALLY won a turtle but how do i get the sand castle??

dianeupside
09-05-15, 09:33 PM
After many many tries i got a turtle but how/where do i get his home.. the sand castle??
SORRY GUYS THE CASTLE FINALLY SHOWED UP, IT TOOK AWHILE, THX. ♡♡

lubok
09-05-15, 09:38 PM
OK EVERYONE YOU NEED TO PRESS THE GREEN CIRCLE WITH ARROWS
It will take you to another page of hooks to use!

Oh thank you! That was the help I needed so much!

dianeupside
09-05-15, 09:45 PM
after many many tries i got a turtle but how/where do i get his home.. The sand castle??

sorry guys the sand castle took awhile to show up but i have it now, thx ♡♡

Mitzi111
09-05-15, 09:52 PM
I know to press that green circle to see my summer bait, but then is there anything special I should do? I wondered if there is a method to ensuring that goggles will emerge , instead of tuna... (insert sad face here)

ozigal
09-05-15, 11:18 PM
Doing a happy dance. 28th collection yielded the turtle. Thankfully I had bought the pool shack to craft items,don't think with my luck I would have got there. My last few mining attempts weren't fruitful and was thinking time to give up and then along came the turtle..went from frowning to ️Happy face lol.

jim23cash
09-06-15, 12:03 AM
Won turtle ... Took habitat out of cellar ... When I went to get turtle out I lost Internet for a second and both turtle and habitat is gone . Very frustrating !!!! Any ideas of what to do ?? I keep getting plenty of duplicates but no turtle 😩

Try force closing your game, and shut down device, then re-open game. If it's still missing, email support@teamlava.com

I've been mining for ages and got no flippers! it's definitely unlocked for me and I've tried restarting the app. is this happening to any one else or just me? I don't know whether to keep trying or not because I don't want to waste my shovels and pick axes. do I need to have completed the previous goal to be able to collect them or something?

You don't need to do anything special, but you don't get flippers every time. I had better luck with shovels, and got 3 or 4 pairs each time I got flippers, but I also got ores and coins. Just keep trying. (Unless you have tried more than 10, then you might want to email support (support@teamlava.com), and message game moderator).

26 collections turned and no turtle ... I am broken record.

I have really enjoyed this event, but this lack of reward is sad. If anyone needs salmon I have 5 for sale as well as 21 tuna (8 on discount) and 7 anchovy pizza discounted.

I have all the decorations in multiples... Wish we could sell so others can have complete sets.

I was right there with you, and I JUST got my Turtle! Hang in there! I had multiples of everything except I was missing the lifeguard chair, when I got that, the Turtle was next. Good Luck!

I've used up 3 of my special bait and I only got tuna! Is there a trick to using the bait and making sure it pulls up goggles?

I know to press that green circle to see my summer bait, but then is there anything special I should do? I wondered if there is a method to ensuring that goggles will emerge , instead of tuna... (insert sad face here)
On my first attempt, I used 6 bait before I got any goggles. The goggle drops are rare, I have only had 4 total, and used about 20 Summer Bait. The goggle drops have been 10-17 each time. Just hang in there. I didn't get the first one with the circling fish, either... Just the bait.

Hang in there Everyone who hasn't gotten lucky yet! I turned in about 26 or 27 before I got a Turtle. The flippers are dropping better than goggles, but in smaller amounts. With a few lucky hits in the mine, you can turn in multiple collections at once. Good luck to everyone still trying!
I will put Summer Bait out to sell as I make it, and anything else if they will let us sell parts.
:D Annie

Rasenkyuugan
09-06-15, 12:10 AM
So flippers are from mining... And lower level players don't have an alternative means. So it's either use gems or this was a big waste of time. Lol thanks Storm 8!

Rynetory2
09-06-15, 12:33 AM
So flippers are from mining... And lower level players don't have an alternative means. So it's either use gems or this was a big waste of time. Lol thanks Storm 8!

If you haven't open your mine or you lack mining tools, you can either use 9 gem to buy a flipper or you can buy the axe package on offer atm.

Just to add, you need to get to fishing pond and mine for events. If you can't do this event, work on getting fishing pond and mine ready for next event. There are always lots of events in future.

jim23cash
09-06-15, 12:36 AM

That was listed on first page, post 2 (I think), since day one. So far, all these events have followed that pattern. I think they should say what level you need to be before starting! It also depends on which way you expand... And you can expand in any direction, there isn't any real indication of which way you need to expand.

The Beach Shack is the only alternative unless you can mine. It lets you start making collections from day one, so it really increases your chances. It isn't a bad investment to get a pet, but you aren't guaranteed one this time. I made lots of extra everything...I wish I could sell my leftovers...

Rynetory2
09-06-15, 12:40 AM

It definitely took lots of attempts before I found the flippers. Keep trying with your mining tools. As another player suggested to you to email to support, if I were you, I would keep trying instead of stopping and waiting for support. It's weekend, non working day, and by the time the support reverted, you would had lost time. Remember you only have 41 hrs for this event. Good luck.

EnchantedG
09-06-15, 01:09 AM
I got one turtle but where do I get the sand castle for it from, I searched the market high and low but it's not there. Please help.

EnchantedG
09-06-15, 01:25 AM
Guy! The sand castle just appeared in the cellar, yayyy.

Rasenkyuugan
09-06-15, 01:26 AM
That was listed on first page, post 2 (I think), since day one. So far, all these events have followed that pattern. I think they should say what level you need to be before starting! It also depends on which way you expand... And you can expand in any direction, there isn't any real indication of which way you need to expand.

The Beach Shack is the only alternative unless you can mine. It lets you start making collections from day one, so it really increases your chances. It isn't a bad investment to get a pet, but you aren't guaranteed one this time. I made lots of extra everything...I wish I could sell my leftovers...

Yeah I saw that however in Dragon Story if players are a lower level, there are alternative goals for things like the Battle Arena (unlocked at level 30).
This was my first full event. I caught the last 5 days of the Sweet Retreat event because I didn't level up in time. I guess I naively thought there would be an alternative, otherwise why make it available if you haven't unlocked a mine?
It takes me forever to unlock land as the drops for expansion materials are really few and far between. I stalk the advertisements but only occasionally get lucky there.
Oh well! :)

Marty67
09-06-15, 02:40 AM
Boah, the drop level for mining tools from deliveries is beyond bad for the last couple days. I guess i made about 25 deliveries and got 2 tools.

Edit: But al least 6 fins with 2 hits in mine and the turtle on the first return of a collection :D:D:D :cool:

Sandybellee
09-06-15, 03:09 AM
I got my second turtle now too. I hope S8 resolves the sandcastle issue so that the castle can hold two turtles.

LizzyWizzyNL33
09-06-15, 04:03 AM
Still trying for turtle number 1 :(
I have 2 more shots at emptying 5 orange trees for the snorkels...
The rest Ive got plenty of.

D3sirable
09-06-15, 04:22 AM
20 collections and no turtle.. only 37 hours left and 5 orange trees so probably won't get it

ciarjen
09-06-15, 05:10 AM
Got the turtle on the 38th collection. I would not have been able to get it without having the pool shack.

ciarjen
09-06-15, 05:11 AM

No trick it is random.

I had to use 5 bait before I got googles and 10 mining tools to get some flippers.

ciarjen
09-06-15, 05:19 AM
Won turtle ... Took habitat out of cellar ... When I went to get turtle out I lost Internet for a second and both turtle and habitat is gone . Very frustrating !!!! Any ideas of what to do ?? I keep getting plenty of duplicates but no turtle 

Unfortunately all you can do is keep trying.

Before making any important collections on the farm (or in any S8 game ) ALWAYS force close you app and reopen before playing.

The app will load with the newsfeed box of gifts and this is a sign that the game is fully synced with the server.

If you just open an app which has not been forced closed and is running in the background of your device and begin playing it is not synced with S8's server. You can play on it but it will eventually synch with the server (usually see the chicken walking) and it may set back your game a few moments in time. If you had collected something in that time, it may not show as collected.

Sync errors can be avoided by force closing prior to playing and collecting. S8 can do nothing about sync errors as it is dependent on how you use your device.

blupoint
09-06-15, 05:45 AM
Hello,

those with turtles, how long does it take till it comes out of it's shell?
it's wiggling beside the sand castle and nothing else happens... I have android if that's important... thx...

btw: got turtle on 17th collection...