PDA

View Full Version : Regarding notifications

bexrexbex
08-24-15, 06:35 AM
Apologies if there is already a thread on this, I didn't see one.

There is a new notification from Dragon Story that is just a reminder to use the app. I have had it pop up on both my Android game and my iPad. It says "Everyone wants you back! Check in on your dragons and see what's new!" I think it's showing up if you haven't opened the app in an hour.

Please update the settings to turn this new notification off (I do not need a reminder to play the game), without me having to use external settings to turn off all notifications. I still like to see notifications for new spins wheels, tournaments, new dragons, etc.

On a side note on the same subject, I wouldn't mind a reminder for when breeding is finished, an egg is hatched, next battle is up, or evolution is finished. However I had to turn those notifications off because it goes hand in hand with the constantly popping up notification about habitats "overflowing" with coins. Not exactly an urgent issue. I wish that coin notifications could be separated from the actual important notifications. It pops up with too much frequency and is not something I log in to the game specifically to do.

Anyone else have thoughts on Dragon Story notifications, particularly the new one?

redstar177
08-24-15, 06:57 AM
I absolutely agree with both your comments. Separate notifications for each function would be great. The ability to toggle which notifications each user finds important would hugely helpful. I also hate the new reminder notification.

YeahBabyBabylonian
08-24-15, 10:55 AM
Agree 100%.

Natasha_07
08-24-15, 11:20 AM
The new notifications are simply lame, sorry!

I prefer it the way it was with the needed notifications but now they're adding stuff that's unnecessary, why fix something that doesn't need it.
Maybe an option for what push notifications you'd like to receive is good but removing the necessary ones in exchange to "come back" & what not is time wasting.

The same thing is happening in my other story games where a notification for food ready is enabled and necessary yet you don't get it, just a spam notification.

amerirish
08-24-15, 11:25 AM
The coin collecting notifications in DS and FFS drive me absolutely crazy! I agree also that the other notifications are extremely helpful (evolution, tourneys and especially when the next battle is ready). I think they should get rid of the coin one altogether.

BogitaPetHome1
08-24-15, 01:49 PM
Apologies if there is already a thread on this, I didn't see one.

There is a new notification from Dragon Story that is just a reminder to use the app. I have had it pop up on both my Android game and my iPad. It says "Everyone wants you back! Check in on your dragons and see what's new!" I think it's showing up if you haven't opened the app in an hour.

Please update the settings to turn this new notification off (I do not need a reminder to play the game), without me having to use external settings to turn off all notifications. I still like to see notifications for new spins wheels, tournaments, new dragons, etc.

On a side note on the same subject, I wouldn't mind a reminder for when breeding is finished, an egg is hatched, next battle is up, or evolution is finished. However I had to turn those notifications off because it goes hand in hand with the constantly popping up notification about habitats "overflowing" with coins. Not exactly an urgent issue. I wish that coin notifications could be separated from the actual important notifications. It pops up with too much frequency and is not something I log in to the game specifically to do.

Anyone else have thoughts on Dragon Story notifications, particularly the new one?

Totally agree with you it happens to me all the te as well. So tired of that pop.

lauraleighashby
08-24-15, 09:20 PM
Yes yes yes!!! To all of the above!

zyfazix
08-25-15, 04:23 AM
I only turn on notifications when there's an active Tournament to remind me I have to fight. Right now I believe I have notifications turned off in the game settings but the new one pops up anyways. I don't need hourly reminders to play the game, the old notifications (except overflowing cash) give enough info about relevant things on the islands.

BiteMe111
08-25-15, 10:41 AM
The most stupid thing is that these notifications appear to be coming with at least a 15 minute delay. So sometimes I have been playing for 15 minutes and *while doing that* I receive a notification that "everyone is missing me". :(