PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with Gold Nugget Requirements

dragonspearls
08-24-15, 06:27 AM
It took me 10 months to save up 19 Gold Nuggets. I got the Jousting Arena Renovations goal (after leveling my arena to max level with coins) that requires the gold piping - I managed to make 4 after getting a nugget drop a few days ago. Since then, I now need 12 of the dang things:

Equestrian Race Event - 2 (level Jeweler to 5)

Jousting Arena Renovations - 5 (gold piping)

Discover Adamant - 5

Seriously S8?!?! These are a pretty rare drop, at least for me and you're requiring them out of the wazoo. To have them as a requirement in concurrent goals is outrageous.

I suppose it's because you want us to use gems to either skip the goals or pay for the nuggets we don't have and therefore buy gems using real world cash. Guess what? These goals will sit in the list until such time as I manage to get the drops. I have never and will never pay cash to complete any goal in any game.

If you're going to make them a requirement in so many goals, the drop rate needs to be increased. Or at least let us substitute Gold Eggs or Gold Apples (whichever we happen to have an abundance of) since gold is gold and form doesn't really matter when melting the gold down to make something (in the real world).

SpiritWind00
08-24-15, 02:46 PM
I can see you're frustrated... There is no need to use gems to complete main story untimed goals. Some goals take minutes, others months. That's just the reality of this game. Plus, if you only play once a day for example, then goals take even longer.

Gold nuggets are rare. The drop rates are unlikely to change. So, the best strategy to take would be to tackle one goal at a time. If you go on Explore Dark Caves adventures you're likely to get a nugget. Go on a rock cropping chopping frenzy. Make sure you have 2 sparkling mines and 2 deep mines. If you have a Dark Cave Formation in inventory, chop it, don't keep it. Wait until you have enough for 1 goal before using them.

Some players swear by having a minimum number of items in inventory to have better drop rates of that item (eg, min of 20). Personally, I have always found this to work but others would argue vehemently it doesn't. You have to find what works for you.

Pep talk over! Persevere, it's all you can do and good luck. We all have our fingers crossed for more gold to come your way. :)

janddolphins
08-25-15, 12:37 AM
I agree with SW. When first starting I thought I would never get enough but what I love about this game is that it's not a race and a long lasting game I can hopefully enjoy for many more years. Before you know it you will have all the supplies you need and more!

Doneraile
08-25-15, 02:29 PM
I'm so thankful for the threads, they help so much in stuck times like this one. Thank you everyone that contributes. I am a CS junkie and my impatience costs me a little money out of my pocket sometimes (LOL) but I justify that I deserve the enjoyment that I get from the game.

dragonspearls
08-26-15, 04:34 PM
More like ultra rare for me. 19 in 10 months is not a rare drop rate. The timing on Discover Adament is just the way it went as I advanced the story line. That one is dead last on the gold nugget waiting list. I got a nugget the other day, and one this morning (2 in 1 week ... <faint>) so I leveled my jeweler to 5 for the event. The jousting arena will have to wait until I have enough, although with the rumor of it helping with spawns during the next monster hunt, I'd really like to get it done. I'm one of those whose spawn rates dramatically dropped (as in almost nil) during the first hunt.

I've never had one drop from a Dark Cave Formation (all I've ever gotten is standard rock drops and coins), and I don't recall any from the Dark Caves adventure or from rock chopping (although I might have when my queendom was tiny and young and I chopped a lot of rocks all those months ago). I have 2 sparking mines and 1 deep mine. However, I can't add a second deep mine. When I try, the game tells me I need to be a higher level (currently 46, just a smidge away from 47). :/ Luckily, I am able to come into the game an collect the sparklings 4 times and the deep 2 times most days. So the lack of nuggets is not from a lack of frequent collecting.

If I am ever able to re-build my inventory, I will certainly give maintaining a minimum number of nuggets a try. Can't hurt, might help, so why not.

I do wish we could trade gold eggs or gold apples for nuggets. I think I have enough eggs to make a world record omelet.

MBerkay
08-31-15, 09:39 AM
I've been trying for gold nuggets for about a month now and haven't had one drop for me. I think this wasn't planned very well and need to be checked by the team. if they aren't going to drop how can I make gold rods?

rar745
08-31-15, 12:14 PM
The fastest way to get rare rocks, such as Adamant, Mithril, and Gold Nuggets, is the Jeweler's Trade in the Royal Exchange. Do it as often as possible to fill up on all of those, plus Stone, Iron, Coal, Silver, and Jewels. It is largely overlooked yet indispensable, in my opinion.

edit - - - I apologize. Gold Nuggets have never dropped from the Jeweler's Exchange. The only way to get Gold Nuggets is OVER TIME from the 4 mines, and level 5 mines drop the most. A good habit is to collect DAILY from the Sawmill (Living Wood), Hatchery (Gold Eggs), Stable (Wool), and mines (Gold Nuggets).

29vanilla
09-02-15, 11:18 AM
The fastest way to get rare rocks, such as Adamant, Mithril, and Gold Nuggets, is the Jeweler's Trade in the Royal Exchange. Do it as often as possible to fill up on all of those, plus Stone, Iron, Coal, Silver, and Jewels. It is largely overlooked yet indispensable, in my opinion.

I agree on this for Mithril especially. Adamant too but the drops are more rare. I have never had a gold nugget drop from the exchange. Is it a super super rare drop from the exchange? I'll keep trying if so. Otherwise I'm maxed on Mithril but still doing the exchange for adamant.

For Mithril, I decided not to buy the Mithril dragon even tho he looks cool. Lol

Enilon1
09-03-15, 09:08 AM
I wish we could forge gold nugget like adamant and Mithril.

robotparade
09-03-15, 05:02 PM
I am a CS junkie and my impatience costs me a little money out of my pocket sometimes (LOL) but I justify that I deserve the enjoyment that I get from the game.

That's me. I don't buy shoes and purses on a whim, so I figure I can treat myself to gems now and then.

megan1986pa
09-03-15, 06:33 PM
I can see you're frustrated... There is no need to use gems to complete main story untimed goals. Some goals take minutes, others months. That's just the reality of this game. Plus, if you only play once a day for example, then goals take even longer.

Gold nuggets are rare. The drop rates are unlikely to change. So, the best strategy to take would be to tackle one goal at a time. If you go on Explore Dark Caves adventures you're likely to get a nugget. Go on a rock cropping chopping frenzy. Make sure you have 2 sparkling mines and 2 deep mines. If you have a Dark Cave Formation in inventory, chop it, don't keep it. Wait until you have enough for 1 goal before using them.

Some players swear by having a minimum number of items in inventory to have better drop rates of that item (eg, min of 20). Personally, I have always found this to work but others would argue vehemently it doesn't. You have to find what works for you.

Pep talk over! Persevere, it's all you can do and good luck. We all have our fingers crossed for more gold to come your way. :)

So I tried to just crop 6 x dark rock formations and got nothing at all but stones. Waste....

SpiritWind00
09-03-15, 07:01 PM
So I tried to just crop 6 x dark rock formations and got nothing at all but stones. Waste....

oh no, that's terrible! you're right...waste. They should have coughed up at least 1 nugget for all your effort. Random drops can be incredibly frustrating can't they. I'm sorry it didn't drop any nuggets; for some they do. :(

anurulz
09-22-15, 11:03 PM
Jousting arena and now hamlet sucked up all my nuggets and NOW i have the adamant quest which needs 5 nuggets...UGH!!!!

EsmeW2
09-23-15, 10:45 AM
Jousting arena and now hamlet sucked up all my nuggets and NOW i have the adamant quest which needs 5 nuggets...UGH!!!!

The exact same thing happened to me with the Jousting Arena. All nuggets swallowed up and nothing new generated. If I'd known that they were going to stop dropping I would have left the jousting arena till later. In the end I spent several days using up all of my energy chopping piles of rocks till I generated the nuggets - I managed about one a day.

And a bit further on in the adamant story I've got a mithril shortage. Have not seen any drop for days and am reduced to making it from silver.

anurulz
09-23-15, 08:27 PM
The exact same thing happened to me with the Jousting Arena. All nuggets swallowed up and nothing new generated. If I'd known that they were going to stop dropping I would have left the jousting arena till later. In the end I spent several days using up all of my energy chopping piles of rocks till I generated the nuggets - I managed about one a day.

And a bit further on in the adamant story I've got a mithril shortage. Have not seen any drop for days and am reduced to making it from silver.

I had splurged on the mithril dragon quite sum time back coz i wanted a dragon badly ( before the forgotten roost quest) so mithril is not really an issue for me..am chopping all the unstorable rocks these days wenever i have a surplus of energy too...no nuggets..but then these are long term goals..just annoying tht the jousting arena, sir hamlet and the adamant quest came subsequently for me..

windyridge1991
10-05-15, 07:21 PM
What else do I need to purchase to mine gold nuggets.
Tired of spending real dollars...and neither of my mines are giving me gold.
:mad::mad::confused:

angela3737
10-05-15, 07:25 PM
I got most of mine with rock cropping ...not often though.. Maybe 1 every 5-7 rock groups of 20 hits each rock ...have lots of coin so only use coin, but short of energy since takes a lot of energy ..

squeessw
03-12-19, 04:58 PM

This is the second event in the past couple months that has required gold nuggets. The last one I didn?t say anything because it was just one of the goals. This current one has required me to spend six of the 10 I?ve been able to acquire over the past few months... and this time, I?m not happy at all about this. Unlike the original comment, I DO use my money to pay for gems. But I do that every once in a while, and I do it to get me over the edge if I?m close to meeting a goal but time is almost up and I?m not going to make it. I?ve played this game for quite some time now, and I?m beginning to realize I?m wasting my money. As a PAYING customer I?d hope my opinion matters, that timed goals should not require the use of ULTRA RARE items. Next time an event requires me to use any item as such, will be my last time playing AND paying for this game. Sorry but I?m just not satisfied.