PDA

View Full Version : spamming texts coming at almost midnight??

deekathleen
08-23-15, 08:44 PM
Are you even kidding me? It is almost midnight here and I just got a text alert telling me to come whip up some savory delights for customers. I have NONE of the notifications checked for a reason, I don't want to be sent messages about these games.

You ignore that and SEND ME A FREAKING SPAM TEXT AT ALMOST MIDNIGHT?

I'm not going to be freaked out by late night texts over this game.

deekathleen
08-24-15, 03:38 AM
I got another on at 4AM..........FOUR AM

lildvil
08-24-15, 05:47 AM
It's annoying indeed that they think it's ok to do that..I mean what's it to them when or if we cook or stock in our game.

CuteTali
08-24-15, 05:58 AM
They seem to be sending them out on all games, every 4 hours exactly. I am not going to log into a game every 4 hours, once or twice a day yeah, I want to live outside the games too you know, S8 don't seem to understand that at all.

deekathleen
08-24-15, 06:29 AM
Maybe they could give us the phone number of the genius who came up with this so we can send them texts between midnight and five am saying things like, hey our customers want some new decor get busy on that.

Natasha_07
08-24-15, 11:07 AM
I'm suddenly not getting notifications when food is ready in R.

I have this problem in B and thought it was restricted to that game alone since Friday, but R is also giving the same issues starting today (Monday).

Please fix, it's very annoying.

SparklyOctopus
08-24-15, 01:39 PM
Sorry to hear that! Can you double check your Settings in your device and see if the notifications are turned on there? Additionally, could you let us know what food you are making that is not providing notifications that they are ready?

rita6834
08-24-15, 02:05 PM
This is also happening to me is restaurant, bakery and fashion. I use an Android device. My notification's are turned on. Since Friday I'm getting notifications like for example in fashion " your customers want something new to buy, come restock your inventory." But not the food/clothes ready notifications.

Natasha_07
08-24-15, 04:45 PM
My settings are the same, enabled to receive notifications. I was cooking bagels but already served twice without any notifications, as stated in first post this started today in restaurant, the same started since Friday in bakery.

I'm playing on android.

StevesAllNightDiner
08-26-15, 03:02 AM
I'm the same here. Either I get no notification at all now in both rs and bs or I get them an hour later. Once I got notified the foods cooked too long and I took it off over an hour ago. Been playing both games since Jan. Haven't changed any settings since and this has always worked. But now its broken. Fix this PLEASE!

Snackz71
08-26-15, 09:52 AM
I am recently having the same issue in both BS and RS. I either get no notifications that dishes are ready or ones that say food has cooked too long even though I've already served the food. I have not changed the settings to my game since I started playing.

I'm on Android.

Natasha_07
08-26-15, 10:49 AM
Not addressing the issue S8 ?

meme1098
08-26-15, 02:59 PM
Don't hold your breath since many bugs since 6-26th are still not fixed!!!!

Can't return choice of a gift but have to go to neighbor list or their restaurant to gift
Huge windows with either giant font or mini-font.
And many more too numerous to list here!!
Why these haven't been fixed sooner is beyond ridiculous. They could have have been fixed within a week or so & gotten Apple approval for the update within 2 weeks...so it should have been done by the end of July but we're still waiting another month later than that - 2 months & no resolution so far!!!!

keio_b
08-27-15, 07:35 AM
Going on 7 days now and S8 hasn't even extended the courtesy to even let us know if they are aware of this. Some of us actually work for a living and are oncall 24-7. Turning my device off is NOT an option. To be told that I need to feed my chickens or bake a pie at 03:00 is absolutely absurd. However, what IS an option is uninstalling all my 21 TL games. Any business analyst will tell you, S8, that forcing your customers to quit and stop playing your games is not a wise business strategy. Really.

keio_b
08-27-15, 08:07 AM
FYI: From S8 Privacy Policy:

SMS Notifications & Push Notifications

We receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number, when you sign up to have SMS notifications sent directly to your mobile device. These messages notify you of in-game activity and may allow you to play the game from your phone. With your consent we may send push notifications to your mobile device to provide game updates and other relevant messages.

So how do I revoke the consent that I never granted in the first place?

deekathleen
08-27-15, 09:23 AM
Since I have NONE of the notifications checked they don't have consent. They seemed to have stopped now, so we will see what happens.

deekathleen
08-27-15, 09:25 AM
Going on 7 days now and S8 hasn't even extended the courtesy to even let us know if they are aware of this. Some of us actually work for a living and are oncall 24-7. Turning my device off is NOT an option. To be told that I need to feed my chickens or bake a pie at 03:00 is absolutely absurd. However, what IS an option is uninstalling all my 21 TL games. Any business analyst will tell you, S8, that forcing your customers to quit and stop playing your games is not a wise business strategy. Really.

Their business sense is baffling,that is without a doubt.

kooky panda
08-27-15, 10:19 AM
Not addressing the issue S8 ?
See post 7.
A Community manager is requesting more information on this issue.

(merging same topic threads)

keio_b
08-27-15, 10:35 AM
Sorry to hear that! Can you double check your Settings in your device and see if the notifications are turned on there? Additionally, could you let us know what food you are making that is not providing notifications that they are ready?

This is happening with ANY and ALL notifications. Whether it is recipes finished, or nbrs leaving a msg, or having been tipped... Both RS and BS. 2 hour delay. Started approx. 11:00am PST on Friday Aug 21. Multiple shops (that is diff user accts), on multiple devices. Something has happened, this is not a coincidence.

Natasha_07
08-27-15, 09:08 PM
See post 7.
A Community manager is requesting more information on this issue.

(merging same topic threads)

I already responded to that question in post 9.

Natasha_07
08-30-15, 11:16 AM
No answer!

Before my thread was merged it was about BROKEN NOTIFICATIONS not spam like the other thread that was merged with it, was about. :mad:
That's 2 different issues.

I'm currently not getting notifications when food is ready.

pipipooh1977
09-03-15, 05:41 PM
I was getting these annoying notifications too, but I went into my settings within my smartphone and found the RS & BS apps and unchecked the box to stop receiving notifications. Now I don't get them.

deekathleen
09-03-15, 05:52 PM
I was getting these annoying notifications too, but I went into my settings within my smartphone and found the RS & BS apps and unchecked the box to stop receiving notifications. Now I don't get them.

I never had any notifications checked and still got them.

keio_b
09-04-15, 07:07 AM
This is another response to the broken notifications thread that was incorrectly and improperly merged with an entirely different 'spamming' thread (guess the fewer complaints logged, the better their stats look...).

It is now 2 weeks and problem has not been fixed, let alone addressed. Notifications are coming in precisely 2 hours after an event has occurred. To be clear, an event refers to: neighbors tipping, recipes, ready, comments left on my wall. My notifications ARE turned on and always have been (clearly I am getting notifications, just not in what used to be a timely manner). So contrary to what support@storm8 suggested, this is not the case. Also, contrary to what support@storm8 suggested, my internet connection IS stable as I connect with5 bars at 150 Mb/sec. Nice brush off though. To reiterate, this occurs in multiple shops (that is different StormID's) and on different devices. Must be really difficult to admit fault... much easier to frustrate paying customers huh?

Natasha_07
09-04-15, 11:08 AM
Yes it's 2 weeks for me too, & to merge my thread was just wrong since it was 2 different issues.

I still don't get notifications and if I do get them, like you they come hours later for me across all games. All devices can't be wrong, it has to be the game itself considering the amount uninstalls I've done and the usuals.

This is another response to the broken notifications thread that was incorrectly and improperly merged with an entirely different 'spamming' thread (guess the fewer complaints logged, the better their stats look...).

It is now 2 weeks and problem has not been fixed, let alone addressed. Notifications are coming in precisely 2 hours after an event has occurred. To be clear, an event refers to: neighbors tipping, recipes, ready, comments left on my wall. My notifications ARE turned on and always have been (clearly I am getting notifications, just not in what used to be a timely manner). So contrary to what support@storm8 suggested, this is not the case. Also, contrary to what support@storm8 suggested, my internet connection IS stable as I connect with5 bars at 150 Mb/sec. Nice brush off though. To reiterate, this occurs in multiple shops (that is different StormID's) and on different devices. Must be really difficult to admit fault... much easier to frustrate paying customers huh?

meme1098
09-04-15, 03:29 PM
RS must at the very bottom of their priority list since we've also been waiting for bugs introduced with the June 26th update to be fixed!!! That's 10 weeks without any resolution to major bugs like not being able to return gifts without actually visiting or gifting from the nbr list, enlarged windows, buttons & text, & many more.

keio_b
09-04-15, 03:54 PM
OK, they are aware of the issue and it is being worked on... iOS probs going on 10 weeks now, maybe android will have a resolution by the New Year...

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?26274-Current-Known-Bugs-and-Issues-for-RS/page46

R5FanForever1
09-05-15, 07:34 AM
I started getting the spam messages a few days ago on my games. My food is also spoiling because of no notifications.:mad: I'm on an android.