PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on level 280

noialina
08-23-15, 02:02 AM
I've been stuck on level 280 for so days now. I must have tried 40+ times and I don't even get close to finishing it.
It seems to me that the first steps should be making the horizontal matches with the white gems in the upper two corners, then making the bombs. But maybe I'm going at this all wrong. Does anyone have any tips? Which puzzle pals should I use? I've tried quiet a few different combinations with no success.

jim23cash
08-23-15, 09:09 AM
Here is the team I used:

I don't remenber the layout, if you want to post a screen, I'll tell you my strategy. I otherwise, next time I have some lives, I'll go in and try to remember. Good luck! :D
BTW:if you look at some of the other threads under Diamond quest, especially the one named after the region, other people may have asked about the levels already. I think this one might be in the thread already for the current area. :D

jim23cash
08-23-15, 09:19 AM
I used only those two colors because all other colors have swirly things, so no gems count until all swirly things of that color are gone. I used only one purple because their are more "Ice" colored ones than purple. I remember trying the start many ways, but don't remember it taking a certain one. I always started with one of the two top corners, and then did the bottom corner, without making any moves that would mess up other side. Or you could do both upper corners first, then move to bottom corners.
Make as many special gems as possible, and next to whirly things if possible. Make as many combos as possible, and again, as close to whirly things as possible. Try to combine blasters and bombs; or potions with any special gem. Blast as much of the screen as possible, getting rid of whirly things each time.
If you don't have some of the pals I used, just find the lowest number pals in "Ice" or purple, with as many in "Ice" as possible. (One purple is good, because it gives chance for more hits).
Ok, hope all that helps, and is understandable!
:D. annie

noialina
08-23-15, 10:49 PM
Thanks so much Annie! I don't have most of the pets you used, but followed your advice and used 3 ice and 1 purple. I finally passed the level! :)

Next time I'll check the area thread first. Thanks for the tip! This is my first time on the forum, so I'm not sure how everything works yet.

noialina
08-23-15, 11:02 PM
For anyone else who's stuck this is the team I used:

noialina
08-23-15, 11:20 PM

Good luck to whoever is still stuck on this level!

jim23cash
08-25-15, 03:33 AM

Good luck to whoever is still stuck on this level!

Congratuations and Welcome to the forum!! :D