PDA

View Full Version : Notification is annoying

elektraalpha
08-23-15, 12:31 AM
Other than this issue http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84112-Can-t-connect-to-all-story-games-with-wifi
Which happen to ALL of story/storm8 games, there is other issue.
I have ticked off the comment notification in game for restaurant, bakery and fashion. But still got.
With setting only food ready on.
My app version
This is annoying and you should stop this. May this is cause to disrupt with wifi. Since the 2 issues start at the same time.

deekathleen
08-23-15, 06:29 AM
I have always had NO notifications checked. Now suddenly I'm being spammed with text alerts about cooking food??? I have chosen to not get text alerts for a reason and your company is choosing to ignore my request and be disrespectful and spam me? Since your company operates on a different time zone than I am in can I expect to now be awoken in the middle of the night with a spamming text telling me to go cook up food?

itsmesurprise
08-23-15, 08:01 AM
I agree. This just started happening. I don't like it. I choose to get notifications only when I cook something. Now I'm getting random notifications and there seems to be no way to prevent it.

lauraleighashby
08-23-15, 08:53 AM
What is the point of this? If people are playing your game and have alerts set, then they are already checking in. If they are taking a break from the game, then your annoying spam texts will do nothing more than have them uninstall the game. If people have notices turned off, that doesn't mean that they DO want your spam. I see no way that this practice will increase your downloads or good will rating. It is annoying and screwing up the notices we do want.

cherrycolafreak
08-23-15, 10:43 AM
I'm recently getting alerts TO COOK food or bake in Bakery, Restaurant & Restaurant 2.

The only one I'm constantly getting it in is in bakery.

I'm a daily player so why am I getting these annoying notifications???

Why should I be told to play the games when I am already playing the games?
I cook in your games everyday.

At first I thought these alerts meant that there was going to be some kind of special cooking contest but nope..... nothing.

These alerts are useless to me so please stop with them.

Thank you.

deekathleen
08-23-15, 08:47 PM
Omg it is almost midnight here and I just got an unwanted spam text telling me to whip up some savory delights. Unfreakingreal.

elektraalpha
08-23-15, 09:31 PM
I'll uninstall ALL storm8 apps, if any of these issues aren't resolved in Friday.

stephanie40403
08-24-15, 02:51 AM
I'm android and I'm getting this annoying one and its hit and miss if km getting the one to tell me my food is done. I've had so much wasted food over the last few days.

deekathleen
08-24-15, 03:30 AM
I got another one at 4AM. I can't have this happening. If this is not addressed and fixed I will have no choice but to uninstall rs and bs. I can't keep being woke up in the middle of the night with this stuff.

CuteTali
08-24-15, 06:00 AM
This is annoying and you should stop this. May this is cause to disrupt with wifi. Since the 2 issues start at the same time.

That Uninstall button does seem more and more tempting the more spam I get....

deekathleen
08-24-15, 06:37 AM
I agree. I get sent a text alert at four am and I freak out thinking something bad has happened. Why else would someone text me at four am.

ajtx14
08-24-15, 08:17 AM
This started happening to me a few days ago - all kinds of spam notifications at all hours for the various games I play (Castle, Bakery, Restaurant, Fashion, etc.). Turning off all notifications in game doesn't help. Actual notifications for when my food/items are ready seem to work on and off, no pattern to that issue. Please fix! Thanks!

ChickieCago
08-24-15, 10:39 AM
These notifications are completely messing up my collection methods after 4 years of playing. An icon appears on my device notification tab, and it's not for collections at all. Everything is expiring or spoiling. I hate this. I also hate the new direction of all these games. I'm starting to hate you Storm 8 or Team Lava.... or whatever you're calling yourself today.

starcharm
08-25-15, 02:46 PM
I'm getting the same message every 5 minutes (sometimes doubles in the same moment): "It's time to get baking! Whip up delicious treats in Bakery Story today!"

Thanks to this, I've gotten no sleep, my partner has gotten no sleep, we are slacking at work due to being so tired, people around me are complaining and so are my coworkers. I can't silence my phone for personal reasons. Turning off notifications doesn't seem to stop the spam either.

Like the other players, I'm a regular and check in daily. There is no need for this kind of harassment. If it doesn't stop, I will have to uninstall. I'm not going to damage my health or get myself fired over a game.

elektraalpha
08-25-15, 06:16 PM

Try to tick off that box in the pic or put your phone on vibration. (Setting your sound to 0)
Hope that help.

deekathleen
08-25-15, 06:22 PM
I'm getting the same message every 5 minutes (sometimes doubles in the same moment): "It's time to get baking! Whip up delicious treats in Bakery Story today!"

Thanks to this, I've gotten no sleep, my partner has gotten no sleep, we are slacking at work due to being so tired, people around me are complaining and so are my coworkers. I can't silence my phone for personal reasons. Turning off notifications doesn't seem to stop the spam either.

Like the other players, I'm a regular and check in daily. There is no need for this kind of harassment. If it doesn't stop, I will have to uninstall. I'm not going to damage my health or get myself fired over a game.

I know, it's ridiculous, text alerts coming between midnight and four am.

deekathleen
08-25-15, 06:25 PM
Try to tick off that box in the pic or put your phone on vibration. (Setting your sound to 0)
Hope that help.

Nothing personal but I'm not turning my phone down or off. What if someone needs to reach me for an emergency?

aiyoosha
08-25-15, 06:29 PM
Nothing personal but I'm not turning my phone down or off. What if someone needs to reach me for an emergency?

exactly! no one shoul have to turn their off or on silent cuz of s8.

elektraalpha
08-25-15, 09:07 PM
Tick off the notification box is by app (see the pic it's on setting > app > which your app you don't wanna see its notification) Nothing effect your phone (you can still left it ring but nothing will come on the app you tick it off. But if that doesn't work, another way is to turn on vibration.

aiyoosha
08-25-15, 09:37 PM
Tick off the notification box is by app (see the pic it's on setting > app > which your app you don't wanna see its notification) Nothing effect your phone (you can still left it ring but nothing will come on the app you tick it off. But if that doesn't work, another way is to turn on vibration.

Sorry but people shouldn't have to put it on silent or vibration anything. Would if there's an emergency in the family, they are not gonna risk that all for storm8 notifications.

elektraalpha
08-25-15, 10:00 PM
Then just turn the notification on app off. The first way on my suggestion. Tick that box on BS, any storm8 games off. Notification won't come from those app. Your FB, LINE, WeChat or other google can still put notices to you. And your phone can still ring.

The vibrations is ANOTHER way. Not that you should do both.

Thought, leaving my phone ringing or notification sound all the way on work is more to annoy my colleagues and not great on ppl look on my manner.

lauraleighashby
08-26-15, 06:35 AM
Turning off all notifications seems not to be working...it stops the normal notices but not the spam.

deekathleen
08-26-15, 07:14 AM
Then just turn the notification on app off. The first way on my suggestion. Tick that box on BS, any storm8 games off. Notification won't come from those app. Your FB, LINE, WeChat or other google can still put notices to you. And your phone can still ring.

The vibrations is ANOTHER way. Not that you should do both.

Thought, leaving my phone ringing or notification sound all the way on work is more to annoy my colleagues and not great on ppl look on my manner.

I have never had any notifications turned on, they have always been off. I still get the spam notifications.

The spam notifications for me, are not coming during the day, they were coming between midnight and four AM.

I'm not going to turn my phone off at night nor should I have to just to avoid not being woken up with some spam message telling me that pixel people would like me to cook them up some delicious food.