PDA

View Full Version : Animal Update: Comet Cougar

matiasabad94
08-21-15, 11:41 AM
New animal.

SummerNightSky
08-21-15, 11:44 AM
With a name like that, it would've made a good Cosmic critter. I'm glad it's not limited :)

calvinxx
08-21-15, 11:47 AM
I CANT HANDLE ANY MORE CATS!!!!

Ok rant over.
At least while I try for this I will have a chance at getting the Pygmey Giraffe which I still don't have

SummerNightSky
08-21-15, 11:51 AM
There's still a bunch of cat species they haven't used ;)

calvinxx
08-21-15, 02:13 PM
I'm assuming this is it. 17 hour breed time

SummerNightSky
08-21-15, 02:20 PM
Congrats! The egg looks pretty cool, and I think the adult and epic forms look pretty nice.

Drachenia
08-21-15, 02:52 PM
Hi I have breeding now with Crystal Unicorn / Craguar get 5x Racmoon, Dream Bat, Pygmy Giraffe and again 13 hours :( :( :(

calvinxx
08-21-15, 03:09 PM
I was breeding with Jade Kirin and any Electric / Earth hybrid hoping for a Unicorn or Citrine Peregrin or Pygmy Giraffe as fails. And I got 10 Racmoons, a Dream Bat, an Obsidian Cyclops (sold it cuz I already have 1) and a Koala Kadabra and then I got the Cosmic Cougar

Hawksmoor
08-21-15, 03:56 PM
Hmm, I guess I got it first try! Put Rock Rhino and Skyger in the den and got 17 hrs. I wasn't sure what I had until I checked here. Lucky me :-)

ogreve
08-21-15, 04:15 PM
Huh?!
For me this animal only appears in the Beach Adventure version of the game, and not in the normal FFS one?!?
Do any of you see the splash screen for it in FFS? Same for the shop: it appears in Animal Party, and not in FFS....

RowanaFarrin
08-21-15, 04:34 PM
Huh?!
For me this animal only appears in the Beach Adventure version of the game, and not in the normal FFS one?!?
Do any of you see the splash screen for it in FFS? Same for the shop: it appears in Animal Party, and not in FFS....

Me too, actually. I just checked Animal Story and I got the pop up there, but not in my base game. Weird. I'm not actually using the beach story since I wasn't too fond of all the bright yellow so I hope it's not needed for this animal?

Hawksmoor
08-21-15, 04:48 PM
Huh?!

Me too, actually. I just checked Animal Story and I got the pop up there, but not in my base game. Weird. I'm not actually using the beach story since I wasn't too fond of all the bright yellow so I hope it's not needed for this animal?

Hmm, looks like it's only available in Animal Story ? It's not listed in the shop in FFS and it's not in the album in FFS either.

Animal Story album

FFS album

LonePudding
08-21-15, 05:10 PM
This animal isn't even beach themed, why isn't it in the normal game? The shark is more beach-y yet available on the normal game.

Hawksmoor
08-21-15, 05:21 PM
I just got a pop-up on my iPad, it says the Comet Cougar has crash landed on your beach, not forest. Guess it's incentive to download the game if you want to get this one.

Drachenia
08-22-15, 08:49 AM
Hi I have breeding now with Crystal Unicorn / Craguar get 5x Racmoon, Dream Bat, Pygmy Giraffe and again 13 hours :( :( :(
I'ts Dream Bat, against 9 hours

kuppikahvia
08-22-15, 11:49 AM
Ouch... I had just deleted the beach version.... :D

TokiChunsa
08-22-15, 07:53 PM
That's no fair. The games are the same so the animals should be the same too. What's the point on having 2 versions of the same game?

Brambles2
08-22-15, 11:04 PM
So, what happens if you breed it in Beach version, I've a 17 hour egg there with Skyger & Rhino, may I now revert to original game or will something happen when I move it to nest or hatch it?

PLEASE COULD MODERATORS LET US KNOW? Thanks.

Hawksmoor
08-23-15, 05:32 AM
So, what happens if you breed it in Beach version, I've a 17 hour egg there with Skyger & Rhino, may I now revert to original game or will something happen when I move it to nest or hatch it?

PLEASE COULD MODERATORS LET US KNOW? Thanks.

I bred a Comet Cougar in the beach version of the game and hatched it. I just opened my FFS version of the game and he's sitting comfortably in its habitat. Look how cute he is :-) Although if I do recall correctly once I had locked in the 17hr breeding time it showed up in both versions of the game in the breeding den and the nest. So, you can only breed it using the Animal Story version of the game, but it will transfer over to FFS. Hopefully there's no mishaps and it stays there!

Brambles2
08-23-15, 06:59 AM
thanks for that info. Sadly, I was a fool & moved it to the nest in Fantasy version so it is a Pigmy Giraffe, perhaps it always was, I'll never know.

So much going on with the tournament, but mainly because I was planning which next breed would be ideal for timing of Swan Lake tomorrow.

Drachenia
08-24-15, 04:33 PM
I got with Crystal Unicorn / Craguar only Racmoon. Now have breeding with Jade Kirin / Craguar and got 3 Racmoon, Tream Beat and now get Comet Cougar

Hawksmoor
08-24-15, 04:40 PM
I got with Crystal Unicorn / Craguar only Racmoon. Now have breeding with Jade Kirin / Craguar and got 3 Racmoon, Tream Beat and now get Comet Cougar

Congrats!

SummerNightSky
08-24-15, 06:13 PM
I've made a few attempts at breeding this, and so far I've gotten:

Lv.10 Skyger x Lv.10 Rock Rhino
1. Racmoon *new*
2. Racmoon
3. Dream Bat *new*

Lv.11 Spruce Moose x Lv.10 Rock Rhino
1. Planther *new*
2. Dream Bat

tennysonrobin
08-24-15, 07:44 PM
Helpppp I deleted beach party version so now i cant see the cougar in the original one. Searched on app store but couldnt find it. Anyone knows about this pleasssseee help me :((((( thank you so much

Animenia
08-25-15, 02:29 AM
Helpppp I deleted beach party version so now i cant see the cougar in the original one. Searched on app store but couldnt find it. Anyone knows about this pleasssseee help me :((((( thank you so much

Beach party version is called Animal Story - enter it in the app store and you'll find this :) It's still available :)

sweetdeda
08-25-15, 04:52 AM

Go to your App Store and look for 'purchased' it should still be in your cloud so you can redownload it.

ogreve
08-25-15, 01:38 PM
I just put my epic Swan Princess in the den with the epic Ancient Sloth for the second time and this time I got a 17 hours timer!
I'm very, very happy with it, because whatever it is, will be something new for my forest! I did make sure to initiate the breeding from the Animal Story app, and not from the FFS one.
According to the breeding calculator at the Wikia (which hasn't been updated for more than a month or so), the only other 17 hour outcomes of this combination are the Pygmy Giraffe and the Sea Drake, both of which are super rares, and both of which are much sought after by me, so I'm really happy with this outcome! :)

Hawksmoor
08-25-15, 04:18 PM
I just put my epic Swan Princess in the den with the epic Ancient Sloth for the second time and this time I got a 17 hours timer!
I'm very, very happy with it, because whatever it is, will be something new for my forest! I did make sure to initiate the breeding from the Animal Story app, and not from the FFS one.
According to the breeding calculator at the Wikia (which hasn't been updated for more than a month or so), the only other 17 hour outcomes of this combination are the Pygmy Giraffe and the Sea Drake, both of which are super rares, and both of which are much sought after by me, so I'm really happy with this outcome! :)

Instead of looking at the breeding calculator on that "other" page to see what the outcome is for a particular breeding time, I always use the "eggs" search option and then see what's listed under the breeding time. That always seems pretty much right up to date.

Congrats on your 17 hr "mystery" animal! It's always exciting when there's multiple outcomes and you don't have any of them!

oo56
08-25-15, 06:24 PM
Got this creature on my first try with a Level 10 Rock Rhino and Level 10 Skyger! Can't believe my luck!;)

Hawksmoor
08-25-15, 06:54 PM
Got this creature on my first try with a Level 10 Rock Rhino and Level 10 Skyger! Can't believe my luck!;)

That's great! Congrats!

ogreve
08-26-15, 10:49 AM
Excellent news!
It was the Comet Cougar alright!
Considering the possibility that the beach game may work for a limited time only, it may effectively be a "limited animal" after all, so I guess this is the best outcome of the three possibilities.
It's safe and sound on the nest now. I put in another breeding with the same animals and got a Rainguin; bummer that it leaves a useless 12 hour gap, but well, the night is part of that gap, so I'll just sit it out...

Sandybellee
08-26-15, 11:05 AM
Excellent news!
It was the Conet Cougar alright!
Considering the possibility that the beach game my work for a limited time only, it may effectively be a "limited animal" after all, so I guess this is the best outcome of the three possibilities.
It's safe and sound on the nest now. I put in another breeding with the same animals and got a Rainguin; bummer that it leaves a useless 12 hour gap, but well, the night is part of that gap, so I'll just sit it out...

Congrats! I decided to try for this one as well although I have almost every dark-earth animal (hence likely lots of fails coming) since it may dissappear with the beach game.

Sandybellee
08-27-15, 12:34 AM
Ok, here are my tries:

1) Racmoon
2) Racmoon
3) Dream Bat (new animal - the only other one I was still missing from this combo)
4) Dream Bat

ogreve
08-27-15, 02:12 AM
Alright,
I found a good spot for it!
I put it in the Mystic Mire where it very happily shares a place to live with the Craguar and one of my Seahorses and Glacial Griffins. All animals are distributed nicely, are well matched (IMO) and are not all over one another (most of the time).
I'm curious if the Animal Story game will or will not disappear after some time, and I also wonder if there will be more animals that can only be bred from either AS or FFS and not from the other one....
I can at least confirm that as soon as the Comet Cougar has successfully been bred it works just fine in FFS too.
It also shows up normally in the FFS album too, once it's available in the forest.

I must also say that for once I got this surprisingly easily. It was gotten with a 4-element breed (Swan Princess + Ancient Sloth) and I already got it on the second try. I'm really not used to having that happen! I wonder if perhaps despite it being a super rare, the breeding odds are more like those of a rare...

Either way: I'm very glad I got it so easily, now I can move on to trying for other animals. :)

23223 23224 23225 23226 23227

Sandybellee
08-27-15, 12:16 PM
Yay! I got it! Had to speed the 17 h breeding I got to make sure it wasn't a Giraffe. Even the egg is beautiful! Now trying for the new dark-nature animal (and all the others except for Planther and Punk Skunk). Good luck everyone!

Drachenia
08-27-15, 12:26 PM
I have had 70,000 food and Comet Cougar of LVL 10 fed and now I have 4,764 fodder. I wonder how can you create a food reserve for event and then for your other animals also have food that is so hard to. Please TL 30 minutes farm crops where 1.000.000 million coins will cost and gets a crops of 2000

kimbekaw
08-28-15, 12:19 PM
I think Comet Courgar was limited. I'm super bummed out! I didn't think it was; and regardless, I never managed to breed one! :(

ninasidstorm8
08-28-15, 12:20 PM
I don't see the Comet Cougar in the Market or my album anymore. It looks like it left the forest. Missed another one.

ogreve
08-28-15, 12:31 PM
I don't see the Comet Cougar in the Market or my album anymore. It looks like it left the forest. Missed another one.

Ouch!
I'm sorry to hear that!
Odd that it wasn't listed as being limited...

Sandybellee
08-28-15, 12:35 PM
Oh wow! I was so lucky to get it last night then! Sorry for everyone who missed out.

SummerNightSky
08-28-15, 12:44 PM
Aww :( I wish they had listed it as limited, I would have put in more of an effort to get it. Hope it not being listed as limited was just an oversight on TL/S8's part.

tennysonrobin
08-29-15, 01:25 AM
To TL: i think the sudden removal of the comet cougar is unacceptable. At least you have to announced it first so we would plan the breeding and try to get it in time. I didnt know so during its availability i did not even give it a single try, not knowing it would soon disappear!!! I dont understand why it s that hard to inform us beforehand. Unless it s better for a further value pack release or sth... Seriously...

EviBrooklyn
08-29-15, 05:29 AM
To TL: i think the sudden removal of the comet cougar is unacceptable. At least you have to announced it first so we would plan the breeding and try to get it in time. I didnt know so during its availability i did not even give it a single try, not knowing it would soon disappear!!! I dont understand why it s that hard to inform us beforehand. Unless it s better for a further value pack release or sth... Seriously...

I agree with you. I had no clue it was limited.