PDA

View Full Version : Gem Dispenser

chillez
08-21-15, 11:17 AM
I just got a pop up to buy a gem dispenser for 225 gems that gives out 1 gem every 12 hours. Has anybody else seen that?

edit(KP)

In answer to some questions on the gem dispenser:

1. The item is permanent and you can collect from it forever, as long as you are in a supported version (see #4).
2. It will only hold a maximum of 1 gem. To get the most out of it, you should collect from it as close to every 12 hours as possible.
3. The gem does not expire if you do not collect it. It will just not accumulate any additional gems until it is collected.
4. It is only supported in iOS 1.7.6+. It is not supported on Android

Edit (KP) 12-2-16

The gem dispenser is no longer available.

geordieprogman
08-21-15, 11:29 AM
Yeah I got it as well. I'd love to know how it works though. I'm considering buying it as you'd get your gems back after 16 weeks.

Does it add the gem direct to your gems?
If not do you have to click on it every 12 hours to get your gem?
Does it have to be placed into your bakery or is it just in the background dispensing gems?

chillez
08-21-15, 11:33 AM
I went ahead and bought one because I just couldn't help it. It takes up 1 square and it has the count down thing going like food does so I'm thinking it has to be clicked on. My first gem will be ready in the middle of the night so I won't know about getting it until the morning.

Anybody is free to add me to see it in my bakery. It's in the top corner where the 2 real walls meet.

geordieprogman
08-21-15, 12:05 PM
I think I'll go ahead and get one. I'll have to set my alarm for it lol. Thanks chillez.

tromalyt
08-21-15, 12:15 PM
I bought one. :)

NoWayCupcake
08-21-15, 12:30 PM
So unsure about this! Hmm.

geordieprogman
08-21-15, 01:08 PM
I wish the "watch video to speed up" worked on it lol.

filochick1982
08-21-15, 01:25 PM
Very tempted to get this! I wonder if the gems stop coming after a certain point or is it forever as long as you keep the dispenser on display? And do they "expire" like food if you don't "collect" them after a certain amount of time has passed? I wish they'd included more information about it! 225 gems is huge investment! I'm still getting 2 free gems a day from watching videos so I'd get my gems back quicker than 16 weeks. If they continue, it would be 8 weeks.

deekathleen
08-21-15, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't buy it without more info at the very least. Does it give gems forever? Can you collect the gems at any time or do you have to be right there to get them? Do they go bad in an additional 12 hours and then you lose that gem? Seems like a big out lay of cash with not much description.

NoWayCupcake
08-21-15, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't buy it without more info at the very least. Does it give gems forever? Can you collect the gems at any time or do you have to be right there to get them? Do they go bad in an additional 12 hours and then you lose that gem? Seems like a big out lay of cash with not much description.

Agree, and they're not giving us very long to decide. I think my popup said the offer ends Sunday?

Torkulon
08-21-15, 02:51 PM
Invited Chillez to take a look at the dispenser, but I can't see it at all. Top corner is empty for me. I'm on android. So disappointed. I planned to log into bakery through other family member's ipad and buy this dispenser to use it in my game on my android tablet. Thanks God I didn't do it.

geordieprogman
08-21-15, 03:08 PM
Invited Chillez to take a look at the dispenser, but I can't see it at all. Top corner is empty for me. I'm on android. So disappointed. I planned to log into bakery through other family member's ipad and buy this dispenser to use it in my game on my android tablet. Thanks God I didn't do it.

I am so pleased that you posted this. I was going to get one for my wife as she uses an android tablet. I've just checked on my bakery using her tablet. It is just an empty space. I thought that it was maybe just not showing but there's nothing there. Phew, she would have wasted all those gems. Thanks Torkulon.

Bakerling
08-21-15, 03:42 PM
Wonder is this forever or for just a limit of time???

Bakerling
08-21-15, 03:46 PM
I just got a pop up to buy a gem dispenser for 225 gems that gives out 1 gem every 12 hours. Has anybody else seen that?

Does it give 1 gem every 12 hours forever or will there be a cap limit for number of gems?
How do we get gems from the dispenser?

Bakerling
08-21-15, 03:51 PM
Agree, and they're not giving us very long to decide. I think my popup said the offer ends Sunday?

If the offer ends Sunday then the dispenser will cost 450 gems will no longer be 225 gems to buy.

filochick1982
08-21-15, 04:25 PM
I think it works like an appliance when you have to tap on it to release the gem.

Does it give 1 gem every 12 hours forever or will there be a cap limit for number of gems?
How do we get gems from the dispenser?

ElaineCarrel
08-21-15, 04:34 PM
I for 1 am not falling for this gem trap. Having to wait over 6 was, 112.5 days or 3,75 months just to get the gems I spent to purchase it originally is ridiculous. Plus not knowing if it's here to stay or will only operate for a set period of time I'm not risking that many gems. Besides I'd have to spend real money to have enough gems to make the purchase, no thx TL. U may keep the gem dispenser.

Cadeely
08-21-15, 08:49 PM
its sounds amazing. But i'm about 180 gems short. :(

Bakerling
08-21-15, 08:54 PM
I for 1 am not falling for this gem trap. Having to wait over 6 was, 112.5 days or 3,75 months just to get the gems I spent to purchase it originally is ridiculous. Plus not knowing if it's here to stay or will only operate for a set period of time I'm not risking that many gems. Besides I'd have to spend real money to have enough gems to make the purchase, no thx TL. U may keep the gem dispenser.

I agree too. Since I am already at level 99 why should I need so many gems for? I have expand to the maximum and I don't want to use real $$$ on buying gems just for this game. It is not worth.

Bakerling
08-21-15, 09:02 PM
I believe that the goal coming soon will need gems to complete. So I will reserve all my gems for the goal instead of spending so many gems just for this gems dispenser. For those players who can watch video to get free gems, spend time watching video is much better than to buy this gems dispenser. Watching video is free and can get free gems.

By the way, this Gems dispenser is only available for all IOS users only. Android users cannot find this Gems dispenser. Is not fair for all android users.

filochick1982
08-21-15, 09:17 PM
I bought one! No regrets. Plus I had a gem sale so got them at 30% off. 8 weeks from now I'll be laughing all the way to gem bank!

minmelodisz
08-21-15, 09:40 PM
I play 2 accounts and this older one I started in 2011 never had that 'watch video for gems' option so I'm very tempted to buy it but I really need to know if it works forever.

Lenkapon
08-21-15, 09:42 PM
I'm sure that it will work forever.

jbgarza09
08-21-15, 11:35 PM
Wish I still had my gems to get it! 😔

geordieprogman
08-22-15, 12:54 AM
Just to let everyone know. The gem doesn't go directly to your gem balance. It works like an oven, so you have to click on it once the timer gets down to zero. I would have preferred it the first way.

minidemon88
08-22-15, 02:26 AM
Is there a limit on how many dispenser you can purchase?

Dragosle
08-22-15, 02:32 AM
Seem to be for iOS only. I'm on Android and I didn't see anything. Sad :(

geordieprogman
08-22-15, 03:08 AM
Is there a limit on how many dispenser you can purchase?

I've only bought one on both of my bakeries but I can still buy more if I wanted too. I wish I had enough gems to buy another one. It's just in the floor decorations tab.

geordieprogman
08-22-15, 03:12 AM

Yes it is iOS only. If you're on android make sure you don't buy one using someone else's iOS device. You still won't be able to see it on your android. I almost made that mistake as I was going to get one for my wife. She would have wasted 225 gems!

It is so unfair though. I wish that storm8 would treat all players the same.

thecoolgu2
08-22-15, 04:33 AM
I believe that the goal coming soon will need gems to complete. So I will reserve all my gems for the goal instead of spending so many gems just for this gems dispenser. For those players who can watch video to get free gems, spend time watching video is much better than to buy this gems dispenser. Watching video is free and can get free gems.

By the way, this Gems dispenser is only available for all IOS users only. Android users cannot find this Gems dispenser. Is not fair for all android users.
What kind of goal requires gems to complete? :O

chillez
08-22-15, 06:04 AM
What kind of goal requires gems to complete? :O

A couple goals ago the monthly goal required gem use. It made a lot of people mad and they haven't done it again......but there's always a chance

bexiboo2
08-22-15, 06:06 AM
Yay! This is a great idea. I only just had enough gems to buy it (I always save gems up to spend at Christmas, so will have made enough gems again by then.) I'm at level 99 and have mastered most dishes so gaining gems would soon be impossible for me without spending money.

It does cost a lot of gems even on sale, but in the long-term it will pay off.

Bakerling
08-22-15, 08:23 AM

Yes is only for all IOS users. Not available for android.

LalaSmooth
08-22-15, 09:56 AM
When will android users get something nice??? Oh yeah never

PepperWoo
08-22-15, 10:33 AM
Based on my experience with gold-giving dragons in Dragon Story, this new Gem Dispenser is a certainly a good investment especially if you're a regular player. You might think 16 weeks is a long time wait to break-even but if you play everyday and spend countless of hours in this game, 16 weeks will just fly by and it will be positive earnings after that. For those worrying about the coming Black Friday, if you buy it now and collect from it every 12 hours without fail, you would already have made around 190 gems back by the time BF kicks in and that's not too bad. However, I have some questions that I really hope the mods/anyone will answer before the sale ends.

1. Does the dispenser have a limited lifespan or can we use it forever?

2. I read that there's a timer counting down to 0 (collection time). Does that mean the dispenser can only hold 1 gem at a time and will not accumulate any further until you've collected?

3. Do the gems expire if not collected within a certain period of time?

deekathleen
08-22-15, 10:41 AM
When will android users get something nice??? Oh yeah never

I know, right.

deekathleen
08-22-15, 10:42 AM
Based on my experience with gold-giving dragons in Dragon Story, this new Gem Dispenser is a certainly a good investment especially if you're a regular player. You might think 16 weeks is a long time wait to break-even but if you play everyday and spend countless of hours in this game, 16 weeks will just fly by and it will be positive earnings after that. For those worrying about the coming Black Friday, if you buy it now and collect from it every 12 hours without fail, you would already have made around 190 gems back by the time BF kicks in and that's not too bad. However, I have some questions that I really hope the mods/anyone will answer before the sale ends.

2. I read that there's a timer counting down to 0 (collection time). Does that mean the dispenser can only hold 1 gem at a time and will not accumulate any further until you've collected?

Since the offer ends Sunday I don't think you are going to get those answers before the sale price offer expires.

PepperWoo
08-22-15, 10:49 AM
Since the offer ends Sunday I don't think you are going to get those answers before the sale price offer expires.

That's what I'm afraid of. It's not the first time they release something that needs clarification over the weekend where support is less active.

chillez
08-22-15, 10:51 AM

The answer to 2 is it only holds 1. When you collect that 1 the countdown starts again from 12 hours.

minidemon88
08-22-15, 10:59 AM
I've only bought one on both of my bakeries but I can still buy more if I wanted too. I wish I had enough gems to buy another one. It's just in the floor decorations tab.

Great! Thanks for the info! :D

PepperWoo
08-22-15, 11:05 AM
The answer to 2 is it only holds 1. When you collect that 1 the countdown starts again from 12 hours.

Thanks for this! :)

minidemon88
08-22-15, 11:12 AM
If it breaks down one day, we should demand for a refund. Since there's no indication anywhere in-game that the dispenser has a limited lifespan. XD

Gem dispenser => great but hell expansive! ;)

PepperWoo
08-22-15, 12:49 PM

One more:

4. I don't see this offer nor the item itself on people's bakeries (like how people on Android say they can't) on iOS version 1.7.5 but it is there once I updated to the faulty 1.7.6. If I buy it using 1.7.6 and then downgrade to 1.7.5, will it still work or not?

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
08-22-15, 01:10 PM
Once again, no love for Android users!

filochick1982
08-22-15, 03:03 PM
One more:

4. I don't see this offer nor the item itself on people's bakeries (like how people on Android say they can't) on iOS version 1.7.5 but it is there once I updated to the faulty 1.7.6. If I buy it using 1.7.6 and then downgrade to 1.7.5, will it still work or not?

1.7.6? I'm on iOS 8.4.1! Are the updates different per country? From Australia here. How do you even downgrade once you've upgraded?

deekathleen
08-22-15, 03:20 PM
1.7.6? I'm on iOS 8.4.1! Are the updates different per country? From Australia here. How do you even downgrade once you've upgraded?

1.7.6 is the game version.

deekathleen
08-22-15, 03:46 PM
Once again, no love for Android users!

Cause programing for android is hard...... seriously, anyone else have a job where they would get away with saying, this part of my job is hard and it is complicated, so I'm going to only do half of what I was hired to do. ???????

ilaria2464
08-22-15, 03:54 PM
From a business standpoint releasing this over the weekend wasn't smart. It says the 50% sale ends tomorrow, yet they hardly gave any info on the dispenser. All of these questions need to be answered! Especially because of how EXPENSIVE it is. I would consider buying it but I need a 30% gem sale or no deal. The offer should be extended past Sunday so people actually have the time to purchase gems.

LIDA3209
08-22-15, 05:30 PM
Hi, I bought the Gem Dispenser the other day. Yes you do have to tap on the machine every 12 hours to get the gem, but then it instantly starts the 12 hour time period again. I've already gotten 3 gems, figure it will pay for itself in 3 1/2 months and keep on giving me 2 gems daily. Figured I'd take a chance and so far I'm happy with my purchase.

filochick1982
08-22-15, 07:22 PM
Got mine yesterday morning and collected my 2nd gem this morning. Then collected 2 other gems from watching videos. I hope that offer continues for a while!

Rynetory2
08-22-15, 07:29 PM

One more:

I don't work for S8, so I can be wrong. I'm basing on my games and technical experiences.

Answers
1. It should be forever like the dragons in DS and the show ponies in FS2.
2. It holds a gem until you collect it. Then the timer counts down.
3. I don't think gem will expire. My other games didn't. They just stay there till I collect.
4. Best for s8 to answer but by then the sale may have ended. IMHO, it may not work in 1.7.5 since the dispenser is released in 1.7.6. I can't find 1.7.5 in App Store.

olcastle
08-22-15, 08:31 PM
One more:

I bought it with 1.7.6 and it's invisible on 1.7.5

3squares
08-22-15, 09:24 PM
One more:

I didn't get a popup for the gem dispenser. I'm on iOS and have a bakery on my phone and my iPad, both have the most current iOS.

But I do not have the most current version of Bakery. The reviews of this current version are so horrible (so many bugs!) that I'm not going to download it. I don't care about the gem dispenser. Because:

1. We can't get important questions answered, because the sale price expires on Sunday and no one who works at S8 on the weekend (if any of them do) interacts with these forums. I'm certainly NOT going to buy the item at the NON-sale price.

2. It's too much of a commitment. How do I know I will want or be able to play this game 3-1/2+ months from now? I'm at Level 99. I have LOTS of recipes yet to conquer. I have lots and lots and LOTS of food, so I don't need to cook a lot (if at all). I have even less incentive to buy such an item in Restaurant, if it were offered. For what do I need a lot of gems? My Restaurant is nearly expanded to the max, and I have so much stuff in inventory. I don't like my Restaurant to look cluttered. Every so often I'll remodel. But what I'd really like is a Second Story, or a Basement. This is the perfect solution, it seems to me, for those of us who are expanded to the max. You'd have a brand new floor to gradually expand, and more space for all your stuff. I can't believe they can't figure out how to program this.

I'd also like to see an indefinite amount of Levels. Why make it impossible to get to Level 100? If you progressed at the same progression you experienced to get to Level 99 ABOVE Level 99, why, some of us would be at least to Level 130 or something. Why cap it at all?

(BTW, that 3-1/2 month time frame for recouping your investment only holds true if you are religious about collecting every 12 hours. For those non-robots among us, reality is that sometimes it will be almost exactly 12 hours after countdown that you collect, but much more often that 12 hour countdown will happen and the gem will sit there for an indefinite period of time until you wake up, finish your class, get off the freeway, or after whatever else it is you're doing IRL.)

jbgarza09
08-22-15, 10:17 PM
I wish they had it for fashion story.

seachef2
08-22-15, 11:42 PM
I haven't had the pop-up yet is the Gem Dispencer open for everyone to buy or is it only for ios users to purchase?

filochick1982
08-23-15, 01:56 AM
iOS only.

PepperWoo
08-23-15, 07:35 AM

I mean that is the current version of Bakery Story, not the actual iOS. xD You can downgrade a game version through iTunes as long as you have a backup of the previous version on your computer.

From a business standpoint releasing this over the weekend wasn't smart. It says the 50% sale ends tomorrow, yet they hardly gave any info on the dispenser. All of these questions need to be answered! Especially because of how EXPENSIVE it is. I would consider buying it but I need a 30% gem sale or no deal. The offer should be extended past Sunday so people actually have the time to purchase gems.

On the contrary, I think it might be kind of a smart move for them. Consider how many people who are thinking of buying it and have just enough gems to spend for the sale price, but are having doubts because of the lack of information. In the end they might probably just buy it out of desperation and desire to get it for half the original price. S8 wins.

(BTW, that 3-1/2 month time frame for recouping your investment only holds true if you are religious about collecting every 12 hours. For those non-robots among us, reality is that sometimes it will be almost exactly 12 hours after countdown that you collect, but much more often that 12 hour countdown will happen and the gem will sit there for an indefinite period of time until you wake up, finish your class, get off the freeway, or after whatever else it is you're doing IRL.)

True, which is why I make use of an alarm to collect gold from my treasure dragons on Dragon Story. I don't have to remember the time of my last collection. I just collect when my alarm tells me to, eliminating the need to check the game constantly so I can actually spend my time doing some real life stuff without worrying about stale gem/gold. If I end up getting this dispenser, I'll just set it at the same time as my gold collection alarm so it's easier. Of course I can't dictate what people should or should not do, but I think that's one of the better solutions out there if you want to get the value of what you paid for in no time.

I haven't had the pop-up yet is the Gem Dispencer open for everyone to buy or is it only for ios users to purchase?

Only for iOS users using the game version 1.7.6.

PepperWoo
08-23-15, 07:43 AM
Hi, I bought the Gem Dispenser the other day. Yes you do have to tap on the machine every 12 hours to get the gem, but then it instantly starts the 12 hour time period again. I've already gotten 3 gems, figure it will pay for itself in 3 1/2 months and keep on giving me 2 gems daily. Figured I'd take a chance and so far I'm happy with my purchase.

I don't work for S8, so I can be wrong. I'm basing on my games and technical experiences.

Answers
1. It should be forever like the dragons in DS and the show ponies in FS2.
2. It holds a gem until you collect it. Then the timer counts down.
3. I don't think gem will expire. My other games didn't. They just stay there till I collect.
4. Best for s8 to answer but by then the sale may have ended. IMHO, it may not work in 1.7.5 since the dispenser is released in 1.7.6. I can't find 1.7.5 in App Store.

I bought it with 1.7.6 and it's invisible on 1.7.5

Thank you guys for the input! I also don't think someone official would come here and explain stuff before the sale ends since it wouldn't be the first time that has happened but you guys are of great help. Now I'm more annoyed that if I get this, I have to keep using that crappy 1.7.6 version that they haven't bothered fixing for months now. I also unfortunately don't have the watch ads for gems (got the speed up thing instead) offer so this is the only thing I will have going for me in that version. xD

ETA: Funny how this thread became a sticky post but no one from the team bothered answering questions. :rolleyes:

deekathleen
08-23-15, 07:48 AM
Does anyone know yet if you go past 24 hours in collecting it does it, for better lack of a word, spoil and not reset automatically?

Bakerling
08-23-15, 08:17 AM

Question 2: when gem are ready it will place on top of the gem dispenser.it will only hold 1 gem at a time until you collect it. Then the timer countdown start for another 12 hours.

Question 3: gems will not expire. It will stay on top of the gems dispenser until you collect it. If you collect the gem 48 hours later. You can only collect 1 gem not 4 gems. So I think this gem dispenser don't real helpful.

Bakerling
08-23-15, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know yet if you go past 24 hours in collecting it does it, for better lack of a word, spoil and not reset automatically?

The gem is not automatically dispense every 12 hours. We need to collect ourselves. If you didn't collect the gem, the dispenser will stop dispense gem. Until you collect the gem then the timer countdown start again. So we need to keep collect the gem on time.

deekathleen
08-23-15, 11:39 AM
The gem is not automatically dispense every 12 hours. We need to collect ourselves. If you didn't collect the gem, the dispenser will stop dispense gem. Until you collect the gem then the timer countdown start again. So we need to keep collect the gem on time.

Okay thanks but that is not what I asked, I read the answer on another thread to my question but thanks anyway.

filochick1982
08-23-15, 02:07 PM
My gem was meant to be collected at my local time (midnight for me) last night but of course I was sleeping so I didn't collect it. 7 hours laters, it was still there and not "spoiled". But that's only 7 hours. I'm not willing to risk testing for 24 hours because 1) that's possibly a wasted gem if it does spoil and 2) I want to maximise the use of gem dispenser and get all my gems back ASAP!

ojapple96
08-23-15, 08:27 PM
True, which is why I make use of an alarm to collect gold from my treasure dragons on Dragon Story. I don't have to remember the time of my last collection. I just collect when my alarm tells me to, eliminating the need to check the game constantly so I can actually spend my time doing some real life stuff without worrying about stale gem/gold. If I end up getting this dispenser, I'll just set it at the same time as my gold collection alarm so it's easier. Of course I can't dictate what people should or should not do, but I think that's one of the better solutions out there if you want to get the value of what you paid for in no time.

Just wondering if you mean the alarm you set on your phone or is there some other kind of alarm system that you are using? This seems like a good idea!

PepperWoo
08-23-15, 08:49 PM
Just wondering if you mean the alarm you set on your phone or is there some other kind of alarm system that you are using? This seems like a good idea!

It's just a phone alarm! :D Nothing sophisticated lol.

LalaSmooth
08-24-15, 02:08 AM
I have 40 gems so far!! when is it BF? I hope to have over 100 saved up by then unless I give in and buy some

geordieprogman
08-24-15, 02:32 AM
Black Friday is on the 27th November this year. 2 days before my birthday ,so I hope there's lots of nice presents from storm8. :)

Rynetory2
08-24-15, 02:46 AM
On a side note, I'm glad the gem dispenser has no gem trap that speeds up the collection time. Unlike FS2, it's 50 gems if I accidentally speed up my show pony and I have 3. I tip toe around them lol.

farmerprecious
08-24-15, 03:20 AM
:mad: i bought 2 days ago the gem dispencer in both Bakery and Restaurant..in Restaurant everything is fine,but in Bakery, although my 225 gems are STILL MISSING from that purchase, gem dispencer is MISSING TOO!!!:mad: it's not where i put it & it's not stored anywhere! yesterday i collect from it my 2 gems and today it doesn't exist!! :mad::mad: i want to know if anyone else had any same problem :confused:
Also i found out that in my android phone gem dispenser doesn't exist not even in Restaurant,so i have to collect gems only from iphone :(
i'm guessing incompatibility between 2 softwares,but still doesn't explain the loss in iphone :(

geordieprogman
08-24-15, 03:29 AM
The gem dispenser is iOS only. You can't buy it on iOS and then use it on android as it won't be there. It's not invisible, it's just not there. There has been a few warnings about this. The only thing you can do is to use your iPhone to collect the gems every 12 hours.

JustKay
08-24-15, 05:07 AM
:mad: i bought 2 days ago the gem dispencer in both Bakery and Restaurant..in Restaurant everything is fine,but in Bakery, although my 225 gems are STILL MISSING from that purchase, gem dispencer is MISSING TOO!!!:mad: it's not where i put it & it's not stored anywhere! yesterday i collect from it my 2 gems and today it doesn't exist!! :mad::mad: i want to know if anyone else had any same problem :confused:
Also i found out that in my android phone gem dispenser doesn't exist not even in Restaurant,so i have to collect gems only from iphone :(
i'm guessing incompatibility between 2 softwares,but still doesn't explain the loss in iphone :(

You have to be very very careful if you move between iOS and Android. It's likely that if you redecorated in any way on Android you may have overwritten the gem dispenser if you moved any decorations over it. S8 could have implemented this this better by showing the dispenser as a normal decoration on Android, but for some reason they haven't.

I saw a similar problem with Farm Story 2 where I bought a gem item in Android and placed it on what I thought was a blank space when in fact the space was holding an iOS only decoration. The game took my gems, and then freezed up, then reloaded/refreshed and the gem item disappeared! My gem count was still lower, and the decoration was not in my storage. The game just didn't know what to do.

JustKay
08-24-15, 05:11 AM
I wish they had it for fashion story.

Fashion Story is dying a slow death. They're not really releasing much stuff each week, and out of all the S8 games, it is the only one that hasn't had a software update recently. I can tell because the app icon still displays the old S8 Stormie's head icon, not the two tone 8. If they don't update the software then they won't be able to introduce an item like this. I wouldn't be surprised if all the developers for the Fashion Story team have disbanded.

JustKay
08-24-15, 05:21 AM
On the contrary, I think it might be kind of a smart move for them. Consider how many people who are thinking of buying it and have just enough gems to spend for the sale price, but are having doubts because of the lack of information. In the end they might probably just buy it out of desperation and desire to get it for half the original price. S8 wins.

S8 released an item like this because they are losing players on an aging game. I don't think Restaurant Story 2 has been a great success at converting players to a new game. Because they neglected Bakery Story and Restaurant Story (among other earlier games) people have lost interest and have built up huge gem reserves. I had over 400 gems from installing S8 apps alone. Releasing an item like this both uses up gem hoards like that and also provides a reason for a player to login every day (or half day) to collect gems. At least that's the theory.

S8 have also started sending out useless annoying app announcements on FS, DS, RS & BS reminding players to come back and play, which is kind of sad. In fact it could backfire in causing some players to get annoyed at the fake announcements, such that they might just altogether switch off announcements, or even delete the old game altogether.

If they don't make these games more fun to play, then it doesn't matter if you earn one or two gems a day. It's not worth the trouble. I bought the dispenser in RS (two since I had that much saved) and BS during their sale, but only just collected it now because I had no reason to login to the games. In fact I'm not even sure it collected properly since I didn't notice my gem count go up. Maybe it glitched since I waited too long. I noticed that on Farm Story 2 if you let a train delivery package uncollected for several days when you collected it the gem wouldn't be collected. Might be a security feature on gem giving actions to prevent abuse of the system.

CuteTali
08-24-15, 05:56 AM
If you only log in once about every 24 hours, would you have 2 gems ready to collect? Because remembering to log in exactly every 12 hours is another nuisance from this game that I do not need, but if I didn't log on for three days for instance and my gems were building up on their own, then I wouldn't worry about missing out and might actually consider buying this in both games on all accounts. These games already feel like you need to "babysit" them all day, especially CS with the absurdly ridiculous 40 energy cap, where it should be at least 60, or even 100 past level 25, the main reason why I'm feeling very very tempted to delete it recently off all my devices.

chillez
08-24-15, 06:37 AM
If you only log in once about every 24 hours, would you have 2 gems ready to collect?

No, 1 gem comes up every 12 hours and the countdown to the next gem doesn't start until that gem is collected.

Bakerling
08-24-15, 10:04 AM

The gem dispenser is only for iOS user. So you cannot see it in android devices. You can't collect the gem from the gem dispenser on android devices. It is not available. Not fair for android users.

PepperWoo
08-24-15, 11:00 AM
You have to be very very careful if you move between iOS and Android. It's likely that if you redecorated in any way on Android you may have overwritten the gem dispenser if you moved any decorations over it. S8 could have implemented this this better by showing the dispenser as a normal decoration on Android, but for some reason they haven't.

I saw a similar problem with Farm Story 2 where I bought a gem item in Android and placed it on what I thought was a blank space when in fact the space was holding an iOS only decoration. The game took my gems, and then freezed up, then reloaded/refreshed and the gem item disappeared! My gem count was still lower, and the decoration was not in my storage. The game just didn't know what to do.

Goodness, I was gonna do the same thing earlier! I was in design mode on Android and noticed that the spot where I placed the dispenser is available and was about to place a random deco over to experiment but decided against it in the end. WHEW dodged a bullet there. Glad I saw your post! One wrong move and it could actually cost us our stuff. I mean, who knows how many people playing on both OS are not aware of this bug?! Better fix this S8. :mad:

filochick1982
08-24-15, 03:28 PM
I only buy decor on Android, log out and then log back in on iOS to decorate. Much easier to decorate on iOS.

ImmortalLunchbox
08-24-15, 08:04 PM
I only buy decor on Android, log out and then log back in on iOS to decorate. Much easier to decorate on iOS.

How come?

sls0991
08-24-15, 10:32 PM

Exactly what I was thinking LOL. I happen to have a real life and most likely won't be able to get the gems every 12 hours so it would not be a good investment for me!

JustKay
08-25-15, 01:48 AM
Exactly what I was thinking LOL. I happen to have a real life and most likely won't be able to get the gems every 12 hours so it would not be a good investment for me!

They should have done it like Dragon Story where the gem(\gold) giving mechanism allows a few gems to build up. Expecting us to login every 12 hours is a bit tedious for players who have already played long enough they no longer need to cook short hour recipes. Especially when they give us nothing else to do in the game >_<

sls0991
08-25-15, 02:39 AM
They should have done it like Dragon Story where the gem(\gold) giving mechanism allows a few gems to build up. Expecting us to login every 12 hours is a bit tedious for players who have already played long enough they no longer need to cook short hour recipes. Especially when they give us nothing else to do in the game >_<

Exactly, but they probably figured that everyone who could would jump on it really quick (as I see a lot of people did) and in a few weeks or months they'll get busy or forget to check the game, lose interest, whatever and they would have cashed out big time while most people didn't even make their gems back. 450 freaking gems anyway, that's like $60 with a 30% off gem sale and the 275 or whatever it was for the sale price would still be over $35. That's a lot of money for 2 gems a day IF you collect it on the dot every 12 hours. Not worth it in the slightest!

filochick1982
08-25-15, 03:39 AM
I think it's important to remember that once you get your gems back, it's just profit all the way indefinitely after that initial investment. Even if took you an extra month to get the gems back because you can't log in every 12 hours to collect the gem, again, if you see yourself as someone who will play for a long time (as I do), then it's definitely going to pay for itself many times over. $35USD isn't worth much to me so I didn't really need to think twice about buying it with a 30% off gem sale. Everyone has a different idea of what's worth spending money on and what's not, what's expensive and what's not.

geordieprogman
08-25-15, 03:51 AM
I think it's important to remember that once you get your gems back, it's just profit all the way indefinitely after that initial investment. Even if took you an extra month to get the gems back because you can't log in every 12 hours to collect the gem, again, if you see yourself as someone who will play for a long time (as I do), then it's definitely going to pay for itself many times over. $35USD isn't worth much to me so I didn't really need to think twice about buying it with a 30% off gem sale. Everyone has a different idea of what's worth spending money on and what's not, what's expensive and what's not.

Totally agree. I can't afford to buy gems often but I had quite a few that I'd accumulated over the weeks/months. So I had enough to buy 1 gem dispenser but I wish I could have bought 4 or 5 of them. As filochick says,once you have earned back the gems that you initially paid its all pure profit. I'll be getting around 60 gems per month off just 1 gem dispenser. When you add that to the gems from mastering and installing/playing new games then that's going to be close to 100 gems per month. I'm well happy with that.

Rynetory2
08-25-15, 04:19 AM
Totally agree. I can't afford to buy gems often but I had quite a few that I'd accumulated over the weeks/months. So I had enough to buy 1 gem dispenser but I wish I could have bought 4 or 5 of them. As filochick says,once you have earned back the gems that you initially paid its all pure profit. I'll be getting around 60 gems per month off just 1 gem dispenser. When you add that to the gems from mastering and installing/playing new games then that's going to be close to 100 gems per month. I'm well happy with that.

In Farm Story2 we have the show pony which is similar to gem dispenser. I started with one show pony (2000 gems each), earned back my investment and in time, I used the extras to buy another 2 show ponies. You can collect and build up your gems slowly. :) I'm sure tl will have another dispenser sale down the road.

filochick1982
08-25-15, 04:58 AM
That's a good idea - reinvest the profit of gems from one dispenser into more gem dispensers! But time it well so buy it when there's another 50% off promotion! I'll be keeping that in mind. Thanks for the tip! :)

geordieprogman
08-25-15, 06:59 AM
In Farm Story2 we have the show pony which is similar to gem dispenser. I started with one show pony (2000 gems each), earned back my investment and in time, I used the extras to buy another 2 show ponies. You can collect and build up your gems slowly. :) I'm sure tl will have another dispenser sale down the road.

Lol that's exactly what I was hoping. Maybe eventually have about 5 of them. As long as they are on a half price sale of course. :)

Rynetory2
08-25-15, 08:06 AM
That's a good idea - reinvest the profit of gems from one dispenser into more gem dispensers! But time it well so buy it when there's another 50% off promotion! I'll be keeping that in mind. Thanks for the tip! :)

You're welcome. :)

Lol that's exactly what I was hoping. Maybe eventually have about 5 of them. As long as they are on a half price sale of course. :)

Once you amass enough gems, the challenge will be not losing it to gem traps before the sale of the dispensers. I tip toed for months around my farm cos I had thousands of gems before the pony sale. I was so relieved when the sale came lol. :D

nightshine7
08-25-15, 08:36 AM
Yeah..not enough info. And, it's no longer on sale. It's now 450 gems. I want it badly but would have to pay cash for it being my gems get stolen at 10 or above by the pop ups Storm8 refuses to fix. All they have to do is put up a "Are you sure you want to purchase coins......" So, if i had bought the Gem Dispenser when it was on sale I would have paid apx. $35...don't think so.

tularemary
08-25-15, 09:40 AM
Goodness, I was gonna do the same thing earlier! I was in design mode on Android and noticed that the spot where I placed the dispenser is available and was about to place a random deco over to experiment but decided against it in the end. WHEW dodged a bullet there. Glad I saw your post! One wrong move and it could actually cost us our stuff. I mean, who knows how many people playing on both OS are not aware of this bug?! Better fix this S8. :mad:

"Better fix this S8" ???!!! I'm racking my brain to recall even ONE thing they've fixed or even acknowledged in the 2 1/2 years I've been playing...and come up with zero.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G....I'd love for someone to prove me wrong... :'(

ilaria2464
08-25-15, 02:09 PM

I agree, but I wasnt lucky enough to have a 30% off gem sale. Not even 20% off. For that reason I didn't buy it. I cannot afford to spend $50 on a gem dispenser. It's disappointing the sale ended so quickly, only giving certain players a chance to have a gem sale.

poopiepants79
08-25-15, 07:21 PM
Very tempted to get this! I wonder if the gems stop coming after a certain point or is it forever as long as you keep the dispenser on display? And do they "expire" like food if you don't "collect" them after a certain amount of time has passed? I wish they'd included more information about it! 225 gems is huge investment! I'm still getting 2 free gems a day from watching videos so I'd get my gems back quicker than 16 weeks. If they continue, it would be 8 weeks.

I haven't seen the gem maker. I don't get pop ups, unless it's to rate the game. Are you on Android or IOS?

deekathleen
08-25-15, 07:39 PM
I haven't seen the gem maker. I don't get pop ups, unless it's to rate the game. Are you on Android or IOS?

The gem dispenser is for ios only.

KadeeDid
08-25-15, 08:45 PM
The gem dispenser is for ios only.

I didn't see anything about the gem dispenser. I am on iOS. I don't get the gems for video offers either.

I was busy and hadn't checked forums for a few days.

filochick1982
08-25-15, 09:08 PM
Go to your design tab. It should be the first decoration there for 450 gems. The offer to watch 2 videos for 2 free gems per day is an offer given to random player accounts. Not everyone gets it. You may have got the offer to watch a video to speed up your baking time but you also may not have. These offers are completely done at random unfortunately.

I didn't see anything about the gem dispenser. I am on iOS. I don't get the gems for video offers either.

I was busy and hadn't checked forums for a few days.

filochick1982
08-25-15, 09:11 PM
The offer is only for playing on iOS.

But I can play on both android and iOS because I have access to both types of devices.

sls0991
08-25-15, 10:14 PM
Go to your design tab. It should be the first decoration there for 450 gems. The offer to watch 2 videos for 2 free gems per day is an offer given to random player accounts. Not everyone gets it. You may have got the offer to watch a video to speed up your baking time but you also may not have. These offers are completely done at random unfortunately.

I don't have the gem dispenser and I'm on IOS but I don't have the newest BS version so that's why, but I have never gotten a video for gem offer and I've been on iOS and playing BS for 3+ years so I am very upset that it has never been offered to me either. So in that respect, I can sympathize with android users. Give it to all or none of us!

CuteTali
08-25-15, 11:56 PM
No, 1 gem comes up every 12 hours and the countdown to the next gem doesn't start until that gem is collected.

I see, thank you!! I guess this would work best for serious game addicts that can check exactly every 12 hours then, not so much for me. I like checking it when I have time.

deekathleen
08-26-15, 05:14 AM
I think you also have to have the updated ios version of the game to get the gem dispenser ,the one that everyone is saying is buggy.

happyheartfla
08-26-15, 06:13 AM
Very tempted to get this! I wonder if the gems stop coming after a certain point or is it forever as long as you keep the dispenser on display? And do they "expire" like food if you don't "collect" them after a certain amount of time has passed? I wish they'd included more information about it! 225 gems is huge investment!

I don't think they expire, but the next one doesn't start accumulating until you collect the first one! Soo unless you set an alarm, it will probably take longer than 16 weeks to recoup the investment. Still it seems like it would be worthwhile longterm.

happyheartfla
08-26-15, 06:19 AM
The offer is only for playing on iOS.

But I can play on both android and iOS because I have access to both types of devices.

Be careful about switching between the Android and iOS...I did this in order to Rescue my food, as it is way cheaper on Android. The next day, in Restaurant Story, on my iPad mini, the Gem Machine was MIA! I finally had to delete the game and reinstall it in order to get the Gem Machine to show again. Tech Support kept telling me...It's in your store right next to the Frozen Lakes Machine...but I couldn't access it!

deekathleen
08-26-15, 06:30 AM
Wonder if that is their way of stopping people from using both systems?

happyheartfla
08-26-15, 06:36 AM

Delete the game from your iOS device and reload it. When your device reloads from the server, the Gem Machine should be there. I had the same issue and this fixed it. Be very careful moving between iOS and Android!!!!!

monstertop
08-26-15, 02:14 PM
I'm super sad I missed out on this. I have an Android and don't check this forum enough to have known that there was this release... but I could have totally gotten one from my old iPhone. I have just enough gems :P

I hope they give android players a chance to purchase it for half price but I know it'll never happen.

deekathleen
08-26-15, 08:42 PM
I'm super sad I missed out on this. I have an Android and don't check this forum enough to have known that there was this release... but I could have totally gotten one from my old iPhone. I have just enough gems :P

I hope they give android players a chance to purchase it for half price but I know it'll never happen.

If you bought it with your iPhone you wouldn't have then been able to see it or use it in android.
It is truley only for the favored child ios, android users are not even worthy enough to look upon it. ;)

kooky panda
08-27-15, 02:11 PM
In answer to some questions on the gem dispenser:

1. The item is permanent and you can collect from it forever, as long as you are in a supported version (see #4).
2. It will only hold a maximum of 1 gem. To get the most out of it, you should collect from it as close to every 12 hours as possible.
3. The gem does not expire if you do not collect it. It will just not accumulate any additional gems until it is collected.
4. It is only supported in iOS 1.7.6+. It is not supported on Android.

jandtandn
08-27-15, 02:47 PM
I wasn't able to take advantage of the discounted price, but am considering it at its regular price even though it will take longer to recover the gems.

deekathleen
08-27-15, 06:52 PM
Can you tell us why only old gets it?

monstertop
08-27-15, 07:06 PM
If you bought it with your iPhone you wouldn't have then been able to see it or use it in android.
It is truley only for the favored child ios, android users are not even worthy enough to look upon it. ;)

Oh I know that Androids can't see it because I read the whole thread(: I didn't mean to use it on my Android. It's every 12 hours, so I can time it to use my iPhone to collect the gems e.g. 7AM when I wake up and 7PM when I return home. I wouldn't need to log in and out of my account at all.

MommomNLiamsBakery
08-28-15, 09:39 AM
Is the 30% gem Sale still going?

deekathleen
08-28-15, 11:49 AM
Is the 30% gem Sale still going?

I think everyone gets gem sales at different times.

LalaSmooth
08-28-15, 02:18 PM
I think everyone gets gem sales at different times.

I've never had a gem sale :( the only time I get one is black friday or christmas :(

goofygooberock
08-29-15, 06:28 AM
Not getting the gem dispenser yet because I'm still doing food for gems.

renolee012
08-30-15, 08:59 AM
I have missed the sale last week :( :( :( :(

geordieprogman
08-30-15, 02:10 PM
There's no way that anyone can know. You'll just have to hope that it does go on sale again at some point. I bought one in the sale but I'd love to get another couple of them sometime.

mariarenee83
09-12-15, 11:03 AM
Not cool I didn't know that. :(

Bakerling
09-14-15, 08:17 AM
I like to get the gem dispenser but I don't have 450 gems to buy it lol. I have mastered all the recipes so I don have any more gems to earn. :(

filochick1982
09-19-15, 01:04 AM
Anyone else who is getting the offer to watch 2 videos for 2 free gems noticed they increased it to 3 videos for 3 free gems now? I've been getting 3 gems everyday for a few days now from this offer.

PepperWoo
09-19-15, 01:29 AM
Anyone else who is getting the offer to watch 2 videos for 2 free gems noticed they increased it to 3 videos for 3 free gems now? I've been getting 3 gems everyday for a few days now from this offer.

I also get to choose now whether I want to watch ads to speed up cooking or for free gems thank goodness!

filochick1982
09-19-15, 01:50 AM
That's excellent! Did you buy a gem dispenser too? At this rate I'll be getting back my gems really fast especially with all the new recipes we've been getting! :) I really should use my Android tablet for all the gem download offers too.

I also get to choose now whether I want to watch ads to speed up cooking or for free gems thank goodness!

PepperWoo
09-19-15, 03:04 AM
That's excellent! Did you buy a gem dispenser too? At this rate I'll be getting back my gems really fast especially with all the new recipes we've been getting! :) I really should use my Android tablet for all the gem download offers too.

I did and I'm really happy with it! I'm almost at the point where I left off before buying it gem-wise. Of course a huge percentage of that was from playing on both platforms but still, gaining them back this fast feels like I didn't spend anything on it at all yet it keeps giving me gems. :D I hope they put it on sale again on BFS or Xmas Sale - Android players included this time (or maybe a special introductory price *wink*)!

deekathleen
09-19-15, 07:55 AM
I thought I read if you have a gem dispenser and then you use an android account in addition to your ios device, it messes the gem dispenser up, even if you go back later and use your ios account again.

PepperWoo
09-19-15, 08:30 AM
I thought I read if you have a gem dispenser and then you use an android account in addition to your ios device, it messes the gem dispenser up, even if you go back later and use your ios account again.

I switch back and forth between both os multiple times a day and fortunately haven't had problems so far. I think the conflict between Android and iOS in this case is that the gem dispenser doesn't show up at all when using Android so the space it takes up on iOS appears as an open 1x1 on Android where the player can accidentally place something. When that happens and the player switches os, the dispenser disappears because the game synced with a different object placed on that space instead of the dispenser. I'm not sure what happened to the case of the player who experienced that but I hope S8 did something about it.

Bakerling
09-19-15, 11:00 AM
I switch back and forth between both os multiple times a day and fortunately haven't had problems so far. I think the conflict between Android and iOS in this case is that the gem dispenser doesn't show up at all when using Android so the space it takes up on iOS appears as an open 1x1 on Android where the player can accidentally place something. When that happens and the player switches os, the dispenser disappears because the game synced with a different object placed on that space instead of the dispenser. I'm not sure what happened to the case of the player who experienced that but I hope S8 did something about it.

I wonder if that space for gem dispenser placed, will the floor tile show red?

I code an example below. Assuming that the ice climber 2 is the gem dispenser. If I place Festival Arch on the place where the ice climber 2 is , there are no space for the Festival Arch then the floor tile will show red.

PepperWoo
09-19-15, 11:30 AM
I wonder if that space for gem dispenser placed, will the floor tile show red?

I code an example below. Assuming that the ice climber 2 is the gem dispenser. If I place Festival Arch on the place where the ice climber 2 is , there are no space for the Festival Arch then the floor tile will show red.

Nope, it's literally just an open space like nothing is there. Even if you try to tap the space to show the outline of the dispenser as if the image is still loading, you won't be able to.

Image from iOS:

http://i.imgur.com/ZTIJqHB.jpg

Image from Android:

http://i.imgur.com/dzuVDRO.jpg

filochick1982
09-19-15, 02:07 PM
Nope. Doesn't with my account.

larissa2k
09-20-15, 08:00 AM
Did anyone buy more than two gem dispensers .

rocketsmama
09-23-15, 08:59 AM
I never even got a pop up for it...:confused:
I'm on IOS.

PepperWoo
09-23-15, 10:57 AM
I never even got a pop up for it...:confused:
I'm on IOS.

Were you using an outdated BS version when the sale came out last month? Perhaps version 1.7.5 or lower? Cause it only works/is only purchasable on BS version 1.7.6 or higher. I was on 1.7.5 up until that point because I'm avoiding the bazillion bugs on 1.7.6 but alas, had to update because I really want to have it.

ojapple96
09-23-15, 10:33 PM
Did anyone buy more than two gem dispensers .

I have a neighbor that bought 3 ;)

Wes123456789
09-23-15, 10:52 PM
How is it possible to even buy a gem dispenser!? It cost 450 gems and thats like a lifetime of gems too!

filochick1982
09-24-15, 01:57 AM
It was 225 gems for a few days when it was released.

A lot of players probably bought the gems with real money.

How is it possible to even buy a gem dispenser!? It cost 450 gems and thats like a lifetime of gems too!

larissa2k
09-24-15, 09:51 AM
The only reason I was asking is to see if anyone bought that many was cause I bought three.I do but gems occasionally black Friday mainly, but most of those I got from gem downloads and mastering recipes.I barely bought anything this year so I thought I'll spend all of my gems on this and maybe I won't have to buy gems anymore.so far it's working would even get more if they put them on sale again.

Bakerling
09-24-15, 11:04 AM
The only reason I was asking is to see if anyone bought that many was cause I bought three.I do but gems occasionally black Friday mainly, but most of those I got from gem downloads and mastering recipes.I barely bought anything this year so I thought I'll spend all of my gems on this and maybe I won't have to buy gems anymore.so far it's working would even get more if they put them on sale again.

Wow you bought so many gems dispenser. I don't have so many gems to buy one. :(

Bakerling
09-24-15, 11:06 AM

I agree with you. 450 gems are a lot of gems to me. Need a long long time to collect them.

Bakerling
09-24-15, 11:10 AM
I don't give up. I will buy a gem dispenser one day. At least I am able buy it. Andriod Users can't even see the gem dispenser at all. Poor thing. Not fair for Android Users.

124pm
09-24-15, 06:16 PM
I hope the gem dispenser will be on discount again during Black Friday sale. I should be able to save enough gems by then :)

Bakerling
09-25-15, 01:51 AM
I hope the gem dispenser will be on discount again during Black Friday sale. I should be able to save enough gems by then :)

I still have to save gems for a very long time before I can buy one gem dispenser.

ozoz12
09-27-15, 02:06 AM

Plan to buy another 17 but they removed! Guess they know eventually it get paid off itself!

124pm
09-27-15, 02:08 AM
Plan to buy another 17 but they removed! Guess they know eventually it get paid off itself!

Wow! 17 of them? You must have a lot of gems.

minidemon88
09-27-15, 02:19 AM
The gem dispenser is still there in the tab, somewhere near the middle to the end tab. Just keep scrolling and you'll see it.

ozoz12
09-27-15, 03:10 AM
The gem dispenser is still there in the tab, somewhere near the middle to the end tab. Just keep scrolling and you'll see it.

Oh I found it! Thanks I even wrote to TL and they said they removed. So sounds like they also don't know what they got lol.
Now wait for Black Friday sales hope it will drop to 225 then I m going for it!

Bakerling
09-27-15, 03:48 AM

What you want to buy 17??? I don't even have enough gems to buy 1 gem dispenser. You are a rich player. So envy.

Lenkapon
09-27-15, 04:03 AM

This.is.so.impressed! Impossible! OMG!

Bakerling
09-27-15, 04:08 AM

Yes the gem dispensre is available.

Bakerling
09-27-15, 04:13 AM
This.is.so.impressed! Impossible! OMG!

Really impossible for me too. I still need to collect many gems before I can buy 1 gem dispenser.

minidemon88
09-27-15, 04:19 AM
Oh I found it! Thanks I even wrote to TL and they said they removed. So sounds like they also don't know what they got lol.
Now wait for Black Friday sales hope it will drop to 225 then I m going for it!

Glad you found it! :D Probably the support team misunderstood your question and though you meant the 50% off sale. Lol I'm sure it will be on sale again one day. It sure is a good buy during sale time. XD

Lenkapon
09-28-15, 04:10 AM
I wish there will be another discount on this :P 200 gems would be reasonable!

geordieprogman
09-28-15, 06:37 AM
I'm sure there will be another sale on them sometime. I hope so anyway as I'd like to get another 1 or 2. 225 gems was a reasonable amount to pay but I don't think I'd spend 450.

Rynetory2
09-28-15, 07:07 AM
I wonder if there's a cap to the number of dispensers one can buy. Wow 17! :)

Merepa
09-28-15, 09:47 AM
I've got myself a gem dispenser and I love it. I look forward to collecting my gems every day.
I'm half way to a second one as well. :D

Bakerling
09-28-15, 11:06 AM
I wish there will be another discount on this :P 200 gems would be reasonable!

I wish to get a gems dispenser for 200 gems too.

Bakerling
09-28-15, 11:08 AM
I'm sure there will be another sale on them sometime. I hope so anyway as I'd like to get another 1 or 2. 225 gems was a reasonable amount to pay but I don't think I'd spend 450.

I miss that chance to get gems dispenser at 225 gems. I really want to get gems dispenser at a discount rate. 450 gems it too much.

Bakerling
09-28-15, 11:09 AM
I've got myself a gem dispenser and I love it. I look forward to collecting my gems every day.
I'm half way to a second one as well. :D

Hope I can get one soon.

deezydeuxx
10-09-15, 07:33 PM
Man if only this was available when i had an iphone!! I spent at least over 200 bucks buying gems. I would have bought like 20 in a heartbeat.

Bakerling
10-11-15, 09:58 AM
Man if only this was available when i had an iphone!! I spent at least over 200 bucks buying gems. I would have bought like 20 in a heartbeat.

Do you mean you want to purchase 20 gem dispenser?

sleepygs
10-12-15, 11:02 PM
The mods have said the gem dispenser will come to Android when they get all the bugs or store requirements or whatever is different worked out. Basically they, like many companies, are testing a "beta" feature on iOS because it is easier. Just think how different all the devices that can run Android are- from Kindles to phones. iOS devices have a much smaller range - iPod, iPad, and iPhone.

(But again, we could have the Android vs iOS argument in every thread, because it seems others really enjoy it. Haha...)

So Storm8 does discriminates against android....

Rynetory2
10-13-15, 05:39 AM
Putting it in layman terms. iOS devices are like siblings in the same family, they "talk" and "behave" like each other cos they share the same DNA. Android devices from different manufacturers are strangers you meet, one is different from the next. Of course Android devices from the same manufacturer (e.g. Samsung) talk and behave similarly. But Samsung devices will differ to Kindles. With so many android manufacturers in the market, catering to each android manufacturer product is a big challenge. I hope this helps you to understand and maybe feel better. It's not prejudice against android.

PepperWoo
10-13-15, 07:48 AM
The mods have said the gem dispenser will come to Android when they get all the bugs or store requirements or whatever is different worked out.

Just curious, where have they said it exactly? Cause I must have missed it. I'd like for this to be available on Android as well. :)

deekathleen
10-13-15, 08:02 AM
Just curious, where have they said it exactly? Cause I must have missed it. I'd like for this to be available on Android as well. :)

Yes I don't remember seeing them say that either.

deekathleen
10-13-15, 08:15 AM
The mods have said the gem dispenser will come to Android when they get all the bugs or store requirements or whatever is different worked out. Basically they, like many companies, are testing a "beta" feature on iOS because it is easier. Just think how different all the devices that can run Android are- from Kindles to phones. iOS devices have a much smaller range - iPod, iPad, and iPhone.

(But again, we could have the Android vs iOS argument in every thread, because it seems others really enjoy it. Haha...)

I guess if s8 didn't want people to discuss the android ios issue they would come to the forum and give a cohesive explanation of why they give certain things to each and not the other. Since they don't/won't do that we can expect it to continue. You can always just skip by those posts if they bother you. :)

Rynetory2
10-13-15, 08:28 AM
I guess if s8 didn't want people to discuss the android ios issue they would come to the forum and give a cohesive explanation of why they give certain things to each and not the other. Since they don't/won't do that we can expect it to continue. You can always just skip by those posts if they bother you. :)

They aren't forthcoming on this matter. I won't expect an answer. Perhaps that's why they haven't fix the gifting issue, so we gift less? Idk. Kinda like walking in the dark and figure out for ourselves sometimes. :(

Bakerling
10-18-15, 06:07 AM
Putting it in layman terms. iOS devices are like siblings in the same family, they "talk" and "behave" like each other cos they share the same DNA. Android devices from different manufacturers are strangers you meet, one is different from the next. Of course Android devices from the same manufacturer (e.g. Samsung) talk and behave similarly. But Samsung devices will differ to Kindles. With so many android manufacturers in the market, catering to each android manufacturer product is a big challenge. I hope this helps you to understand and maybe feel better. It's not prejudice against android.

I agree with you.

Bakerling
10-18-15, 06:12 AM

Me too. I wish to see it in android too. Then all of us in this thread will shut up for discussing on who can get gem dispenser and who can't get the gem dispenser. Win win situation for Storm 8.

Bakerling
10-18-15, 06:14 AM
Yes I don't remember seeing them say that either.

Me too. I must have miss it too.

Bakerling
10-18-15, 06:18 AM

Anyone can always ignore this thread if they dislike this gem dispenser topic. Since all of us are so keen to know more about gem dispenser so this thread is open for this reason.

kooky panda
10-30-15, 07:07 AM
Guys the thread is now getting off topic. Please keep your posts on the current topic of the gem dispenser.

For questions on android parity, please file a forum dispute thread (http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) to speak to a community manager.

( future off topic posts will be removed)

ChefDona
11-27-15, 11:52 PM
If I buy a gem dispenser on my iphone will the gems show up on my Kindle? I know I would have to designate a square to leave open for the non existent dispenser on the Kindle. If I collect the gems on the iphone, can I spend them on either device?

PepperWoo
11-28-15, 12:55 AM
If I buy a gem dispenser on my iphone will the gems show up on my Kindle? I know I would have to designate a square to leave open for the non existent dispenser on the Kindle. If I collect the gems on the iphone, can I spend them on either device?

I'm not on Kindle but assuming it behaves the same way as Android, then yes the gems you've collected using your iPhone will still show up on your Kindle and you can spend the gems on either device.

jewelsparkles2013
11-29-15, 01:12 AM
The gem dispensers are on sale again. I found them in bakery story & restaurant story.

taoyingying
12-24-15, 10:15 AM
Why would you still want a gem dispenser? Even if it costs only 225 gems, it will take almost 4 months (most likely longer) for you to get back your purchase price. Look at where BS is heading now. I wouldn't be suprised that they stop giving us weekly updates 4 months later. So you would end up with a bunch of gems but nothing to buy.

My suggestion: if you have 200+ gems at hand, spend it whenever you see something you like. Don't save it for the future because there may not be one.

avril000
12-24-15, 05:54 PM
Im looking to buy 3 because I WANT TO. And I'm patient enough to get my purchase price, that's not a problem. I just hope they they have it on sale again.

nicararga
02-27-16, 06:54 AM
I think I'll go ahead and get one. I'll have to set my alarm for it lol. Thanks chillez.

Once you get it you should buy it when you are available to get it

geordieprogman
02-27-16, 09:06 AM
Once you get it you should buy it when you are available to get it

Oh yeah definitely. I have 4 of them now and would like at least another couple.

triiicia
04-23-16, 06:41 AM
I hope they have this on sale again!! 450 gems is too expensiiive 😭

Mississippiiii
06-06-16, 10:19 PM
So does this 50 percent off for gem dispenser happen every April?

Rynetory2
06-07-16, 03:50 AM
Not that I know of. The previous times were random.

chillez
06-07-16, 07:12 AM
So does this 50 percent off for gem dispenser happen every April?

As far as I know, the gem dispenser has been available for less than a year so we won't know a yearly pattern for a while.

Mississippiiii
06-07-16, 12:52 PM
As far as I know, the gem dispenser has been available for less than a year so we won't know a yearly pattern for a while.

Thanks! I just started playing Bakery Story and plan to get a few of these

luincristiel
06-07-16, 10:31 PM
I've got one and regret that I didn't get more of them when they were on sale...

One feature I'd like to have is to "upgrade" an existing one (such that it holds more than one gem) rather than buying multiple dispensers... It is quite hard to fit them (nicely) into the bakery if you have, say, 6.

luincristiel
06-07-16, 10:35 PM

If you do I'll look forward to how they're placed in your bakery - I only have one and sometimes struggle to fit it in my bakery design!

kooky panda
06-08-16, 08:58 AM
Guys the thread is now getting off topic. Please keep your posts on the current topic of the gem dispenser.

For questions on android parity, please file a forum dispute thread (http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) to speak to a community manager.

( future off topic posts will be removed)

Reminder to stay on topic. Recent off topic posts have been removed.

ajay976
06-28-16, 06:03 AM
Is the gem dispenser just for Bakery or can I get it on my restaurant also?

Rynetory2
06-28-16, 06:57 AM
Is the gem dispenser just for Bakery or can I get it on my restaurant also?

It is also available in Restaurant Story. :)

lilkeeks
07-27-16, 11:28 AM
Will the gem dispenser ever be available on Android? I have stopped purchasing gems because I feel this is unfair.

thz76
07-27-16, 03:45 PM
Hope to have that good promotion (225 gems) again soon. I would like to purchase more of that gem dispenser cos the decorative items can be pretty gem pricy.... Really need to save up on gems...

deekathleen
07-27-16, 08:47 PM
Yes, is android ever going to get gem dispensers and can we have a reason why only ios is able to have them?
Second only to not being able to also have them is just ignoring the android players who would like a reason why we are not able to have them.

Golden_Swans101
08-01-16, 06:48 AM
When are they going to put the gem disperser on sale I want to buy 3 of them please can you let us know??? :)

Daughteroftheking33
08-26-16, 05:17 PM

I can't see it either:(

Daughteroftheking33
08-26-16, 05:21 PM
Yes, is android ever going to get gem dispensers and can we have a reason why only ios is able to have them?
Second only to not being able to also have them is just ignoring the android players who would like a reason why we are not able to have them.

I agree with you; Storm8 should be fair. They could at least tell us the reason why android users can't have one.

Daughteroftheking33
08-26-16, 05:24 PM
Will the gem dispenser ever be available on Android? I have stopped purchasing gems because I feel this is unfair.

I agree! I wish Storm8 treated Android users fairly. They fail to realize that a lot of Android users play their games too.

Daughteroftheking33
08-26-16, 06:14 PM
Cause programing for android is hard...... seriously, anyone else have a job where they would get away with saying, this part of my job is hard and it is complicated, so I'm going to only do half of what I was hired to do. ???????
Very true!

DrDJ16
12-07-16, 11:13 PM
has anyone seen the gem dispenser?

3squares
12-08-16, 07:50 AM
has anyone seen the gem dispenser?

Gem dispenser has been retired. It is no longer available to purchase. :(

DrDJ16
12-08-16, 08:42 PM
Gem dispenser has been retired. It is no longer available to purchase. :(

thanks for reply! if i had known i would have bought a couple more...hopefully TL will bring it back next year...

Techi41
12-09-16, 07:52 PM
I don't see gem dispensers why?

Rynetory2
12-09-16, 08:33 PM
I don't see gem dispensers why?

See https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95912-Gem-Dispenser-is-missing

Techi41
12-10-16, 10:12 AM
I have 7 gem dispensers on both accounts RS and BS trying to get 3 more I don't see them are you guys will put them on the market again please do so 😁

Scawr
12-10-16, 10:30 AM
The gem dispenser seems insanely counterproductive. When it was available, it was going for a large sum of gems, spending a lot of gems, only to get 1 gem per day {back}? How long would it take to make up the gems you lost on purchasing the gem dispenser? :confused:

TheLadyRachel
12-10-16, 06:46 PM
The gem dispenser seems insanely counterproductive. When it was available, it was going for a large sum of gems, spending a lot of gems, only to get 1 gem per day {back}? How long would it take to make up the gems you lost on purchasing the gem dispenser? :confused:

The gem dispenser yields a gem every 12 hours. If you buy it on sale for 225 gems, it will take approximately 4 months for you to gain back your investment. Not a long time at all if you're a long-time player. A lot of us have been playing for years and don't plan to quit anytime soon. In a year, a single gem dispenser yields 712 gems. That's a 487 gems profit :)

Scawr
12-11-16, 07:19 AM
Hm, good point, Rachel!

It would probably be best to purchase it at a time I wouldn't plan on needing so many gems {like for example, now! with the release of festive decor... I've purchased gems to spend on the festive items & other things}. Those 225 gems would be very welcomed right about now ^ .^

ievuxia
12-11-16, 06:04 PM
The gem dispenser yields a gem every 12 hours. If you buy it on sale for 225 gems, it will take approximately 4 months for you to gain back your investment. Not a long time at all if you're a long-time player. A lot of us have been playing for years and don't plan to quit anytime soon. In a year, a single gem dispenser yields 712 gems. That's a 487 gems profit :)

Wow, that's amazing! And I'm on android with no opportunity to get it. So unfair, S8!!! :(

Bakerling
01-04-17, 02:08 PM
Is it true that we cannot buy anymore Gem dispenser? I just notice it.

monstertop
01-04-17, 04:43 PM
Is it true that we cannot buy anymore Gem dispenser? I just notice it.

Oh I always thought they were available for purchase during a limited amount of time. Were they available for purchase continually throughout 2016?

monstertop
01-04-17, 04:44 PM
Edit (KP) 12-2-16

The gem dispenser is no longer available.

It says in the first post that it is indeed no longer available.

Golden_Swans101
01-05-17, 06:31 PM
When are gem dispensers coming back??

monstertop
01-05-17, 06:34 PM
When are gem dispensers coming back??

Storm8 doesn't tell us when they're coming back or when they're going to be discontinued.

Rynetory2
01-05-17, 07:28 PM
I've let them know that you guys are interested.

Daughteroftheking33
01-11-17, 02:38 PM
When are the gem dispensers going to come back?

kooky panda
01-11-17, 03:31 PM
I am sorry but there is no current information on the gem dispensers returning.

(merging this thread with the current gem dispenser thread)

Daughteroftheking33
04-15-17, 08:36 PM
Storm 8, is there any current info on gem dispensers? I'm willing to spend money to buy one. I recently bought an IPad and want to know how does it work. Is it true that you only put it on sale during Black Friday?

Rynetory2
04-21-17, 08:49 AM
See Post #1 on how it works. You tap to collect from it every 12 hours.

paulinabracho
05-21-17, 04:01 AM
I agree! I wish Storm8 treated Android users fairly. They fail to realize that a lot of Android users play their games too.

totally agree!!!
storm8 loses a lot of opportunities to make profit!

whatfireball
05-24-17, 06:44 PM
totally agree!!!
storm8 loses a lot of opportunities to make profit!

I must agree, I don't play on Android but this isn't fair for people who poured their souls into making a nice high level bakery, they worked with what they had, once they realise that they aren't even getting the most out of the game it becomes an annoyance, people who paid for gems could've used their gems on something that was device exclusive.

Drachenia
06-09-17, 10:22 AM
Annoyingly I could not pick it up, is there a chance that he will come again?

Daughteroftheking33
06-10-17, 12:40 PM
I hope that Android users be able to purchase a gem dispenser one day.

diaperrash99
06-16-17, 01:13 PM
I hope it comes back for black friday! I started maximizing my recipes to start saving.....hope I can make it!

moshigirl14
07-12-17, 07:41 AM
I'd love to have the gem dispensers come back for a limited time :D I missed out on getting them when they last were on sale because i used all my gems to expand the day before. :(

Childsplay2014
07-12-17, 03:52 PM
I'd like to know if they will ever offer the gen machines again? I would like to have bought a few of those but didn't know they were offered till it was too late!

pixiegamer
07-12-17, 05:43 PM
I'd like to know if they will ever offer the gen machines again? I would like to have bought a few of those but didn't know they were offered till it was too late!

Unfortunately, there's no current information on whether the gem dispensers will return.

Merging this with an ongoing discussion on the same topic.

LightAndLove83
08-09-17, 11:37 AM
Would like to see the Gen Machine back for a limited time. I see others with it and feel it would be nice to have it too!

Azul
10-30-17, 10:12 AM
Please bring back the Gem Dispenser, most of our neighbors and I cannot get gems by watching the Ads (because that feature is broken for all of us and has been for almost the entire time that it has been available) so having te Gem Dispenser would be a great thing to have.

At the very least offer it on a special sale, like you used to, during the Holiday Season (the months of October, November and December) please, Thanks!

Dreamear
11-12-17, 05:26 PM
I hope that Android users be able to purchase a gem dispenser one day.

Why is it I feel like us Android users always miss out when it comes to the good stuff? Especially gems....

lillypad867
11-29-17, 08:08 PM
this thread doesnt have much information, so i thought i'd pitch in. I personally don't have one, but i asked one of my neighbors about hers, and she told me she bought hers during the black friday sale in 2016. I waited patiently for the black friday sale and was disappointed to find out that gem dispensers were not being sold this year. I asked another neighbor about their gem dispenser and she told me she bought hers during the black friday sale 2014. so i put it together and i think they're released every other year during the black friday sales. so there you go everyone. i suppose we'll have to wait another year to test my theory though, i hope i was of some help :)

In an ideal world, they would be available for purchase all the time. but then we'd be spoiled :)

olcastle
11-29-17, 08:31 PM
I asked another neighbor about their gem dispenser and she told me she bought hers during the black friday sale 2014. so i put it together and i think they're released every other year during the black friday sales.

I think the gem dispenser was introduced in 2015.

geordieprogman
11-30-17, 12:49 AM
I think the gem dispenser was introduced in 2015.

Yeah it was August 2015. That's when this thread was started.

I don't think they'll be bringing them back at any point. I've bought a few of them and so have a few of my nbrs. None of us buy gems very often now. I've personally never bought any since I bought the gem dispensers. Storm8 have to be losing money with them.

steelersbabyyy
11-30-17, 10:50 AM
please bring back the gem dispenser!!!

baker9081
11-30-17, 11:59 AM
I?ll be saving up those 200+ gems just in case they come back. I really hope they do.

prinsy61
12-07-17, 11:30 AM
Gem dispenser please

LIDA3209
12-07-17, 11:46 AM
Gem dispenser please

I second this request. PLEASE

kayjco
12-07-17, 11:54 AM
It won't help, but I third it.

Azul
02-17-18, 05:48 PM
Why is it I feel like us Android users always miss out when it comes to the good stuff? Especially gems....

The problem with Android is that it is much harder to develop complex game features, sometimes the situation is so bad that game developers do not bother making a droid version at all because they would have to hire so many programmers to do it that they cannot make it profitably. For games that are completely free, they often do not make a Droid version because they cannot afford the amount of time to create a properly working version on that platform, according to numerous interviews with well known software developers.

Dreamear
02-17-18, 06:32 PM
The problem with Android is that it is much harder to develop complex game features, sometimes the situation is so bad that game developers do not bother making a droid version at all because they would have to hire so many programmers to do it that they cannot make it profitably. For games that are completely free, they often do not make a Droid version because they cannot afford the amount of time to create a properly working version on that platform, according to numerous interviews with well known software developers.

That's kind of crazy.... I know there are games that are on Droid only so I thought it was a preference thing.. Still seems crazy Droid development is that much more expensive.

Thank you for the information it really helps :)

geordieprogman
02-18-18, 03:16 AM
It's much harder for android because there are so many versions that people use. Plus there's also so many different devices and what will work on say a Samsung phone with the newest version of android may have to be coded differently on the latest Nokia using the same version of android. Saying that, I do still think it's unfair that gem dispensers were available to us iOS players and not android players.

angel3rose
02-19-18, 10:44 PM
Why have it in the game and allow people to think they can save up and get and then it?s gone. Just irritating like the videos used to be for gems now they are for double coins but I guess less coins now and Janice did before

luincristiel
02-21-18, 11:26 PM
Why have it in the game and allow people to think they can save up and get and then it?s gone. Just irritating like the videos used to be for gems now they are for double coins but I guess less coins now and Janice did before

I think they've realized it's a mistake to have it in the game - despite the price (originally 450 gems) a player will definitely profit in around a year and will not spend actual money on gems.

As much as I'd like to have a few more, I don't think they'll ever be re-released unless perhaps they need some quick cash. I'll be concerned if that happens.

joeybasenji
03-07-18, 06:44 AM
please give us back the Gem Dispenser please so many people are asking this please please!

Dreamear
03-08-18, 10:59 AM
Personally, I'd rather see the videos back. You watch 10 videos, you get 10 gems. It's the game players choice if they want to watch all 10 or just few or none at all.

Plus the videos were for all devices. If 10 gems a day is too many, than go with 2, 4 or 5. I would rather get a gem for watching a video than 2 hours off my cook time. Give us 4 gems a day that equals 4 hours of cook time.

I know this post is falling on deaf ears because S8 doesn't listen to what's being said in the form. The proof is the longer cook time poll... people overwhelmingly wanted longer cook times & lower prices. That has yet to happen.

Unfortunately, I'll believe S8 listens to their form when I see changes.

Azul
03-08-18, 01:43 PM
DRoid development is crazy expensive in time, money or both because the Android operating system is nothing more that a cheap flavor of Linux. linux was never deleted to be a proper gaming platform, it was invented simply as a way for college students who didn't have any money to have an operating system that didn't cost a fortune (i.e. Microsoft Windows). Some of the students then tool Linux to the big corporations to use on their servers so the corporations did not have to pay OS license fees to Microsoft (Windows server) or to AT&T (UNIX), so although its become very popular with these corporations, Linux was still not developed as a gaming environment, its developed as a server operating system (which is much simpler than any gaming platform because each server really only has to perform one function over and over again all the time).

When word baked out that Apple was creating a next generation cell phone, Google hurriedly purchased the Android operating system from a small unprofitable startup company, which had been poorly cobbled together to work as an OS for flip phones. Once again, it was not developed as a game platform, it was merely the most basic phone OS that those guys could cobble together.

Google rushed the Android operating system to market because they wrongly assumed that Apple was making a simply flip phone, so Google also did not create an optimized gaming operating system, they simply cobbled together a few barely functional components then went to town selling it as something amazing, which it wasn't and still isn't.

Once Apple lit the mobile gaming industry on fire with superior games, the Google kludged together a few tacked on features to Android (Droid) to make building games a little easier but he truth of the matter is that to this day the top game developers all still say that they produce the best games on Apple's iOS first because they can do it much faster, easier and with far more security than they can on Droid. Much of the time they just don't bother making a Droid version at all because they have to write so much code to make the game work that it either is too slow to play or its just taking too long to finish and they give up.

The difference between iOS and Droid (under the hood) is enormous. Although both have their roots in UNIX, iOS is still based on Darwin (Apple's core operating system that powers iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS) and Darwin is one of he very few operating systems that is certified as a true UNIX. Droid is just another flavor of Linux which is a do-it-yourslef kludge of disparate components that are often forced into working together to get a barely functional operating system running.

This all means that you should not expect all features to show up on the same game on the Droid platform because the developers feel too much pain in trying to do so, not to mention the horrendous problems trying to keep Droid secure because Google does a terrible job at making and keeping Droid users secure.

Azul
03-08-18, 01:43 PM
Yes! Please give u the Gem Dispenser, pretty please!

baker9081
03-08-18, 10:11 PM
DRoid development is crazy expensive in time, money or both because the Android operating system is nothing more that a cheap flavor of Linux. linux was never deleted to be a proper gaming platform, it was invented simply as a way for college students who didn't have any money to have an operating system that didn't cost a fortune (i.e. Microsoft Windows). Some of the students then tool Linux to the big corporations to use on their servers so the corporations did not have to pay OS license fees to Microsoft (Windows server) or to AT&T (UNIX), so although its become very popular with these corporations, Linux was still not developed as a gaming environment, its developed as a server operating system (which is much simpler than any gaming platform because each server really only has to perform one function over and over again all the time).

When word baked out that Apple was creating a next generation cell phone, Google hurriedly purchased the Android operating system from a small unprofitable startup company, which had been poorly cobbled together to work as an OS for flip phones. Once again, it was not developed as a game platform, it was merely the most basic phone OS that those guys could cobble together.

Google rushed the Android operating system to market because they wrongly assumed that Apple was making a simply flip phone, so Google also did not create an optimized gaming operating system, they simply cobbled together a few barely functional components then went to town selling it as something amazing, which it wasn't and still isn't.

Once Apple lit the mobile gaming industry on fire with superior games, the Google kludged together a few tacked on features to Android (Droid) to make building games a little easier but he truth of the matter is that to this day the top game developers all still say that they produce the best games on Apple's iOS first because they can do it much faster, easier and with far more security than they can on Droid. Much of the time they just don't bother making a Droid version at all because they have to write so much code to make the game work that it either is too slow to play or its just taking too long to finish and they give up.

The difference between iOS and Droid (under the hood) is enormous. Although both have their roots in UNIX, iOS is still based on Darwin (Apple's core operating system that powers iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS) and Darwin is one of he very few operating systems that is certified as a true UNIX. Droid is just another flavor of Linux which is a do-it-yourslef kludge of disparate components that are often forced into working together to get a barely functional operating system running.

This all means that you should not expect all features to show up on the same game on the Droid platform because the developers feel too much pain in trying to do so, not to mention the horrendous problems trying to keep Droid secure because Google does a terrible job at making and keeping Droid users secure.

Interesting! The more you know...

joeybasenji
03-14-18, 03:20 PM
pls bring back the Gem Dispenser as limited offer

mamimari
08-30-19, 11:54 AM
GEM DISPENSER ON SALE !!! Only in Bakery, not in Restaurant ?!?!

fawziaj
08-30-19, 12:06 PM
GEM DISPENSER ON SALE !!! Only in Bakery, not in Restaurant ?!?!

Yes...
How sad is that����

baker9081
08-30-19, 01:43 PM
It?s gone again.

monstertop
08-30-19, 01:54 PM
Ugh, did I miss it? How sad.

geordieprogman
08-30-19, 02:18 PM
WOW It has been removed. I?m pleased I got in quickly. I bought 2 more tonight so 8 in total now. They shouldn?t have put it for sale at all if they were going to remove it before the sale ended! I feel so sorry for everyone that will miss out. It?s not fair at all.

Azul
08-30-19, 02:39 PM
The gem dispenser is once available, Yay!

No, wait, now its gone! I'm glad I was able to get it but all my neighbors who don't play until they get home from work will be so disappointed! its so sad!

I really would like to see the Gem Dispenser be available all year long, please.