PDA

View Full Version : Gem dispenser

joeybasenji
08-21-15, 11:02 AM
Does anybody knows how this works ? It cost 225 gems and you get 1 gem every 12 hours
For how long ?
Thank you

Edit(KP)
In answer to some questions on the gem dispenser:

1. The item is permanent and you can collect from it forever, as long as you are in a supported version (see #4).
2. It will only hold a maximum of 1 gem. To get the most out of it, you should collect from it as close to every 12 hours as possible.
3. The gem does not expire if you do not collect it. It will just not accumulate any additional gems until it is collected.
4. It is only supported in iOS 1.7.6+. It is not supported on Android

Edit(KP) 12-2-16
The gem dispenser is not longer available .

deekathleen
08-21-15, 11:07 AM
Does anybody knows how this works ? It cost 225 gems and you get 1 gem every 12 hours
For how long ?
Thank you

Probably till you get to 224 gems, then it breaks down ;) kidding.

alicee11
08-21-15, 11:27 AM
Buy and let us know ;)

fatbearsecondary
08-21-15, 12:55 PM
yah, would be great if we could get some more info on this before S8 all leaves for the weekend, since the special offer is only until Sunday. Do it, S8, tell us what the deal is!

ElaineCarrel
08-21-15, 04:25 PM
The pop up I got said that THEY WANTED EVERYONE TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN ONE.

I did the quick math and it's gonna take 112.5 days to reimburse ur self for the gems u spent buying it. Come on r u really wanting to wait almost 4 months, actually 3.75 months, to start profiting from it? I know I won't fall for that gem trap.

deekathleen
08-21-15, 05:03 PM
The pop up I got said that THEY WANTED EVERYONE TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN ONE.

I did the quick math and it's gonna take 112.5 days to reimburse ur self for the gems u spent buying it. Come on r u really wanting to wait almost 4 months, actually 3.75 months, to start profiting from it? I know I won't fall for that gem trap.

Everyone who uses ios, the only everyones whose money matters to them.

3squares
08-22-15, 11:31 PM
I'm iOS and I haven't seen an offer for this on RS. But I'm not using the most current version of RS.

In the best case scenario, you'd collect a gem once every 12 hours. But realistically, you're not going to claim that gem every 12 hours, on the hour, for the next 3-1/2 months. There will be days when that gem sits, waiting for hours or days, for you to claim it, because of the demands of real life.

deekathleen
08-23-15, 06:14 AM
Hmm that is interesting that ios needs to update to a buggy version to get it. They haven't fixed the buggy version, say they are working on fixing it, but in the meantime have been able to program in some decor that dispenses gems.

Natasha_07
08-23-15, 01:46 PM
It's common that they fix things that are not broken, yet leave the broken ones unattended.

kooky panda
08-27-15, 02:13 PM
yah, would be great if we could get some more info on this before S8 all leaves for the weekend, since the special offer is only until Sunday. Do it, S8, tell us what the deal is!

Here ya go!

1. The item is permanent and you can collect from it forever, as long as you are in a supported version (see #4).
2. It will only hold a maximum of 1 gem. To get the most out of it, you should collect from it as close to every 12 hours as possible.
3. The gem does not expire if you do not collect it. It will just not accumulate any additional gems until it is collected.

DLL137
08-27-15, 03:05 PM
In a different game I play they just recently brought in this "diamond boutique" that gives you X amounts of diamonds a day. It was something you bought with real money, not in game currencies. I'm typing this because I liked the way that was presented and I bought it. This "deal" is raw. It's weird. I don't like it, however, I would like to like it and that's why I bothered. It's weird to pay for the thing with gems to get gems. It's just like...BNL's One week - lyrical nonsense.

Rynetory2
08-28-15, 12:05 AM
I disagree. Buying with gems is fairer especially for those of us already with gems in our accounts. I top up my gems when I am low so if they had offered the dispenser in currency, I would think twice since I had paid for gems. In addition, it also lets players buy with their earned gems. This is great for some players who don't have the extra cash to buy gems. This method gives us more flexibility.

twospoons
08-28-15, 01:28 PM
I agree with rynetory2 that allowing people to use gems, which they may have earned instead of paying for, is better for players. If you'd rather use real money, it's a single extra step--use gems, then replenish your gems with real money, and ta-da! you paid for the dispenser with cash.

and, being that it's better for players, i'm surprised that's how they released it, instead of having it be a cash-only offer. maybe because it's a new permanent addition, and they have no mechanism to keep cash-only offers in the game indeterminately.

sweetypies97
09-01-15, 04:49 AM
This wasn't offered to me :(

deekathleen
09-01-15, 06:52 AM
This wasn't offered to me :(

It was only offered to ios users who have the updated ios version of the game.

awesomejujubeans
09-17-15, 04:55 PM
Can someone post a screenshot of it? I have Android so I'm curious what it looks like.

yodahead11
09-26-15, 05:57 AM
I like the gem dispenser. Set an alarm for the 12hour increments.

alicee11
09-26-15, 08:16 AM
:( so expensive toy

Bakerling
10-13-15, 05:34 AM
I disagree. Buying with gems is fairer especially for those of us already with gems in our accounts. I top up my gems when I am low so if they had offered the dispenser in currency, I would think twice since I had paid for gems. In addition, it also lets players buy with their earned gems. This is great for some players who don't have the extra cash to buy gems. This method gives us more flexibility.

I totally agree with you.

meme1098
10-13-15, 11:32 AM
:( so expensive toy

It's years before you ever get your gems back.

Rynetory2
10-13-15, 10:23 PM
It's years before you ever get your gems back.

Umm I bought it at discount and am very near to getting my full investment. I won't say years, months is more like it.

Chaotikah
12-17-15, 11:30 PM
Do they ever go on sale?

carabellexo
12-18-15, 12:26 AM
Do they ever go on sale?

They did a few weeks ago on BF.

GeorgieMutt
11-29-16, 02:04 PM
I missed the Black Friday sale on the gem dispenser does anyone know when it will be available again either at regular or discounted price?

LIDA3209
11-29-16, 02:24 PM
Lucky you --- you will get the gems every 12 hours and it's forever. I've had it since it first came out at the reduced price, sometime last year and it just keeps on going-- like the energizer rabbit. ITs so good that I went from 2 to 4 in bakery story and from 1 to 4 in Restaurant story. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Think about it - each dispenser gives you2 gems every day. COst was 225 gems, so in 113 days, less then 4 months it pays for itself.

GeorgieMutt
11-29-16, 05:18 PM
So the gen dispenser doesn't show up in my items anywhere. Anyone know when it will be available again?

deekathleen
11-29-16, 07:46 PM
So the gen dispenser doesn't show up in my items anywhere. Anyone know when it will be available again?

It is only available to ios users, so if you are on android, then never.

GeorgieMutt
11-30-16, 07:32 AM
No I'm an iOS user. I remember it was in my items a time or two this last year but I can't remember when. And nobody else seems to know either.

kooky panda
12-02-16, 11:42 AM
I am sorry but the gem dispenser is no longer available.

GeorgieMutt
12-03-16, 11:54 AM
I am sorry but the gem dispenser is no longer available.. For ever and ever!?! It's gone, gone like not even next year!?! I'm gonna 😭

pcabral03
12-03-16, 02:13 PM
. For ever and ever!?! It's gone, gone like not even next year!?! I'm gonna 😭

I'm not an IOS user but I think they've offered it the last two years on Black Friday, so yes even though it's gone and not being offered anymore you never know might be offered again next year on Black Friday.

kooky panda
12-03-16, 02:44 PM
. For ever and ever!?! It's gone, gone like not even next year!?! I'm gonna 

It has been removed from the game, but as pcabral stated removed items sometimes are brought back later.

GeorgieMutt
12-03-16, 07:15 PM
I sure hope so! Thanks guys for the reply!

ANILTBALANI
03-20-17, 04:19 AM
I got 2 gem dispenser in my restaurant story game and now I looking for 3rd gem despenser it's not displaying in parts , so how I get the 3rd gem despenser

Rynetory2
03-20-17, 08:15 AM
The gem dispenser has been removed from the Market last year.

ccscreativecreations
04-04-17, 07:28 AM
It would be great if you offered the gem dispenser again for those people that missed it.

JayBoy408
05-04-17, 11:05 AM
Here ya go!

Is the GEM DISPENSER still available for purchase? If not, will it become available any time in the near future?

Rynetory2
05-04-17, 09:07 PM
Is the GEM DISPENSER still available for purchase? If not, will it become available any time in the near future?

Welcome to the forum. :)

Sorry we won't know if/when S8 will release this. I have sent in a request for this earlier. Hopefully we get to see it.

GeorgieMutt
05-05-17, 11:05 AM
Thank you for checking! Appreciate it🖖🏾🤓

SurfergirlSD
07-26-18, 12:33 PM
Why is it not available for Androids?