PDA

View Full Version : Daily Quest

jojowzs
08-21-15, 04:40 AM
I see there's something new. Daily challenges with parts as a reward.
Today:
4x serve pizza margarita
2x cook mushroom risotto
1x serve stuffed mushrooms

Reward: wooden plank

edit(KP)

They do expire 24 hours from when you first get them and these Quests are iOS only. If you make any progress on an Android device, it will not count towards the Goal.

I noticed with my quest I got yesterday, they now show the time of 24 hours.

edit(KP) 9-21-15

Update:

Daily Quests have not been discontinued.
Since you guys leveled up, there currently aren't any Daily Quests for your guy's level.

Please look forward to Daily Quests again soon.:)

killmypatience
08-21-15, 05:57 AM
Where are these daily challenges? i don't see that in my game, only the new cruise event.

jojowzs
08-21-15, 06:49 AM
I saw them on the right guy with a microphone popped up... I have no idea if this is only available on certain levels...

fatbearsecondary
08-21-15, 06:52 AM
I saw them on the right guy with a microphone popped up... I have no idea if this is only available on certain levels...

I'm lvl 49 and no sign of a daily challenge...

jojowzs
08-21-15, 06:52 AM
I don't know how to add a screenshot...

killmypatience
08-21-15, 07:02 AM
I'm at level 49 too and no daily challenges...

Xialio
08-21-15, 07:14 AM
same here, but mi been having game issues since the new Alaskan cruise event launched

ericanom
08-21-15, 08:20 AM
My daily challenge is different than yours

Serve 3 Split Pea Soup
Serve 2 Surf & Turf
Serve 3 Cheesecake

Reward: 5 Quick Serves

killmypatience
08-21-15, 08:29 AM
Maybe those daily challenges are for all levels except level 49, i don't know... because fatbearsecondary et i are at level 49 and don't have anything...

LonePudding
08-21-15, 08:39 AM
I'm level 38, no sign over here.

GiambattistaV
08-21-15, 10:54 AM
Mine is:
Collect 2 butter
Cook 1 Lobster bisque
Serve 2 Lobster Thermidor
And the reward is 1 NAIL :)

fatbearsecondary
08-21-15, 12:49 PM
Mine is:
Collect 2 butter
Cook 1 Lobster bisque
Serve 2 Lobster Thermidor
And the reward is 1 NAIL :)
HAHAHAHA wow that is terrible! At least I feel better I don't have it, I guess?

LonePudding
08-21-15, 08:36 PM
I'm level 38, no sign over here.

I still haven't got this :( Android only?

Nessell
08-21-15, 09:37 PM
I still haven't got this :( Android only?

I have the daily quest I'm on iOS.

cquinn32
08-21-15, 09:46 PM
I do not have these either

Iconoclast1919
08-21-15, 10:12 PM
So do I only have 24 hours to complete this daily quest? If it stays, and it takes me 36 hours, do I get a new one the same day I finish this one, or the next day? I just wish when they introduce an entirely new thing like a daily quest that they would make a sticky about it to explain what it is and how it works. It's strange that our quests are different.

I'm on iOS and my daily quest is:

Boy's Night Out

Serve Prime Rib x1

Serve Meat Lover's Pizza x3

Cook Stew x2

jojowzs
08-22-15, 12:34 AM
Today de quest isn't there... I'm glad we have loads more quests :) but I get that it's confusing. And it's getting busy with all these new events :)

cquinn32
08-22-15, 10:43 AM
So any chance we can get an answer as to why some players have these goals and others don't?

LonePudding
08-22-15, 10:48 PM
So any chance we can get an answer as to why some players have these goals and others don't?

Another suggestion... It could be released to certain players for beta-testing? Lol I don't know. I'm hoping someone from S8 will come and inform the clueless here.

weethistle
08-23-15, 04:40 AM
I've had 2 daily challenges now, neither of which I've been able to attempt. Yesterday they asked for a set of recipes including 4 surf & turf which I only unlocked on Friday so hadn't learned (it took me ages to do expansion 12 due to lack of hammers). Today it's asked me to collect milk and I'm only on level 40!!

jojowzs
08-23-15, 04:53 AM
The daily quests are ridiculous... An enormous amount of work... Not even doable in 24 hours for 1 plank or nail... While cid is dropping the exact same... I'm back on focussing on the other quests

Iconoclast1919
08-23-15, 07:25 PM
So do I only have 24 hours to complete this daily quest? If it stays, and it takes me 36 hours, do I get a new one the same day I finish this one, or the next day? I just wish when they introduce an entirely new thing like a daily quest that they would make a sticky about it to explain what it is and how it works. It's strange that our quests are different.

I'm on iOS and my daily quest is:

Boy's Night Out

Serve Prime Rib x1
Serve Meat Lover's Pizza x3
Cook Stew x2

So that was my previous post, and still no answer from S8. I got all but 1 pizza done that day, but it disappeared before I could finish it and a new daily quest showed up. I thought I would let you all know that there is a time limit. It is a lot of work and if you don't finish on time, you don't get the reward.

My new daily quest today is:

Pickin' Up the Pizza

Serve Margherita Pizza x9
Serve Pepperoni Pizza x7
Serve Supreme Pizza x1

Reward: Quick Serve x5

That is really a ridiculous amount of ingredients and time, it seems almost impossible to finish even if you cook all day! I just wish that S8 would be a litle more realistic. They also dumped an awful lot on on at the same time as the cruise. My biggest wish is that when something new like a daily quest is released that they would post some information about how it works on their web site.

catfoodie
09-01-15, 03:33 PM
I just got the daily quest called Seafood Siesta, need to serve:
2 Tuna Rolls
3 Surf and Turf
3 Baked Salmon

All this for 1 wooden plank. I really wish it would be hammers instead...

kooky panda
09-01-15, 04:03 PM
Ummm I am not seeing this either. I will see if I can get some info.

nmishii
09-01-15, 04:10 PM
I got 8 Daily Featured quests on iOS and none on Android. There are no timers on these. Are they only available for a day?

catfoodie
09-01-15, 04:16 PM
I got 8 Daily Featured quests on iOS and none on Android. There are no timers on these. Are they only available for a day?

I'm really confused, I only have the one daily quest. Why some people have many, and other don't have any... Such a mystery.

nmishii
09-01-15, 04:40 PM
I'm really confused, I only have the one daily quest. Why some people have many, and other don't have any... Such a mystery.

I am confused too. These are the first daily quests I've gotten. I don't really care for them. The rewards aren't worth the effort at level 49 ... I trash nails and boards all the time. Now if the would give blueprints and shovels I would do them.

SparklyOctopus
09-01-15, 04:52 PM
Hey there! Sorry for all the confusion. These daily quests will be rolling out soon for players Level 17 and above. If you don't see them yet, please look forward to them. :)

cquinn32
09-01-15, 05:08 PM
I just got this as a daily quest:

nmishii
09-01-15, 05:18 PM
Well 7 of my 8 daily quests disappeared. Glad I didn't start cooking a bunch of food to complete them.

Here is the one that remained.

nmishii
09-01-15, 05:35 PM
Hey there! Sorry for all the confusion. These daily quests will be rolling out soon for players Level 17 and above. If you don't see them yet, please look forward to them. :)

Can you confirm this is for iOS only at this time? And if so, let users know that if they collect anything on Android it won't be counted on iOS if they have both devices. The sugar I collected on Android didn't count for one of the daily quests that magically disappeared a short while ago.

can you also let us know when the daily quest will end on a day. There are no timers on them.

I guess I really don't need to say this as it is obvious, but the rollout of these daily quests is really poor.

sushi0606
09-01-15, 07:54 PM
Same here, all but 1 of my daily quests have disappeared and many I was almost finished completing. Not cool to put out challenges and then take them away especially when work was already put into them. Getting pretty annoyed that glitches are becoming the new normal with RS2.

Rynetory2
09-01-15, 08:10 PM

I'm above level 17 on iOS. Don't have daily quest. Is this for selected few?

catfoodie
09-02-15, 01:20 AM
I am confused too. These are the first daily quests I've gotten. I don't really care for them. The rewards aren't worth the effort at level 49 ... I trash nails and boards all the time. Now if the would give blueprints and shovels I would do them.
I agree, the only things I seem to get from cid is nails and planks, so for me it's pretty worthless to cook food that I have mastered and invest time to get something I would probably dump anyway. I think rewards should vary and give not only common tools, but also something we don't get that often (for me it's hammers and shovels).
Although for lower levels it could be a good way to get some extra exp, for higher players it's pretty worthless atm :<

Rynetory2
09-02-15, 06:22 AM
I got the daily quest. First two dishes need 15 peppers. No way I'm able to get 15 peppers in 24hrs. Guess the daily quests are like events, meant for players with unlimited pantry, max shops or live in team lava land 24/7 lol. Is there anything which lower level players like me can play? I guess everyone is at max level. Good luck to all. :)

Dinner Party Dining
Serve 3 stuffed peppers
Serve 3 antipasto platter
Serve 3 cheesecake

fatbearsecondary
09-02-15, 08:06 AM
I had a daily quest yesterday for maybe about 20 minutes. I never intended to complete it (3 gingersnaps and 2 creme brulees for 5 quick serves, HA) but then it disappeared later that evening. What's the deal here? Why do I have 20 old quests that I've already done popping up but no access to the new daily quests? I'd've been pretty pissed if I'd spent a bunch of ingredients, during a cruise, trying to complete a quest that disappeared after an hour anyway!

Also, if y'all want daily quests to be a thing people do, maybe try rewards that are actually a reward? A 50,000th nail or plank that I'm just going to delete is not a reward. Gems, hammers, shovels = rewards. Nails, planks, quick serves = best case joke, worst case punishment?

bomberviking316
09-02-15, 08:41 AM
I got the daily request with all the green peppers too. It will take me 25 hrs to collect the items I need to complete the 24 hr event. Does anybody think of these things before they get put out?

lorettasapron
09-02-15, 01:09 PM
I had a single daily quest yesterday too, although it seems to be gone already (maybe it expired at reset?)

It appears that Storm8 are rolling out this feature gradually, so not everyone has access right now. Unlike some I don't have a problem with this as it could be necessary to ensure no gremlins get in the system, but the problem is they have! Between quests suddenly disappearing for folks and players getting a whole range of daily quests in one day, once again Storm8 have managed to mess up a new feature!

And I completely agree with the unrealistic requirements for these goals versus the paltry rewards. I'd like to suggest a daily quest system that runs for up to seven days. You have to complete each day's requirements within the time limit, and as the days progress the quest gets increasingly more difficult. But crucially, the rewards get significantly better too! I'm thinking of a goody bag of hammers, shovels and gems for getting to the very end!

cquinn32
09-02-15, 03:00 PM
Here is my daily goal for today
Sure I have to cook these dishes anyhow but I doubt I'll get through that many in however many hours we have to complete this!!
Is this all we have to look forward to with the most recent update? Really?

LonePudding
09-02-15, 03:11 PM
I finally got the daily events. I guess they're going to slowly roll their way out to everyone. I'm only doing them for planks as I need 10 more to open my fruit market.

myhsplace
09-02-15, 04:17 PM

i see them and sure wish they would roll them out with a 'Skip Option'!!
nice to have something to do daily i suppose but, recipes with ingredients like lobster

Xialio
09-02-15, 06:06 PM
i see them and sure wish they would roll them out with a 'Skip Option'!!
nice to have something to do daily i suppose but, recipes with ingredients like lobster

mi has skip option, just not worth the gems to skip lol

although I think the daily quests are a good idea, they are just not realistic, yesterday I had to cook, 2 surf n turf, 3 pea soup and 4 cheesecake. Themselves are not that hard to cook, or gather ingredience for, besides lobster but the surf n turf pea soup is on the same appliance :( got down to needing 1 more pea soup to complete it and quest was gone :( today I have 2 recipies I haven't even unlocked.....

yugaxi
09-03-15, 09:40 AM
I can't do any of the daily quests because I have no counter space, I need more counters!

kooky panda
09-03-15, 10:11 AM
Can you confirm this is for iOS only at this time? And if so, let users know that if they collect anything on Android it won't be counted on iOS if they have both devices. The sugar I collected on Android didn't count for one of the daily quests that magically disappeared a short while ago.

can you also let us know when the daily quest will end on a day. There are no timers on them.

I guess I really don't need to say this as it is obvious, but the rollout of these daily quests is really poor.

They do expire 24 hours from when you first get them and these Quests are iOS only. If you make any progress on an Android device, it will not count towards the Goal.

cquinn32
09-03-15, 11:47 AM
Ok whatever with these goals!! I just logged on to turn in my last set of ginger snaps with what should have been about 3 hours remaining and the goal has just disappeared!! Why!! why Storm8 did I just cook three ginger snaps which I already have mastered?

nmishii
09-03-15, 01:21 PM

Thanks for the response. I do see the timer now. But when initially released, there was no timer, and no way to know when the quest started or when it would end. These quests should not have been released unless they were complete. It continues to show poor planning and execution on Storm8's part.

princessimogen
09-03-15, 05:12 PM
The best part of the daily quests for me thus far, is that they go away after a day. The rewards are not worth it and they are easily ignored. Sometimes it seems like the developers don't understand how math works.

princessimogen
09-03-15, 05:15 PM
4 apple pie
7 carrot cake
3 cheesecake

for 1 nail :D

Thanks for the chuckle.

RobsAngel91214
09-03-15, 06:27 PM
I am enjoying the daily challenges. My first one was antipasto plates, stuffed peppers and cheesecakes, this time it was baked potatoes, BLTs, and Cobb salads. I find I am less frustrated with these than the cruise ship challenges.

Ares_storm8
09-03-15, 10:55 PM
Collect 1 milk
Serve 8 Ginger Snap
Serve 8 Sugar Cookies

This is 16 hours to bake on Chateau Oven...
+ 24 sugar
+ 16 ginger
Developers, you are crazy

ginourmous
09-03-15, 11:22 PM
Mine was 4 ginger teas!!! And some other stuff. I didnt even see the other 2 requested item i was laughing so hard. 4 GINGER TEAS in 24 hrs!!! CRAZY

princessimogen
09-03-15, 11:52 PM
Mine was 4 ginger teas!!! And some other stuff. I didnt even see the other 2 requested item i was laughing so hard. 4 GINGER TEAS in 24 hrs!!! CRAZY

LOL! I am not even annoyed about these daily quests. They're so absurd. One has to just laugh. They're quite entertaining. :)

FranDresner
09-04-15, 09:05 PM
What are the developers thinking? Just received one for making 26 drinks for 1 nail. I haven't bothered with any of them and won't be doing so either unless they can make them both doable and more rewardable. Let's see I can click Cid once or spend longer on game that I would for a cruise event to get 1 nail, hmmm

boredz
09-05-15, 06:14 AM

Kidding me. I'm left with 17 hours. Gonna forget about this. Off to bed.

RobsAngel91214
09-05-15, 07:32 AM
Are the daily quests only Monday through Friday?? I haven't gotten one yet today so was curious.

cquinn32
09-05-15, 07:37 AM

Kidding me. I'm left with 17 hours. Gonna forget about this. Off to bed.

Storm8 what is this!! I'm not sure what world your living in but there is only 24 hours in a day!! There is not even enough time in one day to finish this goal lol.

SSInfinity1
09-05-15, 10:04 AM
Are the daily quests only Monday through Friday?? I haven't gotten one yet today so was curious.
I got a quest today. But its a repeat of quest that I got few days back and also the reward is nails. :D

KadeeDid
09-05-15, 10:23 AM
I have never seen this but will be ignoring just like the daily quests on other TL games.

felicitymay78
09-05-15, 12:12 PM
My quest for today was:

Serve 10 eggs
Collect 10 bacon
Serve 3 Lox bagels

Between the market and regular item refresh, have completed it with many hours to spare. Reward is 5 hand thingies.

RobsAngel91214
09-05-15, 03:55 PM
I got the eggs,bacon and lox bagel one too. It was just later in the day than usual.

cquinn32
09-05-15, 04:30 PM
My goal for today is:

4 apple pie
7 carrot cake
3 cheesecake
For 1 nail reward

Now let's just break down the number of ingredients required to earn 1 nail:

12 apples
4 butter
14 carrots
12 cheese
6 cream
29 flour
29 sugar

For players that have already mastered these recipes its just not worth it. No way will I give up 29 sugar lol
Please offer some better rewards

felicitymay78
09-06-15, 04:31 AM
No daily quest for today yet!

felicitymay78
09-06-15, 04:31 AM
Side note - I'd love some daily quests with hammers as a reward. **** expansions!

Malabie
09-07-15, 12:51 PM
I haven't gotten planks in forever, so I'm actually attempting some of these daily quests! But they're only feasible if you happen to already have a bunch of whatever hard-to-earn ingredient they're asking for. :/ And yeah, I agree that nails and quick serves and planks are relatively common and not really attractive as prizes unless you can get a bunch of them at once.

The daily quests are available to players at level 17 and up but I don't see how anyone below level 35 could even begin to think about trying their hand at one of these. I appreciate the extra opportunity of getting parts, but I don't think I'm going to make much use of it. :(

orleansparish
09-07-15, 08:53 PM
Mines wanted 3 lobster bisque and some other insane dish, for just one board. What dorks come up with this stuff? I think it also wanted 3 lobster rolls and 4 prime rib. I mean seriously? CID is pretty fantastic at dropping these useless things, so why would I struggle to make these dishes in one impossible day?!

killmypatience
09-08-15, 09:26 AM
Side note - I'd love some daily quests with hammers as a reward. **** expansions!

I would like the same reward, Cid is too selfish with hammers lol.

SSInfinity1
09-09-15, 06:25 PM
I got the this goal today! It's not doable unless you store sugars immediately once available. Plus, maybe not worth the reward.

My goal for today is:

4 apple pie
7 carrot cake
3 cheesecake
For 1 nail reward

Now let's just break down the number of ingredients required to earn 1 nail:

12 apples
4 butter
14 carrots
12 cheese
6 cream
29 flour
29 sugar

For players that have already mastered these recipes its just not worth it. No way will I give up 29 sugar lol
Please offer some better rewards

Kirrawynne
09-10-15, 06:38 AM
And I completely agree with the unrealistic requirements for these goals versus the paltry rewards. I'd like to suggest a daily quest system that runs for up to seven days. You have to complete each day's requirements within the time limit, and as the days progress the quest gets increasingly more difficult. But crucially, the rewards get significantly better too! I'm thinking of a goody bag of hammers, shovels and gems for getting to the very end!

This is essentially what the cruise event is like.

txangel1109
09-10-15, 12:58 PM
I have recently gotten a Samsung Galaxy tablet 4. I have shared the files so I can play on either device. I play mainly ok my iPhone 5s. The only problem I have is that I don't have the daily quests on the tablet. So I had cooked all day the lobster bisque and the lobster tempura. I got on the tablet and selected the cooked items. But then not we I didn't have the daily quest. I went to the iphone and the items were not cleared from the quest. All the cooking for nothing. I also lost about 2,000,000 in coins when I first shared the devices. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

nmishii
09-10-15, 01:08 PM
I have recently gotten a Samsung Galaxy tablet 4. I have shared the files so I can play on either device. I play mainly ok my iPhone 5s. The only problem I have is that I don't have the daily quests on the tablet. So I had cooked all day the lobster bisque and the lobster tempura. I got on the tablet and selected the cooked items. But then not we I didn't have the daily quest. I went to the iphone and the items were not cleared from the quest. All the cooking for nothing. I also lost about 2,000,000 in coins when I first shared the devices. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The first post states the daily quests are for iOS only and anything you collect on Android will not count. It is common with Storm8 games to release new features to Android later than iOS or not at all. You'll get used to seeing this; I did.

jazzydiva1
09-11-15, 10:50 PM
I got a daily quest. I can't even complete. It asked me to collect milk but I am level 42. milk is available on level 44.

littledarc3
09-13-15, 10:16 AM
The rewards for the daily quest aren't enough for what they want you to do. Especially if it involves ginger or vanilla.

infinitelove19
09-18-15, 02:12 PM
The rewards for the daily quest aren't enough for what they want you to do. Especially if it involves ginger or vanilla.

Agreed. I got asked to serve 8 ginger snaps. That takes 16 ginger! in 24 hours even with all plots unlocked is too much!

infinitelove19
09-18-15, 02:27 PM
I got a daily quest. I can't even complete. It asked me to collect milk but I am level 42. milk is available on level 44.

...and I got a daily quest asking me to make cheese fondue, which I haven't done the goal to unlock. Definitely needs some changes....

yugaxi
09-20-15, 12:51 AM
There wasn't a daily quest yesterday or today? Do we not get them anymore?

ariffraff
09-20-15, 02:12 AM
There wasn't a daily quest yesterday or today? Do we not get them anymore?

Good to know I'm not the only one who didn't get one.

kooky panda
09-20-15, 02:07 PM
I have not received any for a couple of days.
I will check on this.

sugerbabby2
09-21-15, 11:25 AM
I was getting them but I don't see them now

infinitelove19
09-21-15, 11:45 AM
I have not received any for a couple of days.
I will check on this.

I think this may be related to the whole level 55/56 glitches. I still get 24hr quests on my level 38 accounts, but not on my level 55 account.

kooky panda
09-21-15, 02:16 PM
Update:

Daily Quests have not been discontinued.
Since you guys leveled up, there currently aren't any Daily Quests for your guy's level.

Please look forward to Daily Quests again soon.:)

infinitelove19
09-22-15, 07:40 PM
Got a new 24-hr quest on my level 55 account. Very doable, too. Cook 1 creme brulee, 3 pea soup & 1 mushroom risotto.

yugaxi
09-23-15, 03:02 AM
I got mine back today as well

Chaotarch
11-17-15, 04:29 AM
they change the reward from 50 exp & 5.000 coins to 60 exp & 6.000 coins?

C2hWF
11-29-15, 08:52 AM
No daily quest for level 60!
Please check it.

kooky panda
11-29-15, 11:19 AM
I will report this over.

kooky panda
12-01-15, 06:10 PM
Hey guys, this is by design.
This is to allow players in the new level group to complete the news goals.
You will get access to daily quests again at a later time. :)

Chaotarch
12-02-15, 03:44 AM
4)
Buy: ---
Serve: 3x Lobster Bisque, 3x Prime Rib
Spice up: 3x Prime Rib
Reward: 1 nail

5)
Serve: 4x Ginger Tea, 2x Veggie Sushi, 3x Mandarin Salad
Spice up: ---
Reward: 1 plank

6)
Serve: 4x Veggie Juice, 16 Orange Juice
Spice up: 6x Apple Cider
Reward: 1 nail

love the humor of S8 with the rewards...

pls change nail and plank into shovel and hammer or bag of seeds:cool:

nmishii
12-02-15, 10:46 AM
Hey guys, this is by design.
This is to allow players in the new level group to complete the news goals.
You will get access to daily quests again at a later time. :)

Kind of a strange and stupid design. The new level group is 56 to 60. The new goal is 6 parts, and only the last part requires level 60. So from levels 56 to 59 you work on 5 parts of a goal and have daily quests. Then on level 60 you have one part of a goal. There are no daily quests so you can complete that one part and once you complete that goal there are no daily quests even though there are no new goals to work on. What makes more sense is they messed up and don't want to admit it or they really don't want people at the last level building up their xps faster.

Anyways, I hope they don't add back the daily quests anytime soon. I can't wait until I hit level 60 so I don't get them anymore.

Paul__
10-24-17, 06:56 PM
I hope they bring back daily goals with rewards like planks, expansion parts, etc. instead of just stamps.