PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 08/20/15 Update - Equestrian Race Event!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

gilachaya
08-23-15, 11:15 PM
Level 5 horse track dropped 2 carrots and 1 sugar in addition to the horseshoes.

AnniePMH
08-23-15, 11:19 PM
Honestly no one told some of you to buy 900 horses and then max out on rope when there was no clearly defined need for it. I don't think you should be asking S8 to fix your self-created problems as if they owe you something.

JMO as someone who doesn't see the need to max out on anything just because I can.

Lol, I want to visit the Kingdom with 900 horses...:rolleyes::D

EBJW
08-24-15, 01:28 AM
As always before the rate is out of balance:

right now I have:
20 steel ingots
29 arena banners

:rolleyes:

ktorewqas
08-24-15, 05:12 AM
I have 21 ingots (includes 2 from trade) and 14 banners, it's ok for me so far. My biggest gap in grape event is 21.

55lee55
08-24-15, 05:57 AM
Honestly no one told some of you to buy 900 horses and then max out on rope when there was no clearly defined need for it. I don't think you should be asking S8 to fix your self-created problems as if they owe you something.

JMO as someone who doesn't see the need to max out on anything just because I can.

I am maxed out on most things now. I had been making rope because my Tinker Camp was full of everything else. Isn't crafting one of the main objects of this game? You must not play as often as I do. Or maybe you do, and you are more constrained by your own rules. Is that what you are saying?

Do you suggest I stop making things? Would you care to share your other personal rules in addition to the one where you don't max out on anything? I wasn't aware that there was an official rule against it, so I assume it is a personal one? Are you saying you think everyone should play this game your way? What would it take to please you?

To each their own, but I guess not since you have decided that you don't believe some of us should be asking S8 to fix a problem that they should have forseen and fixed, before releasing this quest. Is it your belief, then, that those of us who were given the ability to max out on items, and happened to max out on rope, should not be allowed to finish this quest? Or do you believe we should simply pull out our credit cards and pay for the privilege since we broke your personal rule? Who are you, that you are so wise? I would like to hear your advice on how to play this game.

I would also like to see this 900 horse kingdom.

riverly
08-24-15, 06:57 AM
I wondered from the start why the option to craft rope was there when there was not a need for them. I think it was a design flaw of the game myself and I did not make a lot of rope for that reason I was going to suggest waiting for a horse trade that required rope but I just read that you gemmed through already. I'm considering making more allergy potion because I've got horse hair flying everywhere.

tuffyjkitten
08-24-15, 07:54 AM
K
I am maxed out on most things now. I had been making rope because my Tinker Camp was full of everything else. Isn't crafting one of the main objects of this game? You must not play as often as I do. Or maybe you do, and you are more constrained by your own rules. Is that what you are saying?

Do you suggest I stop making things? Would you care to share your other personal rules in addition to the one where you don't max out on anything? I wasn't aware that there was an official rule against it, so I assume it is a personal one? Are you saying you think everyone should play this game your way? What would it take to please you?

To each their own, but I guess not since you have decided that you don't believe some of us should be asking S8 to fix a problem that they should have forseen and fixed, before releasing this quest. Is it your belief, then, that those of us who were given the ability to max out on items, and happened to max out on rope, should not be allowed to finish this quest? Or do you believe we should simply pull out our credit cards and pay for the privilege since we broke your personal rule? Who are you, that you are so wise? I would like to hear your advice on how to play this game.

I would also like to see this 900 horse kingdom.

I wasn't trying to be rude, as I assume you were. Play the game how you want, I don't care. But you chose to create the problem you currently have and then complained about it. You have been playing long enough to know that eventually you will be asked to craft something for a goal or event and should know better than to max completely out on everything, especially things you can't use for anything else.

If there's nothing to do in my kingdom then I do something elsewhere. I find endless crafting for no purpose to be mind numbingly boring, but if you like it then keep doing it. Just don't blame anyone but yourself for it.

Enough said on the topic.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-24-15, 08:01 AM
Lol, I want to visit the Kingdom with 900 horses...:rolleyes::D
LOL!!!... I coulda been the first player to have 900 horses for you to see, Nat.... But I stopped a little shy of that, at 150 lol...,most of which are now stored in a BIIIIIG invisible barn you also can't see since I just hit 1500 horseshoes & got the cute lil horse shed this morning.

Now I can just kick back, upgrade the horse track at my laid-back leisure, make sure to follow this new rule I hear about [wherein I won't max on rope (at the new 110 cap) lol], do some of the daily trades (for banners & ingots) & hit all of the goals that reward an Equestrian Gift or 2 (they're cute, must hoard, lol).

Before anyone jumps on me for "not collecting horseshoes for the community", just hold your horses...First, be aware I have an Original Thuakie Sword, lol. Second, I'm still gathering horseshoes for the masses (as if it really matters, since we'll all get the last community prize within hours of the event ending anyway, regardless lol). I'm just not collecting at my earlier fervent collect-from-150-horses-twice+/day pace. So, chill. :wink:

PS. Who has more than 150 horses out? I wanna see, lol.
PPS. For Ollie & CottageRose ~ I forgot what to remember. lol
PPPS. Popcorn. LOL

AnniePMH
08-24-15, 08:22 AM
LOL!!!... I coulda been the first player to have 900 horses for you to see, Nat.... But I stopped a little shy of that, at 150 lol...,most of which are now stored in a BIIIIIG invisible barn you also can't see since I just hit 1500 horseshoes & got the cute lil horse shed this morning.

Now I can just kick back, upgrade the horse track at my laid-back leisure, make sure to follow this new rule I hear about [wherein I won't max on rope (at the new 110 cap) lol], do some of the daily trades (for banners & ingots) & hit all of the goals that reward an Equestrian Gift or 2 (they're cute, must hoard, lol).

Before anyone jumps on me for "not collecting horseshoes for the community", just hold your horses...First, be aware I have an Original Thuakie Sword, lol. Second, I'm still gathering horseshoes for the masses (as if it really matters, since we'll all get the last community prize within hours of the event ending anyway, regardless lol). I'm just not collecting at my earlier fervent collect-from-150-horses-twice+/day pace. So, chill. :wink:

PS. Who has more than 150 horses out? I wanna see, lol.
PPS. For Ollie & CottageRose ~ I forgot. lol
PPPS. Popcorn. LOL

I never actually counted your horses, Captain, but I guessed at 150!:) Yeah, where's that 900 Kingdom?! I love overhoarding, pointless stuff like that, including maxing everything, lol!:D
Edit: And popcorn.:cool:
Edit 2: I only have 5 horses out, and the Destriers and Rounceys, of course. That's enough for me:)

ShibuyaCloth
08-24-15, 08:40 AM
900 horses would have been the ideal challenge for emanon. I am not sure my phone can handle the load. Moreover I probably need to store some more buldings!

Start planning :)

AnniePMH
08-24-15, 08:57 AM
900 horses would have been the ideal challenge for emanon. I am not sure my phone can handle the load. Moreover I probably need to store some more buldings!

Start planning :)

We're a lot of players who could do it, I just don't want to store the buildings, lol! And I need the coins for u-goaling, I'm only at 19 765 000 coins yet, and need a lot more, so not spending part of it on 900 horses:rolleyes: Lol, we need more crazy people in this game...:p

EBJW
08-24-15, 09:22 AM
Right now 25 steel ingots and 36 arena banners...

Sigh...

sandisin
08-24-15, 09:37 AM
Sorry, found the answer

meme1098
08-24-15, 11:00 AM
We're a lot of players who could do it, I just don't want to store the buildings, lol! And I need the coins for u-goaling, I'm only at 19 765 000 coins yet, and need a lot more, so not spending part of it on 900 horses:rolleyes: Lol, we need more crazy people in this game...:p

That would probably take up about 80% of your game board. And what would be the point if you couldn't use/or have a lot of Alicorns everyday for the energy...lol.

AnniePMH
08-24-15, 11:12 AM
That would probably take up about 80% of your game board. And what would be the point if you couldn't use/or have a lot of Alicorns everyday for the energy...lol.

Yep, the Alis hate to be stored too...:rolleyes: It will take some other crazy player to do this 900 horses goal:p Incidentally, how many squares do we have in our King/Queendoms?:confused:
Edit: When fully expanded, that is...

ShibuyaCloth
08-24-15, 11:46 AM
The game board has 1456 cells available when fully expanded. So reaching the 900 must be possible. However you will need to store a lot of stuff.

The following Items cannot be stored:
+ The Baron's Game Tent (3x2)
+ Troll Pit (2x2)
+ Glimmergate (3x3)
+ Forgotten Roost (3x3)
+ Storage Cellar (2x2)
+ Tablet of Tabernum (2x2)
+ Magic Garden (2x2)

That means 40 cells are taken. You have 1416 cells to place any item you want. In other words, you cannot place more then 1416 horses on your game board. Also there is a cap of 999 items on the board. So the max you can reach when storing all you can is 992 horses!

PS: Cost for 992 horses: 1'488'000 coins

AnniePMH
08-24-15, 11:49 AM
The game board has 1456 cells available when fully expanded. So reaching the 900 must be possible. However you will need to store a lot of stuff.

The following Items cannot be stored:
+ The Baron's Game Tent (3x2)
+ Troll Pit (2x2)
+ Glimmergate (3x3)
+ Forgotten Roost (3x3)
+ Storage Cellar (2x2)
+ Tablet of Tabernum (2x2)

That means 36 cells are taken. You have 1420 cells to place any item you want. In other words, you cannot place more then 1420 horses on your game board. Also there is a cap of 999 items on the board. So the max you can reach when storing all you can is 993 horses!

Thanks!:) Hmm, tricksy...This should constitute a nice little horse goal, lol!:D

ShibuyaCloth
08-24-15, 11:54 AM
I have no issue storing buildings with a short refresh time, however storing an Ali is out of question! So 900 horses will stretch your game board capacity to the limit!

PS: Will have to wait until this event is over for me.

AnniePMH
08-24-15, 12:04 PM
I have no issue storing buildings with a short refresh time, however storing an Ali is out of question! So 900 horses will stretch your game board capacity to the limit!

PS: Will have to wait until this event is over for me.

I look forward very much to seeing this!:D

dizzy7373
08-24-15, 12:25 PM
Seems like they could avoid such problems by removing limits on items we need to make during each quest. Guess that would make too much sense.

They could avoid this by having the same step make and then give the rope.
You click the give button, which frees your inventory, and then make the rope. people without the rope, would make it and then give it.
Obviously this gives you an advantage as you are then an hour ahead of everyone else.............

meme1098
08-24-15, 01:13 PM
I look forward very much to seeing this!:D

As do I!!! :)

ShibuyaCloth
08-24-15, 01:53 PM
An Alternative could be a chicken run ;p, comes at half the cost!

jdygmgi
08-24-15, 02:07 PM
Hair/wool, coins, 1-2 xp.:rolleyes::)

So this event prizes are all just decos but the biggest individual prize, that horse shed, which only drops same than a sheep or a cheap market horse...

Happy to store the Equestrian Race item since the 1st day :p

hannsoph
08-24-15, 03:01 PM
Trying to feed sugar to get my ingots. Feed button not working. Gave 7 this morning, trying to feed last 8. What's up

SpiritWind00
08-24-15, 03:05 PM
rope limit increased to 110. Might I suggest that until we have a way to get rid of it, you don't max on it again. :)

Plus, if you have sent a request through to Support, please send a PM with your ticket number to SparklyOctopus. Thanks!

mreames
08-24-15, 05:06 PM
I don't know if it's been mentioned since you wrote this but the stables do occasionally give 2 horse shoes from one stable. ;)

Are you sure? The count goes up as soon as you tap the stable, not when the horseshoe appears with the milk etc and it disappears off the screen 2 seconds later. Can you test it next time and report back. Anyone else noticing the same? You only get 1 horseshoe from each stable.

55lee55
08-24-15, 05:26 PM
SW, the rope was maxed at 110 yesterday, beforeWe posted that we were maxed. Storm8 hasn't done anything, and I doubt they will.

I didn't email them. I got lucky with a trade, and managed to give 3 ropes, but of course I am maxed out on rope again because I had to make 3 for the quest. I am done with it. Not sure it is worth my time to keep playing these quests if they are going to be asking for things that have limits on them but no way to sell or dispose of them. I would be fine with limits if crafts could be sold, but S8 has discovered a new way to drain gems, so I expect we will see more of these type of quests in the future. This is not the only game they did this with irreversable caps on items. Ultimately, there was no damage to me because I was able to finish without paying to skip. I am almost done with this horse silliness. My kingdom is fine as it is, and I don't need more junk to store, especially if I can't sell things when I need to.

Thanks for trying SW!

CLOVERKAITO
08-24-15, 06:02 PM

Finally, a way for me to use up some coins lol. Not gonna go as crazy as 900. Hopefully 101 would do since I can only play twice a day. I only have about 200 horseshoes at the moment...

parasurge
08-24-15, 09:22 PM
So it's kinda disappointing to see so little done on the community prizes when this one is actually fairly easy compared to the last several community events. It only takes a small investment in the cheap brown horses to make sure you can easily collect the individual prizes. I'm only 35 horseshoes away from 1000 so it's looks like smooth sailing there just wish the community was doing the same. :(

EBJW
08-24-15, 09:47 PM
So it's kinda disappointing to see so little done on the community prizes when this one is actually fairly easy compared to the last several community events. It only takes a small investment in the cheap brown horses to make sure you can easily collect the individual prizes. I'm only 35 horseshoes away from 1000 so it's looks like smooth sailing there just wish the community was doing the same. :(

I just noticed the slowness as well.

Speaking for myself:
I noticed in the previous events and in this one again: they are monotonous, boring. For me an event is participating. Collecting from as many numb horses as I can and occasionally some other stuff like stables/ track is not enough to keep the fun. I want to participate!

For me participating is working, making (like the sun stones, the candy). Why can't we make our own horseshoes in the magic force? It's perfect for it! That would have made it sooooo much more fun for me!

And looking at the prices: I like the quintain for my barracks, and I want the horse shed. But everything else stays in inventory for me. Including the community ones as far as I can see what they are... So that's no stimulan either....

In short:
when an event asks for real participation and has great prices I'm working, enthousiastic, happy!
But in the last one and this one.....

outhouse01
08-25-15, 01:55 AM

Parasurge, not aimed at you. Maybe S8 have played by their rules and are making the community actually earn the prises. I can only play twice a day and checked this morning. It was 8 pc at about 12 mill. It is still 8 pc at 13 mill almost 9 hours later. 1 mill change in 9 hours. I understand that a small change in pc early in the event is possible and as players level up, the count increases, however, the mathamithicians from the last event may have quelled it for all. As I said, s8 may be playing by the correct collecting and gathering method. That is, earn your reward, don't expect us to do it for you.

As a side note, they say, rope max 99, will increase to 110 for previous event. Horders then gather, multiply and exchange. why should they now increase to 120. They are a business, they need to earn money to keep this going. Then the natives revolt. It's a catch 22 for them. Play for free if you want, don't speed through than call foul.

Coming from a player who does not buy gems as not on the A list for sales, until US Black Friday arrives each year. Happy gaming all. Cheers

jdygmgi
08-25-15, 04:23 AM
And looking at the prices: I like the quintain for my barracks, and I want the horse shed. But everything else stays in inventory for me. Including the community ones as far as I can see what they are... So that's no stimulan either....

In short:
when an event asks for real participation and has great prices I'm working, enthousiastic, happy!

Sumarizing, there was a big change in the game when its starting cover was transferred from TeamLava to Storm8, in the transit from version 1.2.5 to 1.3 series (1.3.3 now). It was around last Valentines event fiasco (walicorn and loveshack deny included) when ugly and bad designed Baron Tent non storable gem waster arrived our kingdoms, portrait orientation was no longer available and some other things "happened".

Since then, never more valuable drop prizes like previous ones (cauldron, bountiful table, spooky tree) and quests became unreasonable in terms of time (energy) and efforts to achieve the (poor) prizes, like Sir Daisy, Vineyard Estate and lately this Equestrian Race, inviting they all as best option to spend gems to skip anything. Neither the storyline keeps same quality on graphic art, consistence with past events nor value of items got when achieving goals.

Please, someone open a new thread to notify players when anything new is worthed in CS, such as "New Quest or Goal Really Worthed in CS", when it appears some stuff like the old style pre-1.3 CS.

Thanks in advance.

robotparade
08-25-15, 07:34 AM
Speaking for myself:
I noticed in the previous events and in this one again: they are monotonous, boring. For me an event is participating. Collecting from as many numb horses as I can and occasionally some other stuff like stables/ track is not enough to keep the fun. I want to participate!

For me participating is working, making (like the sun stones, the candy). Why can't we make our own horseshoes in the magic force? It's perfect for it! That would have made it sooooo much more fun for me!

In short:

Totally agree. The Halloween event last year was fun b/c we were working toward items that DID something, like the spooky tree. It is difficult to work toward mere decorations (that, by the way, look silly because they are disproportionately-sized to the track they 'go with'). I enjoyed the Halloween event b/c I could MAKE candy, costumes etc. Now I just collect, which is boring, and which uses energy I want to spend on doing other things in my kingdom.

I think that's why the community collection rate is so low.

Edited to add: I am not feeling motivated to collect from horses when I am trying to finish that #%!* Sister Sister quest.

tuffyjkitten
08-25-15, 08:59 AM
The first page says the level 3 racetrack drops 2 horseshoes but mine is dropping 4. I think the 2 went with level 2, which is currently blank.

Can anyone else confirm so SW can update the first page? :)

riverly
08-25-15, 09:06 AM
I just missed my first 3 day timed event, I was asked if I wanted to spend gems on 10 horseshoes. Uh let me think. NO.

clarity625
08-25-15, 10:07 AM
I have about 138 brown horses. I'm not bothering with sugar cane - don't need it.
I have 803 horse shoes. I should be done with gathering them on Thursday.
I haven't decided how many brown horses to keep out afterwords.

My horse track in level 3. Getting it to level 5 will probably take a long time.
I am also working on making grooming mitts. I made 6 mitts so far. Fertilizer is most difficult to get. I put out 6 conservatories. Didn't they used to drop fertilizer each time? They seem to drop about half the time - still better odds than dropping from brown horses or cows.

I'm still running adventures - I try to always have barracks and Queens Court busy.
Overall this event is pretty satisfying with buying a lot of horses which was fun for me. Seeing them all over cracks me up. Also being done with gathering within a week feels much better to me than the previous events that took gathering for weeks. I still will need to harvest the race track, but that doesn't compare to clicking on flowers for 3 weeks.

tigarlilyvol
08-25-15, 10:42 AM
Somehow clicking on flowers was completely wiped from my memory. I hated those tulips (?)

fantaloonastic
08-25-15, 12:09 PM
So here I'm thinking I won't make level 3 in time for the timer to run out...until I looked at the reward. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Really?!

jackalope99
08-25-15, 12:45 PM
I agree that there's not a lot of motivation. Personally, I don't have room for all these not-too-interesting decorations, and I'm not going to break my back for something that doesn't do anything. I'm at level 35 and still working to expand, and constantly in need of more energy.. My game board is pretty much consistently full. That being said, if there was any POINT to the stuff I'm winning, I'd have more of a concern to make room and put extra effort into getting them. It's also discouraging how blatantly obvious it is that drop rates get significantly lower during these events.
Though I have to say I'm ok not having to craft a whole bunch. My blacksmiths are working round the clock as it is! :)

I just noticed the slowness as well.

Speaking for myself:

In short:

jaymieb2
08-25-15, 12:45 PM
I only see seven hidden horses... and a HERD of them in the back. But there are tons of places to hide something that only takes a single space. Lol!

SpiritWind00
08-25-15, 02:46 PM
The first page says the level 3 racetrack drops 2 horseshoes but mine is dropping 4. I think the 2 went with level 2, which is currently blank.

Can anyone else confirm so SW can update the first page? :)
Just levelled up to 3, so I'll check my next drop and update post 2. ;)

55lee55
08-25-15, 08:27 PM
I agree that there's not a lot of motivation. Personally, I don't have room for all these not-too-interesting decorations, and I'm not going to break my back for something that doesn't do anything. I'm at level 35 and still working to expand, and constantly in need of more energy.. My game board is pretty much consistently full. That being said, if there was any POINT to the stuff I'm winning, I'd have more of a concern to make room and put extra effort into getting them. It's also discouraging how blatantly obvious it is that drop rates get significantly lower during these events.
Though I have to say I'm ok not having to craft a whole bunch. My blacksmiths are working round the clock as it is! :)

I also agree with the lack of motivation on this one. Why bother?

I am within roughly 350 horseshoes of getting rhe 5th personal prize, and the prizes I have won so far will take up permanent residence in my storage.

The community prizes? It looks like they will be more decorations to store. The horses have lost their charm, and I intend to store most of my herd when I collect my last personal prize. Gone are the days when I would keep trying to support the community prizes until the very last one was in our hands. I have done it before, but the quality of items has dropped so low since S8 took over from TL (around the time the unstorable and cartoonish Baron's tent was forced upon us), that I can't get excited about supporting the acquisition of more useless junk.

I hope that in the future S8 learns that non-animated decorations are not going to motivate the majority of players, and maybe they will return to the days of flapping flags (that flew with the prevailing winds, unlike the flags on the Baron's Tent that are animated, but flap in the wrong direction) and the attention to detail that made the earlier buildings and decorations classic works of art that everyone displayed proudly in their kingdoms. Ah, those were the good old days!

I would work tirelessly to obtain prizes if they were equivalent to the Pre-S8 quality, but this particular event bored me to tears within the first hour, and never redeemed itself. I say, let those who want to put these decorations in their kingdoms fill their kingdoms with the 900 horses, and let them work for the prizes. I am going to snooze as soon as I have this last prize safely in storage.

I am disappointed with the appearance of the racetrack, and the flags, like the flags on the Jousting Arena, are petrified like the brown horses were, and look as silly. I plan to pass on upgrading the track from Level 4 to Level 5 because, as someone pointed out earlier, the highest level of many structure is not the most attractive. I will collect the pieces, in case I decide to level up later, but for now I will keep it at level 4.

I will let this thing die a natural death in my kingdom, and hope that S8 learns a lesson from this about how to motivate the majority of Castle Story players. This isn't it. High quality artwork, interesting stories, to scale structures and decorations with animation, are what I see tha majority of us like about this game. They missed it on all accounts with this one. Others may feel differently, and they are welcome to keep trying for the community prizes to their heart's content. I stand with those who are sitting this one out.

I have high hopes for the next event. By then the new staff should have a handle on how to put on these events. May they learn from the mistakes in the previous ones.

orleansparish
08-25-15, 08:42 PM
I'm not a huge horse person so these prizes just seem boring to me. I need sparkle, pink and purple! OR some of the last three events prizes that I didn't win. I'm on par to win the last individual prize since I have over 60 horses and have been collecting from them nonstop. But this foolishness with upgrading the race track is annoying already. Collect ever three hours and I'm at level two.

I just wish I hadn't rushed to spend my hard earned gems on two ticket booths before I really got a good luck at the prizes. So because I used gems I'll finish that part as best a I can but will not worry about upgrading the track.

Good luck, everyone!

orleansparish
08-25-15, 08:43 PM

Finally, a way for me to use up some coins lol. Not gonna go as crazy as 900. Hopefully 101 would do since I can only play twice a day. I only have about 200 horseshoes at the moment...

This is awesome! And I thought my flock of horses were creepy and outrageous. I love it!

riverly
08-25-15, 09:59 PM
Run!!!
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/sarah50_2009/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/CF80B7DC-FF10-4153-84A8-5BA538324C82.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/sarah50_2009/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/CF80B7DC-FF10-4153-84A8-5BA538324C82.jpg.html)

riverly
08-25-15, 10:05 PM
Still don't think I'm doing this right

totalwasteoftime
08-25-15, 10:33 PM
I'm finding this to be a strange event... VERY few places to get horseshoes (leading to kingdoms full of horses and maxing out on horse hair then trying not to waste a resource so maxing out on rope since that's the only way to use the hair...) and THE ONLY place to get the materials needed to upgrade the track is the track itself. Assuming an equal drop of bars/banners (which there's not) I just calculated that it will take six collections a day for the remainder of the event to get to level five! Why couldn't these also be random drops from horses? Why couldn't we craft some horse hair pillows to decorate the track instead of just banners/bars every upgrade? Why couldn't we ask neighbors for some (and get from whoever responds... I'm still mad about having to CRAFT so many grooming mits when I know there were more than 25 neighbors who responded to my request for them in the Sir Daisy thing). Why??
Rant over.
Alarm set to collect from the track.

EBJW
08-25-15, 10:58 PM
I'm not a huge horse person so these prizes just seem boring to me. I need sparkle, pink and purple! OR some of the last three events prizes that I didn't win. I'm on par to win the last individual prize since I have over 60 horses and have been collecting from them nonstop. But this foolishness with upgrading the race track is annoying already. Collect ever three hours and I'm at level two.

I just wish I hadn't rushed to spend my hard earned gems on two ticket booths before I really got a good luck at the prizes. So because I used gems I'll finish that part as best a I can but will not worry about upgrading the track.

Good luck, everyone!

I won't be worrying about upgrading the racetrack either.

Like the vineyard it takes sooooo long to upgrade, especially with an off-rate (right now 13/63 ingots and 26/63 banners, it's no fun gathering items, it's annoying.

Especially because I will have 1500 horseshoes way before I've finished upgrading the track to level 5. Again, just like the vineyard...
And as the track will end up in my inventory anyway, why bother with the stress... It's ridiculous that me as an experienced player did delay leveling to 3 because of the timer, thinking I would not get all the supplies (ingots anyway because of the off-rate)) in time. Never had to do that before, and it's not appealing.

Also wondering what's going on with the counting number of the community prizes.
We've speculated how it works, it's becoming a mystery even more to me. That in mind it's no stimulan to keep on collecting after I've reached my horse shed. Like with the grapes...
And that's sad, cause I remember keep collecting and making in previous events, all for community! (so I thought...)(?).

And as I noticed in the previous event, and now even more, much more: not much event-comments on my wall, not to mention excited ones! It's no big deal anymore, just another quest, the number of neighbours who don't participate in events anymore because of all said before is growing...

PS as I assume the developers/management don't read these discussions, but hopefully do occassionally read suggestions/feedback I've opened a thread there as well...

anurulz
08-25-15, 11:39 PM
Personally I find this event kinda blah.. I refuse to overrun my already cramped queendom with horses..I caved and have arnd 30 horses out but thts it..am almost at 500 horseshoes with this and am ok if I dnt get the last individual prize coz it seems to be totally deco...plus the collecting from horses is super-duper boring!! Esp since am maxed out on horse hair and making rope requires wool which I dnt want to waste..the hair seriously needs to be put to better use..the community events are to be fun enugh for all to participate.. And frankly S8 is not doing a good enugh job at it..last event was much much better at least with the animal prizes..I joined the game after the oft-referred Halloween event but tht seems to have been actually fun..give us sumthn to DO instead of mind-numbing random collections for crying out loud..and I agree with all those who posted abt it just not being motivation enugh..

BuddyB111
08-26-15, 01:30 AM
I'm collecting horse shoes to help the community total, but I will not be wasting my time and resources on the horse ring. Like the vineyard building, the horse ring is way out of wack on scale. It looks ridiculous, especially if you place your horses anywhere near it. I know it's just a game, but I don't want stuff in my Kingdom that sticks out like a sore thumb and makes me feel irritated!

orleansparish
08-26-15, 01:59 AM
I won't be worrying about upgrading the racetrack either.

Like the vineyard it takes sooooo long to upgrade, especially with an off-rate (right now 13/63 ingots and 26/63 banners, it's no fun gathering items, it's annoying.

Especially because I will have 1500 horseshoes way before I've finished upgrading the track to level 5. Again, just like the vineyard...
And as the track will end up in my inventory anyway, why bother with the stress... It's ridiculous that me as an experienced player did delay leveling to 3 because of the timer, thinking I would not get all the supplies (ingots anyway because of the off-rate)) in time. Never had to do that before, and it's not appealing.

Also wondering what's going on with the counting number of the community prizes.
We've speculated how it works, it's becoming a mystery even more to me. That in mind it's no stimulan to keep on collecting after I've reached my horse shed. Like with the grapes...
And that's sad, cause I remember keep collecting and making in previous events, all for community! (so I thought...)(?).

And as I noticed in the previous event, and now even more, much more: not much event-comments on my wall, not to mention excited ones! It's no big deal anymore, just another quest, the number of neighbours who don't participate in events anymore because of all said before is growing...

PS as I assume the developers/management don't read these discussions, but hopefully do occassionally read suggestions/feedback I've opened a thread there as well...

I agree. The excitement isn't there for this event. I don't think it's because we are tired of them, but the prizes just seem bland.

I tried so hard for the vineyard event but came up short again. I find it funny that the first event I'll ever finish all the way, is one where I'll never keep the prizes out.

coolssp
08-26-15, 02:54 AM
I agree with the sentiments that last couple of events had very disappointing prizes. Why can't S8 bring back past events like love shack, dressed turkey and sheep... we should be able to craft things needed for upgrades like ignots and banners

dng1234
08-26-15, 04:25 AM
The third prize is three triple oxers. It's decorative and just another type of jumping apparatus.

jackalope99
08-26-15, 05:52 AM
I'm still mad about having to CRAFT so many grooming mits when I know there were more than 25 neighbors who responded to my request for them in the Sir Daisy thing). Why??
Rant over.
Alarm set to collect from the track.
Ugh, those mitts!! I'm only having to craft the 30 and even that's agonizing and tedious. Why so many, and why a whopping 25 fertilizer bags for each one? I'm pretty patient with long-term goals, I generally take things at a normal pace and seldom spend gems to speed things up, but this is a bit much.
Back to this current goal, I'm grateful to everyone who's zipped ahead and let us know what we're in for! I'm curious, is anyone out there genuinely excited by this goal and by the prizes?

riverly
08-26-15, 06:30 AM
I am enjoying this but not for the prizes. The horses are so stinking cute. They crack me up!! But alas they will eventually be stored.

BuddyB111
08-26-15, 06:45 AM
The third prize is three triple oxers. It's decorative and just another type of jumping apparatus.

Which can't be placed inside the ring! :rolleyes:

atiragram
08-26-15, 09:02 AM
No, the prizes are definitely not worth it. I might keep the upgraded arena though if the drops are interesting enough, I did keep the vineyard too. I do like the fact that the current event does not in include timed neighbour requests. In general I find the August upgrades ok (but I guess they are more interesting for me since I missed out the beginning and now have several goals on my book). However, I'm also wondering why the developpers ignore suggestions that are made over and over again.

Just to share my strategy in case anybody cares ;-):
I waited with the upgrade to lvl 2 until I had a surplus of 8 ingots. I collect 3-4 times a day and just managed the upgrade to level 3 in time.

BuddyB111
08-26-15, 10:48 AM
No, the prizes are definitely not worth it. I might keep the upgraded arena though if the drops are interesting enough, I did keep the vineyard too...

... Just to share my strategy in case anybody cares ;-):
I waited with the upgrade to lvl 2 until I had a surplus of 8 ingots. I collect 3-4 times a day and just managed the upgrade to level 3 in time.

I kept the vineyard too because the drops are handy. Thanks for sharing your strategy. Someone shared something similar for getting fertiliser for the grooming mitts and it's been working for me. It sounds like having a surplus of what ever we are collecting before converting them might be a good general tip i.e. Don't be in too much of a hurry if time permits the 'surplus' approach.

pcfroglad
08-26-15, 12:01 PM
I am cruising away - but not really trying ... only level 3 of the horse track and only 12 horses
It is kinda nice - but not exciting - know what i mean?
The prizes just go into storage ...

AnniePMH
08-26-15, 12:42 PM
Lol, the Victory Podium looks as big as the Horse Track!:p

meme1098
08-26-15, 01:12 PM

I know...it is a bit big ... Lol

AnniePMH
08-26-15, 01:28 PM
I know...it is a bit big ... Lol

A bit big? The horses can go for a swim in the winner's cup...:D

ShibuyaCloth
08-26-15, 01:48 PM
A bit big? The horses can go for a swim in the winner's cup...:D

:rolleyes: was that not the intention :confused:

AnniePMH
08-26-15, 01:53 PM
:rolleyes: was that not the intention :confused:

Ok, lol, you're right, maybe cultural differences...This could be normal for Californian horse shows:rolleyes:

carleeclub
08-26-15, 04:20 PM
I have collected 1000 horseshoes, but did not receive the prize.
I've checked in my inventory twice and it's not there.

QueenCarolyn
08-26-15, 05:25 PM
I somehow have two goals Hold Your Horses and Racing Wager, open at the same time. One is to upgrade to level 3 and one is to upgrade to level 5. I was trying to collect a lot of stuff before moving to the next goal. Oh, well.

gilachaya
08-26-15, 05:36 PM
The fully upgraded horse track dropped 2 sugars and 1 carrot for me in addition to the horseshoes.

meme1098
08-26-15, 05:40 PM
I somehow have two goals Hold Your Horses and Racing Wager, open at the same time. One is to upgrade to level 3 and one is to upgrade to level 5. I was trying to collect a lot of stuff before moving to the next goal. Oh, well.

Racing Wager is to upgrade to level 4, too. That's the goal I'm on. So you have goals for level 3, 4, & 5?? That's so wrong!! I'd email support about that since level 3 & 5 are both timed.

CottageRose
08-26-15, 07:44 PM
Personally I find this event kinda blah.. I refuse to overrun my already cramped queendom with horses..I caved and have arnd 30 horses out but thts it..am almost at 500 horseshoes with this and am ok if I dnt get the last individual prize coz it seems to be totally deco...plus the collecting from horses is super-duper boring!! Esp since am maxed out on horse hair and making rope requires wool which I dnt want to waste..the hair seriously needs to be put to better use..the community events are to be fun enugh for all to participate.. And frankly S8 is not doing a good enugh job at it..last event was much much better at least with the animal prizes..I joined the game after the oft-referred Halloween event but tht seems to have been actually fun..give us sumthn to DO instead of mind-numbing random collections for crying out loud..and I agree with all those who posted abt it just not being motivation enugh..
Just FYI, after you upgrade the last individual prize, the horse stalls into a horse shed, it does drop horse hair and looks really cute. It may drop other things (now or later). I just haven't been paying close attention. AFAIK, this is the only individual prize that can be upgraded to drop things.

AnniePMH
08-26-15, 10:38 PM

Just FYI, after you upgrade the last individual prize, the horse stalls into a horse shed, it does drop horse hair and looks really cute. It may drop other things (now or later). I just haven't been paying close attention. AFAIK, this is the only individual prize that can be upgraded to drop things.

The last indi prize, the Horse Shed, also drops wool:)

AnniePMH
08-26-15, 10:42 PM

Do you have your inventory set on 'All'? Try force closing or restarting unit:)

carleeclub
08-27-15, 08:41 AM
Yes. I have done both of these things.

carleeclub
08-27-15, 08:42 AM

Just did both things again today, and there it is!
Thanks!

vontalken
08-27-15, 09:34 AM
Hello :)
Normally I don't really comment on the little things, but I just can't help it this time.

The Horse Shoe Jump.. Is there anyway that can be remade to a 1X1? The graphic look like it should have been a 1x1 instead of a 2x2 (very grainy). it is a jump and looks odd when combined with the other jumps which are 1x1. (Chevron and Triple Oxer)

I know it's petty and small but it really just seems .. forced and out of place.

Aside from that I am enjoying the event. I think it is blending well with the Daisy quest in the collection of Manure from the horses to trade. I think the daily quests for banners, Ingots, or horse shoes and track drops are well balanced. I am looking forward to the final prize and plan to continue collecting to help get the community goals.

kooky panda
08-27-15, 10:16 AM

Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

Hello :)
Normally I don't really comment on the little things, but I just can't help it this time.

The Horse Shoe Jump.. Is there anyway that can be remade to a 1X1? The graphic look like it should have been a 1x1 instead of a 2x2 (very grainy). it is a jump and looks odd when combined with the other jumps which are 1x1. (Chevron and Triple Oxer)

I know it's petty and small but it really just seems .. forced and out of place.

Aside from that I am enjoying the event. I think it is blending well with the Daisy quest in the collection of Manure from the horses to trade. I think the daily quests for banners, Ingots, or horse shoes and track drops are well balanced. I am looking forward to the final prize and plan to continue collecting to help get the community goals.
I will pass this on.

Rickmz
08-27-15, 12:34 PM
rope limit increased to 110. Might I suggest that until we have a way to get rid of it, you don't max on it again

How are folks that DON'T read this forum supposed to complete this quest?

atiragram
08-27-15, 01:05 PM
Not at all. At the first timed quests I took part, I never reached the end and wondered why my unfinished buildings don't drop anything. Then I started to grasp the principles and also started to read the forum. I realized that it may help a lot to find the way through to the end - or if you're behind, to decide at which point the gems are well invested to get through.

I also start liking the event. I stored some horses and re-arranged the others. Now they just make their show on an area of my kingdom, be the horse track just a model, my "outdoor horse show" (or "out of track horse show"?) looks fun now :).

ShibuyaCloth
08-27-15, 01:11 PM
Out of curiosity I did the little challenge (hey Nat!!!)

http://portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-UnofficialGoals-RG-34.png

910 horses on the map :)

To be visible in my Kingdom until tomorrow!

plby
08-27-15, 01:17 PM

Maybe because they didn't choose to craft ropes until they maxed out, just because they could. Or maybe they're waiting till they get the horseshoe or ingots trade that take rope so they can craft more, or just skipped with gems? Really, s8 have already upped the limit to 110 after people maxed out unnecessarily. What else do the complainers expect them to do? We got ourselves in this situation, there's really is no reason to whine. And yes, all the complaining over this is annoying:)

robotparade
08-27-15, 01:17 PM

It looks totally silly to me. It's going into storage, where it will stay. I can't find anywhere in my kingdom where it wouldn't look ridiculous.

Rickmz
08-27-15, 03:08 PM
Maybe because they didn't choose to craft ropes until they maxed out, just because they could. Or maybe they're waiting till they get the horseshoe or ingots trade that take rope so they can craft more, or just skipped with gems? Really, s8 have already upped the limit to 110 after people maxed out unnecessarily. What else do the complainers expect them to do? We got ourselves in this situation, there's really is no reason to whine. And yes, all the complaining over this is annoying:)

My point is that those folks may not realize there will never (in this quest) be a need for rope (other than minor amounts) so they craft-on only to get "caught" with too many to continue (through no fault of their own). No quest/goal should have a "trap" you can't bypass (other than with gems).

dragon2046
08-27-15, 03:48 PM
Out of curiosity I did the little challenge (hey Nat!!!)

http://portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-UnofficialGoals-RG-34.png

To be visible in my Kingdom until tomorrow!
Wow! You love a challenge don't u? Lol. Awesome ! :)

SpiritWind00
08-27-15, 04:48 PM

it's an interesting conundrum... however, I see it this way. The majority of my own neighbours are not forum goers (only 2 are regular forum posters and a couple more who only come and read and never post), so I am an avenue for information, tips, tricks and help. They know this and that works for them. You could do something similar if you like. If you tell your neighbours (through whatever search engine if your preference) to look for "Castle Story Hub", it will be the first (or at least first page!) entry. The forum is an invaluable resource, but you can successfully play the game and work it out yourself. I didn't come here for ages after I started playing.

Back on topic - I quite like the prizes and will display them proudly for the time being. I finished the last individual prize yesterday, had a rearrange and left out a few horses. I had just over 140 on the board.

Shibuya, I do not envy you putting your herd away. It was TEDIOUS storing 130! Loved the pic too... It's going in my 'posts of fame' area (last page in the Hub). :)

OnlyOneRamoth
08-27-15, 05:13 PM
Can someone please tell me what the x means where it should say how many banners and ingots we get per collect at level four? This is pretty critical imformation.

OnlyOneRamoth
08-27-15, 05:14 PM
Even better lol just let me know how many total we collect at level four....someone....anyone? Ty!

robotparade
08-27-15, 06:02 PM
Even better lol just let me know how many total we collect at level four....someone....anyone? Ty!

My track is level four and I think I've gotten 3 or 4 of each at every drop. Since the requirement to get to level five is 90 banners and ingots, and I only have 5 days to collect, I'll never make it without buying gems. :(

Rickmz
08-27-15, 06:06 PM
I'll never make it without buying gems. :(

Just like they intended...........

tuffyjkitten
08-27-15, 08:20 PM
Just like they intended...........

Then be smarter than them. I'm not upgrading to level 4 until I have more than enough extra banners and ingots to get to 90 of each within the required 5 days, which actually isnt even required unless you want the prize. And yes it is possible...I did it with the vineyard in the last event. There is no need to ever spend gems on these things if you plan ahead.

SpiritWind00
08-27-15, 08:25 PM
Can someone please tell me what the x means where it should say how many banners and ingots we get per collect at level four? This is pretty critical imformation.

No one has posted... (Or I've missed seeing the post!) My track is only level 3. If a level 3 drops 5 banners/ingots, it must be at least one more, but I don't know. As soon as I see confirmation I'll update it. :)

EBJW
08-27-15, 10:58 PM
Sorry, if it has been said before, can't find it 123 in al these 339 messages:
is it true the horse shed can only be leveled up to level 2?

SpiritWind00
08-27-15, 11:07 PM
Sorry, if it has been said before, can't find it 123 in al these 339 messages:
is it true the horse shed can only be leveled up to level 2?

Yes that's correct! Mine has only dropped coin, XP, horse hair so far.

EBJW
08-27-15, 11:32 PM

Okay, thanx!

By the way, I do like the horse shed, glad with it, and I like the quintain, but all the other stuff..... :rolleyes:

And the absolute worst besides not being able to participate at all (as I said several times before, sorry) is upgrading the track...
Right now still level 3 with 44/63 steel ingots and 52/63 banners. Like the vineyard I find it very very very weird I've reached the last individual prize way before the end while the main building is a ruin still!
And wonder if I'll finish it in time without having to use gems. I stopped upgrading the vineyard at level 3, but now I'm curious and will continue (trying to) upgrading the track.....

:p

Wonkaland99
08-28-15, 02:23 AM
Is there a reason why the horses can only be placed facing SE or SW? I actually like the look of the jumps, especially the chevron, but they naturally face North, so either the horse jumps from behind or you can only see the back of the jump.
Any ideas on a layout that would look sensible?

EBJW
08-28-15, 04:40 AM

I think I got wool?!

Weird, come to think of it, will pay extra attention from now on!

SpiritWind00
08-28-15, 05:40 AM
I think I got wool?!

I did last collection too, so you're not seeing things. Now me on the other hand... In my inventory next to the wool was a shield token and I don't know where it could have come from! I wonder if it's a source or am I seeing things now! Glasses on and pay attention to the drops please friends! Lol

robotparade
08-28-15, 06:15 AM
Then be smarter than them. I'm not upgrading to level 4 until I have more than enough extra banners and ingots to get to 90 of each within the required 5 days, which actually isnt even required unless you want the prize. And yes it is possible...I did it with the vineyard in the last event. There is no need to ever spend gems on these things if you plan ahead.

Great idea. Except that I didn't know to do that. Like an idiot, when I saw a new quest in my book, I clicked on it, wanting to continue the game. What a fool I was. I was playing for fun, not to outwit the game designers.

29vanilla
08-28-15, 06:56 AM
I have 2 accts. one has 38 banners and 44 ingots right now. From a quick calculation; if I'm able to collect from the track 6 times a day I would be able to reach level 5. Anyone else do some calculations? How many times are most people able to collect? I really don't want to set my alarm for this. That would be ridiculous for a game. Lol

newzealander
08-28-15, 09:05 AM
Can someone please tell me if I'm thinking this correctly? If I'm not concerned about getting the 25 horseshoe prize (as I have completed the individual horseshoe prizes), it doesn't matter if I don't do Goal 7 and do the Level 5 upgrade within 5 days? I'm on Level 4, but ready to upgrade. I was going to gather a few extra collections before upgrading, but would prefer to upgrade now for the better collections.

EBJW
08-28-15, 09:09 AM
I did last collection too, so you're not seeing things. Now me on the other hand... In my inventory next to the wool was a shield token and I don't know where it could have come from! I wonder if it's a source or am I seeing things now! Glasses on and pay attention to the drops please friends! Lol

Really, I got wool again! From a horseshed :rolleyes:

EBJW
08-28-15, 09:12 AM
I have 2 accts. one has 38 banners and 44 ingots right now. From a quick calculation; if I'm able to collect from the track 6 times a day I would be able to reach level 5. Anyone else do some calculations? How many times are most people able to collect? I really don't want to set my alarm for this. That would be ridiculous for a game. Lol

Me still on level 3;
I don't even dare to count because of the rate ingots-banners...

Luckily I won't keep the building anyway, but I think it's a shame it takes sooooooo long to gather (that much) ingots and banner. Especially since I'm well over 1500 horseshoes, it feels SO weird.
I w a n t t o m a k e i n g o t s , b a n n e r s , or whatever....

DrP4ever
08-28-15, 10:11 AM
At level 3 with 30 banners and ingots. Silly that you can't make them. Or get them from another source such as a quest. Boring...zzzzzz

MiniLaura
08-28-15, 12:43 PM
Can someone please tell me if I'm thinking this correctly? If I'm not concerned about getting the 25 horseshoe prize (as I have completed the individual horseshoe prizes), it doesn't matter if I don't do Goal 7 and do the Level 5 upgrade within 5 days? I'm on Level 4, but ready to upgrade. I was going to gather a few extra collections before upgrading, but would prefer to upgrade now for the better collections.

Yes that's right. Just ignore that goal. That's what I'm doing.

Just be careful when the goal expires--it will give you the option to complete the goal with gems. (I've stopped clicking on expired goals in the goal book so I won't accidentally complete a goal that I don't care about. The expired goal disappear eventually.)

newzealander
08-28-15, 01:17 PM
Yes that's right. Just ignore that goal. That's what I'm doing.

Just be careful when the goal expires--it will give you the option to complete the goal with gems. (I've stopped clicking on expired goals in the goal book so I won't accidentally complete a goal that I don't care about. The expired goal disappear eventually.)
Thanks Laura! Yes, those gem traps are everywhere.

tuffyjkitten
08-28-15, 02:09 PM
Great idea. Except that I didn't know to do that. Like an idiot, when I saw a new quest in my book, I clicked on it, wanting to continue the game. What a fool I was. I was playing for fun, not to outwit the game designers.

I hear you there! In the vineyard event I had that happen because I didn't realize you would get 2 goals at the same time, one timed and one not timed. That's the sneaky way they get you on that. I have found I'm getting about 11 each of the banners and ingots per day so there's probably no way I can get 90 in 5 days even with the upgrade to level 4, hence my plan to save some up before activating that goal. I think I will need those horseshoes that are the prize....

jdygmgi
08-28-15, 02:16 PM
Luckily I won't keep the building anyway....

XDDDDDDD

May you put the Horse Track into the Inventory as I did many days ago, then you realize than its thumbnail is the same of the Trade Wagon LOL. Maybe S8 design team is on holidays since then...

And the flags of the Horse Track blowed in the wrong direction. It makes sense ;-p

Seriously700
08-28-15, 06:40 PM

The horse track drops 6 total banners/ingots at level 4.

On 1 account, I got 3 of each. On my 2nd account, I got 4 ingots and 2 banners.

ShibuyaCloth
08-28-15, 10:31 PM
And the flags of the Horse Track blowed in the wrong direction. It makes sense ;-p

Normal, 910 aligned horses farting the right way :p

The baron's tent also has it wrong, well as ususal for the baron!

Now I stored them, my phone had a hard time keeping up! Sir Daisy is now in charge. :)

BuddyB111
08-29-15, 01:00 AM
Normal, 910 aligned horses farting the right way :p

The baron's tent also has it wrong, well as ususal for the baron!

Now I stored them, my phone had a hard time keeping up! Sir Daisy is now in charge. :)

Just heard on the TV that planes had to be diverted to avoid a poisonous gas cloud above your Kingdom! Air investigators are baffled at the cause! :p

ShibuyaCloth
08-29-15, 04:50 AM
Just heard on the TV that planes had to be diverted to avoid a poisonous gas cloud above your Kingdom! Air investigators are baffled at the cause! :p

*stow away herd; the multidimentional stoarge celler is cramped*
Well the air is fresh, crispy abd glittering again. Sir D enjoys a stroll with Ms Daisy now. I might get issues with Greenpeace as my map looks, deforested and empty :eek:

Well now I just have to get level 5 with the arena. 10 days, 5 harvest a day, that should be enough to max the banner and ingots.

robotparade
08-29-15, 01:25 PM
I just collected from my leveled up horse stable, and got 1 xp and wool. WTH? Why is a HORSE stable giving me wool instead of HORSEshoes or HORSEhair??? I can't believe I was excited to finally get that thing.

I hear you there! In the vineyard event I had that happen because I didn't realize you would get 2 goals at the same time, one timed and one not timed. That's the sneaky way they get you on that.

Glad to know I'm not the only one to fall for that. I'll know better next time.

BuddyB111
08-29-15, 01:48 PM
*stow away herd; the multidimentional stoarge celler is cramped*
Well the air is fresh, crispy abd glittering again. Sir D enjoys a stroll with Ms Daisy now. I might get issues with Greenpeace as my map looks, deforested and empty :eek:

Well now I just have to get level 5 with the arena. 10 days, 5 harvest a day, that should be enough to max the banner and ingots.

Those darn satellites get you every time! :p

I just collected from my leveled up horse stable, and got 1 xp and wool. WTH? Why is a HORSE stable giving me wool instead of HORSEshoes or HORSEhair??? I can't believe I was excited to finally get that thing.

Glad to know I'm not the only one to fall for that. I'll know better next time.

BIB I don't think I will ever remember to watch out for it happening - unless I read it on here first. It's so sneaky.

robotparade
08-29-15, 11:27 PM
Does anyone know what the 2nd and 3rd Community Prizes are?

ShibuyaCloth
08-30-15, 01:20 AM
Those darn satellites get you every time! :p

They can come, but at least I will have the WWF on my side. Pure air, large space, good food, the horses are happy in my forest. Now I can have equestrian races 25 bigger as the puny small track I am building. I am missing hay stack deco! Never got the one from the timed events ramdom drop!

coolssp
08-30-15, 04:08 AM
I think I got wool?!

Hey I thought you got the horse shed after you complete the horse track... I'm on level 4, did I miss something? I did a quick check at market and couldn't find it to buy... Any clarification will be appreciated

Just checked- shed is the last individual prize... So I'm good

ShibuyaCloth
08-30-15, 04:12 AM
Hey I thought you got the horse shed after you complete the horse track... I'm on level 4, did I miss something? I did a quick check at market and couldn't find it to buy... Any clarification will be appreciated

Last personal price of the event. Check your horseshoes tracker!

nessa005
08-30-15, 06:38 AM
I just lost 32 gems because I wasn't watching too carefully when I tapped my horses! I did Not need to speed
1 up.

Sweepster
08-30-15, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone! I am having problems with the Daily trade:Steel ingots. Second time it's happened where I can only give 2 of the bottom item (today it is sugar). I am annoyed at losing my stock and Storm 8 just referred me here. I wouldn't mind but I am fed up of spending on this game & getting no help :mad:. I have cleared all my cookies and website data from my iPad, restarted the iPad and done just about everything else I can thing of - any suggestions please?

katbtodd
08-30-15, 09:13 AM
Level 5 horse track drops my first collection I just got light armor ,sugar and carrots and of corse horse shoes

ShibuyaCloth
08-30-15, 09:43 AM
Hi everyone! I am having problems with the Daily trade:Steel ingots. Second time it's happened where I can only give 2 of the bottom item (today it is sugar). I am annoyed at losing my stock and Storm 8 just referred me here. I wouldn't mind but I am fed up of spending on this game & getting no help :mad:. I have cleared all my cookies and website data from my iPad, restarted the iPad and done just about everything else I can thing of - any suggestions please?

Before giving items you must be sure you have enough for all items. If not, you must evaluate if you can produce within 24 hours. If you cannot, then skip the daily trade.

Sweepster
08-30-15, 10:34 AM
Before giving items you must be sure you have enough for all items. If not, you must evaluate if you can produce within 24 hours. If you cannot, then skip the daily trade.

I gave the carrots & then grew the sugar because I had none in my inventory. I harvested about 30 but when I clicked to give sugar, the total given only changes from 0 - 2 :(

post edited to remove what it is not appropriate. Thanks. SW. Suggestion in next post to address your issue.

camber16
08-30-15, 11:01 AM

I got bacon from mine earlier!

SpiritWind00
08-30-15, 01:49 PM
Perhaps because you said you grew sugarcane you are confusing the 2 items of sugar vs sugarcane? The goal is for the product, not the crop.

Sweepster
08-30-15, 02:26 PM
Perhaps because you said you grew sugarcane you are confusing the 2 items of sugar vs sugarcane? The goal is for the product, not the crop.

Thank you, might have been this time but last time it wouldn't take the carrots that I had. It's very odd!

ewoks1
08-30-15, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know what the 2nd and 3rd Community Prizes are?

I'm wondering too, what are the 2nd and 3rd prizes?

BriarAvenue
08-30-15, 05:13 PM
SW, time limit for On The Track for Success should be 5 days, not 3!
Scared the hell out of me to collect 90 banners n ingots in 3 days.
5 days is more like it.

SpiritWind00
08-30-15, 07:45 PM
SW, time limit for On The Track for Success should be 5 days, not 3!
Scared the hell out of me to collect 90 banners n ingots in 3 days.
5 days is more like it.

now you're scaring me! :) I changed that many days ago... just checked post 2 and it does say 5 days. Have I written it elsewhere? let me know if you see it wrong somewhere so I can amend it. I don't want to give anyone a heart attack! Mind you, 90 in 5 days also seems like a daunting task to me. I've still got a few more banners to go to upgrade to L4. For a reward of 25 horseshoes I'm not interested in the timed goal anyway (given I've finished all indiv prizes). cheers!

tuffyjkitten
08-30-15, 09:22 PM
I finished all the untimed goals and have so far successfully ignored the 5 day timed one in my goal book. Not starting it until I know I can complete it in the time limit. :)

The last 3 equestrian gifts dropped lumin essence, an enchanted block, and a banner. I was hoping for more banners....

mreames
08-31-15, 12:19 AM
Exactly, I was going to say.... Just like in the vineyard quest, if you don't click on the goals that are timed but still show as new in the book, the timer will not start as long as you don't open the dialog. It worked for the level 3 upgrade and is working so far for level 5.

I finished all the untimed goals and have so far successfully ignored the 5 day timed one in my goal book. Not starting it until I know I can complete it in the time limit. :)

The last 3 equestrian gifts dropped lumin essence, an enchanted block, and a banner. I was hoping for more banners....

jaymieb2
08-31-15, 07:12 AM
As I sit here with just over seven days left in the challenge, and right at 500 horse shoes, I must now decide if it is worth it to me to change my entire way of playing the game in order to get the final individual prize.

I have always taken personal satisfaction in completing the challenge without gemming through (although I truly appreciate those that do), and without having a ton of duplicate items (I have two conservatories, two farm houses, four horses, one kitchen, magic forge, you get the point).

I have always made some minor modifications to my game play, but been able to continue with the story line - and make major progress - even when an event was in progress. And, until this point, I have been playing like that. Started playing around Thanksgiving, am now at level 43, and have successfully completed the events that I qualified for.

I always thought my style of game play was the target audience, because I nearly always has to keep working until the end, but I always received all of the prizes - without resorting to extreme purchases. And I took a little pride in that.

I have no doubt that I could continue this way, and be able to upgrade my horse track to level five in the next seven days, and if I pushed hard, I might be able to make the five day challenge, but I will definitely not be able to receive the final individual prize if I continue playing this way.

I have the funds to purchase a ton of horses, but do I want to go down that path?

Anyway, a big thank you to the mods for their hard work, and the speedster for sharing pictures and info... and everybody that answers questions on the forum! :-) And I especially love all of the almost off topic humor that makes for such great reading!

JaymieB2 :-)

meme1098
08-31-15, 08:10 AM

Exactly, I was going to say.... Just like in the vineyard quest, if you don't click on the goals that are timed but still show as new in the book, the timer will not start as long as you don't open the dialog. It worked for the level 3 upgrade and is working so far for level 5.

Since I've received all the individual prizes from horse shoe collecting, the reward of 25 shoes for the Level 5 goal doesn't really matter to me. Just depends where one is in the event to be sure. :D

transberry
08-31-15, 09:25 AM
Buy extra horses it's the fastest way to make sure you get all ind prizes, without them near impossible to make it

anissada
08-31-15, 09:53 AM
sorry, 381 posts is too much to read.. so maybe it's been asked before.

i have 110 ropes in inventory, but i have to craft 3 for step 6.. how can i ?

Ash1780
08-31-15, 10:11 AM
For some reason on this step you have to MAKE the ropes no matter how many you already have in stock/inventory

Luck & Horseshoes to ya
Ash

mreames
08-31-15, 10:58 AM
Yeah I finished the individual prizes long ago, too. That's why I really hadn't said much. The main point is... I wouldn't hold off on upgrading, just avoid starting the dialog in the book.... For those that are wondering.

Since I've received all the individual prizes from horse shoe collecting, the reward of 25 shoes for the Level 5 goal doesn't really matter to me. Just depends where one is in the event to be sure. :D

meme1098
08-31-15, 11:09 AM
Just got the 2nd community prize...another decoration. Really??? These events are becoming non events!

anissada
08-31-15, 11:14 AM
For some reason on this step you have to MAKE the ropes no matter how many you already have in stock/inventory

Luck & Horseshoes to ya
Ash

yes. i know i have to MAKE them.. that was not my question

i am maxed out 110/110 so how the );&/) CAN i make three more ?

stargaze91
08-31-15, 11:25 AM
There is a daily trade for horseshoes which requires rope ( if u r an iOS player)

anissada
08-31-15, 01:46 PM
There is a daily trade for horseshoes which requires rope ( if u r an iOS player)

yeah.. forgot about that one.. mine today is carrots and sugar...
maybe tomorrow the rope one...
thanks!

robotparade
08-31-15, 02:21 PM
Just got the 2nd community prize...another decoration. Really??? These events are becoming non events!

Yeah, it would be nice if the Rose Garland would at least drop red petals occasionally.

Is that 3rd prize just deco too?

SpiritWind00
08-31-15, 02:26 PM
sorry, 381 posts is too much to read.. so maybe it's been asked before.

i have 110 ropes in inventory, but i have to craft 3 for step 6.. how can i ?

If you want 3 to be removed send a PM to meowmeowbeans. Thanks.

Ash1780
08-31-15, 06:48 PM
That was nowhere in your original question (being maxed out)
Just saying don't shoot the messenger - especially when it's just someone trying to help you

xuliestelle
09-01-15, 12:21 AM
Anyone notice that new community prize is not only a deco only but ... Name of baron.

anissada
09-01-15, 01:10 AM
That was nowhere in your original question (being maxed out)
Just saying don't shoot the messenger - especially when it's just someone trying to help you

i wasn't shooting ;)
but i mentioned i had 110 and asked how i could craft 3 more...
didn't think it was necessary to also say 110 was maxed out.. sorry

anissada
09-01-15, 02:31 AM
If you want 3 to be removed send a PM to meowmeowbeans. Thanks.

thanks, action taken.. i'll wait and see

Ash1780
09-01-15, 12:11 PM
Forgiven - you know how wonky the inventory sizes are:D
I hope you plan to use all those ropes for good and not evil;)

i wasn't shooting ;)

matrixkitten
09-01-15, 02:22 PM
Well, I finished upgrading my Horse Track. Still about 300 shoes away from final individual prize, though. Hopefully level 5 track will help me finish with that soon! I didn't use any gems for this event, so overall I think it was well balanced.

ghjvcucjb
09-01-15, 02:25 PM

i wasn't shooting ;)

I hear you. A couple of weeks ago I asked the same type of question, maxed out on an item so any advice on what was the best way to go about fixing it and was told/given the choice to "chill out". I didn't bother replying. I see you have a solution. Hope it works and good luck to you.

I was just given the goal to upgrade the Equestrian center to level 5 but only have 5 days. It took me 6 days to upgrade from a level 3 to level 4. Even with the daily equestrian trades and playing regularly all day, unless the drops get better in my game I don't think I'll finish. I'm not posting this as a complaint so please don't tell me to chill out or it's my choice blah blah blah. I'm just giving feedback for S8 in hopes it'll help for future goals.

zyfazix
09-01-15, 02:30 PM
Just reached level 17 but overall looking the rewards it doesn't seem to be worth it to play...
Or is there something I missed which is worth getting?

riverly
09-01-15, 04:20 PM
The last community prize looks like a fire pit.

craftfan
09-01-15, 05:16 PM
Where can I see a level five race track so that I can decide whether it is worth speeding up my level four track? I've checked a lot of my neighbours and cannot find one on level five.

nessa005
09-01-15, 06:46 PM
Invited you, I took it out of hiding so you can see it.

sail147
09-01-15, 08:01 PM
I have upgraded my horse track to level 5 and have not gotten the prompt to do the final step in this quest even though I have force closer, turned off my this device and played on my other device. Any other ideas?

myndisue
09-01-15, 08:15 PM
Well, I finished upgrading my Horse Track. Still about 300 shoes away from final individual prize, though. Hopefully level 5 track will help me finish with that soon! I didn't use any gems for this event, so overall I think it was well balanced.

I've managed to get all the personal prizes but am still working on getting to level 5... in all 4 kingdoms! Hopefully I'll finish this time. Didn't make it with the vineyard.

stanglady1
09-01-15, 10:21 PM
my horse track ist on Level 5 sincs 24 hrs and gave me already 2 Light Armours. I like that :D

anissada
09-02-15, 01:53 AM
I hear you. A couple of weeks ago I asked the same type of question, maxed out on an item so any advice on what was the best way to go about fixing it and was told/given the choice to "chill out". I didn't bother replying. I see you have a solution. Hope it works and good luck to you.

I was just given the goal to upgrade the Equestrian center to level 5 but only have 5 days. It took me 6 days to upgrade from a level 3 to level 4. Even with the daily equestrian trades and playing regularly all day, unless the drops get better in my game I don't think I'll finish. I'm not posting this as a complaint so please don't tell me to chill out or it's my choice blah blah blah. I'm just giving feedback for S8 in hopes it'll help for future goals.

well... i still don't have a solution, asked meoemeowbeans over 24 hours ago to remove 3 ropes from my inventory, but i'm maxed out, so maybe he/she didn't read my pm or didn't have the time to help me out.. i don't know but keep hoping for at least 1 rope to be removed..

about the other thing, i never upgrade asap if there are so many items needed and it's timed.. better to save for a little while longer so you can rush through leveling up ;)

SpiritWind00
09-02-15, 02:10 AM
well... i still don't have a solution, asked meoemeowbeans over 24 hours ago to remove 3 ropes from my inventory, but i'm maxed out, so maybe he/she didn't read my pm or didn't have the time to help me out.. i don't know but keep hoping for at least 1 rope to be removed..

about the other thing, i never upgrade asap if there are so many items needed and it's timed.. better to save for a little while longer so you can rush through leveling up ;)
I'll check on this for you with S8...

craftfan
09-02-15, 04:45 AM
Invited you, I took it out of hiding so you can see it.

Thank you for that. Don't think I'll bother speeding up. If I get it, so be it.

stargaze91
09-02-15, 05:16 AM
After upgrading the track to level 5 ,do we still get the daily trades for banners and ingots?:confused:

angeluk72
09-02-15, 07:23 AM
I have upgraded my horse track to level 5 and have not gotten the prompt to do the final step in this quest even though I have force closer, turned off my this device and played on my other device. Any other ideas?

I have just done the same, upgrade to level 5 and it also didn't give me step 8.....

stargaze91
09-02-15, 07:35 AM
I have just done the same, upgrade to level 5 and it also didn't give me step 8.....

I think completing step 6 triggers step 8, I have not yet upgraded my track to lvl5 but already completed step 8

MsMelanieMonster
09-02-15, 07:43 AM

Same here for me as well. I waited about 2 or 3 collections at level 4 for a head start before starting the timed goal of upgrading to level 5. I also haven't been sleeping much lately, but I did manage to make it in time with about 12 hours to go.

Still waiting on the next step though!

jdygmgi
09-02-15, 08:06 AM
May you put the Horse Track into the Inventory as I did many days ago, then you realize than its thumbnail is the same of the Trade Wagon LOL.

So no one else noticed this or maybe it doesn't mind at all?

angeluk72
09-02-15, 08:23 AM
Same here for me as well. I waited about 2 or 3 collections at level 4 for a head start before starting the timed goal of upgrading to level 5. I also haven't been sleeping much lately, but I did manage to make it in time with about 12 hours to go.

Still waiting on the next step though!

Sleep? What's that? We seem to miss a lot if we want to complete these quests and collect all the prizes/goals... I didn't trigger my five day countdown until I had enough to reach level 5 easily....

angeluk72
09-02-15, 08:24 AM
I also noticed that the thumbnail was identical when I first purchased it at the very beginning....

meme1098
09-02-15, 10:35 AM

The first goal to place the track used the trade wagon picture. Lazy coding.

PikaSquirrel
09-02-15, 11:04 AM

Please uninstall and reinstall the game to fix this issue. If you still see the incorrect image for the Horse Track, please let us know, thank you.

MsMelanieMonster
09-02-15, 12:55 PM
Sleep? What's that? We seem to miss a lot if we want to complete these quests and collect all the prizes/goals... I didn't trigger my five day countdown until I had enough to reach level 5 easily....

I do like the horseshoe community event -- I don't feel tied to the game to complete the goals! I refuse to work hard for decorations so it hasn't been a main concern but it's doable while still having a life. Sort of (I do play CS after all).

Collected from my horse track and !!!!!! another fertilizer source! I'm so excited! After getting through those mitts and getting to the Royal Maze and Blythewood Sapling parts of the storyline... I still am definitely hurting for the stuff. I think something else dropped with it but I was too excited over the $h*! to see what it was. Happy playing all!

anissada
09-02-15, 01:11 PM
I'll check on this for you with S8...

just got the daily trade to give three ropes.. somy "problem" is solved
thnaks for the effort

nessa005
09-02-15, 01:17 PM
Thank you for that. Don't think I'll bother speeding up. If I get it, so be it.

Not worth it as far as I'm concerned. It only gives me stuff I'm maxed on. Totally bored with all of the horseshoes. I want to craft them!

SpiritWind00
09-02-15, 03:00 PM
thnaks for the effort

Ok, that's good news. Email Support and send your ticket number by PM to Pika if you still require assistance. Thanks.

stargaze91
09-02-15, 07:07 PM
thnaks for the effort

Happy that you got the trade eventually :)

EBJW
09-02-15, 09:13 PM
I didn't get a new daily (IOS)trade...
?

- - - -

Update: never mind, just came in, but much later then expected.

Sandybellee
09-03-15, 04:17 AM
I got the last individual prize today and could store away a lot of horses. Now just trying to upgrade the horse track to level 5 and the horse shed to level 2 before the event is over. Good luck, everyone!

coolssp
09-03-15, 09:51 AM
Hey what does the shed drop?

riverly
09-03-15, 09:54 AM
She'd drops wool, no gold from my mines, crafting buildings sitting idle. I think my town's economy is going downhill.

ait_vedan
09-03-15, 12:02 PM
I finished goal 7 this afternoon (1 hour before I ran out of time), but goal 8 never showed up 😱

sail147
09-03-15, 12:04 PM
Check out your kingdoms, New storyline

ait_vedan
09-03-15, 01:44 PM
Sail147: I don't see anything new and still no goal 8

meme1098
09-03-15, 01:53 PM
Sail147: I don't see anything new and still no goal 8

Just check out the new thread for today. It gives requirements

ait_vedan
09-03-15, 01:59 PM
I'm afraid I have another problem:
- no goal 8 for the horsetrack quest
- no new story line
- the counter for the daily market thing is stuck on 20 hours for some time already
- I tried force close and start again (2 times)

Can anybody give advice what to do?

adamantqueen
09-03-15, 04:08 PM
I didn't even KNOW there was a goal 8 until I checked the forum. How can we trigger it?

SpiritWind00
09-03-15, 04:42 PM
This is what happened to me...

After the dialogue appeared about the horse race which Sir Piggie won, you give the items in goal 8 and that was the end. there was a pic of Sir Piggie in the dialogue looking very happy.

For those that say they didn't get goal 8, did the above happen for you?

29vanilla
09-03-15, 09:27 PM
If goal 8 reward is only horseshoes and the story line ends; not sure I want to give up those resources. I read first page and it looks like we don't need to complete goal 8. Is that right?

ait_vedan
09-03-15, 10:23 PM

After the dialogue appeared about the horse race which Sir Piggie won, you give the items in goal 8 and that was the end. there was a pic of Sir Piggie in the dialogue looking very happy.

Hi SpiritWind,
No, I never got a message about Sir Piggie. I completed goal 7 and there was a silence. And there still is. I need the 50 horseshoes, so that's why I would really like to be able to do this goal.
Ooh, wait, ..... that was at the same time goal 7 came up? Not after goal 7? Yes, then I had it. So I'm done? What I really miss in this game is a notification like *well done you completed the whole quest*

Helen

SpiritWind00
09-03-15, 10:28 PM
ok, i will flag this issue. thanks for letting me know.

anurulz
09-04-15, 12:17 AM
I got my horse shed finally..as far as the goals are concerned, I had not clicked on the timed goal for a couple days but got the goal for the final race immediately on completion of the previous goals..sir piggy won the race and I fed Him carrots..tht ws the end for me..timed goal still on for couple more days..

brendaisme
09-04-15, 04:56 AM
ok, i will flag this issue. thanks for letting me know.

Since you're flagging issues... I upgraded my horse track to level 5 with about 10 hours to spar in the quest. Got the pretty tree and even collected from it a few times. It suddenly reversed tp level 4. Because it was past the goal deadline, I had to "skip" the goal for 75 gems and then re-upgrade for 18 more. It was a lot of work just to have to use gems anyway!

EsmeW2
09-04-15, 05:00 AM
I got my horse shed finally..as far as the goals are concerned, I had not clicked on the timed goal for a couple days but got the goal for the final race immediately on completion of the previous goals..sir piggy won the race and I fed Him carrots..tht ws the end for me..timed goal still on for couple more days..

I'm in the same state. I've got just two more ingots to get on the timed goal, upgrade the race track and then I'm done, done, done on both of my games.

I love the horse shed, especially when it gives me wool (I'm a bit light on sheep). Can't imagine how you'd manage to squeeze a horse into it though - let alone some of the massive herds I've seen in various lands recently!

alexsjusa
09-04-15, 06:26 AM

I didn't finish the timed goal in time so I did level up but that was the end of everything for me!

gracelinda
09-04-15, 09:42 AM
Finished 7 on the track within 5 days...did not get 8 and the winner is. Also, how many levels does the horse shed have and what are the requirements for each level?

stargaze91
09-04-15, 10:08 AM
Finished 7 on the track within 5 days...did not get 8 and the winner is. Also, how many levels does the horse shed have and what are the requirements for each level?

Stage 8 unlocks after you pick out the horse for old Thomas,and Sir Pigglesworth wins in the race that follows..then you feed him apples ...did you not get these dialogues? Stage 8 does not follow 7
Horse shed can be upgraded to level 2 .requires 3 fancy beam and blocks, 75 carrots,65000 coins

labsandboxers
09-04-15, 04:15 PM
I don't think I will make it to level 5. I didn't check the forum for the trick. I'm not a happy camper. Will I be able to keep upgrading just with out the prize?

DrP4ever
09-04-15, 07:49 PM
No one I can finish this sadly! Need way too many parts.

SpiritWind00
09-05-15, 01:11 AM
Just remember it is WAY cheaper to speed up collections from the Track rather than buy the individual banners and ingots.

Don't forget to do the daily trades if you're iOS... We are on the last leg home now, so be mindful of the timer. When the event finishes the ONLY way to finish the Horse Track is with gems.

MsMelanieMonster
09-05-15, 07:45 AM
I was always lucky to be able to finish community events- hasn't realized it truly was luck! My friend just got to level 17 today and I told him with 3 days left it wouldn't be worth the gems.

anurulz
09-05-15, 08:10 AM
Got my horse shed...and updated the track to 5..yayee..

littlebridge
09-05-15, 09:48 AM
I'm with you. A little upset about this.

LinSwim
09-05-15, 02:24 PM
Hi There this is my first ever post since starting the game a very long time ago. I regularly visit the forum and so appreciate all the help and guidance that is given by the players and mods 😄.

I have a particular question that I can't find the answer to and wandered if one of the kind gamers could help me?

I have had the horse shed for quite a few days, but haven't yet updated the track to level 5 and want to keep my carrots for that! Do you know if I can upgrade the horse shed after the timer has finished?

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but any advice greatfuly received 😃

nikkimommy2014
09-05-15, 03:55 PM
Technically you can upgrade both after the event ends. The only problem is you will no longer be able to collect banners and ingots so if you don't have enough of those you will have to use gems to upgrade the track. Since the shed doesn't need those to upgrade you can upgrade it at any time. Hope that helps.

LinSwim
09-05-15, 04:12 PM
That's really helpful, thanks for your response.

I'm confident of getting to level 5 of the track within time and then I only need carrots for upgrade of the shed. Sorry, now you've answered it, sounds a bit silly!

Just worried they may pull the upgrade function of the shed when the timer has finished.

Thanks again for getting back to me :).

alexsjusa
09-06-15, 04:52 AM
Never got that goal 8!!! Is anyone doing anything about this?

ShibuyaCloth
09-06-15, 05:06 AM

I don't remember I did it. Well the timed quest did run out of time for a couple of hours so it could be. Moreover I didn't care about the horseshoes as I had the 4th price already.

SpiritWind00
09-06-15, 05:35 AM

it's just written up out of order. If you can upgrade to level 5 then you had the goal slip through unnoticed. I checked with S8 about it.

armarbon2
09-06-15, 08:03 AM
Howdy party people, I would appreciate some advice. Is it worth while to invest gems in speeding up on upgrading the race track to level 5? Still need plenty of ingots and banners...

alexsjusa
09-06-15, 08:22 AM
I can't find my tilting rings wonder where they went to?

stargaze91
09-06-15, 08:33 AM
Howdy party people, I would appreciate some advice. Is it worth while to invest gems in speeding up on upgrading the race track to level 5? Still need plenty of ingots and banners...

How far have you upgraded and how many ingots and banners do you need? If you plan to get the completed horse track,it is always better to speed up rather than to buy ingots and banners , I guess

armarbon2
09-06-15, 08:39 AM
How far have you upgraded and how many ingots and banners do you need? If you plan to get the completed horse track,it is always better to speed up rather than to buy ingots and banners , I guess

Level 4, at app 2/3rd. Still need 30 of both, 20 hrs left...

BuddyB111
09-06-15, 08:39 AM
Technically you can upgrade both after the event ends. The only problem is you will no longer be able to collect banners and ingots so if you don't have enough of those you will have to use gems to upgrade the track. Since the shed doesn't need those to upgrade you can upgrade it at any time. Hope that helps.

I don't understand, so please bear with me. In the past if we don't finish upgrading then we are left with the structure stuck on the level we got to e.g. the partially built vineyard estate buildings we see in our neighbours' kingdoms. Or at least so I thought before reading your post. Are you saying even if I don't get enough banners and ingots to get to Level 5 that I can use gems to finish upgrading? Have I misunderstood about my neighbours' unfinished buildings and actually they have a choice to upgrade for gems?

This will be the first time I won't complete the challenge, so I am thinking about spending gems to upgrade to Level 5. But the other thing I would like to know is what we get from the race track when it's finished. Is it a good earner for coins?

Thanks for reading!

armarbon2
09-06-15, 08:47 AM
See page 1 of this thread: Drops from the finished track

BuddyB111
09-06-15, 08:51 AM
See page 1 of this thread: Drops from the finished track

So no coins which was my question - or stars?

robotparade
09-06-15, 11:31 AM
I can't find my tilting rings wonder where they went to?

Try looking under "All" in inventory

amanda50
09-06-15, 11:44 AM
Can anyone tell me if you can Carry on with the upgrade of horse track To level 5 when the event is over thank you

BuddyB111
09-06-15, 12:07 PM
I need clarification on this too please, as my post above says.

meme1098
09-06-15, 12:07 PM
Once the event is over, the only way to finish upgrading is by using gems. Banners & ingots will no longer drop from the track. Depending on how many of each you still need, it could take hundreds of gems

amanda50
09-06-15, 12:19 PM
Once the event is over, the only way to finish upgrading is by using gems. Banners & ingots will no longer drop from the track. Depending on how many of each you still need, it could take hundreds of gems

Amanda50
Just as I thougt I've got 79 ingots and 68 banners . so doubt I will make it as will not be able to play as much tomorrow .thank you for answering

meme1098
09-06-15, 12:28 PM
Amanda50
Just as I thougt I've got 79 ingots and 68 banners . so doubt I will make it as will not be able to play as much tomorrow .thank you for answering

You pretty much need to collect from the track every 3 hours if possible. I tried to collect at least 4 times per day. Sorry to hear it'll be difficult for you tomorrow.

amanda50
09-06-15, 01:21 PM
You pretty much need to collect from the track every 3 hours if possible. I tried to collect at least 4 times per day. Sorry to hear it'll be difficult for you tomorrow.

Amanda50
I know I don't really want to be up all night I'm up at 5am .i think I failed at beginning of goal I kept forgetting to collect from the horse track I was to involved in getting horse shoes which I have finished ages ago . It's just a game I won't be too upset lol .thankyou for your kind words

BuddyB111
09-06-15, 01:55 PM

Thanks from me too. I've been collecting at least 4 times a day when I could, but will not make the final fence (:p) without using gems and the unknown is how many gems it could need after the event has finished. I've been trying to work out how many gems it might take to get finished in time and whether it is worth it. The track looks ridiculous because of the scale, so I was planning on storing it. But if it earns its keep it could be worthwhile finishing it off.

Decisions, decisions. Any advice from more experienced players?

55lee55
09-06-15, 02:24 PM
Thanks from me too. I've been collecting at least 4 times a day when I could, but will not make the final fence (:p) without using gems and the unknown is how many gems it could need after the event has finished. I've been trying to work out how many gems it might take to get finished in time and whether it is worth it. The track looks ridiculous because of the scale, so I was planning on storing it. But if it earns its keep it could be worthwhile finishing it off.

I collected enough materials to upgrade, but didn't because I am not fond of the look of the level 5 track. That way, I suppose I can upgrade when I want, but not being forced to. That said, I am weary of horses and the whoe concept, so I stored it. Maybe it will look better to me in the future.

Good luck to those who are getting close!

anne202b
09-06-15, 02:27 PM
So sorry if this has been answered already but.....

I've completed Step 7, "On Track for Success", and leveled up to 5. I don't have Step 8, "And the Winner Is...."

I force-closed. What next?

Edit: OK...think I found it from SW. Steps were out of order somehow and I completed it already. So I'm done? I don't want to mess up on this....worked so hard with those little horsies. :)

SpiritWind00
09-06-15, 03:03 PM
Helpful hints and tricks and all questions answered from previous posts:-

If you're contemplating using gems to finish the horse track, it is MUCH CHEAPER to speed up the track. It starts at 6 gems and goes down 1 gem every half hour. This is much cheaper than buying an individual banner or ingot at 20 and 25 gems each respectively.

Is it worth upgrading or having? My personal opinion is anything that multi drops items is worth it. Is it worth having if you need to spend more than say 30-50 gems? Probably not. You can get the drops from other sources, so not a catastrophe if you don't finish. Disappointing, yes, disadvantaged, no. (But that's just me, others might have a different opinion)

If you can upgrade your track to level 5 then Step 8 slipped by unnoticed. It did with me. I did check with S8 and everyone who said they didn't do actually did.

If you have the last 90 banners and ingots but not carrots or hide, you can still upgrade the track once you have these items. The upgrade button will stay available.

Banners and ingots stop dropping once the event concludes as will horseshoes. You can only purchase them with gems once the timer stops. You can do this at anytime in the future.

The finished Horse Track does drop XP. Will have to check if coins drop once event concludes.

I hope that this summary helps. I'll put it in post 2 as well. Good luck to all!

BuddyB111
09-06-15, 04:56 PM
Many thanks to 55lee55 and especially SpiritWind.

I did get burned for 20 gems testing how many banners /ingots you get for gems - never again. I hate using gems for this kind of thing and I am not sure if I have enough anyway. I will watch my progress closely until the event ends to see which option to choose. Feel like a miser counting his gold! :p

Seriously700
09-06-15, 06:03 PM

If you feel you want to spend gems to fully upgrade the track, use the gems to speed up the track. At level 4, you get a total of 6 banners/ingots with each collection, which can be sped up for 6 gems. That comes to 1 gem per item. It is something like 20 times more expensive to buy missing items from the upgrade window.

But you have to do the speeding up before the event expires. After it expires, the only way to get missing items is by spending lots of gems in the upgrade window.

Good luck!

BuddyB111
09-06-15, 06:05 PM
If you feel you want to spend gems to fully upgrade the track, use the gems to speed up the track. At level 4, you get a total of 6 banners/ingots with each collection, which can be sped up for 6 gems. That comes to 1 gem per item. It is something like 20 times more expensive to buy missing items from the upgrade window.

But you have to do the speeding up before the event expires. After it expires, the only way to get missing items is by spending lots of gems in the upgrade window.

Good luck!
Thanks you!

anurulz
09-06-15, 09:54 PM
As SW said, its cheaper to speed the horse track rather than buying the ingots and banners..depending on ur level the track will drop 2-3 ingots and banners each time..

jericaD
09-07-15, 09:04 AM
What is the Horse Shed. Don't know his I've missed it.

ladyperidot
09-07-15, 09:21 AM
The horse shed is the fifth individual prize. It is upgrade able to level 2. For some reason (unknown), it drops wool as a level 2 shed. I don't know what kind of horse Sir Daisy is?!

jericaD
09-07-15, 09:25 AM
Thank you. I haven't paid attention to individual prizes on this one. Lol. Guess I'll check my inventory.

ladyperidot
09-07-15, 09:29 AM
Thank you. I haven't paid attention to individual prizes on this one. Lol. Guess I'll check my inventory.

I had figured it was just a decoration until I saw an earlier post! It takes carrots and some type of beam and block to upgrade. I can't remember which

LavaMagic
09-07-15, 11:19 AM
Does the shed have to be upgraded before the event is over?

I guess not. End of event, question answered.

Sandybellee
09-07-15, 11:35 AM
The final community prize is huge! Is it really just decorative? I was hoping it would drop something...

ladyperidot
09-07-15, 11:39 AM
The final community prize is huge! Is it really just decorative? I was hoping it would drop something...

I placed it and then clicked on it. It didn't come up with a timer or gem trap. I guess it's deco. Back into storage it goes!

meme1098
09-07-15, 11:43 AM

I placed it and then clicked on it. It didn't come up with a timer or gem trap. I guess it's deco. Back into storage it goes!

Yea...all that work for nothing but deco. Horse track & all its accoutrements will be in storage tomorrow. What a big let down. Not sure I'll be participating in the next one. What a shame! I'm sure there are many players feeling the same after getting that huge thing.

EsmeW2
09-07-15, 11:50 AM
Yea...all that work for nothing but deco. Horse track & all its accoutrements will be in storage tomorrow. What a big let down. Not sure I'll be participating in the next one. What a shame! I'm sure there are many players feeling the same after getting that huge thing.

Well I think it's quite pretty, shame it's not animated and doesn't give you anything. I'll keep one of mine out for a few days the other went straight back into storage - so many decorations - so little space for them. (2 games - I'm not seeing double!)

mreames
09-07-15, 12:08 PM

I'll keep the horse track out since it can drop armor but none of the deco. I did immediately check out the last prize to see if it did anything then promptly put it back in storage. Lol

robotparade
09-07-15, 12:18 PM
Sorry duplicate post :confused:

will71
09-07-15, 12:29 PM
This event definitely missed expectations. Very disappointing.

meme1098
09-07-15, 12:29 PM
Yes, and I did one more collection from the track to see if drops are any better & it's still dropping horseshoes as well as the stables. Sure more horseshoes that are now worth nothing but you can't let a few more ingots & banners drop til the end of the day for those who were struggling to finish it.

robotparade
09-07-15, 12:43 PM
The Victory Brazier is quite a disappointment. First of all it is HUGE, taking up the amount of space that a profitable building could inhabit. Secondly, finding that it is just decoration is a major letdown. All of that work, and all the coins spent on horses... for that??? You have really slipped, Storm8.

:(

anne202b
09-07-15, 01:53 PM
Wow...that is all.

ait_vedan
09-07-15, 03:04 PM
It's silly that the last *prize* is only deco, I had it out for 3 seconds, then I put it back into storage. But why do the other things still give horseshoes? For a second I thought it was a new item, and wee would be able to use it. But no, just a bug in the system. So my conclusion now is that Storm8 did not put the same consideration into this event as they used to. Too bad, it will cost players in the end.

mikado86
09-07-15, 03:13 PM
It's silly that the last *prize* is only deco, I had it out for 3 seconds, then I put it back into storage. But why do the other things still give horseshoes? For a second I thought it was a new item, and wee would be able to use it. But no, just a bug in the system. So my conclusion now is that Storm8 did not put the same consideration into this event as they used to. Too bad, it will cost players in the end.

For the same reason my halloween and pyre tent, etc still are open for collection?, I dont expect TL to care but they obviously have the means to "fix" items, just like they did the pile of gifts, but my point is that its nothing new

midsom
09-07-15, 04:01 PM
SpiritWind,

Could you please convey to the powers that be that some players, like myself and some of my neighbours, are extremely disappointed with the final community prize. Thank you.

mikado86
09-07-15, 04:57 PM
SpiritWind,

Could you please convey to the powers that be that some players, like myself and some of my neighbours, are extremely disappointed with the final community prize. Thank you.

I think you should look up the dictionary definition of prize, and btw final community prize that are only decoration are nothing new, be glad you got a building that actually produces something useful out of the entire event

plby
09-07-15, 05:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the final community prize been a decoration in all the community events? It's the final individual prize that's been something useful:confused:

PanicMood
09-07-15, 05:08 PM
Wan't the finished horsetrack supposed to drop things? I just clicked on mine and it gave only xp!

plby
09-07-15, 05:12 PM
Wan't the finished horsetrack supposed to drop things? I just clicked on mine and it gave only xp!

It dropped horseshoes, fertiliser and something I'm maxed on last time I collected from mine.

Edit: must've been before the event ended. Only 1 Xp now.

mikado86
09-07-15, 05:12 PM

Event is over, it wont drop anything anymore, you can store it if you dont want it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the final community prize been a decoration in all the community events? It's the final individual prize that's been something useful:confused:

Spooky tree or witch's cauldron, I dont remember, but it was from the halloween update, "useful" is kind of a stretch tough, but its certainly not a decoration only

PanicMood
09-07-15, 05:17 PM
Event is over, it wont drop anything anymore, you can store it if you dont want it

Well, that sounds a little strange, since the vineyard estate, for one, kept dropping plenty of things after the event was over...
I tought the only things tha would stop dropping would be the banners, the lingots and the horseshoes!

plby
09-07-15, 05:17 PM
look in your inventory

Spooky tree or witch's cauldron, I dont remember, but it was from the halloween update, "useful" is kind of a stretch tough, but its certainly not a decoration only

Well, useful in 'it drops something' :p The cauldron was an individual prize, that leaves the spooky tree as the only exception.