PDA

View Full Version : New Expansions! 8-20-15

MaribouMay
08-19-15, 10:47 PM
edit(KP)

You cannot expand the whole area. See this thread here.

http://i.imgur.com/TTyiHrY.jpg
(http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63066-Dragon-Story-Mining-40-expansions-(IOS-and-ANDROID)&p=1230434&viewfull=1#post1230434)

I just noticed this today. I have a Bitter Bark ready to clear on the island to the right of the Battle Arena. This is odd as I have been fully expanded for quite a while and I didn't need to use maps the unlock this plot. I paid to clear it so I'll know if it is a new plot in 24 hours.

=mattjd169;1167318]Feedback = a BIG Thank You!

The additional land is a great addition.
Many thanks.

:D
Look at all that land north of the Arena!!
23430[/QUOTE]

Anyone else have this?

cazile81
08-19-15, 10:55 PM
Same here...and it's showing on all accounts.

gabz50
08-19-15, 10:58 PM
same here but on another block of land! and its not an extra space!! something is wrong and i think it replaced a habitat!

MaribouMay
08-19-15, 11:07 PM
same here but on another block of land! and its not an extra space!! something is wrong and i think it replaced a habitat!

Hmm, that wouldn't be good.

gabz50
08-19-15, 11:18 PM
Hmm, that wouldn't be good.

I already sent an email complaining, lets see what they will reply that if they bother to reply with from a brained person..

belarica
08-19-15, 11:34 PM
I have it too. I don't think your habitats are missing, I remember that spot was bare but wasn't able to place anything there and thought it was weird, then there was a tree to clear

random59
08-19-15, 11:38 PM
I have it as well, the space was bare, several of my neighbours have it as well, I am very thankful even for a gift of land.

MaribouMay
08-19-15, 11:44 PM
I have it too. I don't think your habitats are missing, I remember that spot was bare but wasn't able to place anything there and thought it was weird, then there was a tree to clear

I remember a notch in the island, but don't recall land there.

I'm pretty sure I am not missing any dragons. Perhaps it is a small gift from TL.

MaribouMay
08-19-15, 11:45 PM
I have it as well, the space was bare, several of my neighbours have it as well, I am very thankful even for a gift of land.

Indeed. I'm off to see if my neighbors have it too.

HuckBellery
08-19-15, 11:53 PM

We never were able to expand or put anything there. They also increased the habitat limit (now 146). Guess it's a gift from TL and a good sign for future updates :) Who knows, maybe new space is coming on friday or later..

random59
08-20-15, 12:02 AM
Actually they appear to have freed up two spaces, look at the space by the mine that we couldn't clear, have just started to clear that as well, only cost maps, so am doing two expansions as once, HAPPY SNAPS for Team Lava!!!
Thankyou!

[S8] Elsa
08-20-15, 12:05 AM
enjoy~

;D

MaribouMay
08-20-15, 12:19 AM
Actually they appear to have freed up two spaces, look at the space by the mine that we couldn't clear, have just started to clear that as well, only cost maps, so am doing two expansions as once, HAPPY SNAPS for Team Lava!!!
Thankyou!

Hey! It is available now! Sweet!

MaribouMay
08-20-15, 12:20 AM
Elsa;1160330']enjoy~

;D

Thank you!

HuckBellery
08-20-15, 02:05 AM
New update! New Island is coming :D

EDIT: Omg, new island is HUGE. Thank you TL!!

jim23cash
08-20-15, 02:23 AM
Elsa;1160330']enjoy~

;D

Yay! And a great shout was heard through out the lands! Woo Hoo, I've got a little breathing room!!
Thanks Elsa, your updates on progress really help us keep going! :D Annie

orleansparish
08-20-15, 02:28 AM
New update! New Island is coming :D

EDIT: Omg, new island is HUGE. Thank you TL!!

I was just about to ask where you got those islands from, when I re read and saw the word update. This is awesome!!!

The OCD in me while be elated I'll be able to color coordinate my habitats AND have some spare change to decorate again! AND I have 166 maps just waiting to be used. Says it's easier to expand? I wonder if that means no more asking for maps. If we do, it'll be interesting. Since most of my 600 plus neighbors don't visit and probably half have quit. And ain't nobody got time to find out who to ask maps from. Which will create a delay in getting them.

I wish we could gift them or something. I'll be a happy camper if I could just click on the space like the two free spaces we just got and throw money at it.

orleansparish
08-20-15, 02:35 AM
No fair! Before I updated I was able to clear both trees made available to us without maps. AFTER I updated only one tree, the one near the mine was still going BUT I had to use maps for the one near the battle arena. That stinks!

jim23cash
08-20-15, 02:56 AM
I already cleared land, and tried to place a habitat, so I could hatch some eggs, when it started processing, and moved my habitat back. I tried several times, it did it each time. :(

EDIT: when my iPad updated Dragon Story, the space I paid gold to clear was forested, and my gold gone. :(. But the new space is massive! If you look in the bottom corner of the pic posted above, you can see the tiny Battle Arena! That's a lot of space!,
And I think the new "Easier" to expand part is: it was 24 hours or 24 gold to expand the spot I started with. That is a significantly smaller amount of gold, it was like 10x the hours before, or more, I think.

chewingthecud
08-20-15, 03:57 AM
Thank you TL!!!;)

PepperWoo
08-20-15, 05:09 AM
Wow, 83 expansions if my eyes aren't deceiving me! Almost the size of the main islands. Thank you so much, S8! :o

Since the huge land update isn't available yet on Android (only two blocks on the main island for now), I decided to go ahead and expanded the space near the mining area (48 hrs) and cleared the 800k tree near the battle arena (24 hrs). But when I switched to iOS, there's no progress showing that I'm clearing the 800k tree. I wonder if it will be empty anyway after 24 hours?

http://i.imgur.com/zsyUwUa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R1LxA7k.jpg

cocauina
08-20-15, 05:26 AM
Wow, 83 expansions if my eyes aren't deceiving me! Almost the size of the main islands. Thank you so much, S8! :o

Since the huge land update isn't available yet on Android (only two blocks on the main island for now), I decided to go ahead and expanded the space near the mining area (48 hrs) and cleared the 800k tree near the battle arena (24 hrs). But when I switched to iOS, there's no progress showing that I'm clearing the 800k tree. I wonder if it will be empty anyway after 24 hours?

http://i.imgur.com/zsyUwUa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R1LxA7k.jpg

83 new expansions indeed :D

81 new space in a new island, 1 new tree and blocked space, finally unblocked!

Kennedward
08-20-15, 06:47 AM
I just noticed this today. I have a Bitter Bark ready to clear on the island to the right of the Battle Arena. This is odd as I have been fully expanded for quite a while and I didn't need to use maps the unlock this plot. I paid to clear it so I'll know if it is a new plot in 24 hours.

Anyone else have this?

Nice? But I dont see it on mine yet....

roguebee
08-20-15, 07:08 AM
I found the gift of the free plot on both accounts this morning and started clearing the tree. No complaints here. Guess I'll have to force the update to see the new island.

amerirish
08-20-15, 07:17 AM
OMG!!! This is AWESOME!!! I just updated my app & got the new island! Happy dance :D :D :D

What is odd though, is on my other account, on Kindle, I have the Bitterbark in the top right hand corner but I can't clear it :confused:

amerirish
08-20-15, 07:20 AM
Just went back in the app and the Bitterbark that I paid to clear at the top right is back :( I don't mind the missing coins so much but it seems a bit unfair to take that back.

Kennedward
08-20-15, 07:23 AM
Updated it, still don't see it, something's wrong here.....

tengoambre123
08-20-15, 07:28 AM
wow! just updated my app for no reason at all (lol) and saw that huge mass of land. i'm nowhere near clearing the whole island but this is awesome! especially for those older members who have long since run out of space. This new land is HUGE, almost the size of all the other combined :)

Sandybellee
08-20-15, 07:55 AM
Wow! The new island is huge! I'm so happy for all the veteran players!

inesat
08-20-15, 08:06 AM
Someone is totally taking dragon eggs out of storage!

Passera
08-20-15, 08:53 AM
I paid the 800,000 coins to clear the bitterbark tree thingy and when I went back nothing clearing and no new space....what the what?

amerirish
08-20-15, 08:56 AM
I paid the 800,000 coins to clear the bitterbark tree thingy and when I went back nothing clearing and no new space....what the what?

Same thing happened to me :(

[S8] Regina
08-20-15, 09:14 AM
New expansions/Island are part of the new app update. However, we will look into the new plot issue where you cannot place items there. Please be sure to update your app to 2.2!

Thank you for your patience!

Lozz300
08-20-15, 10:01 AM
When does android get this update as there is nothing there?

PepperWoo
08-20-15, 10:17 AM
When does android get this update as there is nothing there?

There's a new version at the Play Store (link (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon46)) but I can't be sure if it has the expansion update since the description doesn't state it.

Kennedward
08-20-15, 10:45 AM
Someone is totally taking dragon eggs out of storage!

Me too!

Finally worked after I restarted my device, took them long enough lol

pod5124cra
08-20-15, 10:52 AM
Woohoo just seen the new island its massive. LOVE IT:)

zaccy678
08-20-15, 10:54 AM
Holy moly, it's rather large isn't it? :)

Kennedward
08-20-15, 11:00 AM
Yea, finally the land needed, but it does mean everyone will start asking for maps again lol

zaccy678
08-20-15, 11:15 AM
Yea, finally the land needed, but it does mean everyone will start asking for maps again lol

We've got Spin to Win at the moment though, plenty of maps there ;) ;) ;)

Kennedward
08-20-15, 11:29 AM
lol I know, I got 9, but to expand further I'll need 100 or more just for 1 expansion

sued62
08-20-15, 11:40 AM
Great to have new expansions but I do wish TL would sort out the massive problem of the game crashing which is affecting so many people. It's much worse now than it's ever been

sued62
08-20-15, 11:42 AM
Forgot to mention that the tree clearance to the right of arena has disappeared!! Any thoughts people?��

Clark_Wayne
08-20-15, 12:10 PM
i don't see the new Island even after restart :confused:
is there a new update ?
someone could post a pic ? :D

noah1164
08-20-15, 12:14 PM
Just went back in the app and the Bitterbark that I paid to clear at the top right is back :( I don't mind the missing coins so much but it seems a bit unfair to take that back.

Same here! I'm on android and noticed the tree needed clearing so I paid the 800k. Then when I went back in the tree was back where I can't clear it. Wow, thanks TL. Guess once again we lose.

sued62
08-20-15, 12:17 PM
Yes I had it and paid to clear. Now it's gone!! Back to rock

MaribouMay
08-20-15, 12:24 PM
is there a new update ?

There is a pic in this thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84065-I-ve-Got-New-Land

noah1164
08-20-15, 12:29 PM
Yes I had it and paid to clear. Now it's gone!! Back to rock

Seems to PROVE that it is possible to do on both ios and android! Because it was working and clearing! They probably realized they weren't supposed to do it on android and removed it. Now I know it's not because they don't have time to code it, since I was doing it and they removed it!
I guess they have some contract with ios and not Google, so we lose.

freshfunin2008
08-20-15, 12:46 PM
Look at it this way..... when android loses you always get a spin the wheel to make up for it. So maybe next week you will get a wheel.

[S8] Regina
08-20-15, 12:48 PM
This should be resolved. If you have questions about this, please email support@storm8.com.

Thanks!

viridium
08-20-15, 12:50 PM
I am quite happy that we got so much land!Now I can buy as much habitats I want but the map thing will get again annoying,since I dont used them for months.I got all land parts.Now I can restart on land with so much coins it is easy.

But why appeared today a tree and when updating it got replaced by a rock?Most paid to **** it so....I hope to get the 800000 back.
Next thing how about a mining update to use dynamites again?

noah1164
08-20-15, 12:55 PM
Look at it this way..... when android loses you always get a spin the wheel to make up for it. So maybe next week you will get a wheel.

Lol. I have 2 accounts and haven't won a dragon in all the wheels we have gotten in the last 2 months. I've even bought gold and did extra spins. Nothing like spending 30gold for 3 maps every time I try.
I can understand what you're saying if I won a dragon here or there, and didn't buy gold for extra spins, but understand, if you had the same issue, you may also be a little upset.

PepperWoo
08-20-15, 12:56 PM
Not that I mind the cost of that tree, but I'd hate to call it a resolution when the space was closed in and the game never gave back what we spent. :eek:

amerirish
08-20-15, 01:04 PM
I am quite happy that we got so much land!Now I can buy as much habitats I want but the map thing will get again annoying,since I dont used them for months.I got all land parts.Now I can restart on land with so much coins it is easy.

But why appeared today a tree and when updating it got replaced by a rock?Most paid to **** it so....I hope to get the 800000 back.
Next thing how about a mining update to use dynamites again?

Actually you can't buy as many habitats as you like because the limit was raised from 140 to 146 (weirdly). I can't imagine why we would get all of that wonderful space but not a high enough habitat limit to take advantage of it :confused:

noah1164
08-20-15, 01:04 PM
Not that I mind the cost of that tree, but I'd hate to call it a resolution when the space was closed in and the game never gave back what we spent. :eek:

Amazing how android did have the ability though, huh? Until they took it away. We could've had the same as ios but they don't want us to for contract reasons. That's fine, it's only a game, but I will not buy gold every week like I was doing.

[S8] Elsa
08-20-15, 01:18 PM
Seems to PROVE that it is possible to do on both ios and android! Because it was working and clearing! They probably realized they weren't supposed to do it on android and removed it. Now I know it's not because they don't have time to code it, since I was doing it and they removed it!
I guess they have some contract with ios and not Google, so we lose.

Nah, we just had a technical issue that caused progress to revert and it affected all platforms, not just Android. It should be okay now. The new island will be available for Android in the future. I can't share a date in case anything unexpected comes up, but the plan is soon. ^^

Same here! I'm on android and noticed the tree needed clearing so I paid the 800k. Then when I went back in the tree was back where I can't clear it. Wow, thanks TL. Guess once again we lose.

Oh no! :( If you lost Coins can you please create a support ticket with support@teamlava.com and message me the ticket number?

roguebee
08-20-15, 01:21 PM
is there a new update ?

You are going to have to download the update, if your device hasn't already done so.

PepperWoo
08-20-15, 01:25 PM
Elsa;1160726']Nah, we just had a technical issue that caused progress to revert and it affected all platforms, not just Android. It should be okay now. The new island will be available for Android in the future. I can't share a date in case anything unexpected comes up, but the plan is soon. ^^

Is it perhaps included in the new version available at the Play Store?

roguebee
08-20-15, 01:25 PM
Actually you can't buy as many habitats as you like because the limit was raised from 140 to 146 (weirdly). I can't imagine why we would get all of that wonderful space but not a high enough habitat limit to take advantage of it :confused:

So you can put some decorations out...

Ali03Jah07
08-20-15, 01:29 PM
Great A lot of land.....Very very happy;)
Thanx

belarica
08-20-15, 01:32 PM

Not everyone is well off in coins, 800k is a fair amount to me still that got flushed down the toilet with the reappearing tree :P

[S8] Elsa
08-20-15, 01:35 PM
Is it perhaps included in the new version available at the Play Store?

No, it isn't available in the store yet. ^_^

PepperWoo
08-20-15, 01:40 PM

So you can put some decorations out...

Or so they would only have to deal with just one out of the two major problems of this game... at least for quite some time lol. Also, they surely know that if they raise the habitat limit too high too early, they will lose possible income from premium habitat upgrades.

Not everyone is well off in coins, 800k is a fair amount to me still that got flushed down the toilet with the reappearing tree :P

I agree though. Especially now that we have 83 expansions to make and a bazillion tree foliage to clear out, coins are suddenly so important again. xD

Elsa;1160742']No, it isn't available in the store yet. ^_^

I see. Thanks for informing us Elsa!

noah1164
08-20-15, 02:24 PM
Elsa;1160726']Nah, we just had a technical issue that caused progress to revert and it affected all platforms, not just Android. It should be okay now. The new island will be available for Android in the future. I can't share a date in case anything unexpected comes up, but the plan is soon. ^^

I really do appreciate you keeping us informed Elsa 😊.
I realize there was a technical issue that was resolved, like the trees being able to be cleared again. But my point was that if android doesn't even have the capability to these new changes, why did I have the capability for a short time and then just ios got to keep it. If android wasn't coded for it, then I wouldn't even have had the ability to pay for and watch the tree change with timer and everything.

RocioBM
08-20-15, 02:49 PM
WOW!!

Now we have a super big island, go check your iOS games

Good job TL

:)

freshfunin2008
08-20-15, 02:49 PM
I think TL needs to give the android users the wheel. That seems to be the temp solution to lack of parity between the platforms.

veronicamazze
08-20-15, 03:51 PM
I noticed all the new expansions. Begging to get maps is not my idea of fun. Plus, I can't breed the dragons I want. I'm level 150 and it all just seems like more work to me. I'm gonna quit.

bakerystoe
08-20-15, 04:11 PM
Two spots! main and second island

Bluebell2419
08-20-15, 04:13 PM
I agree, how do we get TL to give use our 800,000 coins back since the tree isn't cleared now?

Kennedward
08-20-15, 04:31 PM
More maps required, well, at least now I can finally use those maps that were useless to me for 2 years

freshfunin2008
08-20-15, 04:52 PM
Too funny I didn't even realize they were being saved since we haven't used them for so long. I guess with 80 plus expansions that kind of puts expanding from the mining shaft on hold. Is there any reason to continue to collect pieces / parts there other than for food and coins?

saghaven
08-20-15, 05:06 PM
With the way the amount of food these dragons need, the food from mining alone makes it worth continuing lol.

I totally didn't notice all the new space until I spent into my App Store and saw there was an update and read the details. Came back and was like "holy s---". Gonna be weird going back to using maps but at least now they're not totally worthless when you get them on the wheel or something.

Kennedward
08-20-15, 05:16 PM
I think there will be many people returning, but IOS only really, as all these new features are IOS only for now

Clark_Wayne
08-20-15, 05:28 PM
new update downloaded , and expansion started (168 maps stored are now very usefull :))

marcatwolf
08-20-15, 05:43 PM
Okay, so I'm level 150 and all cleared for a long time now. I have also built the mining islands almost fully. Today, I see the new tree on the island to the left of the battle arena. I go to expand and see that I can get rid of that old dark bushy mushy tree on the lower island with the waterfall/lagoon. So I click on expand and then use money and maps to do finish the process. I have wanted that thing gone for over a year I think! So I click on "finish now" when it got to 40 gold needed. Now there is a green tree there. I then had to hit expand and use maps and money again. Will I be able to get rid of it? Bottom line question, did I just waste 40 gold? After reading the above posts I am confused as to what is going on. Please help! I am android.

[S8] Elsa
08-20-15, 06:13 PM
Okay, so I'm level 150 and all cleared for a long time now. I have also built the mining islands almost fully. Today, I see the new tree on the island to the left of the battle arena. I go to expand and see that I can get rid of that old dark bushy mushy tree on the lower island with the waterfall/lagoon. So I click on expand and then use money and maps to do finish the process. I have wanted that thing gone for over a year I think! So I click on "finish now" when it got to 40 gold needed. Now there is a green tree there. I then had to hit expand and use maps and money again. Will I be able to get rid of it? Bottom line question, did I just waste 40 gold? After reading the above posts I am confused as to what is going on. Please help! I am android.

Can you share a screenshot of the area you expanded twice?

penqueen4
08-20-15, 06:58 PM
Thanks TL, WOW, This is going to cost me!

AwesomeChefDad
08-20-15, 07:03 PM
I am in the group that would love to have the mine for land return for the other benefits that comes from mining and that now it is totally spent and useless..

But nice to see a new area to beg for maps or win on spin the wheel..

:eek:

Kennedward
08-20-15, 07:36 PM
Well, with more expansions, more maps will be required, so I won't feel as bad when I get maps on the wheel, but still, I can easily get maps from neighbors, I would still prefer other things from the wheel instead.

marcatwolf
08-20-15, 07:52 PM
I keep trying to post a pic but the website won't let me. I will try to email it to you.

marcatwolf
08-20-15, 08:18 PM
Elsa: I sent you an email to support@teamlava. I hope you get it. I couldn't post the pics here for some reason. No, wait, I figured it out!

marcatwolf
08-20-15, 08:26 PM

Dear S8 Elsa:

I tried emailing this as I thought I couldn't post the pics on the forum.

As I recall, I hit expand and then chose to expand the tree dark green tree bunch on the waterfall island first. I then waited awhile and couldn't wait any longer and hit the "finish now" button, using 40 gold. It then left me with a green tree and I hit expand again for that one. Showing this in the first pic.

I then was able to expand the tree on the upper island to the right of the battle arena. After hitting expand on that one I was left with this tree, rock, bush and brown tree, all of which seem to be still expanding / finishing. I did not spend gold on this one. Showing this in the second pic.

Please let me know what is happening! I appreciate your help! Have a lovely evening!

Mary - marcatwolf (Dragonshire)

deadpixel
08-20-15, 10:13 PM
:(

If only this and the stable update had come a little earlier. Made the painful choice of trading off 5 Mercury Dragons a week before the stable update in order to have more space for new individual types.

Oh well, :) at least I'll be able to bring out all the stabled dragons and make use of the 400 maps in storage; always thought they were white elephants when I got them in the Spin-and-win or value packs.

Seranda
08-20-15, 11:09 PM
Now I'm sad I had to get rid of so many baby dragons I had to make room for others I didn't have yet. Now I'll have all this room... RIP babies! I miss you already. :,(

Kennedward
08-21-15, 06:09 AM
Now I'm sad I had to get rid of so many baby dragons I had to make room for others I didn't have yet. Now I'll have all this room... RIP babies! I miss you already. :,(

Me too....

Daenerys66
08-21-15, 07:47 AM
We never were able to expand or put anything there. They also increased the habitat limit (now 146). Guess it's a gift from TL and a good sign for future updates :) Who knows, maybe new space is coming on friday or later..

I wonder if there is/will be more island mining as well! :)

Kennedward
08-21-15, 07:53 AM
I wonder if there is/will be more island mining as well! :)

Hopefully there will be :cool:

freshfunin2008
08-21-15, 09:42 AM
I wish we didn't have to wait to ask for maps. I have a bunch and it looks like I can not ask until I have less than what is needed for the next expansion.

icre8mylife
08-21-15, 12:05 PM
I too have had to sell many dragons and their habitats to continue to play, including all my Tropic, Dino, and some of my less favored world event dragons and habitats. (Soccer anyone?) I have no duplicate dragons in my game. I have sold over 30 duplicate diamond hybrids and have sold and repurchased my Diamond habitats over and over again, with each new increase, to make room for new dragons. I have sold all my special coin increasing prizes that I earned and had to put all my decor in storage. Unfortunately, this all seems to happen just before a habitat or land increase. LOL. So am I happy about this new land increase? You bet I am!!! Thank you, Thank you, thank you Storm 8 for finally making my dreams come true! I agree that with all this new land we will definitely need another habitat increase in the near future, so hopefully Storm 8 is already working on that. One can hope right?
Now to my question. I have held on long and hard to my last piece of expansion from the mines in order to continue to get food. Will I still be able to mine for food to use up my last 25 dynamite and then complete the last expansion? Thanks.

roguebee
08-21-15, 12:09 PM
You can, but once you make that last island expansion, you lose the ability to use any dynamite to gather food until S8 decides to add another mining island.

tromalyt
08-21-15, 12:10 PM
WOW.
just, wow.

freshfunin2008
08-21-15, 12:12 PM
It's a good week to be on iOS eh

freshfunin2008
08-21-15, 12:13 PM
I am grateful for the land but there is no real good reason for a 146 habitat limit. Increase it please.

rltrumps
08-21-15, 12:18 PM
You can, but once you make that last island expansion, you lose the ability to use any dynamite to gather food until S8 decides to add another mining island.

I'm confused...how do you use dynamite to gather food?

Kennedward
08-21-15, 12:20 PM
I wish we didn't have to wait to ask for maps. I have a bunch and it looks like I can not ask until I have less than what is needed for the next expansion.

Unlike you, I actually used most of mine on the very first expansion already lol

icre8mylife
08-21-15, 01:26 PM
Thanks! I will not need to do the last expansion with all the new land opened up, well sorta kinda , for a price. lol I will keep my mine open, but are we still getting dynamite for breeding? I have not been paying attention.

This reply is to ROGUEBEE I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I hit reply on your answer thinking your reply would appear first but not so.

roguebee
08-21-15, 02:12 PM
Thanks! I will not need to do the last expansion with all the new land opened up, well sorta kinda , for a price. lol I will keep my mine open, but are we still getting dynamite for breeding? I have not been paying attention.

This reply is to ROGUEBEE I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I hit reply on your answer thinking your reply would appear first but not so.

Yes, as long as you have that last one island expansion remaining, each time your dragons leave the breeding den you will get sticks of dynamite. I thought I read somewhere that you may have an issue when you reach 999 island parts in storage. But that is a few months (years?) down the road.

roguebee
08-21-15, 02:20 PM
I'm confused...how do you use dynamite to gather food?

When you reach level 45, the mine opens up for you. Left shaft only. At Level 80, the right shaft opens up for play. You can mine with bombs for dragon parts in the left shaft and with dynamite for island parts in the right shaft. When you discover a part, you are rewarded with either coins or apples, plus the part you discovered. This thread gives a much fuller explanation of the mining portion of the game.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide&p=953851&viewfull=1#post953851

icre8mylife
08-21-15, 03:12 PM
Yes, as long as you have that last one island expansion remaining, each time your dragons leave the breeding den you will get sticks of dynamite. I thought I read somewhere that you may have an issue when you reach 999 island parts in storage. But that is a few months (years?) down the road.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I have been at 999 island parts for months now. That's when it taps out of island parts. When I go into mine now, I just go food or coins.

Hawk1
08-21-15, 04:48 PM
MaribouMay has a gold sale? I haven't seen a gold sale since Lvl 45 and I'm 107 now :(

Kennedward
08-21-15, 06:18 PM
Still waiting for 1 piece of land to clear, then wait once again when I pay to clear the tree(s)

jjblueyes
08-21-15, 08:12 PM

Guess I'm old...I've been at 999 for a longggg time...

jacksusa
08-21-15, 08:20 PM
Come on, let's

I am grateful for the land but there is no real good reason for a 146 habitat limit. Increase it please.

jacksusa
08-21-15, 08:22 PM
let's finally give TL their due! Thank you for listening! More space!

jjblueyes
08-21-15, 08:27 PM
Soooo, I just found this pot of gold under my islands rainbow. Holy sheetballz....not ladylike but what spontaneously came out when I saw the huge piece of property I'm looking at. I don't care if it takes me months to clear it. Just having some room to stretch my toesy;) heaven! I can move a few things around now. I've been so packed in i spent over a year not being able to rearrange a single habitat. I finally sold my dino habitat just to have emergency room. It's been crazy.
I'm sure the habitat limit will get bumped up again real soon as well. They can't possibly think they can give us all that room & no habs to place on it.
Mama's bringing out some caged up beasties! Boo yah!

jjblueyes
08-21-15, 08:30 PM
let's finally give TL their due! Thank you for listening! More space!

That's what I was saying. There's no way they would give us all that room without a habitat increase coming soon enough...I'm just thrilled!

jim23cash
08-21-15, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry, but is this REALLY just another IOS only feature???!!??? I had the complimentary plot yesterday only to notice it was not clear today and have not seen the huge new island everyone's been posting. I am disgusted with the way Android is regarded. How do you get away with having two different versions just because of the phone we buy? The money I put into this game is unreal only to be slapped because I don't prefer Apple products. Something better get figured out quickly before I start finding out how to get my money back.

Somewhere in the thread it says it is coming soon for Android, but they are still working on it. I think you might have the space near the mines available, but I'm not sure. Hang in there, it's coming! :D

jim23cash
08-21-15, 10:08 PM
Guess I'm old...I've been at 999 for a longggg time...

Me, too! And now I'm hoping that they will open the mine back up for those of us that needed the last expansion, so we can continue to bomb for food as well.
Please S8/TL, allow us to open our mines again!
Thanks, Annie :D

Dracuul
08-21-15, 10:13 PM
Wish it would give me back my 800 000 coins I paid to remove that tree that just vanished the next day!

bakerystoe
08-21-15, 10:50 PM
I love TL! they Listening to us And that AWESOME! THANKSY:p!! Maps IS USEFUL NOW:) LoL

jim23cash
08-22-15, 04:13 AM
Wish it would give me back my 800 000 coins I paid to remove that tree that just vanished the next day!

See post #56 from Elsa on what to do about this. :)

jacksusa
08-22-15, 08:59 PM
Hope this expansion will be for ALL! thanks TL for listening!

jjblueyes
08-22-15, 10:57 PM
Me, too! And now I'm hoping that they will open the mine back up for those of us that needed the last expansion, so we can continue to bomb for food as well.
Please S8/TL, allow us to open our mines again!
Thanks, Annie :D
I'm stubborn & didn't use the final expansion even though I sooo could have used it. I just pretended it didn't exsist. I do hope they open it up for you though!

Jrod333
08-23-15, 12:37 AM
I'm also hoping for mining expansion to re open

pernmagic
08-23-15, 04:55 AM
I'm stubborn & didn't use the final expansion even though I sooo could have used it. I just pretended it didn't exsist. I do hope they open it up for you though!
Agree , I put a request on this morning for this explaining its not just the land but the food food food we get as we find the segments

gail66
08-23-15, 02:14 PM
2 days to clear the space and now 48 hours. To remove a tree --- that means it's gonna take ages to clear all that space.

warrior61280
08-23-15, 02:44 PM
2 days to clear the space and now 48 hours. To remove a tree --- that means it's gonna take ages to clear all that space.

1. You have that space to clear
2. Used to take longer (3/4 days to expand then another 3/4 to clear) and the cost was 1m+ to expand and 800k for tree or 990k for rock.

Do you still have to request maps from neighbors or did they simplify that? Just asking because I dont have access to it to see.

Jrod333
08-23-15, 03:27 PM
Agree , I put a request on this morning for this explaining its not just the land but the food food food we get as we find the segments

Yea I regret using that spot because now I'm sol with that extra food but I needed that spot so bad and figured they'd add more land that way. Of course they did not. It'd be so nice if they open it, it's nice on my other account being able to clear in both directions as they're completely different and can be worked on at the same time too

Kennedward
08-23-15, 04:34 PM

Agreed, I seriously doubt I can spend most of my coins despite having so much space to expand, it takes too long that I've already made more coins than I spent

MaribouMay
08-23-15, 05:55 PM
Do you still have to request maps from neighbors or did they simplify that? Just asking because I dont have access to it to see.

Yes, you do have to request maps still. So far, it looks like 60 maps per expansion. I have only expanded the one spot by the mine entrance so far.

My map strategy is to request from the Arctic Isle while I waiting for an expansion on the main island.

Kennedward
08-23-15, 06:01 PM
Yes, you do have to request maps still. So far, it looks like 60 maps per expansion. I have only expanded the one spot by the mine entrance so far.

My map strategy is to request from the Arctic Isle while I waiting for an expansion on the main island.

Nice strategy! If only I haven't finish expanding on the arctic isle as well.... lol

MaribouMay
08-23-15, 07:41 PM
Nice strategy! If only I haven't finish expanding on the arctic isle as well.... lol

I got lazy and stopped with a few spots left. Probably because I finally got the last dragon there.

Kennedward
08-23-15, 08:18 PM
I got lazy and stopped with a few spots left. Probably because I finally got the last dragon there.

Lucky you lol 2 days is a long time to wait for just 1 square

kooky panda
08-24-15, 11:24 AM
Reminder of current topic:

Hi all fellow ios players..join in the effort to get Team Lava to fix our game
Send a letter to support@apple.com Complaining of the poor conditions of our ios based game
Our crashing issue started whe they brought android players more into our game..i am not against them playing but against TL for not fixing issues that we have been having for months
I also have a neighbour that is having all her coins REMOVED rather than added when they tap to collect..this has happened before but they have not fixed it yet for this player. It is another known bug issue that TL fails to fix
So join in the rally to get the game fixed so that it is enjoyable and fair like it was in the beginning.

Some off topic posts have been removed. Please make sure your posts are on topic about the new expansions.

Thanks

amerirish
08-24-15, 11:40 AM
It's going to take a very long time to clear out enough space to really stretch out, but I don't mind that a bit. Some of my poor Diamond habitats have been squeezed between the Olympus & Gold habitats simply because of how small they are. I'm so happy that I'll finally be able to put some groups back together :D

freshfunin2008
08-24-15, 11:42 AM
The pace to spread out is slow but what is the rush. Most only got an increase of 6 habitats. So with in 24 days there will be no real need to spread out faster unless you want to haul out all the decor that had to be put in storage a year and a half ago.

marcatwolf
08-24-15, 02:52 PM
I'm sorry, but is this REALLY just another IOS only feature???!!??? I had the complimentary plot yesterday only to notice it was not clear today and have not seen the huge new island everyone's been posting. I am disgusted with the way Android is regarded. How do you get away with having two different versions just because of the phone we buy? The money I put into this game is unreal only to be slapped because I don't prefer Apple products. Something better get figured out quickly before I start finding out how to get my money back.

Hi, I ha ve the ability to expand these spaces and I'm on Android. So it isn't just IOS (finally android is getting some of the IOS stuff!). There is an updated version on Google Play called Dragon Story Country Picnic. I wonder if it is in that version but I got it on the old version. Enjoy!

OutBirdWatching
08-24-15, 03:42 PM
Hi, I ha ve the ability to expand these spaces and I'm on Android. So it isn't just IOS (finally android is getting some of the IOS stuff!). There is an updated version on Google Play called Dragon Story Country Picnic. I wonder if it is in that version but I got it on the old version. Enjoy!

Which Android device do you have? I do not see the new land on either of my Samsung devices... But I do see it on my iPad mini.
It would be nice to have the extra land on all devices.

freshfunin2008
08-24-15, 04:06 PM
Do you have the 2 spaces on the original islands or do you have the new 81 space island as well on Droid? My friend uses a droid device and he only has the 2 spaces not the brand new 81 space island.

Kennedward
08-24-15, 04:16 PM
Finally got enough maps to start expanding today :cool:

kooky panda
08-24-15, 06:34 PM
The new Island is iOS only. Androids are able to expand to two new spots, the upper right middle plot, and the corner plot on the main island.

JustKay
08-25-15, 05:07 AM

You can write your name in the scorched ground like we used to in the early days when space was a plenty... anyone remember those times ;) I'm pretty happy with the extra space, I can finally get some decorations out of storage and personalise my island a bit more.

JustKay
08-25-15, 05:12 AM

I remember this trick! So long since I've had to use it though. Good recall! If only I still had active neighbours >_< It's so bad I'm currently only gifting one gold to one neighbour. So many past faithful gifters stopped playing over time. Thankfully I can get most of my gold from my dragons now.

inesat
08-25-15, 05:40 AM
The new Island is iOS only. Androids are able to expand to two new spots, the upper right middle plot, and the corner plot on the main island.
This makes me a sad android bunny. For a minute there I thought I'd take all those dragons out of storage. :(
Now, I'll most probably end up buying slots in the stable.

Kennedward
08-25-15, 06:42 AM
This makes me a sad android bunny. For a minute there I thought I'd take all those dragons out of storage. :(
Now, I'll most probably end up buying slots in the stable.

Hang in there, it was like that for IOS as well, which was why many of us complained, but we finally got it now

Hopefully Android will get it soon as well

kimandamelia
08-25-15, 08:23 AM
Hang in there, it was like that for IOS as well, which was why many of us complained, but we finally got it now

Sure would be nice, but since Android users posts are always removed, they can't hear our complaints as much.

freshfunin2008
08-25-15, 09:27 AM
They probably want android users posting in android only forum. TL knows there isn't parity and they don't want to be reminded of that.

Kennedward
08-25-15, 10:10 AM
Agreed, some of my posts supporting Android were removed as well.

I'm one of the few who have both IOS and Android, but due to IOS having more features, I play on IOS mostly

freshfunin2008
08-25-15, 11:40 AM
They should just tell the android folks to go iOS. LOL. I feel for the droid people before you start hating.

AniallaLanthias
08-25-15, 11:44 AM
The update on the expansion now says easier than ever to get more land. 60 maps and as much money as before makes it as hard as it used to be for me. Is there any word on making maps easier to get other than the limited amount you can request from friends each day?

freshfunin2008
08-25-15, 12:02 PM
I see no reason why they would make it easier.

Kennedward
08-25-15, 12:58 PM
They should just tell the android folks to go iOS. LOL. I feel for the droid people before you start hating.

That's really the message implied here, with most new features going to IOS only

Kennedward
08-25-15, 12:59 PM
The update on the expansion now says easier than ever to get more land. 60 maps and as much money as before makes it as hard as it used to be for me. Is there any word on making maps easier to get other than the limited amount you can request from friends each day?

Expanding was only difficult for new players because when you're new, you need to add many neighbors, as well as save up coins that you don't get much when you don't have many habitats and dragons.

But now most of us have the whole isle maxed out with habitats and many habitats are also maxed out with 3 or 4 dragons, so we already have enough coins to expand without worrying. The only thing we need are active neighbors to send maps.

orleansparish
08-25-15, 01:17 PM
Expanding was only difficult for new players because when you're new, you need to add many neighbors, as well as save up coins that you don't get much when you don't have many habitats and dragons.

But now most of us have the whole isle maxed out with habitats and many habitats are also maxed out with 3 or 4 dragons, so we already have enough coins to expand without worrying. The only thing we need are active neighbors to send maps.

I've gone through over 500 neighbors, most over level 120 and so far only about 5% of the 200 ice visited are still playing. It's been making my colledting maps such a pest. Later today I'll go through more but I feel like such a newbie playing, having to deal with this foolishness. Expanding one plot per week again, IF you're lucky to get maps back when you request them.

I know many of my neighbors stopped wall chatting some months back and seeing if they Bred any new dragons but I'm still trying to pinpoint when DS became so dull and scarce.

I guess if was the fifth dragons every week and waiting so long to introduce new features. Remember when each new thread used to be filled with excitement? One would think being able to feed dragons to level 15 would induce awe, but it was a tremendous letdown. Though I'll keep myself entertained for how with fully expanding. Gives me something to do while I get my millionth fail trying for black diamond and prism.

orleansparish
08-25-15, 01:18 PM

Easier meaning less gems to spend. Now it's 48 gems fo skip the 2 day wait. Before it cost more, no? Been so long since I threw a party at not needing to beg for maps again.

freshfunin2008
08-25-15, 02:04 PM
Yeah we are basically back to 1 expansion per week when you take all the steps needed for map request and clearing etc etc.

twospoons
08-25-15, 02:23 PM
Androids are able to expand to two new spots, the upper right middle plot, and the corner plot on the main island.

i've been wanting to clear that plot on the main island forever. finally.

pernmagic
08-25-15, 02:28 PM
D
I've gone through over 500 neighbors, most over level 120 and so far only about 5% of the 200 ice visited are still playing. It's been making my colledting maps such a pest. Later today I'll go through more but I feel like such a newbie playing, having to deal with this foolishness. Expanding one plot per week again, IF you're lucky to get maps back when you request them.

I know many of my neighbors stopped wall chatting some months back and seeing if they Bred any new dragons but I'm still trying to pinpoint when DS became so dull and

I guess if was the fifth dragons every week and waiting so long to introduce new features. Remember when each new thread used to be filled with excitement? One would think being able to feed dragons to level 15 would induce awe, but it was a tremendous letdown. Though I'll keep myself entertained for how with fully expanding. Gives me something to do while I get my millionth fail trying for black diamond and prism.
Sent a neighbour invite for you I always answer map requests :)

owa411
08-25-15, 03:43 PM
The gold cost to skip the waiting part dramatically dropped. That's positive!! :)

Kennedward
08-25-15, 04:37 PM

I know many of my neighbors stopped wall chatting some months back and seeing if they Bred any new dragons but I'm still trying to pinpoint when DS became so dull and scarce.

Me too really, since there's not really any dragons I want in particular now that I've finished my Diamond collection.

Although with the new expansions and new Prime dragons, I'm currently trying for Prime dragons just to see how they do in battles, and also expand when I get enough maps from my neighbors, which doesn't take long now that all my neighbors are active neighbors

JustKay
08-26-15, 04:08 PM

Sure would be nice, but since Android users posts are always removed, they can't hear our complaints as much.

A staff member posted earlier that this is slated for Android very soon. They just couldn't give a date since Murphy's law tends to ring true. This limited space issue is a problem that is causing them loss of money and players. They will definitely fix it promptly.

JustKay
08-26-15, 04:10 PM

You get maps from spin the wheel :D this will probably make those prizes not so disappointing now. You can also do dragon quests for them so now if a dragon tale requires a map quest, I don't feel quite so much like it's a waste of time.

JustKay
08-26-15, 04:20 PM

I feel your pain. I did a massive cleanup of neighbours way back. So slow since they make it hard for you to cut social links in the game. One at a time and each remove neighbour request was slow, and that's after you already spent time trying to figure out if they're not playing. I think in the end I just looked out for gold or map request and anyone I didn't see in recent times or remember fondly was getting the chop. Now I dread having to go through that process again. A smaller number of neighbours now since I've been more selective, but just as high a percentage gone. I'm down to just golding one neighbour.

I do remember the good times, and am somewhat happy to see S8 moving back towards making this game fun. I even saw SummerCamp send me a map request, and I thought they'd quit ages ago. Still a long way to go though. Level 15 feature was such a disappointment. Breeding is still to unlucky, and the split rate of Black, Pink, etc is still so high now. Rare for these colours is even harder than Super Rare. So glad I was there for the good times so I have a few of those already.

Kennedward
08-26-15, 05:12 PM
A staff member posted earlier that this is slated for Android very soon. They just couldn't give a date since Murphy's law tends to ring true. This limited space issue is a problem that is causing them loss of money and players. They will definitely fix it promptly.

That's great new! :D

Jrod333
08-27-15, 03:53 AM
I just got the update on my androids but it's basically unplayable. It's so painfully slow and once loaded I can barely move before it stops and tells me I have no Internet connection when I clearly do. These are brand new devices too, and should have no trouble. Also tried uninstall /reinstall, reboot, clear cache and data.

Annica5
08-27-15, 06:57 AM
This may have been mentioned ( too impatient to read whole thread, sorry ) but the cost for speeding an expansion used to be 700 gold, now it's 48. Or speeding just 1 day is 24, not the worst deal the game has offered me :) Might be what is referred to as easier to expand.
Just looking at all that land makes me happy, don't really care if it takes me a year to clear. :)

Kennedward
08-27-15, 07:12 AM
This may have been mentioned ( too impatient to read whole thread, sorry ) but the cost for speeding an expansion used to be 700 gold, now it's 48. Or speeding just 1 day is 24, not the worst deal the game has offered me :) Might be what is referred to as easier to expand.
Just looking at all that land makes me happy, don't really care if it takes me a year to clear. :)

Agreed

freshfunin2008
08-27-15, 07:45 AM
I have to say in general all the hype behind the iOS 2.1 was a let down. A lot like the 3rd birthday celebration. They made a big deal about these two things but there are still root issues with the game that have not been fixed. Let's remove the habitat limit once and for all.

Jrod333
08-27-15, 09:47 AM
I have to say in general all the hype behind the iOS 2.1 was a let down. A lot like the 3rd birthday celebration. They made a big deal about these two things but there are still root issues with the game that have not been fixed. Let's remove the habitat limit once and for all.

Well the android update we just got is 2.2.1g but it doesn't have lv 15 dragons yet or album, or fix the slow loading /opening, or the 1 line text limit. It only has the new land, which is great, but I was only able to start 1 expansion before the game is now unplayable

Kennedward
08-27-15, 10:33 AM

I agree to a certain point, because LV15 and Prime dragons aren't all that great, I still see most people battling with LV10 Champions anyways.

But with the expansions, I would say they are simply later than expected, it would be nicer if everything were introduced with the 2.1.1 update

glenngenius
08-27-15, 05:36 PM
Expansions are now available on Android! :)

Kennedward
08-27-15, 05:44 PM
Nice! :D

OutBirdWatching
08-27-15, 06:45 PM
Yay!
Thank you TL!
(Wait, I see it on my phone but not my tablet, hmmmm....)
Never mind, just needed to do a game update on the tablet, now it's there :)
Does cause a bit of game lag on Android, hopefully just temporarily

twospoons
08-27-15, 08:52 PM
Wow, that is a lot of extra land. Good thing I've added so many neighbors!

Natasha_07
08-27-15, 08:53 PM
I don't see expansions for android on my tablet, maybe it's only for a selected few. :(

PepperWoo
08-27-15, 10:01 PM
I don't see expansions for android on my tablet, maybe it's only for a selected few. :(

If you have the original/regular DS version, update that or download if you don't. It's the one that has the expansion (+ noble crystal) update and not the latest DS Picnic. But waaaay too laggy for me though. Wish they'd do something about that. :(

SakuraShima
08-28-15, 12:45 AM
ANDROIDS beware of the update. Read reviews on playstore. Many people are having major lagging issues & crashing. Also the game keeps saying it's not connected. I wish I had not updated. Game is only just playable for me.

glenngenius
08-28-15, 04:26 AM
Strange. The level 15 dragons (the new hybrids) are available in the Market but the dragons' max level is still 10. I think TL is still polishing this update.

ndtrance
08-28-15, 10:17 AM
ANDROIDS beware of the update. Read reviews on playstore. Many people are having major lagging issues & crashing. Also the game keeps saying it's not connected. I wish I had not updated. Game is only just playable for me.

Country picnic version is playable for now but it only has a few expansions I think.

Natasha_07
08-28-15, 10:42 AM
I can't handle the new update, it's lagging is so annoying so I'm continuing playing on country picnic until a new update.

Jrod333
08-28-15, 11:59 AM

I posted all this about a day and a half ago, that the update is available and everything you just said and people rolled over my post like I was crazy. Anyway good to know it's not just me

OutBirdWatching
08-28-15, 01:41 PM
Omg, the lag is so bad on Android with the new land/update.... With the lag plus small screen on my phone I accidentally dropped 500 gold on a habitat update, grrrrrrr... I was saving that gold for other things, so angry

OutBirdWatching
08-28-15, 02:28 PM
I can't handle the new update, it's lagging is so annoying so I'm continuing playing on country picnic until a new update.

Great idea, country picnic = no lag!
Going to play that until they fix lag

Kennedward
08-28-15, 04:08 PM
Keeps asking players for maps, may take long just to expand, but I don't mind :D

marcatwolf
08-28-15, 06:11 PM
i love this game!

marcatwolf
08-28-15, 06:14 PM
I just got the update on my androids but it's basically unplayable. It's so painfully slow and once loaded I can barely move before it stops and tells me I have no Internet connection when I clearly do. These are brand new devices too, and should have no trouble. Also tried uninstall /reinstall, reboot, clear cache and data.

i would keep trying it and be patient. it worked on my old device and my new one. mine took a long time to load up when i turned it on though.

marcatwolf
08-28-15, 06:14 PM
i've been wanting to clear that plot on the main island forever. finally.

me too! finally! now if androids like me could only get that island too! i play a little on my ipod but its so tiny and SLOW so i hate it. im only on level 20 or something! i don't even remember.

Jrod333
08-29-15, 06:48 AM
Dragon story is no longer in my list of installed apps and says not compatible with my device when I go to it by link, what happened? Are they blocking some devices

Newski
08-29-15, 02:06 PM
I have it too, but when I went to clear it, it locked up and now I have to use maps to unlock. Did this happen to anyone else?

Kennedward
08-30-15, 06:00 AM
I have it too, but when I went to clear it, it locked up and now I have to use maps to unlock. Did this happen to anyone else?

It's working fine for me, maybe you should email TL

kooky panda
08-30-15, 03:28 PM
Dragon story is no longer in my list of installed apps and says not compatible with my device when I go to it by link, what happened? Are they blocking some devices
Not sure on this. Please send an email to support@storm8.com. Give them your specific device information.

kooky panda
08-30-15, 03:30 PM
You will need to expand to that area first using maps before you will be able to clear it.
Hit your expansion sign and that area should highlight .

Jrod333
08-31-15, 12:22 PM
Not sure on this. Please send an email to support@storm8.com. Give them your specific device information.

OK thanks, email sent.

Jrod333
09-02-15, 04:57 AM
New update is good and running nice. Also back in my Google play app list, thanks. I'm curious about a few other things, why we android users still have the 1line text limit? Why menu scrolling is slow and the scroll indicator bar was removed? And what's going on with the album?

zyfazix
09-02-15, 09:55 AM
Thread about new land? Well, I was just going around my island and was shocked

The Battle Arena is in the bottom left, for reference. I estimate there are 81 new areas to expand to

Kennedward
09-02-15, 10:47 AM
Thread about new land? Well, I was just going around my island and was shocked

The Battle Arena is in the bottom left, for reference. I estimate there are 81 new areas to expand to

Yup, tons of land to expand :cool:

mattjd169
09-02-15, 12:57 PM
Feedback = a BIG Thank You!

The additional land is a great addition.
Many thanks.

:D
Look at all that land north of the Arena!!

magicmaker1121
09-03-15, 11:26 PM
Thank you SO SO SO MUCH for all the new expansions!!! I was cramming habitats in so tight it was ridiculous, and my islands are looking very cluttered.

Would like to add my voice to those asking that we be able to mine for expansion parts again. Please? So many of my neighbors are unresponsive now, it takes at least 3-4 weeks of begging to collect enough maps to clear one space. Considering how desperately my dragons need to spread out, and with all this new space in sight but not yet in my grasp, I'm not sure I have that kind of patience! ^_^;;

sam204
09-04-15, 06:09 AM
Thank you SO SO SO MUCH for all the new expansions!!! I was cramming habitats in so tight it was ridiculous, and my islands are looking very cluttered.

Would like to add my voice to those asking that we be able to mine for expansion parts again. Please? So many of my neighbors are unresponsive now, it takes at least 3-4 weeks of begging to collect enough maps to clear one space. Considering how desperately my dragons need to spread out, and with all this new space in sight but not yet in my grasp, I'm not sure I have that kind of patience! ^_^;;

I really feel there is something wrong -- I take 3 to 4 days to get required maps ! 3 to 4 weeks is too much - -- Do you send requests for Maps everyday ? Also , when you take up expansion , and if requests are not sent from your regular island , then you should send requests from Arctic Island on that day ! I really feel you must investigate yourself since waiting for 3 to 4 weeks is something like punishment ! You may try to add new active neighbors if it is required -- This is what I feel !

roguebee
09-04-15, 06:47 AM
I'd say it was time to clear out your neighbor list and collect a new set of friends.

Kennedward
09-04-15, 07:13 AM
I'd say it was time to clear out your neighbor list and collect a new set of friends.

Agreed, I also realized that despite I have over 60 neighbors, I only get 20 maps per day, it seems there are around 40 of them are inactive, so it's time for me to clear out those inactive ones

sam204
09-04-15, 07:19 AM
Agreed, I also realized that despite I have over 60 neighbors, I only get 20 maps per day, it seems there are around 40 of them are inactive, so it's time for me to clear out those inactive ones
You can get only max 20 maps per day -- as per restriction in the game itself ! So u need not blame neighbors for that !

Jrod333
09-04-15, 08:33 AM
TL should really open the mining back up too. So many of us were hoping for it so we can get more apples and use up these maxed out land pieces we have. Also there is no chance I'll ever use gold for apples, certainly not like 5000 gold it'd take to get 1 dragon to lv 15. We need new planting options as well, I have so many coins in this game they could set any price, I don't care

freshfunin2008
09-04-15, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know if you request a map from 100 neighbors and the first 20 respond same day.... if more than 20 respond that day will the accumulated amount carry over to the next day. Or are you only allowed 20 per request for each day?

roguebee
09-04-15, 10:42 AM
The requests appear to carry over. I tend to send out 1/2 half of alphabet one day and the rest the next. When reading the news, I can see that some from the previous day made it into that day's collection. What I can't tell is how long of a shelf life the requests have. Stray maps show up in the news while I'm waiting to clear the land. You can only receive 20 maps in a day.

freshfunin2008
09-04-15, 10:47 AM
Thanks I had never really paid attention to it because I always seemed to get 20 a day. But then I ask every day I can.

roguebee
09-04-15, 10:58 AM
I operate the same way.

Kennedward
09-04-15, 12:29 PM
You can get only max 20 maps per day -- as per restriction in the game itself ! So u need not blame neighbors for that !

Oh, didn't realize that! Ok, then I won't be deleting anyone then :D

purplespire
01-15-16, 08:43 AM
I am clearing the new big expansion , I don't want to remove all the trees and it won't let me go to the far back or to the left side. Why???

kooky panda
01-15-16, 09:50 AM
I am clearing the new big expansion , I don't want to remove all the trees and it won't let me go to the far back or to the left side. Why???

You cannot expand the whole area. See this thread here.

http://i.imgur.com/TTyiHrY.jpg
(http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63066-Dragon-Story-Mining-40-expansions-(IOS-and-ANDROID)&p=1230434&viewfull=1#post1230434)